PDA

View Full Version : Injuries

D-Unit
09-09-2007, 08:43 PM
This season is getting flipped upside down.

Newman and Glenn were already out...

Jason Ferguson has an elbow injury... Brandon Jacobs took himself out... Osi is out... not fun stuff.

scottyboy
09-09-2007, 10:39 PM
even better, Eli cant finish out the game!!! fun fun fun

ughhhhhhhh

eaglesalltheway
09-10-2007, 07:22 AM
Lito Sheppard-Sprained knee

bsaza2358
09-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Redskins also lost John Jansen for the season (again) with a fractured and dislocated ankle.

Number 10
09-10-2007, 08:37 AM
Brandon Jacobs out at least 3 weeks....will be more if MRI today shows a tear to the MCL.

Osi might be out for the season, fearing a torn ACL. MRI today.

Eli seems to be just a bone bruise. Although painful, he won't do any harm by throwing or landing on it.

Dockery-Cofield-Shockey-Joseph all got nicked up but should be fine.

bsaza2358
09-10-2007, 09:07 AM
FAHK. That completely screws my money fantasy team. Doesn't help the Giants either, of course.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Brandon Jacobs out at least 3 weeks....will be more if MRI today shows a tear to the MCL.

Osi might be out for the season, fearing a torn ACL. MRI today.

Eli seems to be just a bone bruise. Although painful, he won't do any harm by throwing or landing on it.

Dockery-Cofield-Shockey-Joseph all got nicked up but should be fine.

Damn and I thought Skins had it bad losing Jansen for the year, while it will hurt Stephon Heyer is really good, also you guys lost Will Demps in the preseason but he's not much of a player but probably would have started.

Number 10
09-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Report just came out that Osi will likely be out 8-10 weeks.

bsaza2358
09-10-2007, 03:15 PM
That is really tough for the GMen. They needed to stay super healthy this season to really have a shot. Not looking good...

bsaza2358
09-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Any word on Jacobs' status? They said something about 3 weeks earlier, but nothing more.

skinzzfan25
09-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Jansen is gone for the year, and possibly done for his career. That's a real bad injury to come back from. They didn't show the replay(probably cause it was too graphic), but if you go back his ankle got blown up.

I have full confidence in Heyer or Wade to come in though.

bsaza2358
09-10-2007, 03:21 PM
I watched the actual play where Jansen got rolled up. It was just a wrong place/time situation. Nothing illegal or anything. I didn't see anything graphic. The way it was shot, you don't even see his legs.

skinzzfan25
09-10-2007, 03:22 PM
I watched the actual play where Jansen got rolled up. It was just a wrong place/time situation. Nothing illegal or anything. I didn't see anything graphic. The way it was shot, you don't even see his legs.

I coulda sworn I saw it lol, lemme go back I have it on DVR. But your right, nothing illegal.

Number 10
09-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Any word on Jacobs' status? They said something about 3 weeks earlier, but nothing more.

3-4 weeks.

I am predicting October 7th against the Jets.

BX
09-10-2007, 04:22 PM
Eli Manning is out for a month with a separated shoulder, per ESPN

D-Unit
09-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Eli is now out for a month.

D-Unit
09-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Eli Manning is out for a month with a separated shoulder, per ESPN
LOL. Beat me by a second.

Giants fans, this could get ugly real fast. Start focusing on the draft and a new head coaching hunt. It might be funner.

I feel for you guys, really.

skinzzfan25
09-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Per PFT, they said for the year. Which is probably wrong.

Either way, dang that blows.

scottyboy
09-10-2007, 04:28 PM
this is awful. It's not even like we lost 3 average guys. We lost our QB who was great last night(albeit an injured D), our starting RB, and our stud DE who was looking primed for a GREAT year...

im typing through the tears

skinzzfan25
09-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Last night was probably one of his best, if not his best game as a pro.

Would signing Leftwich now be in the picture?

bsaza2358
09-10-2007, 04:32 PM
The Giants could sign Leftwich. He's decent and would be a solid backup. They could also make a trade in certain instances. Not sure what the market really is.

scottyboy
09-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Last night was probably one of his best, if not his best game as a pro.

Would signing Leftwich now be in the picture?

thats an interesting point, i didn't think of that. it's a possibility for this year. Eli played VERY well last night, and is only out for maybe 3-5 weeks, so he should still be our franchise guy...

skinzzfan25
09-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Lito Sheppard-Sprained knee

Is he playing next week?

NYGibril28
09-10-2007, 04:47 PM
ESPN bottomline said he's out

bsaza2358
09-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Sheppard is out at least 1 week, per a variety of sources.

D-Unit
09-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Sheppard is out at least 1 week, per a variety of sources.
Oddly enough, the Eagles were bad yesterday despite being healthy. Their OL especially was pathetic.

bsaza2358
09-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Are you sure that's the case, D? Their defense was pretty much in control of that game and stuffed the run against a solid GB OLine. The Eagles OLine paved the way for over 100 rush yards. McNabb's tentativeness was more a problem than anything else. It's possible that the receivers weren't getting open, but I'm not sure that's the case.

D-Unit
09-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Are you sure that's the case, D? Their defense was pretty much in control of that game and stuffed the run against a solid GB OLine. The Eagles OLine paved the way for over 100 rush yards. McNabb's tentativeness was more a problem than anything else. It's possible that the receivers weren't getting open, but I'm not sure that's the case.
You could be right... maybe McNabb was more tentative than usual and/or maybe the receivers were not getting open... whatever it was, McNabb was not comfortable all day and was on the run A LOT.

