PDA

View Full Version : Final Standings

nfrillman
09-08-2007, 10:20 PM
AFC East
New England 12-4......It's the Patriots, they will be good
New York 9-7.......Falls just short of playoffs, much better than many expect though
Buffalo 7-9.......Lost a lot on defense, but a growing Losman keeps them from nose diving
Miami 5-11........Ugly, that's all I can see for the Dolphins

AFC North
Baltimore 11-5........Great defense, I don't expect the offense to be much better with McGahee instead of Lewis
Cincinnati 10-6(WC)........Offense gets them to the playoffs, defense sends them home quickly
Pittsburgh 7-9........I honestly just don't see much that scares me about the Steelers, more of a gut feeling
Cleveland 4-12........A better team than the record indicates, but stuck in a killer division

AFC South
Indianapolis 12-4.........Trust me, the Colts defense isn't fixed. The Saints never tried to pound them
Jacksonville 9-7........Gutsy call releasing Leftwich, but the correct one. We know Leftwich is an average QB, Garrard is an unknown commodity that needed to be explored
Houston 6-10........I am not sold on Matt Schaub at all. He has started 2 games in his career, that is not enough games to know he is good
Tennessee 6-10.........Young is fun to watch, but statistically he wasn't good last year. Stats always catch up with you, plus they don't have anyone else on O

AFC West
San Diego 11-5.......Most talented team in the league. That's pretty much it.
Denver 10-6(WC)........Defense should be awesome, season depends on Cutler
Oakland 6-10.......I really think the Raiders will be much better this season, record won't necessarily show that though
Kansas City 5-11........This season could get ugly very quickly, but they could use a high draft pick

NFC East
Philadelphia 11-5.......When McNabb is healthy they win the East, it's as simple as that
Dallas 9-7(WC).......I am not sold on Romo as much as most. He finished on a terrible streak of games
Washington 7-9........I think Jason Campbell could be pretty good
New York 5-11.........Eli Manning is not a good QB, now they don't have Tiki. Good luck

NFC North
Chicago 11-5.......They could play blindfolded and when the North, but someone should tell Grossman he doesn't need to really play blindfolded
Green Bay 8-8.......Average offense, but could be in trouble if no RB emerges. Defense should be good
Detroit 6-10........Should be fun to watch every week, but being fun to watch doesn't necessarily mean winning
Minnesota 5-11........Could be a lot better if Tarvaris Jackson and some WR's are actually good. Problem is the WR's aren't good and it's Jackson's first year starting

NFC South (Will be worst division in NFL)
New Orleans 10-6.......Be wary of the Saints. They are relying heavily on 2 second year WR's. Defense could be a major problem
Carolina 8-8.........The only team in the league that analysts make the injury excuse for every season
Tampa Bay 6-10........If Jeff Garcia has something left in the tank they could trip up some contenders
Atlanta 6-10........A nightmarish season for the Falcons results in a QB in round 1

NFC West
St. Louis 11-5........Many underrated offseason defensive additions, as well as Bennett, McMichael, Dante Hall, and Leonard
Seattle 9-7(WC).........The window is quickly slamming on the Hawks, this could be their last chance
San Francisco 6-10.......Many overrated offseason additions. Clements- widely considered overrated. Banta Cain- career backup now starting. Willis- rookie.
Arizona 6-10........Once again the Cardinals will not be good because no one has told them that Offensive Line is actually important

yodabear
09-08-2007, 10:21 PM
I am so glad a Rams fan started this thread, otherwise I would have to yell at people.

nfrillman
09-08-2007, 10:24 PM
I am so glad a Rams fan started this thread, otherwise I would have to yell at people.

Haha, yes, it is funny how we both seem to enjoy seeing the Rams do well. Everyone else is just a bunch of haters.

yodabear
09-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Haha, yes, it is funny how we both seem to enjoy seeing the Rams do well. Everyone else is just a bunch of haters.

I have convinced everyone on ESPN we are winning the NFC west though. Salsberry, Allen, my boy Stephen A, Skip Bayless (despite he has us as a wild card and the Broncos winning the SB and the Skins winning the east and the Lions a WC, but yeah, I convinced him) I also think I convinced Mark Schlereth.

Tubby
09-08-2007, 10:29 PM
I have convinced everyone on ESPN we are winning the NFC west though. Salsberry, Allen, my boy Stephen A, Skip Bayless (despite he has us as a wild card and the Broncos winning the SB and the Skins winning the east and the Lions a WC, but yeah, I convinced him) I also think I convinced Mark Schlereth.

