PDA

View Full Version : *Week 1 Discussion*

bmoreravens5289
09-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Refs screwed us over on the PI call on Heap.....too many turnovers....Billick has gone INSANE because he called freakin passing plays on 3rd and 1 and on the goaline. Any more thoughts?

Ravens1991
09-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Horrible play calling, we are up by 1 with 7 minutes left and 5 players who could be short yardage backs and we pass on 3rd and 1. What was up with all those passes inside the 5 also when you have 5 players who can be short yardage backs.

bmoreravens5289
09-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Playcalling was horrible, i don't know what Billick was thinking.....needless to say it was a very exciting game to watch with Ed Reed returning a punt for a touchdown and everything, but man, i have so much RAGE against the refs and Billick right now its not even funny. And there were too many turnovers....and Tony Kornheiser was being an a$$hole....i could go on and on....

Ravens1991
09-10-2007, 10:00 PM
yea Reed is a beast but the play calling cost us IMO and the bull crap PI.

America
09-10-2007, 10:03 PM
***** ******* *******. thats all I have to say.

Ravens1991
09-10-2007, 10:29 PM
The worst thing for Ravens fans is when we wake up tommorow and see Ray Lewis out for the season w/ a torn tricepe.

Ravens1991
09-10-2007, 10:35 PM
And maybe Ogden also.

The Legend
09-10-2007, 11:49 PM
horriable call by the ref on the heap endzone play

thats was a TD and we should gone to O.T.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-11-2007, 05:41 AM
Awful play calling we gave Jamal 25+ carries and he got 2 yards a pop Mcgahee is getting 4+ yards a carry and on a night which the passing game produced 20 turnovers and it was wet, can't believe the playcalling. 3rd and 1 you run the ball with Mcgahee. 2nd and goal from the 1 you run the ball atleast on 2nd and probably 3rd instead of passing 2nd, 3rd, and 4th and wasting a play on a throw away in which a run would have scored for you. Playcalling sucked, everyone hates him but I love McNair, unfortunate turnovers but he made great throws and is an effing soldier, no other QB could stand in there with that awful pass blocking, he also being a man took credit for the loss after, I love him, btw Ed Reed is the man, LeRon McClain booo!!!!

ccB
09-11-2007, 07:37 AM
To be honest I dont see what was wrong with the playcalling. There was 2 TD passes to Heap right there. Its not Billicks fault that he got screwed on one and Heap just flat out dropped the other.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-11-2007, 09:38 AM
Another big game on national television that McNair played terrible in. Was there any pass he threw that a reciever didnt have to use their full vertical to get the ball? Im sick of this clown already and its only been 1 dam game. GIVE KYLE THE STARTING NOD!

jkpigskin
09-11-2007, 11:47 AM
our QB situation is sucky right now
mcnair looked terrible and the oline didnt help much... boller looked shaky and threw off his back foot on every single throw...

i hated this game so much... im so pissed

SeanTaylorRIP
09-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Boller is crap, I wouldn't have him starting on my pee wee team, he is crap and anyone who likes him must only like him on looks. Awful accuracy, his fundamentals break down in the pocket when pressured, has no sense of where defenders are, he has fumbalitist, I have posted it here hundreds of times so no need to post more, tired of McNair haters, (ERU) did he make awful mistakes sure but it was a sloppy game in general. It's not his fault Mark Clayton blows, yeah I don't care if he was hurt, And yes unlike everyone else I am still a Derrick Mason fan and haven't anointed Clayton, Demtetrius, and Sypnewski as HOF's. There I said it, lol.

bmoreravens5289
09-11-2007, 02:04 PM
I'll admit McNair did have an awful game and probably should have taken some sacks instead of throwing the ball in the air like an idiot....but I doubt that Kyle would have done any better. We needed to freakin run the ball more BILLICK!!!!! argh

Ravens1991
09-11-2007, 02:04 PM
The reason McNair threw the passes high was beause his groin was hurt, he would have lowered the passes if he planted on is leg but it would hurt his groin.

Ravens1991
09-11-2007, 02:08 PM
To be honest I dont see what was wrong with the playcalling. There was 2 TD passes to Heap right there. Its not Billicks fault that he got screwed on one and Heap just flat out dropped the other.

The thing is McGahee was looking nice and we just gave him 40 mil and we dont give it to him. Plus we had 4 backs (McGahee,Musa,McClain,Green) that could be goalline backs and we dont run it while we are so close.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-11-2007, 02:13 PM
I love how you guys wont ever give Boller credit, its actually laughable. McNair plays one of the worst games Ive ever seen and you all still ride his nuts and talk about how we shouldn't hate on him. All Kyle does is come in move the offense, put the ball in the endzone but the refs blow a call, then he throws the ball right to Heap's chest and Heap pops the ball up in the air and it gets picked, so I guess Kyle cost us this one.

bmoreravens5289
09-11-2007, 02:15 PM
These games where we are so close to winning are the most frustrating ones. And the injuries to Mcnair, Lewis, and Ogden don't help much either.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-11-2007, 02:19 PM
I love how you guys wont ever give Boller credit, its actually laughable. McNair plays one of the worst games Ive ever seen and you all still ride his nuts and talk about how we shouldn't hate on him. All Kyle does is come in move the offense, put the ball in the endzone but the refs blow a call, then he throws the ball right to Heap's chest and Heap pops the ball up in the air and it gets picked, so I guess Kyle cost us this one.

