PDA

View Full Version : Titans vs Jaguars OGT

TitanHope
09-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Tennessee beats Jacksonville, 13-10.

Titans combined for 282 yards rushing, with 175 of it coming from Chris Brown and 66 from LenDale. Vince Young looked ok, but certainly not good. 78 yards passing with a 61.1 completion percentage, a better percentage than Garrrard's 56.7. His accuracy looked shaky at time, and he threw a horribly overthrown pass that was intercepted by Mathis. I'm not worried about the 78 yards passing. We were gaining huge chunks of yards on every run, so there was no need to pass. The O-Line and D-Line, which held Jones-Drew and Taylor for a combined 56 yards rushing, played spectacular.

Garrard did well with 200+ yards passing and 1 TD. Matt Jones dropped a perfect ball for a touchdown. He had a man in his face, but still came down with it bobbling and couldn't pull it in. The defense played well in the first quarter, but stunk from then on. The secondary did well, but in the second half, the front seven couldn't stop the run if their lives depended on it. Kicker Josh Scobee struggled with an injury, which forced the Jags to go for it on 4th down when in FG range. Fortunately for the Titans, they didn't make it. The running game didn't help, and Garrard couldn't win it by himself. If the defense played well, the Jags could have very well won.

Either the Jags were way off today, or the Titans played extremely well. Probably a little bit of both, but I'm anxious to see how the two teams play in their games next week.

Pit Bull #53
09-09-2007, 05:06 PM
I thought Young looked shaky today. Not impressed aside from a couple throws and runs. He started off pretty good, but was not sharp by any stretch of the imagination for the rest of the game. Not very worried about that though. The Jags know how to play him, they showed it last year. He may always have ugly-ish games against them. As long as we win, I don't care how he plays. He should have ran that one in at about the 5 yard line, he had a wide open lane to the end zone, instead he tried to force it to Davis. That was a sure fire TD.

The OL was damn impressive today, Brown was through their DL on almost every carry without being touched.

The DL was pretty impressive, pass rush was decent, but a couple of big pass plays came because of Garrard having alot of time. Little more consistency in that department would help, but not alot of complaints. They played the run very well. Haynesworth played great.

Secondary tightened up a bit at the end but gave up a little bit. They may need some time to mesh.

Some legit weapons on the outside would be great. Maybe we don't need them to win because of Fisher's style of play, but it sure would be nice to have a stud WR to command attention and take some pressure off.

Obviously Brown looked amazing today, and LenDale even did pretty good fighting for yardage. He looked slow though.

We need to work on redzone offense.

TitanHope
09-09-2007, 05:22 PM
He should have ran that one in at about the 5 yard line, he had a wide open lane to the end zone, instead he tried to force it to Davis. That was a sure fire TD.

So true. The final should have been 17-10, but I'm not complaining. Vince looked liked he was wanting to be the pass first, run second QB today. Not that thats a bad thing, but he was forcing throws and throwing them poorly.

Pit Bull #53
09-09-2007, 05:44 PM
I thought exactly the same thing. He looked like he was trying too hard to stay in the pocket and he forced some throws. He stood in the pocket too long. He just needs to be himself and play like he always does. His legs are a weapon, he needs to use them. Who cares what people have to say about him not being a polished passer. He's not. At this point, we don't need him to be.

Fisherball is and always has been all about controlling the game by running the ball and stopping the run, having the QB make big plays and extending drives with his legs, and playing sound special teams.

stephenson86
09-10-2007, 09:19 AM
chris brown, ive always liked him, always

TitanHope
09-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Well, I was wrong about him. But, so far, I love the White/Brown combo. I still want White to start, and I think 'Dale softening up the defense helped a fresh Chris Brown. But Chris just played lights out. I can't wait for the Colts game next week! I should be in a McDonald's commercial, cuz I'm lovin' it!

smittyjs
09-10-2007, 05:13 PM
CB looked like he did in the 04 season, with his huge runs, most he also was able to always get postive yards, but Jags run Defense was off so bad and i still can't figure that out, overall we looked good, but as everyone has said, Young was shaky and need to show improvements next week. But it fells GREAT to start the season with a win, first time since 04 right?? And it was in the divison huge win for us.

Pit Bull #53
09-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Everyone knows Brown can run the ball effectively. He is one of the best in the league at getting skinny and slipping through a crease.

His true test will be to show that he can hold up....just like always.