PDA

View Full Version : Packers-Giants Week 2 Discussion

drowe
09-11-2007, 11:50 AM
allright, it's time.

I'm already excited for the next weekend of football, so it's time to start talking about it.

Really, after a game last week where every possible bounce went the Packer's way, they get to play the Giants without Eli Manning, Brandon Jacobs or that tool DE that Giants fans have such a boner for. I'm not trying to sound over confident....but, I am saying that IF the Packers do win on sunday, they will have fallen bass ackwards into a 2-0 start.

also, really, Jared Lorenzen? The Hefty Lefty? The Round Mound of Touchdown? The Chunky from Kentucky? The Pillsbury Throwboy? The giant Giant? The Fat Former Wildcat? can't wait to watch his fat ass.

princefielder28
09-11-2007, 11:54 AM
With no pressure from the edge courtesy of Osi Umenyoira and the lack of offensive firepower, the Giants should pose little worry, but nnetheless we must bring it to them and just bury them alive

The Legend
09-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Jenkins & Kampman should bring lots of pressure

D. Diehl Vs C. Jenkins
K. McKenzie Vs A. Kampman

G. Jennings Vs C. Webster
D. Driver Vs R. McQuarters

Madison, Manning, Jacobs, Osi Out its should be fun

Jughead10
09-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Jenkins & Kampman should bring lots of pressure

D. Diehl Vs C. Jenkins
K. McKenzie Vs A. Kampman

G. Jennings Vs C. Webster
D. Driver Vs R. McQuarters

Madison, Manning, Jacobs, Osi Out its should be fun

Ware couldn't get much pressure on Diehl so I doubt Jenkins will fare better. Also don't assume Madison and Manning are out.

The Legend
09-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Ware couldn't get much pressure on Diehl so I doubt Jenkins will fare better. Also don't assume Madison and Manning are out.

manning gotta be out he disloacted his shoulder

no one can come back from that in a week

Schefter reports that Manning could return as early as Sept. 30, when the Giants host the Eagles.

and he giving the giants fans hope

Geo
09-11-2007, 12:29 PM
No matter where this is played, it could and likely will be ugly for the Giants.

Jughead10
09-11-2007, 12:29 PM
manning gotta be out he disloacted his shoulder

no one can come back from that in a week

Schefter reports that Manning could return as early as Sept. 30, when the Giants host the Eagles.

and he giving the giants fans hope

Manning did not dislocate his shoulder.

The Legend
09-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Manning did not dislocate his shoulder.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80239d6c&template=with-video&confirm=true

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning has a separated shoulder and is expected to miss at least the next two games.

Jughead10
09-11-2007, 12:33 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80239d6c&template=with-video&confirm=true

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning has a separated shoulder and is expected to miss at least the next two games.

Schefter is wrong. I trust Eli himself more than Schefter and he said it isn't seperated.

The Legend
09-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Schefter is wrong. I trust Eli himself more than Schefter and he said it isn't seperated.

you sure he's not just trying to play it down

also espn is saying it not just Schefter, http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3013266

Jughead10
09-11-2007, 12:51 PM
you sure he's not just trying to play it down

also espn is saying it not just Schefter, http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3013266

I trust the local beat writers who are with the team day in and day out and have actual contacts within the team. They say there is a chance he misses the game but if he does it would only be one game. They are also saying he is more likely to play on Sunday than miss multiple games.

Either way the Packers should be preparing like Eli is the starter regardless.

The Legend
09-11-2007, 01:44 PM
I trust the local beat writers who are with the team day in and day out and have actual contacts within the team. They say there is a chance he misses the game but if he does it would only be one game. They are also saying he is more likely to play on Sunday than miss multiple games.

Either way the Packers should be preparing like Eli is the starter regardless.

i think i would something else if he doesnt play the next 3 weeks and i was right :)

drowe
09-11-2007, 01:52 PM
well, i hope Eli misses this game and then returns. i have plaxico on my fantasy team and i don't want to be without his 3 TDs and 144 yards every week.

also, i'm REALLY excited to watch a 300 pound QB.

also, whatever happens when the dust clears on this Eli thing, somebody is gonna have some 'splaining to do. where the hell would ESPN and NFL.com get the info that Eli seperated his shoulder if it wasn't true? and if it IS true, then Eli and the Giants are blatently lying about an injury. one way or another, it's been a fishy situation.

Twiddler
09-11-2007, 02:30 PM
I don't think we should be considering this such an easy win. Because while the Giants have a lot of people who aren't able to play, they are still a decent team. And if there's anything the Packers are good at, its losing to mediocre teams.

bearsfan_51
09-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Warning: If the Packers lose to Jared Lorenzen, I will make fun of them for a very...very long time.

drowe
09-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Warning: If the Packers lose to Jared Lorenzen, I will make fun of them for a very...very long time.

hah, i'm glad you said that because now karma is gonna make the bears lose to damon huard and quiefs.

scottyboy
09-11-2007, 02:45 PM
just saying, MANY people said the giants were gonna get destroyed by Dallas, and that was a close game.

no offense, but you guys did not look too good on O against the iggles. The giants should be looking for pass most of the time. Eli isnt OUT like many have stated, and very well may play.

just dont get your hopes up, and dont feel like the giants are just going to roll over and be an easy win...

drowe
09-11-2007, 03:03 PM
just saying, MANY people said the giants were gonna get destroyed by Dallas, and that was a close game.

no offense, but you guys did not look too good on O against the iggles. The giants should be looking for pass most of the time. Eli isnt OUT like many have stated, and very well may play.

just dont get your hopes up, and dont feel like the giants are just going to roll over and be an easy win...

yeah, i'm really not thinking that way at all. the packers seem to allow themselves one embarrassing loss per year. i'm not saying the packers will win. i AM saying that i'd be embarrassed if they lost.

bearsfan_51
09-11-2007, 04:31 PM
hah, i'm glad you said that because now karma is gonna make the bears lose to damon huard and quiefs.
Karma eh? You want some Sun Chips to go with that peace pipe hippie?

Trust me, if we lose to the Chiefs I'll be too busy beating myself in the face with a shovel to see what anyone else has to say about it.

cordscords
09-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Should be a good performance by the Pack with Jacobs, Osi, and possibly Eli out.

jackalope
09-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Assuming Eli doesn't play, we should win this one. Our defense should be able to easily stop the Giants without their starting QB or RB. We looked pretty bad last week on offense, but the addition of Jennings and Morency should really help us. I can't wait for this game.

PACKmanN
09-11-2007, 05:58 PM

So your calling the Eagles defense weak? lol. If Eli does play he will be feeling the effect of what ever is going on with his arm during the game and lets face it Eli can not scramble so we should get to him, I except a lot of blitzing form us and lets face it you guys didn't do well vs the Dallas blitz.

scottyboy
09-11-2007, 06:11 PM
didnt face too well agaisnt the Dallas blitz? one sack allowed all game with Ware matched up against the Giants "weak spot" on OL Diehl? Derrick Ward running well agaisnt them? not to mention Eli's HUGE game. yea, that cowboy blitz really killed us...

also, who's going to cover shockey? just curious on who normally covers the TE for you guys.

neko4
09-11-2007, 06:22 PM
The giants will be facing a much better defense in green bay's. McNabb was only sacked once but...
A-Philly has a better Oline than NY
B-We were in his face all day

Also I dont think Lorenzen is all that great a scrambler
Plaxico will face much tougher CB's in Al and Charles (Anthony Henry isnt on either's level)
And Collins and Bigby are better at coverage than Roy is. Not sure on Hamlin, but he cant be that good.

On Defense I dont think the G-Men matchup well if Greg Jennings and Vernand Morency are back. Morency will keep the load of off Jackson and is more of a power back. Jennings will allow DD to not have to face single coverage.

ny10804
09-11-2007, 06:25 PM
also, who's going to cover shockey? just curious on who normally covers the TE for you guys.

http://i.packers.com/pg/hawk_aj_2007/photo1.jpg

Should be a fun match-up (Shockey-Hawk) to watch.

