PDA

View Full Version : Patriots-Lions 2008 NFL Mock Draft #1

P-L
09-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Personally, I hate this mock. But I kept putting off releasing it, so I thought what the hell. Tell me what you guys think. I used the power rankings order, except moved Chicago into the #31 slot. As always, if you don't like the pick then tell me who you'd rather have for your team.

Round 1
1. Oakland Raiders RB Darren McFadden, Arkansas
2. Dallas Cowboys (f/ CLE) LT Jake Long, Michigan
3. Atlanta Falcons QB Brian Brohm, Louisville
4. Kansas City Chiefs LT Sam Baker, Southern California
5. Tennessee Titans WR DeSean Jackson, California
6. Miami Dolphins FS Kenny Phillips, Miami (FL)
7. Minnesota Vikings QB Andre Woodson, Kentucky
8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers DT Glenn Dorsey, Louisiana State
9. Detroit Lions DE Calais Campbell, Miami (FL)
10. Houston Texans RB Jonathan Stewart, Oregon
11. Buffalo Bills WR Early Doucet, Louisiana State
12. New York Giants LT Ryan Clady, Boise State
13. Washington Redskins DE Derrick Harvey, Florida
14. Arizona Cardinals OLB Vernon Gholston, Ohio State
15. Green Bay Packers CB Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State
16. New England Patriots (f/ SF) ILB Dan Connor, Penn State
17. New York Jets DE Chris Long, Virginia
18. Carolina Panthers DT Sedrick Ellis, Southern California
19. Seattle Seahawks TE Martellus Bennett, Texas A&M
20. St Louis Rams DT Frank Okam, Texas
21. Jacksonville Jaguars DE Lawrence Jackson, Southern California
22. Pittsburgh Steelers OLB Quentin Groves, Auburn
23. Philadelphia Eagles RT Gosder Cherlius, Boston College
24. Dallas Cowboys DE Tyson Jackson, Louisiana State
25. Denver Broncos MLB Rey Maualuga, Southern California
26. Cincinnati Bengals WLB Keith Rivers, Southern California
27. New Orleans Saints CB Aqib Talib, Kansas
28. Baltimore Ravens OLB Tommy Blake, Texas Christian
29. San Francisco 49ers (f/ IND) WR Limas Sweed, Texas
30. San Diego Chargers ILB Jasper Brinkley, South Carolina
31. Chicago Bears QB Colt Brennan, Hawaii
32. New England Patriots CB Antoine Cason, Arizona

Round 2
33. Oakland Raiders WR Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt
34. Cleveland Browns RB Steve Slaton, West Virginia
35. Atlanta Falcons LT Barry Richardson, Clemson
36. Kansas City Chiefs CB Terrell Thomas, Southern California
37. Tennessee Titans DT Marcus Harrison, Arkansas
38. Miami Dolphins FS Jonathan Hefney, Tennessee
39. Minnesota Vikings RT Kirk Barton, Ohio State
40. Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Adarius Bowman, Oklahoma State
41. Detroit Lions CB Dwight Lowery, San Jose State
42. Atlanta Falcons (f/ HOU) DT DeMario Pressley, North Carolina State
43. Buffalo Bills CB DeJaun Tribble, Boston College
44. New York Giants SLB Brian Cushing, Southern California
45. Washington Redskins WR Keenan Burton, Kentucky
46. Arizona Cardinals FS Darien Williams, Oklahoma
47. Green Bay Packers TE Jon Carlson, Notre Dame
48. San Francisco 49ers G Shannon Tevaga, California Los Angeles
49. New York Jets WR Marcus Monk, Arkansas
50. Carolina Panthers LT Chris Williams, Vanderbilt
51. Seattle Seahawks G Will Arnold, Louisiana State
52. St Louis Rams WR D.J. Hall, Alabama
53. Jacksonville Jaguars QB Chad Henne, Michigan
54. Pittsburgh Steelers LT Tony Hills, Texas
55. Philadelphia Eagles WLB Xavier Adibi, Virginia Tech
56. Dallas Cowboys CB Zachary Bowman, Nebraska
57. Denver Broncos LT Duane Brown, Virginia Tech
58. Cincinnati Bengals DE Kendall Langford, Hampton
59. New Orleans Saints DT Dre Moore, Maryland
60. Baltimore Ravens QB John David Booty, Southern California
61. Indianapolis Colts DT Andre Fluellen, Florida State
62. San Diego Chargers RB Tashard Choice, Georgia Tech
63. Chicago Bears WR James Hardy, Indiana
64. New England Patriots OLB Shawn Crable, Michigan

