PDA

View Full Version : Packers-Eagles, Week 1

GB12
09-07-2007, 10:20 PM
http://www.denverautographs.com/images/PACKERSMINI.jpghttp://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c115/jperea/EaglesHelmet.jpg

Less than 38 hours until kickoff. Thoughts, predictions, questions, answers, anything about the game can go here.

neko4
09-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Prediction:
Well i'll be a pessimist and say Green Bay 52, Philly 10. Favre 30 of 31 for 400 yards and 6 TD's. Brandon Jackson 25 carries 140 yards and 6 catches for 110 yards and 2 recieving td's and one rushing. Kampman 3 sacks, cullen 2.5, hawk 1.5, and woodson 3 picks. Crosby will hit a FG from 70 yards out

GB12
09-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Some important news about Sunday's game.

-Morency is looking very unlikely to play
-Jennings is about 50/50
-Johnny Jolly will start
-Justin Harrell will not suit up

-Jevon Kearse will play
-Shawn Andrews and L.J. Smith wil play
-Eagles punt returner still isn't set. Greg Lewis and Brian Westbrook are among possibilities

neko4
09-07-2007, 11:09 PM
jolly and pickett or williams, any of the 3 im fine with

GB12
09-07-2007, 11:18 PM
Starting it will be:
Jenkins-Pickett-Jolly-Kampman
with the other guys rotating in.

On pass downs it looks to be:
KGB-Jenkins-Williams-Kampman
on all of them.

Vince Lombardi
09-07-2007, 11:56 PM
Well I can't say that this is a matchup I feel real good about, seeing as Philly always seems to have our number and Green Bay has alot of questions going into this season. That said, I feel as though Philly has some pretty big questions coming into this season also. All in all, being the first game of the season for both teams, this one could really go either way. Being that it's in GB and the emotion is gonna be high, if the Packers can limit the Eagles offense and get their running game established they have a realistic shot of pulling this one off.

Keys to success for GB
*Force McNabb out of the pocket to test his knee
*Stack box to contain Westbrook

*Attack the Eagles blitz by going deep
*Balance, balance balance. The running game must contribute and take pressure off of Brett

Nitschke-Hawk
09-08-2007, 01:22 AM
That might be the biggest starting front 4 in the league this weekend.

Football Fan
09-08-2007, 01:35 AM
If the score is kept close the pack will have a good chance to win this game. If the Eagles get a 10 point lead or more, I will be afraid of Favre thowing lame interceptions putting the game out of reach.
GO DEFENSE!

The Legend
09-08-2007, 07:13 AM
Packers have lost the last 4 year to the Eagles, its time for history to change

favre has not throw a TD in the last 3 years vs the eagles "1TD in the 2003"

so 1st thing on my list is Favre needs a big game hopefully a record break 7TD game :)

TitleTown088
09-08-2007, 10:43 AM
If Morency and Jennings are unable to play I dont like the packs chances. With both of those guys in the game HEALTHY I would pick GB to win. Philly is my pick to be a drop off team this year, but I dont think the packers can be the first to upset them with key injuries.

jackalope
09-08-2007, 03:25 PM
If Jennings can't play, would Martin play in his spot?

I think it will be key to get a good pass rush on McNaabb, I'm excited to see our defense play.

GB12
09-08-2007, 03:27 PM
If Jennings can't play, would Martin play in his spot?

I think it will be key to get a good pass rush on McNaabb, I'm excited to see our defense play.

James Jones would start, Martin would take the slot then.

bearsfan_51
09-08-2007, 03:32 PM
I'm still shocked that the Eagles are only a 3 point favorite.

princefielder28
09-08-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm still shocked that the Eagles are only a 3 point favorite.

You could look at it as 6, but since they're on the road they give the Pack 3 back

wiscbadgerfootball
09-08-2007, 06:11 PM
I won't be able to watch it but I'll be watching at heart

PACKmanN
09-08-2007, 07:20 PM

no he wont, Martin the only one that knows the Z WR spot or what ever Jennings plays. Jones knows what Driver knows which is the X spot I think. I get to watch the game one Fox :)

jackalope
09-08-2007, 08:31 PM
no he wont, Martin the only one that knows the Z WR spot or what ever Jennings plays. Jones knows what Driver knows which is the X spot I think. I get to watch the game one Fox :)That's what I had originally though, but I wasn't sure.

bearsfan_51
09-08-2007, 08:55 PM
You could look at it as 6, but since they're on the road they give the Pack 3 back

I understand that, but if this was a neutral field I'd easily give the Iggles 10 points.

princefielder28
09-09-2007, 12:21 AM
I understand that, but if this was a neutral field I'd easily give the Iggles 10 points.

