PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame vs. Michigan

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Who'll win?
I'll say Notre Dame wins.

P-L
09-09-2007, 12:13 PM
If Mallett starts, Notre Dame will win...

iowatreat54
09-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Michigan in the lesser of 2 evils...

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-09-2007, 12:21 PM
If Mallett starts, Notre Dame will win...
Im assuming Henne was injured.I didnt see the game.

regoob2
09-09-2007, 12:23 PM
ill take mike hart and jake long. ND probably cant stop the run. im assuming an ugly game.

P-L
09-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Im assuming Henne was injured.I didnt see the game.
Yeah, Henne got hurt in the 1st half. He was able to finish the 1st half but didn't play at all in the 2nd half. He is "very doubtful" according to Carr for next week's game.

Canadian_kid16
09-09-2007, 03:01 PM
eh, IMO its bad coaching (Michigan) vs. inexperienced players (ND)...its a toss up

TimD
09-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Michigan in the lesser of 2 evils...

you mean lesser of 2 **** teams

CARDIAC CAT 7
09-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Mike Hart threatened to kill me if I pick Notre Dame, so I am saying Michigan.

P-L
09-09-2007, 03:53 PM
ill take mike hart and jake long. ND probably cant stop the run. im assuming an ugly game.

Oregon couldn't stop the run either. Mike Hart had a field day before he got injured. That didn't do much to help though.

Sniper
09-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Oregon couldn't stop the run either. Mike Hart had a field day before he got injured. That didn't do much to help though.

ND runs a more conventional offense though, which helps Michigan. Hart guaranteed a win, so I'll go with that. 31-24 Michigan

TitanHope
09-09-2007, 03:58 PM
I think "Which team will lose?" is a much more fitting question.

GB12
09-09-2007, 04:00 PM
It will be cool to see one of these teams start the season 0-3.

P-L
09-09-2007, 04:03 PM
ND runs a more conventional offense though, which helps Michigan. Hart guaranteed a win, so I'll go with that. 31-24 Michigan

He guaranteed the win, but he backed tracked on his statement after suggestions that Henne may not start.

moc182
09-09-2007, 04:08 PM
I never would have thought this would be the game I felt most confident going in to amongst the first 3.

RyanLeaf#1
09-09-2007, 04:24 PM

Thats hilarious that he guaranteed a win. WOW hes really going out on the limb there guaranting a win against an 0-2 team.

Sniper
09-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Thats hilarious that he guaranteed a win. WOW hes really going out on the limb there guaranting a win against an 0-2 team.

The 0-2 WAR IS ON *****! Haha just kidding

RyanLeaf#1
09-09-2007, 04:31 PM
The 0-2 WAR IS ON *****! Haha just kidding

HAHA cant wait to see what the line and total is on this game.

Sniper
09-09-2007, 04:42 PM
HAHA cant wait to see what the line and total is on this game.

Michigan -2, 42 is my guess assuming Henne doesn't play

RyanLeaf#1
09-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Michigan -2, 42 is my guess assuming Henne doesn't play

I would say Michigan is 5 and 50

OhioState
09-09-2007, 04:51 PM
hey we might get to see Mallet vs. Claussen a year early! too bad both teams suck but ill go with Michigan, i think they will match up better against the more conventional Offense of ND

soybean
09-09-2007, 04:56 PM

haha, no i think he's just guaranteeing they're not gonna go 0-3. I think he'd say the same if it was against any team.

NDfootball
09-09-2007, 04:59 PM
In this matchup, everybody loses, especially the chumps who paid hundreds if not thousands of dollars to get good seats.

HoopsDemon12
09-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Who would have thought that there was a possibitly that clausen and mallet would face eachother their freshman years? I think henne is fine though and he will come back and their passing attack finally over comes A defence and puts up a lot of points. Besides Notre Dame doesnt run a spread offence... i think michigan can turn around the ship here

RyanLeaf#1
09-09-2007, 05:10 PM
hey we might get to see Mallet vs. Claussen a year early! too bad both teams suck but ill go with Michigan, i think they will match up better against the more conventional Offense of ND

Charlie Weis is one of the best offensive minds in the game. You dont think he can figure away out to pick apart that poor Michigan defense?

