PDA

View Full Version : Attitudes in the NFL

Billingsley26
09-06-2007, 09:28 AM
Am I the only one that sees celebrating after a play stupid? I find that there isnt a need in celebrating. Trust me, and anyone who has played football knows. If you are a DE and you blow by a tackle and get a sack, the tackle knows he messed up and knows you beat him. If anything, celebrating actually encourages him to be better and try harder. I find it uselss and stupid. Going off of what Brian Urlacher said as well, if you are going to be there and celebrate after all these plays, do it all the time even when you make a bad play. It may be the old school in me that I was brought up in, but anytime i reach the endzone, I act like Ive been there before. I think it makes up look stupid and ignorant.

To me this comes back to attitude. And I am a big beleiver that its not the team that has the most talent, its the team that has the best people. I can sit here and tell you how New England has no right to make it to the AFC championship last year let alone bear San Diego. Do you ever see players on New England pull these stupid stunts? Nope! How about on Indianaplis? Nope. Chicago? Nope. New Orleans? Nope. You see my point. Lets look at teams who didnt make the playoffs. Oakland? Yep. Cincinatti? Yep. New York Giants? Yep.The list goes on.

Seeing this really pisses me off. One of the worst plays I ve ever seen was last year was when KC was playing Baltimore, and Larry Johnson took a hand off 40 yards right in front of Terrel Suggs. Suggs came back to make the tackle then kept running LJ out of bounds and celebrated at the end to get the penalty. STUPID!!!! LJ ran right at Suggs and got the best of him, taking it for 40 yards. For Suggs to do that was ignorant and stupid.

I love football, and maybe that is why I like the Patriots so much, and why many people dont like them. They are verysounds and wont do any stupid things that could come back to hurt them. The 4 teams that made the conference finals lat year are what football is all about, and that is how it should be played. There is a reason they were the final 4, and got that far.

WMD
09-06-2007, 09:35 AM
I seem to recall the Patriots mocking Shawne Merriman's "Lights Out" dance..

But anyways, I don't mind celebrations.. It just some harmless fun.. It's especially fun laughing at someone who celebrates at the wrong time; like scoring a late Touchdown in a blowout loss.

NIN1984
09-06-2007, 09:40 AM
I don't mind celebrations at all its just good fun, but spiting in someone's face or kicking some one in the head without their helmet on, now that's a problem.

lightsout
09-06-2007, 10:09 AM
I seem to recall the Patriots mocking Shawne Merriman's "Lights Out" dance..

they mocked t.o in the superbowl when they played the eagles too.

Splat
09-06-2007, 10:09 AM
You don't see a OT celebrate when he keeps a guy from getting a sack but if a guy gets a sack he freaks out. That being said it only bothers me sometimes like when Sammie Parker has one catch a game and acts like he won the SB after it. I really don't understand when your getting blown out by 20 points and you have a good play and you start jumping around and high fiving but what ever.

YAYareaRB
09-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Actually, When New England did celebrate it was the whole team, on the Chargers logo, mocking one of the players.. AFTER the game.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Yq7-b05XmU

The Colts Defense didn't have much to celebrate about during the season, seeing that they were atrocious! Don't call out individual teams because EVERYONE celebrates, playoffs or not. It's a way of life, you do something good, you feel good about it, and you show your satisfaction. Some more than others.

ccB
09-06-2007, 10:19 AM
I dont see nothing wrong with getting excited. Some people jjust have different ways of showing it than others.

JK17
09-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Am I the only one that sees celebrating after a play stupid? I find that there isnt a need in celebrating. Trust me, and anyone who has played football knows. If you are a DE and you blow by a tackle and get a sack, the tackle knows he messed up and knows you beat him. If anything, celebrating actually encourages him to be better and try harder. I find it uselss and stupid. Going off of what Brian Urlacher said as well, if you are going to be there and celebrate after all these plays, do it all the time even when you make a bad play. It may be the old school in me that I was brought up in, but anytime i reach the endzone, I act like Ive been there before. I think it makes up look stupid and ignorant.

To me this comes back to attitude. And I am a big beleiver that its not the team that has the most talent, its the team that has the best people. I can sit here and tell you how New England has no right to make it to the AFC championship last year let alone bear San Diego. Do you ever see players on New England pull these stupid stunts? Nope! How about on Indianaplis? Nope. Chicago? Nope. New Orleans? Nope. You see my point. Lets look at teams who didnt make the playoffs. Oakland? Yep. Cincinatti? Yep. New York Giants? Yep.The list goes on.

Seeing this really pisses me off. One of the worst plays I ve ever seen was last year was when KC was playing Baltimore, and Larry Johnson took a hand off 40 yards right in front of Terrel Suggs. Suggs came back to make the tackle then kept running LJ out of bounds and celebrated at the end to get the penalty. STUPID!!!! LJ ran right at Suggs and got the best of him, taking it for 40 yards. For Suggs to do that was ignorant and stupid.

I love football, and maybe that is why I like the Patriots so much, and why many people dont like them. They are verysounds and wont do any stupid things that could come back to hurt them. The 4 teams that made the conference finals lat year are what football is all about, and that is how it should be played. There is a reason they were the final 4, and got that far.

Right. The Patriots never celebrate...

All the teams you listed have players who have celebrated either in the playoffs that just occured or at some time in the past.

I can't belive you actually agree with what Urlacher said. Calling Merriman out for the dance was one thing, but you really want players to do it after bad plays too? Why, explain that?

Urlacher went onto say after good plays he doesn't like that Merriman draws all the attention to himself with his celebration, which is why he just celebrates with his teammates. I'd like to see Brian Urlacher celebrate with his teammates after a bad play. I mean, following his own advice he should do that too...

Average OT LB
09-06-2007, 10:43 AM

the pats taunted the chargers and pissed of LT.. and thats really hard to do
Reggie bush took a tumble in the playoffs and pissed off who- Urlacher. Its just his thing to not like that stuff at all, probably why he was targeted to answer the question..

the colts have reggie wayne who celebrates, then harrison and manning who score so often they dont need to, plus they're not like that. The defense has nothing to celebrate.