If McNabb shows he can be the layer he was prior to the injury and he can find consistentcy with Brown and Curtis then the Eagles will be feared more and given that respect but they must earn it first

Football Fan
09-09-2007, 02:25 AM
This is what the milwaukee journal says would happen:
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=658771
Rookie James Jones would replace Jennings and Ruvell Martin would move up to No. 3. Jones said the coaches were confident he could play split end as well as flanker

So, you are correct GB12. If the journal is correct.

Football Fan
09-09-2007, 02:35 AM
I understand that, but if this was a neutral field I'd easily give the Iggles 10 points.I have to admit I expected the eagles to be favored by 6 or 7 and posted that about 5 weeks ago. I thought it should be by more though. That said I do believe the packers can win this game. Its a new year and im not exactly sure what the packers are going to bring to the table. The running game is what really scares me though.

Football Fan
09-09-2007, 02:52 AM
In fact here is what I wrote on 7-6-07:

Originally Posted by princefielder28
Is there a LINE yet on the Packers Week 1 game against the Eagles?????

"Not to the best of my knowledge, though its possible somewhere in vegas. I say right now the line will be something like eagles by 7. I think the eagles will win by more than that. Reid and the eagles simply have owned the pack lately and the packs offense wont be able to keep up with them. Theres just nothing there but Favre and Driver. Jennings our runningbacks and tight end are a huge question mark and the season hinges on how quickly they come around. The eagles offense isnt pretty either but they always seem to get points on the board. The defenses should be about equal.
If the packers manage to take this game I think it will be absolutely huge for them even if its only the first game of the year. McCarthy is going to want to stop the trend of losing to this team, its a conference game and its going to be important to get back to winning at home. After looking through there schedule I have that game marked down as one of there losses despite its importance.
I just noticed Chicago starts off there season against San Diego, that should be interesting and a big (L) for da bears if San Diego gets their coaching situation under control. Detroit plays Oakland, that should be a real stinker and Minnesota plays Atlanta. Looks like theres a good posibility that Detroit will be in first place after the first game of the year. lol
Although Atlanta is a mess do to Vicks incredible stupidity and I can see Minnesota beating them. Minnesota and Detroit could be playing each other for first place in the second week. Yes, thats right 1 of those 2 teams will have a real good shot at starting the season 2-0. Heh, but they should begin to crumble after that.
The first 3 games for the pack and da bears will be no cake walks. I could almost see an 0-3 start for both teams, but I think I have to give the pack and bears more respect than that."

NickCollins36
09-09-2007, 08:42 AM
Cant Wait For This Gameeee

GB12
09-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Greg Jennins is OUT.

cordscords
09-09-2007, 11:09 AM
The Green Bay Packers have declared SS Aaron Rouse, OT Allen Barbre, DL Daniel Muir, WR Greg Jennings, DL Justin Harrell, DL Mike Montgomery, OL Tony Moll, RB Vernand Morency inactive for Week 1.

Yikes!

TitleTown088
09-09-2007, 11:23 AM
That is BAD news. Very bad. Let's see how JJ and Jackson can step up.

Gridiron
09-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Is Justin Harrell really doing that poorly? I'm surprised to see him inactive.

jackalope
09-09-2007, 11:35 AM
That's too bad about Jennings, but JJ's play makes me less worried about missing him for a week.

GB12
09-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Is Justin Harrell really doing that poorly? I'm surprised to see him inactive.

It's a combination of him not perfoming his best yet and our surplus of DTs. At this point Pickett, Jolly, Williams, and Cole are ahead of him. you can only keep 45 active so you can't overload that much at one position. We also have Jenkins who slides in to DT on passing downs.

jackalope
09-09-2007, 12:07 PM
It's game time!

The Legend
09-09-2007, 12:27 PM
boy did Jarrett Bush knock out greg lewis huge defensive TD

boy it been awhile senice we beat them its a great feeling

JF4
09-09-2007, 03:19 PM
THANK GOD FOOTBALL IS BACK

I haven't been this worked up in a long ass time.

