PDA

View Full Version : Carolina fans...

Shiver
09-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Where are you? I figured that I would see an influx of trash talk and general gloating since the Panthers were the only team that actually looked good this week.

SchizophrenicBatman
09-10-2007, 05:08 PM
attempting to not upset the karma

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
09-10-2007, 05:13 PM
I always have mixed feelings when watching Panthers games. On one hand, I want my boy Jake to succeed. But then, obviously, the only NFC South team I want to see winning games is the Saints. Carolina, can you guys move to another division, please?

thefalconer
09-10-2007, 05:36 PM
the panthers actually had a good start this season so they could be a force in the nfc. of course shall they make it to the coveted game in arizona, they will get crushed by the afc representative.

ShutDwn
09-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Where are you? I figured that I would see an influx of trash talk and general gloating since the Panthers were the only team that actually looked good this week.

None of us (panther fans on this board) are really trash talkers. ha. I mean we will argue our points but we don't usually bring in other teams players, coaches etc...

I don't like boasting them cause I think they will lose if I do.

But we are really happy with the new coordinator and Jake's first game.

d34ng3l021
09-11-2007, 03:48 AM
Good start. The Panthers usually start off slow, and then tear it up around the end of the season...

Could the domination begin early?

iloxygenil
09-11-2007, 10:39 AM
I think it's more of just them getting the quick start and will fade late this time. I just don't know about the Panties this season, but they have the RB combo to do REALLY well...so who knows.

I just am happy that the Falcons are going to win more games than people said we would. We won't have this bad luck every game out, that's for sure.

ShutDwn
09-11-2007, 01:54 PM
I think it's more of just them getting the quick start and will fade late this time. I just don't know about the Panties this season, but they have the RB combo to do REALLY well...so who knows.

I just am happy that the Falcons are going to win more games than people said we would. We won't have this bad luck every game out, that's for sure.

Why exactly would they fade?

thefalconer
09-11-2007, 02:29 PM

i really dont understand your optimism for this season. say we do have a 7-9 win season, what good will that do us? maybe a wildcard entry into the playoffs to be dominated against in the weak nfc? we cant beat the miserly vikings but somehow are we gonna beat the cards, 49ers, and colts? i really doubt we can beat the panthers and bucs this year. we just looked ugly last week.

Star Wideout
09-11-2007, 03:04 PM
They also will be playing teams much better than the Vikings.

Shiver
09-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Atlanta's remaining schedule:

@ Jacksonville L
vs Carolina L
vs Houston L
@ Tennessee L
vs New York W
vs New Orleans L
vs San Francisco L
@ Carolina L
vs Tampa Bay W
vs Indianapolis L
@ St Louis L
vs New Orleans L
@ Tampa Bay L
@ Arizona L
vs Seattle W

Those are my predictions: 3-13, hello top-3 draft pick.

d34ng3l021
09-11-2007, 04:49 PM
I think we sweep TB.

SchizophrenicBatman
09-11-2007, 05:32 PM
You guys will beat us once. We always have to drop one game a season to a quarterback that should be working at the local 7-11 instead of in the NFL. I like to call it the "McCown corollary"

Remember, Romomania began because he dominated us in the first start of his career. I'm very concerned about the Houston game, only because they've been qualifiers for this rule pretty much every time we've played them

Shiver
09-11-2007, 06:05 PM
I think if you put Houston in the NFC South they would be right up there in contention for the division crown. I wouldn't sleep on them.

thefalconer
09-11-2007, 06:31 PM
the texans looked very sharp in their first game. they are starting to gel and with that def slowly maturing, they will be a force in a couple years.

Caddy
09-12-2007, 02:22 AM
I think we sweep TB.

I severely doubt that.

Shiver
09-12-2007, 02:27 AM
I gave it a split since I think both teams are lousy and it will be hard for one team to be that exponentially better than the other.

Caddy
09-12-2007, 02:45 AM
I gave it a split since I think both teams are lousy and it will be hard for one team to be that exponentially better than the other.

And to think a few seasons ago the NFC South was one of the best in football.

Shiver
09-12-2007, 03:49 AM
That's just how the NFL is. Atlanta and Tampa Bay will rebound in two or three years and be at the top. It's a cyclical sport.

Caddy
09-12-2007, 07:00 AM
Can't argue with that. Maybe we will see NFC overtaking the AFC as the best conference in the NFL, although that might take a little longer.

Auron
09-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Saints/Bucs game this week should be interesting first South Divisional game of the season.

I want to know if the Saints really are that bad, or if it's just a case of them having 1 horrid performance. Also want to know if the Bucs will be improved over last season. They had a rough game vs. Seattle, but the Seahawks are a tough opponent on the road so I'm not ready to discount them.

comahan
09-12-2007, 11:05 AM
They're cowering at the presence of the Texans.

Its true.

Shiver
09-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Saints/Bucs game this week should be interesting first South Divisional game of the season.

I want to know if the Saints really are that bad, or if it's just a case of them having 1 horrid performance. Also want to know if the Bucs will be improved over last season. They had a rough game vs. Seattle, but the Seahawks are a tough opponent on the road so I'm not ready to discount them.

I predict a 40-3 romp for the Saints.

Auron
09-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Eh I'd like to be as optimistic. I really hope Payton can re-motivate the team after that loss and they come out fired up with some of the same intensity the showed last season.

One thing that does give me hope is that for as bad as the Defense was in the Second half when it collapsed. Before that we had managed to hold the Colts Offense to 10 points in the first half. Which going back was a bit surprising.