Average OT LB
09-06-2007, 10:44 AM
individual celebrations are pathetic me-first marketing tools used by idiot players who think they're better than their teammates. if you want to celebrate a great play? fine! go jump around with your team. don't run 20 yards away from them to an empty spot on the field so that everyone can see whatever worthless garbage you think will get you a shoe deal.

note, i'm not pointing out any individual players. i'm pointing out EVERY individual player who has EVER done it.

what about the lambeu leap.. they're running 20 yards away to celebrate

Geo
09-06-2007, 10:53 AM
I absolutely cringe when guys celebrate a touchdown when their team is down by a heap of points: perfect example being Roy Williams in 2005 against the Falcons on Thanksgiving. Ugh.

I didn't really have a problem with Reggie Bush pointing to Urlacher on his NFCCG history-making play, partly because it was such a great play and also because he had to deal with Urlacher hitting him for the rest of the game.

I dislike that the NFL has made team celebrations or even two guys celebrating a touchdown a penalty, although they don't enforce it to the letter of the law which is good. I've seen the Colts congratulate each other, exchange head/back pats and hugs, and in the case of Addai and Rhodes synchronize jumps/chest bumps before getting to the sideline.

JK17
09-06-2007, 10:53 AM
what about the lambeu leap.. they're running 20 yards away to celebrate

With a celebration like that though, I would say its different. That's a Packer tradition, its not celebrating an individual but the Packers, their fan base, their history, etc.

In defense of it, when you think Lambau Leap, you think Packers.
When you think Lights Out, or Running onto the Dallas Star, you think Merriman or T.O.

ks_perfection
09-06-2007, 10:55 AM
You do realize the Pats are the worst at sportsmanship and attitude. They made fun of Merriram after they beat the Chargers, they made fun of TOs bird flopping dance after they beat the Eagles. Celebrating by doing a stupid dance is one thing but mocking someone after you've beat them in a big game is alot worse sportsmanship.

Splat
09-06-2007, 10:56 AM
You do realize the Pats are the worst at sportsmanship and attitude. They made fun of Merriram after they beat the Chargers, they made fun of TOs bird flopping dance after they beat the Eagles. Celebrating by doing a stupid dance is one thing but mocking someone after you've beat them in a big game is alot worse sportsmanship.

Hell even there coach blows off the hand shake after the game if they lose.

ks_perfection
09-06-2007, 10:58 AM

Theres a big difference between ignoring your opponent after a lose and deliberatly taunting them after they lost.

Ho0k Em'
09-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Theres a big difference between ignoring your opponent after a lose and deliberatly taunting them after they lost.

Not really, they're both very disrespectful.

nfrillman
09-06-2007, 02:02 PM

Not to mention the Patriots are one of the dirtiest teams in the league. I watch the Patriots quite a bit and there are always several plays that are borderline late hits, pass interference doesn't seem to apply to them, and defensive holding in the seconday doesn't seem to exist (a penalty the league decided to enforce BECAUSE of the Patriots and what they did to WR's particularly the Rams WR's in Superbowl 36 and Colts WR's in various playoff games).

TimD
09-06-2007, 02:05 PM
i think celebrating after a touchdown is okay.... and by that i mean a reasonable spike, a high five, or something in good taste. But i understand celebrating after a big defensive stands, basketball players do it after blocks... but idk other sports the guys aren't doing these big productions after scoring... its their job to score so a fist pump is fine...

TimD
09-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Not really, they're both very disrespectful.

i agree... you're basically saying you don't respect your opponent

Shiver
09-06-2007, 02:35 PM
I think the NFL made a huge mistake outlawing team celebrations. I'd much rather see the "Ram Shuffle" than the individual centric celebrations that go on instead. Encourage team over individual I say.

Vikes99ej
09-06-2007, 03:25 PM
No, I don't think it's stupid. I think it's great, and it makes people want to watch the game. The whole idea of football, and sports in general is to entertain people.

San Diego Chicken
09-06-2007, 03:32 PM
The NFL is about entertainment. These are grown men and for the most part they should be able to celebrate if they want to. They're not out to show anyone up, they're trying to excite the fans and have fun playing the game.

Vikes99ej
09-06-2007, 03:34 PM
you honestly tune into games just to see merriman dance? you think ANYONE does? that's utterly ridiculous. i might buy that it enhances the game for some people, but it does NOT make anyone want to watch.

No, I don't really think people tune in just to see people dance. But, I think people want to see player's show emotion, and I believe the celebration makes the game more fun to watch.

San Diego Chicken
09-06-2007, 03:38 PM
No, I don't really think people tune in just to see people dance. But, I think people want to see player's show emotion, and I believe the celebration makes the game more fun to watch.

I agree. When Merriman does the "Lights Out" dance at home, it hypes up the fans, brings them to their feet, etc. At the same time, when he does it on the road, the road fans boo, like they would a heel in WWE, but it still adds to the excitement of the game and the atmosphere. Not the most sophisticated thing in the world, but overall pretty harmless.

Vikes99ej
09-06-2007, 03:54 PM
and when barry sanders scored, the fans would actually exit the stadium because they were so bored by his touchdowns.

that's the biggest load of garbage i've ever heard. fans would get just as hyped if he ran back to his teammates and slapped a few fives. unless you think nfl fans are so stupid they don't know it's a good play without one of these prima donnas dancing around like an idiot.

Okay, njx9. It's just my opinion.

San Diego Chicken
09-06-2007, 03:55 PM
and when barry sanders scored, the fans would actually exit the stadium because they were so bored by his touchdowns.

that's the biggest load of garbage i've ever heard. fans would get just as hyped if he ran back to his teammates and slapped a few fives. unless you think nfl fans are so stupid they don't know it's a good play without one of these prima donnas dancing around like an idiot.

It is what it is. I think it's a waste of energy to be upset over it. And regardless, it does excite the fans. So they dance around a little bit, no big deal. It's football, celebrations have been part of the NFL for a long time.

princefielder28
09-06-2007, 04:00 PM
Celebrating is part of the game. I don't think someone should do an antic when they get a small catch and a first down, but after a touchdown or big defense play go ahead and show us something. If the game didn't have the attitudes and celebrations it would be very dull outside of just the game

Vikes99ej
09-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Maybe I was wording it wrong. I know the NFL is not the WWE, built entirely on showmanship and characters. But I do think the celebrations add to the entertainment value, along with great play and the excitement that comes along with it. If I see that Chad Johnson or Terrell Owens are going to be playing on MNF, I'm likely going to watch it, not only to see them play, but to see if they do anything if they happen to score. I don't know, it's just how I feel.