Packers D-Line=Godly

neko4
09-09-2007, 03:26 PM
I <3333333 Mason Crosby

GB12
09-09-2007, 03:26 PM
W!

Not very pretty offensively, but a win's a win. It was a fun game to watch with those Favre plays highlighting it. I'll give more later, but there's still football on TV right now.

JF4
09-09-2007, 03:32 PM
I <3333333 Mason Crosby

This years Marques Colston ;)

jackalope
09-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Obviously it's great to get an opening day win, especially a tough one over Philly. I'm still a little worried though, because we got quit a few lucky breaks on special teams that likely won us the game, and the offense couldn't get anything going. The defense looked great though, and I loved seeing Favre complete passes while being sacked.

The Legend
09-09-2007, 03:35 PM
This years Marques Colston ;)

boy that 55yd kick could have gone 65+ yards lol

Obviously it's great to get an opening day win, especially a tough one over Philly. I'm still a little worried though, because we got quit a few lucky breaks on special teams that likely won us the game, and the offense couldn't get anything going. The defense looked great though, and I loved seeing Favre complete passes while being sacked.

dont worry J.Bush will lay the wood on every punt and get us a muff kick

Football Fan
09-09-2007, 03:36 PM
Hell yes!
Excellent win for the pack. I didnt figure they were going to win this one.

Twiddler
09-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Thank you Mason Crosby. Or as Shannon Sharpe referred to as, "Norman" Crosby. At least I think that's what he said, who really knows.

drowe
09-09-2007, 03:38 PM
mason muthafucking crosby!!!!!!!!

wow. ugly game. but, as bad as the packers played, the eagles played worse.

neko4
09-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Special teams is important too, do yall honestly think CHI wouldve gone 13-3 w/o their ST playing great?

jackalope
09-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Special teams is important too, do yall honestly think CHI wouldve gone 13-3 w/o their ST playing great?Special teams is important, but I don't think we can rely on our punt coverage to win us games. We got away with it this week, but our offense has to start moving the ball.

NickCollins36
09-09-2007, 04:02 PM
lmao
u gotta giv it up to those eagle punt returners.
just gotta luv em;)

w00t!!!!!! GB FTW BABAY!!!!

neko4
09-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Special teams is important, but I don't think we can rely on our punt coverage to win us games. We got away with it this week, but our offense has to start moving the ball.
we'll get Jennings and Morency back. We were able to scoot by without them against a good D and next week we play an even worse D with both of those guys back

neko4
09-09-2007, 04:19 PM
QUICK OBSERVATIONS:

Favre-Played great considering the backs werent picking up blitzes. His good pocket presence saved him today and that INT wasnt his fault. When Jennings comes back we'll have another legit threat.

Jackson-Showed some flashes but wasnt picking up the blitz.

Wynn-Also showed flashes. Glad we didnt cut him.

Driver-Did what he could with no help. Favre put him on the spot a couple times.

Bubba-Isnt as bad as he used to be, but shouldve been more aggresive today.

Ruvell-Atleast put pressure on the Philly Secondary going deep.

Oline-Couldve done better, but should have a good week against NY.

Dline-Was in McNabb's face all day. I thought KGB did a very good job stopping McNabb from running. COuldve done better against the run.

LB's-I thought they couldve done better against Westbrook, but Barnett played well IMO.

DB's-We actually did okay w/o Harris, definitly improved when he came back. Almost had a pick w/ Collins.

ST's-Played great all-round.

jackalope
09-09-2007, 04:20 PM
we'll get Jennings and Morency back. We were able to scoot by without them against a good D and next week we play an even worse D with both of those guys backThat's true, adding Morency and Jennings will help.

Next week we play the Giants, which is a game I think we can win. A 2-0 start would be great.

gbpackers0065
09-09-2007, 04:43 PM
This is great, but the offense needs to step it up badly. I mean, who the **** are we, the Bears?

bearsfan_51
09-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Good teams find ways to win close games. Really...don't undersell the value of this win.

neko4
09-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Good teams find ways to win close games. Really...don't undersell the value of this win.
thank you
i dont care if we win 3-2 so long as we win and keep doing it

TitleTown088
09-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Mason Crosby, Have my babies.

Nitschke-Hawk
09-09-2007, 04:52 PM

We appreciate that. Especially after you said you'd give Philly ten points. lol. I don't blame you though. We would have folded and lost this game this time last year.

This win is as big as it gets for the first week of the season. It gets even bigger if we win next week.