I think Gruden desperately wants to win this one, and he's going to pull out all the stops... Unexpected trick plays, going for it on 4th & Short in certain situations. (For his job security he must turn it around over there) I will say if we lose to the Bucs and fall to 0-2 some confidence will be shook, and I'm not exactly sure this would be a playoff team anymore.

Tampa 2 4 life
09-12-2007, 12:24 PM

Monte Kiffin's Defense Vs. Joey Harrington....Hmm...

Shiver
09-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Monte Kiffin's Defense Vs. Joey Harrington....Hmm...

When Simeon Rice, Warren Sapp, John Lynch, Hardy Nickerson, Ronde Barber, Donnie Abraham and Derrick Brooks find the fountain of youth and put on their Pewter pants I will be scared.

Caddy
09-12-2007, 04:53 PM

We aren't that bad.

Shiver
09-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Alright, 31-7 then.

P-L
09-12-2007, 08:25 PM
I really like Carolina this year. Maybe it's because I felt that they severely underachieved last year, and weren't nearly as bad of a team as they played like. Injuries were a factor, but they didn't play up to their abilities. I picked this team to win the NFC South before the New Orleans debacle in the first game of the season. If Delhomme can play well and limit his mistakes and Lucas and Gamble can play up to their abilities, I see no reason to think this team can't take the South.

Auron
09-12-2007, 09:40 PM
I really like Carolina this year. Maybe it's because I felt that they severely underachieved last year, and weren't nearly as bad of a team as they played like. Injuries were a factor, but they didn't play up to their abilities. I picked this team to win the NFC South before the New Orleans debacle in the first game of the season. If Delhomme can play well and limit his mistakes and Lucas and Gamble can play up to their abilities, I see no reason to think this team can't take the South.

That was the scenario I feared coming into the season. I knew Carolina was a better team than what they displayed last season, they were hit with injuries early and got some tough breaks. Couple that with my paranoid, worry about the Saints falling back a bit and Week 1 was not so kind to dispel that fear.

but alas it's only Week 1 and more games need to be played. I was impressed by Carolina particularly their Offensive play calling which seemed much more balanced, and effective.

Caddy
09-13-2007, 02:17 AM
Alright, 31-7 then.

I think the Buc's will have more than 7 points in their home opener at Ray Jay although I still don't think our D will do enough to contain the Saints all day. But we do have a pirate ship in our stadium so don't forget to factor that in :).

joercky
09-13-2007, 07:15 AM
Call me crazy but I still think David Carr would be better in this offense even after the Rams game.

Shiver
09-13-2007, 01:16 PM
I think the Buc's will have more than 7 points in their home opener at Ray Jay although I still don't think our D will do enough to contain the Saints all day. But we do have a pirate ship in our stadium so don't forget to factor that in :).

You know I'm just joking around..

etk
09-13-2007, 01:45 PM

A road split would make sense, since both teams are so horribly inconsistent (or just plain woeful) that home field has no effect. The team that eats more Wheaties for breakfast will probably take the cake.

etk
09-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Call me crazy but I still think David Carr would be better in this offense even after the Rams game.

The Panthers don't have the kind of brick wall pass protection that's needed to make Carr effective. I used to love watching Texans games because I could go grab a snack at the start of any play without missing any action, because Carr just drops back stunned and waits to get hammered. A change of scenery probably won't help him make his reads and throws any quicker, so I doubt he would have much effect in this offense other than the odd Hail Mary to Steve Smith.

Shiver
09-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Why do people like David Carr so much? Sure Houston didn't have an all-pro O-Line, but almost every analyst blamed Carr for a lot of the sacks he took. He never learned how the process information, read and anticipate and make stick throws down the field. He would either check down, throw a lob to Andre Johnson or get crushed.

etk
09-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Why do people like David Carr so much? Sure Houston didn't have an all-pro O-Line, but almost every analyst blamed Carr for a lot of the sacks he took. He never learned how the process information, read and anticipate and make stick throws down the field. He would either check down, throw a lob to Andre Johnson or get crushed.

People become enamored with "the QB prototype" and forget about the basics of the position. It doesn't matter how strong your arm is or how fast you are if you can't make pre-snap reads, dissect coverages and throw quick passes in the seams. Those are the most important skills for a QB, and the reasons why guys like Chad Pennington & Brad Johnson can have success in this league. Carr still hasn't progressed much as a passer from his days at Fresno State and he is very difficult to coach because of his lack of mental tools.

SchizophrenicBatman
09-14-2007, 09:55 PM
David Carr has shown absolutely nothing in Carolina to suggest that he could be a good quaterback here, or anywhere. If Jake goes down I'd almost rather see if Steve Beuerlein would rather get his ass out of the announcing booth than hand the keys over to Carr

ShutDwn
09-16-2007, 02:29 PM
You guys will beat us once. We always have to drop one game a season to a quarterback that should be working at the local 7-11 instead of in the NFL. I like to call it the "McCown corollary"

Remember, Romomania began because he dominated us in the first start of his career. I'm very concerned about the Houston game, only because they've been qualifiers for this rule pretty much every time we've played them

This is why we don't brag.

I was actually expecting them to be able to throw through our defense like were nothing. Happens every time we play a incoming starter.

We help QBs get on their feet and give them some help getting started.

Tampa 2 4 life
09-16-2007, 03:03 PM
Alright, 31-7 then.

You got that backwards...