* it's either Hawk or Brady Poppinga, but I'm guessing Hawk and his speed will be lined up against Shockey.

scottyboy
09-11-2007, 06:26 PM
lorenzen most likely wont play. Eli isnt out a month, he's day to day. And you guys had almost no ground game against Philly. They have better run D than us, but you guys could barely move the ball.

i admit, I'm afraid of Driver and Jennings, but i still think that neither of your safeties can cover Shockey.

bearsfan_51
09-11-2007, 06:26 PM

Brady Poppinga usually covers the TE for you guys.

scottyboy
09-11-2007, 06:27 PM

yes very fun indeed. the battle of guys with long flowing blonde hair lol

im not sure how much he'll be on shockey, dont know you're D gameplan, but i think when shockey's on safeties, he should win that matchup.

shockey v hawk will be interesting and no doubt physical

neko4
09-11-2007, 06:29 PM
lorenzen most likely wont play. Eli isnt out a month, he's day to day. And you guys had almost no ground game against Philly. They have better run D than us, but you guys could barely move the ball.

i admit, I'm afraid of Driver and Jennings, but i still think that neither of your safeties can cover Shockey.
Like i said earlier, we had Morency injured. He will definitly help. Unless he is in pain, which is possible

neko4
09-11-2007, 06:30 PM
yes very fun indeed. the battle of guys with long flowing blonde hair lol

im not sure how much he'll be on shockey, dont know you're D gameplan, but i think when shockey's on safeties, he should win that matchup.

shockey v hawk will be interesting and no doubt physical
This should be Nick Collins breakout year, if he lives up to his potential then he should keep shockey in check. Also Barnett is a good cover LB.

yeah it should be him, he is the SLB which is unfortunate cuz he sucks at coverage

PackerLegend
09-11-2007, 07:17 PM
the Giants are weak and with all the injuries with or without Manning there weaker and I expect the Packers to win by atleast 7 easily probably alot more.

GB12
09-11-2007, 07:27 PM

I expected it to be an easy win before any of those guys got hurt. If we lost with them in I'd be dissapointed. If we lose with them not playing I might shoot myself. Well ok, I'm not going to go that far but I will go crazy, I'll even wear a Giants sig for a month if we lose.

ny10804
09-11-2007, 07:34 PM
I realized right after I posted that Brady has the unfortunate duty of covering the TEs. He can jam alright, but he can't run with them. AJ is normally on the RB.

I do know, however, that I have seen AJ in man coverage with a TE in the past. He got an INT vs. the 49ers last year in coverage against Vernon Davis. ***I just watched the highlight tape and the Pack was in the dime package with one LB. There goes my wishful thinking...

GB12
09-11-2007, 07:35 PM

yeah it should be him, he is the SLB which is unfortunate cuz he sucks at coverage

He's not that bad. He was absolutely terrible week one vs the Bears last year, but he has improved a lot. Covering top TEs like Shockey and Gates later in the year I'm sure he'll struggle with, but he does a decent job against most. I would expect us to give him help in those weeks though, and putting Hawk on them could even be a possibility.

scottyboy
09-11-2007, 07:43 PM
the giants will, for right now, be without only Jacobs. Osi, Eli and Madison are up in the air, with Eli more towards probable. i think the giants have more talent than green bay. no offense, but again, your O didnt look good against Philly. granted, you were without jennings and morency, but i still dont understand how the majority of you think this will be an easy win for you. the giants were supposed to get killed by dallas, yet lost by only 10 in a close game...

neko4
09-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Matchup (This was made when Eli was going to be out and assumes Morency and Jennings will be back)
QB-GB
RB-GB(if morency is back)
WR-Tie
TE-NYG
OL-Tie(Based on last week, we looked pretty bad)

DL-GB
LB-GB
DB-GB

Yalls offense may be better than ours but not by much.

On defense we have on of the strongest DT rotations in the league (Pickett,Cole,Williams,Jolly and on some ocasions Jenkins)

At DE we have Kampman who as of right now is better than Strahan and Osi. Then we have Jenkins and KGB switching in at DE. BTW if you saw the packer game you wouldve noticed the line play better as the game went on. At LB, Hawk and Barnett could make the pro bowl any given year. Poppinga is an average starter. At CB Al Harris and Charles Woodson have ability that falls in between Henry's and Newman's ability. In other words Eli or the Hefty Lefty will be facing two solid #1 CB's. Not a shaky #1 like Henry. At S the potential is there. Collins has showed it and Bigby worked hard thi offseason to gain the starting job.

princefielder28
09-11-2007, 08:21 PM
the giants will, for right now, be without only Jacobs. Osi, Eli and Madison are up in the air, with Eli more towards probable. i think the giants have more talent than green bay. no offense, but again, your O didnt look good against Philly. granted, you were without jennings and morency, but i still dont understand how the majority of you think this will be an easy win for you. the giants were supposed to get killed by dallas, yet lost by only 10 in a close game...

Philadelphia has a good front seven and when Favre doesn't have his second favorite target it's tough to have a successful passing game against them

jackalope
09-11-2007, 09:07 PM
I find it interesting that the Giants are saying Eli could play, while other reports are that he's out for at least the next few games.

From NFL.com

The Giants, however, would not confirm the shoulder separation. Manning called his injury a bruised shoulder. Giants coach Tom Coughlin said it was sprained. The Giants public relations staff labeled it a bruised acromioclavicular (AC) joint.

Coughlin said in his Monday press conference that Manning is day-to-day.

drowe
09-11-2007, 09:24 PM
seriously, i will murderdeathkill the next person to say this game will be an easy win. y'all are effing up the chi.

neko4
09-11-2007, 10:02 PM
If Manning plays this week and reinjures his shoulder it could be devastating IMO

The Legend
09-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Things im looking for is Jenning to come back healty

offensive line to open up some holes so Jackson can run thru early to get him pump up

looking for a good run game so Favre can use play action

looking for nick collins not to drop any easy pick lol :)

hoping Morency to come back to give Jackson so rest

TitleTown088
09-12-2007, 03:29 AM
I'm so depressed the Packers don't get to destroy Mannings' ******** sissy face. I'd love to see him looking like a little slow boy who just dumped his drawers without a diaper for the first time after Kampman sacked his ass. Oh, how I dislike the Mannings.

EDIT: My prayers may be answered... http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2007/09/11/2007-09-11_eli_manning_cleared_to_play_this_week.html

Nitschke-Hawk
09-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Far less people are calling it an easy win then it's being made out to be. If they don't specifically say it then they're saying the Packers SHOULD win this game. And that's the position I take.

I expect AJ Hawk to be a huge key to this game. Especially if the Giants backfield is depleted he will blitz heavily, he's the best blitzer we have. I think all three linebackers will be getting shots at Shockey and probably whoever does best will finish the game covering him.

The thing with Hawk and Barnett is they're too good as all around players to have one of them covering Shockey the whole game. Whereas Brady Poppinga is a solid all around player and much improved in coverage but not as much of a key player as the other two so they are put in more positions to make plays.

Shockey will definitely be the key on the Giants offense and if we have Morency and Jennings back we SHOULD score 20 points at the very least.

princefielder28
09-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Although Manning is reportedly taking snaps in practice I find it hard to believe that the Giants would risk the future of their franchise on a game in Week 2; if he's not 100%, or darn near, it would be stupid for the Giants to risk his health for one game.

PackerLegend
09-12-2007, 04:08 PM
did anyone else watch the game between the Giants and Cowboys on sunday night? everytime they showed Eli he was walking around with his mouth open and the dumbest look on his face, for whatever reason it really annoyed me.

JF4
09-12-2007, 04:58 PM
did anyone else watch the game between the Giants and Cowboys on sunday night? everytime they showed Eli he was walking around with his mouth open and the dumbest look on his face, for whatever reason it really annoyed me.

You mean this look

http://www.gatorcountry.org/wearetheboys/images/eli_drunk.jpg

ny10804
09-12-2007, 07:21 PM
It's like you two were setting that up :)

Forenci
09-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Eh, I haven't seen this kind of confidence from Packers fans since cheese heads went on sale at Lambeau Field.

Heh, seriously though. Hasn't anyone ever learned that there is no such thing as an easy win in the NFL? Apparently not.