San Diego Chicken
09-06-2007, 04:06 PM
surely this has nothing to do with merriman. but whatever. it's classless. do you really want the game to be halted so that chad johnson can play golf with the ball? or so more players can hide sharpie's in their sock? or a cell phone in the goal post? were you entertained by that? it's not a part of football. point out jim brown spending 5 minutes doing a touchdown dance. or otto graham river-dancing because he threw a touchdown pass. or, by long time, did you mean 20 or so years?

it's interesting that it's a watse of energy to be upset about it, but not a waste of energy to do it. actually, the idea of "waste of energy" for a fan is silly enough either way.

Actually closer to 30-35 years, starting in the days of Billy "White Shoes" Johnson. I think using props and all that is excessive, but dancing is just dancing. And no, it has nothing to do with Merriman. I've been watching football for alot longer than he's been in the league.

Vikes99ej
09-06-2007, 04:09 PM
even though that kind of infuriates me on a personal level (chad johnson and owens are, due to their celebrations, two of the least classy players i've ever watched and will thus NEVER tune in to see them), i can at least respect that opinion. fair enough.

I really can see why someone would see Owens or Johnson as foolish clowns. They certainly love drawing attention to themselves. But I think I like Johnson a little more than Owens, seeing as Owens is just plain a menace (although Owens is on my FF team).

09-06-2007, 04:15 PM
as long as the TD celebrations are kept nice and short like they currently are i dont see where there is a problem. the NFL fixed this problem a year ago.

BrownsTown
09-06-2007, 04:17 PM
I really can see why someone would see Owens or Johnson as foolish clowns. They certainly love drawing attention to themselves. But I think I like Johnson a little more than Owens, seeing as Owens is just plain a menace (although Owens is on my FF team).

Owens is a menace, yes. But Johnson used his craziness and creativity to not only energize his team, but he uses the fact that he's famous from it to raise money for charity. That's what that crazy horse thing was for. That's cool.

yo123
09-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Whats the big deal? I could understand if it was high school or something but its the NFL, if opposing players arent tough enough to deal with someone celebrating when they make a play they shouldnt be playing at all.

Average OT LB
09-06-2007, 04:25 PM
With a celebration like that though, I would say its different. That's a Packer tradition, its not celebrating an individual but the Packers, their fan base, their history, etc.

In defense of it, when you think Lambau Leap, you think Packers.
When you think Lights Out, or Running onto the Dallas Star, you think Merriman or T.O.

just because its a tradition it makes it okay? Whats merrimans tradition?

Average OT LB
09-06-2007, 04:29 PM
surely this has nothing to do with merriman. but whatever. it's classless. do you really want the game to be halted so that chad johnson can play golf with the ball? or so more players can hide sharpie's in their sock? or a cell phone in the goal post? were you entertained by that? it's not a part of football. point out jim brown spending 5 minutes doing a touchdown dance. or otto graham river-dancing because he threw a touchdown pass. or, by long time, did you mean 20 or so years?

it's interesting that it's a watse of energy to be upset about it, but not a waste of energy to do it. actually, the idea of "waste of energy" for a fan is silly enough either way.

i love how they celebrated so yes i am entertained..

I respect how jim brown played the game... but by no means do i want everyone to be like barry sanders or brown and just be boring when they score...

when my team scores a touchdown i go nuts. Same thing for a good play. Why should the actual player have to hold back if hes the one who made the play im celebrating?

Average OT LB
09-06-2007, 04:30 PM
you honestly tune into games just to see merriman dance? you think ANYONE does? that's utterly ridiculous. i might buy that it enhances the game for some people, but it does NOT make anyone want to watch.

i dont think he meant it like, he tunes in to specifically watch merriman, he watches because merriman is an exciting player in addition to the game.

JK17
09-06-2007, 04:31 PM
just because its a tradition it makes it okay? Whats merrimans tradition?

I didn't say it Merriman's wasn't okay either, I have no problem with celebrations.

But in terms of an argument your response doesn't make sense to mine. Mine talks about a team tradition, whereas Merriman's is solely a personal one. I don't have a problem with either, but its reasonable to accept one and not the other.

nfrillman
09-06-2007, 04:32 PM
I would have to agree that the NFL made a big mistake in banning team celebrations. I don't know of anyone that gets infuriated over the Bob-n-Weave and the Dirty Bird. I would much rather watch a team celebration than a "signature" move. I personally think there should be a time limit on celebrations, no props that do not belong on the the field of play, and not showing up the opponent. Those should be the only rules, someone should be able to do almost any celebration they can think of in under 10 seconds. I am also not a fan of defensive and non-touchdown celebrations. The only exceptions on defense would be a turnover or drive ending sack. A defender getting up and dancing about a sack which results in a loss of 7 yards and a down is just as stupid as a WR catching a 7 yard pass on 3rd and 6 and getting up and doing a jig. Both plays resulted in 7 yards and a positive change of downs for the respective sides.

Flyboy
09-06-2007, 04:40 PM

To each their own. Of course people don't tune in to see the Merriman dance or what CJ does after a touchdown, but if it's all in good fun then I don't see what the hoopla is about. My biggest thing is... if you don't want the opposing player celebrating then maybe you should stop CJ from torching you? Or maybe stop Merriman from causing havoc in the backfield?

Celebrating after every first down is dumb, but you make a big play on 3rd & 20 then... more power to you. Do your thing.

Hell, LT2 is perhaps looked upon as one of the most humble athletes in sports (not to mention the game of football) and sometimes even when he scores a TD he does it with a little style by placing his hand on his helmet and dropping the ball.

*shrugs* Like I said, to each their own.

scottyboy
09-06-2007, 04:40 PM
wait? the giants didnt make the playoffs? than why the hell did we play the eagles a 3rd time at the end of the season?

i don't see celebrations a bad thing as long as they don't go out making fun of, mocking another team, or doing them for the sole sake of provoking them. Celebrations like Brandon Jacobs putting the ball under his jersey tributing his pregnant wife should'nt be penalized... let the players celebrate and have fun, just keep it kinda clean...

Vikes99ej
09-06-2007, 04:42 PM
wait? the giants didnt make the playoffs? than why the hell did we play the eagles a 3rd time at the end of the season?

i don't see celebrations a bad thing as long as they don't go out making fun of, mocking another team, or doing them for the sole sake of provoking them. Celebrations like Brandon Jacobs putting the ball under his jersey tributing his pregnant wife should'nt be penalized... let the players celebrate and have fun, just keep it kinda clean...

He actually did that? I remember when Brian Williams did that for us once, and I was just like WTF?

