PDA

View Full Version : Ravens vs Bengals Discussion

ccB
09-08-2007, 11:09 AM
Discuss the first Monday night game of the season.

trkaline
09-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Ravens win defensive dominance and prominance, sorry Ocho...

ChefMike
09-08-2007, 12:35 PM
I can't see the Ravens losing this one. The Defense looks strong and with JO in the lineup the running game will finally get fully utilized and the entire Offense will get into a rhythm just like last year 1st game of the season. Its going to be exciting to watch McNair abuse the young corners of Cincy. Having everyone healthy to start the season with this team is going to be nasty...

Watch out Carson...

Yung Flippa
09-08-2007, 01:44 PM
The ravens got this one.

BrownsTown
09-08-2007, 01:57 PM
I got the Bengals.

Ravens1991
09-08-2007, 03:52 PM
I hope we win but I dont think it will be a easy one.

Hines
09-08-2007, 04:35 PM
i have the ravens in this one but i could see cinci exploiting the defence of baltimores but the ravens will win

BigDawg819
09-08-2007, 06:51 PM
We have had problems in Cincy that last few years and McNair was lousy last game there. I see the same thing happening and the Bengals edging the Ravens 14-10.

themaninblack
09-09-2007, 09:20 PM
can't wait to watch it. go bengals!

EdReedUnstoppable
09-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Bengals 24
Ravens 3

Total ineffectiveness by our O, I'd watch for Willis to have a Jamal like game (meaning today's Jamal), and McNair will throw some pickles and cost us this 1 early, D keeps it close early but a couple of late TDs put a nail in us, thus starting our season that will disappoint all of our blind homer fans, that seem to think we are still a 13-3 team, when we go 8-8.

PalmerToCJ
09-09-2007, 10:04 PM
I've got the Bengals, for obvious reasons I suppose.

We're better off vs. defensive teams than the more balanced teams (see SD and NE) because our defense can shut down the lesser offenses. I can see it being a lot like last years Thursday night game with a lot of clock management and a lower scoring game. I don't see us losing this one. Our defense should do fine and our offense will be able to click out the occasional scoring drive against your D. Our Oline is a lot better off than the last two times we played as well.

Keys of the game as I see them:
1.) Bengals pass protection
2.) Ravens run game
3.) As always, turnovers.

niel89
09-10-2007, 02:59 AM
Bengals 24
Ravens 3

Total ineffectiveness by our O, I'd watch for Willis to have a Jamal like game (meaning today's Jamal), and McNair will throw some pickles and cost us this 1 early, D keeps it close early but a couple of late TDs put a nail in us, thus starting our season that will disappoint all of our blind homer fans, that seem to think we are still a 13-3 team, when we go 8-8.

ouch. while i feel that cinci wins in the end, but i think that we a td atleast. those bengal recievers are just so damn hard to cover, and their O-line really keeps our blitzes at bay.

from what i watched of Willis he just doesnt have very many holes to run in, im worried about our O-line. im thinking our team is in between the 13-3 team and the 8-8 team.

BigDawg819
09-10-2007, 06:22 AM
The only thing I see working in the Ravens favor is the fact that Chris Henry is suspended. That kid kills us..........

trkaline
09-10-2007, 07:56 AM
I will not post in here anymore until after the game...by then hopefully we woulda won and I can say see were not a bad team as it seems people think when we have the same team as last year same defense but one person, and upgraded offense..

ccB
09-10-2007, 08:07 AM
ouch. while i feel that cinci wins in the end, but i think that we a td atleast. those bengal recievers are just so damn hard to cover, and their O-line really keeps our blitzes at bay.

from what i watched of Willis he just doesnt have very many holes to run in, im worried about our O-line. im thinking our team is in between the 13-3 team and the 8-8 team.

Ditto, I have us ending with 10 to 11 wins. I am not sure who exactly the homer ERU is referring to.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Ditto, I have us ending with 10 to 11 wins. I am not sure who exactly the homer ERU is referring to.

