PDA

View Full Version : Washington Vs. Ohio State

jballa838
09-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Washington will win this game, yes or no?
I say yes, because Jake Locker is phenominal and they are solid across the board.

EDIT: Plus its at Husky Stadium

Tubby
09-09-2007, 07:09 PM
I voted UW because I'm a homer.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
09-09-2007, 07:12 PM
I like the progress Washington is making, but OSU wins in a close one.

RyanLeaf#1
09-09-2007, 07:15 PM
I want to see what the line is that will tell me alot. Washington was a 3 point favorite vs Syracuse and a 3 point dog vs Boise. So im very curious.

bearsfan_51
09-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Seriously? Ohio State is going to munch on them.

SuperKevin
09-09-2007, 07:34 PM
I think Ohio State's QB play is so bad that they won't win this. Washington has an above average run defense and should be able to contain Wells.

23trufant
09-09-2007, 08:03 PM
I like the progress Washington is making, but OSU wins in a close one.

exactly what i am thinking

princefielder28
09-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Ohio State has not impressed in either of their two games, Washngton just came off a big win against Boise State, and it's at Husky Stadium.............Washington!

soybean
09-09-2007, 08:04 PM

don't listen to the preseason hype.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Ty wins the big games, loses the easy ones.

RyanLeaf#1
09-09-2007, 08:17 PM

I definitely agree with that

jballa838
09-09-2007, 08:21 PM
it also depends on how well Redshirt Freshman Jake Locker does with the pressure of playing a ranked team and playing on national tv i believe. (ESPN i think)

P-L
09-09-2007, 08:25 PM
I think because it is in Washington, they have a decent chance at an upset. However, I don't see it happening. I think Ohio State wins by two or three scores.

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-09-2007, 08:27 PM
it also depends on how well Redshirt Freshman Jake Locker does with the pressure of playing a ranked team and playing on national tv i believe. (ESPN i think)Boise was ranked.

RyanLeaf#1
09-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Ohio State is favored by 3.5.... That seems about right to me

Green Bay Scat
09-09-2007, 08:48 PM
i voted Washington, things havent gone as plan this year....so whats stopping from tOSU from losing. All u need is luck and i think UW wil have more luck in this game...

RyanLeaf#1
09-09-2007, 08:52 PM
I expect Rankin to have a monster game

jballa838
09-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Boise was ranked.
sorry, i mean big 10 national power.

HoopsDemon12
09-09-2007, 08:59 PM
i voted for washington because i sence an upset on this one

thetedginnshow
09-09-2007, 09:16 PM
I have more on the line than anyone ever. I've lived in Washington basically all my life. But the day before the game, I'm taking a plane to Ohio to go become a Buckeye. If the Buckeyes win, bragging rights forever. If we lose, I go cry in my room until classes start.

BrownsTown
09-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Seriously? Come on, OSU isn't that bad. Their defense is spectacular and unless their offense lays a goose egg or something that'll be enough...

keylime_5
09-09-2007, 09:29 PM
OSU has one of the 5 best defenses in the country, maybe as high as the 3rd best overall. Ohio State is a much better team than Washington and will win one on the road. Beanie Wells looked amazing when he ran outside the tackles last week, which is nasty for a 6-1/235 man that fast. The Ohio State O-Line will need to block better and Boeckman will need to be more calm in the pocket and the offense will ride....Washington doesn't have an answer at CB for Robiskie.

My reasoning for a big OSU win Saturday afternoon is this: Washington has a decent young QB, but Ohio State doesn't have scrubs on defense, the guys who are 3rd and 4th string and considered the "scrubs" play in the 1st qtr .and the whole game, and are not far from the starters. Defensive depth and talent is gonna take the advantage; OSU is gonna maintain their current ranking as the #1 nationally in total defense.

thetedginnshow
09-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Locker reminds me exactly of Tebow. Washington's front seven is very solid. They're weak in the secondary, most especially at Safety where they're rotating players. On offense, Washington has a fairly large line, but they're not terribly athletic. I wouldn't underestimate Rankin's speed, and Marcel Reece is a monster match-up issue at around 6'3" 250 playing WR, and Anthony Russo is a Steve Smith (USC/NYG) clone. I don't particularly know how Wells will run againt that front seven, most especially with those fast linebackers, but we'll see. Washington will most likely use several trick plays, so that's a thing to watch out for. I think it should be a great game and hopefully an Ohio State win. I did say though that the best thing that could happen would be a Washington win this weekend against Boise State as then they shouldn't underestimate them. We'll have to see, but I certainly hope Ohio State comes away with this one.