SuperKevin
09-09-2007, 05:12 PM
I think Michigan wins this game fairly easily. I can't see Jimmy Clausen getting anything done against a Michigan defense looking for something to prove

OhioState
09-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Charlie Weis is one of the best offensive minds in the game. You dont think he can figure away out to pick apart that poor Michigan defense?

did you see the PSU ND game? Claussen threw one pass out of his 30 attempted past the first down marker, the game was so boring because he threw about 20 screen passes. I really doubt the Charlie trusts him with the whole playbook right now. and anyway ND has the dead last running offense in the nation right now, so no i don't think that charlie will find a way.

RyanLeaf#1
09-09-2007, 05:13 PM
I think Michigan wins this game fairly easily. I can't see Jimmy Clausen getting anything done against a Michigan defense looking for something to prove

What do they have to prove? Who cares if they have a good game its nothing no other defense did against Notre Dame this year. Notre Dame has 0 offensive touchdowns.

RyanLeaf#1
09-09-2007, 05:14 PM
did you see the PSU ND game? Claussen threw one pass out of his 30 attempted past the first down marker, the game was so boring because he threw about 20 screen passes. I really doubt the Charlie trusts him with the whole playbook right now. and anyway ND has the dead last running offense in the nation right now, so no i don't think that charlie will find a way.

Well we will see about that on Saturday. I guarantee that Notre Dame has atleast 27 points.

Sniper
09-09-2007, 05:15 PM

Such a great offensive mind that has produced 0 offensive TD in the first two games :rolleyes:

HoopsDemon12
09-09-2007, 05:17 PM

okay ill give you he is one if not hte best offensive minded coach in all of football... but not even jesus himself could make that team better... he doesnt have hte talent to do what he wants to yet

RyanLeaf#1
09-09-2007, 05:22 PM
okay ill give you he is one if not hte best offensive minded coach in all of football... but not even jesus himself could make that team better... he doesnt have hte talent to do what he wants to yet

I understand Notre Dame is young, and have not been playing well. But look who they have played. 2 teams that are ranked in the top 25. Now they are playing a defense that has looked terrible in its first 2 weeks. Notre Dame is coming off a game vs Penn State who has a defense probably in the top 3 in the nation. You dont think after playing a defense like Penn States that Notre Dames offense wont be able to move the ball on Michigan?

Sniper
09-09-2007, 05:28 PM
I understand Notre Dame is young, and have not been playing well. But look who they have played. 2 teams that are ranked in the top 25. Now they are playing a defense that has looked terrible in its first 2 weeks. Notre Dame is coming off a game vs Penn State who has a defense probably in the top 3 in the nation. You dont think after playing a defense like Penn States that Notre Dames offense wont be able to move the ball on Michigan?

A) Penn State does not have a top 3 defense, but that's ok.
B) Your receivers are non-existent
C) Your running game is brutal

RyanLeaf#1
09-09-2007, 05:32 PM
A) Penn State does not have a top 3 defense, but that's ok.
B) Your receivers are non-existent
C) Your running game is brutal

D) Michigan lost to Appalachian State

Sniper
09-09-2007, 05:35 PM
D) Michigan lost to Appalachian State

Why yes, this is correct.
E) Appalachian State could beat Notre Dame as well. If ASU was too fast for Michigan then they are definitely too fast for ND.

HoopsDemon12
09-09-2007, 06:04 PM

i just htink its gonan take some time for clausen to get good and comfortable back there.. michigan has good plaers on defence.. they just are not he fastest people in the world.. oregon and Apalaician(spellin) were way faster... notre dame isnt fast by any means

jballa838
09-09-2007, 06:17 PM
too bad both cant lose, that would be great, but i'll take ND

RyanLeaf#1
09-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Why yes, this is correct.
E) Appalachian State could beat Notre Dame as well. If ASU was too fast for Michigan then they are definitely too fast for ND.

