PDA

View Full Version : AFC South Discussion Thread - '13 Offseason

DChess
09-09-2007, 12:01 PM
i had to start it, it was weird having the title say never.

TitanHope
09-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Darn you DChess! We can't help it that us AFC Southers are a bit on the quiet side. Oh well. I was kinda hoping a Team Leader would be the one to start it...I guess you'll do. ;)

But, while I'm here, GO TITANS!!! Chris Brown is a beast of burden!

comahan
09-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Three teams start 1-0 in our division.

TitanHope
09-09-2007, 03:56 PM
And only because 2 of them had to play each other... We could have gone 4-0 as a division...or 2-2... But 4-0 sounds much better to my ego!

Dam8610
09-09-2007, 07:54 PM
What happened to the Jaguars' run defense? Stroud + Henderson = 282 rushing yards?! :confused:

TitanHope
09-09-2007, 08:12 PM
My guess is that Stroud, Heyward, and Peterson aren't 100% recovered from their injuries last year. That, and our underrated O-line played extremely well. Chris Brown would be through the line before Stroud or Henderson could even touch him. Not to mention, the Jag defense had to account for Vince Young on every play. I think Peterson was used to spy the QB, but I'm not sure.

TitanAddict
09-10-2007, 10:44 PM
My theory is that Vince Young is deflecting the Madden jinx upon the rest of the AFC South. He's already hit Byron Leftwich, obviously, and I think we should count David Carr, too. I didn't expect for him to hit the Jag's run D, though. I guess we shouldn't be surprised if Peyton Manning somehow has a down year. He lit up the Saints, but I think Manning is mentally strong enough that Vince will probably have to make eye contact in order to deflect the jinx upon him. Lesser beings, such as Leftwich and Carr, don't require eye contact.

Just my honest opinion. :)

TitanAddict
09-10-2007, 10:47 PM
By the way, I want to congratulate the Texans and Jags on their improved QB situations. As an outsider looking in, it would seem that Matt Schaub and David Garrard will definitely improve your offenses.

Here's to the AFC South being the best division in football this year. Cheers!

comahan
09-10-2007, 11:42 PM
My theory is that Vince Young is deflecting the Madden jinx upon the rest of the AFC South. He's already hit Byron Leftwich, obviously, and I think we should count David Carr, too. I didn't expect for him to hit the Jag's run D, though. I guess we shouldn't be surprised if Peyton Manning somehow has a down year. He lit up the Saints, but I think Manning is mentally strong enough that Vince will probably have to make eye contact in order to deflect the jinx upon him. Lesser beings, such as Leftwich and Carr, don't require eye contact.

Just my honest opinion. :)

If that is indeed the case, then I should thank VY for getting rid of Carr.

Thank you, Mr. Young.

yourfavestoner
09-10-2007, 11:57 PM
The problem with the Jags run defense is that the defensive line has been depleted with injuries. Stroud is coming off offseason microfracture ankle surgery; Henderson's neck/shoulder/thing is tweaked or something; and Del Rio stated earlier this week that Hayward probably won't ever be the same player he was before his Achilles tear.

TitanAddict
09-11-2007, 12:35 PM
The problem with the Jags run defense is that the defensive line has been depleted with injuries. Stroud is coming off offseason microfracture ankle surgery; Henderson's neck/shoulder/thing is tweaked or something; and Del Rio stated earlier this week that Hayward probably won't ever be the same player he was before his Achilles tear.

Well, that kinda hurts my Madden jinx deflection theory ... at least for the Jags run D. I still think VY will somehow hit Peyton with it, though. Maybe Peyton will deflect the jinx upon Jim Sorgi.

Madden --> VY
VY --> David Carr
VY --> Byron Leftwich
VY --> Peyton Manning
Peyton Manning --> Jim Sorgi

Mark it down ...

