PDA

View Full Version : So let me ask you this...

PoopSandwich
09-10-2007, 11:25 AM
I know this only week one of the year, I know that...

Having said that, if you saw the Browns game yesterday, would you start Quinn against the Bengals?

Frye and Anderson both looked terrible, Frye looked afraid to play against Pittsburgh. He also threw behind receivers too much, and held onto the ball WAY to long.

Anderson on the other hand threw into coverage constantly, and should have been picked off three times if it weren't for dropped interceptions by the Steeler's defense.

Brady Quinn is smart, tough, and deffinetly better than Anderson/Frye... I think he would already be in if there wasn't a rookie label. What do you think?

Freddy G
09-10-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm not ready to ruin him no matter how sucky our other QBs are...and playing him this early against Balti and NE will really shake his confindence.

I say Miami at the earliest, but we should probably wait until after the bye.

At this point i don't really care about what pick Dallas gets, as you can all see we would probably be picking a QB anyway. And Quinn is superior to everyone in next years class (Andre Woodson has more potential though). Let Dallas have their RB or S, i'll keep our franchise QB (if everything goes to plan....this is cleveland).

The Legend
09-10-2007, 11:36 AM
I know this only week one of the year, I know that...

Having said that, if you saw the Browns game yesterday, would you start Quinn against the Bengals?

Frye and Anderson both looked terrible, Frye looked afraid to play against Pittsburgh. He also threw behind receivers too much, and held onto the ball WAY to long.

Anderson on the other hand threw into coverage constantly, and should have been picked off three times if it weren't for dropped interceptions by the Steeler's defense.

Brady Quinn is smart, tough, and deffinetly better than Anderson/Frye... I think he would already be in if there wasn't a rookie label. What do you think?

Quinn is 10 times better then Frye & Anderson but i dont think he should start, just to early im the type of person who belives QB's should not start untill week 8

thou if he was in there i bet you guys would be better first thing thou that o-line didnt look so sharpe, giving up 7 sacks

they need to open up the lanes for Jamal to run so the qb can do anything

PalmerToCJ
09-10-2007, 11:36 AM
No.

You all aren't going to win this year, give Quinn a few more weeks to get comfortable with the offense and let the Oline gel then bring him in ~week 6.

bigbluedefense
09-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Gotta be by week 4 minimum. I didn't get to watch the game, but Im guessing the oline got destroyed.

You don't want to ruin him. Don't throw him to the wolves like the Giants did with Eli. And I don't trust this coaching staff to manage him the right way. I wouldn't even mind if he sat out the whole year.

If the oline is playing well and they still suck, then yes. But until the oline can show it can block, then no. People WAY overrate what weapons mean to a qb. A developing qb's best friend is NOT WRs, or TEs, its a good run game, and a good oline.

2 things Cleveland doesn't have.

Jughead10
09-10-2007, 11:38 AM
no.

because then sportscenter will literally be nothing but patriots and brady quinn "highlights".

I'd be ok with that.

Geo
09-10-2007, 11:40 AM
I thought Jim Mora Sr. raised on interesting point a few days ago, saying that if you're worried about your first round pick quarterback's confidence then you picked the wrong quarterback.

Mr. Stiller
09-10-2007, 11:44 AM
Quinn is 10 times better then Frye & Anderson but i dont think he should start, just to early im the type of person who belives QB's should not start untill week 8

thou if he was in there i bet you guys would be better first thing thou that o-line didnt look so sharpe, giving up 7 sacks

they need to open up the lanes for Jamal to run so the qb can do anything

I'd wait until Joe Thomas and that OL Gels better before you throw him to the dogs.

If he isn't ready for NFL-speed he's going to get hit a lot. Thomas showed better in the 2nd half. 3 of the 6 sacks were on him. no need to throw him in before that OL is ready to protect him.

Freddy G
09-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Actually i think only one of those sacks was Thomas getting beat. The others were scheme (iirc).

The 6 sacks number is decieving. 5 were on Frye because we wouldn't throw the ball, he had time, he just wouldn't get rid of it. Anderson comes in and only gets sacked once because we would actually throw the ball.

Now as a whole to OL wasn't that great (run blocking was sub par), but the QBs had time. Once they gel some they should be alright...still need a RG and possibly a C though.

bearsfan_51
09-10-2007, 11:51 AM
I'd wait till after the bye week, give him a week to prepare. I'm not really sure what the rush is, are the Browns going to make up those 27 points they lost by simply by sticking a rookie QB in there?

PoopSandwich
09-10-2007, 11:56 AM
If we're going to wait to start him, start him against Miami...