Every Ravens fan who thinks we're still the best team in the division and still thinks we are a 13-3 caliber team.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-10-2007, 09:52 AM
I will not post in here anymore until after the game...by then hopefully we woulda won and I can say see were not a bad team as it seems people think when we have the same team as last year same defense but one person, and upgraded offense..

How is our offense upgraded?

I'm not worried about our D, I think Cincy will get some late TDs because our D will be dead tired.

And I wasn't taking a shot at Willis as it seemed I was more referring to our inability to run block.

PalmerToCJ
09-10-2007, 11:42 AM
The only thing I see working in the Ravens favor is the fact that Chris Henry is suspended. That kid kills us..........

You know this is true, didn't take that into account. I don't remember him doing much the last game though, still, he gets the attention of any defense.

Weather is looking good, low 80's-high 70's at kickoff and no rain as far as I know.

Any word on Ogden yet? I'm assuming he'll play but as of last night I believe he was a gametime decision.

ccB
09-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Every Ravens fan who thinks we're still the best team in the division and still thinks we are a 13-3 caliber team. What is wrong with having optimism for the up coming season? Its foolish to write off the fans of our team beacuse they think we can perform. The first game hasnt been played yet, so your opinion of us sucking is no more true than others opinion that we will do good. Should everyone who thinks we will perform call you out in posts on how you are such a foolish pessimist? or Should they write you off as someone who is trying to go out on a limb and calling our season a failure before it even begins. I mean its easy for you to call people homers but they can easily just write you off the same way. Its pointless to write off peoples opinions before the games have even been played. Its fine for you to think that our team is sub par but dont call out others for being optimistic.

Ravens1991
09-10-2007, 01:54 PM
How is our offense upgraded?

I'm not worried about our D, I think Cincy will get some late TDs because our D will be dead tired.

And I wasn't taking a shot at Willis as it seemed I was more referring to our inability to run block.

Willis McGahee, say he puts up the same amount of yards as Jamal would have for us(he better put up more) we still will have a upgraded offense because D-will can get playing time because we will have 3 WR sets.

niel89
09-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Levi Jones is out, per espn. Just saw it on tv

ccB
09-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Levi Jones is out, per espn. Just saw it on tv

Yeah I saw that, also note Willie Anderson is playing but was a game time decision. One could deduct that he is not 100%. I hope the Ravens D utilizes this correctly.

niel89
09-10-2007, 05:25 PM
JO will be starting also.

ccB
09-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Beautiful Catch for D Will, he just kept going up higher and higher.

niel89
09-10-2007, 06:35 PM
wow we've got some problems

edit: reallllllly bad problems. we fumble.

BigDawg819
09-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Typical Ravens game against the Bengals, mistakes, mistakes, mistakes........

Ravens1991
09-10-2007, 07:44 PM
we are lucky to be down by 2. D-will is a beast, McGahee is a upgrade over Jamal.

niel89
09-10-2007, 07:54 PM
now that McNair can throw the ball high we need to resign Clarence.

also Mason looks good.

Yung Flippa
09-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Good Job Kyle Boller.

BrownsTown
09-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Good Job Kyle Boller.

You're forgetting Kyle Boller sucks.

BigDawg819
09-10-2007, 09:21 PM

Go cry about your LOSS!

WORST OFFICIATING EVER!!!!

Yung Flippa
09-10-2007, 09:25 PM
That was a HORRIBLE offensive pass interfernce call, but its all good since we got the ball back.

Yung Flippa
09-10-2007, 09:26 PM

Are you sure that Kyle isn't better then your starting QB?
Oh wait, nobody knows who that is.

Kyle has a better record then ALL of your QB's.

BrownsTown
09-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Are you sure that Kyle isn't better then your starting QB?
Oh wait, nobody knows who that is.

