PDA

View Full Version : Vito's 2008 Mock

Don Vito
09-10-2007, 12:36 AM
1. KC-Jake Long, OT, Michigan
Self-explanatory. The Chiefs OL went from from first to (one of the) worst in a few years and this must be fixed.
2. Dallas (Cle)-Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
BPA here, and he could add an entirely new dimension to the Dallas offense.
3. Atlanta-Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
We all know the story here-Vick is a screw up and Petrino/Brohm are familiar with each other
4. Tampa-Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
A player in the mold of Warren Sapp, who wreaked havoc for years in the tampa 2 defense
5. Houston-Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon
Kenny Phillips is another possibility, but they need a RB for the future. Ahman Green is by no means a guy to build around at this stage in his career.
6. Washington-Calais Campbell, DE, Miami
They have needed a DE for a long time, Campbell is too good to pass up.
7. Buffalo-Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC
Buffalos DL was getting blown up all day Sunday, and most of that was in the interior.
8. Green Bay-Kenny Phillips, SS, Miami
GB needs a playmaking safety and Phillips is the best this class has if he comes out.
9. Oakland-Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
Derrick Burgess is strong as RE (where Jackson plays at LSU), but the LE spot could be upgraded and Jackson fits the mold of a great LE who could add more to this up and coming defense. WR is a good option here too. Not too sure how Oakland fans will feel about this so let me have it.
10. Miami-Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
Miami NEEDS DBs, whether it is a CB or safety
11. Detroit-Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida
A great pass-rushing DE is needed in Detroit
12. Tennessee-DeSean Jackson, WR, Cal
VY needs a playmaker to toss it too, and D-Jack can also help out in the return game if they decide to keep Pacman just at corner when he returns.
13. Arizona-Dan Connor, OLB, Penn St
They need a LB and Connor can play inside or outside
14. New York Giants-Sam Baker, LT, USC
Diehl could move back to guard and Baker could hold down LT, he is too good too pass up here as Eli's bodyguard
15. Minny-Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky
Jackson was nothing special today, but he still has 15 games to prove
16. New England (SF)-Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC
17. Rams-Keith Rivers, OLB, USC
18. Jacksonville-Matt Ryan, QB, BC
Say what you want, but I believe this is where Ryan's stock will be come year's end. I know Jags fans want Woodson or Brohm but they should be gone. I was about to give you Keller/Booty, or even a DE.
19. Philly-Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan
The Eagles need another playmaker at WR
20. New York Jets-DE Chris Long, Virginia
The Jets go back to UVA for another stud who fits their 3-4 very well.
21. Pittsburgh-Will Arnold, OG, LSU
Faneca is as good as gone so they back to the same school they got him from.
22. Dallas-Gosder Cherilus, LT, BC
Flozell Adams is old and is starting to decline tremendously.
23. Seattle-Martin Rucker, TE, Mizzou
Rucker has looked like a one-man wrecking crew in 2007, he is a tremedous athlete for a man his size who could immediately make in impact in Seattle.
24. Cincinnati-Brian Cushing, LB, USC
The Bengals have weaknesses all over their LB corps and Cushing can probably play every LB spot in their 4-3.
25. New Orleans-Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio St.
26. Baltimore-Quentin Groves, DE/OLB, Auburn
27. San Diego-Jonathan Goff, ILB, Vandy
Goff has the size, strength, athleticism, and instincts to be a premier ILB as a Charger.
28. SF (Indy)-Early Doucet, WR, LSU
29. Carolina-Jonathan Hefney, FS, Tennessee
Nate Salley can probably be upgraded on at the FS spot.
30. Denver-Ryan Clady, LT, Boise St.
Is a perfect fit for Denver's ZBS, he is one of the more athletic OLs in this class.
31. Chicago-John David Booty, QB, USC
You cannot count on an inconsistent QB to lead you. A solid QB truly is the missing piece in Chicago.
32. New England-DeJuan Tribble, CB, BC
Fits the Pats very well, he can cover, catch, jump, make a big play, and he isn't afraid to hit despite his small frame

