View Full Version : Game 1: NY Giants vs. America's Team

D-Unit
09-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Discuss the game.

D-Unit
09-07-2007, 10:05 PM
D-Unit's Keys to the game.

Offense:

1. Terry Glenn is out. The young guys need to step up to limit double teams on TO.

2. Romo must limit interceptions. If he has 2 or more interceptions, we will probably lose this game. If TO isn't involved, we will lose.

3. Leonard Davis has to show immediate impact. If he can blow guys up like he was doing in the preseason and protect Romo, our offense should thrive. All too often it was the middle blitz that killed Bledsoe and Romo last year.

Defense:

1. With Aaron Glen out of the picture, expect the Giants to attack the new guy in our nickel packages. Be prepared for that.

2. Brandon Jacobs first shot to show what he's got as the lead back. In the past, Dallas has had troubles stopping big backs moreso than smaller backs. We must contain him under 100 yards.

3. Frustrate Eli. WP is supposed to be bringing the heat where Parcells supposedly didn't. Will we see a difference? Getting to Eli will prove it.

KILLERSANTA
09-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Patrick Crayton 150 yards, 2 TD's...or I'll blow a guy!

Disclaimer: I'll never blow a guy, unless money is in it!

LonghornsLegend
09-07-2007, 10:27 PM

WOW....smh

KILLERSANTA
09-07-2007, 10:30 PM
WOW....smh

For 1 billion dollars, you name it, I'd do it!

Number 10
09-08-2007, 08:31 AM

Disclaimer: Cowboys fan

SeanTaylorRIP
09-08-2007, 08:58 AM
Giants stand no chance in this one.

NYGibril28
09-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Homerism aside, I think the Giants have a much better shot at winning this game than the media indicates. I think the Cowboys are the better team, but the Giants are still good.

By the way, America's Team is the Saints.

Paul
09-08-2007, 09:52 AM
I just have one of those feelings for this game. When all the analyst and the fans are picking the Cowboys, but we end up getting laid out. Maybe I'm just anxious about the season starting.

By the way, America's Team is the Saints.

That was last year, they had there time. Either way we already called shotgun on that nickname. :)

skinzzfan25
09-08-2007, 10:04 AM
Cowboys 24
Giants 13

Number 10
09-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Giants stand no chance in this one.

Elaborate.

NYGibril28
09-08-2007, 10:36 AM
I just have one of those feelings for this game. When all the analysis and the fans are picking the Cowboys, but we end up getting laid out. Maybe I'm just anxious about the season starting.

That was last year, they had there time. Either way we already called shotgun on that nickname. :)

America's Team should be a team everyone likes. Not a team that was good in the 90's and everyone jumped on their back. Most people hate TO, a lot hate Romo too. America's Team, don't think so.

Im_a_Romosexual
09-08-2007, 10:43 AM
they were labled Americas team in the 70's by NFL Films and the nickname stuck

NYGibril28
09-08-2007, 10:46 AM
It's outdated. The Cowboys are the Yankees of the NFL.

Paul
09-08-2007, 10:51 AM
You sound bitter. Get over it, we've been called that for decades now, and I'm pretty sure your not the first NFL fan to question or stick your nose up at it. But that name will endure as a brand for the Cowboys. If you don't like it, it's okay join the majority, but don't expect to change anytime soon.

Sincerely,
Fan of America's Team

NYGibril28
09-08-2007, 10:54 AM
I wouldn't say bitter, more so, annoyed. But it's because of the way Cowboys fans such as yourself bask in the glory that your a fan of America's so called team. So you were called America's team in the 70's, do you really need to walk around with that smug sense of underserved satisfaction over it?

Paul
09-08-2007, 11:08 AM
I wouldn't say bitter, more so, annoyed. But it's because of the way Cowboys fans such as yourself bask in the glory that your a fan of America's so called team. So you were called America's team in the 70's, do you really need to walk around with that smug sense of underserved satisfaction over it?