Kyle has a better record then ALL of your QB's.

Yea...but you still forget he sucks.

Smooth Criminal
09-10-2007, 09:28 PM
Ravens just got screwed.

BigDawg819
09-10-2007, 09:28 PM
WTF????????????????????????? Horrible officiating and no one on the offense can catch the ball.............

Yung Flippa
09-10-2007, 09:32 PM

but your still forgeting your ENTIRE team still sucks.

BigDawg819
09-10-2007, 09:40 PM

Go away and don't troll!

Ravens1991
09-10-2007, 09:43 PM
wow.

Horrible play calling, we are up by 1 with 7 minutes left and 5 players who could be short yardage backs and we pass on 3rd and 1. What was up with all those passes inside the 5 also when you have 5 players who can be short yardage backs.

BigDawg819
09-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Where was Mike Anderson? Is he the forgotten man on this team?

D-Unit
09-10-2007, 09:46 PM
When you guys find out why Billick passes twice in a row on 2nd and 2 to go on the goalline can you PM me? He's gotta answer the media after that crap.

Ravens1991
09-10-2007, 09:46 PM
I just dont get it, 3 good backs and 2 fullbacks and we are ubsessed with passing it on short yardage. We should have won this one.

D-Unit
09-10-2007, 09:47 PM
I just dont get it, 3 good backs and 2 fullbacks and we are ubsessed with passing it on short yardage. We should have won this one.
Well... you should've at least tied it.

Ravens1991
09-10-2007, 09:48 PM
no but when it was 3rd and 1, 7:30 left and we threw that pass. We should have just ran it up the middle our run game was decent.

PalmerToCJ
09-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Wooohooo. Good way to start the year, can't believe our Oline did that good with basically our second team in (less Stacy Andrews and Bobbie Williams). That was one physical football game, definetely fun to watch.

That was A LOT like the reversal of our game at your place last year. We made tons of mistakes and got a screwy non-pass interference call which led to us barely falling short in a game we had no business in.

j05son
09-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Go away and don't troll!

It's a post in the AFC North forum...It's not trolling.

I'll give you some advice though:

Go cry about your LOSS!

Ravens1991
09-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Ignore the Browns fans, browns fans go post in the trash talk thread.

The worst thing for Ravens fans is when we wake up tommorow and see Ray Lewis out for the season w/ a torn tricepe.

BrownsTown
09-10-2007, 10:36 PM
My thoughts on the game:

1. Kyle Boller sucks

2. Haha, Ravens lost

3. Kyle Boller sucks

BigDawg819
09-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Wooohooo. Good way to start the year, can't believe our Oline did that good with basically our second team in (less Stacy Andrews and Bobbie Williams). That was one physical football game, definetely fun to watch.

That was A LOT like the reversal of our game at your place last year. We made tons of mistakes and got a screwy non-pass interference call which led to us barely falling short in a game we had no business in.

Sloppy game on both sides, especially ours, but you have to admit that the Heap call was BS and this game should have went to OT.

PalmerToCJ
09-10-2007, 10:44 PM
Yeah, the Heap call was BS but I'm not about to feel sorry for it.

No one gave the Bengals sympathy over the completely BS roughing the passer call vs. the Bucs or the no call vs. you all last year, that's just part of it all.

It was definetely not the usual Bengals-Ravens game.

Hopefully Ogden and Ray-Ray aren't gone long, I still felt like it was foolish for them to rush back Ogden for one game. Yes, it was an important one but so are the next 15.

terribletowel39
09-11-2007, 01:55 AM
ravens should have won the game even though i am glad the bengals did. that means the ravens have a loss in the division column and thats a good thing since the ravens always seem to have our number and the bengals not so much. well atleast when it counts. so good job bengals on giving the ravens a loss. i hope that helps us in the future. :D

ccB
09-11-2007, 07:35 AM
It's a post in the AFC North forum...It's not trolling.

