PDA

View Full Version : Vikings vs. Falcons Week 1 Discussion

BuckNaked
09-08-2007, 03:54 PM
I'm anxious to see how our offense plays in against Atlanta.

The Dynasty
09-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Yeah is it going to be Bobby wade vs Dhall?

BuckNaked
09-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Yeah is it going to be Bobby wade vs Dhall?

Wade will make D-Hall his biotch. :)

crazyisme
09-08-2007, 07:44 PM
hopefully we see a good pass rush from edwards

Shiver
09-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Grady Jackson is listed as questionable and didn't practice. He improved the Falcons' run defense by a whole 1 YPC against when he came in from '05 (4.7) to '06 (3.7). If he doesn't play I think the Vikings win.

BuckNaked
09-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Grady Jackson is listed as questionable and didn't practice. He improved the Falcons' run defense by a whole 1 YPC against when he came in from '05 (4.7) to '06 (3.7). If he doesn't play I think the Vikings win.

Not to mention Peter King picked the Falcons as his gutsy upset selection, so we pretty much have it in the bag.

ATLDirtyBirds
09-08-2007, 09:14 PM
If Grady is out, that's a huge blow. You guys could just run it up the middle all day. I do expect Abe and Anderson to destroy Jackson though.

BuckNaked
09-08-2007, 09:22 PM
If Grady is out, that's a huge blow. You guys could just run it up the middle all day. I do expect Abe and Anderson to destroy Jackson though.

If Grady is out, we're just going to pound the ball up the middle, non-stop for the whole entire game

iloxygenil
09-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Yep...you may as well bury us now if we don't have gravy...it's going to be a BIG problem...but I'm interested to see what Montavious can do...doesn't he weigh 380 too? Maybe he can clog it up, the reason he hasn't stuck yet has been work ethic, maybe he can get it up for one game...I dunno though. But if we get in a shootout I much prefer BP's scheme against the Viking's secondary. I think we'll be able to put up points, we just are going to have to get some turnovers if Grady isn't in there.

bearsfan_51
09-08-2007, 10:55 PM
As long as Major Dad (aka Brad Childress) is our head coach, we're just going to pound the ball up the middle, non-stop for the whole entire game

Fixed it for ya.

Vikes99ej
09-08-2007, 11:58 PM
I'm pretty excited for this. I really don't know who is going to win.

Crazy_Chris
09-09-2007, 12:29 AM

so Rod Coleman and Grady Jackson could both be out of the game... wow thats a big blow

Crazy_Chris
09-09-2007, 12:31 AM

Whoever is going against Ryan Cook will have a good chance at doing that but i wouldn't assume the same for whomever goes against Bryant McKennie

BuckNaked
09-09-2007, 12:32 AM
Whoever is going against Ryan Cook will have a good chance at doing that but i wouldn't assume the same for whomever goes against Bryant McKennie

I still can't believe we didn't address the right side of our offensive line in the offseason.

Crazy_Chris
09-09-2007, 12:35 AM
yea well cook still has potential and actually played ok this pre-season other than the one game where drew 2 flags... i just can't remember is Jammal Anderson will be on starting on the Right or left side. I hope Ryan cook isn't going up against John Abraham than he is doomed

BuckNaked
09-09-2007, 12:36 AM
yea well cook still has potential and actually played ok this pre-season other than the one game where drew 2 flags.

But Artis Hicks just flat out sucks and has no room for improvement.

Crazy_Chris
09-09-2007, 12:39 AM
I don't know his main problem was getting penalized we will see what happens with him i just read he got names the starter i was kind of hoping Herarra would win that.

Vikes99ej
09-09-2007, 12:48 AM
But Artis Hicks just flat out sucks and has no room for improvement.

Michael Oher, baby. Let's get him and make him a RG.

Crazy_Chris
09-09-2007, 12:54 AM
If he declares hell yea

DHVF
09-09-2007, 01:17 AM
To be honest, I am extremely, extremely confident that we're gonna win this game tomorrow and personally guarantee a victory. I personally don't buy us being nearly as bad as many have forcasted and see this as a fairly comfortable victory. I'm calling 23-10.

Crazy_Chris
09-09-2007, 01:22 AM
I agree we won't be as bad as forcasted... as i predicted in the Vikings Discussion Falcons 13 Vikings 24 With atleast 7 of those 24 coming off an defensive TD.

