PDA

View Full Version : Rocky McIntosh?

DMWSackMachine
09-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Hey guys, I want to get everyone's non-homer opinion on McIntosh. He had a huge stats day yesterday, and he seems like he is in position to get a lot of playmaking opportunities in your defense this season. I noticed he hasn't been getting much attention here, is that a bad sign?

I am close to adding him in a few IDP (Individual Defensive Player) leagues, and I need some assurances that its not fools gold. Please advise, asap!

SeanTaylorRIP
09-11-2007, 01:54 PM
You basically got it on the head, and the reason you haven't heard much around here is cause no one posts here. Anyways you can read from my preseason posts back a month every single game I praised him. Throughout the preseason he has been an absolute tackling machine along with London. He has been so impressive and yes he is in a playmaking role with the ability to get huge tackling numbers for your fantasy purposes. He is an entirely different player this year, as in other years he tried to just fit within the system, this year with some coaching flexibility is really going for plays and making tackles, his speed and instincts are rare for the position, obviously won't near London in tackles as London is good for 10+ every game but he should get 7-8 tackles a game and contribute in pass defense statistics.

bigbluedefense
09-12-2007, 09:58 AM
How's that defense looking so far? I predicted them to be top 10 this year, and my main worries lie with Smoot and the dline.

Is the dline playing well? Is Smoot back to form? Is Williams dialing up those blitzes like we expected him too?

I think you guys have the best LB core in the East. If your secondary can get back to form, I think this D can be very deadly. An NFC version of the Broncos if you will.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-12-2007, 02:13 PM
How's that defense looking so far? I predicted them to be top 10 this year, and my main worries lie with Smoot and the dline.

Is the dline playing well? Is Smoot back to form? Is Williams dialing up those blitzes like we expected him too?

I think you guys have the best LB core in the East. If your secondary can get back to form, I think this D can be very deadly. An NFC version of the Broncos if you will.

Well our defense first game was amazing, really other than the offensive turnovers the only score we gave up was a TD with no time left in the 2nd. Really it was a lucky play, 2 seconds left to the half on the 5 yard line and surprisingly they went for it instead of a field goal and Trent Green squeezed in a pass across his body, great throw, the defender was all over the guy but just one of those great throws. As for the D-line run defense is much improved from last year and Andre Carter has waken up. Statistically it was only 1 sack but he could have easily had 3 and had several pressures, he is looking very good. Blitzing we did marginally but it really wasn't needed, because we stopped the run first and 2nd down they were constantly in 3rd and 9's so we just played off and let them get 7 yards on 3rd down. We only Blitzed Landry a couple times but he was picked up. Speaking of the safety's they were tremendous in run support, Taylor and Landry were flying on the field finishing off plays. On a Ted Ginn reverse it was one on one Ginn tried to shake Landry but Landry blew him up. Neither though were challenged on the long ball as the Dolphins made no serious vertical threat in the game. All of Greens 180 or so yards were on the intermediate stuff. Smoot was not very good at all. He did however make the biggest defensive play of the game as he stopped their final drive although it should have been an interception. Chambers picked on him all day as he was giving too much of a cushion. Surprisingly the best aspect of his game was his tackling which was pretty good. Springs was great in his few plays and I wondered why the hell he was playing Nickel with Smoot starting but apparently according to Gibbs they did not want to push in him so quickly since he is coming off injury and did not play in the preseason. David Macklin should also be solid. I too have high expectations for this defense and feel like they will return as one of the better defenses but obviously there are still pieces that would need to fall in place for that to happen.