I'll give you some advice though:

How about I give you all some advice, It is trolling. Stuff like "your team sucks omgz" goes in the trash talk thread, though its not even necessary there. This is a serious thread that is for talking about the game not for insulting each others teams like 9 year olds.

Let the infraction on Browns Town be an example to everyone, Ravens Fans, Steelers Fans, Browns fans, and Bengals fans. Serious threads are to be kept serious and the trash talk threads are were immature banter belongs. That is the only way these division forums will work without turning into giant flame wars.

trkaline
09-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Yea I was expecting to split the series with them but I was kinda hopin to win that one. There were some brightspots in that game...and some glaring holes. Turnovers, officiating and the penalties killed us. Willis looked good out there, as did Musa just we didn't utilize the running game as we should of. Passing play like 3 yards from the endzone are you kidding me? Stick to the script Billick run the damn rock. Really shoulda been a TD though the Zebras strike again, then try to make it right with a penalty on the next one. Ed Reeds punt return magic he wanted to help but there was no helping us this week...Demetrius Williams played like the stud he is, Mason looked good, Heap looked good, now where the hell was Clayton all game?

BigDawg819
09-11-2007, 08:07 AM
I think Clayton may still be feeling the effects of that ankle? injury, we didn't really utilize DWill effectively and low and behold like most of us suspected the running game would pretty much disappear. 19 carries for Willis is criminal.

trkaline
09-11-2007, 08:11 AM
I think Clayton may still be feeling the effects of that ankle? injury, we didn't really utilize DWill effectively and low and behold like most of us suspected the running game would pretty much disappear. 19 carries for Willis is criminal.

Yup what was it 19 for 77? Bad idea to try and get away from what we know...

BigDawg819
09-11-2007, 08:13 AM
Yup what was it 19 for 77? Bad idea to try and get away from what we know...

I knew it would happen.........and like I figured it is a sad day.

I'm all for opening up the offense and getting vertical, but thats not what happened. Once again Steve "Captain Checkdown" McNair strikes again!

Mr. Stiller
09-11-2007, 08:23 AM
Yeah, the Heap call was BS but I'm not about to feel sorry for it.

No one gave the Bengals sympathy over the completely BS roughing the passer call vs. the Bucs or the no call vs. you all last year, that's just part of it all.

It was definetely not the usual Bengals-Ravens game.

Hopefully Ogden and Ray-Ray aren't gone long, I still felt like it was foolish for them to rush back Ogden for one game. Yes, it was an important one but so are the next 15.

I think that Defensive Holding on the next play was the refs way of making up for that call. Both Williams' should have been flagged for offsetting penalties (Both were holding and causing interference). But they gave in favor to Baltimore because of that Heap mis-call.

Mr. Stiller
09-11-2007, 08:24 AM
I knew it would happen.........and like I figured it is a sad day.

I'm all for opening up the offense and getting vertical, but thats not what happened. Once again Steve "Captain Checkdown" McNair strikes again!

McNair showcased his arm more than usual.. throwing a good 15-20 yards downfield. Of course it was over the head of everyone......

EdReedUnstoppable
09-11-2007, 09:42 AM
This game showed me the Bengals clearly aren't a better team then us, we gave you ball 6 times, and you still needed the refs to screw us to win.

trkaline
09-11-2007, 09:49 AM
We had so many mistakes that they couldn't capitalize on it should have been 45-14 that tells me by Nov.11th when we have all the kinks worked out its gonna be a much different story and there comin to our house...

PalmerToCJ
09-11-2007, 10:32 AM
This game showed me the Bengals clearly aren't a better team then us, we gave you ball 6 times, and you still needed the refs to screw us to win.

This game was no different than our game at your place last year and we had 2/5 of our starting Oline in there, I can't believe the pressure on Carson wasn't worse than it was.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-11-2007, 10:51 AM
This game was no different than our game at your place last year and we had 2/5 of our starting Oline in there, I can't believe the pressure on Carson wasn't worse than it was.