ATLDirtyBirds
09-09-2007, 08:45 AM
yea well cook still has potential and actually played ok this pre-season other than the one game where drew 2 flags... i just can't remember is Jammal Anderson will be on starting on the Right or left side. I hope Ryan cook isn't going up against John Abraham than he is doomed

Anderson is our LE.

BuckNaked
09-09-2007, 11:35 AM
I definitely see us winning today with a big game from AD. Not to mention, I feel like our D will make Harrington their *****.

DHVF
09-09-2007, 11:59 AM
I definitely see us winning today with a big game from AD. Not to mention, I feel like our D will make Harrington their *****.
Ya, Ray Edwards is gonna have him bent over all game.

BuckNaked
09-09-2007, 12:02 PM
He'll be in the fetal position by halftime.

BuckNaked
09-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Artis Hicks is such a **********. In the first quarter already, he's been called for holding and injures Chester Taylor by kicking him. What an asswipe.

bearsfan_51
09-09-2007, 12:39 PM
Vikings D looks tremendous. I mean...you're facing Joey Harrington and his rag-tag group of fuckups, but still....

Vikes99ej
09-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Chester Taylor needs to come back.

General Zod
09-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Vikings D looks tremendous. I mean...you're facing Joey Harrington and his rag-tag group of fuckups, but still....

They have to play that way, if were gonna win any games this season.

General Zod
09-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Maybe we can get a safety here.

Vikes99ej
09-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Wow. We pin the Falcons at the 2 again.

BuckNaked
09-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Our run D is soooooooooooo good.

Vikes99ej
09-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Don't even try to run against us.

General Zod
09-09-2007, 12:57 PM
Don't even try to run against us.
You were saying? lol

Vikes99ej
09-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Goddamnit. ******* stop them.

General Zod
09-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Got lucky, outta all that missed the fg. We need to get some offense going.

Vikes99ej
09-09-2007, 01:06 PM
LOL at Joey Harrington.

General Zod
09-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Why do we constanly run off the right side?

The Legend
09-09-2007, 01:13 PM
just saw the highlight nice pick six by Kevin Williams

Vikes99ej
09-09-2007, 01:14 PM
I really love our punt coverage.

wogitalia
09-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Impressive game for the Vikes.

Jackson was really solid. He really looks calm in the pocket and makes good decisions. Couple of his throws were a bit off but I think with more training he will improve on that. First time I have said it but I'm actually fairly confident in him right now.

Peterson is a stud. Very good draft decision. Hopefully he stays healthy. Any news on Chester and what he actually did?

Rice made a couple of nice plays. Wade likewise. Allison made a really nice, tough catch, probably the best catch of the day. Williamson looked pretty solid and beat his man deep several times, throws just weren't there.

Line was solid. Cook and Hicks both made a few mistakes but overall they were good. Hicks made a couple of nice blocks on some good runs. Cook held his own against two guys who figure to spend a lot of time in opponent backfields.

Shiancoe played well enough. Kleinsasser was solid. Tony Richardson is a difference maker on the offense.

Williams boys were perfect. Didn't put a foot wrong against 2 very shifty backs and Kevin capped it off with a ridiculous TD. Edwards looked better against the run than the pass but still pushed the pocket a couple of times. Udeze had one good play basically. Robison was excellent, looks a lot like Kampman in how he just doesnt give up, wont blow anyone away with athletic ability, but his motor seems great.

Henderson was excellent. Greenway is a big upgrade outside, which is pretty awesome given how solid we were there last year. Still not sold on Leber, though he probably had the hit of the day.

Secondary was good, McCauley was on the money, though he missed one tackle. Sharper and Smith both played well. Winfield is a monster. Griffin didnt put a foot wrong.

Special teams looked markedly better from the preseason. Kluwe still seems to outkick the coverage when we kick from deep in our own territory, the one time it happened the only reason we stopped the punt was because their return man ran into his own teammate. FG unit did it's job and the kickoff coverage was excellent.

Worth noting was Frazier as the defensive coordinator. I said last year that I didn't think Tomlin called enough Blitzes and was very pleased to see Frazier throwing them out from everywhere. We really do have the kind of athletic players that suits a blitzing defense and we wont get consistent pressure from just the front 4. The fact that the Williams boys eat up at least 3 blockers on every play just makes it a more dangerous option.

Very good start to the year.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
09-10-2007, 02:40 PM
I am a huge AD fan. I was so happy to see him have a good game. I hope all the vike fans are glad you have him. I would love to have him on my team.

He was the best college back i have seen since Barry Sanders.