If Eli doesn't start, I don't think that's game over for us. Granted, I'd be a lot more confident in our team if he was in the game, as opposed to Jared - but I think our offensive line will give him some time to set up and throw the ball down field.

I think Ward is an overlooked RB, and Droughns had been playing fullback quite effectively. Plus our offensive line is easily one of the best run blocking lines in the NFL.

Either way, despite the experts saying this is an easy win, I suspect it could be pretty competitive.

Best of luck to you guys though.

neko4
09-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Yall went up against a depleted Dallas defense, and gave up 40+ points. Our offense isnt as good as Dallas' but yall have no defense.

scottyboy
09-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Yall went up against a depleted Dallas defense, and gave up 40+ points. Our offense isnt as good as Dallas' but yall have no defense.

but we were supposed to get demolished by Dallas, and it was one helluva game.

i'm surprised in this confidence, as honestly, at the beginning of the year, i had this game pinned for an "easy" win for us. the injuries complicate it but still...

bearsfan_51
09-12-2007, 07:44 PM

i'm surprised in this confidence, as honestly, at the beginning of the year, i had this game pinned for an "easy" win for us. the injuries complicate it but still...

You act like this is the first time you've talked to a Packers fan.

scottyboy
09-12-2007, 07:46 PM

well i went to green bay once. i couldnt really hear the fans at lambeau cuz i had earmuffs on... although i did hear all the boos...

but this is the first time i've actually eve had to argue with packers fans, you being a bears fan must do it regularly.

neko4
09-12-2007, 07:49 PM

What this game?
Your crazy if you thought it was going to be an easy win for the Giants. Once again Green Bay's defense is on a whole nother level than NY's. And our offense is that much worse. As we saw last week, GB went against a top notch D, NY against an injured one.

Forenci
09-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Well, I think it has to do with adjusting to the new scheme, but point taken. I have a feeling our defense will progress during the season. Honestly, it really fits some of our players better than others. Gibril Wilson looked great out there. Not only was he going down hill, but he also seemed improved in coverage. Webster looked pretty decent in the press coverage. Justin Tuck was pretty solid too.

Overall, I think our defense will do much better against the Packers. Witten was a really tough challenge for Kiwi to cover, but I don't suspect Bubba will be. Hopefully Aaron Ross can step up and take over for McQuarters because I think he too fits the scheme better.

neko4
09-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Hey they made this parody for a reason http://youtube.com/watch?v=w-WwMzhAj08

awfullyquiet
09-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Eh, I haven't seen this kind of confidence from Packers fans since cheese heads went on sale at Lambeau Field.

Heh, seriously though. Hasn't anyone ever learned that there is no such thing as an easy win in the NFL? Apparently not.

If Eli doesn't start, I don't think that's game over for us. Granted, I'd be a lot more confident in our team if he was in the game, as opposed to Jared - but I think our offensive line will give him some time to set up and throw the ball down field.

Eh, your passing game will be thrown off balance a lot more than you believe... if some time means enough for a 3 or maybe 5 step drop? then yes. and that's honestly gonna be the only way the giants are going to be effective in the passing game... woodson and harris (assuming harris is 'alright' enough) are both good enough corners for plax, and kamp and jenkins are good regardless of who's o-line their playing and still make plays...

i do expect shockey to have some good gains...

and still, your defense would be better with 11 osi's...

scottyboy
09-12-2007, 07:54 PM
What this game?
Your crazy if you thought it was going to be an easy win for the Giants. Once again Green Bay's defense is on a whole nother level than NY's. And our offense is that much worse. As we saw last week, GB went against a top notch D, NY against an injured one.

our DE's our just as good if not better than yours, deeper as well. At MLB, we both have studs, but Pierce probably gets the edge. Hawk is better than any OLB we have, but i take Mitchell over Popinga any day. Your CB's blow ours away, but Gibril is better than any safety you have, and well butler sucked last game and needs time(lots by the looks of it.)

Boston
09-12-2007, 08:05 PM
well i went to green bay once. i couldnt really hear the fans at lambeau cuz i had earmuffs on... although i did hear all the boos...

but this is the first time i've actually eve had to argue with packers fans, you being a bears fan must do it regularly.

Ha. Boos? Are you sure you were at Lambeau Field? Not that **** stadium to the west? The only time I've ever heard boos at a Packer game are on **** calls, or when Tim Couch played in preseason.

scottyboy
09-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Ha. Boos? Are you sure you were at Lambeau Field? Not that **** stadium to the west? The only time I've ever heard boos at a Packer game are on **** calls, or when Tim Couch played in preseason.

i heard boos last season, against the jets(i was rooting for the packers)

neko4
09-12-2007, 08:07 PM
our DE's our just as good if not better than yours, deeper as well. At MLB, we both have studs, but Pierce probably gets the edge. Hawk is better than any OLB we have, but i take Mitchell over Popinga any day. Your CB's blow ours away, but Gibril is better than any safety you have, and well butler sucked last game and needs time(lots by the looks of it.)
I think i could easily make a case that Kampman is the best DE in the NFL, based on last year atleast when he led all DE's in sacks (merrimen ofcourse is a 3-4OLB)
Cullen Jenkins is a rising star and is good against the run. KGB still provides a good pass rusher and did a good job of keeping McNabb from breaking off a big run against us as he always seems to. (But maybe because of McNabb's injury that slowed him down)
Overall on Dline green bay is better, way more depth and talent at DT. And close at DE. Gibril is head and shoulders over the packers S's, but I expect Collins to improve alot this year and hopefully Atari will show some flashes (had 9 tackles last week, but that says almost nothing about his coverage ability)

neko4
09-12-2007, 08:08 PM
i heard boos last season, against the jets(i was rooting for the packers)
god i remember that game, pissed me off so much!

scottyboy
09-12-2007, 08:13 PM
god i remember that game, pissed me off so much!

worst weekend ever.

it was great going to Lambeau with my brother, dad and grandpa, staying in a sweet hotel, but the pack got spanked, Rutgers lost in in OT and we watched on TV, and after the pack game, the giants blew it to dallass. great time, but awful sports results haha

neko4
09-12-2007, 08:14 PM
worst weekend ever.

it was great going to Lambeau with my brother, dad and grandpa, staying in a sweet hotel, but the pack got spanked, Rutgers lost in in OT and we watched on TV, and after the pack game, the giants blew it to dallass. great time, but awful sports results haha
luckily the pack game i went to we won, but we stayed in an average hotel. before that we were in chicago, that was fun, except for the large amount of bears fans

GB12
09-12-2007, 08:31 PM

Alright, lets take a look. I'm not 100% sure on your depth chart so I took it off of here, let me know if there are any notable mistakes. Also since he's not looking like he'll play I won't put Osi down, but for the record Kampman is better than him. Starters in bold.

DE 1 - Kampman vs Strahan - Advantage Green Bay.
DE 2 - Jenkins vs Tuck (?, I think he'd start, right?)- Advantage GB
DE 3 - Gbaja-Biamila vs Awasom - Ad. GB
DT 1 - Pickett vs Cofield - GB
DT 2 - Jolly vs Robins - GB
DT 3 - Williams vs Alford - GB
DT 4 - Cole vs Wright - GB
DT 5 - Harrell vs Davis - GB
WLB - Hawk vs Mitchell - GB
MLB - Barnett vs Pierce - GB
SLB - Poppinga vs Kiwanuka - NY (I think it could really go either way, but I'll give it to you)
OLB - White vs Torbor - Toss up
MLB - Bishop vs Blackburn- NY
CB 1 -Harris vs Webster - GB
CB 2 - Woodson vs McQuarters - GB
CB 3 - Bush vs Madison - NY
CB 4 Blackmon vs Ross - NY
CB 5 - Dockery vs Walker - NY
FS - Collins vs Wilson - NY
SS - Bigby vs Butler - NY
S - Rouse vs Johnson- Toss up
S - Peprah vs Dahl - Toss up

If you would like an explanation on any of them just ask.

