PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Watch Updated

Scott Wright
09-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Just updated the Heisman Watch for this week and there is a new addition to the Top 5. Check it out via the main page:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/

SuperKevin
09-06-2007, 12:00 AM
Cant really argue with that. looks good Scott

Turtlepower
09-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Desean Jackson's punt return against Tennessee is a work of art. It deserves its own reward greater than the Heisman. If teams keep kicking to him, look out for him passing by some QBs, but that is a big IF.

SuperKevin
09-06-2007, 12:03 AM
Desean Jackson's punt return against Tennessee is a work of art. It deserves its own reward greater than the Heisman. If teams keep kicking to him, look out for him passing by some QBs, but that is a big IF.

It does have it's own award. Its called the Randy Moss Award given to the nation's top return man. he actually won it last year in the award's first year

Turtlepower
09-06-2007, 12:06 AM
It does have it's own award. Its called the Randy Moss Award given to the nation's top return man. he actually won it last year in the award's first year

I know the award, I meant just that play was sick... But I'm sure he is going to win an award on some sports program or something. There given out like cupcakes. =D

PalmerToCJ
09-06-2007, 12:08 AM
Awwww... No love for my man Andre Woodson, oh well.

Giantsfan1080
09-06-2007, 12:18 AM
How can Hart be two spots ahead of Rice after last week? Hart played very well but Rice had a better game all things considered.

P-L
09-06-2007, 12:20 AM

You might as well just go for it on 4th down if you are going to kick to DeSean Jackson.

D-Unit
09-06-2007, 01:42 AM
Seeing that some posters are giving Brennan a 0% chance to win it, I think your assessment is bad. ha ha.

Nice job Scott.

DraftMichaelHuff
09-06-2007, 02:21 AM
why no love for woodson?

RyanLeaf#1
09-06-2007, 02:44 AM
Seeing that some posters are giving Brennan a 0% chance to win it, I think your assessment is bad. ha ha.

Nice job Scott.

In all reality he has a 0% chance to win it.

Michigan
09-06-2007, 05:31 AM
How can Hart be two spots ahead of Rice after last week? Hart played very well but Rice had a better game all things considered.

23 carries 188 yards and a clutch 54 yard TD to put Michigan up 32-31 late. Rice put up great numbers, but he did it against a much weaker team. (remember, Appalachian State was ranked #53 in the Sargarin rankings last year, ahead of MAC champion Central Michigan)

Don Vito
09-06-2007, 09:58 AM
I agree with some of them but Matt Ryan being left out doesn't make too much sense imo. ACC Preseason POY and 400 yards with 5 TDS week one.

etk
09-06-2007, 05:40 PM
In all reality he has a 0% chance to win it.

Are you being serious? If he duplicates his stats from Week One over the whole season he will win. If he doesn't it will be a real shame.

SuperKevin
09-06-2007, 05:50 PM
i am a firm believer that the QB of the best team in the country has an overwhelming advantage regardless of how good he actually is. Case in point Jason White, Eric Crouch, and Chris Weinke

BUTerriers
09-06-2007, 08:00 PM
I agree with Don Vito, Matt Ryan definitely deserves to be on the list, and this is coming from a BU student (note: BU and BC are arch-rivals, and even though we no longer have football team, I have a natural bias against anything to do with BC). I don't think Ryan will win it, but if BC goes 11-1, which is definitely in the realm of possibility, and he keeps his stats up (they were nearly as good as Colt Brennan's this week), I can see him contending for a top three finish, and I definitely see him as a day one, if not round one, draft choice.

badgerbacker
09-07-2007, 10:19 AM
Are you being serious? If he duplicates his stats from Week One over the whole season he will win. If he doesn't it will be a real shame.
He proved last year that he cannot win with stats alone. He threw for 58 TD passes. 58. If impressive statistics was the most important factor, it wouldn't have even been a question for him to win last year. His team is going to have to go undefeated for him to win, although I think he'll get invited to the ceremony either way assuming he puts up huge numbers again this year even if Hawaii doesn't do as well.

RyanLeaf#1
09-07-2007, 10:41 AM

Im dead serious they are dead last in SOS.

D-Unit
09-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Im dead serious they are dead last in SOS.
SOS isn't the only factor. OMG.

And SHOW ME where they are listed as being last in the SOS standings.