1. KC-Jack Ikegwuonu, CB, Wisconsin
2. Cleveland-Andre Fluellen, 3-4 DE, Florida St.
3. Atlanta-Earl Bennet, WR, Vandy
4. Tampa-Sam Keller, QB, Nebraska
5. Houston-Darien Williams, FS, Oklahoma
6. Washington-Frank Okam, DT, Texas
7. Buffalo-Terrell Thomas, CB, USC
8. Green Bay-Fred Davis, TE, USC
9. Oakland-Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
10. Miami-Josh Pinkard, SS/FS, USC
11. Detroit-Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
12. Tennessee-Jasper Brinkley, LB, South Carolina
13. Arizona-Kirk Barton, OT, Ohio St.
14. New York Giants-Shawn Crable, OLB, Michigan
15. Minny-Barry Richardson, RT, Clemson
16. SF-Red Bryant, NT, Texas A&M
17. St. Louis-Andre Caldwell, WR, Florida
18. Jacksonville-Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC
19. Philly-Xavier Adibi, LB, Virginia Tech
20. New York Jets-Shannon Tavega, G, UCLA
21. Pittsburgh-Chris Williams, OT, Vandy
22. Dallas-Marcus Monk, WR, Arkansas
23. Seattle-Kyle Jackson, FS, Florida
24. Cincinnati-Jordan Grimes, OG, Purdue
25. New Orleans-Phillip Wheeler, LB, Georgia Tech
26. Baltimore-Dwight Lowery, CB, San Jose St.
27. San Diego-Tom Zbikowski, SS, Notre Dame (Weddle can play free)
28. Indy-Ali Highsmith, OLB, LSU
29. Carolina-John Carlson, TE, Notre Dame
30. Denver-Josh Barrett, SS, Arizona St.
31. Chicago-Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma
32. New England-Tommy Blake, DE/OLB, TCU

Turtlepower
09-10-2007, 02:40 AM
If the Giants got Sam Baker, I would cry. Seriously, I would. =D

thule
09-10-2007, 03:35 AM
I'm pretty sure the Cowboys already have flozell's replacement on the team. Free showed up and played well. McQuisten is all able and would play this year if Adams went down. If they go tackle it would be with their first pick because they have to be sure they are actually upgrading the position.

princefielder28
09-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Sensational Green Bay pick!

Don Vito
09-10-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm pretty sure the Cowboys already have flozell's replacement on the team. Free showed up and played well. McQuisten is all able and would play this year if Adams went down. If they go tackle it would be with their first pick because they have to be sure they are actually upgrading the position.

Oh I thought Free was competing at RT with Marten and McQuistan was playing guard. Probably could've given you a WR/DB.

23trufant
09-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Great Seahawks pick, and I like Jonathon Stewart pick as well.

T-RICH49
09-10-2007, 02:05 PM
A+++++ Chiefs pick.Jake Long is a beast and would start right away.RD 2 give us Talib.If he was there we should take him

Vikes99ej
09-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Getting Woodson at 15= pretty durn nice.

mqtirishfan
09-10-2007, 02:58 PM
I highly doubt Oakland picks a defensive player with the horrible offense they have.

Gridiron
09-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Nice Jets pick, but if Arnold is that highly-regarded by the time the draft rolls around, it would be tough to pass on him.

Simply put, OG is a MUCH bigger need than DE.

JETS5128
09-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Nice Jets pick, but if Arnold is that highly-regarded by the time the draft rolls around, it would be tough to pass on him.

Simply put, OG is a MUCH bigger need than DE.

Meh, either of them are a huge need, but there are probably more DE options later on than OG prospects

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-10-2007, 06:14 PM
I like the pick but just to let you know Burgess plays LE.