Flyboy
09-06-2007, 04:44 PM
He actually did that? I remember when Brian Williams did that for us once, and I was just like WTF?

Yeah, he did it last season. It was pretty... ****.

scottyboy
09-06-2007, 04:44 PM

yep. and he got a penalty for it. he did it for like 15 seconds and was done...

nfrillman
09-06-2007, 05:13 PM
yep. and he got a penalty for it. he did it for like 15 seconds and was done...

Watch a clock for 15 seconds. If it really was 15 seconds thats quite a long time to be holding up the game while you walk around with a football in your shirt.

ShutDwn
09-06-2007, 05:23 PM
I like only the four teams in the championship games were listed, and not the team that was the favorite to win it, the Chargers. Is it there celebrating that lost them the game?

What people don't seem to get is that a lot of the time, the player's teammates enjoy it. The guys make stuff up in training camp and have laughs and then laugh even more when they do it live.

If you don't like celebrations, suck it up. They are allowed to have fun as some people seem to not want them too. And if you only watch football for the celebrations you aren't a fan. This really isn't a problem and people really don't need to cry about it. You can't tell me that after one of your teams players makers makes a play you get angry if they have fun and but don't get a penalty. You are just as excited as they are.

nfrillman
09-06-2007, 08:43 PM
I don't really have a problem with touchdown celebrations. My personal feelings on that are if you don't like it then don't let them score. The main thing I get upset about is when players dance for damn near every positive play they make. Grow up already, you got a sack, its 2nd and 13. Again, the only dances should be TD's, drive ending sacks, and turnovers. I don't want to watch some ego-maniac dance after a sack on first down or a 6 yard grab for a first down. Go back to the huddle and dance when you make a play significant enough to warrent a dance. I don't buy the argument that Merriman's dance shows his intensity or any of that garbage. It is the same dance every time, he isn't overcome with intensity or excitement, he is making a play and then saying well it's now time to do a jig.

Notice my intential seperation of celebrations and dances. I don't really mind any celebrations if it is a spur of the moment thing, because that just means you are in the moment, and not a rehearsal. The best celebrations are spur of the moment things. If someone wants to do a dance it had damn well better be a play deserving of a rehearsed dance.

Billingsley26
09-06-2007, 09:43 PM
I like only the four teams in the championship games were listed, and not the team that was the favorite to win it, the Chargers. Is it there celebrating that lost them the game?

What people don't seem to get is that a lot of the time, the player's teammates enjoy it. The guys make stuff up in training camp and have laughs and then laugh even more when they do it live.

If you don't like celebrations, suck it up. They are allowed to have fun as some people seem to not want them too. And if you only watch football for the celebrations you aren't a fan. This really isn't a problem and people really don't need to cry about it. You can't tell me that after one of your teams players makers makes a play you get angry if they have fun and but don't get a penalty. You are just as excited as they are.

That wasnt my point. I wasnt saying who was the favorite. My basis of the arguement was to show you EXACTLY who were the final 4, and how much they celebrated. Your trying to twist this around and are completely wrong.

My point is that it is useless and ignorant. Everyone here is talking about whn a guy makes a big play he is ALLOWED to do this, ya well I would vote as one of the iggest plays last year as Joseph Addai scoring the TD to beat the Pats to complete the comeback. What did Addai do after. Nothing, turned around, and was swarmed by his teammates. To me that is how it should be. No river dancing, no golf putting, no sharpies, no skating, no cell phones. You celebrate with ur team, the other 10 guys who helped you get what you got. Not this fancy-dan stupid BS. When Troy Brown saved the Pats season by tripping the ball form the Chargers DB, did he do "lights out" or run 30 yards downfield and strike a pose? Hell no! Football aint about dancing or showing off. Today everoyne is about being pretty boys. What happened to likes of Ray Nitchske or Jack Lambert who played so hard and with such intense they almost were killing people.

Ho0k Em'
09-06-2007, 10:58 PM
That wasnt my point. I wasnt saying who was the favorite. My basis of the arguement was to show you EXACTLY who were the final 4, and how much they celebrated. Your trying to twist this around and are completely wrong.

My point is that it is useless and ignorant. Everyone here is talking about whn a guy makes a big play he is ALLOWED to do this, ya well I would vote as one of the iggest plays last year as Joseph Addai scoring the TD to beat the Pats to complete the comeback. What did Addai do after. Nothing, turned around, and was swarmed by his teammates. To me that is how it should be. No river dancing, no golf putting, no sharpies, no skating, no cell phones. You celebrate with ur team, the other 10 guys who helped you get what you got. Not this fancy-dan stupid BS. When Troy Brown saved the Pats season by tripping the ball form the Chargers DB, did he do "lights out" or run 30 yards downfield and strike a pose? Hell no! Football aint about dancing or showing off. Today everoyne is about being pretty boys. What happened to likes of Ray Nitchske or Jack Lambert who played so hard and with such intense they almost were killing people.

The league is just as much to blame on that one as the players.

litlharsh
09-07-2007, 12:18 AM
ha it's all in good fun...whenever I win a tough point in a ping pong match I flex my right bicep. It's ridiculous, and it's just playing around. Life is pointless, live it that way.

litlharsh
09-07-2007, 12:19 AM
Today everoyne is about being pretty boys. What happened to likes of Ray Nitchske or Jack Lambert who played so hard and with such intense they almost were killing people.
I just busted out laughing so hard at that. I'm sticking that in my sig at some point.

ShutDwn
09-07-2007, 06:26 AM

What did Reggie Wayne do? What was that little thing? What about the one the Saint's defensive ends who likes to flex after a big play. ( I believe it is Grant). What about Muhsin Muhammed having the Moose walk? Merriman doesn't run thirty yards, he goes about 5 feet. I guess this angers you because he is wasting his 25 seconds to get back the huddle? If teams don't like it, don't let it happen, or go no huddle. Other than that, get some thicker skin.

Point is, celebrations don't effect teams unless they get penalties. Trying to make a correlation between the top teams because they don't celebrate is stupid.

Iamcanadian
09-07-2007, 09:01 AM
I hate it but that's pro football today and we had better get used to it because it ain't going away.

Billingsley26
09-07-2007, 09:32 AM
if that were the case, i wouldn't complain at all.

but i'm amazed people think a guy jumping up and dancing because he picked up 4 yards on a running play making it 3rd and 12 instead of 3rd and 16 is ok and part of the fun and pumping up his teammates. i'm curious how many of those people on this board have actually played, and how far out they've played. most likely high school, where you can't dance anyways. i'd imagine you and your teams get fairly hyped without anyone making themselves look like an idiot after every single play. we certainly got by without dancing at umass. grow up.