RyanLeaf#1
09-07-2007, 07:50 PM
25 Hawaii 75.65 75.65 1 - 0 119 WAC

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/current_congrove_rankings.html

D-Unit
09-07-2007, 08:12 PM
25 Hawaii 75.65 75.65 1 - 0 119 WAC

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/current_congrove_rankings.html
Is that an official site regulated by the NCAA and pollsters?

RyanLeaf#1
09-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Is that an official site regulated by the NCAA and pollsters?

No its not, but its been around for about 10 years.... Come on D-Unit I know your from Hawaii and your a fan thats great... Are you going to say that Hawaii doesnt have the easiest schedule in the nation?...

wiscbadgerfootball
09-07-2007, 08:17 PM
no Tyler Donovan? I'm shocked...

jk

D-Unit
09-07-2007, 11:05 PM
No its not, but its been around for about 10 years.... Come on D-Unit I know your from Hawaii and your a fan thats great... Are you going to say that Hawaii doesnt have the easiest schedule in the nation?...
How can anyone stake value in a schedule before week 2 of the season? It takes a while for teams to show their value and even the last games of the season matter towards bowl births. C'mon RL, of all people, you know that.

Green Bay Scat
09-08-2007, 12:21 AM
what is 119 could be 80 or 70 by the end of the season for SOS

jballa838
09-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Add Dennis Dixon

JagHombre22
09-08-2007, 04:37 PM
Dennis Dixon is playing like a beast against Michigan...

an who would've thought that Michigan would lose two games at home in one season??

TCU
09-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Sam Bradford anyone?

etk
09-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Sam Bradford anyone?

Definitely for me, but he's a freshman. If AD can't win a Heisman as a freshman he won't.

holt_bruce81
09-11-2007, 04:05 AM
where does Chase Daniel rank on the Heisman list?

68/96 70.8 cmp%, 689 passing yards, 8 TDs 0 INTs

RyanLeaf#1
09-12-2007, 09:25 AM
where does Chase Daniel rank on the Heisman list?

68/96 70.8 cmp%, 689 passing yards, 8 TDs 0 INTs

They are some pretty impressive numbers, but they played Illinois and Ole Miss 2 teams that are not so good right now.

holt_bruce81
09-12-2007, 12:08 PM
They are some pretty impressive numbers, but they played Illinois and Ole Miss 2 teams that are not so good right now.

yea and who has Hawaii played? or Lousville?

RyanLeaf#1
09-12-2007, 12:12 PM
yea and who has Hawaii played? or Lousville?

Colt Brennan has 0% chance of winning the Heisman.

D-Unit
09-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Colt Brennan has 0% chance of winning the Heisman.
Then why do the media folks constantly bring it up? Forget all the talk that I do. Look at the media attention on him. Why would they discuss him if he has 0% chance? Every time you say that you sound like you're taking it personal.

RyanLeaf#1
09-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Then why do the media folks constantly bring it up? Forget all the talk that I do. Look at the media attention on him. Why would they discuss him if he has 0% chance? Every time you say that you sound like you're taking it personal.

Because they are trying to make it a cinderella story because he goes to a WAC school. I guess the media forgets that when he was at Colorado he whipped out his weiner and started touching a coed.

Michigan
09-12-2007, 06:23 PM

That's probably the toughest SOS out of all the Heisman candidates so far...

RyanLeaf#1
09-12-2007, 07:57 PM
That's probably the toughest SOS out of all the Heisman candidates so far...

Well Desean Jackson did say Tennessee.... but I understand your arguement

D-Unit
09-13-2007, 01:38 AM
Because they are trying to make it a cinderella story because he goes to a WAC school. I guess the media forgets that when he was at Colorado he whipped out his weiner and started touching a coed.
If the media is trying to make a story out of it, then he has a chance! OH YEAH BABY!!!!!

...I knew all along that you know he has more than a 0% chance. That's why you're so upset about it. You don't want it to happen, but you see it happening. Suck it up baby. Face the truth.

RyanLeaf#1
09-13-2007, 07:09 AM
If the media is trying to make a story out of it, then he has a chance! OH YEAH BABY!!!!!

...I knew all along that you know he has more than a 0% chance. That's why you're so upset about it. You don't want it to happen, but you see it happening. Suck it up baby. Face the truth.

He has 0% chance. I dont care about what he did in Colorado. That doesnt bother me one bit. The Hawaii football program is a joke. They dont schedule anyone therefore he doesnt win the Heuman.

D-Unit
09-13-2007, 01:21 PM
He has 0% chance. I dont care about what he did in Colorado. That doesnt bother me one bit. The Hawaii football program is a joke. They dont schedule anyone therefore he doesnt win the Heuman.
I would hope he's not winning the "Heuman". lol.