SuperKevin
09-10-2007, 06:28 PM
That's alittle high for Sedrick Ellis and I think he's too similar to the rest of our DTs in Buffalo. We have plenty of pentrators. We need a big body reminiscent of when we had Sam Adams and Pat Williams. I think Frank Okam fits what we need from a DT more

Don Vito
09-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Just added round 2, check it out

neko4
09-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Good Packer 2nd rounder

SuperKevin
09-10-2007, 10:18 PM
Terrell Thomas would be a perfect 2nd round pick for us. I like his size and physical play, both something we desperately need at CB

SuperKevin
09-10-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm a Sam Keller fan but wow, you really think he is a fringe 1st round pick? Especially after it being all over the internet that scouts are upset with his mechanics

WMD
09-10-2007, 10:33 PM
I support this mock for the Lions..

SuperKevin
09-10-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm sorry for commenting and nitpicking a lot but is DE still the top need for Detroit? Both DEs looks very good in week 1

neko4
09-10-2007, 11:00 PM
I'm sorry for commenting and nitpicking a lot but is DE still the top need for Detroit? Both DEs looks very good in week 1
Against the Raiders Oline

Don Vito
09-10-2007, 11:07 PM

Ha no problem I made it for you guys to comment on it. But both of their WRs looked good all of last season, and they took an elite talent in CJ at WR. I think they could definitely pull the trigger on an elite DL prospect who could be an impact player for years to come.

Keller is on pace to have a great year, and I was going to give him Brennan but he wasn't his dominant self last week. Plus the whole offensive system and competition questions are still there. Keller has all of the tools and if he works on those questionable mechanics prior to the draft (which is doable) he could see his stock skyrocket.

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Against the Raiders Oline
which is 10 times better than last years.

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-10-2007, 11:53 PM
I highly doubt Oakland picks a defensive player with the horrible offense they have.
OK since your so informed on our situation please say whos a better option at 9.
I like the pick we have basically no pressure coming from the RE spot.Clemons had some plays yesterday but hes a situational pass rusher.

scar988
09-11-2007, 12:19 AM
We all know the story here-Vick is a screw up and Petrino/Brohm are familiar with each other

- great pick

-horrible pick. we have ZERO need for a WR. we have actual needs like OT and NT and possibly power RB... give us NT Frank Okam here.

-Atlanta has this pick and would get Barry Richardson here to play LT for us.

Don Vito
09-11-2007, 12:36 AM

- great pick

-horrible pick. we have ZERO need for a WR. we have actual needs like OT and NT and possibly power RB... give us NT Frank Okam here.

-Atlanta has this pick and would get Barry Richardson here to play LT for us.

Aright I was going to give you a DT but I thought I would get reamed for that since you have Coleman, Jackson, and Babineaux. I guess Jackson and Coleman are getting up there so it makes sense.

Geo
09-11-2007, 12:53 AM
19. Philly-Xavier Adibi, LB, Virginia Tech
28. Indy-Xavier Adibi, LB, Virginia Tech

32. New England-Tommy Blake, DE/OLB, TCU
I highly doubt Tommy Blake falls that far.

Don Vito
09-11-2007, 01:07 AM
My bad on the Adibi pick, I replaced the Indy one with Highsmith. This a deep class of DE's so Blake could definitely fall, as could any top DE prospect.

Crazy_Chris
09-11-2007, 01:20 AM
getting Andre woodson at 15 and than Barry Richardson in the second round would be an excellent draft for the vikes... great job

Caddy
09-11-2007, 08:41 AM
I like the way you think Vito. Impact DT and future prospect at QB would be ideal.

yo123
09-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Woodson is a great value at 15, but I still dont think QB is our biggest need. I'd go with a RG, RT, WR, or safety.

Yung Flippa
09-11-2007, 05:54 PM
I love the Ravens draft. A+

Mr. Stiller
09-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Give Pittsburgh Vernon Gholston or Ryan Clady rd 1.

And Either Tony Hills or Tommy Blake Round 2 (Gholston and Hills preferably.)