jballa838
09-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Locker is better than you think keylime, decent is a huge understatement.
Kid is a beast who is huge and fast and can throw incredibly hard. UW rotates athletes at DB which is their only concern, but i am sure that they wont do that bad. Ty recruited the True Sophs down and that is where their strengths lie. Vegas only has OSU as 3.5 point favorites, just like boise state. They held Ian Johnson to few rushing yards and BSU to only 10 points. i say UW by more than 7

BrownsTown
09-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Locker is better than you think keylime, decent is a huge understatement.
Kid is a beast who is huge and fast and can throw incredibly hard. UW rotates athletes at DB which is their only concern, but i am sure that they wont do that bad. Ty recruited the True Sophs down and that is where their strengths lie. Vegas only has OSU as 3.5 point favorites, just like boise state. They held Ian Johnson to few rushing yards and BSU to only 10 points. i say UW by more than 7

BSU also has a new QB and a worse team this year. If OSU scores 10, they'll probably win considering how good their defense. I mean, they basically shut out Akron, they just scored 2 on a safety. And even if he's good, this will be the first real good defense he's faced. And I mean REAL good.

Also, OSU offensive line is better, recievers are better...if Boeckman can just try to suck as little as possible OSU takes it.

jballa838
09-09-2007, 09:58 PM
BSU also has a new QB and a worse team this year. If OSU scores 10, they'll probably win considering how good their defense. I mean, they basically shut out Akron, they just scored 2 on a safety. And even if he's good, this will be the first real good defense he's faced. And I mean REAL good.

Also, OSU offensive line is better, recievers are better...if Boeckman can just try to suck as little as possible OSU takes it.
UW has a good rushing game, and they are young. I dont hold a lot of faith in OSU's D, in regards to this game. UW has a potent Rushing Offense which could lead to a good match-up. i say Boeckman makes too many mistakes in this one which will hurt the buckeyes.

BrownsTown
09-09-2007, 10:14 PM
UW has a good rushing game, and they are young. I dont hold a lot of faith in OSU's D, in regards to this game. UW has a potent Rushing Offense which could lead to a good match-up. i say Boeckman makes too many mistakes in this one which will hurt the buckeyes.

Why wouldn't you have faith? They were a big part of the championship run last year, and didn't lose many players from last years team, they look even better.

Boeckman...he's really the only major weak spot on the team...if he can play just okay, it shouldn't be a contest.

jballa838
09-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Why wouldn't you have faith? They were a big part of the championship run last year, and didn't lose many players from last years team, they look even better.

Boeckman...he's really the only major weak spot on the team...if he can play just okay, it shouldn't be a contest.
lets just agree to disagree. ok?

BrownsTown
09-09-2007, 10:20 PM

At least until they play ;)

RyanLeaf#1
09-09-2007, 10:20 PM

You are right Rankin and Locker definitely are a good duel rushing threat. Rankin had an awesome HB pass this week too.

YAYareaRB
09-09-2007, 10:26 PM
My brother Mason Foster is gonna ball out on kick off!

Michigan
09-09-2007, 10:27 PM
I'll take OSU by 2 TD's.

RyanLeaf#1
09-09-2007, 10:34 PM
WOW just look at Washington next 5 games. It doesnt get any harder then that:

Ohio State
ULCA
USC
@Arizona State
Oregon

thetedginnshow
09-09-2007, 10:59 PM
Yeah, they have a monster schedule. And of course the Apple Cup is always good, and they end the year at Hawaii.

Turtlepower
09-09-2007, 11:01 PM
I predicted Washington would upset OSU the first week of August and everyone called me a PAC-10 homer and laughed. We'll see who is laughing this weekend... Probably me. =D

RyanLeaf#1
09-09-2007, 11:07 PM
I predicted Washington would upset OSU the first week of August and everyone called me a PAC-10 homer and laughed. We'll see who is laughing this weekend... Probably me. =D

Willingham was on the hot seat before the season started. If Washington beats Ohio State this weekend. Hes absolutelu off that seat.

thetedginnshow
09-09-2007, 11:18 PM
People were just stupid. And Ty actually wasn't really on the hot seat as much as people think. He was going to be given his time, because it's obvious that it'd be difficult to revamp the program overnight. It was mostly national speculation due to all those morons that though Weis was better than Willingham.