scottyboy
09-12-2007, 09:09 PM
barnett and pierce are even, if not edge Pierce. if Osi was in, i think he's better than kampman, but probably even because of Osi's injuries, but still, kampan isn't more talented than Osi, or productive.

also, dont know much about Jolly, but Robbins could give him a run for his money. now i know hawk is way better than Mitchell, but in coverage, he is WAY ahead of hawk.. i agree for the most part, and it is pretty even

jackalope
09-12-2007, 09:16 PM
barnett and pierce are even, if not edge Pierce. if Osi was in, i think he's better than kampman, but probably even because of Osi's injuries, but still, kampan isn't more talented than Osi, or productive.

also, dont know much about Jolly, but Robbins could give him a run for his money. now i know hawk is way better than Mitchell, but in coverage, he is WAY ahead of hawk.. i agree for the most part, and it is pretty evenI'm not sure where you're getting the productive part from. Kampman led all DEs in sacks last year.

princefielder28
09-12-2007, 09:17 PM

also, dont know much about Jolly, but Robbins could give him a run for his money. now i know hawk is way better than Mitchell, but in coverage, he is WAY ahead of hawk.. i agree for the most part, and it is pretty even

Kampman isn't productive?????? He was 2nd in sacks behind Merriman.

scottyboy
09-12-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm not sure where you're getting the productive part from. Kampman led all DEs in sacks last year.

yea, but one year. Osi was pretty dominant his 1st 2 years. I'm taking nothing at all away from kampman, he's a stud, but i feel he and Osi are equal(this also may be Osi is my favorite player and i have him on speed dial talking..)

GB12
09-12-2007, 09:21 PM

Valid points, the other thing I have a problem with is when you say "now i know hawk is way better than Mitchell, but in coverage, he is WAY ahead of hawk.. " Hawk is good in coverage, and while I haven't seen much of Mitchell I'm pretty sure he's no Urlacher. I wouldn't say Mitchell has better coverage to begin with, but certainly not "WAY" better.

Number 10
09-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Alright before I say anything just know that I am likely going to pick the Packers in the pick'em....might change if Eli plays but even then I may give the edge to the Pack.

Just know this....these are the kind of games that the Giants usually come out and win. Home opener (emotional, intense) coming off a horrific game in front of a national audience. I expect the likes of Strahan, Robbins, and Pierce all have to huge games against a mediocre at best offensive line. Our D was awful because didn't get any pressure on the QB, which will change because our D-line matches up better this week in the trenches.

Offensively....something confuses me. All I hear from EVERYONE all offseason is that Jacobs is not a capable back. And now all of the sudden, his being out is a huge factor? Interesting. Ward has done nothing but impress whenever he has gotten to opportunity to run with the ball in his hands, so don't overlook him. And don't forget we still have 4 capable targets, no matter who is throwing the ball and an O-line that dominated a much better pass rush than yours.

Again, I think we'll lose if Eli is out, but it will be a dogfight. Much like your game last week.

neko4
09-12-2007, 09:51 PM
lol at Dallas having a better pass rush, theres a reason they drafted Spencer

Jughead10
09-12-2007, 10:03 PM
What this game?

You went up against a top notch Eagles D and scored 3 points. Eagles lost that game. You didn't win it. If Andy Reid had anyone on that team who had fielded a punt in their career, Eagles walk out of Green Bay with a win.

Jughead10
09-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Alright, lets take a look. I'm not 100% sure on your depth chart so I took it off of here, let me know if there are any notable mistakes. Also since he's not looking like he'll play I won't put Osi down, but for the record Kampman is better than him. Starters in bold.

DE 1 - Kampman vs Strahan - Advantage Green Bay.
DE 2 - Jenkins vs Tuck (?, I think he'd start, right?)- Advantage GB
DE 3 - Gbaja-Biamila vs Awasom - Ad. GB
DT 1 - Pickett vs Cofield - GB
DT 2 - Jolly vs Robins - GB
DT 3 - Williams vs Alford - GB
DT 4 - Cole vs Wright - GB
DT 5 - Harrell vs Davis - GB
WLB - Hawk vs Mitchell - GB
MLB - Barnett vs Pierce - GB
SLB - Poppinga vs Kiwanuka - NY (I think it could really go either way, but I'll give it to you)
OLB - White vs Torbor - Toss up
MLB - Bishop vs Blackburn- NY
CB 1 -Harris vs Webster - GB
CB 2 - Woodson vs McQuarters - GB
CB 3 - Bush vs Madison - NY
CB 4 Blackmon vs Ross - NY
CB 5 - Dockery vs Walker - NY
FS - Collins vs Wilson - NY
SS - Bigby vs Butler - NY
S - Rouse vs Johnson- Toss up
S - Peprah vs Dahl - Toss up

If you would like an explanation on any of them just ask.

The game makes so much more sense now. Thanks for the explanation.

JF4
09-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Alright before I say anything just know that I am likely going to pick the Packers in the pick'em....might change if Eli plays but even then I may give the edge to the Pack.

Just know this....these are the kind of games that the Giants usually come out and win. Home opener (emotional, intense) coming off a horrific game in front of a national audience. I expect the likes of Strahan, Robbins, and Pierce all have to huge games against a mediocre at best offensive line. Our D was awful because didn't get any pressure on the QB, which will change because our D-line matches up better this week in the trenches.

Offensively....something confuses me. All I hear from EVERYONE all offseason is that Jacobs is not a capable back. And now all of the sudden, his being out is a huge factor? Interesting. Ward has done nothing but impress whenever he has gotten to opportunity to run with the ball in his hands, so don't overlook him. And don't forget we still have 4 capable targets, no matter who is throwing the ball and an O-line that dominated a much better pass rush than yours.

Again, I think we'll lose if Eli is out, but it will be a dogfight. Much like your game last week.

Well said.

I still never pick against the Packers in the Pick em though. I pick 16 GB wins per year.

neko4
09-12-2007, 10:07 PM
he said if you wanted one ask

GB12
09-12-2007, 10:07 PM

Umm, what?

neko4
09-12-2007, 10:08 PM
You went up against a top notch Eagles D and scored 3 points. Eagles lost that game. You didn't win it. If Andy Reid had anyone on that team who had fielded a punt in their career, Eagles walk out of Green Bay with a win.
9 points and who cares if the eagles "lost" it. A win is a win

Jughead10
09-12-2007, 10:15 PM
9 points and who cares if the eagles "lost" it. A win is a win

Thats fine. I'll take a win anyway you can get it. But just don't praise the offense by saying it went up against a top notch D, when 10 of your 16 points were created by the other team basically shooting itself in the foot. 28 teams outgained the Packers last weekend.

Sportsfan486
09-12-2007, 10:20 PM
The Eagles lost it.. and the Packers won it.

Don't BS by saying "Oh, well, the eagles would have won if not for blah blah blah" because the alternative arguement is "Oh, well, the Pack would have won it by __ more points if not for blah blah blah."

It's called football, the team with more points at the end wins. PERIOD. The Packers did that. The Eagles did not.

Number 10
09-12-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm not fearing the Pack offense at all, especially because there is not threat in the run game. Now Favre having one of "those" games is always a possibility, especially against our secondary.

But if the Pack win, it will be because of their defense, not offense.

Number 10
09-12-2007, 10:23 PM

Don't BS by saying "Oh, well, the eagles would have won if not for blah blah blah" because the alternative arguement is "Oh, well, the Pack would have won it by __ more points if not for blah blah blah."

It's called football, the team with more points at the end wins. PERIOD. The Packers did that. The Eagles did not.

He isn't saying that you tool. Try reading.

He is telling you to stop praising your offense as if it were something close to the Cowboys'....because it isn't. They looked like puke on Sunday.

bearsfan_51
09-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Hey they made this parody for a reason http://youtube.com/watch?v=w-WwMzhAj08
I find the average Bears fan ungodly ********. I've said that on numerous occasions.

Although those skits are classicly awesome. Chris Farley at his very best.

Number 10
09-12-2007, 10:27 PM
I find the average Bears fan ungodly ********. I've said that on numerous occasions.

Although those skits are classicly awesome. Chris Farley at his very best.