Bearsfan123
09-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Bears in the First-LT Barry Richardson or another Tackle
Sd Rd is pretty good.

BuckNaked
09-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Love Andre Woodson and don't really know enough about Barton to base an opinion on him.

skinzzfan25
09-08-2007, 07:25 PM
I like the Burton pick for the Redskins. If a solid 2 doesn't emerge this year, I'd be all for grabbing him. As for first round, I don't know much about Harvey, but him or Long would be nice.

EDIT: Wow, Harvey grew up in Skins territory so he's probably a fan. I'd take him :P

Scotty D
09-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Love the defensive talent coming to the Lions.

princefielder28
09-08-2007, 07:45 PM
two big areas of need for GB....thumbs up

Hines
09-08-2007, 08:31 PM
i love this mock..that is how my two picks are going

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-08-2007, 08:42 PM
The Earl Bennett pick makes me happy.But we would have to go defense in either round one or two.

thule
09-08-2007, 10:05 PM
I am a fan of the Dallas mock. However I'm not buying LT unless Long shows that he is the best LT to come out in the past 5-7 years. Free showed the coaching staff enough in TC to I think atleast warrant himself a look for the future. He completely outshined Marten and I just don't buy drafting a top LT here. But that is just how you see it a lot of Cowboys fan's would certainly agree with you. I think Desean Jackson fits great here. We'll find out this season how we look without Glenn for a few games. But we are in dire need of a dynamic return man and could use a quick WR with Glenn pushing through the mid 30's. Phillips is the wildcard here depending on the play of Hamlin and the development of Watkins.

etk
09-09-2007, 12:32 AM
Lots of talent in that mock with all the Juniors in there. Good Bucs picks, not perfect but nothing to complain about.

Scotty D
09-09-2007, 12:34 AM
I am a fan of the Dallas mock. However I'm not buying LT unless Long shows that he is the best LT to come out in the past 5-7 years. Free showed the coaching staff enough in TC to I think atleast warrant himself a look for the future. He completely outshined Marten and I just don't buy drafting a top LT here. But that is just how you see it a lot of Cowboys fan's would certainly agree with you. I think Desean Jackson fits great here. We'll find out this season how we look without Glenn for a few games. But we are in dire need of a dynamic return man and could use a quick WR with Glenn pushing through the mid 30's. Phillips is the wildcard here depending on the play of Hamlin and the development of Watkins.

I don't think Jackson or Phillips are good values at #2.

P-L
09-09-2007, 12:37 AM
I left a lot of juniors out of the mock, just because I couldn't fit them all in. Mario Manningham, James Laurinaitis, Justin King, Jack Ikegwuonu for example.

etk
09-09-2007, 12:42 AM
I left a lot of juniors out of the mock, just because I couldn't fit them all in. Mario Manningham, James Laurinaitis, Justin King, Jack Ikegwuonu for example.

I'm just not a big fan of excessive juniors in early mocks, because you never know. They are necessary for 2 round mocks, though.

Caddy
09-09-2007, 12:44 AM
Can't really complain about the Buccaneer picks. Both players are of a position of need so in that respect they are pretty good. Obviously players will rise and fall before the draft which could dictate the availability of players, but I like Bowman and Dorsey.

d34ng3l021
09-09-2007, 12:59 AM
I love all the Falcons picks.

BamaFalcon59
09-09-2007, 10:12 AM
I really don't want to have to take a QB, but it looks inevitable.

