PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on a Trade?

Scott Wright
09-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Hey,

I am considering a fantasy trade and wanted to get an outside perspective.

It's 6 pts. for TD's, 1 pt. for every 20 yds. rushing or receiving and 1 pt. for 50 yds. passing. It's also a keeper league where we can carry over as many as 6 players. Start 1 QB, 2 RB and 2 WR. Here's my current roster:

QB
P Manning
B Favre

RB
F Gore
T Henry
C Portis
B Jacobs

WR
L Evans
S Moss
M Jones
D Jackson
K Curtis

The deal would be me sending Clinton Portis and Darrell Jackson or Santana Moss in return for Torry Holt and Jamal Lewis.

The injury to Brandon Jacobs complicates matters a bit and I am still high on Clinton Portis but I like the idea of using some of that running back depth to get a top wideout.

Thoughts?

bsaza2358
09-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Scott, IMO, you should stand pat and try to grab Ward of the Giants to fill in while Jacobs rehabs. I am not a fan of Jamal Lewis this season at all this season. I obviously like Holt better than Moss or Jackson, but the upgrade in WR is not worth the downgrade at RB.

Scott Wright
09-10-2007, 02:23 PM
Scott, IMO, you should stand pat and try to grab Ward of the Giants to fill in while Jacobs rehabs. I am not a fan of Jamal Lewis this season at all this season. I obviously like Holt better than Moss or Jackson, but the upgrade in WR is not worth the downgrade at RB.

Well, remember my starters are Frank Gore and Travis Henry so right now Portis is #3 and Jacobs is #4 for me. As much as I like Portis and the running back depth that I have this is a good chance to deal a backup who probably won't help me much for a Top 3 wideout and a long-term keeper. Also, I will have a shot at both Chris Brown and Derrick Ward on waivers.

bsaza2358
09-10-2007, 03:05 PM
If you can get Ward or Brown, you should consider this deal, but for more value. If you can get something better than Lewis (think Ahman Green), plus Holt, I'd say do it. I wouldn't be comfortable playing Jamal in any game this season. Holt is a stud, but he's not that young. I'd advise against moving Santana Moss. I have a feeling about the Skins.

princefielder28
09-10-2007, 03:24 PM
I would do it considering your depth at RB. Torry Holt is one of the most consistent wideouts week in and week out and he would most certainly be an upgrade at the position for you. As far as Jamal Lewis goes I see him having a big year, more in the second half though, when the left side of the line will be one hell of a unit and he'll get a majority of the carries regardless of who is at QB

Borat
09-10-2007, 03:33 PM
If you can get Brown from the waiver wire, I'd say pull the trigger til it goes click.

NYGibril28
09-10-2007, 03:33 PM
Well, remember my starters are Frank Gore and Travis Henry so right now Portis is #3 and Jacobs is #4 for me. As much as I like Portis and the running back depth that I have this is a good chance to deal a backup who probably won't help me much for a Top 3 wideout and a long-term keeper. Also, I will have a shot at both Chris Brown and Derrick Ward on waivers.

Then why ask for our advice, you seem content on making this deal...

scottyboy
09-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Scott, without a doubt. Holt is one of the best WR's to have for fantasy. always consistant with a good QB who gets him the ball. There will always be that sleeper back you can pick up, and this year it may very well be Ward

thetedginnshow
09-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Haha. Scott's too good for the fantasy thread. But that's a fairly weird trade. I wouldn't want Lewis, but you should try to get Santana off your team.

bsaza2358
09-10-2007, 03:44 PM
Last season, Portis was a top-7 option in most fantasy formats. Even with his possible injury concerns, he's still okay to start in many leagues. The downgrade is really too much unless Scott can grab Brown off waivers to maintain his depth.

RoyHall#1
09-10-2007, 04:21 PM
I would do it without hesitation, but then again I'm a Brown's fan.

bsaza2358
09-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Hmm... you're a Browns fan, and you think Lewis is a good buy over Portis? Is your name Phil Savage?

RoyHall#1
09-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Hmm... you're a Browns fan, and you think Lewis is a good buy over Portis? Is your name Phil Savage?

Haha, I just think Holt will be a top 3 WR this year.

DChess
09-10-2007, 04:49 PM
how did you possibly get henry, manning and gore? 4 team league?

bsaza2358
09-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Scott said it was a keeper league. Probably carried Manning and Gore over.

BrownsTown
09-10-2007, 05:34 PM
With Gore's injury history and Denver's...Shanahan-ness, it'd be good to keep a good 3rd running back. I watched Lewis play yesterday...I was not encouraged.

nvot9
09-10-2007, 08:28 PM
I would definitely do this trade. Do it for Jackson instead of Moss though. Yes, I have Portis on MY team, and yes, I think he'll do very well this year (he's off to a good start) but like you mentioned, with the depth you have at RB (2 very capable starters, Henry looks good in Denver) you can absolutely afford to go for a standout WR which gives you exceptional depth at WR and 4 capable starters there. Bulger and Holt are great together, so you can expect big numbers there. But expect nothing from Lewis. You can then use him, and a WR (now that you have nice depth there) to package together and pick-up a decent RB to be your 3 guy for bye week purposes, bsaza mentioned Ward from the Giants, that's not a bad idea, or even Reuben D.

RyanLeaf#1
09-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Did you decide to make the trade?

thebow305
09-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Definitely, especially seeing how Moss played this week, and Jackson for that matter.