Named my dog after him.

bearsfan_51
09-12-2007, 10:28 PM
And we did lose that game to the Giants cause of the Persian Gulf War. Everyone knows that.

Jughead10
09-12-2007, 10:28 PM

The Eagles should of won. They didn't. You guys did. Kudos. Now be thankful for that win and hope your offense improves. Just like we are hoping our defense improves. You have possibly one the worst offenses in the league going up against one of the worst defenses. All I was saying is don't praises your offense for beating a good Eagles D. Because your offense had little to nothing to do with the victory.

Football Fan
09-13-2007, 02:41 AM
Philly is favored by 7 over washington. I find that interesting considering the pack plays washington in a few weeks and the pack took philly out.

The Legend
09-13-2007, 06:15 AM
The Hefty Lefty, thinks Manning will start intresting

Jughead10
09-13-2007, 06:59 AM
Philly is favored by 7 over washington. I find that interesting considering the pack plays washington in a few weeks and the pack took philly out.

Because despite you guys beating them, Philly is still a better team than the Packers. Philly is also home which is good for 3 points in a line.

TitleTown088
09-13-2007, 08:13 AM
The Hefty Lefty, thinks Manning will start intresting

Good, I want Elisha all day. The Packers defence will eat him up.

Sportsfan486
09-13-2007, 08:22 AM
Because despite you guys beating them, Philly is still a better team than the Packers. Philly is also home which is good for 3 points in a line.

Umm.. actually.. Green Bay is 1-0. Philly is 0-1. We played each other.

By definition that makes us the better team atm. Go homer more on the philly forums, leave the facts for the Green Bay forums.

Jughead10
09-13-2007, 08:25 AM

By definition that makes us the better team atm. Go homer more on the philly forums, leave the facts for the Green Bay forums.

I hate Philly. I'm glad you beat them. But that doesn't mean you are better than them. Be realistic.

bearsfan_51
09-13-2007, 08:29 AM

Dude...no it doesn't. The Eagles handed that game to you on a silver platter and you still only beat them by a last second field goal, at home. On a neutral field they're going to win more than half the time.

TitleTown088
09-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Dude...no it doesn't. The Eagles handed that game to you on a silver platter and you still only beat them by a last second field goal, at home. On a neutral field they're going to win more than half the time.

Hmm..

Good teams find ways to win close games. Really...don't undersell the value of this win.

Flip flopper http://www.blogyourmind.info/media/bush.jpg

The Legend
09-13-2007, 08:51 AM
yeah that is werid Title Town

bearsfan_51
09-13-2007, 08:52 AM
I never said that it wasn't a valuable win, or that the Packers had anything to apologize for, but that doesn't make you better than the Eagles.

1+2 doesn't equal 4. It doesn't have to be one or the other. People at first were all ******** down their legs because you didn't win convincingly, now some of you are acting like you won the Superbowl. It was a good win, it's good for the Packers that they found a way to beat a veteran team, but that doesn't automatically make you better than the Eagles.

TitleTown088
09-13-2007, 08:57 AM
I never said that it wasn't a valuable win, or that the Packers had anything to apologize for, but that doesn't make you better than the Eagles.

1+2 doesn't equal 4. It doesn't have to be one or the other. People at first were all ******** down their legs because you didn't win convincingly, now some of you are acting like you won the Superbowl. It was a good win, it's good for the Packers that they found a way to beat a veteran team, but that doesn't automatically make you better than the Eagles.
Well you did just "undersell" it just as you told other not too....Therefore you flip flopped. Flip flopper.

Favre4ever
09-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Its funny how people think GB has no offense. Every Packer fan knows that this offense is way better than what we saw sunday againts philly. It even has the potential to be great. Everybody knows DD is money, with Jennings who was amongst top rookie receivers last year before his injury and James Jones who will be more comfortable as a third receiver and will be a "Patrick Crayton" type of receiver and Bubba is still a Pro Bowl TE.

The running game sure looked bad but its not as bad as people may think. Jackson will be way more effective once Morency comes back. Jackson is still not ready to carry the load. Morency is a very underrated back who had a 4.6 y/avg in 91 carries last year. O-Line who was the strentgh of the offense last year should be even better this year. On top of that you add Brett Favre...This is not the Ravens offense like many seem to think already. This young offense has awsome potential and should get better as the season goes on.

Jughead10
09-13-2007, 09:55 AM
Its funny how people think GB has no offense. Every Packer fan knows that this offense is way better than what we saw sunday againts philly. It even has the potential to be great. Everybody knows DD is money, with Jennings who was amongst top rookie receivers last year before his injury and James Jones who will be more comfortable as a third receiver and will be a "Patrick Crayton" type of receiver and Bubba is still a Pro Bowl TE.

The running game sure looked bad but its not as bad as people may think. Jackson will be way more effective once Morency comes back. Jackson is still not ready to carry the load. Morency is a very underrated back who had a 4.6 y/avg in 91 carries last year. O-Line who was the strentgh of the offense last year should be even better this year. On top of that you add Brett Favre...This is not the Ravens offense like many seem to think already. This young offense has awsome potential and should get better as the season goes on.

Its young and promising. Driver is a great player indeed. But "Bubba is still a Pro Bowl TE", thats just not the case at all. It still is in the bottom third of the league.

Favre4ever
09-13-2007, 10:05 AM
Its young and promising. Driver is a great player indeed. But "Bubba is still a Pro Bowl TE", thats just not the case at all. It still is in the bottom third of the league.

I still have faith in him. Hope he proves me right.

Jughead10
09-13-2007, 10:06 AM
I still have faith in him. Hope he proves me right.

Our defense could very well for one game make him look like a Pro Bowler. But he still isn't.

JF4
09-13-2007, 10:13 AM
I use a picture of Bubba Franks as my doormat.

He's definately lost a few steps.

Football Fan
09-13-2007, 01:43 PM

A case could definately be made that the packers are better than the eagles, especially since they just beat them. That was the 5th game in a row the packers have won including the beat down they put on the bears. Certain phases of the philly game were better than the packs, but as a whole Green Bay was the better team and the momentum was in in green bays favor in the 4th quarter. Philly may get better as the season goes on, but I think its safe to say the packers will to. Philly was also favored over the pack because they beat them like the last 5 times in a row, but they were all at philly. In green bay, it was a different story. Still it will take till mid season for it to become more clear who the better teams are in the league.

scottyboy
09-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Valid points, the other thing I have a problem with is when you say "now i know hawk is way better than Mitchell, but in coverage, he is WAY ahead of hawk.. " Hawk is good in coverage, and while I haven't seen much of Mitchell I'm pretty sure he's no Urlacher. I wouldn't say Mitchell has better coverage to begin with, but certainly not "WAY" better.

i admit, i dont see much of Hawk at all. I was basing it off Mitchel being a cover LB with good hands, reads and more vet experience. Hawk is a GREAT LB, but i see him more off a smash mouth in your face hard hitting run stuffing LB. i take back the way, as i dont know much of Hawk's cover skills. my mistake if he is a good cover LB(or not horrid)

GB12
09-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Morency will be out again this week.

drowe
09-14-2007, 08:25 AM
ok, seriously. last weak the Packers played like poop. luckily, the Eagles played like stinky, post drinking binge mexican poop. Packers won a hard fought game where they coulda very easily folded when they lost the lead. it was a good win, and i'm glad to have it.

NOW, the Giants are banged up. and we have a favorable matchup. i'd love to see a win here, because a 2-0 start would be great for a team that is a notoriously slow starter. but, the Packers aren't world beaters yet. we need A LOT of work on offense or we're going to HAVE TO rely on teams handing us games in order to gain some wins.

princefielder28
09-14-2007, 09:00 AM
Morency will be out again this week.

Thats kinda unfortunate but I would prefer that they wait until he's a definite 100%

The Legend
09-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Thats kinda unfortunate but I would prefer that they wait until he's a definite 100%

as do i we dont want to take any risk to lose him, that would be to huge of a lost

Favre4ever
09-14-2007, 11:56 AM
What about Jennings?

The Legend
09-14-2007, 12:14 PM
What about Jennings?

