PDA

View Full Version : Impact freshman

draftguru151
09-10-2007, 12:54 PM
What true freshman are making an impact so far? Clausen, Mallet and Taylor have all seen the field and Clausen and Taylor should start for the rest of the year. For Miami Graig Cooper, Orlando Franklin and DeMarcus Van Dyke are all making significant contributions. Trinton Sturdivant is Georgia's starting LT. Who else is contributing?

Don Vito
09-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Anthony Castonzo is doing a great job as BCs starting RT. He was only a 2 star recruit I believe, he doesn't look like an RT at about 6-6 280 and he is one of the fastest lineman on the field. When Cherilus leaves he should move to LT. Castonzo is a great fit for the ZBS we are running.

Ifeanyi Momah is a 6-6 215 lb. true freshman WR for BC and he is looking great as well. He can really run for a big guy and he has good hands (could use some work, though).

For Ole Miss, Chris Strong has been beastly at MLB/DE. Strong was the #51 recruit in 2007 according to rivals and he is looking great. He is about 6-3 280 with great speed. He should drop a little weight but he mayy be one of our best players on D right now.

Green Bay Scat
09-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Well Arrelious Benn for Illin is very important to the team. Nothin really to brag about 7 catches for 89 yards 0 tds 6 carries for 32 yards. hes gonna be good tho

Sniper
09-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Donovan Warren is already Michigan's best corner. Not much to brag about I know, but he's got a great future ahead of him

Jughead10
09-10-2007, 01:24 PM
What true freshman are making an impact so far? Clausen, Mallet and Taylor have all seen the field and Clausen and Taylor should start for the rest of the year. For Miami Graig Cooper, Orlando Franklin and DeMarcus Van Dyke are all making significant contributions. Trinton Sturdivant is Georgia's starting LT. Who else is contributing?

Besides Clausen, Armando Allen, Golden Tate, and Duval Kumara are all seeing some playing time on the offense. Allen seeing the most of those three.

504 to ATL
09-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Dwyer for Georgia Tech is doing very well, not all of it has been mop up duty either. Tashard Choice needs a rest and in comes Dwyer and thus far there has been no drop off.

TitanHope
09-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Eric Berry is already starting for Tennessee at SS, and may be moved to CB after one of our CB's got injured in the last game. Lennon Creer is getting some touches at RB and reps at KR, along with Denarius Moore. Creer is a stud. None of the freshman WR's have even caught a pass yet. Daniel Lincoln has established himself as our place kicker.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-10-2007, 03:34 PM
UVA is now running a 2 man QB system they will try to change every 2 drives but will leave a guy longer if they are hot. The 2 QB's are Jameel Sewell and true freshman Peter Lalich, also redshirter Keith Payne should get more carries.

Hawk
09-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Donovan Warren is already Michigan's best corner. Not much to brag about I know, but he's got a great future ahead of him

just like leon hall when he was a frosh

ToldLikeItIs
09-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Ten TRUE freshman have seen the field for Iowa, and the biggest impact has been made by Dezman Moses.

Dezman Moses, Christian Ballard, Jevon Pugh, Bryan Bulaga, Jacody Coleman, Jordan Bernstine, Cedric Everson, Colin Sandeman, Diauntae Morrow, and Cody Hundertmark.

Vikes99ej
09-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Taylor is the only one for the Hokies.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Jahvid Best is beastin it in the limited carries he's getting

SuperKevin
09-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Not a true freshman but Texas Tech RS freshman WR Michael Crabtree already has like 300 yards recievingand 5 TD catches

kwilk103
09-10-2007, 05:48 PM
devine has 12 carries for 120 yds and 3 td

also started returning kicks in the middle of the marshall game

lb pat lazear is starting on the kickoff coverage team, and could be a starting lber midway through the season (if not starting, at least getting significant playing time)

neko4
09-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Well Arrelious Benn for Illin is very important to the team. Nothin really to brag about 7 catches for 89 yards 0 tds 6 carries for 32 yards. hes gonna be good tho
thats great for a freshmen, i look forward to seeing him down the road