I agree with it. Probably most of these people on here havent even played past HS, even some may have not even played HS ball. You aren't able to do it anyways.

Im all for team celebrations. If you score a TD, celebrate with the 10 other guys who got you there. Dont run away from your team to try and steal attention. In Merrimans case he has Luis Castillo eating up 2 blocks, same with Jamal Williams and Merriam and after a sack do you see him go up to the rest of his defense and hare it with them. Nope!

I uderstand that guys like Reggie Wayne and Reggie Bush taunted last year,but is it anywhere remotley close to that of T.O, Ocho or Merriman? NOPE! Those final four teams are TEAMS! They win as a team, lose as a team and celebrate as a team.

JK17
09-07-2007, 09:49 AM
I agree with it. Probably most of these people on here havent even played past HS, even some may have not even played HS ball. You aren't able to do it anyways.

Im all for team celebrations. If you score a TD, celebrate with the 10 other guys who got you there. Dont run away from your team to try and steal attention. In Merrimans case he has Luis Castillo eating up 2 blocks, same with Jamal Williams and Merriam and after a sack do you see him go up to the rest of his defense and hare it with them. Nope!

I uderstand that guys like Reggie Wayne and Reggie Bush taunted last year,but is it anywhere remotley close to that of T.O, Ocho or Merriman? NOPE! Those final four teams are TEAMS! They win as a team, lose as a team and celebrate as a team.

Oh, you mean like Reggie Bush did?!

Are you serious? First of all, the amount of football you've played, has no bearing on your football intelligence (see every ESPN Broadcaster) or even your right to enjoy celebrations as a fan.

What do you think you know about Merriman, the Chargers and how they celebrate, from the few times you've seen them play all year, except that this is a good opportunity for you to bash them for it?

Reggie Bush taunted last year, by himself, after he got a ton of good blocks to make a play, how is that any different, or not "remotely close" to Merriman? Not to mention Merriman's lights out dance, when he did do it, was something encourage by his team, and something the entire defense rallied around, so where do you take from that, that Merriman is being selfish and not sharing credit with the defense? Not to mention, while your reference of Castillo eating up two blocks is true, Merriman himself has to overcome double teams anyway, so your attempt to belitle his accomplishmnets in regards to the people around him doesn't hold much water.

And, what, by any stretch of the imagination, do you think the Chargers don't win, lose, or celebrate as a team. When they won, every won of them gave credit to everyone else on the team, and when they lost not one person came out and said , Marlon did this bad, or Shawne is being selfish. They all took the blame equally, and when it came time to celebrate, they did, as a team. Remeber when LT broke the TD record? What did he do, he looekd for his linemen to celebrate with. The only person you can victimize is Merriman, except you can't because the Lights Out dance was the personna of the defense, not just himself. Steve Foley did his bull thing after he got sacks, too, and the defense embraced that. In fact, when he got injured Merriman did that as a tribute to him instead of his own dance.

So spare me the nonsense that the four final teams are all about team, and no selfish players, and that's why they got there. It's just an attempt to glorify the Patriots, and the other teams, at the exepense of another team, who is just as team-oriented as they are.

JK17
09-07-2007, 10:09 AM
that has little to nothing to do with the original point. football knowledge and its correllation to playing has nothing to do with knowing how it actually feels to make a big play and get your team pumped up in an environment in which you can't celebrate. which is the point i was making. when i played in high school and college, we were able to motivate ourselves WITHOUT dancing around like idiots after every tackle or 4 yard run. we got pumped up just fine. our high school games still sold out without celebrations. our college games sold out without celebrations. the fans still got loud and pumped and excited after big plays. THOSE experiences are why it matters whether you actually played or not in this context and those experiences are why i asked the question.

I know, I didn't direct that part at you...

Although it looks as if I probably misinterpreted that part of the quote anyway. My bad.

I still stand by the rest of what I said though, and there's nothing wrong with enjoying celebrations or preforming them. The amount of times someone does soemthing stupid and celebrates something miniscule is far outweighed by good plays that are fair game for celebration.

Namy
09-07-2007, 10:35 AM

A bad misconception.. EVERY team celebrates... even the Patriots. I still remember Vrabel pretending to give a ball to a kid in the stadium than yanking it away... that was one of the most classless things I've seen...

I don't mind "moderate" celebration... Nothing wrong with that at all..

Billingsley26
09-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Oh, you mean like Reggie Bush did?!

Are you serious? First of all, the amount of football you've played, has no bearing on your football intelligence (see every ESPN Broadcaster) or even your right to enjoy celebrations as a fan.

What do you think you know about Merriman, the Chargers and how they celebrate, from the few times you've seen them play all year, except that this is a good opportunity for you to bash them for it?

Reggie Bush taunted last year, by himself, after he got a ton of good blocks to make a play, how is that any different, or not "remotely close" to Merriman? Not to mention Merriman's lights out dance, when he did do it, was something encourage by his team, and something the entire defense rallied around, so where do you take from that, that Merriman is being selfish and not sharing credit with the defense? Not to mention, while your reference of Castillo eating up two blocks is true, Merriman himself has to overcome double teams anyway, so your attempt to belitle his accomplishmnets in regards to the people around him doesn't hold much water.

And, what, by any stretch of the imagination, do you think the Chargers don't win, lose, or celebrate as a team. When they won, every won of them gave credit to everyone else on the team, and when they lost not one person came out and said , Marlon did this bad, or Shawne is being selfish. They all took the blame equally, and when it came time to celebrate, they did, as a team. Remeber when LT broke the TD record? What did he do, he looekd for his linemen to celebrate with. The only person you can victimize is Merriman, except you can't because the Lights Out dance was the personna of the defense, not just himself. Steve Foley did his bull thing after he got sacks, too, and the defense embraced that. In fact, when he got injured Merriman did that as a tribute to him instead of his own dance.

So spare me the nonsense that the four final teams are all about team, and no selfish players, and that's why they got there. It's just an attempt to glorify the Patriots, and the other teams, at the exepense of another team, who is just as team-oriented as they are.

You call Reggi Bush taking an out and up 80 yards for a TD then pointing back to Urlacher AS HE WAS STILL ON HIS WAY TO THE ENDZONE running away from his team? What was he supposed to do, stop and let his team catch up? Im talking about after a play. Reggie flipped into the endzone while he was still running. That is different then being on the field with your 10 other teammates within 10 yards to you. I never said anything about LT, I know LT is a classy act. Yes LT did celebrate with his team after this record TD.

