PDA

View Full Version : Add Orlando Pace to the injury list

nfrillman
09-10-2007, 06:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3013232

Orlando Pace suffered a possibly career threatening injury Sunday. He will be out for at least the rest of the season with a torn labrom and rotator cuff in his right shoulder. This is obviously a blow the Rams. It is unknown, but semi-expected that Alex Barron will move to LT, his natural position. Adam Goldberg will likely fill the remaining O-line spot.

diabsoule
09-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Wow. That's a huge loss to the Rams. There goes their running game too. I hope its not as bad as they say it is.

Tubby
09-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Other than Steven Jackson getting injured, I dont think there is anything else I could've wanted more.

yodabear
09-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Its official, we are in the Brian Brhom sweepstakes.

Geo
09-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Absolutely terrible news for the Rams and Pace. His Hall of Fame career could potentially be derailed, and things aren't looking good for Bulger - especially (!) if Alex Barron is his left tackle. Yikes, the thought of that alone is scary, I doubt Bulger will get much sleep this week and season.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Since he's another lineman and I don't want to make a thread for him, Jon Jansen out for the rest of the season possibly his career.

Komp
09-10-2007, 06:32 PM
What % do we think Steven Jackson's #'s are going to suffer? 20%? 40% Might be time to trade him while his value is still high...

yodabear
09-10-2007, 06:33 PM
What % do we think Steven Jackson's #'s are going to suffer? 20%? 40% Might be time to trade him while his value is still high...

98.7%, he is gonna go down with an injury next week along with Bulger.

HawkeyeFan
09-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Rams have moved Alex Barron to Left Tackle.

yodabear
09-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Rams have moved Alex Barron to Left Tackle.

There are no such things as football gods.

Geo
09-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Good luck with that.

yodabear
09-10-2007, 06:39 PM
With the #1 pick in the 2008 NFL draft the Rams select Jake Long, offensive tackle, University of Michigan. Yeah hoo!

yodabear
09-10-2007, 06:53 PM
If everyone on our team gets injured and we run out of money to bring people in, what do we do cuz I could see it happen with Pace out. Although, Gus can't be hurt, he is immortal.

CC.SD
09-10-2007, 06:57 PM
With the #1 pick in the 2008 NFL draft the Rams select Jake Long, offensive tackle, University of Michigan. Yeah hoo!

Glenn Dorsey?

PoopSandwich
09-10-2007, 07:40 PM
There are no such things as football gods.

Yes there are, they just root against Cleveland.

neko4
09-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Yes there are, they just root against Cleveland.
its cuz jim brown made a deal with the demons of football and so the gods are making the browns pay for it

fenikz
09-10-2007, 07:52 PM
wow that is a huge blow, as someone else said he is probably the worst possibly person to get injured beside Jackson

nfrillman
09-10-2007, 08:49 PM

Don't do anything crazy now. The Rams were 5-3 without Pace last season and 3-5 with him.

Jackson's stats with Pace- 681 rushing yards, 4.1 per carry, 5 total TD's, 1112 total yards.
Jackson without Pace- 847 rushing yards, 4.7 per carry, 11 total TD's, 1222 total yards.

I am also not sure why there is a dislike for Barron, he is a very good player who will be moving back to his natural position. Goldberg is also better than most think, obviously not Pace, but he is not bad.

Komp
09-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Yah its a keeper league so I'd obviously like to hold on to him. On the other hand I have a pretty good chance to win this year...I thought about trying to get Gore for him, but I don't know about that either. lol...I'll probably just keep him.

keylime_5
09-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Other than Steven Jackson getting injured, I dont think there is anything else I could've wanted more.

:( Well I hope you get hurt too and tear some tendons tomorrow...b/c that's basically what you just said to Pace. (we should never rejoice ever when a player gets hurt in the NFL...unless TO tears a hamstring doing a touchdown celebration or something like that, then it's okay -but that's different)

nfrillman
09-10-2007, 10:02 PM
:( Well I hope you get hurt too and tear some tendons tomorrow...b/c that's basically what you just said to Pace. (we should never rejoice ever when a player gets hurt in the NFL...unless TO tears a hamstring doing a touchdown celebration or something like that, then it's okay -but that's different)

Yeah, I would have to agree that celebrating someone getting injured is a very low thing to do. When significant injuries like this happen it can effect a player the rest of their careers and lives. Wanting your particular team to succeed should not lead to you wishing poor health on another human.

Xenos
09-11-2007, 01:44 AM

Not as much as I want Walter Jones and Shaun Alexander hurt....

Flyboy
09-11-2007, 01:49 AM

Who wishes injuries on opposing teams, division or not?

Ugh.

Shiver
09-11-2007, 01:52 AM
Show some class people. Honestly, you are no better than the drunk masses that cheered when Pennington got hurt.

BlindSite
09-11-2007, 01:57 AM

Huge amounts.

The Panthers were doing an adequate job against the run and pass with Pace in there, but Jackson's day was over, as was bulger's when Pace went down. Rucker flat abused Goldberg.

Larry
09-11-2007, 05:58 AM
Man this a huge loss.

NIN1984
09-11-2007, 07:20 AM
Bad news for the Rams, I donít know a whole lot about Alex Barron but by the sound of things Iím guessing he is not very good.

nfrillman
09-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Bad news for the Rams, I donít know a whole lot about Alex Barron but by the sound of things Iím guessing he is not very good.

Again, I'm not sure why everyone seems to think this. For the past few seasons Pace has not been as good as the national media would lead one to believe, and Barron is much better than people seem to think. He false starts a fair amount and I think people have equated that with his abilities. Besides false starts Barron is a very good tackle.

Star Wideout
09-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Again, I'm not sure why everyone seems to think this. For the past few seasons Pace has not been as good as the national media would lead one to believe, and Barron is much better than people seem to think. He false starts a fair amount and I think people have equated that with his abilities. Besides false starts Barron is a very good tackle.
http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/playerstats.asp?id=7195&Submit=Go

In addition to a league leading 13 false start penalties. He gave up 8.75 sacks last season. That's good? He may be an average Tackle but now he's going to be on more of an island at left tackle. Going up against speed rushers he's going to get anxious and be extra jumpy.

On Sunday the Panthers really didn't have much of a pass rush while Pace was playing. as soon as he went out we started to rattle Bulger and Jackson struggled.

NGSeiler
09-11-2007, 04:37 PM
http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/playerstats.asp?id=7195&Submit=Go

In addition to a league leading 13 false start penalties. He gave up 8.75 sacks last season. That's good?

I agree. I think a number of Rams fans overestimate Barron as a blocker. I'm quite anxious about how he'll do this season at left tackle, though as I recall coming out of college he was looked at as more of a left tackle prospect. Crossing my fingers.

Borat
09-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Alex Barron is the Rams equivalent of Kwame Harris. He's a 1st round pick disappointment that hasn't been benched because there isn't anyone better to step in. 49ers were in the same situation. That's why they traded to get Joe Staley.

Staubach12
09-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Big loss, as everyone else has said. Week 1 always brings a few biguns...