Bearsfan123
09-12-2007, 08:32 PM
you've gone with two "want" picks for the Bears. If we are picking 31 Grossman most likely played well enough to earn an extension. In the position you have us in QB and WR are luxury picks. OT is not a luxury pick. And with Mike Brown's health problems, i could see us trying to get Zbikowski in the second.

KILLERSANTA
09-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Dallas doesn't draft OL in the first!!!!!!

fixed.....you can thank me later.......

Finsfan79
09-13-2007, 08:45 AM
10. Miami-Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
Miami NEEDS DBs, whether it is a CB or safety

Miami’s system is built upon the ideal that pressure on the QB out-weights the play of the secondary. NE runs the same system, yes the DBs are important but not that important in the system.

Sam Baker on the other hand is a primary player in a position of elite need for us. We need help on the oline. We need a big time tackle to help us there along with Carey and our new Center. Every other position is up for grabs

Also Miami needs safeties and offensive playmakers

10. Miami-Josh Pinkard, SS/FS, USC

Not a fan of pinkard honestly but solid pick up of a player. I would like Barry Richardson there personally toss him into a guard spot would make me happy

TimD
09-13-2007, 02:00 PM
love the jets draft... DE 1st round OG 2nd round

cb9464
09-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Love the Eagles pick. Finally a playmaker at WR, plus Manningham has the tools to make it in the tough NFC East.

P-L
09-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Derrick Harvey and Aqib Talib would be a fantastic draft.

aNYtitan
09-16-2007, 11:30 AM
DeSean Jackson is a very damn fine pick for the Titans in the first round. Vince Young loves throwing the underneath ball, so Jackson would be ideal since he would make plays after the catch. In the second round, I think Lawrence Jackson would be a much better pick because we have still not solidified the DE opposite KVB.

Don Vito
09-20-2007, 02:38 PM
you've gone with two "want" picks for the Bears. If we are picking 31 Grossman most likely played well enough to earn an extension. In the position you have us in QB and WR are luxury picks. OT is not a luxury pick. And with Mike Brown's health problems, i could see us trying to get Zbikowski in the second.

I dont't know, the Bears made it to the Super Bowl with less than spectacular play from Grossman last year. I really think a great QB is al they are missing. Zbikowski could be a good pick, but I think they're is much better depth with Daniel Manning and Archuleta at the free and strong spots.

As far as the 2nd rounder, you guys need some help at WR. Muhammed probably has this season and next in him. Berrian is a playmaker but is small. Malcolm Kelly is big, fast, strong, and a playmaker. He would add a new dimension to your offense I believe and he is a perfect compliment to Berrian.

thule
09-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Oh I thought Free was competing at RT with Marten and McQuistan was playing guard. Probably could've given you a WR/DB.

Another thing on Dallas's Mock. Monk is a big physical WR with good hands. We have Crayton and Hurd who are currently or 3rd and 4th WRs. We have Austin and Stanback as our projects. All of these guys are over 6' and are known as possession WR's.

Dallas is looking for a small shifty WR if you go there.
Dallas could really use a DE to replace Spears. Not a lot of value outside of Long in this draft...but Kentwan Balmer from NC is getting lots of respect from scouts...might be a late round 1 or round 2 option depending on workouts.
Harry Douglas is probably the best fit at the end of the first round if your looking on going WR.
CB is a huge need and would look good anywhere on the first day.

21ST
09-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Horrible redskins draft, we would never take a DL on day one let alone 2 of them. Give us a WR in the first and a corner in the second

Don Vito
09-20-2007, 07:37 PM
Horrible redskins draft, we would never take a DL on day one let alone 2 of them. Give us a WR in the first and a corner in the second

If a tema has a need they are probably going to draft a player who plays that position. The Skins have big needs on the inside and outside of their DL, why wouldn't they draft for DL then. Using the logic "my team doesn't draft that position" doesn't make much sense, especially when there is glaring holes there.