Appalachian State could not beat Notre Dame. We actually have a coach who knows how to coach.

Sniper
09-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Appalachian State could not beat Notre Dame. We actually have a coach who knows how to coach.

Yeah he's proved that in convincing games against Michigan, USC, LSU, Georgia Tech and Penn State recently. Weis hasn't beaten anyone good yet.

mqtirishfan
09-09-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm going with Michigan, simply because Paul Duncan is possibly the worst LT I've ever seen start a game for ND. He's just pathetic, and Clausen might get killed out there if we don't find someone to protect his blind spot.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Yeah he's proved that in convincing games against Michigan, USC, LSU, Georgia Tech and Penn State recently. Weis hasn't beaten anyone good yet.

Ha? Weis beat 3/5 teams you named already. USC was close one year too...

princefielder28
09-09-2007, 07:36 PM
I'm picking Michigan not to lose

RyanLeaf#1
09-09-2007, 08:41 PM
WOW Michigan is a favored by 9.5

P-L
09-09-2007, 08:55 PM
WOW Michigan is a favored by 9.5
Damn. I wonder why so much.

neko4
09-09-2007, 08:58 PM
(This post is based on a feeling not fact or reason, but this feeling is more than a feeling!)

CHEER CHEER FOR OL' NOTRE DAME
WAKE UP THE ECHOS CHEERING HER NAME
SEND THE VOLLEY CHEER ON HIGH
SHAKE DOWN THE THUNDER FROM THE SKY
WITH THO THE ODDS BE GREAT OR SMALL
OL' NOTRE DAME WILL WIN OVER ALL
WHILE HE LOYAL SONS GO MARCHING
ONWARD TO VICTORY!

Im going with NOTRE DAME
Cuz theyre gonna play like champions this saturday

RyanLeaf#1
09-09-2007, 09:45 PM

Are you being sarcastic when you say that?

NittanyLion2k7
09-09-2007, 10:12 PM
A)Michigan's defense is worst than people think.
B)Penn State's Defense is better than people think.
C)Jimmy Clausen showed tremendous poise on Saturday. I was a little suprised but I'm buying the hype. Anyone that watched the game will see he played very well considering it was his first collegiate game, the talent around him doesn't quite match up, the line kept false starting due to the crowd and also they couldn't block anyone and he kept getting sacked.

Michigan might win this game, but I don't know if they'll cover the 9.5 spread. This will be closer than peopel think. On one side is a more talented and experienced team with an inadequate coach. On the other side is a younger and quite talented team with a better coach. It will be very close, coaching counts for alot at any level of football and probably more so in the College ranks.

RyanLeaf#1
09-09-2007, 10:15 PM
A)Michigan's defense is worst than people think.
B)Penn State's Defense is better than people think.
C)Jimmy Clausen showed tremendous poise on Saturday. I was a little suprised but I'm buying the hype. Anyone that watched the game will see he played very well considering it was his first collegiate game, the talent around him doesn't quite match up, the line kept false starting due to the crowd and also they couldn't block anyone and he kept getting sacked.

Michigan might win this game, but I don't know if they'll cover the 9.5 spread. This will be closer than peopel think. On one side is a more talented and experienced team with an inadequate coach. On the other side is a younger and quite talented team with a better coach. It will be very close, coaching counts for alot at any level of football and probably more so in the College ranks.

I'll be honest with you besides holding the ball to long sometimes in the pocket without getting rid of it..... I think Clausen played as good as he could of.

NittanyLion2k7
09-09-2007, 10:21 PM
I'll be honest with you besides holding the ball to long sometimes in the pocket without getting rid of it..... I think Clausen played as good as he could of.

That's what I'm saying. I watched that entire game and he played very well all things considered. He held onto the ball a little too much sometimes, but that's expected with a young QB.

He did show alot of poise, he wasn't rattled by the crowd, stayed strong in the pocket, and knew when to tuck the ball and run.

