PDA

View Full Version : Chad Henne

diabsoule
09-10-2007, 06:04 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3012933

Henne will sit out the Notre Dame game this coming Saturday. After his performances against Appalachian State and Oregon, and now his injury, how does this affect his draft status? He was considered a first round QB. Does this affect his draft status?

Michigan
09-10-2007, 07:08 PM
He was in 1st round contention to start the year, but his past two performances have really hurt his stock. It's to tell hard how good of a QB he is after 2 shockingly bad performances though. He could get it back together, or this could become the norm. The injury doesn't help him, but it's not something that will keep him out more than a week or two. It's gonna be a while before we can get an accurate guage of his stock.

SuperKevin
09-10-2007, 07:10 PM
I'd like to think henne is a 3rd round pick at best now. His poor mechanics and timing are being reveled to be a major issue

jbeans187
09-10-2007, 07:58 PM
I never considered him a 1st round pick

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-10-2007, 08:42 PM
This dude could even drop to teh 2nd day now... Should've left when there was a weak QB class...

princefielder28
09-10-2007, 08:49 PM
I've never been the highest on Henne as a pro prospect, but I would say now he's probably a later in Day 1 Pick

Vikes99ej
09-10-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm with PF28; I never ever saw Henne as a first round pick.

JT Jag
09-11-2007, 12:39 AM
I never considered him a 1st round pickI'd like to think henne is a 3rd round pick at best now. His poor mechanics and timing are being reveled to be a major issueThis dude could even drop to teh 2nd day now... Should've left when there was a weak QB class...The bum isn't even worth picking up in undrafted free agency!

We were playing the slippery slope game, right?

Flyboy
09-11-2007, 01:42 AM

Neither did I.

geaux tigers
09-11-2007, 02:20 AM
Henne doesnt have much going for him right now. 13 games to the season if Michigan makes it to a bowl. Henne already have 2 bad performances and will miss 1 maybe 2 games. So he only has 7-9 more games for a chance to play lights out. I'm guessing 2nd day pick.

Brohm, Ainge, Woodson, Brennan, Booty, and whoever else might step up this season. 4th round at best.

SchizophrenicBatman
09-11-2007, 02:33 AM
I never thought much of Henne but this may be one of those cases where people get so down on him that he becomes underrated after being overrated

diabsoule
09-11-2007, 02:46 AM
I never thought much of him to begin with and thought that him being considered first round material was a bit absurd.

underscore
09-11-2007, 06:26 AM
" As for Henne, beleaguered U-M coach Lloyd Carr refused to define in a Monday press conference either his injury versus Oregon or his prognosis. But two extremely dependable sources have told me it looks like four weeks before he could come back.

It's a grade-2 sprain of the left knee, which means he almost certainly is out for the Penn State game (a 3:30 start on ABC) in 11 days. Target date for return at the moment is somewhere around the Purdue home game Oct. 13 or the road trip to Illinois on Oct. 20. "

http://www.pennlive.com/patriotnews/stories/index.ssf?/base/columnists/1189464002229970.xml&coll=1&thispage=2

keylime_5
09-11-2007, 09:55 AM
I never was really impressed with Henne. Sure he has decent tools, but he's never led his team to big wins and caused defenses to shudder at his prescense the way a big time QB prospect does when the game's on the line. Plus, Michigan's offense the past 15 years in run it, do dinks/dunks, then throw the fade to their #1 WR (Edwards, Manningham, Terrell, or whoever). Tom Brady is like the only good QB Michigan's had in the pros that I can remember, and he wasn't even supposed to be a good pro. Grvbac, Navarre, Griese, Harbaugh, Collins....al bums in the NFL. (Okay Harbaugh was decent sometimes, but stunk mostly). I think round 2 or 3 is where he'll go depending on the demand for QBs.

I think the QBs will go in this order though:
1-Brohm (rd1)
2-Woodson (rd1)
3-Brennan (rd1)
4-Ryan (rd 1)
5-Henne (rd 2/3)
6-Booty (rd 2/3)

Iamcanadian
09-11-2007, 10:31 AM
If Stanton could remain a 2nd rounder after his poor senior showing, then Henne won't drop too much. Michigan QB's have too long of a history of being better pros than they were as college players for some pro team not to take a shot on Day 1. You cannot teach arm strength and Henne has that. He'll still easily be a day 1 pick depending on his injury status.

CARDIAC CAT 7
09-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Henne better pray that Mallett doesnt show signs of life otherwise when Henne comes back and if he has a couple more really bad games, I wouldnt be suprised to see him on the bench. The injury looks fishy to begin with, Henne is a warrior he would go out and play if they let him. Day 2 Pick no matter what happens the rest of the year, due to previous seasons.