RyanLeaf#1
09-09-2007, 11:19 PM
People were just stupid. And Ty actually wasn't really on the hot seat as much as people think. He was going to be given his time, because it's obvious that it'd be difficult to revamp the program overnight. It was mostly national speculation due to all those morons that though Weis was better than Willingham.

Well your really not going to try and compare them are you?

P-L
09-10-2007, 04:52 AM
This poll is absurd. I think Washington has a small chance at the upset, but I'd bet Ohio State beats them handily. Jake Locker has played unbelievable, but he is unexperienced and has never seen a defense like the one he'll see Saturday. I'll take the Buckeyes, 34-10.

thetedginnshow
09-10-2007, 04:55 AM
Well your really not going to try and compare them are you?

Nah. No point. Too many ND homers here. It doesn't really matter all that much to me anyway.

Sniper
09-10-2007, 08:54 AM
I like OSU in a close one. Wells has been quiet so far and I think he's going to explode for a big game. Ohio State's D should contain Locker.

bearsfan_51
09-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Yeah this poll really is absurd. Are people really buying into the Boise State hype that much, or is the stigma against the Big Ten so much that people think every team is set up for failure?

keylime_5
09-10-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm pretty sure that OSU's pass rush and ball hawks are a little more than what Washington has seen so far in a Syracuse team that hasn't won since 2005 and a Boise State team that is rebuilding at every position except LT and RB. Potential is there for an upset, mainly b/c the game's in a very tough road venue in Seattle and there is limited game film on J.Locker, but in the end the kid's still a freshman QB facing the first real defense he's ever faced, which happens to be one of the 3 best nationally. OSU should absolutely win unless they shoot themselves in the foot a lot offensively like last week, but I think that was more of an abbaration and not a trend.

RyanLeaf#1
09-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Im starting to lean towards Ohio State now myself. Ohio State looked terrible last week in the win over Akron. They are do to have a good game. Washington on the other hand has won 2 games pretty convincingly and havent played a team on Ohio States level. Would love to see Washington win, but I think Ohio State is going to take it.

Turtlepower
09-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Im starting to lean towards Ohio State now myself. Ohio State looked terrible last week in the win over Akron. They are do to have a good game. Washington on the other hand has won 2 games pretty convincingly and havent played a team on Ohio States level. Would love to see Washington win, but I think Ohio State is going to take it.

At least Washington has played a couple of BCS conference teams.

Sniper
09-10-2007, 10:52 AM
At least Washington has played a couple of BCS conference teams.

That doesn't change the fact that they're going to lose to O-State

keylime_5
09-10-2007, 02:04 PM

Correction, Ohio State's offense looked terrible last week. Akron got 2 first downs on their first 2 drives, and later got a first down in the 4th quarter, but went 3 and out after all 3 of them. OSU' defense was more dominant than it has been since 2005 when AJ Hawk, Bobby Carpenter, Donte Whitner, and co. were on that defense. They are gonna be a fierce team to score points on this season, they have overachieved thus far. But yeah, if OSU's offense makes as many mistakes as it did the first half against Akron it'll be tough to win against Washington.

San Diego Chicken
09-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Yeah this poll really is absurd. Are people really buying into the Boise State hype that much, or is the stigma against the Big Ten so much that people think every team is set up for failure?

Ohio State has proven nothing so far. Their defense has looked impressive against sub-par competition at home so far, but that same defense bled 42 points against Florida, and 39 against Michigan before that. And the offense has gone conservative and doesn't appear to have any real playmakers... It seems like OSU is just living off of it's good name right now. I don't see a top 10 team at all.

JoeMontainya
09-10-2007, 03:44 PM

Tressell wins the big games and wins the easy games soooooo what is your point?

JoeMontainya
09-10-2007, 03:47 PM

Its really hard when a Washington fan is trying to tell us that the Buckeyes D isnt that impressive. I mean that is so far off it isnt even funny. You should have just stuck to the point that our offense leaves much to desire, at least then you would have been completely right instead of completely wrong.