His accuracy in his passes was pretty good and his timing wasn't bad either. Overall I'm buying into the hype. I'm convinced that he will be a very good if not great QB at the college level. It's pretty clear that he's going to be a 4 year starter at ND, no one is going to take that job from him after the way he went into Beaver Stadium and kept them in the game for about 2 and a half quarters.

All in all he played the best that he could like Ryan Leaf said. Evan Sharpley probably wouldn't have done any better, and Demetrius Jones would have been demolished if he tried to run as much as he did vs. Gtech.

RyanLeaf#1
09-09-2007, 10:23 PM
That's what I'm saying. I watched that entire game and he played very well all things considered. He held onto the ball a little too much sometimes, but that's expected with a young QB.

He did show alot of poise, he wasn't rattled by the crowd, stayed strong in the pocket, and knew when to tuck the ball and run.

His accuracy in his passes was pretty good and his timing wasn't bad either. Overall I'm buying into the hype. I'm convinced that he will be a very good if not great QB at the college level. It's pretty clear that he's going to be a 4 year starter at ND, no one is going to take that job from him after the way he went into Beaver Stadium and kept them in the game for about 2 and a half quarters.

All in all he played the best that he could like Ryan Leaf said. Evan Sharpley probably wouldn't have done any better, and Demetrius Jones would have been demolished if he tried to run as much as he did vs. Gtech.

He could of even had a touchdown at the end of the game if it werent for them 2 dropped touchdown passes.

Michigan
09-09-2007, 10:23 PM

Mike Hart probably gives Michigan 6 of those -9.5.

RyanLeaf#1
09-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Mike Hart probably gives Michigan 6 of those -9.5.

Mike Hart will probably have 220 and 3 touchdowns.

yodabear
09-09-2007, 11:40 PM
I AM NOT gonna piss off Mike Hart. If Michigan loses this game, I think Hart is gonna go on a killing spree and good ol Lloyd (can't spell his name without 2 Ls) will be first.

Sniper
09-10-2007, 07:15 AM
I AM NOT gonna piss off Mike Hart. If Michigan loses this game, I think Hart is gonna go on a killing spree and good ol Lloyd (can't spell his name without 2 Ls) will be first.

Hahaha I really would not be surprised. His block after waving off Minor was unreal, imagine if they start 0-3 with all 3 at home. Dear Lord. Lloyd's going to have the most sadistic death ever.

Sniper
09-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Ha? Weis beat 3/5 teams you named already. USC was close one year too...

I meant the most recent games against those opponents. I doubt ND is paying Weis all that money for moral victories against SC too. When Weis beat those teams, they finished 7-5 (Michigan 05), 9-5 (with Reggie Ball at QB), 9-4 (Penn State who lost all of their games against good teams). Yup, consider me impressed. Yet when he played very good to great teams, 47-21 at home to Michigan, 44-24 @ USC, 41-17 vs. LSU, 33-3 vs. GT at home. Yeah man, he's an amazing coach :rolleyes:

Jughead10
09-10-2007, 08:36 AM
I meant the most recent games against those opponents. I doubt ND is paying Weis all that money for moral victories against SC too. When Weis beat those teams, they finished 7-5 (Michigan 05), 9-5 (with Reggie Ball at QB), 9-4 (Penn State who lost all of their games against good teams). Yup, consider me impressed. Yet when he played very good to great teams, 47-21 at home to Michigan, 44-24 @ USC, 41-17 vs. LSU, 33-3 vs. GT at home. Yeah man, he's an amazing coach :rolleyes:

He is an amazing offensive coach. The offense turned around instantly when he got there and was great for all of the first two years he was there. This year there was so much turn around, partly due to a terrible first recruiting class of his because he had no time coming off a Super Bowl. He is trying to work miracles out there. I just hope he lets Jimmy open it up a bit more. He threw one long ball against PSU and it looked great. However it was called back on a penalty. The terrible losses the past two years have all been because of the defense and its lack of speed, which will always be a problem at ND.