I thought that if we either won this game or came out winning more than losing in the first 4-5 weeks of the season we'd have a good shot at the playoffs barring injury to some of our best players.

GB12
09-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Offense-
QB-Favre had an average day with a couple of great plays. Any other QB would have never have been able to make that 3rd and 12 into positive yards let alone a first down. He was 23/42 with over 200 yards but he made some poor throws with an interception and no TDs. B-

RB-Where to start. Just a very poor game from them. We could not get anything going on the ground all game. We were without Morency which is basically half our running game. Jackson wasn't drafted to carry the full load this year. From the beginning the plan was to use both of them about equally. No Morency along with Herron on IR forced Jackson to be in pretty much the whole game, even split out at WR too. Their recieving is the only thing that's keeping me from giving them an F. Infact Jackson and Wynn's caught for more yards than we got on the ground. D

WR-Not a big game from anyone here either. Not a terrible game, but nothing special. Getting Jennings back should help take coverage off of Driver and give Favre another option. Speaking of Driver he was getting held plenty of times, but it never got called. C

TE-Once again nothing special. Were effective in blocking and got a couple catches. Bubba really should have broken up that INT though. C+

OL-I don't know what was going on here. Defenders were getting into the backfield all day long. Even when Philly was only bringing the front four they were penetrating. Favre had guys in his face everytime he dropped back to pass, and they got no push on runs. As unipressive as Jackson was they have to take just as much blame. D

Defense-
DL-Great game from the big men. Only one sack, but they did their job. With the rotation inside, all of them having different skill sets, it's going to be hard for offensive lineman to stop them. Kampman brought pressure and came back to make some big tackles. Jenkins was solid, much better than KGB against the run. I think they stopped Westbrook pretty well. Also how about Mr. Jolly with 3 pass deflections. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets an INT by the end of the year like he did last preseason. A

LB-Good game from them. Barnett racked up 13 tackles and and a nice interception. None of them really made a mistake in the game. Not much else to say here, but did anyone else notice that Hawk lined up on the line in a 3 point for a couple plays. Also we had Pickett drop into coverage once. A

CB-Woodson and Harris look to match what they did last year. Even when Harris had to comeout we were still pretty good here. Bush looked better than Ahmad Carroll ever did. When Harris left they brought 4 wide and tried to pass all over our inexperienced corners, but it didn't work too well for them. The only thing keeping me from giving them an A is they let Avant make some key catches. B+

S-I think there is one thing that everyone can agree on, Atari Bigby>>>Marquand Manuel. His first ever NFL start was better than any game Manuel had. take for instance one of those Avant catches. Avant beat Tramon Williams, but Bigby ran over to knock him out of bounds to save the TD. Manuel would have just let him walk into the endzone. Collins was also alright just missing an interception. B

Special Teams-A
It might have been more of the Eagles ST sucking, but still we wouldn't have won without some key special teams plays. 2 recovered punts with one for our only TD of the day. Also kick coverage was much better than last year. The return game could have been better, but it should be once Blackmon gets back there. Ryan was good on punts pinning them back most times. Crosby was money, definitely the right choice for kicker.

neko4
09-09-2007, 05:18 PM
I think the rotation helped the DLine alot, cuz we looked fresh late in the game

Twiddler
09-09-2007, 05:28 PM
I think the rotation helped the DLine alot, cuz we looked fresh late in the game

Yeah, it'll always help whenever you can have that much talent being rotated in for different game situations that favor the style of the players. I'm definitely interested in how it will play out throughout the rest of the year. Could be a stellar defense at times.

jackalope
09-09-2007, 05:39 PM
The defensive line looked great. They had a lot of pressure on McNabb. Unfortunately they weren't able to bring him down that often.

ny10804
09-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Our run defense is going to be incredible this year. We just held one of the NFL's top O-line/RB to 3.7 yards per carry (they ran at a 4.8 clip last year).

bearsfan_51
09-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Our run defense is going to be incredible this year. We just held one of the NFL's top O-line/RB to 3.7 yards per carry (they ran at a 4.8 clip last year).
Meh..it was just one game. You can't project like that. It's the same as saying that your offense is going to be terrible all year long and you'll only win games on special teams mistakes.

ny10804
09-09-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm taking into account this game and the last four games of last season, or as I like to call it, "The Cullen Jenkins Era." I'm also basing it off the fact that Jenkins (303), Pickett (322), Jolly (312), and Kampman (270) are all built to stop the run. Poppinga and Hawk, both listed at 247, are also good run stoppers. Barnett pursues well. Collins and Bigby love to hit. I don't know, I just got a feeling...

princefielder28
09-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Agree with the analysis GB

JF4
09-09-2007, 07:15 PM
One thing bad i noticed about this game...