Im not glorifying the Patriots, Colts, Bears or Saints. What im trying to get across is that model yourself after the teams what win. And for the most part over the past couple of years minus the saints and to an extent the bears, they have been at or near the top. The Colts and Pats are repeatedly playing for the AFC title. There is no arguing that point. Like I said its more about the best people then the best talent.

Like I said again, when you get to the endzone, act like you've been there before. When you see a LT stuff a DE or a blitzing LB does he do seomthing to celebrate. No he gets back to the huddle because he knows he beat you, he knows he stopped you and made you look foolish.

JK17
09-07-2007, 01:17 PM
You call Reggi Bush taking an out and up 80 yards for a TD then pointing back to Urlacher AS HE WAS STILL ON HIS WAY TO THE ENDZONE running away from his team? What was he supposed to do, stop and let his team catch up? Im talking about after a play. Reggie flipped into the endzone while he was still running. That is different then being on the field with your 10 other teammates within 10 yards to you. I never said anything about LT, I know LT is a classy act. Yes LT did celebrate with his team after this record TD.

So then why lump all of San Diego into one player, who despite his seemingly selfish celebration, is a celebration that his entire defense rallies around and identifies with, unless of course you were just blindly looking at the situation for a reaosn to pick out something wrong...
Wouldn't it make more sense to judge the Chargers based on their team's biggest leader? Or observe that very few of them, if any, have celebrations that solely involve themselves?

And like I said, the Lights Out dance was something the whole defense rallied around. Often times, the defense would be right next to him while he celebrated anyway.

Im not glorifying the Patriots, Colts, Bears or Saints. What im trying to get across is that model yourself after the teams what win. And for the most part over the past couple of years minus the saints and to an extent the bears, they have been at or near the top. The Colts and Pats are repeatedly playing for the AFC title. There is no arguing that point. Like I said its more about the best people then the best talent.

Yes you are trying to glorify them, based on the ridiculous assertation that the reason those teams made it far is because they didn't celebrate individually. Aside from not being true, I don't think the reason they were the final four was becasue they didn't celebrate alone. I already showed you that San Diego celebrates as a team, as do many other teams who didn't make it to the final four. A better assessment would be that motivated teams with good chemistry make it far, but that has very little to do with celebration.

Like I said again, when you get to the endzone, act like you've been there before. When you see a LT stuff a DE or a blitzing LB does he do seomthing to celebrate. No he gets back to the huddle because he knows he beat you, he knows he stopped you and made you look foolish.

The difference between a LT stuffing a DE is different because although its certianly importnat its not game changing in the regards a TD, or big sack would be. For all the belittling being doen of sacks, there is very little that alters a team's momentum more then a sack. Celebrating a block would be equivalent to celebrating a 3 yard run. It's importnat and necesary but not game changing.

Billingsley26
09-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Well, I thought you didnt read my posts clearly before, and I know have even more proof. When did I ever say that a team wins because they celebrate as a team? HAD YOU TAKEN THE TIME TO READ MY POSTS YOU WOULD'VE NOTCIED THAT I SAID ITS THE TEAM WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE THAT WIN!!! You just repeated what I said when you said that its chemistry. I'll go back to the NE vs SD example I used before. NE had no right going into SD and beating them, let alone getting to the AFC finals. Why did NE win, because they have the right people. Your not listening, scratch that, reading what I am saying. I have said that at least TWICE in this thread and several times on this site.

JK17
09-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Well, I thought you didnt read my posts clearly before, and I know have even more proof. When did I ever say that a team wins because they celebrate as a team? HAD YOU TAKEN THE TIME TO READ MY POSTS YOU WOULD'VE NOTCIED THAT I SAID ITS THE TEAM WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE THAT WIN!!! You just repeated what I said when you said that its chemistry. I'll go back to the NE vs SD example I used before. NE had no right going into SD and beating them, let alone getting to the AFC finals. Why did NE win, because they have the right people. Your not listening, scratch that, reading what I am saying. I have said that at least TWICE in this thread and several times on this site.

Then you really aren't making your point very well, considering San Diego had excellent team chemistry last year, and it was a reason why they won so many games.

Not to mention almost your entire initial post was based on Suggs celebrating after a play, Merriman celebrating after a play, and referencing San Diego, New York, and other teams that celebrate, and suggesting that that is why they didnt win.

Do you ever see players on New England pull these stupid stunts? Nope! How about on Indianaplis? Nope. Chicago? Nope. New Orleans? Nope. You see my point. Lets look at teams who didnt make the playoffs. Oakland? Yep. Cincinatti? Yep. New York Giants? Yep.The list goes on.

Billingsley26
09-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Then you really aren't making your point very well, considering San Diego had excellent team chemistry last year, and it was a reason why they won so many games.

Not to mention almost your entire initial post was based on Suggs celebrating after a play, Merriman celebrating after a play, and referencing San Diego, New York, and other teams that celebrate, and suggesting that that is why they didnt win.

In some cases I am suggesting that is why they didnt win. Look at the talent on Cincinatti and tell me that is not capable of being a playoff team. They are a team of "I" players who care more about themselves. Dallas should of been able to go farther. Just to name a few.

Obviously you didnt do well in English class. Let me help you out. When you are trying to prove a point, you need to provide examples to SUPPORT your opinion. I made a point about celebrating as well as attitudes, and I used the likes of Merriman, Suggs and such to PROVE my point. The uneducated!!!!

Im sorry if you think that San Diego has the "right people" on their team. A player suspended for steriods, a player not happy because he wants out for more money (Donnie Edwards) and a player who gets shot (Foley i think) among others. Hmmmmmm, sounds like the right guys to me. Im not saying that SD didn't have great team chemistry, but compared to teams like IND and NE I would say they aren't at that level.

JK17
09-08-2007, 03:12 PM
In some cases I am suggesting that is why they didnt win. Look at the talent on Cincinatti and tell me that is not capable of being a playoff team. They are a team of "I" players who care more about themselves. Dallas should of been able to go farther. Just to name a few.

Obviously you didnt do well in English class. Let me help you out. When you are trying to prove a point, you need to provide examples to SUPPORT your opinion. I made a point about celebrating as well as attitudes, and I used the likes of Merriman, Suggs and such to PROVE my point. The uneducated!!!!