Your Defense did play well. Credit to them.

Paul
09-10-2007, 04:55 PM
That sucks for Manning. After such a monster game, his confidence must have been at an all time high.

bsaza2358
09-10-2007, 04:59 PM
You could be right... maybe McNabb was more tentative than usual and/or maybe the receivers were not getting open... whatever it was, McNabb was not comfortable all day and was on the run A LOT.

Your Defense did play well. Credit to them.

McNabb looked reticent to make any throws on the run, and he wasn't comfortable. I don't know what the problem was, but the coaching staff didn't do enough to help him out psychologically. He looked so good in the preseason, but yesterday, he appeared overwhelmed. He lacked swagger. I'd like to watch the game from the coaching box to see whether GB schemed well or if it was McNabb's issue. I'm sure it was a combination of McNabb, the playcalling, and the defense. They did get some good pressure.

bsaza2358
09-10-2007, 05:00 PM
That sucks for Manning. After such a monster game, his confidence must have been at an all time high.

The Giants are in scramble mode, and it's not looking good at all. They're probably going to get a top-10 pick now, and that team is very talented. Could be scary if they're able to draft more OLine talent or a top flight safety...

Paul
09-10-2007, 05:03 PM
McNabb looked reticent to make any throws on the run, and he wasn't comfortable. I don't know what the problem was, but the coaching staff didn't do enough to help him out psychologically. He looked so good in the preseason, but yesterday, he appeared overwhelmed. He lacked swagger. I'd like to watch the game from the coaching box to see whether GB schemed well or if it was McNabb's issue. I'm sure it was a combination of McNabb, the playcalling, and the defense. They did get some good pressure.

I agree. Was it me or did he look winded pretty early in the game?

SeanTaylorRIP
09-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Everyone pegged the skins as a 6-10 team at best but I'm telling you watch out, we will have a top 5 defense this year, and we finally have a decent kicker, Randle El returning punts, a top 5 running duo in Portis and Betts, Campbell made a few bad throws but has a wicked arm and we have 2 bonafide playmakers now with Moss and Randle El, well actually 3 if you include Cooley. Lloyd is bleh but he worked hard in the offseason to get over 200 pounds, so as a 3rd Wideout making his once in a moon highlight catches is enough.

scottyboy
09-10-2007, 05:34 PM
many conflicting reports on Osi and Eli's injuries. some saying Osi ouut 2 months, some saying 1, some saying he's day to day.

Mort says eli out a month, Giants "say" day to day and more evaluation... ughh i dont know what to think right now

and no offense ghetto, but you beat the Dolphins

skinzzfan25
09-10-2007, 05:35 PM
I wouldn't call us top 5 yet...

The way we defended the hashes to the sidelines was piss poor. However Carter and Montgomery were getting good pushes, and Rocky/Fletcher/Washington is forming to be a very nice LB corps. Our run defense was great, but pass defense minus the middle of the field was horrid.

Campbell's longball got me excited, he was dead on (that interception was Lloyd's fault, he lost the 1v1 jumpball). At the end of the game, a fresh Portis was getting at least 5 yards a run on a pretty good, and tired, front 7. Moss dropped too many, at least 60 yards worth collectively. With time, Campbell's short range accuracy will progress. Not enough Cooley's way, 1 catch for 10 I believe.

Oh yeah, and Mike Sellers is a freaking beast. Jason Taylor + Will Allen (?) + some other DB couldn't take him down.

Number 10
09-10-2007, 06:53 PM
Eli might play this week.

Mortensen is almost always wrong with his "breaking news" reports when it comes to the Giants. I doubt hes out a month.

Oh and Ghetto, the Skins will finish in the 7-9 - 9-7 area.

FinChase
09-10-2007, 07:42 PM

A big part of that could be the Packers' defense. They were impressive.

bsaza2358
09-11-2007, 08:35 AM
They got good push up front, but I'm not certain that it was all their D. The Packers' safeties are notoriously mediocre. Has a lot to do with design, playcalling, and finding the open man. McNabb didn't go deep over the middle at all. Dunno if the WR's didn't get open. He seemed happier checking down immediately.

bigbluedefense
09-11-2007, 09:39 AM
The Giants are in scramble mode, and it's not looking good at all. They're probably going to get a top-10 pick now, and that team is very talented. Could be scary if they're able to draft more OLine talent or a top flight safety...

:(

If Eli is out as long as they say he's out, the season is over... :(

Then we can say hello to Kenny Phillips, Glenn Dorsey, or Jake Long. All 3 would look great in a Giants uniform. :)

bsaza2358
09-11-2007, 10:19 AM
If the Giants can add a top OT to their existing line and get the right HC in there, they could easily turn it around hardcore in 2008. I don't foresee them doing very well.

Jughead10
09-11-2007, 12:32 PM
If the Giants can add a top OT to their existing line and get the right HC in there, they could easily turn it around hardcore in 2008. I don't foresee them doing very well.

The offense isn't the problem. The offense is rarely the reason we lose games.

eaglesalltheway
09-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Its your defense, mostly due to your secondary.

skinzzfan25
09-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Phillips with the Giants would make the NFCE have godly safeties (they already are now lol)

Dawkins, Taylor, Williams, Landry, and Phillips? Wow lol.

eaglesalltheway
09-12-2007, 06:34 AM
Dawkins won't be playing much longer and for some reason, Williams isn't going over well in Dallas, so that may not last long.