Apparently you weren't here after the game here last year when I said the Bengals are clearly a better team and had the game gone longer you would have won. The fact is we are a better team, you had home field advantage you got 6 turnovers and you got the refs on your side and it took all of that to cheat us out of overtime.

PalmerToCJ
09-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Our offense and ST will be better next go round. Getting Levi/Willie/Perry/Henry back will be huge.

I will say, as we played last night you all were the better team... The game shouldn't have been that close but it's not like we would've put up 40 on your D anyway. I don't expect the game to play out the same next go round.

TheMadLionsFan
09-11-2007, 11:02 AM
The Ravens got raped.....terrible pass interference called....that offense didn't look to good.....Iy makes me wonder in Steve McNair has anything left in the tank.....what is his injury.....McGahee looked decent enough.....

PalmerToCJ
09-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Any word on Ogden or Ray yet?

TacticaLion
09-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Word for word.

The Ravens tried, over and over, to give this game away... and the Begals hardly pulled off a win. 6 (uncommon) turnovers by the Ravens... the penalty in the endzone against Heap... McNair was injured... and one of the best pass-catching TEs in the NFL (Heap) dropped a TD catch that hit him in the chest.

I don't prefer one of these teams over another, but it's incredible that the Bengals only won by 7. Everything that could go wrong went wrong for the Ravens... which says a lot about the team they are.

They'll win the division.

PalmerToCJ
09-11-2007, 11:38 AM
They'll win the division.

False.

They have the division winners schedule we had to play last year and already lost a divisional game.

derza222
09-11-2007, 11:41 AM
I think it is worth keeping in mind that the Bengals were missing a few key players. I saw Jonathan Joseph on a couple of plays but I think he was banged up and didn't get the start, he's certainly one of Cincy's better corners. Special teams was a huge edge for the Ravens, so the Bengals are probably going to focus on that as well. A lot tougher to pass the ball with Perry in the game as opposed to Henry, as well as missing both starting tackles the entire game and the center for a large part of it.

When you look at the game, the Bengals defense stepped up and made some plays. Granted, some were lucky plays, but they were also able to get a bit of a pass rush on McNair and didn't do a bad job stopping the run early on. The fact that the Cincy defense kept them in the game when the offense played poorly and the special teams were terrible is worth noting. Even if the call at the end goes Baltimore's way, the game goes into overtime and it's the Bengals D along with sloppy offensive play by the Ravens that got it there. And even though the Ravens D is very good, I'd imagine Cincy's offense will get things going eventually. I personally expected the teams to split and each win at home this season (and still do), but I don't think you can write off the Bengals offense after this game, especially with all of the injuries. Tough to get a good read on how EITHER team will do this season IMO, because it was just such a strange game. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions just yet...

PalmerToCJ
09-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Very very well said. Our special teams is usually top notch but we lost a bulk of our big contributors last year (KK, Tony Stewart, Ethan Kilmer), it's going to take a while to get them back to where they should be.

In the end I loved how physical the game was.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Any word on Ogden or Ray yet?

Speculation around here is that we just saw Ogden's last game last night, people are sayin he'll end up missing the rest of this year and retire at the end of the year. B.J. Sams suffered a severe knee injury, so the Yamon Figurs era should begin next week, and Ray has a Tricep injury, he says it torn, the Ravens say its pulled.

Smooth Criminal
09-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Ravens toom a real beating in the injury department last night. Losing a guy like Ogden or McNair could be huge.

But I think Figurs has a ton of potential and I think he'll be fine replacing Sams.

The call against Heap was crap but I find it hard to feel bad for the Ravems considering they gave the ball away 6 times. There is plentty more blame to go around than just on the refs.

mikehop05
09-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Ravens toom a real beating in the injury department last night. Losing a guy like Ogden or McNair could be huge.