If we want to keep winning we have to stop relying on only the quick slant or pass in almost every key medium yardage passing situation. It obviously works really well, and you could say Favre and Driver have pretty much mastered it. But teams are gonna start taking that away with proper planning and i even noticed near the end of the game that Philly had a LB out on the corner to jam DD on a 3rd down. The pass was incomplete.

One play that we need to get better at is the HB Screen, which used to be our best play. It would have been perfect against Philly because they like to blitz alot. The Pack tried to use it a couple times today and it ended in a bad o-line mistakes and some short yardage.

Also, a play that usually works for us that i would like to se used more is a Brett Favre rollout to either side and he just passes it to a WR coming accross the field or one doing some sort of hook.

If they can just improve their success ratio on 3rd and 6-10 it would also translate to their red zone offense.

I did love it when MM took a few chances and had the receivers doing flys or double moves on third down. I thought for sure James Jones had a TD on that 1 play. Favre is usually hits that.

One thing that impressed me in Favre's performances was how smart he was with the ball. He didn't throw into as much double and triple coverage as he usually does. He was also pretty accurate for the most part.

princefielder28
09-09-2007, 07:18 PM
One thing I loved today was back to back plays when Brett Favre made "Brett Favre" plays with the shovel pass to Wynn and the getting shoved down, sidearm pass to I believe Martin

neko4
09-09-2007, 07:40 PM
we definitly need to improve in the redzone

Nitschke-Hawk
09-09-2007, 08:06 PM
LB-Good game from them. Barnett racked up 13 tackles and and a nice interception. None of them really made a mistake in the game. Not much else to say here, but did anyone else notice that Hawk lined up on the line in a 3 point for a couple plays. Also we had Pickett drop into coverage once. A

Good write-up.
Yeah I saw that with Hawk, I think they're taking a page from defenses like Baltimore and New England where you do odd things and let your guys freelance and try to take advantage of their playmaking ability in any way possible. I don't necessarily think it's a good idea that Hawk was lined up at tackle but it was in shotgun and it couldn't really hurt us. I'd rather have him coming off the edge but with a QB like McNabb who avoids almost everybody he would've gotten away. I think it was to throw them off more than anything.

I noticed a D Tackle drop into coverage once but couldn't see the number, I thought it was Jenkins

Another thing I noticed was Kampman rushing standing up in our nickel or dime package for one play. He did this for one play in the preseason Steelers game also, pretty cool twist.

GB12
09-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Good write-up.
Yeah I saw that with Hawk, I think they're taking a page from defenses like Baltimore and New England where you do odd things and let yours guys freelance and try to take advantage of their playmaking ability. I don't necessarily it's a good thing that Hawk was lined up at tackle but it was in shotgun and it couldn't really hurt us. I'd rather have him coming off the edge but with a QB like McNabb who avoids almost everybody he would've gotten away. I think it was to throw them off more than anything.

I noticed a D Tackle drop into coverage once but couldn't see the number, I thought it was Jenkins

Another thing I noticed was Kampman rushing standing up in our nickel or dime package for one play. He did this for one play in the preseason Steelers game also, pretty cool twist.
I was thinking it was Jenkins since he's a better athelete, but I thought I saw 79. I know it was 70s number, but 79 is what it looked like.

neko4
09-09-2007, 08:34 PM
I was thinking it was Jenkins since he's a better athelete, but I thought I saw 79. I know it was 70s number, but 79 is what it looked like.
it was jenkins
pickett is too fat to cover :)

Nitschke-Hawk
09-09-2007, 08:43 PM
When I watch the game again I'll make sure to check it out if nobody else does or it isn't pointed out in an article or something.

Boston
09-09-2007, 08:50 PM

It might have been Jolly. He had a couple pass break ups.

GB12
09-09-2007, 09:21 PM
It might have been Jolly. He had a couple pass break ups.

I know for a fact that it was in the 70s, so either Jenkins or Pickett.