TitanHope
09-11-2007, 02:04 PM

That, and they can't shed blocks or tackle on the first try.

smittyjs
09-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Mario Williams TD's 1
Reggie Bush TD's 0

OMG Mario Williams was the worst pick ever....:eek: not

yourfavestoner
09-11-2007, 09:56 PM
I missed you smitty.

smittyjs
09-12-2007, 05:05 PM
I missed you smitty.I was busy this summer, but i'm back now.

yourfavestoner
09-12-2007, 06:27 PM
I was busy this summer, but i'm back now.

Good. I needed the other Pac Man fan on here.

comahan
09-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Hey hey! Im a Pacman fan.

comahan
09-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Good. I needed the other Pac Man fan on here.

Ediiiiiiittttttttedddddd for double post.

TitanHope
09-13-2007, 08:18 PM
http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/091307/jag_199224792.shtml

The Jacksonville Jaguars game vs the Atlanta Falcons has been blacked out and will not be televised by the local news media in Jacksonville. The team says that it still has around 4,000 tickets to sell. They are not asking for an extension, either.

I'm not exactly surprised, but its unfortunate. I know that if I couldn't see a Titans game, I'd be very upset. Sorry guys, but it seems the "L.A. Jaguars" jokes has gone from jeering to a legitimate possibility.

Pit Bull #53
09-13-2007, 09:00 PM
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/4430/pacbe8.png

hahahah

comahan
09-13-2007, 11:15 PM
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/4430/pacbe8.png

hahahah

Its actually pretty funny how theyve scripted his role in the company. Pacman pisses everyone off, and Ron Killings (the other guy there) does all the work (cause pacman cant wrestle) And after killings beats them down, pacman spraypaints "Pac" onto their back. Or in this case, he pins them to win the titles after the team hes facing turns on each other :P

TitanHope
09-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Titles for PacMan: 1
Titles for the Titans: ...fudge you Goodell!

yourfavestoner
09-16-2007, 11:35 PM
So is there any more doubt that David Carr sucks and Houston just needed a real quarterback?

Geo
09-16-2007, 11:40 PM
I would think not, and readily admit that I was wrong. I didn't think Schaub would come in and play so well immediately, and that the offensive line would improve so much so soon with him behind center (zero sacks at Carolina surprises/impresses me greatly). Well done.

The Colts play at Houston next weekend, looks like another tough divisional game.

Shiver
09-18-2007, 02:44 AM
Andre Johnson is "doubtful." The Colts just dodged a bullet.

MaxV
09-18-2007, 09:08 AM
Damn, AFC South is really deep this year.

Geo
09-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Major news for the Jaguars and the AFC South: (http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/091807/jag_200401976.shtml)

Sensabaugh could be out for year

VITO STELLINO/The Times-Union
Last modified 9/18/2007 - 6:13 am

Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio said during a news conference Monday that safety Gerald Sensabaugh will likely undergo shoulder surgery and be lost for the season.

Sensabaugh is getting a second opinion about the injury.

The Jaguars, who let safety Deon Grant leave in free agency for Seattle in the offseason, now find themselves short at the position. They'll have to play veteran Sammy Knight in place of Sensabaugh or move cornerback Brian Williams to safety and play Scott Starks or veteran Aaron Glenn at cornerback.

The injuries also continue to pile up on the defensive line. Del Rio said defensive tackle John Henderson would not be allowed to have any contact in practice this week because he took a blow to the head in Sunday's 13-7 victory over Atlanta.

TitanHope
09-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Colts over the Texans, 30-24.

Lol, anyone else hear the Houston fans blowing whistles like crazy on the Colts' last drive?

MaxV
09-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Both of these road games were tough for Colts. There are no more gimmes in the division.

TitanHope
09-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Found this on a Saints forum:

http://cache.deadspin.com/sports/vinceyoung.gif

Just thought I'd share it with everyone. :)

yourfavestoner
09-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Both of these road games were tough for Colts. There are no more gimmes in the division.

Our division is emerging as the premier one in the NFL. All four teams are going to be in the playoff race at season's end.

Geo
09-24-2007, 02:01 PM
Colts over the Texans, 30-24.