It will be a close game IMO. But even with a struggling offense, OSU wins this game 9 times out of 10 year in and year out.

JoeMontainya
09-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Here is the fact most people forget about OSU and its proven., they play to the level of their competition no matter what.

remember games against Bowling Green etc? Everyone knew before the season started that when we play Ohio schools, that is will be close, because the players on most of these schools more than likely were even recruited by OSU at one point.

Who honestly thinks Washington's freshmen QB can beat one of the best D's in the country? Even if our offense never scores a TD, we still have a better chance at winning this game.

JoeMontainya
09-10-2007, 03:56 PM

I gaurantee that you have never even seen Boakman play because none of our games have been on TV yet, but for some reason your predicting he will make mistakes because of box scores you might have seen or highlights on ESPN? Face it, other than ESPN you have no clue about OSU's team this year.

We could possibly go undefeated this year again if you look at our schedule, so why are we going to let Washington slip up on us? You dont think these recruits are salivating over a true D-1 school to prove something?

I think your really underestimating Wells and I am willing to place a personal bet that he rushes for over 150 yards.

Name one year Tressell has coached at OSU where we started the season just blowing away oppenents? Thats USC and Oklahomas style not t OSU's

OhioState
09-10-2007, 04:39 PM
our d will obliterate washington, i don't care how good you guys think Locker is. I will take OSU in a 24-3 win

jballa838
09-10-2007, 08:20 PM
our d will obliterate washington, i don't care how good you guys think Locker is. I will take OSU in a 24-3 win

I gaurantee that you have never even seen Boakman play because none of our games have been on TV yet, but for some reason your predicting he will make mistakes because of box scores you might have seen or highlights on ESPN? Face it, other than ESPN you have no clue about OSU's team this year.

you guys both contradicted each other, since Locker is yet to play on national tv. Locker is legit, i saw both games on FSN at 2 because i moved away from washington and thats when they were replayed.

duckseason
09-10-2007, 08:23 PM
you guys both contradicted each other, since Locker is yet to play on national tv. Locker is legit, i saw both games on FSN at 2 because i moved away from washington and thats when they were replayed.

Wasn't the Syracuse game national?

jballa838
09-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Wasn't the Syracuse game national?
no, it was on FSN Northwest, and since you live in the Northwest, it was live

duckseason
09-10-2007, 08:26 PM
no, it was on FSN Northwest, and since you live in the Northwest, it was live

Nah, I watched it on espn or espn 2. I don't have fsn right now. It may have been on FSN NW, but it was also national. RL#1 was watching it from philly. No biggie though.

jballa838
09-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Nah, I watched it on espn or espn 2. I don't have fsn right now. It may have been on FSN NW, but it was also national. RL#1 was watching it from philly. No biggie though.
oh ok, then thats why he knows how legit the Huskies and Locker are.

duckseason
09-10-2007, 08:30 PM
oh ok, then thats why he knows how legit the Huskies and Locker are.

Yeah I'm not exactly excited about the thought of facing him 4 years straight. He's a beast in the making for sure.

jballa838
09-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Yeah I'm not exactly excited about the thought of facing him 4 years straight. He's a beast in the making for sure.
UW has some great young talent every where, meaning in a few they could be up there near the top of the Pac 10. I just wish they send USC to like the Big 10 or something. i dont think i would want to play them every year

OhioState
09-11-2007, 02:25 PM
there was no contradiction, i am just saying that i don't care how good he is, the rest of the team will not be up to snuff

T.Smith
09-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Our Defense will be the only thing keeping us in the game, our offense just has to put up a touchdown or two. We need to come out passing, that way we can set up the run. Our O-line has not been making any holes for beanie as of late, but once they do he is gone.

SuperKevin
09-11-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm shocked at how close this poll is. Given the amount of die hard Big 10 supporters on this site i would have expected it to have been 60-40 Ohio State

RyanLeaf#1
09-11-2007, 03:17 PM
People that arent big 10 fans might be voting with their heart.

