PDA

View Full Version : AFC > NFC so badly....

frisby213
09-07-2007, 12:14 AM
Go Colts! What a route...Saints weren't even a challenge XD

litlharsh
09-07-2007, 12:15 AM
In other unexpected news, the sun rose today!

zoinks
09-07-2007, 12:18 AM
Has Goodell passed some kind of ruling that prevents NFC teams from running the ball during interconference games?

BigDawg819
09-07-2007, 12:19 AM
Has Goodell passed some kind of ruling that prevents NFC teams from running the ball during interconference games?

Yes it was issued at the same time as the suspension of Vick so as not to garner media attention.

Vikes99ej
09-07-2007, 12:24 AM
Is this the first of many pointless and premature threads we always see after a blowout like the one that happened tonight?

BigDawg819
09-07-2007, 12:31 AM
Is this the first of many pointless and premature threads we always see after a blowout like the one that happened tonight?

Ding Ding Ding!

SuperKevin
09-07-2007, 12:31 AM

Just wait for my crazy pointless thread I intend on making when the Bills blow out Denver this weekend

litlharsh
09-07-2007, 12:32 AM
This thread was made so much more awesome by black superman in the op's sig.

Vikes99ej
09-07-2007, 12:32 AM
Just wait for my crazy pointless thread I intend on making when the Bills blow out Denver this weekend

I'll be waiting for it.

BigDawg819
09-07-2007, 12:33 AM

It will be called Losman showed you!

PalmerToCJ
09-07-2007, 12:38 AM

No kidding. Granted I've always felt that at this time the AFC and NFC have a VERY large gap in talent and the Saints are overrated but still, tonights game doesn't make much difference in either part of my argument.

I would love to see a thread on top 5 QB's right now, it'd be funny to see the amount of people that leave Brees out just because he had one bad game. On a related note I wonder what Peter King thinks of this.

bearsfan_51
09-07-2007, 12:43 AM
Speaking of which, Sean Salisbury just said Bob Sanders was "one of the 5 best defensive players in the world'.

That's funny Sean...wasn't Reggie Bush also the greatest runningback of all time coming out of college?

Weren't the Saints the best team in the NFC?

I wonder if the winner of the Raiders-Lions game will be headed for the Superbowl.

Crazy_Chris
09-07-2007, 12:43 AM
Chicago vs San Diego would be a better game to gain a bearing on just how much AFC owns the NFC

bearsfan_51
09-07-2007, 12:44 AM
Chicago vs San Diego would be a better game to gain a bearing on just how much AFC owns the NFC
Eh...I dunno about that. If there's a team we don't matchup well against it's San Diego.

BigDawg819
09-07-2007, 12:45 AM
Speaking of which, Sean Salisbury just said Bob Sanders was "one of the 5 best defensive players in the world'.

That's funny Sean...wasn't Reggie Bush also the greatest runningback of all time coming out of college?

I wonder if the winner of the Raiders-Lions game will be headed for the Superbowl.

Only if the Raiders win since Kiffin is from USC.......

Crazy_Chris
09-07-2007, 12:45 AM
That may True but still better than using over-rated saints and the colts

bearsfan_51
09-07-2007, 12:46 AM
Only if the Raiders win since Kiffin is from USC.......
Well Shaun Cody is from USC, and he's easily the greatest football player of all time.

BigDawg819
09-07-2007, 12:47 AM
Well Shaun Cody is from USC, and he's easily the greatest football player of all time.

On defense, since we all know Reggie Bush is the greatest offensive threat since the beginning of time.

PalmerToCJ
09-07-2007, 12:48 AM
Salisbury is the champion of having knee jerk reactions to teams having one good game. They'll show how X team dominated then Salisbury will go on and on giving all the positives then talk about how X team is playoff/SB bound.

A few days ago he came up with the zinger that the thing holding the Bengals back from the SB was the defense... Really Sean? I guess now that you mention it...

He is the worst football "analyst" on ESPN IMO, he's up on a team one week then the next he's talking about how bad and doomed they are. He definetely plays to the less knowledgable football fans.