Lol, anyone else hear the Houston fans blowing whistles like crazy on the Colts' last drive?
You know, I did. Especially the third down before the Colts punted, I think Addai heard it and almost stopped initially. That was the best atmosphere I've seen from a Texans game in probably ever. They've usually/always sold out at Reliant, but they're fully behind the much-improved Texans squad we're seeing now.

Our division is emerging as the premier one in the NFL. All four teams are going to be in the playoff race at season's end.
It definitely is. All four teams continue to do a great job of bringing in very good talent to add to very good coaching, and we're seeing the results. I think all four teams could play anyone in the league and give them a tough outing.

TitanHope
09-24-2007, 11:10 PM
Every team in the AFC South has a winning record. :)

yourfavestoner
09-25-2007, 01:56 AM
Every team in the AFC South has a winning record. :)

We're a combined 9-3, right?

Dam8610
09-25-2007, 04:05 AM
We're a combined 9-3, right?

Wow, that's true. No teams worse than 2-1. I'm sure this is the only division that can claim that. Even more crazy: the AFC South has only lost to the AFC South (Titans defeat Jaguars, Colts defeat Titans, Colts defeat Texans).

datchapin
09-25-2007, 08:33 PM
Yes man! We are the best division in football thus far. Wow, it feels good to acknowledge that.

LonghornsLegend
09-26-2007, 01:43 AM
I guess you guys could say the division is even more so important this year, it might be tough to get a wildcard team out of this division because of playing eachother so many times and knocking eachother out...The Texans are going to have to deal with some big injuries already in the season though

The Unseen
09-26-2007, 05:52 AM
I guess you guys could say the division is even more so important this year, it might be tough to get a wildcard team out of this division because of playing eachother so many times and knocking eachother out...The Texans are going to have to deal with some big injuries already in the season though

The Jaguars have always played poorly in the division. It's not as if it wasn't important in those years, but it's imperative this year.

It's taken awhile, but it seems the AFC South is "coming into it's own." Technically, that wouldn't mean much if the Colts won for the 6th straight time, but a 4-way (or at least 3-way) competition would mean alot for future years.

Pit Bull #53
09-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Our division is too nice. I don't even dislike any of you.

TitanHope
09-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Oh yeah, well **** you, Pit Bull!

I sowwy... I's just a jokin'...

Anyway, I have a feeling that the AFC South will be like the SEC. If our teams didn't have to play each other, and in doing so knocking each other out, we'd probably have multiple teams in the Playoffs every year.

I remember in the early 2000's when the Titans, Colts, and Jaguars were all awesome teams. Ahhh, good times, good times.

MaxV
09-27-2007, 07:02 PM
Well, I believe that 2 teams can make the playoffs out this division.

It's true that we have to play each other, and all 4 teams in the divisions are tough, but we are also matched with 2 fairly mediocre divisions (AFC West and NFC South).

I'm not saying we'll sweep all the games with those teams (probably not), but we probably should win the vast majority of them.

yourfavestoner
10-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Our division is too nice. I don't even dislike any of you.

It's because there are no idiot AFC South homers on this board.

Dam8610
10-03-2007, 01:26 AM
It's because there are no idiot AFC South homers on this board.

...and we certainly don't need anyone to fill that role.

jag
10-06-2007, 09:24 PM
I love you guys

TitanHope
10-07-2007, 04:36 PM
So far, the AFC South is 3-0 today. Lets see if the Colts can hold off the juggernaut that is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

MaxV
10-07-2007, 09:30 PM
So far, the AFC South is 3-0 today. Lets see if the Colts can hold off the juggernaut that is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Make it 4-0.

Damn, last place team could very well be 9-7 in this division.

TitanHope
10-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Who is in last place?

*thinks for a minute*

The Texans? And they're 3-2, right? Wow...

Honestly, is there a legitimate chance that the AFC South sends 2 or more teams into the playoffs?

MaxV
10-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Who is in last place?

*thinks for a minute*

The Texans? And they're 3-2, right? Wow...

Honestly, is there a legitimate chance that the AFC South sends 2 or more teams into the playoffs?

Yes, as I've stated before, despite the fact that we have to play each other, there is a VERY good chance that 2 teams will make it out of this division.