Kyle sure didn't do anything great other than twitch more than a special kid in gym class, damnit put Troy Smith in there.

bmoreravens5289
09-11-2007, 02:19 PM

I don't hate Kyle, he did put us in a postition to win the game but then the sucky playcalling took over and we lost...but Kyle rarely moves the ball as smooth as Mcnair...but whatever Kyle is probably going to start next week cause of Mcnairs groin so he'll show us then whether this contract extension we gave him was a mistake or not.

Ravens1991
09-11-2007, 02:22 PM
I didnt dis Kyle. He did throw that pass that should of been intercepted but it was so crappy it was un catchable so the S couldnt pick it off. But that one pass on 4th down to Mason was nice. But it was still dumb that we passed bout 30 times inside the 5 and we had RB who actually looked decent for once in a couple of years. Plus on 3rd and 1 w/ 7 minutes left we should have just ran it in and not passed it.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Kyle sure didn't do anything great other than twitch more than a special kid in gym class, damnit put Troy Smith in there.

Yea you're right he didnt throw a TD pass, and then throw a 2nd TD pass our sorry ass TE couldn't catch. Screw Troy Smith he aint gonna be ready to play for 2 more years and by then we'll prolly have a better QB.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Yea you're right he didnt throw a TD pass, and then throw a 2nd TD pass our sorry ass TE couldn't catch. Screw Troy Smith he aint gonna be ready to play for 2 more years and by then we'll prolly have a better QB.

Agree, we should bench sucky ass Heap, Quinn Sypnewski is 10x better. He's the chicken and waffles of TE's.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Agree, we should bench sucky ass Heap, Quinn Sypnewski is 10x better. He's the chicken and waffles of TE's.

I don't think I said that did I? I'm just tellin the truth...... Did Heap suck last night? YES

Ravens1991
09-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Yes Heap should have caught the pass but we don't have anything better at TE, Heap is top 5 in the NFL. Also maybe if Heap actually had time with Boller throwing passes he could have caught it, it looked like a timing thing. Also if there wasnt some of the stupidest play calling I have ever seen we would have won that game.

Yung Flippa
09-11-2007, 06:06 PM
That was the worst call I saw on Heap. We could have easily gotten that win.

bmoreravens5289
09-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Should have at least gone to overtime....but oh well its not the end of the world we just gotta cut down on turnovers and well do fine

dcarey20
09-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Final thoughts on the game:

Impressed with:

Willis McGahee: 19 carries for 77 yards and some nice receptions. On paper it may not look like he was outstanding but if you watched the game you know that he looked very good. For the way that the oline blocked at times, it was impressive that Mac averaged over 4 a pop. He just needs the ball more. For the time of possession that we had, Willis should have had 25 touches easy. I believe we go into overtime if Billick puts his ego aside and Willis gets the ball around the goalline at the end of the game.

Ray Lewis: What can you say? One of the gutsiest players in the game. Played with one arm and was still dominant.

Ed Reed: Not only did Reed have a game-changing punt return, but he took away the middle of the field. Carson could get nothing down the middle, and Reed was a big part of that.

Kyle Boller: Came off the bench at a crucial point and was so clutch. Made a great throw to Derrick Mason on 4th down that kept the final drive alive. Made the great lob on 4th to Heap, which should have been a TD had it not been for that horrendous call. I honestly believe he needs to be the starter.

Dissapointed with:

Marshal Yanda: Wasn't too impressed with the rook's first game. Had at least 2 false start penalties on him, and there was alot pressure coming from his side. You have to hope that Ogden can get back.

Disgusted with:

Steve McNair: Terrible. When you combine the horrible accuracy that he showed with his below average arm strength, you get bad results. At times he looked reckless, as he was holding the ball out as he was getting hit.

Brian Billick: I felt the play-calling was horrid. 3rd and 1, up by 1, and you run a play action pass. If it works you look like a genius. But in a game like this, you give the ball to your 40 million dollar man, WILLIS MCGAHEE. The same goes for the goalline play calling. 2nd and goal from the 2 yard line. RUN THE BALL. We are not the Indianapolis Colts. Again, you give the ball to the tailback who has been a force all night long. Same goes for the 3rd and goal play. There's no need to get cute with the play calling. It seems like EVERY single time we get within the five, we have to do something deceiving, instead of going with the easy play. Things like the shovel pass to Dan Wilcox on the 2 yard line last year come to mind. I don't know why it's so hard to give the ball to your 230 pound runner.

bmoreravens5289
09-11-2007, 07:11 PM
I pretty much agree with everything you said dcarey...although I would cut McNair a little more slack, he did do terrible but not terrible enough to start Boller over a healthy McNair