Sniper
09-10-2007, 08:49 AM
He is an amazing offensive coach. The offense turned around instantly when he got there and was great for all of the first two years he was there. This year there was so much turn around, partly due to a terrible first recruiting class of his because he had no time coming off a Super Bowl. He is trying to work miracles out there. I just hope he lets Jimmy open it up a bit more. He threw one long ball against PSU and it looked great. However it was called back on a penalty. The terrible losses the past two years have all been because of the defense and its lack of speed, which will always be a problem at ND.

An amazing offensive coach should find a way to score at least 1 offensive TD in 2 games shouldn't he? An amazing offensive coach should average more than 21 ppg vs. LSU/USC/Michigan last year no? Maybe I'm wrong.

RyanLeaf#1
09-10-2007, 09:16 AM
An amazing offensive coach should find a way to score at least 1 offensive TD in 2 games shouldn't he? An amazing offensive coach should average more than 21 ppg vs. LSU/USC/Michigan last year no? Maybe I'm wrong.

I guess its Charlie Weis' fault that Clausen had 2 touchdown passes dropped on him during the game on Saturday then.

Sniper
09-10-2007, 09:23 AM
I guess its Charlie Weis' fault that Clausen had 2 touchdown passes dropped on him during the game on Saturday then.

Sure isn't. I actually enjoyed watching Clausen last game and thought he played well. Those weren't his or Weis' fault, but the fact still remains that they have not scored an offensive TD in 2 games. Then again, everyone can look like an offensive genius when matching up against the Shitshow Twins. I'd line up Armando Allen on one side and Golden Tate on the other and have them run go routes all day.

RyanLeaf#1
09-10-2007, 10:58 AM
It really cracks me up that when you go on espn.com that the 5th story on the top stories is Mike Hart guarantees a victory. Who gives a $hit its not like they are playing LSU or USC. Doesnt he know that they are 10 point favorites, and they are supposed to win the game. What a tool

Sniper
09-10-2007, 11:04 AM
It really cracks me up that when you go on espn.com that the 5th story on the top stories is Mike Hart guarantees a victory. Who gives a $hit its not like they are playing LSU or USC. Doesnt he know that they are 10 point favorites, and they are supposed to win the game. What a tool

There's no way they should be ten point faves. But a guarantee makes news though

RyanLeaf#1
09-10-2007, 11:09 AM
There's no way they should be ten point faves. But a guarantee makes news though

Well in all reality Michigan right now has much more talent then Notre Dame that is worth about 7 points. Plus they are home thats an automatic 3. So I kinda understand why they are 10 point favs.

Sniper
09-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Well in all reality Michigan right now has much more talent then Notre Dame that is worth about 7 points. Plus they are home thats an automatic 3. So I kinda understand why they are 10 point favs.

Well, let's see...I'll give Michigan the edge in RB, TE/WR, OL and we can call the rest a wash because we both suck at them. So yeah, you may be right.

PoopSandwich
09-10-2007, 12:40 PM
If Michigan doesn't win I'll be shocked.

mqtirishfan
09-10-2007, 02:00 PM

He really is a good offensive mind. However, when you run a pro-style offense, and your LT gives up about 3 sacks, has 2 false starts, and can't stop the pressure from getting near your QB, you are in trouble. When you throw in a RT in a sophomore slump, a freshman QB, a severe lack of size at WR, and only one RB with real experience (who straight up sucks), you're in BIG trouble, no matter who your coach is.

Sniper
09-10-2007, 02:44 PM
Henne officially out for ND

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/09/10/bc.fbc.michigan.henne.ap/index.html

Mike Hart, here come your 40 carries

AceInTheHole94
09-10-2007, 10:51 PM
The problem Weis is having right now is three new starters on the OL. While Wenger looks like hes gonna be a solid RG and Turkovich improved alot from GT to PSU, but Paul Duncan(LT) looks like he will not be a long term starter at the University of Notre Dame. In my opinion, its only a matter of time before Matt ROmine becomes starting LT.

What a bad OL does, is when they can't run block, the running game takes no pressure off the passing game. When they can't pass block for long, that takes out any 5 or 7 step drops. So, Weis can use about 1/4th or less than his playbook.