- Only the Pats are playoff-caliber team in the AFC East.
- AFC West has been TERRIBLE this year. I doubt they'll send more then 1 team to the playoffs.
- In the AFC North, Steelers are good, they'll be there, but who else looks like a playoff team there? Bengals have no D, Ravens have no O and there is no way Browns will make it.

Now, it's VERY unlikely that AFC South will send 3 teams, but I believe that they should send 2.

TitanHope
10-07-2007, 09:51 PM
I agree with you on that. I think the Colts are a lock for the postseason. If the Titans played like they did today, I don't think they'll make it. If they played like they did in the first three, then they have a chance. The Jaguars aren't the team I saw in week one. They've won tough road games at Denver and KC. I'd say they have a good chance. If the Texans can get Andre Johnson back, then they have a shot, but if not, I don't think they can.

If nothing else, this division is proving to be the most competitive and interesting in the AFC. Maybe even in the NFL.

MaxV
10-07-2007, 10:00 PM
It also helps that we are matched up with mediocre divisions (NFC South and AFC West).

Our Division is already combined 10-1 against the teams in those 2 divisions.

Geo
10-07-2007, 10:05 PM
At this point, I'm fully convinced the AFC South is the best division in football.

Second is probably the NFC East, given how much better their defenses are this season.

MaxV
10-07-2007, 10:19 PM
At this point, I'm fully convinced the AFC South is the best division in football.

Second is probably the NFC East, given how much better their defenses are this season.

I agree. Here's how I would rank them at this point:

1. AFC South....4 quality teams.
2. NFC East....Dallas is great and the other 3 teams have the talent also.
3. NFC West....Wide open division, with 3 solid teams, no great teams though.
4. AFC North....Steelers look great but overall this division has been a bit of a disappointment so far. The Browns have played surprisingly well though.
5. NFC South....Bucs look solid, as do Panthers, but Saints and Falcons stink.
6. NFC North....Packers have played great and Lions could have the best season in awhile, but Bears and Vikes have looked mediocre.
7. AFC East....Pats are awesome, but there's nothing else here.
8. AFC West....Raiders are the leaders with a 2-2 record, 'nuff said. Chargers have looked great today, so perhaps they will still become the team they were suppose to be.

Pit Bull #53
10-08-2007, 08:20 PM
This just in:

Pacman is a gangstaaa. I saw him on TNA the other night throw a football and hit Bubba Ray (can't remember what they call him now) in the back of the head hahahaha

datchapin
10-10-2007, 09:28 PM
Terell Davis don't know bout' that AFC South. He called everyone outside the Colts boring. Said we turning into a defensive division. It's what the hell do you expect from a division that got's to deal with Manning. Besides our divisions hits are plenty entertaining. TD tripping.

MaxV
10-10-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm surprised TD would say that.

Teams that run the ball well and defend well are always dangerous. He should know that.

It may not be pretty, but it's effective.

OzTitan
10-10-2007, 09:42 PM
I never understand how people can call defensive football boring. Ok, maybe from a fair weather 'play Madden on rookie' fan, but from an ex player like TD? Games where defense shines through make me tingle with satisfaction.

Dam8610
10-10-2007, 10:19 PM
I love defensive football...when the Colts have to stop the other team.

As for the rest of your defenses? I enjoy watching the look of frustration on their faces as Peyton Manning picks them apart.

TitanHope
10-14-2007, 08:31 AM
Jags vs Texans today, and no competitive banter? Shame on you guys...

I'll start...

*Ahem*

You both suck.

;)

The Unseen
10-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Jags vs Texans today, and no competitive banter? Shame on you guys...

I'll start...

*Ahem*

You both suck.

;)

Why thank you.

But yeah, it was an interesting game. Turned from a competitive mess early on into a drubbing for the Jaguars.

MaxV
10-14-2007, 07:40 PM
Next week's Colts vs. Jags game is HUGE.

The Jags have the same running game as last year and the same D, the one difference is they are finally getting good play from their QB position. Garrard has been outstanding.