D-Unit
09-11-2007, 03:36 PM
I think Washington wins and that Hawaii will beat Washington. :D

RyanLeaf#1
09-11-2007, 03:47 PM

Hawaii barely got by Louisiana Tech... They were a 28 point favorite and won by 1. They stink

D-Unit
09-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Hawaii barely got by Louisiana Tech... They were a 28 point favorite and won by 1. They stink
Point spreads are all based off public perception. You know that. The fact that Hawaii is a 17.5 point favorite @UNLV after the entire nation saw them nearly beat #5 Wisconsin, goes to show that the public perception of what Hawaii can do to an opponent is far from "stinky".

gstock05
09-12-2007, 02:30 AM
Ohio State has more NFL talent on this defense than they have EVER had in the history of the school.

The scary thing about this team is they are playing like the cohesive unit that the 2005 squad was, and they have a scheme different to the 2006, version, and similar to the 2005 version where they blitz a LOT.

Just a FWIW.... here is the NFL talent projection on this squad....

DE- Vern Gholston, top 15
DE- Rob Rose, likely top 45 (hard to tell how high at a young age)
DT- Doug Worthington- if weight gains, likely top 50
DT- Todd Denlinger- likely top 100

LB James Laurinaitis- top 20
LB Marcus Freeman- top 60
LB Larry Grant- top 45

S- Anderson Russel- top 25
S- Kurt Coleman- top 60

CB- Malcolm Jenkins- top 25
CB- Donald Washington- top 60

And not to sound like an ass, but this is being pretty "safe" in the predictions. This is NOT the defense that got destroyed by Florida last year... or Michigan for that matter.

gstock05
09-12-2007, 02:33 AM
But regardless, my point is, I dont care how good Locker looked vs. Syracuse and Boise State, he will look terrible vs. OSU just like Colt Mccoy did vs. an inferior defense last year.

He will get sacked at least 3 times, and will likely throw at least one pick.

I understand our offense is bad...our offensive line looks terrible right now, which is hard to comprehend since it was great last year and only lost two starters. The interior line specifically has looked bad. Much of last saturday's game was in the rain, but Boekman needs to improve his reads.

IMO if we score 14 points, we'll win the game assuming the washington d doesnt score off OSU turnovers.

When I make bold statements about OSU, most of the time i'm right. Hopefully I will be this time, but this D is as good as 2002 or possibly better.

ToldLikeItIs
09-12-2007, 06:56 AM
Gstock is absolutely exaggerating, quit being a ridic. man

YAYareaRB
09-12-2007, 09:47 AM
I'm not sold on OSU.. and UW is no Youngstown St.

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-12-2007, 10:02 AM
yahn...I'll say UW wins by 14.

RyanLeaf#1
09-12-2007, 12:29 PM
yahn...I'll say UW wins by 14.

UW wins by 14??? Wow that is a bold statement. You do realize they are 4 point underdogs right?

thetedginnshow
09-12-2007, 12:39 PM
I don't know why the spreads matter all that much in making predictions. Anything can happen.

I can't wait though. Here in Washington, I've heard about how Washington is going to beat the Buckeyes from several people. I'm pretty excited about this game.

Oh and are the Huskies not ranked? How did that happen? Not even 25?

BrownsTown
09-12-2007, 02:00 PM
I don't know why the spreads matter all that much in making predictions. Anything can happen.

I can't wait though. Here in Washington, I've heard about how Washington is going to beat the Buckeyes from several people. I'm pretty excited about this game.

Oh and are the Huskies not ranked? How did that happen? Not even 25?

I think the bigger surprise is that the Huskies are up by 4 in this poll, despite OSU being ranked 12th I think, and the Huskies being unranked.

Guys, Michigan =/= OSU. Just because they suck doesn't mean OSU does. I mean, Michigan has a horrible defense this year, OSU has an amazing one.

gstock05
09-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Gstock is absolutely exaggerating, quit being a ridic. man

I'll hear you out. I was expecting multiple people to say this (and rightfully so on their behalf). I just want to hear your opinion on the exaggerations..

OhioState
09-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Ohio State has more NFL talent on this defense than they have EVER had in the history of the school.

The scary thing about this team is they are playing like the cohesive unit that the 2005 squad was, and they have a scheme different to the 2006, version, and similar to the 2005 version where they blitz a LOT.