Crazy_Chris
09-07-2007, 12:50 AM
Oh he wasn't talking about how the saints were doomed he said they would definatly be right back in it. And i personally think they will be much better than tonight they just won't be everything they were hyped up to be

BigDawg819
09-07-2007, 12:51 AM
Oh he wasn't talking about how the saints were doomed he said they would definatly be right back in it. And i personally think they will be much better than tonight they just won't be everything they were hyped up to be

Defending Salisbury won't win you points in here.....

PalmerToCJ
09-07-2007, 12:52 AM
Wow, I didn't watch him talk about them but that surprises me.

He might have some Saint connections though, I think he picked them to the SB in '05 (maybe '04... but I think '05).

awfullyquiet
09-07-2007, 12:56 AM
Go Colts! What a route...Saints weren't even a challenge XD

browns.
oakland.
houston.
kansas city.
miami?

nfc > afc.

Crazy_Chris
09-07-2007, 12:57 AM
Defending Salisbury won't win you points in here.....

Maybe i worded it wrong but i definatly did not want to defend salisbury. It was an attempt to mock him as he did not say the saints were doomed as he normally would but he merely hyped them again.

Shiver
09-07-2007, 02:25 AM
I keep trying to figure out the primary reason for the discrepancy in the talent, yet all I can come up with is the NFL is cyclical. The NFC used to dominate the AFC and the ebb and flow of the NFL has changed things. Maybe it's because the best GMs (Bill Polian, Scott Pioli, Ozzie Newsome, AJ Smith) are in the AFC. All the perennial top teams in the AFC are fantastic drafters, especially considering where they draft. Meanwhile the NFC teams have failed to capitalize on the marquee draft selections they get.

SuperKevin
09-07-2007, 08:18 AM
browns.
oakland.
houston.
kansas city.
miami?

nfc > afc.

Thank you for not adding Buffalo to that list

The Great Jonathan Vilma
09-07-2007, 09:53 AM
browns.
oakland.
houston.
kansas city.
miami?

nfc > afc.

i don't have the research to back this, but didn't even those teams have some success when playing NFC teams??

Plus,

Chargers, Colts, Patriots > Bears, Saints, Cowboys

(if we added teams to both sides, it would probably continue)

we should rank the teams according to how we feel they stand in the division side-by-side and bold the better team. this would add some numbers to the conversation, but will just be subjective obviously. just an idea

trkaline
09-07-2007, 09:55 AM
i don't have the research to back this, but didn't even those teams have some success when playing NFC teams??

Plus,

Chargers, Colts, Patriots, Ravens > Bears, Saints, Cowboys, Eagles

we should rank the teams according to how we feel they stand in the division side-by-side and bold the better team. this would add some numbers to the conversation, but will just be subjective obviously. just an idea

I just wanted to add one to each side...

The Great Jonathan Vilma
09-07-2007, 10:45 AM
I just wanted to add one to each side...

fair enough

PalmerToCJ
09-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Shiver, this isn't the sole reason for it but you have to put a lot into the QB's...

NFC during their stretch:
Brett Favre
Steve Young
Troy Aikman

The three best QB's, now the AFC:
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Carson Palmer

I think until those three start to wear down the AFC will continue its dominance because you know those three teams will always be successful with them taking snaps. Obviously QB play isn't the only thing but it's a big factor.

bearsfan_51
09-07-2007, 01:40 PM
I keep trying to figure out the primary reason for the discrepancy in the talent, yet all I can come up with is the NFL is cyclical. The NFC used to dominate the AFC and the ebb and flow of the NFL has changed things. Maybe it's because the best GMs (Bill Polian, Scott Pioli, Ozzie Newsome, AJ Smith) are in the AFC. All the perennial top teams in the AFC are fantastic drafters, especially considering where they draft. Meanwhile the NFC teams have failed to capitalize on the marquee draft selections they get.