Stop being a hater. It's making you sound ignorant. Hawaii tried to schedule a tougher schedule but no one wanted to play them for obvious reasons.

BUTerriers
09-15-2007, 07:36 PM
If the scores in the Lousville/Kentucky and BC/Georgia Tech games hold up, then Matt Ryan definitely deserves to move onto the board...he's absolutely carrying that team, especially considering that they are missing their best defensive player in Raji.

scottyboy
09-15-2007, 08:54 PM
ok, I'm a homer, but if it's based on stats, Tiquan Underwood deserves a look. not necessarily votes or anything, but damn he's tearing it up.

kwilk103
09-15-2007, 09:01 PM
ok, I'm a homer, but if it's based on stats, Tiquan Underwood deserves a look. not necessarily votes or anything, but damn he's tearing it up.

buffalo, navy, norfolk st

play someone decent; im not sayin a powerhouse or anything, but a decent team; not a team ranked 119 in d-1a or a team playin its 1st d-1a opponent in school history, and hasnt had a winning season in d-1aa

BuckNaked
09-15-2007, 10:33 PM
brohm=goodbye/woodson=hello?

SuperKevin
09-15-2007, 11:48 PM
DeSean Jackson needs to be taken out of consideration. He is averaging like 30 yards a game and has yet to score a recieiving TD

PalmerToCJ
09-16-2007, 12:03 AM
brohm=goodbye/woodson=hello?

That's what I'm sayin'.

Michigan
09-16-2007, 07:01 AM
DeSean Jackson needs to be taken out of consideration. He is averaging like 30 yards a game and has yet to score a recieiving TD

Agreed. You can't win the Heisman by having one big play in one game and then not producing in the other games. He had 25 yards on 8 touches (5 rec, 3 pr) last night. At least take him out of the top ten.

09-16-2007, 09:19 AM

i like desean jackson as many of us do but hes still gotta put up the stats which is y i agree that he should be taken out of the top ten for heisman watch this week

JagHombre22
09-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Harper from Clemson needs to be taken into consideration...he's having a beast like season in the ACC

portermvp84
09-21-2007, 10:39 AM
I really like Ray Rice I think he has a good shot at winning.

Turtlepower
09-21-2007, 10:52 AM
I really like Ray Rice I think he has a good shot at winning.

I agree. But people are in love with McFadden throwing a football against crappy teams this year and thus, impressing them. If people don't want to give the Heisman to Brennen for playing in a gimmicky office, what does that say about McFadden?

P-L
09-22-2007, 12:24 AM
Sam Bradford needs to start getting attention. He won't win because he's a freshman, but he's putting up a helluva season. After tonight's game against Tulsa, his numbers are looking like this:

78%, 14 TD, 2 INT, 1000+ yards

JagHombre22
09-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Another guy who's not getting any attention...cullen harper, QB, Clemson...

he's one of the most efficient qb's in the nation...and he's got the tigers looking at winning the ACC....until he f's up...I think he deserves some attention...

SeanTaylorRIP
09-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Another guy who's not getting any attention...cullen harper, QB, Clemson...

he's one of the most efficient qb's in the nation...and he's got the tigers looking at winning the ACC....until he f's up...I think he deserves some attention...

Heisman attention cmon man, he has been impressive but even in his own conference he isn't even a 10th of a player that Matt Ryan is, and having James Davis and CJ Spiller opens up so much for the QB. Andre Woodson needs to be atleast on the watch list, if Kentucky shocks the world and wins the SEC Woodson had better be the Heisman winner.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-23-2007, 11:02 AM
I agree. But people are in love with McFadden throwing a football against crappy teams this year and thus, impressing them. If people don't want to give the Heisman to Brennen for playing in a gimmicky office, what does that say about McFadden?

McFadden getting attention because of a gimmicky offense??? Have you watched them he carries his team every game until his legs fall off, Felix Jones is good no doubt and could be a good pro but if they had no D-mac this team would be lucky to win more than 5 games this year. The Wildcat is just a small part of him.

RyanLeaf#1
09-25-2007, 06:56 AM
Heisman attention cmon man, he has been impressive but even in his own conference he isn't even a 10th of a player that Matt Ryan is, and having James Davis and CJ Spiller opens up so much for the QB. Andre Woodson needs to be atleast on the watch list, if Kentucky shocks the world and wins the SEC Woodson had better be the Heisman winner.

Woodson has to be atleast in the top 5 right now.