PDA

View Full Version : Denis Dixon

foozball
09-08-2007, 04:04 PM
Is he not an NFL prospect at all? He's not in Scott's rankings.

Jimmy
09-08-2007, 04:10 PM
he might be listed as a WR

fischbowl
09-08-2007, 04:12 PM
He signed as an OF with Atlanta. He was taken in the fifth round of the MLB Draft this year

TitanHope
09-08-2007, 04:17 PM
He was drafted, not signed. If he was signed, then I don't think he'd be allowed to play college football. Isn't he a Junior? That may be why Scott doesn't have him listed.

He's playing well vs a horrible Michigan defense. Armanti Edwards looked great in the spread vs them. Just because Dixon is doing the same doesn't mean that much in my book.

WarOnTheShore
09-08-2007, 04:19 PM
He's a senior.

I'll believe in Dennis Dixon if he can sustain this kind of play over a period of time.

foozball
09-08-2007, 07:05 PM
he is a senior. he did sign with atlanta, but he is still able to play football. i dont see why that would be a problem since tom zbikowski is a pro boxer and is playing for ND.

duckseason
09-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Yeah Dixon made $150,000 for signing with the Braves. Can't really blame him for that. To anybody who thinks he isn't a legit QB prospect, I'd like to remind you of what VY looked like at Texas. Everybody had him pegged as a WR heading into that final season. His arm was far more questionable than Dixon's is now. I don't think there's any question that Dixon has the tools. He just needs to bring it together on a consistent basis and work on his intermediate accuracy. His deep ball has always been deadly. And his pocket awareness is unreal. Very difficult to sack him. No question he just played the best game of his career. Those 3 TD's were absolutely perfect passes. Caught the WR in stride on each one. But like I said, his intermediate game still needs work. Let's see if he can stay somewhere around this level of play before we start analyzing his draft prospects. He still has a lot to prove, but there's no question he has scouts' full attention right now. There's also the issue of making the switch to a pro-style offense to consider.

TitanHope
09-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Yeah, I was totally wrong about him signing and everything. Still, its odd to me that the NCAA allows him to play. I guess if he doesn't have an agent, though, its ok. I'm not exactly a rules expert, anyway.

SuperKevin
09-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Yeah, I was totally wrong about him signing and everything. Still, its odd to me that the NCAA allows him to play. I guess if he doesn't have an agent, though, its ok. I'm not exactly a rules expert, anyway.

You can be a pro in a sport you don't play collegiately as long as you don't collect money from endorsements

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Didn't Dixon stop playing baseball in HS??? How would he get drafted? He must've been freakin good.

duckseason
09-08-2007, 10:42 PM
Didn't Dixon stop playing baseball in HS??? How would he get drafted? He must've been freakin good.

Yeah that seems to happen a lot in Baseball. Teams take a lot of chances on pure athletes without knowing what they really have or whether or not they'll even play. The size of their draft and the fact that they have a minor league systems has a lot to do with it.

fischbowl
09-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Yeah that seems to happen a lot in Baseball. Teams take a lot of chances on pure athletes without knowing what they really have or whether or not they'll even play. The size of their draft and the fact that they have a minor league systems has a lot to do with it.

i.e. Jeff Samardzija, a just somewhat decent reliever at Notre Dame.

Vikes99ej
09-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Is this thread just being made because he beat Michigan? One would have to wonder if he beat a great Big Ten defense or just a mediocre one. That's only question for me. I think he did great today. I know he'll have a better year than last year.

naruto613
09-08-2007, 11:42 PM
I used Oregon in NCAA before everyone....and Dixon + stewart are unreal.

Dixon is a legit prospect case closed. Always was in my mind.

Smokey Joe
09-09-2007, 12:14 AM
An example of someone who turned out to be good would be Kenny Lofton...

duckseason
09-09-2007, 12:23 AM
An example of someone who turned out to be good would be Kenny Lofton...

Yeah, except he played basketball, and Baseball was his best sport all along. Dave Winfield and Tony Gwynn are a few others that come to mind. Along with the obvious Deion Sanders and Bo Jackson. There's more but I can't think of them off the top of my head right now. Who was the guy that played for the Blue Jays?

CARDIAC CAT 7
09-09-2007, 12:46 AM
The only knock on Dixon I have is his size, what is he 190 lbs. , that frame is horrible, he looks like he belongs in high school. Besides that he looks like he could make a run to be a NFL QB, he has ALL THE TOOLS.

BufFan71
09-09-2007, 07:53 AM
he does have a horrible frame

and they thing is....he couldve had so much more yards..

there were a handfull of intermediate-short passes dropped...that were prefectly placed

his mobility is unreal, and to top it off, hes got a really good arm

asmitty45
09-10-2007, 10:21 AM
i heard he cant hit for ****, but can field like its nobodys business

I_C_DeadPeople
09-10-2007, 04:06 PM
The only knock on Dixon I have is his size, what is he 190 lbs. , that frame is horrible, he looks like he belongs in high school. Besides that he looks like he could make a run to be a NFL QB, he has ALL THE TOOLS.

He would make a heck of a CFL QB - prototype really.

FYI - I believe Dave Winfield ended up getting drafted in three different sports.

phunnypharm
09-11-2007, 03:17 PM

a "just somewhat decent" 98 MPH fastball tends to get you drafted........and usually pretty high.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-11-2007, 03:24 PM
a "just somewhat decent" 98 MPH fastball tends to get you drafted........and usually pretty high.

I'mpretty sure Samardzjia was a starter...

Scott Wright
09-12-2007, 12:05 AM
Dixon is actually in the next group of players I'll be adding.

By the way, next week there will be a huge rankings overhaul.

Addict
09-12-2007, 04:17 AM
Dixon is actually in the next group of players I'll be adding.

By the way, next week there will be a huge rankings overhaul.

big yay! finally something to read during classes.

I ment after classes of course (A)