Really? I think it's basically just the quarterback position and better coaching. The AFC is a lot more top heavy than the NFC too, so that gap seems wider than I think it actually is.

TimD
09-07-2007, 01:44 PM

MAYBE top 5 safety but i couldn't even make a case for him as top 5 defensive back let alone defensive player... Heck he's not even the best defensive player on his team

Jvig43
09-07-2007, 01:56 PM
All i know is, the colts lost a ton of guys on defense, and they still held the number one scoring team in the league last year to no touchdowns, so besides the win, that impressed me. however the bears did beat the saints pretty soundly, and the colts beat the bears, so that should have been something to go by.

nfrillman
09-07-2007, 02:00 PM
These divisional rankings are based on my opinion.

West
San Diego > St. Louis
Denver > Seattle
Kansas City < San Francisco
Oakland < Arizona

East
New England > Philadelphia
New York Jets > Dallas
Buffalo Bills > Washington
Miami < New York Giants

North
Baltimore < Chicago
Cincinnati > Green Bay
Pittsburgh > Detroit
Cleveland < Minnesota........ I know this one is very hard to call

South
Indianapolis > New Orleans..... obviously
Jacksonville > Carolina
Tennessee < Tampa Bay
Houston > Atlanta

This probably the quickest, though obviously not 100% accurate, way of seeing how the tops, middles, and bottoms of the conferences compare to each other.

Final Tally- AFC 10 - NFC 6

yodabear
09-07-2007, 02:02 PM

West
San Diego > St. Louis
Denver > Seattle
Oakland < Arizona

East
New York Jets > Dallas
Miami < New York Giants

North
Baltimore < Chicago
Cincinnati > Green Bay
Pittsburgh > Detroit

South
Jacksonville > Carolina
Tennessee < Tampa Bay
Houston > Atlanta

This probably the quickest, though obviously not 100% accurate, way of seeing how the tops, middles, and bottoms of the conferences compare to each other.

NFC is clearly better, they have the Rams in it.

scottyboy
09-07-2007, 02:08 PM
NFC is clearly better, they have Brian Leonard in it.

always cleaning up your messes yoda...

yodabear
09-07-2007, 02:09 PM
always cleaning up your messes yoda...

Hey, go over to the fantasy section, I just told all of u Jackson's numbers will be down this year because of Lenord.

nfrillman
09-07-2007, 02:09 PM
NFC is clearly better, they have the Rams in it.

Oh yea, I forgot about that. I must have been relapsing back when the Los Angeles Rams were in the AFC. Everyone forget about my post, it seems it was erroneous and the Rams do indeed reside in the NFC, thus NFC owns.

scottyboy
09-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Hey, go over to the fantasy section, I just told all of u Jackson's numbers will be down this year because of Lenord.

it depends if Leonard starts at FB. With Leonard at FB Jackson will have a ginormous hole and will easily just run with Leonard and Pace leading the way, resulting in a TD every single touch. If Leonard splits time, than Brian will get alot of red zone touches and score by leaping over all 11 defenders and the ref.

yodabear
09-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Oh yea, I forgot about that. I must have been relapsing back when the Los Angeles Rams were in the AFC. Everyone forget about my post, it seems it was erroneous and the Rams do indeed reside in the NFC, thus NFC owns.

There ya go, that is much better, and we are better than the Chargers.

Shiver
09-07-2007, 02:13 PM

West
San Diego > St. Louis
Denver > Seattle
Oakland < Arizona

East
New York Jets > Dallas
Miami < New York Giants

North
Baltimore < Chicago
Cincinnati > Green Bay
Pittsburgh > Detroit

South
Jacksonville > Carolina
Tennessee < Tampa Bay
Houston > Atlanta

I disagree with those in bold.

BrownsTown
09-07-2007, 02:41 PM
I pretty much agree with all of them except Cleveland > Minnisota and my opinion is, Baltimore > Chicago.

nfrillman
09-07-2007, 03:36 PM
I disagree with those in bold.