The OL did improve from GT to PSU, but at this pace it will probably be against the weak stretch of their schedule before they can implement a full gameplan with the whole playbook as an option.

OL is the second hardest position to learn, with three new starters, a sophomore and only one guy with alot of experience, the OL is gonna take awhile gelling and learning all the assignments. While I know the coaching staff can do a better job perparing them, when it comes game time they have to step up and do it themselves, which they haven't yet.

awfullyquiet
09-10-2007, 11:19 PM
they're both 0-2. does it really matter?

LonghornsLegend
09-10-2007, 11:36 PM

they are making sure everyone knows he made a guarantee, so when they lose again he looks like a bigger ass...its a very good chance they very well lose this game

RyanLeaf#1
09-10-2007, 11:44 PM
they are making sure everyone knows he made a guarantee, so when they lose again he looks like a bigger ass...its a very good chance they very well lose this game

I would love it. Hes talking smack like his team is undefeated going against an undefeated Notre Dame team.

bearsfan_51
09-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Cause Notre Dame is ******* terrible.

RyanLeaf#1
09-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Cause Notre Dame is ******* terrible.

Michigan lost to a 1A team and your going to say Notre Dame is terrible?

Jughead10
09-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Michigan lost to a 1A team and your going to say Notre Dame is terrible?

And got beat by the same margin by an unranked team as ND did against two top 20 taems.

RyanLeaf#1
09-11-2007, 12:08 PM
And got beat by the same margin by an unranked team as ND did against two top 20 taems.

Exactly GTech and Penn State are 2 quality teams

Jughead10
09-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Exactly GTech and Penn State are 2 quality teams

Absolutely. Penn State is ranked 12 and Georgia Tech is 15. It's not like Notre Dame is losing to Youngstown St.

RyanLeaf#1
09-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Absolutely. Penn State is ranked 12 and Georgia Tech is 15. It's not like Notre Dame is losing to Youngstown St.

What do you think about the Irish getting 10?

Jughead10
09-11-2007, 12:15 PM
What do you think about the Irish getting 10?

I'd take it in a teaser. I've gotten burned so many times on Notre Dame.

RyanLeaf#1
09-11-2007, 12:17 PM

Well they are 0-2 ATS this year

RyanLeaf#1
09-11-2007, 12:17 PM

BTW your obsessed with teasers

Jughead10
09-11-2007, 12:18 PM
BTW your obsessed with teasers

I am right now because I'm hot with them. When I cool down I'll no longer be obsessed.

RyanLeaf#1
09-11-2007, 12:28 PM
I am right now because I'm hot with them. When I cool down I'll no longer be obsessed.

What do you usually do 6,7, or 10 point teasers?

Jughead10
09-11-2007, 12:30 PM
What do you usually do 6,7, or 10 point teasers?

I do 10 almost all the time.

Geo
09-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Michigan has to win this game, I can't fathom them losing this one.

RyanLeaf#1
09-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Michigan has to win this game, I can't fathom them losing this one.

What makes you think that they have to win this?

soybean
09-11-2007, 02:12 PM
What makes you think that they have to win this?

well, notre dame has an excuse to be losing. they have basically a completely new team. When people talk about "rebuilding" year, this is exactly what theyre talking about. they lost their qb, wrs, runningback, and even their secondary. Michigan has no excuse for losing like this.

TimD
09-11-2007, 02:18 PM

The Penguins happen to be a powerhouse team

http://www.teamline.cc/static/images/logos/ysupens.gif

JayP
09-11-2007, 04:05 PM
well, notre dame has an excuse to be losing. they have basically a completely new team. When people talk about "rebuilding" year, this is exactly what theyre talking about. they lost their qb, wrs, runningback, and even their secondary. Michigan has no excuse for losing like this.

ND only lost 1 player in the secondary....Chinedum Ndukwe. Everybody else returned. The losses actually came along the D and O lines...3 players from each line.

