PDA

View Full Version : McGahee

Ravens1991
09-10-2007, 10:33 PM
What is everybodys thought on how he did? Personally I liked what I saw for it being his first game, but I hope he improves.

ChefMike
09-10-2007, 10:39 PM
He had a tremendous game I thought. No he didnt break 100yds but he also only carried the ball what 18 times ? He played better then Jamal would have and down the stretch he stepped up we should have given him the ball down inside the 5 instead we opted to pass, good that we are trying new things.. but with the game on the line we always seem to revert back and rely on what works normally but we didnt do that... otherwise I think #23 would have had his first TD as a Raven

PalmerToCJ
09-10-2007, 11:01 PM
I thought he was so-so. On some of his bigger carries he didn't get touched for forever but then on the others he had nowhere to go. I wasn't impressed but I wouldn't be discouraged if I was a Ravens fan.

Without a doubt he did better than Jamal would've but I guess that's not saying much :D

ccB
09-11-2007, 07:40 AM
He has shown me what I needed to see, that being he is an upgrade over Jamal. Now if only we can get some wins. We have an easier streak coming up in our schedule, heres to hoping we can string some wins together.

SuperKevin
09-11-2007, 01:31 PM
You're lucky that your TEs block well because a lot of those off-tackle plays didn't work in Buffalo.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-11-2007, 01:42 PM
I love his style, kind of like Rudi Johnson.

SuperKevin
09-11-2007, 01:46 PM
I love his style, kind of like Rudi Johnson.

Rudi Johnson is a lot more physical than Willis is

bmoreravens5289
09-11-2007, 02:06 PM
Willis did good for his first game here...too bad he wasnt given the ball more...like on the goaline......

EdReedUnstoppable
09-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Decent game from Willis, he better play much much better and earn that $40 million in the games for the rest of the year.

Ravens1991
09-11-2007, 02:23 PM
he wasnt getting the ball a lot, he could have easily got 2 TDs, when Musa scored it and we were inside the 5 at the end of the game.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-11-2007, 02:27 PM
He needed the ball more thats true, Im just sayin if this is what we get for 16 games then its a very disappointing signing by us, but hopefully he produces more as the games go on.

Yung Flippa
09-11-2007, 06:05 PM
I think he had a good game and DEFENTILY shown he is an upgrade from Jamal. I mean look at his debut compared Jamals in Cleveland.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-11-2007, 06:06 PM
he wasnt getting the ball a lot, he could have easily got 2 TDs, when Musa scored it and we were inside the 5 at the end of the game.

Very true 2 more carries and he could have easily had 85 yards and 2 TD's and everyone would be singing his praise.

BufFan71
09-11-2007, 06:24 PM
well (not a willis hater) but i watched the game.....

and he went down very easily on first contact...imo, and ito of my ravens fans friends...

but, hes your hb now, ill have fun cheering for lynch

see you all in week 7? 8?

Bills2083
09-11-2007, 06:27 PM
IDK if he knows the difference between 3 and 4 yet. Buffan71 should know what I'm talking about

BTW, I think that he had a pretty good game for his first time playing as a Raven (in regular season).

dcarey20
09-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Buffan71 did you watch the game? Willis was rock solid last night, and the fact that he only got 19 carries should be an embarassment to Brian Billick's play calling abilities. Steve McNair threw 30 times and you only give Willis 19 carries? The run blocking was terribly inconsistent, which made those 77 yards on 4 ypc all that more impressive. It was so refreshing to see a guy who was hitting the hole with authority and fighting for extra yardage. If Willis had gotten the ball on that 3rd and 1 or the 2nd and goal from the 2 yard line, we may have had a win. Very impressed with him and hopefully he gets more touches against the Jets.

BufFan71
09-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Buffan71 did you watch the game? Willis was rock solid last night, and the fact that he only got 19 carries should be an embarassment to Brian Billick's play calling abilities. Steve McNair threw 30 times and you only give Willis 19 carries? The run blocking was terribly inconsistent, which made those 77 yards on 4 ypc all that more impressive. It was so refreshing to see a guy who was hitting the hole with authority and fighting for extra yardage. If Willis had gotten the ball on that 3rd and 1 or the 2nd and goal from the 2 yard line, we may have had a win. Very impressed with him and hopefully he gets more touches against the Jets.

your playing the jets????

expect about 150yds, and 1td

Troj2man
09-11-2007, 07:54 PM
your playing the jets????

expect about 150yds, and 1td

You got that right! Willis McGahee has always destroyed the Jets.

BufFan71
09-11-2007, 08:01 PM
yeah, only game of the season i ever expected over 100yds rushing

EdReedUnstoppable
09-12-2007, 12:34 AM

I expect him to get over 100 this week, both Browns games, next Bengals game, and of course the Bills game.

go_ravens94
09-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Guys, sorry I've been gone, but I am still on the Ravens bandwagon this Sunday when I'm at the game vs. the Cards. I think McGahee will get better as he gets more comfortable with the O, as McNair did last year. Good game on Sunday. Billick needs to run him outside more

HoopsDemon12
09-17-2007, 08:01 PM

really? he is gonna have easily over 100 on us...

BufFan71
09-17-2007, 09:02 PM
i meant in previous season

EdReedUnstoppable
10-04-2007, 07:09 AM
McGahee is slowly becoming a favorite of mine, not only has he played well but he hasnt complained about the blocking in front of him which has been subpar, or the fact that we are not the dominant team he was expecting to join. Granted its early but I like what I see from him on and off the field thusfar.