The Colts are playing great O, as always, but this year their D has played very well also. They are a lot more physical this year.

I fully expect a close contest and I hope Colts can come away with a W.

MaxV
10-14-2007, 07:40 PM
BTW, I hope Vince Young is ok.

Dam8610
10-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Next week's Colts vs. Jags game is HUGE.

First place in the South on the line yet again, as it was in both of the last 2 divisional games.

ManningEnvy
10-16-2007, 02:38 PM
I never understand how people can call defensive football boring. Ok, maybe from a fair weather 'play Madden on rookie' fan, but from an ex player like TD? Games where defense shines through make me tingle with satisfaction.

Good for you. That will be the only tingle you get this year because Young and your offense sucks.

TitanHope
10-17-2007, 06:16 AM
Well...you suck!!!

FACE!!!

The Unseen
10-17-2007, 06:18 AM
Well...you suck!!!

FACE!!!

ohhhh snap!

yourfavestoner
10-17-2007, 03:41 PM
Bunch of tramps in here...

TitanHope
10-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Boring tramps...

Geo
10-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Great division play this week:

Tennessee at Houston
Indianapolis at Jacksonville

Consider Tennessee and Houston are coming off losses, in physical games, so it should be a tough, close game there.

Pit Bull #53
10-19-2007, 08:06 PM

Tennessee at Houston

Consider Tennessee and Houston are coming off losses, in physical games, so it should be a tough, close game there.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4396/kfcex5.jpg

yourfavestoner
10-21-2007, 03:43 AM
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4396/kfcex5.jpg

I actually lol'd at that.

OzTitan
10-21-2007, 08:08 AM
Sadly, so did I.

Geo
10-21-2007, 07:22 PM

Tennessee at Houston

Hmm ... :)

TitanHope
10-21-2007, 10:21 PM
At the end of the 3rd QTR I had mad respect for Sage Rosenfels, but at the beginning of the 4th QTR I was like **** Sage Rosenfels. What he did was uncalled for. It was a low, dirty comeback attempt. He tried to come at us when we thought it was over. Like a scarecrow, he had courage. I'm sorry he lost, but it was a cheapshot. Thats all I have to say about it.

TitanHope
10-22-2007, 11:08 PM
Titans are 2nd in the division!

*turns on MC Hammer*

Can't touch this!

*does the crab walk*

The Unseen
10-22-2007, 11:18 PM
Well, that sucked.

The Unseen
10-29-2007, 10:21 AM
The Texans are falling out of it, but the division still remains excellent. 7-0 and two 5-2s will do that for ya.

MaxV
11-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Once again, every team in the division is .500 or better.

3 playoff teams from this division is a possibility, especially considering that most other AFC teams are struggling and Colts, Jags and Titans all have a fairly managable schedule remaining.

yourfavestoner
11-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Trampass schnackcakes.

RCAChainGang
11-18-2007, 10:30 PM
I beleive the Texans are a great team with Andre Johnson healthy. I would go out on a limb and say he's a top 5 receiver. Schaub hooks up nice with him.

Geo
11-25-2007, 09:59 AM
Houston Texans offensive coordinator/assistant head coach Mike Sherman is reportedly one of the top candidates for the Texas A&M head coaching job. (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5326453.html)

Take it, Mike.

Geo
11-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Texas A&M hires Mike Sherman (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D8T5FSO00.html)

Good hire (plus it hurts the Texans which is a bonus).

RCAChainGang
11-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Texas A&M hires Mike Sherman (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D8T5FSO00.html)

Good hire (plus it hurts the Texans which is a bonus).

Agreed Good luck to sherman

Geo
11-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Week 13 is an Incredible Hulk-big weekend for the AFC South.

Houston at Tennessee 1:00 PM
This is a playoff game imo, as both team's playoff chances rest on this game. Probably moreso the Texans as they are 5-6, but the Titans at 6-5 need to end their losing streak before they get too far behind Jacksonville and Cleveland in the wild card race.