But I think Figurs has a ton of potential and I think he'll be fine replacing Sams.

The call against Heap was crap but I find it hard to feel bad for the Ravems considering they gave the ball away 6 times. There is plentty more blame to go around than just on the refs.

they should just let reed do the returning

ogden came back too soon, and imo he wasnt playing up to his usual high standards when he was in

and ive always thought boller to be a good QB, but just not a good fit for the ravens... he's a gun slinger, and with that defense they need someone to manage the game more, though mc-injury didnt too well of that

EdReedUnstoppable
09-11-2007, 02:39 PM

I prefer to lose McNair, but Ogden does kinda suck to lose him, but its time to stop this Terry/Yanda thing, and Put Gaither/Terry at LT/RT in the dam game!

ccB
09-11-2007, 02:41 PM
I prefer to lose McNair, but Ogden does kinda suck to lose him, but its time to stop this Terry/Yanda thing, and Put Gaither/Terry at LT/RT in the dam game!

Yeah I didnt understand why Yanda was put in instead of Gaither, All signs from training camp made it seem like Gaither was in front of Yanda on the depth charts. I suppose I was mistaken.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Yeah I didnt understand why Yanda was put in instead of Gaither, All signs from training camp made it seem like Gaither was in front of Yanda on the depth charts. I suppose I was mistaken.

I think they dropped him because of 1 bad performance against the Redskins. But I didnt see anything from Yanda in the preseason or last night to show me Yanda should be in the game and Gaither shouldnt.

Ravens1991
09-11-2007, 02:45 PM
I think Yanda had around 3 penalties this game. I dont understand why Terry didnt stay at RT and brought in Gaither at LT.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-11-2007, 02:52 PM
BTW Undrafted Free Agent Stephon Heyer is beasting it up as our new starter, as for the suggestion of Ed Reed as returner hell no, if we lose him might as well give up, not worth the risk when Figurs is capable.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-11-2007, 03:22 PM
BTW Undrafted Free Agent Stephon Heyer is beasting it up as our new starter, as for the suggestion of Ed Reed as returner hell no, if we lose him might as well give up, not worth the risk when Figurs is capable.

Figurs is more than capable IMO!!! The Figurs era begins this sunday!

SeanTaylorRIP
09-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Figurs is more than capable IMO!!! The Figurs era begins this sunday!

He will have people saying Devin who??? Also Ted Ginn is trash if anyone watched the Dolphins game, Yamon>>>>>Ginn that's both as a returner and receiver.

Ravens1991
09-11-2007, 04:42 PM
I remember watching the game and seeing Reed back there and saying "WTH we spent a 1st day pick and we are risking our best player who is 100% on a stupid punt return" I shut up real quick. Then I figured out that Yamon wasnt activated. I think Figures will be good.

themaninblack
09-11-2007, 05:56 PM
that was a great game! i will be the first to admit that call on Todd Heap was **** but you got it right back. We let you back into the game though on that Rudi fumble(and he NEVER fumbles). Our offense really had no business scoring because of how screwed we were on the Oline. To not have our 2 elite bookend tackles was the biggest thing last night. I still think the bengals are the better team just because of how many players we had out last night.

PalmerToCJ
09-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Yeah I was really wondering why Figurs wasn't out there, especially when Reed was returning... Granted when I saw him back there I just had a bad feeling, he can flat out play.

I thought Terry was solid for you all last year? Geathers was really getting to him last night.

Ravens1991
09-11-2007, 09:14 PM
That was Terrys 1st game at RT.

PalmerToCJ
09-11-2007, 10:41 PM
That was Terrys 1st game at RT.

Ahhh... I see. Was he at guard before that I assume?

EdReedUnstoppable
09-12-2007, 12:29 AM
Ahhh... I see. Was he at guard before that I assume?

He has been Ogden's backup at LT for his career prior to this. With Ogdenb out hopefully we go Gaither at LT and keep Terry at RT.