PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma's left side of the O-line!

Number 10
09-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Holy cow, two juniors that I have been overly impressed with today against Miami.

LT - Phil Loadholt - 6'8 - 352
LG - Duke Robinson - 6'5 - 352

Both of these guys are punishing blockers and both move exceptionally well. I guess I can't put this in the NFL Draft thread yet but if these guys declare, I'm going to have a hard time not putting them right under Jake Long as the best linemen in this draft. They look and play like absolute monsters.

P-L
09-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Duke Robinson is awesome. He's my favorite guard prospect in the country. Loadholt has played extremely well against Calais Campbell all game and is just a monster. I've been very impressed as well.

djp
09-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Campbell has been all over the field, recovering the fumble, getting a sack, I have counted 6/7 tackles so far. He has been a bright spot on a dim day.

djp
09-08-2007, 02:00 PM
This Oklahoma team is the best I've seen this year. They are very, very good.

SuperKevin
09-08-2007, 02:01 PM
This Oklahoma team is the best I've seen this year. They are very, very good.

Agreed. their offensive balance is amazing and their defense is all over the field

P-L
09-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Campbell has been all over the field, recovering the fumble, getting a sack, I have counted 6/7 tackles so far. He has been a bright spot on a dim day.

I've only seen 1 sack and 1 or 2 TFL. That is pretty good for a first year starter at LT going up against "the best DE in the country" in the second game of the season. He's pretty much made him irrelevant the last two or three drives as well.

NittanyLion2k7
09-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Oklahoma looks solid throughout. Sam Bradford is an impressive rookie QB and has great accuracy in short throws and terrific touch on the long ones... Demarco Murray is just a dynamic player, he has such fluid hits and makes great cuts to bounce outside...

Oklahoma definitely on the upswing and if they beat Texas in 3 weeks, they will be on the inside track to the National Title game.

djp
09-08-2007, 02:16 PM
1 sack and 2 TFL? He's had at least 3 TFL, and part of a couple more. Even if it was 2, Miami is going to play 11/12 games this year, that's on pace for more than his total last year. I dunno what's so bad about that, if you are expecting Campbell to pick up 20 sacks a season you are wrong. Have you noticed the RB's chipping Campbell as well? The double teams?

Number 10
09-08-2007, 02:18 PM
1 sack and 2 TFL? He's had at least 3 TFL, and part of a couple more. Even if it was 2, Miami is going to play 11/12 games this year, that's on pace for more than his total last year. I dunno what's so bad about that, if you are expecting Campbell to pick up 20 sacks a season you are wrong. Have you noticed the RB's chipping Campbell as well? The double teams?

And the excuses begin.......

P-L
09-08-2007, 02:23 PM

I am not knocking Campbell at all, I don't know why you are suggesting that. I'm saying that Loadholt is holding his own against Campbell. Oklahoma was doubling him early, but Loadholt has single handedly stopped him over the last 15-20 minutes.

djp
09-08-2007, 02:25 PM
This game got ugly fast

NittanyLion2k7
09-08-2007, 02:26 PM
And we have an Adron Tennell sighting. Why not start him next to Malcolm Kelly? 6'4" Wideouts for the win!

djp
09-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Wow, that is 4 touchdowns given up by Randy Phillips. Worst performance I have EVER seen from a defensive back.

thebow305
09-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Wow, that is 4 touchdowns given up by Randy Phillips. Worst performance I have EVER seen from a defensive back.

He should be benched for a couple game for embarrassing us like this. I thought he was much improved coming into the season. The verdict's out though... he still sucks!

I severely underestimated OU coming into this game though, they are a lot better and faster than I thought they were. They seem to be everywhere and don't make many mistakes. Would it kill Bradford to throw one bad pass, JUST ONE!? He is a really good quarterback and should challenge Colt as the top passer in the Big 12 within a year. Seriously, he is very good, and he showed that today.

Iamcanadian
09-09-2007, 09:45 AM
He should be benched for a couple game for embarrassing us like this. I thought he was much improved coming into the season. The verdict's out though... he still sucks!

I severely underestimated OU coming into this game though, they are a lot better and faster than I thought they were. They seem to be everywhere and don't make many mistakes. Would it kill Bradford to throw one bad pass, JUST ONE!? He is a really good quarterback and should challenge Colt as the top passer in the Big 12 within a year. Seriously, he is very good, and he showed that today.

Or maybe, Miami just isn't much of a team.