LB Larry Grant- top 45

S- Kurt Coleman- top 60

And not to sound like an ass, but this is being pretty "safe" in the predictions. This is NOT the defense that got destroyed by Florida last year... or Michigan for that matter.

don't forget Lawrence Wilson, he has the potential to go in the first round.

soybean
09-12-2007, 06:57 PM

LB Larry Grant- top 45

S- Kurt Coleman- top 60

OHIO STATE'S GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!

jballa838
09-12-2007, 07:36 PM

LB Larry Grant- top 45

S- Kurt Coleman- top 60

So their entire defense is 1st day picks?
If that ever happens, i will salute you...

P-L
09-12-2007, 07:43 PM
You are totally exaggerating. I 100% guarantee that all eleven (or twelve if you count Lawrence Wilson) starters on the Ohio State defense will not be first day draft picks when they come out. It will be an amazing feet if all eleven even get drafted. I do not believe this Ohio State defense is the best college football defense of all-time, which is essentially what you are suggesting.

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-12-2007, 07:54 PM
yeah but they did so well against Youngstown State and Akron.

gstock05
09-12-2007, 10:37 PM
You are totally exaggerating. I 100% guarantee that all eleven (or twelve if you count Lawrence Wilson) starters on the Ohio State defense will not be first day draft picks when they come out. It will be an amazing feet if all eleven even get drafted. I do not believe this Ohio State defense is the best college football defense of all-time, which is essentially what you are suggesting.

Yeah, my bad. LOL, i'll be honest, I was a bit drunk when I initially wrote that. But I dont think its an exaggeration to say this D has the most NFL talent OSU's ever had.

bearsfan_51
09-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Haha...how old are you kid?

YAYareaRB
09-13-2007, 12:29 AM

You, my friend, are a homer.

keylime_5
09-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Wilson, Rose, Gholston, Russell, Washington, Jenkins, Laurinaitis, and Freeman are definitely gonna be draft picks. Grant, Worthington, Denlinger, and Coleman have yet to be seen due to size/speed/strength/skill issues. I expect Grant and Coleman will be drafted someday, but Doug and Todd are so young it's impossible to tell at this point, let alone which round they will go. But, yeah, the people from the first list I named are mostly expected to go first day. (not mentioning future starters who will be drafted like Heyward, Clifford, Chekwa, Homan, Gibson, etc.)

RyanLeaf#1
09-13-2007, 08:59 AM
You, my friend, are a homer.

Couldnt agree with you more.

RoyHall#1
09-13-2007, 09:30 AM
How is UW winning this? Just because our offense sucks? Washington won't get over 10 points in this game, and Beanie Wells is going to break out. 31-6.

RyanLeaf#1
09-13-2007, 09:35 AM
How is UW winning this? Just because our offense sucks? Washington won't get over 10 points in this game, and Beanie Wells is going to break out. 31-6.

Because everyone is voting with their heart.

keylime_5
09-13-2007, 10:12 AM
I think Texas won the poll in a landslide last year when they played at home vs. Ohio State. Too bad for them that Texas lost in a landslide. Goes to show how accurate the polls on this board have been of late

Michigan
09-13-2007, 10:42 AM
I think Texas won the poll in a landslide last year when they played at home vs. Ohio State. Too bad for them that Texas lost in a landslide. Goes to show how accurate the polls on this board have been of late

Texas/OSU is as of late? :confused:

gstock05
09-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Haha...how old are you kid?

Old.

By the way, name an Ohio State NFL defense with more NFL talent. Please, you'll be quite challenged.

And dont mistake me for saying this is OSU's best defense either, because thats not what I'm implying. However in terms of pure NFL talent, we have LOADS of it right now, if nothing else from our player's measurables alone.

elway777
09-13-2007, 12:29 PM
OSU fans sure live up to their #1 Homer billing.

SC has the best NFL talent in the land. Do they have the best O or D, no. OSU is not a top 10 team this year. They dont have the weapons on O to support an average young QB. The D is talented(not nearly as high as you rank them however) but not on a level that will win games single handedly.
Truth is even if they win the big 10 this year, they are still not an elite team.

bored of education
09-13-2007, 01:06 PM
tOSU is under rated I think. But im a homer lol

keylime_5
09-13-2007, 01:56 PM
OSU is not a top 10 team this year. They dont have the weapons on O to support an average young QB. The D is talented(not nearly as high as you rank them however) but not on a level that will win games single handedly.
Truth is even if they win the big 10 this year, they are still not an elite team.