Yea, those three are pretty close. I actually think I meant to have the Cowboys > New York Jets, but its so close in my mind it might as well be a tie, same with Cleveland and Minny.

terribletowel39
09-07-2007, 03:43 PM
i actually think the only one that should go in the NFC's favor is the dallas-jets. dallas would beat the Jets unfortunetly. if they Jets get better and dallas gets worse and everyone stays equal, then the AFC would own all.

09-07-2007, 04:57 PM

im not sure if reggie was the greatest RB ever to come out of college but certainly one of the greatest at the very least

bearsfan_51
09-07-2007, 05:03 PM
im not sure if reggie was the greatest RB ever to come out of college but certainly one of the greatest at the very least
No no no...he said that Reggie Bush was the greatest running back of all time when he was coming out of college. Not the greatest runningback of all time coming out of college.

Either way he's wrong, O.J Simpson and Jim Brown were both beasts coming out of college. You could make a good case for Herschel Walker too.

terribletowel39
09-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Barry Sanders. of all ppl, you should remember his name the most. he terrorized your team for 10 yrs. :D greatest RB ever and greatest RB in college, coming out of college. whatever all of the above.

trkaline
09-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Barry Sanders. of all ppl, you should remember his name the most. he terrorized your team for 10 yrs. :D greatest RB ever and greatest RB in college, coming out of college. whatever all of the above.

He left the game with way too much left in the tank...and it makes me sad...

terribletowel39
09-07-2007, 05:18 PM
He left the game with way too much left in the tank...and it makes me sad...
i literally cried. and everytime i see a highlight video or something. i get goosebumps and my heart warms from its core. greatest ever!! PERIOD.

trkaline
09-07-2007, 05:23 PM
i literally cried. and everytime i see a highlight video or something. i get goosebumps and my heart warms from its core. greatest ever!! PERIOD.

Bar none like he was covered in grease...not to mention he could juke from one sideline to the other in one friggin move...and that spin wtf he wasnt human....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yifWMmU7cSM

terribletowel39
09-07-2007, 05:27 PM
my favorite highlight of his is either when the Lions were playing the Cowboys or when they were playing the Bears.

there is one highlight where Sanders jukes like 8 ppl off of him and then you see a dallas cowboy #75 i believe just standing there and sanders goes running by him. its greatness. he thought the play was completely over.

the other is probably his most famous when there are 4 (i believe) maybe 5 bears defenders on him and they start falling over and he then spins and steps over everyone of them and is off to the races. it once again is greatness.

kmartin575
09-08-2007, 01:48 PM
browns.
oakland.
houston.
kansas city.
miami?

nfc > afc.

Lions
Falcons
Buccaneers
Redskins
Cardinals

And let's not forget about super bowl victories the past 10 years.

AFC > NFC easily

kmartin575
09-08-2007, 01:49 PM

Plus,

Chargers, Colts, Patriots > Bears, Saints, Cowboys

Yep, the Chiefs went 4-0 against the NFC last year.

awfullyquiet
09-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Lions
Falcons
Buccaneers
Redskins
Cardinals

And let's not forget about super bowl victories the past 10 years.

AFC > NFC easily

how about over the past 20 years?

we're talking right here right now sunshine.

the nfc defines parity, lots of real mediocre teams, and only a few good and bad teams.
the afc doesn't. see reasons listed before.

now, i'm not disagreeing the top NFC teams aren't as good as the top AFC teams, the stretch between them isn't THAT far. just like the strech between the bottom NFC teams aren't that much better than the bottom AFC teams.

yourfavestoner
09-08-2007, 08:21 PM

We have a winner.

bearsfan_51
09-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Bears and Eagles have proven to be excellent drafters though. I mean that's certainly part, but I still say the biggest difference is at the QB position.

Shiver
09-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Bears and Eagles have proven to be excellent drafters though. I mean that's certainly part, but I still say the biggest difference is at the QB position.

If anything that shows that it is the drafting and personnel decisions. The Bears and Eagles have reigned in the NFC because they draft much better than the rest of the conference.