BigDawg819
10-04-2007, 12:44 PM
McGahee has definitely been a company man since joining the team but thats to be expected this far in his tenure. I hold my judgment on him until the end of the year because we all saw what happened with Derrick Mason when he wasn't getting the ball enough.

Ravens1991
10-04-2007, 01:50 PM
yea he has done well with little blocking, a coach that doesnt want to give it to him inside the 10, and he just doesnt get the ball enough.

So to that Bills fan who has Was he worth it? So far it is looking like he may be worth it IMO.

BigDawg819
10-04-2007, 01:54 PM
yea he has done well with little blocking, a coach that doesnt want to give it to him inside the 10, and he just doesnt get the ball enough.

So to that Bills fan who has Was he worth it? So far it is looking like he may be worth it IMO.

So far I'm not seeing a $40+ million investment being justified as of yet, whatever the circumstances.

ccB
10-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Is 40 mill that much for a RB? I'd like to see his salary in comparison to other RB's in the league.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-04-2007, 02:12 PM
So far I'm not seeing a $40+ million investment being justified as of yet, whatever the circumstances.

That's nothing out of the ordinary for an NFL back. I mean heck Dockery was an average lineman in DC the worst lineman on their line and the Bills gave him a 49 million dollar contract.

ccB
10-04-2007, 02:14 PM
That's nothing out of the ordinary for an NFL back. I mean heck Dockery was an average lineman in DC the worst lineman on their line and the Bills gave him a 49 million dollar contract.

Yeah, I am not going to act like I know anything about what the average NFL back makes but 40 mil didnt seem out of the ordinary for a young back to me at least.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I am not going to act like I know anything about what the average NFL back makes but 40 mil didnt seem out of the ordinary for a young back to me at least.

Its not out of the ordinary but if you look at the proven guys who get that kind of money its guys like LJ, LT, SA, guys who takeover games and carry teams on their back for the most part. There are other guys who make that kinda money that dont deserve like Cedric Benson, and Caddy just because they are top picks.

ccB
10-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Its not out of the ordinary but if you look at the proven guys who get that kind of money its guys like LJ, LT, SA, guys who takeover games and carry teams on their back for the most part. There are other guys who make that kinda money that dont deserve like Cedric Benson, and Caddy just because they are top picks.

yeah but with the inflation of player salaries going up each year. Willis McGahee's 40 mill is in a roundabout way, less money than LT's 40 mill. If that makes any sense. Like ghetto said compared to Derrick Dockerys contract, Willis' is not bad at all.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-04-2007, 03:39 PM
yeah but with the inflation of player salaries going up each year. Willis McGahee's 40 mill is in a roundabout way, less money than LT's 40 mill. If that makes any sense. Like ghetto said compared to Derrick Dockerys contract, Willis' is not bad at all.

Its a different situation though, Buffalo needed OL help and they highly overpaid to get the top OL on the FA market because they had too. We didn't have to give up 3 picks and then give Willis 40 mil without him proving anything. But I understand what your saying about it being less than LTs 40 mil. I would say so far he hasn't been a boom but he also hasn't been a bust he has been in the middle, but hopefully soon he'll start gettin into the endzone and taking over games and winning games for us.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-04-2007, 03:41 PM
We can't really make any sort of judgments on him as a boom or bust because he hasn't even played 5 games yet. The money though risky I think changed Mcgahee's attitude as he now has something to prove as there is no contract pressure, I think he will be great for the Ravens, only time I can see him letting up is if Ray Lewis retires then there won't be anyone to stay on his ass.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-04-2007, 03:47 PM
We can't really make any sort of judgments on him as a boom or bust because he hasn't even played 5 games yet. The money though risky I think changed Mcgahee's attitude as he now has something to prove as there is no contract pressure, I think he will be great for the Ravens, only time I can see him letting up is if Ray Lewis retires then there won't be anyone to stay on his ass.

ED REED!!!

The only reason I say he hasn't been a major boom so far is because he hasn't touched the endzone on the ground yet. As for just running he has been good, with terrible blocking so thats a good sign, I just want him in the game down around the goalline and plowin into the dam endzone.

I predict 2 Willis rushing TDs this sunday.

dcarey20
10-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Willis has been a stud running the ball, and he's doing it with poor, inconsistent run blocking. He's doing some outstanding things. Running hard, making plays when there is nothing there, picking up yards by cutting up field instead of going out of bounds. As ERU said I'd like to see him get into the endzone on the ground, and I think we could see it against SF.

Ravens1991
10-05-2007, 02:07 PM
yea hopefully he gets the ball inside the 5 more then once every possesion down there. He is 6th in the NFL in rushing, #5 in the AFC and he isn't getting enough carries. He is a beast.

10-05-2007, 02:14 PM
as of what i can recall mcgahee was never a great goal line back so maybe someone like musa smith would be a better option in those situations

ccB
10-05-2007, 02:22 PM
as of what i can recall mcgahee was never a great goal line back so maybe someone like musa smith would be a better option in those situations

Well the thing is, its not like Willis is failing in goal line situations, they are just not calling plays for him there. We are not calling any rushing plays in goal line situations its crazy.

Ravens1991
10-05-2007, 02:42 PM
yea a typical thing is, pass into the endzone incomplete, run up the middle gain of 3 yards, 3 and goal on the 2, roll out lob incomplete. Kick a FG.