Game Time Decision But Still Doubtful

Jughead10
09-14-2007, 12:27 PM
Eli practiced and threw for the first time today in the individual portion of practice open to the media.

Favre4ever
09-14-2007, 12:33 PM
Game Time Decision But Still Doubtful

If Jennings plays, it will change our passing game drastically. James Jones will be more comfortable as a 3rd receiver, it will be a tough unit to stop. Come to think of it, they havent been togheter yet.

The Legend
09-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Eli practiced and threw for the first time today in the individual portion of practice open to the media.
any new on Madison

Jughead10
09-14-2007, 12:36 PM
hmm but im guessing hes still a Game Time Decision
any new on Madison

Madison is playing. He was active and in pads for last weeks game. Just didn't get in. He probably could have played last week if he was forced to but they wanted to wait an extra week.

The Legend
09-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Madison is playing. He was active and in pads for last weeks game. Just didn't get in. He probably could have played last week if he was forced to but they wanted to wait an extra week.

hmm i was looking on google news and it wrote many times

Madison
Strahan
Osi
Manning

all GTD

Jughead10
09-14-2007, 12:43 PM
hmm i was looking on google news and it wrote many times

Madison
Strahan
Osi
Manning

all GTD

I dunno why Strahan would be a game time decision? He isn't injured. That might be from last week when they weren't sure after only reporting 4 days earlier if he would play, and he did. I would guess Osi isn't playing and is out although he did do individual practices today.

The Legend
09-14-2007, 12:44 PM
I dunno why Strahan would be a game time decision? He isn't injured. That might be from last week when they weren't sure after only reporting 4 days earlier if he would play, and he did. I would guess Osi isn't playing and is out although he did do individual practices today.

opps my bad i check again yeah it was vs cowboys for strahan

Jughead10
09-14-2007, 12:45 PM
opps my bad i check again yeah it was vs cowboys for strahan

Madison might have been for against the Cowboys as well.

The Legend
09-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Madison might have been for against the Cowboys as well.

just wondeirng dose Madison play left or right?

Jughead10
09-14-2007, 12:51 PM
just wondeirng dose Madison play left or right?

He generally plays right. But I dunno what he is doing this week. Because it used to be him and McQuarters starting. McQ on the left. But he was benched and Webster will be starting now. So I dunno what they are gonna do.

Number 10
09-14-2007, 12:53 PM

Madison played against Dallas.

Jughead10
09-14-2007, 12:55 PM
Madison played against Dallas.

How much though? He was definitely serverely limited in the snaps he could play. He couldn't have played more than 10 snaps.

bearsfan_51
09-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Greg Jennings (hamstring) and Vernand Morency (knee) both sat out the media portion of practice Friday and appear unlikely to dress Sunday.

Jennings did minimal work on Friday while Morency was completely absent. James Jones is set to make his second consecutive start for Green Bay, and has a favorable matchup against the Giants. Brandon Jackson gets another opportunity to prove himself as an every-down back with Morency sidelined. Sep. 14 - 1:55 pm et

Eli Manning (shoulder) and Osi Umenyiora (knee) returned to practice Friday.

Manning threw about 15 passes during the media portion of the workout. Umenyiora took part in individual drills. They will be game-time decisions Sunday against Green Bay, though Manning should still be seen as highly unlikely to play. Its uncertain if he'll take part in team drills or how close he really is to playing

By the way...enough with the "beatdown" you put on us last year. You beat our 2nd teamers, we were resting for the playoffs. If you beat us this year, great, brag about it. But constantly bringing up the fact that you beat us in a throwaway game just makes you look pathetic.

bearsfan_51
09-14-2007, 01:32 PM
Eli Manning (shoulder) took part in about half the first-team snaps during the non-media portion of Giants practice Friday.

The New York Daily News now believes Manning has a good chance to start Sunday, although coach Tom Coughlin would only confirm Eli as being a game-time decision. We'd still avoid Manning against a tough Packers defense.

Jughead10
09-14-2007, 01:34 PM
Eli Manning (shoulder) took part in about half the first-team snaps during the non-media portion of Giants practice Friday.

The New York Daily News now believes Manning has a good chance to start Sunday, although coach Tom Coughlin would only confirm Eli as being a game-time decision. We'd still avoid Manning against a tough Packers defense.

One of the papers, either Post or Daily news, quoted an "unamed player" as to saying Eli was letting loose 50 yard bombs in the portion of practice yesterday that the media can't see. I dunno whether I believe that.

Jughead10
09-14-2007, 01:45 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/

PackerLegend
09-14-2007, 01:47 PM
By the way...enough with the "beatdown" you put on us last year. You beat our 2nd teamers, we were resting for the playoffs. If you beat us this year, great, brag about it. But constantly bringing up the fact that you beat us in a throwaway game just makes you look pathetic.

Nice try but your starters played the entire first half and at halftime it was Packers 23 Bears 0. They game ended 26-7. O and if you dont believe me go to this http://www.packerforum.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9405 you might have to sign up to view the video but it is highlights of that game and you can see all your starters are playing. So we did beat the bears bad say what you want and make excuses.

bearsfan_51
09-14-2007, 01:57 PM
Nice try but your starters played the entire first half and at halftime it was Packers 23 Bears 0. They game ended 26-7. O and if you dont believe me go to this http://www.packerforum.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9405 you might have to sign up to view the video but it is highlights of that game and you can see all your starters are playing. So we did beat the bears bad say what you want and make excuses.
Either way, who cares? Do you honestly think they even schemed to win that game? Why would they run their real offense or defense or do anything other than the most vanilla packages? Teams that are already locked into the playoffs tank all the time near the end of the season. Hell we almost lost to the Lions too. My point is that many of you (though not most..maybe not even all) constantly bring that up as if it was this big deal when even the players on the Bears team could have given a ****.

drowe
09-14-2007, 01:58 PM
James Jones is set to make his second consecutive start for Green Bay, and has a favorable matchup against the Giants. 1:55 pm et

ok, really. i know the Giants secondary isn't a STRONG point, but it must be pretty bad if a mid round rookie from San Jose State is listed as having a 'favorable matchup'

Jughead10
09-14-2007, 02:01 PM
ok, really. i know the Giants secondary isn't a STRONG point, but it must be pretty bad if a mid round rookie from San Jose State is listed as having a 'favorable matchup'

I'm pretty sure they would have listed any starting WR has having a favorable matchup.

scottyboy
09-14-2007, 02:38 PM
i love Osi. calling himself miracle man...

doubt he plays this week, but bet he''ll be back next week. Eli seems as if he'll play which is good. hopefully smith, moss and shockey get involved as toomer and plax may have problems with harris and woodsen

The Legend
09-14-2007, 03:02 PM

Schefter now says Eli will start sunday lol

Jughead10
09-14-2007, 04:31 PM
Schefter now says Eli will start sunday lol

This is why I don't trust national media. They have no idea whats going on with the teams. Both Schefter and Mort were completely wrong. I've been saying all week Eli is going to start. Mort really looks like an ass after reporting out 3-4 weeks.

jackalope
09-14-2007, 06:13 PM
Yeah, it sounds like Manning will start now. I was hoping to get to see Lorenzen play this week, but I still think we should be able to beat NY.

gbpackers0065
09-14-2007, 08:08 PM
I put 600 bucks on Green Bay, I have a lot of confidence in Brett Favre to tear apart a weak secondary.

jackalope
09-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Junius Coston will make the start at right guard over Jason Spitz due to a calf injury.

Also, with injures to Jennings and Holiday, we may have only 3 wideouts this week.

http://packers.com/news/stories/2007/09/14/2/

Football Fan
09-15-2007, 01:32 AM
Either way, who cares? Do you honestly think they even schemed to win that game? Why would they run their real offense or defense or do anything other than the most vanilla packages? Teams that are already locked into the playoffs tank all the time near the end of the season. Hell we almost lost to the Lions too. My point is that many of you (though not most..maybe not even all) constantly bring that up as if it was this big deal when even the players on the Bears team could have given a ****.