Jacksonville at Indianapolis 1:00 PM
This could have playoff-like atmosphere as well, as the Jags likely need to win this game to have a chance at the division crown, or at least to stay in front of the pack for the wild card. The Colts know this and will get ready for their biggest game remaining, to put themselves in great position in terms of both the division and the conference. Hopefully some of the Colts' injured players are healthier and able to play in this big division game, whereas the Jags are coming into this game missing their defensive leader Mike Peterson and no George Wrighster on the offensive end. Rashean Mathis may not be fully healthy himself, but he will play.

TitanHope
11-30-2007, 07:44 PM
The Titans will have Haynesworth back, so that will help their struggling DEF. I don't think he'll be the force that he was in the game at Houston, though. Andre Johnson will be playing in this one too, and he was hurt in the last game. It should be interesting, but I expect the Titans to end their losing streak.

As for the Colts/Jags game, I think the Colts come out of top. As you said Geo, its a big divisional game but its also a big AFC game. Not only would Jax and Indy be tied for the lead in the division if Indy lost, but Home Field Advantage would be up for grabs with Pitt in the mix. Both teams have their lumps, but Indy is at home and I can't see them losing.

comahan
12-31-2007, 08:44 AM
From a Texans fan to... everyone else in the division...

Good luck in the playoffs, rep the division well :)

TitanHope
01-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Thanks Comahan. AFC South Represent!

It should be a good weekend of games. Also, big props to the Texans this year. You guys played great despite all your injuries, and kept the division competitive. Had ya'll stayed healthy, the AFC South would have been in the same circumstances as the SEC is; The inter-league/division play forces the teams to beat one another up, and thus diminishes post-season opportunities. But, I think this is the first year of a new great division's era.

MaxV
01-15-2008, 03:16 PM
Well, off-season time for the best division in the NFL.

Who would've guessed that among all the good teams that went into the playoffs from AFC South and NFC East, only the Giants remain?

The Unseen
01-18-2008, 05:42 AM
Yeah, the AFC South didn't represent well in the playoffs, the Jags getting the only win of the bunch. Next year may not be as competitive since it's hard to repeat such historic levels, but it should be a fun one nonetheless.

TitanHope
05-06-2008, 08:18 PM
I am of the opinion that the AFC South teams were just too good in the regular season, so they didn't feel challenged when the Playoffs came. Thus, the lack luster performance in the Playoffs.

As for next year, I'd say the Colts and the Jags make it in definitely. Tennessee can make it if they can stay healthy, but it depends on VY's progression as a QB. I like the moves they've made, though I think swapping Odom for basically Jason Jones was a stupid move. Cleveland has made improvements, but they play the AFC South and NFC North, so their strength of schedule is tougher (which will help them if they're tied, but wins will come less easily). For whatever reason, I don't see the Jets or Bills being better than Tennessee or Cleveland. I think the Jets bought their way to an 8-8/9-7 season, but that doesn't make the Playoffs in the AFC. The Bills played well last year despite numerous injuries, but so did other teams. I dunno their schedules though, so it could be like the '06 season when the Jets made the Playoffs after facing a super easy schedule.

We'll see though. I just can't wait for football to start... *starts twitching*

datchapin
02-27-2009, 03:57 PM
So now that Albert's gone how does that shake up the division, also Harrison left the Colts. What are the Jags planning to do to improve.

I know the Texans dropped a few players to open up cap space, we franchised D-rob in order to try and hammer out a deal. Gave Owen Daniels the higest tender. I think our team will come out much improved IF our new defensive coaching steps it up. Thoughts?

TitanHope
03-15-2009, 06:09 PM
So now that Albert's gone how does that shake up the division

The Titans shall actually blitz now!!! Muahahahaha!!!

Ahem..

Texans: The biggest tease team in the NFL. The script:

Non-AFC South fans: Texanz are my sleeper team!

Non-Texans AFC South fans: Lulz...

Weeks 1-8: Texans go 2-6, Matt Schaub gets hurt, Super Mario gets 3 sacks in a game, MarioPalmer creates a thread spreading his greatness, Super Mario goes sackless for 3 games, Colts and Titans fans call him over-rated while Jags fans are too cool for skool, and it winds down with Andre Johnson being a beast, and Dunta Robinson getting hurt.