I think there's a good chance for them to be a top 10 team this year based on how the other teams who are suppoesed to be top 10 teams have played so far (discluding USC, LSU, Florida, and Oklahoma). OSU has had worse offenses and been a top 3 team twice before under Tressel (2002 and 2003). Chris Wells and Brian Robiskie are for real, but the season is so young it's impossible to really judge either unit, however OSU's offense this year will probably be better than it was in every year under Tressel save 2005 and 2006. The Akron score was a misnomer at 3-2 at halftime. I think the 6 turnovers by OSU in the game was the reason they didn't score 40+, not an ineffective offense that can't move the chains. You REALLY have to watch that game to see what was going on.

Nutshell: I think OSU's defense will win games single handedly at times this year as they have in year's past...the staff seems to think this could be the best defense they've ever had in their tenure here. I don't expect OSU to win all their games, but they will be a top 10 team I really believe and be either 1st or 2nd in the Big Ten and in a BCS game or maybe the Cap.1 bowl at very worst.

JoeMontainya
09-13-2007, 05:50 PM
OSU fans sure live up to their #1 Homer billing.

SC has the best NFL talent in the land. Do they have the best O or D, no. OSU is not a top 10 team this year. They dont have the weapons on O to support an average young QB. The D is talented(not nearly as high as you rank them however) but not on a level that will win games single handedly.

Offense only wins games if your in the Pac10. In real football (NFL etc...) games are won on defense and Ohio State has plenty of it currently and historically.

Iamcanadian
09-14-2007, 04:47 AM
I think because it is in Washington, they have a decent chance at an upset. However, I don't see it happening. I think Ohio State wins by two or three scores.

I agree. Washington has made great strides under Willingham and they are playing at home but I just don't think they are in Ohio St's league just yet. I think Ohio St win by 2 TD's.

elway777
09-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Offense only wins games if your in the Pac10. In real football (NFL etc...) games are won on defense and Ohio State has plenty of it currently and historically.

You realize the Pac 10 is better then the Big 10 this year?

BrownsTown
09-14-2007, 04:28 PM

Well duh, doesn't mean that a mediocre Pac 10 team can knock off one of the 2 teams who are at the top of the big 10 (Wisconsin is of course the other team, and they are certainly #1 in the Big 10 too, it'll basically come down to who wins that matchup I think)

gstock05
09-14-2007, 05:17 PM

You realize that the PAC 10 is 1-1 with the Big 10 this year, and it's too early to honestly evaluate which conference is better than the other?

I would agree they will end up better, but lets not jump the gun. Michigan being bad does not = bad big 10. Keep in mind Oregon State got destroyed by almighty Cincinatti recently...

Anyway, big 10 being < than Pac 10 does not mean Washington > Ohio State.

iowatreat54
09-14-2007, 05:39 PM
You realize that the PAC 10 is 1-1 with the Big 10 this year, and it's too early to honestly evaluate which conference is better than the other?

I would agree they will end up better, but lets not jump the gun. Michigan being bad does not = bad big 10. Keep in mind Oregon State got destroyed by almighty Cincinatti recently...

Anyway, big 10 being < than Pac 10 does not mean Washington > Ohio State.

sure it does...Stanford would go undefeated in the Big Ten and Arizona would trounce Wisconsin, didn't you know?

I kind of want Washington to win just because its tOSU and I'm always a fan of surprise teams doing well...but my gut just tells me that OSU's athleticism and overall talent will win this game for them, just my gut feeling tho

paladin
09-14-2007, 06:10 PM
Wow! Where did all of this Washington Huskies' support come from? I can't remember the last time I've seen this many fans supporting a PAC-10 team (not named USC) over a Big-Ten team.

Personally, I'm a USC fan. What can I say, I like offense. That's why I'll pull for Louisville when they're on TV. But, Washington aint winning this one. They're too weak on both sides of the line compared to Ohio State. If Washington does pull out a win, then, welcome back to the PAC-10.

bearsfan_51
09-15-2007, 05:40 PM

And the truth shall set you free....