It's at home, it's against the team that let him fall, it's against a team thats beatable, and it's the week before the bye, so if he does bad they have an extra week to fix his problems.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
09-10-2007, 11:57 AM
i would want his first game to be against a lower level defense, but if u start him against the Bengals u then bring on Oakland, Balt, and NE which would be tough, and once u start the guy i'm pretty sure u got to keep him in there, not just a one game sub in. So i'd say Week 6 or after the bye. To bad there is a string of tough D's but i'm not sure if u want to kill his confidence. IF the Browns QBs play this bad next game or the next 2 games, i think he'll be in there though.....

PoopSandwich
09-10-2007, 11:58 AM
I'd wait till after the bye week, give him a week to prepare. I'm not really sure what the rush is, are the Browns going to make up those 27 points they lost by simply by sticking a rookie QB in there?

Maybe not, but we'd actually lead receivers, we'd actually not throw into coverage, we'd actually get rid of the ball if pressure was there...

Frye was HORRIBLE, he freakin got replaced before the end of the first half, you have to play absolutely terrible for that to happen... Anderson would have been replaced as well if he had started for Frye, because he was terrible too.

Geo
09-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Repeating what I've said many times and for some time:

Frye is the worst starting QB in the league. Brutal but true. Yesterday doesn't surprise me at all.

PalmerToCJ
09-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Cleveland is home to the worst starting QB and RB in the league.

PoopSandwich
09-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Cleveland is home to the worst starting QB and RB in the league.

I'm not sure about RB, but its possible if we play like this again.

If we run block better Jamal would actually be able to do anything, but like I have been saying, I have to take crap from everyone this week, because we looked god awful.

LonghornsLegend
09-10-2007, 01:25 PM
at least kellen winslow help up, is he fully healthy? thats at least one good sign

RyanLeaf#1
09-10-2007, 01:54 PM
I would absolutely start him. Hes ready.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
09-10-2007, 02:07 PM
He's not ready. Throwing a rookie QB in there this early, on a bad team, with subpar talent surrounding him is a recipe for disaster.

Mr. Stiller
09-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Actually i think only one of those sacks was Thomas getting beat. The others were scheme (iirc).

The 6 sacks number is decieving. 5 were on Frye because we wouldn't throw the ball, he had time, he just wouldn't get rid of it. Anderson comes in and only gets sacked once because we would actually throw the ball.

Now as a whole to OL wasn't that great (run blocking was sub par), but the QBs had time. Once they gel some they should be alright...still need a RG and possibly a C though.

It was scheme, but the 3 Sacks that I said Were Thomas' fault, scheme or not, he didn't block his man period.

Freddy G
09-10-2007, 03:16 PM
I'm not sure how they decide, but from what i saw, Thomas only got beat once, and he was blocking someone else when the other two from his side happened. Whether or not it was his responsibility or not, we can't be sure. I know Jamal didn't help much on one (Clark's i think).

Anyway, he only got straight beat once. But that's irrelevent when your QB just stands there, or runs into the sack.

Addict
09-10-2007, 03:20 PM
no brainer:

Frye sucks, Anderson sucks, Quinn may not suck

Do it.

LionSmack
09-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Take it from a Lions fan.

Starting Quinn at this point is the first step toward turning him into Joey Harrington.

Besides which, even if he does well the only thing that will happen is he'll save Crennel's job.

Keep him on the bench and get a new coach next year, then he'll start fresh with a new program and have a much better chance for long-term success.

JoeMontainya
09-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Quinn IMO is better than Frye and Anderson put together as we speak, but there isnt much positives that can come out of Pitt, Baltimore and N.E. He will start the rest of the year after these 3 games. And as a fan we have to agree and accept this.

Im really pissed at Crennell and Savage sugar coating everything. They knew for a fact that Frye and Anderson are horrible but continued to tell us lies to make the fan base happy.

The last thing I have to say is that how come every time the Browns get down by 14 pts. they go even more conservative than they started out in hopes of only losing by 21 enstead of 35 etc...? We lost to the Colts and Chargers last year by a TD each but it wasnt nbecause we competed, it was because we refused to even attempt to win the game, we hoped they would lose it.

Until the Browns "hope we dont lose it" enstead of "trying to win it" we will be a bottom 5 team.

I love Brady Quinn and im happy we have him, but this team seems happy that they traded a top 3 pick next year for a #22 pick and wont even use the #22 pick.

For how hyped our new offense was supposed to be, It looked like the exact same one as last year.

BlindSite
09-10-2007, 03:25 PM
I'd say to wait till after the Baltimore and NE games, but Denny Green threw Leinart in against Chicago and he tore them up.