Weeks 9-16: Texans are out of the Playoff picture, and they led by Matt Schaub in a sling go 6-2 down the stretch when the pressure is off. Finish the year 8-8, and once again become everyone's underdog/sleeper team next season since they ended the season strongly.

Thus, the never ending process repeats itself.

Why will this year be any different?

The Colts won't miss Harrison. The only loss I'd be worried about is Dungy, but that is only because I have so much respect for him.

The Jags need to settle their OL issues, and need Harvey and Groves to have an impact on their passrush.

Titans system will help them withstand the loss of Haynesworth, but losing a player of that caliber isn't something to shrug off. Plus, how will Chuck Cecil differ from Jim Schwartz?

DoughBoy
05-03-2009, 10:05 AM
I feel Haynesworth is way overated, Not that he isnt a great player but he was only on the feild abut 56% of the time. I dont think he was near as dominate as he was the first part of last year. Jason Jones, Tony Brown, Jovan Haye, and SenDerrick Marks is a pretty beastly rotation if you ask me.

Dam8610
05-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Texans: The biggest tease team in the NFL. The script:

Non-AFC South fans: Texanz are my sleeper team!

Non-Texans AFC South fans: Lulz...

Weeks 1-8: Texans go 2-6, Matt Schaub gets hurt, Super Mario gets 3 sacks in a game, MarioPalmer creates a thread spreading his greatness, Super Mario goes sackless for 3 games, Colts and Titans fans call him over-rated while Jags fans are too cool for skool, and it winds down with Andre Johnson being a beast, and Dunta Robinson getting hurt.

Weeks 9-16: Texans are out of the Playoff picture, and they led by Matt Schaub in a sling go 6-2 down the stretch when the pressure is off. Finish the year 8-8, and once again become everyone's underdog/sleeper team next season since they ended the season strongly.

Thus, the never ending process repeats itself.

Why will this year be any different?

You're onto something here, the Texans love has already begun...

DoughBoy
05-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Houston got another team? When did this happen?!?!?!?

TitanHope
05-03-2009, 11:58 PM
You're onto something here, the Texans love has already begun...

Soon it shall consume us all...

The Texans will have to stay healthy to have a shot at the Playoffs, because they have the players to be competitive. I don't think Jax is getting enough respect. I think the division will be a lot like the '07 season.

DoughBoy
05-13-2009, 03:45 PM
VOTE YOU FOOLS!!!

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33769

TitanHope
05-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Had the Titans retained Haynesworth, it'd be a landslide AFCS win. But, we didn't, so the AFCN will win. More AFCN fans on this site, and people like the allure of Pittsburgh-Baltimore combo defense. Lots of hardcore fans on SWDC, and they prefer defense.

I honest to goodness would think we'd win though, but it'd essentially be the unstoppable force against the immovable object. Good job voting and debating though guys! (we pwned teh debate part! :p :D) It's a shame this was the first matchup, as I think these two divisions are the two best of the 4 AFC teams.

It'll probably be AFC North vs NFC East in the final one

Brothgar
07-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Tomorrow! 11AM - 1PM EST the inaugural episode of the gridiron chefs. We will breakdown the entire AFC South off season, draft, fantasy and predictions! Also I am going to have a special guest Mr. JBond himself Shane P Hallam will be joining us!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/sportcitychefs/2010/07/11/the-gridiron-chefs

yourfavestoner
07-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Lol I just realized there are posts on this page going back to 2007.

TitanHope
07-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Where the hell did Geo go?

MaxV
10-10-2010, 07:49 PM
So, are all AFC South teams tied for first place? Or for last?

TitanHope
10-29-2010, 10:17 PM
So, are all AFC South teams tied for first place? Or for last?