CARDIAC CAT 7
09-09-2007, 09:50 PM
That analysis was perfect, Green Bay might have the deepest most talented D-Line in the NFL, which is good. The scary part is Justin Harrell didnt get PT yet, hopefully that wasnt a waisted pick.

Vince Lombardi
09-09-2007, 10:06 PM
A win is a win and I'll definitely take it, but this was the definition of winning ugly.

Our defense was everything we hoped and thought they'd be, and with the exception of a few blown plays, I couldn't be any happier about how they played. This is gonna be a fun D to watch for the foreseeable future. It was frustrating though that they just couldn't seem to get McNabb down. But just think of the havoc they'll wreak against far less elusive QB's.

Now, as for our offense.... yikes. What can you say, it was terrible. Besides a few vintage Favre plays and some tough catches by Driver we were completely ineffective.

Personally I was not very happy with McCarthy's play calling. He vowed to be more balanced this year but instead went right back to his pass happy ways. Now, I know we don't have the best running game, but he has to atleast give it a chance to develop or it will never produce. A 43/17 pass/run game plan looks an awful lot like our play calling from last year. I understand that we do alot of short pass routes, but I'm worried that when we keep going 3 and out in a matter of minutes it won't matter how good our defense plays if they can't get off the field. There were a number of situations when we had a 2nd and short and a 1st down could have easily been picked up with a run or two, but instead we threw 2 incomplete passes and gave the ball right back. We also need to get the run established just to take some pressure off of Brett to make plays. Only 3 times in the entire game did GB run on back to back consecutive plays.

We won the game with special teams, or maybe more accurately the Eagles lost it with special teams, but either way it was nice to see some improvement in that unit.

Game ball definitely goes to Crosby. This guy is clutch and I'm still amazed that several other kickers were taken before him in the draft. But hey, their loss is our gain! I look forward to a long successful career for this guy.

All in all this was a huge win for us though and hopefully something we can build off of.

Go Pack!

GB12
09-09-2007, 10:12 PM
A win is a win and I'll definitely take it, but this was the definition of winning ugly.

Our defense was everything we hoped and thought they'd be, and with the exception of a few blown plays, I couldn't be any happier about how they played. This is gonna be a fun D to watch for the foreseeable future. It was frustrating though that they just couldn't seem to get McNabb down. But just think of the havoc they'll wreak against far less elusive QB's.

Now, as for our offense.... yikes. What can you say, it was terrible. Besides a few vintage Favre plays and some tough catches by Driver we were completely ineffective.

Personally I was not very happy with McCarthy's play calling. He vowed to be more balanced this year but instead went right back to his pass happy ways. Now, I know we don't have the best running game, but he has to atleast give it a chance to develop or it will never produce. A 43/17 pass/run game plan looks an awful lot like our play calling from last year. I understand that we do alot of short pass routes, but I'm worried that when we keep going 3 and out in a matter of minutes it won't matter how good our defense plays if they can't get off the field. There were a number of situations when we had a 2nd and short and a 1st down could have easily been picked up with a run or two, but instead we threw 2 incomplete passes and gave the ball right back. We also need to get the run established just to take some pressure off of Brett to make plays. Only 3 times in the entire game did GB run on back to back consecutive plays.

We won the game with special teams, or maybe more accurately the Eagles lost it with special teams, but either way it was nice to see some improvement in that unit.

Game ball definitely goes to Crosby. This guy is clutch and I'm still amazed that several other kickers were taken before him in the draft. But hey, their loss is our gain! I look forward to a long successful career for this guy.

All in all this was a huge win for us though and hopefully something we can build off of.

Go Pack!
Yes I would prefer a more balanced offense, and I'm sure McCarthy would too, but I'm not going to question his play calling. We could not establish the run early and when you can't do that you're going to have a hard time getting it at all. They were locked on to Jackson and we had no other options. Next week with Morency back I expect a lot more running. Plus the Giants defense is a big step down from Philly's.

neko4
09-09-2007, 10:17 PM
BTW was that Jarrett Bush making plays on punts and forcing fumbles
also Ryan did a great job with hangtime

GB12
09-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Giants defense is getting torched tonight. With Jennings back we should be able to pass all over them.

Namy
09-09-2007, 11:34 PM
I'm glad that Crosby has already paid off for you guys. I was upset that he dropped so far and hoped that the Broncos would take him as Elam's successor... he's money and has one hell of a leg (kicked a perfect 58 yarder in Miami two years ago)!