Actually I just wrote about the "beat down of the bears" during the packers 5 game win streak, because I knew you would be annoyed by it. Got to talk a little smack about the division rivals once in a while. Hell, I know you do it.
I know what the game was, there is a reason most fantasy football leagues end after 16 weeks. Though it was a beat down. Even if the bears werent really concerned about the game, you would think the nfc champs would have done a little better than they did. I think for how well green bay did even in the bears meaningless game was a sign of the packers beginning to get better as a team. 5 wins in a row is pretty significant in the nfl and now a respectable eagles team as the latest victim. Its a pretty good indication of a team on the rise.
Which takes me back to my original point that the packers at this time could very well be a better team than the eagles.

GB12
09-15-2007, 10:13 PM
Here's a fun fact. Brett Favre has the most consecutive starts by QB at 238, Eli Manning has the 4th longest active streak with 40.

Hawk
09-16-2007, 01:00 AM
Here's a fun fact. Brett Favre has the most consecutive starts by QB at 238, Eli Manning has the 4th longest active streak with 40.

that will end this year

princefielder28
09-16-2007, 01:26 AM
that will end this year

Eli's????? Yes

gbpackers0065
09-16-2007, 09:57 AM
OMG! I just realized I'm 2 towns away Brett Favre!!!!! Now I need to start praying in the general direction of Giants Staduim!

princefielder28
09-16-2007, 10:28 AM
Eli Manning WILL start this week

ny10804
09-16-2007, 10:30 AM

Eli WILL regret that the moment all of Cullen Jenkins' 300 lbs comes crashing down on him.

bigrich88
09-16-2007, 11:15 AM

what a horrible decision by the giants.. he is the future of the franchise and if he re injures his right shoulder it could come back to haunt him the rest of his career. or d-line and linebackers are going to tear him apart. he'll regret playing in this game.

Boston
09-16-2007, 11:17 AM
I hate this time between 11 and 12 where you're wishing you had slept later in order to skip this excruciating wait.

neko4
09-16-2007, 11:26 AM
I hate this time between 11 and 12 where you're wishing you had slept later in order to skip this excruciating wait.
i love watching all the pre game shows so i always try and get up at 8

scottyboy
09-16-2007, 11:28 AM
what a horrible decision by the giants.. he is the future of the franchise and if he re injures his right shoulder it could come back to haunt him the rest of his career. or d-line and linebackers are going to tear him apart. he'll regret playing in this game.

sure because it's so easy to further injure a bruise on an A-C joint. contrary to belief(that of mort) Eli's shoulder isnt seperated, slightly teared or falling off. all such reports were false.

also, Osi is probable, that makes me happy

The Legend
09-16-2007, 11:54 AM
So Manning Starts
No Jacobs
Any News On Osi?

neko4
09-16-2007, 12:01 PM
So Manning Starts
No Jacobs
Any News On Osi?
he's playing, they have tyree and jacobs out
we have jennings, morency and moll out, but theyve been out. Spitz is out, but he hasnt done that well

gbpackers0065
09-16-2007, 12:02 PM
My friend says Osi is playing, he's a die-hard Giant fan so I believe him.

gbpackers0065
09-16-2007, 12:03 PM
Driver needs some TD catches

gbpackers0065
09-16-2007, 12:05 PM
If Hawk didn't slip...

neko4
09-16-2007, 12:09 PM
that was a close call, but yeah, uncatchable ball

mqtirishfan
09-16-2007, 12:09 PM
FG is no good! Packers ball.

neko4
09-16-2007, 12:19 PM
So is Bubba hurt or did Lee just win the job this week, that kinda ruins my comeback POY pick

The Legend
09-16-2007, 01:26 PM
So is Bubba hurt or did Lee just win the job this week, that kinda ruins my comeback POY pick

lee was the starter last but he was hurt

and bubba didnt have a chance Wynn thorw play

scottyboy
09-16-2007, 01:34 PM
if shockey could catch the ball and not spike it, it'd be a bigger margain right now. He's getting open alot.

also, Amani Toomer pwned Woodsen on that stiff arm! :D

The Legend
09-16-2007, 01:48 PM
how come Jones is harder to take down then any one else on our team lol

come one dive play Wynn

Boston
09-16-2007, 01:48 PM
My god. Does our ******* offensive line know how to run block anymore?

neko4
09-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Bubba catches 415

gbpackers0065
09-16-2007, 01:50 PM
14-7 Packers

The Legend
09-16-2007, 01:52 PM
My god. Does our ******* offensive line know how to run block anymore?

Its Pretty Sad :(, i cant blame Jackson

Twiddler
09-16-2007, 01:59 PM
Man, our defense is kind of hard to watch this week.

The Legend
09-16-2007, 02:00 PM

we are not winning in the trenches

edit: he put a smile on my face :)

Twiddler
09-16-2007, 02:08 PM
we are not winning in the trenches

edit: he put a smile on my face :)

Very true, although I will admit that I am very impressed by the Giants offense as of now when looking at their offensive line and the play of Eli Manning. Eli looks set to have his official break out season and it will be interesting to see if that really happens.

The Legend
09-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Ryan Grant played one play and it was really nice

where did he go?

The Legend
09-16-2007, 02:20 PM
im gonna get a Tracy White Sig :)

Twiddler
09-16-2007, 02:22 PM
im gonna get a Tracy White Sig :)

Haha, that might not be such a bad idea. And from what it looks like, I think I might start donning a Bubba Franks sig.... Considering how great of hands he has today...

The Legend
09-16-2007, 02:24 PM
28-13 / 11min 4th driver td

neko4
09-16-2007, 02:29 PM
this giants offense has been impressive i'll admit, but their defense is a long way off and i dont know how well theyll do against cooley if they can hardly stop bubba and lee

The Legend
09-16-2007, 02:44 PM
pick by Corey Williams

then Nick layed out Manning

The Legend
09-16-2007, 02:48 PM
Haha, that might not be such a bad idea. And from what it looks like, I think I might start donning a Bubba Franks sig.... Considering how great of hands he has today...

how about a Wynn / White sig lol

gbpackers0065
09-16-2007, 02:50 PM
I want a Wynn sig, I'm impressed.

Twiddler
09-16-2007, 02:51 PM
how about a Wynn / White sig lol

That could very well work out too. At this point in the game there are so many different sig combinations that you could use. In fact, now the Hefty Lefty is another guy you could look at for a sig...

neko4
09-16-2007, 02:58 PM
I dont wanna call it over yet, but i feel like doing a quick anaylsis

QB- A+
Favre was on fire spreading the ball around

RB- B
Played well i thought. Most yards were picked up late due to a demoralized Giants D. They also made key catches out of the backfield.

WR- B-
Driver and Jones did what they had to and did good. Ruvell seems like a good decoy out there. It seems this is the 2nd week in a row that there has been a pass interference call on the person covering him.

TE- B
Did well against poor coverage.

OL- C+
Great pass protection, but for the most part terrible run blocking.

DL- B-
The rotation continues to work. We need to do better early on. There seemed to be no pressure on Manning (aside from the screens) until the 4th. Kampman had a good game though, 1 sack and 1 FF. Also how did we allow Ward to have such a good game?

LB- B
I really dont have much to say here. I feel we gave up some big plays and that was really the line and backer's faults.

DB- C+
I think we couldve done better with those interference calls. Also i couldnt really tell who was covering Shockey, Bigby and Collins or the LB's. Either way Shockey did have 5 catches and thats not good.

ST-A-
Aside from Crosby's miss it was a great day.

Overall- Well it should probably 35-20, we got some lucky penalties in the redzone, but a great game. We really need to stop the big play on defense IMO. There was a bunch of 1-3 yard gains for Ward, but then he would break one for 10.

scottyboy
09-16-2007, 03:06 PM

try watching the giants D, they blow

scottyboy
09-16-2007, 03:18 PM
well, I could come on here and ***** about how bad the giants were and how we should've won and how bad the refs were(god the refs were awful), but I'm not.

congrats on the win, you tore our sh!tty secondary to shreads like you were supposed to. You outplayed us big time. good luck on the rest of the season.

jackalope
09-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Our offense looked a lot better this week. Wynn really surprised me.

scottyboy
09-16-2007, 03:26 PM

they looked good, but no offense, it was against our D. Wynn looked ok. once he got to the 2nd level, forget about it, he was gone. Mitchell couldnt cover Bubba Franks, are you serious? driver just continues to go up and up among WR's in my mind. even against sh!tty CB's, they guy gets open and makes plays

Twiddler
09-16-2007, 03:26 PM

Yeah, I'm beginning to fully understand why he made the roster. Even if his preseason was sort of incomplete, he still is making a lasting effect on this offense. Arguably more than Brandon Jackson.