BrownsTown
09-15-2007, 05:42 PM
28 people need to start helping themselves to some crow right now.

bearsfan_51
09-15-2007, 05:44 PM
28 people need to start helping themselves to some crow right now.

B-Dawk, Canadian_kid16, CARDIAC CAT 7, comahan, constant cough, D-Unit, diabsoule, doingthisinsteadofwork, duckseason, Green Bay Scat, HawkeyeFan, HoopsDemon12, jballa838, Jonny, jtsao, LionSmack, McBain, princefielder28, RyanLeaf#1, Scotty D, SuperKevin, Tubby, Turtlepower, V. Young, Vilma the Animal, whytsell05, Wo_oT88, YAYareaRB

Public polls are awesome.

BrownsTown
09-15-2007, 05:56 PM
B-Dawk, Canadian_kid16, CARDIAC CAT 7, comahan, constant cough, D-Unit, diabsoule, doingthisinsteadofwork, duckseason, Green Bay Scat, HawkeyeFan, HoopsDemon12, jballa838, Jonny, jtsao, LionSmack, McBain, princefielder28, RyanLeaf#1, Scotty D, SuperKevin, Tubby, Turtlepower, V. Young, Vilma the Animal, whytsell05, Wo_oT88, YAYareaRB

Public polls are awesome.

Get to it guys. Especially that guy who was hyping up Locker so much. Completion under 50% and 3 picks.

jballa838
09-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Get to it guys. Especially that guy who was hyping up Locker so much. Completion under 50% and 3 picks.
almost 100 yards rushing though. bad game UW, good game OSU

BrownsTown
09-15-2007, 05:59 PM
almost 100 yards rushing though. bad game UW, good game OSU

Eh...he can run, but he was overthrowing balls all over the place.

P-L
09-15-2007, 06:04 PM
[I voted for Ohio State in the poll]

Locker played better than his stats showed. If you watched the game, you would've seen that. Was he spectacular? No at all, but his stat line doesn't give him his due for how he performed. That first INT was more of a ridiculously athletic play by Laurinaitis than it was Locker's fault. He did very well running the football, ripping off a few huge first down runs on the Ohio State defense.

Demanding that 28 people, (most of whom did't comment) who voted in a silly poll, eat crow is stupid. The game was closer than the score indicated and it was a few major mistakes by Washington and some garbage time points for both teams, that made the score what it was. Washington played much better than almost any Ohio State fan said they were going to. I promise none of you thought Washington would take a lead into half-time.

BrownsTown
09-15-2007, 06:07 PM
[I voted for Ohio State in the poll]

Locker played better than his stats showed. If you watched the game, you would've seen that. Was he spectacular? No at all, but his stat line doesn't give him his due for how he performed. That first INT was more of a ridiculously athletic play by Laurinaitis than it was Locker's fault. He did very well running the football, ripping off a few huge first down runs on the Ohio State defense.

Demanding that 28 people, (most of whom did't comment) who voted in a silly poll, eat crow is stupid. The game was closer than the score indicated and it was a few major mistakes by Washington and some garbage time points for both teams, that made the score what it was. Washington played much better than almost any Ohio State fan said they were going to. I promise none of you thought Washington would take a lead into half-time.

I did watch the game bub...Locker was great moving out of the pocket...but when he was forced to pass he looked, not good.

It was a joke dude, I don't expect all of them to specifically come on here and eat crow.

It was closer than the score indicated, yes. But OSU was clearly the better team.

keylime_5
09-15-2007, 06:08 PM
The game was dead even at half time in terms of who controlled it. Same first downs, yards, time of possession, etc. Washington just punched one in right after Ohio State blew a sure TD drive with a false start and then a blocked field goal. But in the 2nd half Ohio State dominated in every sense of the word.

Locker looked real good though, especially for a freshman. He's gonna be a force in a couple years, I haven't seen a white QB run that fast before.

Turtlepower
09-15-2007, 06:50 PM
The game was dead even at half time in terms of who controlled it. Same first downs, yards, time of possession, etc. Washington just punched one in right after Ohio State blew a sure TD drive with a false start and then a blocked field goal. But in the 2nd half Ohio State dominated in every sense of the word.

It was a good game by OSU and this is a really young Washington team. I think that this game would have been much closer if it was played next year with a more experienced UW team, it would have been closer.