PDA

View Full Version : Teddy Ginn era begins!

thebow305
09-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Well, I have been saying all along that Ted Ginn Jr. was the player we needed and will make us a better team overall. He makes his NFL Regular Season debut against Washington today. We will get a glimpse into the future of our big-time playmaker today! Hence, his era begins! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

draftguru151
09-09-2007, 01:46 PM
He looked awful the entire first half. Finally did something in the 3rd quarter.

robert_in_bigd
09-09-2007, 05:31 PM
If he can stay healthy, he will be fine.

thebow305
09-09-2007, 11:10 PM
If he could just get some blocks he will do great.

draftguru151
09-09-2007, 11:11 PM
Or maybe he could try running.

Addict
09-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Or maybe he could try running.

well said, #1 Ginn fan. ;)

SeanTaylorRIP
09-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Yeah Randle El was much more impressive although he should be since he is a vet, but really I was shocked when I heard that it was Ginn on those returns cause I don't know he didn't look like the Ginn at Ohio State, although obviously this is the pro's and not Minnesota Gophers. He just didn't look like himself, speed looked average and no shake, maybe nerves, but still can't say I agree with the pick it's not like he can contribute as a wideout right now, obviously in the future they hope he can develop into a #2 wideout but he will never be Steve Smith, so being drafted #9 he better be the next Devin Hester.

Joeyjr09
09-11-2007, 12:08 AM
He had a nice kick return to the 50 yard line later in the game but thats about it. Was nowhere to be seen as a WR. Only got about 5 yards on a reverse. Did way to much shoulder shaking and stutter stepping for my taste. He's fast as lighting, pick a hole, make a cut or two and just run. If he shakes and stutter steps he's gonna start getting dropped and start getting hurt.

BTW...Didn't see him distract the defense or open up the offense in any way shape or form.

Like I said before, I like the kids future once he learns the NFL game and the WR position but this is a rebuilding year.

and bow stop making excuses for him. Blocking had nothing to do with it. Poor blocking still managed to get Chambers almost 100 yards and Trent Green to complete most of his passes. The pass blocking was decent, it was the run blocking that was the big problem and Ginn ain't a RB. Poor blocking has nothing to do not catching a single pass or failing to distract the opposing defense with his speed. It's nothing but pure inexperience. He will get there but be patient, it's not gonna happen right now.

What is going to be really telling is how the team plays the last 5 or so games of the season and how the young guys progress with the playing time they will get later in the year. This team isn't ready now, give it time, we are building in the right direction.

thebow305
09-11-2007, 10:28 AM
Man you guys are way too critical of him after ONE game. He is a Rookie, not a ten year veteran, let's not lose sight of that fact please. He hasn't decided yet when to turn on that second gear because he is still getting accustomed to the speed of the NFL. It will take a couple games. Reggie didn't score a touchdown or even have more than moderate success for the first 6 weeks of the season, so let's at least give Ginn the benefit of the doubt there. Once he does learn the speed and how things work in the NFL, he will be dangerous. And you honestly can't say we really gave him much of a chance to be a success in that game. We gave him absolutely no blocking in the punt/kick return game, and he got one end around where the blocking wasn't anything great either. We didn't throw him one pass, one screen, nothing. Is it just me or should we not have given it to him down by the end zone instead of faking it to him and giving it to Chatman for a 1 yard gain. There was one linebacker to beat on that play and he would have beaten him and scored, bottom line. Obviously he struggled a bit in the limited chances he got, but so did the rest of the team, the offense looked very manilla out there just like it always does, Cam did not open it up as I expected him too, but also we had too many dropped passes, something you guys think Ginn will have a problem with, but it certainly didn't look like our vets did much better with it. And the blocking has to be much improved, that game had spots where it was pretty solid and times where it broke down, especially with the penalties/false starts. Consistency is the name of the game and until we can get that on our team, everyone is going to struggle, not just our much-criticized Rook Teddy.