It's cool. The Titans took care of this situation last week.

http://levistey0.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/sloth_shades.gif

http://omgif.gosedesign.net/wp-content/deal-with-it.gif

http://bukk.it/deal.gif

http://goofygifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/funny-animated-gifs-deal-with-it.gif

http://gickr.com/results4/anim_dc083c66-28f6-0914-31f8-4aca86d3ea10.gif

TitanHope
11-30-2010, 09:46 PM
Thread is now stickied, and I'll be updating the the division matchups in the title as they come up each week.

This week we have the Jaguars at Titans (1:00) as the only division game. The Texans are up against the Eagles at Philly on Thursday Night Football (8:20). The Colts are hosting the Cowboys (4:15 PM).

So since no games overlap, hopefully most of us can catch all the action. If any of you guys have any analysis that you usually post in your team forums pre-or-post game, then by all means copy and paste here to keep the talking flowing.

TitanHope
12-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Tough week. We went 1-3, and the one win was cause J'Ville beat Tennessee in a division game.

Next week there's only one divisional matchup, Tennessee and Indy on TNF. Texans have a tough matchup against Baltimore, and the Jags take on a Raiders team that just rolled the Chargers.

jjmt2500
12-07-2010, 02:44 AM
Jax 7-5
Indy 6-6
Hou 5-7
Ten 5-7

WTF!!!! This was one of the strongest divisions in all of football, now its turning into one of the weakest. Looks like we may have a 9-7 division winner.

MaxV
12-07-2010, 07:05 AM
Every team in the division has dealt with various problems.

jjmt2500
12-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Every team in the division has dealt with various problems.

yeah
Indy- injuries
Ten - VY
Hou - Kubs
Jax - looking good

Next year Indy will be healthy and back to normal, this was the year to over take them, and Jax is the only team making an attempt to do so.

TitanHope
12-09-2010, 10:34 PM
*screams from cliff top*

Damn you, Peyton Manning! DAMN YOU!!!

jjmt2500
12-09-2010, 11:11 PM
I was really pulling for Tenn to win this one, even though Peyton is my fantasy QB haha. Would of made the division race a lot more interesting. As much as i like Fisher, and hope hes coaching the Texans next year haha, I dont understand not going for it on 4 and 1. Yeah if you dont get it you give up good field position, but you have to take chances if your gonna beat Peyton.

TitanHope
12-11-2010, 01:55 AM
I was really pulling for Tenn to win this one, even though Peyton is my fantasy QB haha. Would of made the division race a lot more interesting. As much as i like Fisher, and hope hes coaching the Texans next year haha, I dont understand not going for it on 4 and 1. Yeah if you dont get it you give up good field position, but you have to take chances if your gonna beat Peyton.

I don't think anyone does. In fact, I have waaaay more problems with this than with Fish's clock management in the final 30 seconds, which I don't think was as bad as the execution/playcalling in that time.

TitanHope
12-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Does it piss off Texans fans when announcers and commentators call them the "Houston Oilers" or "Houston Titans?"

Chris Carter said the latter today, but I see guys say something like this at least twice a year. I've never once had a Freudian slip like this and it's not even my job to cover these teams...

jjmt2500
12-14-2010, 12:20 AM
Does it piss off Texans fans when announcers and commentators call them the "Houston Oilers" or "Houston Titans?"

Chris Carter said the latter today, but I see guys say something like this at least twice a year. I've never once had a Freudian slip like this and it's not even my job to cover these teams...

If the word "WIN" came after someone calling us the "Houston Oilers" or "Houston Titans" i wouldnt mind haha. Nah it doesnt bother me, I was a huge Oiler fan as a kid, and when they left i was a big Titan fan until we got the Texans. What bothers me is when Matt Millen kept calling Duane Brown "Jammal Brown" during the Eagle game.

datchapin
12-15-2010, 03:33 PM

yes.......

TitanHope
12-16-2010, 07:37 AM
Big weekend coming up. The division is matched up within itself. J'Ville and Indy for what could be for the division crown, and Titans at Texans in what'll probably be another fiesty battle.

jjmt2500
12-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Texans at Titans = basement bowl

datchapin
05-10-2014, 09:23 PM
Wow, I forgot this was even here.