I have to say I do walk around with a "smug sense of satisfaction" so your right there :) . In all seriousness, I do it all in fun. I am more then aware of the mediocrity we've fallen into in the early 2000's, until a few years ago. But the brand of "America's Team" is just that, a brand. Green Bay will always be Title Town, Yankess will always be the Bronx Bombers and the Cowboys will always be America's Team. It just goes together. Also the fact that it annoys you and most other NFC east fans is just a delicious plus.

703SKINS202
09-08-2007, 01:13 PM
certainly not americas team, if we had to send an american team to play somewhere everyone knows itd be the patriots

Modano
09-08-2007, 01:37 PM
certainly not americas team, if we had to send an american team to play somewhere everyone knows itd be the patriots

False. Everyone knows it'd be Hawaii.

Forenci
09-08-2007, 04:54 PM
While I think the Cowboys are the better team, I think we have better mismatches this game. I think our defensive line and blitz scheme will overpower the Cowboys offensive line. I think with Newman somewhat injured and Glenn gone it gives our receivers (especially Steve Smith) the advantage. Also, I think our power running game, and in particular Brandon Jacobs, is a mismatch for what by most standards isn't a huge defensive team.

Finally, I think the biggest mismatch will be Roy Williams attempting to cover Jeremy Shockey. Williams is pretty unspectacular in coverage, and I don't think he'll do well trying to cover a great TE this year. If the Cowboys blitz often I suspect Williams we be forced to cover the TE, too.

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

That said, and as much as it pains me to say it, good luck to you guys this year.

Of course, I'll be quite happy if the Cowboys suffer this season. =)

bigbluedefense
09-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Ive said it before, and I'll say it again, this game will be decided by our pass protection vs the cowboys pass rush, and on the other side, our interior run defense vs Dallas's interior run blocking.

D-Unit
09-09-2007, 01:48 AM
I expect this to be an ugly ugly game with a lot of penalties. It's gonna be a dog fight of a game. Dallas will try to overdo things to try to impress, yet come out sloppy. NY will come out rusty and out of sync. Final score will be within 10 points.

Dallas 20 - NYG 13

KILLERSANTA
09-09-2007, 08:14 AM
As some of you may know, I'm the #1 giants hater this year. I think they just flat out suck...... I see a huge game for the passing game, two of the three (TO, Crayton, Witten) will go over 100 yards(maybe all three but, that's unlikely).

Final Score: 35-10

robert_in_bigd
09-09-2007, 04:49 PM
I hate the G-Men too. Bunch of whiney girls ... like Spears and Roy Williams.

703SKINS202
09-09-2007, 05:13 PM
i hate both these teams, but sometimes i hate the giants more for some reason. they just pis$ me off

pocketaces
09-09-2007, 05:30 PM
I've got the Boys 34-27 shootout

robert_in_bigd
09-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Cowboys 51 - 2.

Eli, Plax and Shockey are injured and out for 2007.

Kill these beeyotches!

D-Unit
09-09-2007, 07:54 PM
I just got back from church.

What happened on that Plax TD?

D-Unit
09-09-2007, 07:54 PM
I hate that play.

D-Unit
09-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Witten AGAIN!

Dam8610
09-09-2007, 07:58 PM
I see an America's Team reference...where's America's Poster?

D-Unit
09-09-2007, 08:01 PM
I expect this to be an ugly ugly game with a lot of penalties. It's gonna be a dog fight of a game. Dallas will try to overdo things to try to impress, yet come out sloppy. NY will come out rusty and out of sync. Final score will be within 10 points.

Dallas 20 - NYG 13
Ugly game so far.... From both sides.... Missed extra point, missed 4th down conversion, Dallas marching backwards... A lot of hit and miss.

Paul
09-09-2007, 08:02 PM
That was just a pathetic possession. Looked like amateurs

D-Unit
09-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Win or Lose, I'm not gonna take much from this game outside of seeing who look like players this year.

So far...

I love Hamlin's attitude and swagger that he brings. MB3 is a hard ass. Leonard Davis is a monster.

Brandon Jacobs looks effective. I'm sick of Toomer.

Paul
09-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Win or Lose, I'm not gonna take much from this game outside of seeing who look like players this year.