Im sorry if you think that San Diego has the "right people" on their team. A player suspended for steriods, a player not happy because he wants out for more money (Donnie Edwards) and a player who gets shot (Foley i think) among others. Hmmmmmm, sounds like the right guys to me. Im not saying that SD didn't have great team chemistry, but compared to teams like IND and NE I would say they aren't at that level.

Terible response, and an unnecesary shot with the English class line.

Your first paragraph, again, you suggest, after having previosuly denied it, that there are teams who would have done better had they not celebrated. Such a thought is ridiculous. Again, the point about players being more team oriented is an obvious statement, something that everyone knows will help a team win. But you just said, sometimes you think it is why they didn't win. Which is ridiculous.

Your second paragraph is one i think you added just to make your post longer. I know you made a point, it was a bad one. I know you used evidence. It didn't make too much sense or even really prove your point that much, since you brought up two players on playoff teams.

Now, my favorite paragraph, where you suggest, because of three players: Merriman, Edwards, and Foley the Chargers don't have the right people. First of all, Foley wasn't even on the active roster for the season, but just to help your argument I'll replace him with Terrence Kiel. Now you are talking about three players, out of 55, or a whopping 5% of their roster. Which is riduclous. Then you said they aren't at Indy or NE level because of that.

New England
Rodney Harrison-HGH
Tom Brady-Impregnated two women
Asante Samuel-Wanted more money
Deion Branch-Had to be traded, because he wanted more money
Randy Moss-Attitude problems
Ellis Hobbs-taunted fans in San Diego
Brandon Merriweather-Character concerns didn't scare them away

Indianapolis Colts
Dominic Rhodes-DUI
Dwight Freeney-Wanted more money

New Orleans Saints
Hollis Thomas-Suspended four games, substance abuse policy
Drew Brees-Left San Diego because he wanted more money, you could say he's greedy its a stretch

Chicago Bears
Runningback situation-Holdouts and skipping team workouts from Benson and Jones
Tank Johnson-....
Grossman-Said he was more interested in New Years, then preparing for a game

There's players on everyone's roster who have issues, and a lot on the Patriots too, so don't try and make that argument. Every team has guys who do things they shouldn't, just like every team has character guys that lead them.

Billingsley26
09-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Terible response, and an unnecesary shot with the English class line.

Your first paragraph, again, you suggest, after having previosuly denied it, that there are teams who would have done better had they not celebrated. Such a thought is ridiculous. Again, the point about players being more team oriented is an obvious statement, something that everyone knows will help a team win. But you just said, sometimes you think it is why they didn't win. Which is ridiculous.

Your second paragraph is one i think you added just to make your post longer. I know you made a point, it was a bad one. I know you used evidence. It didn't make too much sense or even really prove your point that much, since you brought up two players on playoff teams.

Now, my favorite paragraph, where you suggest, because of three players: Merriman, Edwards, and Foley the Chargers don't have the right people. First of all, Foley wasn't even on the active roster for the season, but just to help your argument I'll replace him with Terrence Kiel. Now you are talking about three players, out of 55, or a whopping 5% of their roster. Which is riduclous. Then you said they aren't at Indy or NE level because of that.

New England
Rodney Harrison-HGH
Tom Brady-Impregnated two women
Asante Samuel-Wanted more money
Deion Branch-Had to be traded, because he wanted more money
Randy Moss-Attitude problems
Ellis Hobbs-taunted fans in San Diego
Brandon Merriweather-Character concerns didn't scare them away

Indianapolis Colts
Dominic Rhodes-DUI
Dwight Freeney-Wanted more money

New Orleans Saints
Hollis Thomas-Suspended four games, substance abuse policy
Drew Brees-Left San Diego because he wanted more money, you could say he's greedy its a stretch

Chicago Bears
Runningback situation-Holdouts and skipping team workouts from Benson and Jones
Tank Johnson-....
Grossman-Said he was more interested in New Years, then preparing for a game

There's players on everyone's roster who have issues, and a lot on the Patriots too, so don't try and make that argument. Every team has guys who do things they shouldn't, just like every team has character guys that lead them.

Again! You sit there trying to tell people what I said when you are wrong again. I didnt just say SD isnt at NE or IND level because of those 3 guys. I said they weren't at that level because they dont have the chemistry that NE or IND has.

As for you team by team analysis:

New England
Rodney Harisson- Ill give it to you
Tom Brady- As far as I know it was really only one women that is official. I heard the other one to be a rumor and was never confirmed.
Asante Samuel- Was upset, but came back for the team and to win.
Randy Moss- WAS an attitude problem before he came to NE. He is/has not been a problem in NE yet. Not to say he won;t, but as of now, he isnt, take him off the list.
Deion Branch- Personally had reason to leave. A SB MVP being paid less than a million. Come on. Call him a selfish player, but I wont hold it against him. He didnt cause a scene like Lance Briggs or Donnie Edwards.
Ellis Hobbs- Taunting fans for I think the first time Ive ever seen him talk or do anything other than play football.

Indy
Dom Rhodes- He WAS NOT with indy when he got the DUI. Nice try tho, really was.
Dwight Freeney- Read Deion Branch!

New Orleans-
Hollis Thomas- Dont know how much to make of it, it was for his inhalers he says, but he did get suspended. So you take that one.
Drew Brees- Lets be honest, money aside. They had Rivers waiting and they weren't crazy about keeping him. I wouldnt call him leaving for money.

Chicago-
Tank Johnson- Its all yours.
Running back situation- Not a problem to me personally. But I do see it, Benson isnt liked in Chicago and does cause problems.
Rex Grossman- Please, hes a team guy, and a decent leader.

So out of all the players you listed, I gave you 4 of those who you can really cal agaisnt me.

JK17
09-08-2007, 11:11 PM
Again! You sit there trying to tell people what I said when you are wrong again. I didnt just say SD isnt at NE or IND level because of those 3 guys. I said they weren't at that level because they dont have the chemistry that NE or IND has.

No actually, what you said was that they weren't at the level because they don't have character guys, and they didn't have the right people, but like I showed you, they had few non-character guys and just as many as those other teams.