I love Richardson, and would still love him at pick 10 or so.

I would prefer Vince Hall, Xavier Adibi, a WR, a SS, a DE maybe, RB maybe, etc etc. DT is a need but I'm not a big fan of the player.

BigDawg819
09-09-2007, 10:29 AM
The Ravens draft bothers me, first of all OLB is not a position of need and wouldn't be a priority and I hate the John David Booty pick. I realize that QB is likely an area that will be addressed in the draft, but something in my gut tells me that the Ravens aren't going to draft another QB early unless they really fall in love with a guy. More likely they would probably just stick with veterans at the QB position. The first 2 rounds picks would likely target CB, DL, or maybe even WR.

neko4
09-09-2007, 10:34 AM
i'd prefer Cason, but good pack picks

GB12
09-09-2007, 11:00 AM
i'd prefer Cason, but good pack picks
I don't know how or why, but I think Packer fans got way too locked in on Cason.

23trufant
09-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Love the Seahawks picks

aNYtitan
09-09-2007, 01:06 PM
DeSean Jackson would be an awesome pick for the Titans, but thats only if no WR steps up this season and become main targets for Vince. If someone does step up though, I could see them going after Glenn Dorsey or Calais Campbell though. Still A+ pick, a gamebreaker in every sense of the word

thule
09-09-2007, 01:51 PM
I don't think Jackson or Phillips are good values at #2.

Same could be said for Mario Williams and Sean Taylor earlier in the years. If they put up like their suppose to it could happen. It's all projecting at this time anyways.

SuperKevin
09-09-2007, 04:27 PM
i love DeJuan Tribble but we need a CB with some size. I think jabari Greer is the only CB we have that's taller than 5'10".

HoopsDemon12
09-09-2007, 04:59 PM
I wouldnt want doucet that early.. personally i would want molcom jenkins in the first round because ibelive he is going to be stud... then in teh second round i would want james hardy or marcus monk. Good mock though

HoopsDemon12
09-09-2007, 05:00 PM
i love DeJuan Tribble but we need a CB with some size. I think jabari Greer is the only CB we have that's taller than 5'10".

youboty is 5'11-6'0 isnt he?

Sniper
09-09-2007, 05:33 PM
23. Philadelphia Eagles RT Gosder Cherlius, Boston College

Prefer Rivers, Maualuga, Brinkley or Justin King, but it makes sense

55. Philadelphia Eagles WLB Xavier Adibi, Virginia Tech
Love this pick for here considering what you put for the first round. If we go LB in the first, a CB or OT would be good.

See comments

Yung Flippa
09-09-2007, 06:47 PM
I don't really like the Ravens picks, I'd rather have one of the corners (Thomas or Cason).

thebow305
09-09-2007, 11:18 PM
Perfect Miami pick!

thetedginnshow
09-10-2007, 03:24 AM
I like the two picks for the Jets. I don't like the first for the Seahawks. I'd much rather have Okam than Bennett.

WMD
09-10-2007, 03:38 AM
Any mock that has Calais Campbell going to the Lions is a good mock in my eyes! Good work.

Vikes99ej
09-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Wow, no one is putting us at #1-3 like they were before week 1.

Great picks, though. We need anything we can get on the right side.

T-RICH49
09-27-2007, 09:54 AM
Love the 1st RD pick.Don't know much about Thomas but he does fill a need so good draft

darnik44two
09-29-2007, 10:13 PM
I personally think Ted Ginn Jr. is killing Desean Jackson's draft stock. Comparison's will be made, and I doubt he goes that high.

Number 10
09-29-2007, 10:19 PM
I don't see the Cushing declaring this year with his injuries taking away a good portion of the season. And if he does, I doubt he falls to the 2nd round.

I'm not a fan of Clady and I have to think we'll be going defense in round 1...LB-CB-FS

d34ng3l021
09-29-2007, 10:47 PM
I know I said I love all the Falcons picks, but had you given us Woodson instead of Brohm, it would be amazing.