So far...

I love Hamlin's attitude and swagger that he brings. MB3 is a hard ass. Leonard Davis is a monster.

Brandon Jacobs looks effective. I'm sick of Toomer.

Might to put Witten on that list. He's playing great tonight

fryman
09-09-2007, 08:21 PM
good test tonight with Fergy out now

Paul
09-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Giants are moving the ball way to easy.

D-Unit
09-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Might to put Witten on that list. He's playing great tonight
He's doing a good job of getting open.

thule
09-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Witten vs. Kiwi is so unfair for the Giants.

Our interior D is really looking bad with Furgy out...

Both teams are playing sloppy this is a classic cowboys vs. giants game.

robert_in_bigd
09-09-2007, 09:05 PM
ROY WILLIAMS = 3 TD in 2 Quarters.

You guys are so dishonest.

You are beyond dishonest.

Roy Williams is puke.

Call it right.

robert_in_bigd
09-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Witten vs. Kiwi is so unfair for the Giants.

Our interior D is really looking bad with Furgy out...

Both teams are playing sloppy this is a classic cowboys vs. giants game.

Anyoen versus Roy Williams is so unfair for the Cowboys.

Modano
09-09-2007, 09:13 PM
I hate Al Michaels. He spent all the first half saying "they're not giving the ball to Owens, they have to get him involved" etc. When simply Owens was doubled all the first half, so Romo went to his others weapon. When TO got singled coverage he scored.

fryman
09-09-2007, 09:30 PM
ROY WILLIAMS = 3 TD in 2 Quarters.

You guys are so dishonest.

You are beyond dishonest.

Roy Williams is puke.

Call it right.

come on you are better than that. They never showed any footage of the first two plays you are talking about, where you could see Roy's assignment. The 2nd Burress TD, yes, he probably should have made a play, because his zone was right there in front.

pocketaces
09-09-2007, 10:03 PM
Man Romo sucks the way he throws off his back foot. T.O.'s sucks cause hes too old. Our line is overrated. Geez nothing good came out of this game.:)

scottyboy
09-09-2007, 10:43 PM
i saw GREAT things from the giants O, but their D made me hurl. it was awful. finally Gibril makes a great pick to get us back in the game at the time.

these injuries are awful. BJ, Osi, and Eli. 3 HUGE parts of this team. nobody can deny Eli's great performance, without a true RB.

oh god, Madden is trying to get tiki back with the giants...

Modano
09-09-2007, 10:43 PM
We should have drafted Sidney Rice, it seems we have problems with scoring :)

By the way, we need Newman back. With him and Fergy out we got destroyed on defense. Spencer had a good game, does the play he made on the two point conversion count as a sack?
Our offense is dinamyte, Crayton stepped up in place of Glenn making some key catches.

You Giants fans had some bad luck today, the injury bug is biting you...

D-Unit
09-09-2007, 10:53 PM
D-Unit's post game comments

1) Neither team should feel very good about their offenses. Both defenses were bad.

2) Derrick Ward will emerge as the new Tiki Barber. Brandon Jacobs will go back to being a 3rd down back.

3) Jason Witten is back baby!

4) Dallas Defense is atrocious. DL is everything I feared.

Paul
09-09-2007, 11:12 PM
ESPN: Fugie our for the year. Torn bicep.

robert_in_bigd
09-09-2007, 11:18 PM
Man Romo sucks the way he throws off his back foot. T.O.'s sucks cause hes too old. Our line is overrated. Geez nothing good came out of this game.:)

Too bad I never said any of that.

But you did say Roy Williams is a good football player.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa.

Plax said it best, 35 and 31 can't cover me. AND!!!!!!!!!!!

robert_in_bigd
09-09-2007, 11:21 PM
We should have drafted Sidney Rice, it seems we have problems with scoring :)

Never said that either you brain dead idiot.

But it was nice to see us try a fade in the end zone which went incomplete.

Could have used that play right there with Sidney Rice instead of Hurd.

But we still could have used a NT in the 4th instead of Stanback!!!!