I think what makes Michigan so surprising is that there was so much hype about Long, Henne, and Hart coming back to win a NC. I guess the hype machines didn't consider that the UM defense was gonna suck.

soybean
09-11-2007, 04:50 PM
ND only lost 1 player in the secondary....Chinedum Ndukwe. Everybody else returned. The losses actually came along the D and O lines...3 players from each line.

I think what makes Michigan so surprising is that there was so much hype about Long, Henne, and Hart coming back to win a NC. I guess the hype machines didn't consider that the UM defense was gonna suck.

didn't they lose mike richardson? and is ambrose wooden still on the team?

Jughead10
09-11-2007, 10:03 PM
didn't they lose mike richardson? and is ambrose wooden still on the team?

Yeah Richardson is gone. He was drafted by the Pats. Dunno if he made their team or not. Ambrose Wooden is still on the team but doesn't start anymore. It was a bold statement by Weis. A 2 year starter comes back for his 5th year and doesn't start. Small move towards getting faster and more athletic in the secondary. Not to mention they don't have the total personel to be running a 3-4 yet.

yo123
09-11-2007, 10:08 PM
The press that this game is getting is really confusing me. Neither team is good. Not at all.

JayP
09-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Yeah Richardson is gone. He was drafted by the Pats. Dunno if he made their team or not. Ambrose Wooden is still on the team but doesn't start anymore. It was a bold statement by Weis. A 2 year starter comes back for his 5th year and doesn't start. Small move towards getting faster and more athletic in the secondary. Not to mention they don't have the total personel to be running a 3-4 yet.

Forgot about Richardson. He is gone too, but since Lambert stepped in for Wooden as a starter and McNeil and Walls saw playing time last year, I really don't consider it a loss with Wooden and Lambert returning.

Wooden's funny...he got beaten out by Walls for the starting spot across from Lambert. Word comes out after the GT game that Wooden is the starter again, and somehow Walls beats him out again. Talk about not stepping up...

bearsfan_51
09-11-2007, 11:02 PM
The press that this game is getting is really confusing me. Neither team is good. Not at all.

The media likes ratings. Michigan and Notre Dame have huge fan bases. It's not complicated. It's the same reason why they talk about the same 10 NFL players over and over and their baseball coverage basically consists of the Yankees and the Red Sox.

On a related note, tickets for the Mich-ND game are almost double the price than those for the OSU-Washington game on stubhub. Michigan fans are so angry that they're still willing to shell out a thousand dollars for a bad product. Silly people.

DaBears9654
09-11-2007, 11:15 PM
Wolverines

RyanLeaf#1
09-12-2007, 09:16 AM
The media likes ratings. Michigan and Notre Dame have huge fan bases. It's not complicated. It's the same reason why they talk about the same 10 NFL players over and over and their baseball coverage basically consists of the Yankees and the Red Sox.

On a related note, tickets for the Mich-ND game are almost double the price than those for the OSU-Washington game on stubhub. Michigan fans are so angry that they're still willing to shell out a thousand dollars for a bad product. Silly people.

To big Notre Dame fans and big Michigan fans this is a big rivalry. We dont care what our records are we just want to win this game. When the game starts no one is going to think about their records. They are just going to want their team to win that game. Explainiing why the ticket prices are so high.

mqtirishfan
09-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Dear ND O-line,

**** you.

-mqt

TimD
09-15-2007, 09:38 PM

but they're both big programs...

LionSmack
09-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Well, Michigan still isn't that good, and Notre Dame is that bad and then some.

But a couple of things: One, Mike Hart is a damn warrior. Go ahead and dis him for his guarantee, I think he just said it because he was pissed off as hell about the first two games, and then he made sure he went out and backed it up. Two, Ryan Mallett is raw as five pounds of fresh hamburger but he's got a rocket mounted on top of a cannon.

HoopsDemon12
09-15-2007, 10:29 PM
Mike Hart is a man possessed wow.. that guy is in abslute warrior. I actualyl think he will win the walker award this year. He seems to be taking this seasons woes on personalyl and out playing everyone on the field. Wow im just impressed with him.