When a significant number of people on ESPN is picking your team, and you arent the consensus to win your division, you wont win.

nfrillman
09-08-2007, 10:29 PM

Oh My God!!! The death sentence of a Skip Bayless endorsement!!!! YOU HAVE DOOMED US ALL YODACHU!!!!! or at least the 3 or 4 Rams fans on here.

yodabear
09-08-2007, 10:31 PM
Oh My God!!! The death sentence of a Skip Bayless endorsement!!!! YOU HAVE DOOMED US ALL YODACHU!!!!! or at least the 3 or 4 Rams fans on here.

I did too good of a job again. Damn, a couple years ago I convinced Michael Smith we were winning the SB, but we went 8-8. I did too good of a job. But Bayless picked the Seahawks to win the division.

bearsfan_51
09-08-2007, 10:31 PM
The Cardinals spent the #5 pick on an OL, your comment doesn't make much sense.

nfrillman
09-08-2007, 10:36 PM
The Cardinals spent the #5 pick on an OL, your comment doesn't make much sense.

Yes, and they also let their best offensive lineman leave. I know they drafted there, but their line is not improved over last season. Plus they have now lost a tackle for the season.

awfullyquiet
09-08-2007, 11:06 PM

skip bayless is actually ran by SI's computers.
SI's computers are actually ran by woody page.

*snickers*

bearfan
09-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Packers are an improved team from last year, which they were 8-8. I think 10-6 is very realistic

awfullyquiet
09-09-2007, 12:11 AM
the NFC west always looks the same.
someone is gonna squeak by. ('hawks)
someone says their defense is terrible (the rams)
someone is going to be called overrated, but is in fact just about as overrated as they are underrated nowadays with everyone saying their overrate (obviously the niners)
someone is going to be good, but not so good as to win a bunch of games (arizona)

it just looks funny.

PalmerToCJ
09-09-2007, 12:18 AM
I really really don't see Baltimore winning the AFCN, IMO the Steelers have a better shot (just to show it's not me being a homer).

yodabear
09-09-2007, 12:19 AM
the NFC west always looks the same.
someone is gonna squeak by. ('hawks)
someone says their defense is terrible (the rams)
someone is going to be called overrated, but is in fact just about as overrated as they are underrated nowadays with everyone saying their overrate (obviously the niners)
someone is going to be good, but not so good as to win a bunch of games (arizona)

it just looks funny.

This year is gonna be different, I SWEAR!

BlindSite
09-09-2007, 12:21 AM
Hahaha, wow, the Rams are still an average team and you think they'll go 11 5 because they got an over the hill tight end, average slot receiver and a couple of rookies, good luck with that.

Scotty D
09-09-2007, 12:27 AM
Yes, and they also let their best offensive lineman leave. I know they drafted there, but their line is not improved over last season. Plus they have now lost a tackle for the season.

Leonard Davis didn't make sense financially for them to retain.

yodabear
09-09-2007, 12:29 AM
Hahaha, wow, the Rams are still an average team and you think they'll go 11 5 because they got an over the hill tight end, average slot receiver and a couple of rookies, good luck with that.

It could happen. I mean, we play the NFC west obviously, that could be 6-0, I don't think it could be, we play the NFC south, that could be a 3-1, we play the Packers at home, we play the AFC North that is one automatic win against the Browns. Plus, what is the NFC, it is 16 mediocre or below mediocre teams and whoever sucks the least will win it.

sodar21
09-09-2007, 12:38 AM
Cinci is overrated
Giants should be happy if they get 5 wins
Jets will probably win less than 9.
Saints aren't going to win the South (I was saying this long before the debacle this Thursday). Carolina is the easy choice. Saints could be a playoff team but I doubt it. The other 3 NFC divisions are all more likely to send 2+ teams to the playoffs than the South.
Chicago is definitely going to drop off. Green Bay could take the division. I think the NFC North ends up being pretty tight with most of the teams only a few games above and below .500.

yodabear
09-09-2007, 12:40 AM
I mean let us discuss the shittingness of the NFC.

Philly doesn't know about McNabb.
Dallas doesn't know about Romo.
New York doesn't know anything.
Washing is up and coming, and their coach is a little old.

Chicago: Rex Grossman blows.
Green Bay: Brett Favre is old.
Minnesota blows.
Detroit blows.

New Orleans has no defense.
Carolina seems like they are cursed and always has injuries.
Atlanta blows.
Tampa sucks.

Seattle is Seattle.
Look at New Orleans for St. Louis.
San Fran is mediocre.
Arizona is the same story every year.

All teams have questions. Anyone can make it.

awfullyquiet
09-09-2007, 12:47 AM

Minnesota blows.
Detroit blows.

Atlanta blows.
Tampa sucks.