Could have used a third or second on a CB.

But Jerrah did not f it up!

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

All my predictions are true.

Gribble
09-09-2007, 11:23 PM
"Brain dead idiot"

I think that's a new one.

Gribble
09-09-2007, 11:24 PM
ESPN: Fugie our for the year. Torn bicep.

Oh man... Let's see it Jay Ratliff.

Gribble
09-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Jay Ratliff's chance to shine.

robert_in_bigd
09-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Jay Ratliff's chance to shine.

Move Spears to NT.

I love Ratliff on pass rush. He played well. God bless Ratliff.

Curse Jerrah for not addressing important needs in the draft.

Curse Roy Williams for being a SOLB stuck in a safety's body.

Gribble
09-09-2007, 11:37 PM
Move Spears to NT.

I love Ratliff on pass rush. He played well. God bless Ratliff.

Curse Jerrah for not addressing important needs in the draft.

Curse Roy Williams for being a SOLB stuck in a safety's body.

Roy Williams again... This is getting old, man.

robert_in_bigd
09-09-2007, 11:50 PM
Roy Williams again... This is getting old, man.

It can only be old once we eliminate it. It is like cancer. Fatal unless cut out.

thule
09-10-2007, 03:42 AM
It can only be old once we eliminate it. It is like cancer. Fatal unless cut out.

Would be a pretty bold statement to replace him after this year. But I doubt he would ever get cut...and I doubt he would ever grant the value in a trade that he is worth to us....plus his cap number...its hard to see dollars like that sitting on the bench. I just think we have to deal with it.

Number 10
09-10-2007, 08:13 AM
Fun game to watch fellas....not your typical NFC East battle. Man our defenses suck. But at least it was a lot closer than people thought it would be....(Ghetto).

eaglesalltheway
09-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Dallas was missing Terrence Newman, otherwise this would not have been nearly as close.

Number 10
09-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Dallas was missing Terrence Newman, otherwise this would not have been nearly as close.

Oh I thought we lost our starting RB and best defensive player early in the game, my bad.

Achilles33
09-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Ok, we lost feguson before both of them left, and we didn't have Greg Ellis. Not to mention Newman by himself is better than both of them anyway. If Newman played, even with Osi and Jacobs heathly, it still would have been a SPANKIN. He will be back for the next mathcup though, so I am looking forward to it. I love the the Giants fans injuries excuses when ours were a lot worse.

Damix
09-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Ok, we lost feguson before both of them left, and we didn't have Greg Ellis. Not to mention Newman by himself is better than both of them anyway. If Newman played, even with Osi and Jacobs heathly, it still would have been a SPANKIN. He will be back for the next mathcup though, so I am looking forward to it. I love the the Giants fans injuries excuses when ours were a lot worse.

Newman- top 5 CB, Osi- top 5 DE.

Right so much worse?

BX
09-11-2007, 05:47 PM
"Osi- top 5 DE"

Doubt that. Top 10 perhaps, but top 5? You're fooling yourself.

Achilles33
09-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Newman completes shuts down the WR he is covering. Osi may have had some pressure every now and then or a sack. You can't even tell youself that there value is equal. Newman is 10x more important to us than Osi and Jacobs are to you combined. Not to mention we lost Fergy, didn't have Ellis, and Burnett. Our injuries were a lot worse, and we still won. Newman will be back for the 2nd game, and you will see the difference, even in New York.

eaglesalltheway
09-12-2007, 06:39 AM
Newman is important to your team, and I agree that he is more valuable to Osi. But Osi and Jacobs combined are more valuable. Keep in mind the Giants lost Eli too. The Cowboys did outplay the Giants, don't get me wrong, and Ellis and Ferguson are big losses, but I wouldn't say your injuries were a lot worse. They were worse, in terms of how it affects your team,but not by much.

bigbluedefense
09-12-2007, 09:19 AM

You have got to be kidding me......

eaglesalltheway
09-12-2007, 08:13 PM
I forgot about Glenn, that makes the injuries even worse for Dallas. What is the situation with him anyway?