New England
Rodney Harisson- Ill give it to you
Tom Brady- As far as I know it was really only one women that is official. I heard the other one to be a rumor and was never confirmed.
Asante Samuel- Was upset, but came back for the team and to win.
Randy Moss- WAS an attitude problem before he came to NE. He is/has not been a problem in NE yet. Not to say he won;t, but as of now, he isnt, take him off the list.
Deion Branch- Personally had reason to leave. A SB MVP being paid less than a million. Come on. Call him a selfish player, but I wont hold it against him. He didnt cause a scene like Lance Briggs or Donnie Edwards.
Ellis Hobbs- Taunting fans for I think the first time Ive ever seen him talk or do anything other than play football.

Okay, as is a theme for most of your crappy examples, you make excuses for guys on other temas whereas you don't for SD. Harrison, Brady, Moss, and Hobbs you admitted their was proof for some questionable things theyve done. Now as for Branch where do you get off saying he didn't cause a scene? Are you serious? going up until when he got traded it was a problem.

Indy
Dom Rhodes- He WAS NOT with indy when he got the DUI. Nice try tho, really was.
Dwight Freeney- Read Deion Branch!

Wow, cuase he was with Indy in the offeseason, and only got released after that drama. Not to mention eithe rway its anohter guy who had an issue. Dwight Freeny, whose to say Edwards didn't have a reason to hold out, but botoh tese examples can be alligned wtih Foley and Edwards. Foley wasn't with the team this season, and Edwards was "underpaid". Excuses don't mean **** anyone can make them.

New Orleans-
Hollis Thomas- Dont know how much to make of it, it was for his inhalers he says, but he did get suspended. So you take that one.
Drew Brees- Lets be honest, money aside. They had Rivers waiting and they weren't crazy about keeping him. I wouldnt call him leaving for money.

It's still a guy who isn;t innocent, like you say merriman isn't. The San Deigo Chargers have few players i cudnt make excuses for also.

Chicago-
Tank Johnson- Its all yours.
Running back situation- Not a problem to me personally. But I do see it, Benson isnt liked in Chicago and does cause problems.
Rex Grossman- Please, hes a team guy, and a decent leader.

really ? all thsoe made offseaosn news. I would say Edwards wasn't a problem. And Merriman is a team guy, and a decent leader so it doens't matter for him either. Excuses, excuses.

So out of all the players you listed, I gave you 4 of those who you can really cal agaisnt me.

I can call many more against you, just like you can call some agaisnt other teams. San Diego has Terrence Kiel and maybe Merriman. try to come up with some more that you won;t attack adn then defend on another team (e.g. Edwards, vs. Freeny, Brees, Samuel, etc.)

EDIT: In summary, What I'm saying is that for all teh excuses you made for those guys, i could have made for san diego players. The reason they didn't go as far is not becuse of lack of celebration, or character issues, but team issues. So don't play it off like San Diego lost because they don't havce character, when all these temas have the same issues, just managed to win eitehr A) in hte NFC or b)because of a better team edge, other team's mistakes.

Billingsley26
09-09-2007, 11:38 AM
No actually, what you said was that they weren't at the level because they don't have character guys, and they didn't have the right people, but like I showed you, they had few non-character guys and just as many as those other teams.

Okay, as is a theme for most of your crappy examples, you make excuses for guys on other temas whereas you don't for SD. Harrison, Brady, Moss, and Hobbs you admitted their was proof for some questionable things theyve done. Now as for Branch where do you get off saying he didn't cause a scene? Are you serious? going up until when he got traded it was a problem.

Wow, cuase he was with Indy in the offeseason, and only got released after that drama. Not to mention eithe rway its anohter guy who had an issue. Dwight Freeny, whose to say Edwards didn't have a reason to hold out, but botoh tese examples can be alligned wtih Foley and Edwards. Foley wasn't with the team this season, and Edwards was "underpaid". Excuses don't mean **** anyone can make them.

It's still a guy who isn;t innocent, like you say merriman isn't. The San Deigo Chargers have few players i cudnt make excuses for also.

really ? all thsoe made offseaosn news. I would say Edwards wasn't a problem. And Merriman is a team guy, and a decent leader so it doens't matter for him either. Excuses, excuses.

I can call many more against you, just like you can call some agaisnt other teams. San Diego has Terrence Kiel and maybe Merriman. try to come up with some more that you won;t attack adn then defend on another team (e.g. Edwards, vs. Freeny, Brees, Samuel, etc.)

EDIT: In summary, What I'm saying is that for all teh excuses you made for those guys, i could have made for san diego players. The reason they didn't go as far is not becuse of lack of celebration, or character issues, but team issues. So don't play it off like San Diego lost because they don't havce character, when all these temas have the same issues, just managed to win eitehr A) in hte NFC or b)because of a better team edge, other team's mistakes.

After reading your summary, I can say that San Diego did not win because they didnt have the character that NE had. It is very logical ot think that. SD had much, much more talent on both sides of the ball. It comes down to the "right people" again. I can argue every day over who has the better people, but the bottom line was NE had the right people in that game, and it showed. Im not going to continue to argue that SD doesnt have good people, but their just not at Indy or NE's level yet.

JK17
09-09-2007, 11:42 AM
After reading your summary, I can say that San Diego did not win because they didnt have the character that NE had. It is very logical ot think that. SD had much, much more talent on both sides of the ball. It comes down to the "right people" again. I can argue every day over who has the better people, but the bottom line was NE had the right people in that game, and it showed. Im not going to continue to argue that SD doesnt have good people, but their just not at Indy or NE's level yet.

Okay, I don't think the argument is going to go anywhere anymore anyway. I don't agree that it is "the right" or "wrong" people, rather who was more prepared that made the difference in the game.

Billingsley26
09-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Okay, I don't think the argument is going to go anywhere anymore anyway. I don't agree that it is "the right" or "wrong" people, rather who was more prepared that made the difference in the game.

Wel, you have your beleifs and I have mine. Ive sid time and time again, Ne had no right beating SD, yet they did. I stand for the "right people".

Flyboy
09-10-2007, 12:41 AM
Jesus Christ, the amount of posters on this board that get riled up over celebrations is staggering. And, humorous as well.

You call Reggi Bush taking an out and up 80 yards for a TD then pointing back to Urlacher AS HE WAS STILL ON HIS WAY TO THE ENDZONE running away from his team? What was he supposed to do, stop and let his team catch up? Im talking about after a play. Reggie flipped into the endzone while he was still running. That is different then being on the field with your 10 other teammates within 10 yards to you.

Have you EVER seen Reggie Bush play at USC? Him leaping into the endzone is just something he does.. he's been doing it since high school now. And, Bush even admitted that he wasn't specifically pointing out Urlacher but was rather just pointing back in general.