The Legend
09-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I'm beginning to fully understand why he made the roster. Even if his preseason was sort of incomplete, he still is making a lasting effect on this offense. Arguably more than Brandon Jackson.

if VM cant play next week i say we give Wynn more handoffs to see what he can do

GB12
09-16-2007, 03:47 PM
now i know hawk is way better than Mitchell, but in coverage, he is WAY ahead of hawk

Would you like to rethink that one?

neko4
09-16-2007, 04:10 PM
well, I could come on here and ***** about how bad the giants were and how we should've won and how bad the refs were(god the refs were awful), but I'm not.

congrats on the win, you tore our sh!tty secondary to shreads like you were supposed to. You outplayed us big time. good luck on the rest of the season.
There were a few stupid calls. I dont think it wouldve changed the end result, because favre was on fire in the 2nd half. Anyway, Eli played great, we were finally able to rattle him in the 4th thanks to a good DL rotation, but overall Eli played great

The Legend
09-16-2007, 04:12 PM

i think he should rethink that and if he doesnt come back with a diffrent awnser

he should check him self into a mental institute

JF4
09-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Great game by the Packers. Really impressed by the performances of some of the people in the supposed weak spots of the Packers. More specificaly Atari Bigby, Deshawn Wynn, James Jones, both TE's, and whoever was covering Jeremy Shockey.

JF4
09-16-2007, 04:15 PM
There were a few stupid calls. I dont think it wouldve changed the end result, because favre was on fire in the 2nd half. Anyway, Eli played great, we were finally able to rattle him in the 4th thanks to a good DL rotation, but overall Eli played great

Favre played great, Manning on the other hand played good (for the 1st 2 quarters.)

neko4
09-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Favre played great, Manning on the other hand played good (for the 1st 2 quarters.)
Yeah, the dline rotation has helped again.

The Legend
09-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Packers Defence

Packers Top 3 Sack's
Williams 2
Kampman 1
Jenkins 0

Packers Top 3 Tackler's

Barnett 20 (12/8)
Bigby 12 (7/5)
Hawk 9 (8/1)

Packers Top 3 Interception's

Barnett 1
Williams 1
Woodson 0

ny10804
09-16-2007, 05:25 PM
Packers-Giants Report Card

Quarterback: A+
Brett Favre led the team to victory today. He had great poise avoiding sacks and took advantage of some really good protection. The interception came on a pass that Donald Driver couldn't handle, so you really can't fault him there. Hopefully Brett can put up more performances like these.

The Backfield: B-
Deshawn Wynn had two great TDs. He seems like a good fit for this system. Korey Hall caught two big first down passes. Ryan Grant had a very good screen pass that went 21 yards. Only Jackson didn't play well. He needs to learn to cut and GO, which Wynn does. I'm not giving up on him yet, but 17 carries for 35 isn't gonna cut it.

Wide Receivers: B
Donald Driver made some very nice plays, eluding would be tacklers and playing well in space, especially on his TD reception. Jones had a great 46 yard grab for totals of 4 recs and 75 yards. We got no

Tight Ends: A+
Donald Lee and Bubba Franks each had 4 catches and a TD, gaining 35 and 20 yards, respectively. Brett needs some big targets in the redzone, and these two came up big today

Offensive Line: B-
The line did a very good job protecting Favre today. Clifton handled Umenyiora very well, as did Tauscher on Strahan. These are the Ts we're used to seeing. College had a few bad plays, most notably completely missing on Umenyiora on a zone run to the left. Once again, the line struggled to open up running lanes after a fast start.

Defense later.

EvilMonkey
09-16-2007, 06:08 PM
The Backfield: B-
Deshawn Wynn had two great TDs. He seems like a good fit for this system. Korey Hall caught two big first down passes. Ryan Grant had a very good screen pass that went 21 yards. Only Jackson didn't play well. He needs to learn to cut and GO, which Wynn does. I'm not giving up on him yet, but 17 carries for 35 isn't gonna cut it.

i loved wynn today but lets not get carried away here, take away the TD at the end and he has 9 carries for 12 yards. Yeah, Wynn did cut and go but too many times he just went and ran into the back of an o-lineman for a short loss. Also didnt help the couple times a Giants DL was unblocked and took him down for a loss.

Again i think Wynn played great and hope he's still a little rusty and will clean up his running a bit, wait for the lineman to get their blocks and cut behind them instead of running into them, but in the open field on the runs today and some catches both weeks so far he's looked great, but i think he's a good 3rd down back for us this year and have an increased role, but i think Jackson still played decent and should continue to get the bulk of the carries.

scottyboy
09-16-2007, 06:53 PM

yes, i would. damn, i feel stupid. he's our "cover LB" and he couldn't cover a book. ok, he let witten kill him last week, but Bubba Franks(no offense to him) but jesus, mitchell was awful. i want him benched NOW!!!

again, kudos on a great game

neko4
09-16-2007, 06:59 PM
yes, i would. damn, i feel stupid. he's our "cover LB" and he couldn't cover a book. ok, he let witten kill him last week, but Bubba Franks(no offense to him) but jesus, mitchell was awful. i want him benched NOW!!!

again, kudos on a great game
yeah, bubba and lee arent witten
and i agree about wynn, take away the TD and he's complete crap
but also like i said, our RB's made plays out of the backfield recieving

neko4
09-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Packers-Giants Report Card

Quarterback: A+++++++++++++++++++++++
Brett Favre led the team to victory today. He had great poise avoiding sacks and took advantage of some really good protection. The interception came on a pass that Donald Driver couldn't handle, so you really can't fault him there. Hopefully Brett can put up more performances like these.

The Backfield: C

Wide Receivers: B
Donald Driver made some very nice plays, eluding would be tacklers and playing well in space, especially on his TD reception. Jones had a great 46 yard grab for totals of 4 recs and 75 yards. We got no

Tight Ends: A+
Donald Lee and Bubba Franks each had 4 catches and a TD, gaining 35 and 20 yards, respectively. Brett needs some big targets in the redzone, and these two came up big today

Offensive Line: B-
The line did a very good job protecting Favre today. Clifton handled Umenyiora very well, as did Tauscher on Strahan. These are the Ts we're used to seeing. College had a few bad plays, most notably completely missing on Umenyiora on a zone run to the left. Once again, the line struggled to open up running lanes after a fast start.

Defense later.

Fixed it for you

johbur
09-17-2007, 03:16 AM
Like Brett said, 2-0 a lot better than 0-2. Next week will be a very interesting game with the Chargers. They looked absolutely terrible against the Pats. Randy Moss made me shake my head again that he's not a Packer, but I still think GB will be able to throw on the Chargers. I also don't think the Patriots defense is that much better than the Packers defense. Now, the Chargers could change up a lot of things and might come out and toss up 40+ points, but I loved seeing Brett be patient, avoid individual rushers (like when he pump faked the safety off his feet and tossed the TD to Lee) and take what the defense gave. I loved the game plan implementation in the second half. AND the special teams is a whole lot better than last year. I wasn't sure about Tramon Williams, but he's not the #2 returner in the NFC.

Great team effort and sets the stage for the clash with the Bolts. GO PACK!

Favre4ever
09-17-2007, 12:36 PM
yeah, bubba and lee arent witten
and i agree about wynn, take away the TD and he's complete crap
but also like i said, our RB's made plays out of the backfield recieving

I dont understand your comments about Wynn, you must really hate him. The O-line is not opeing up many holes but Wynn still manages to make the most of it when he has the opportunity. Hes far way better than Jackson as an open field runner and makes things happen. Like ive said earlier during trainning camp, he could be the wild card of the packers draft.