Apriori
09-11-2007, 02:14 PM
I never was really impressed with Henne. Sure he has decent tools, but he's never led his team to big wins and caused defenses to shudder at his prescense the way a big time QB prospect does when the game's on the line. Plus, Michigan's offense the past 15 years in run it, do dinks/dunks, then throw the fade to their #1 WR (Edwards, Manningham, Terrell, or whoever). Tom Brady is like the only good QB Michigan's had in the pros that I can remember, and he wasn't even supposed to be a good pro. Grvbac, Navarre, Griese, Harbaugh, Collins....al bums in the NFL. (Okay Harbaugh was decent sometimes, but stunk mostly). I think round 2 or 3 is where he'll go depending on the demand for QBs.

I think the QBs will go in this order though:
1-Brohm (rd1)
2-Woodson (rd1)
3-Brennan (rd1)
4-Ryan (rd 1)
5-Henne (rd 2/3)
6-Booty (rd 2/3)

...Which is exactly why Rivals.com named Michigan "QB U"?
Brady: No explanation needed
Brian Griese: 10+ Year Career, Pro Bowl, Super Bowl
Todd Collins: 13-Year Career
Elvis Grbac: 10-Year Career, Pro Bowl
Harbaugh: 14-Year Career, Pro Bowl
Scott Dreisbach: 8-Year Career (Admittedly between the NFL and AFL)
Drew Henson: Failure. But it was sort of his fault anyways.
John Navarre: Would be Indy's 3rd QB if they had one.

Even if you count Dreisbach, Henson, and Navarre as "bums", then still over half of Michigan's recent QBs have had productive NFL careers. It doesn't matter if Collins, Harbaugh, and Grbac never won 3 Super Bowls, because bad players do not last 10+ years in the NFL in any capacity. What other school has this track record?

http://nfldraft.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=537412

phunnypharm
09-11-2007, 02:35 PM

Agreed!

I'm even a Michigan fan......but he has below average pocket presence and looks like he wears cement shoes. USC exposed this last year when they blitzed him and he was largely ineffective.

Even if you count Dreisbach, Henson, and Navarre as "bums", then still over half of Michigan's recent QBs have had productive NFL careers. It doesn't matter if Collins, Harbaugh, and Grbac never won 3 Super Bowls, because bad players do not last 10+ years in the NFL in any capacity. What other school has this track record?

Even though each of these QBs was a "productive" QB in college......many of them have the same FLAW that keeps them from having great success in the NFL.

MOBILITY.

I'm not talking about SPEED either.

Tom Brady has "phone booth" quicks in the pocket, and Griese has decent mobility.

The others all have the same problem Henne is plagued with: CEMENT SHOE SYNDROME.

As a U of M fan......... it drives me nuts to see all of these BIG lumbering QBs that can't win an important game against good, FAST defenses. Ohio State has killed Michigan since Tressel took over (won of 5 of 6 games) with solid defenses, and U of M has lost 5 of their last 6 bowl games.

SuperKevin
09-11-2007, 02:36 PM

You can also include former Wolverine and current Patriots 3rd stringer Matt Guitierrez on that list

Hawk
09-11-2007, 02:46 PM
But people are always aware of QB's from Michigan, hoping that they might hit it big, with a QB that came from the same system as Tom Brady

Apriori
09-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Agreed!

I'm even a Michigan fan......but he has below average pocket presence and looks like he wears cement shoes. USC exposed this last year when they blitzed him and he was largely ineffective.

Even though each of these QBs was a "productive" QB in college......many of them have the same FLAW that keeps them from having great success in the NFL.

MOBILITY.

I'm not talking about SPEED either.

Tom Brady has "phone booth" quicks in the pocket, and Griese has decent mobility.

The others all have the same problem Henne is plagued with: CEMENT SHOE SYNDROME.

As a U of M fan......... it drives me nuts to see all of these BIG lumbering QBs that can't win an important game against good, FAST defenses. Ohio State has killed Michigan since Tressel took over (won of 5 of 6 games) with solid defenses, and U of M has lost 5 of their last 6 bowl games.

Completely true, but speed in itself doesn't make a quarterback good or bad. Michigan has always had old school statue quarterbacks because Michigan has always been old school.
Although I expect that to change in the next few years.

d34ng3l021
09-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Chad 'My team sucks' Henne

Basileus777
09-11-2007, 05:23 PM

Of all those qbs Brady and Harbaugh are the only ones that were ever above average. Most of them are career backups. Maybe Michigan is the backup qb U, but I don't think that helps Henne's cause.

And Brian Griese is as much of a Superbowl qb as Jim Sorgi....

Michigan
09-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Of all those qbs Brady and Harbaugh are the only ones that were ever above average. Most of them are career backups. Maybe Michigan is the backup qb U, but I don't think that helps Henne's cause.

Name me another school who has sent their last 8 starting QB's to the NFL.

Staubach12
09-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Never was a big fan of his, I always thought him being a 1st rounder was a bit absurd. Anyway, I think if this trend continues, there will be a huge drop in his stock, possibly putting him in the 2nd day.

Travis 24
09-12-2007, 05:34 PM
...Hahaha...Now I don't feel bad at all for putting Henne 7th on my rankings...told ya