Seattle is Seattle.
San Fran is mediocre.

agreed.
every team has questions.

very few haven't ever had questions.

i mean, the only thing that's really true (like really really true) is that carolina is cursed. philly mcnabbs every year. and arizona has been the favorite to break out for the past 9 years.

kalbears13
09-09-2007, 12:48 AM
I don't think it's that good because you don't have anyone better than 11-5 and the worst team is 4-12, which you only have one of. I disagree with this but it's your opinion.

Tubby
09-09-2007, 12:53 AM

Minnesota blows.
Detroit blows.

Atlanta blows.
Tampa sucks.

Seattle is Seattle.
San Fran is mediocre.

Yes, lets ignore the positives for all the teams. I'll do an analysis of the AFC using your logic.

New England has some concerns about Tom Brady's concentration
New York is mediocre
Buffalo blows
Miami blows

Baltimore: McNair blows
Cincinnati's players will all get arrested
Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh
Cleveland blows

Indianapolis has bad defense
Tennessee has bad WR's
Jacksonville is mediocre
Houston blows

San Diego has a mediocre WR corps
Kansas City blows
Denver doesn't know about Cutler
Oakland blows

Every team is terrible. The entire league is a toss-up.

yodabear
09-09-2007, 12:54 AM
Yes, lets ignore the positives for all the teams. I'll do an analysis of the AFC using your logic.

New England has some concerns about Tom Brady's concentration
New York is mediocre
Buffalo blows
Miami blows

Baltimore: McNair blows
Cincinnati's players will all get arrested
Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh
Cleveland blows

Indianapolis has bad defense
Tennessee has bad WR's
Jacksonville is mediocre
Houston blows

San Diego has a mediocre WR corps
Kansas City blows
Denver doesn't know about Cutler
Oakland blows

Every team is terrible. The entire league is a toss-up.

I guess what we have here is the Patriots are winning the super bowl.

awfullyquiet
09-09-2007, 12:57 AM
finally someone is making sense about the sorry state of the AFC.

yodabear
09-09-2007, 12:58 AM
finally someone is making sense about the sorry state of the AFC.

I mean yeah, they've only won 4 straight super bowls.

BlindSite
09-09-2007, 01:01 AM
It could happen. I mean, we play the NFC west obviously, that could be 6-0, I don't think it could be, we play the NFC south, that could be a 3-1, we play the Packers at home, we play the AFC North that is one automatic win against the Browns. Plus, what is the NFC, it is 16 mediocre or below mediocre teams and whoever sucks the least will win it.

I don't know about 3-1 against the NFC South.

Saints despite opening night can hang with anyone in the league. They're a playoff calibre team again this year and might well be able to knock you guys off.

Carolina matches up extremely well with a nickel set able to match your WRs at least better than 29 other teams in the league, a vaunted defensive line and a very fast and agile line backing corp.

We've got Steve Smith who's still a match up nightmare and a QB who's never gone down against you guys in 3 years.

Yes your team's improved but I don't think its improved enough to take the NFC South 3-1 especially with the enigma that Atlanta is and Tampa's ability to look like playoff contenders one game and perennial suckers the next.

yodabear
09-09-2007, 01:04 AM

Saints despite opening night can hang with anyone in the league. They're a playoff calibre team again this year and might well be able to knock you guys off.

Carolina matches up extremely well with a nickel set able to match your WRs at least better than 29 other teams in the league, a vaunted defensive line and a very fast and agile line backing corp.

We've got Steve Smith who's still a match up nightmare and a QB who's never gone down against you guys in 3 years.

Yes your team's improved but I don't think its improved enough to take the NFC South 3-1 especially with the enigma that Atlanta is and Tampa's ability to look like playoff contenders one game and perennial suckers the next.

IDK, the Rams seem to get lucky against a team every year i.e. the Broncos last year. I mean, I didn't say we were going 3-1, I said we could. Smith has always been a thorne in our side. Plus, with what I saw from the Saints on Thursday, we can beat them. Neither of us have a defense and both have good offenses. It could come down to who has the ball last. And Atlanta and Tampa have issues.

awfullyquiet
09-09-2007, 03:07 AM

who needs a nickel set vs stl? (better yet, who has a solid playing 3rd DB?)
who's their third receiver? (big drew bennett)
how many men do you need in the box against sjax? (correct answer, if you've been paying attention is 42)

2-2 on the NFC south is more likely though, considering the saints a probable loss, and the bucs a probable win. and carolina and atlanta going game day possibly for both in an even match up.

Freddy G
09-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Yeah, the Browns won't have to worse record in the league. You have to many 6-10 to 8-8 teams...there is good parity in the NFL, but not that good.