SuperKevin
09-10-2007, 05:54 PM
devine has 12 carries for 120 yds and 3 td

also started returning kicks in the middle of the marshall game

lb pat lazear is starting on the kickoff coverage team, and could be a starting lber midway through the season (if not starting, at least getting significant playing time)

Pat Lazear is from my county back home from Maryland. he kind of came out of nowhere to be a D1 recruit. Especially since he went to one of the worst schools in an already poor high school football county

constant cough
09-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Terrance Toliver LSU

schmiddog
09-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Terrance Toliver LSU

Future first rounder.

gstock05
09-12-2007, 02:39 AM
Terrance Toliver LSU

Been saying it a while... he's one of the best WR prospects outta highschool that never got the hype he deserved. Going to be a top 10 pick... just a natural fluid athlete.

Jonny
09-12-2007, 08:19 AM
Anthony Davis has really impressed. He's Rutgers's top backup, and has so far lived up to the hype. He's good enough to start as a true freshman but is stuck behind a very good player.

Not much besides that. Even though Schiano likes to play true freshmen a lot, none have taken that prominent roles so far. The freshmen class is reportedly looking great in practice though, easily the best class under Schiano and a great harbringer for the future.

HawkeyeFan
09-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Jordan Bernstine for Iowa, he's seen some playing time and is looking good on Special Teams.

scottyboy
09-12-2007, 02:52 PM
OG Anthony Davis has shown great promise. he hasnt started, but he comes in some series' and knocks guys around. He came in alot in the Buffalo win for RU... he's gonna be a future stud on our line

themaninblack
09-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Knowshon Moreno(RS FROSH) has been pretty impressive thus far for the bulldogs. Trinton Sturdivant has been as well.

draftguru151
09-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Knowshon Moreno(RS FROSH) has been pretty impressive thus far for the bulldogs. Trinton Sturdivant has been as well.

Moreno is really fun to watch. Amazing quickness and plays with a lot of energy.

DChess
09-12-2007, 07:30 PM
noel devine has three td's already

vatech=accdomination
09-12-2007, 08:02 PM
i watched UNC yesterday, Marvin Austin if he ups his stamina will be a great player, he wasnt even trying and he was easily getting past double teams, but then he was tired and didnt wanna chase the QB

MikeIsGood
09-12-2007, 08:03 PM
A name to watch out for (note: pure speculation here) is Kyle Jefferson, WR for the Badgers. With Paul Hubbard out for an extended period of time, Jefferson will be starting opposite Luke Swan. He's skinny as a stick, but stands 6'5 and can really haul it down the field - he was a track star in Ohio his Senior year. State champion in the 400-meter dash. He has all the tools. We'll see if he can have an impact in the Badgers' passing game.

kwilk103
09-12-2007, 09:16 PM
true freshman jock sanders will be playing in the slot thursday vs maryland

so will true freshman brandon hogan

devine will be spelling slaton; also may line up in slot/backfield at same time as slaton

devine/sanders started returning kicks in 3rd quarter vs marshall when the game was still close; possibly returning kicks thursday

also as mentioned earlier lazear will be on kickoff coverage team

out of 22 true freshman (some of this class were juco transfers; 1 or 2 didnt qualify) 7 look to have an impact this year

rb devine, sanders
lb lazear
wr will johnson
s evan rodriguez, sidney glover
wr hogan

BamaFalcon59
09-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Dwyer for Georgia Tech is doing very well, not all of it has been mop up duty either. Tashard Choice needs a rest and in comes Dwyer and thus far there has been no drop off.

That's my friends cousin. Been telling me about him for over a year, I saw his stats for the Notre Dame game and was like 'wow'.

themaninblack
09-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Moreno is really fun to watch. Amazing quickness and plays with a lot of energy.

ya he runs really hard and i honestly think he's better than thomas brown and kregg lumkin already. thats not a knock on them because theyre both solid players but knowshon is gonna be special. I cant wait to see him and Caleb King on the field at the same time. its gonna be unreal.

energizerbunny
09-16-2007, 09:57 PM
Eric Berry has looked like one of the better Tennessee defenders at times this season. He can really come up and hit in the run game.