im sorry it will not be that close.

JK17
09-11-2007, 01:52 PM
sigh...Go Oakland? Did I just say that?

C'mon tie.

slightlyaraiderfan
09-11-2007, 04:49 PM
im sorry it will not be that close.
Yeah definitely, that offense looked beastly against buffalo.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Rivalry games are always close. I think we'll win because we're a better team, but it won't be a blowout.

slightlyaraiderfan
09-13-2007, 03:36 PM
about as solid as your defense looked against jon kitna and no running game.
Kitna and no running game are going to put up a lot of points this year, they're also going to win at least 10 games.*

*according to Kitna

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Seriously with our highpowered offense Denver wont stand a chance.

09-13-2007, 07:00 PM
i will guarantee you the raiders will put up a fight this week with culpepper in. they may not win but it sure will be closer than expected.

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Apparently McCown was running and throwing the ball and practiced with the first team.So was Daunte but theres no gurantee Daunte starts.

SubNoize
09-13-2007, 08:53 PM
this is going to be a very close game and it's a toss up really. Oak. weakness last week was playing the zone because they didn't have depth to cover 4 wideouts, luckily Den. is not as deep and the only real threat is going to be Walker. Denver looked like they struggled stopping the run inside, but they still ranked #1 statistically because of a stellar secondary. Oak. key to this game is to spread the ball to their TE and get off screens to Jordan. Den. has always struggled against 2 TE sets and Oak. may have the depth to take advantage. Den key to winning is dominate the inside and force Oak RB to outside where the LB core can dominate, and then get ahead early to force the Raiders to pass. I'm not going to pick a winner because I'm a raider fan obviously but this should be fun to watch.

09-13-2007, 09:02 PM
No depth at WR?

Walker
Marshall
Stokley
Smith

SubNoize
09-13-2007, 09:09 PM
No depth at WR?

Walker
Marshall
Stokley
Smith

Smith and Stokley are not close to Calvin Johnson in terms of production at this point, and Marshall didn't do anything impressive last week and is Smith even playing at all this week? You don't have enough to run 4 WR sets, 3 at the most and we have enough depth to go man against 3 wideouts. So yeah no depth...

09-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Marshall got the TD. He's a difficult match up for any #2 corner, 6'4" 230 and fast. Stokely just plain gets open. Obviously neither of these guys are Calvin Johnson, but they don't need to be. Smith, I dunno if hes playing or what's going on, so we won't run 4 deep, but to say Walker is the only threat is absurd. He's the best threat, yes(as he would be on most teams), but far from the only one. Add to that our better OL, better running game, and better D and this ain't the Lions. We didn't look weak against the inside run, we shut them down for the majority of the game, and Marshawn just plain runs hard. He's the real deal.

Namy
09-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Yeah definitely, that offense looked beastly against buffalo.
Yeah... cuz you can you totally deduce how good a team is off of one game... Two seasons ago the Broncos were clobbered in their first game in Miami before winning 14 of their next 16 games. Same with last season losing their first game gingerly before winning 7 of the next 8. With Jake Plummer might I add.

The Broncos nearly tripled the yardage of Buffalo... only a lack of some minor execution made the score close... I'll credit some of it to jitters and jumpiness of the first game of the season. I expect them to play much better this upcoming week against the Raiders.

RaiderNation
09-16-2007, 03:29 AM
20-17 raiders

09-16-2007, 10:36 AM
We need this game. Our next three are Jacksonville, @ Indy, and San Diego. The Jacksonville game I think we have a slight edge, but could easily lose. @ Indy and San Diego are going to be HARD games, I don't see us winning more than one of those two at all, and even seeing one win is very optimistic. We lose this game, all of a sudden we're looking at best 3-2, probably 2-3, maybe even 1-4 after five games. This is a very important game, we have to beat worse teams than us.

09-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Yeah... cuz you can you totally deduce how good a team is off of one game... Two seasons ago the Broncos were clobbered in their first game in Miami before winning 14 of their next 16 games. Same with last season losing their first game gingerly before winning 7 of the next 8. With Jake Plummer might I add.

The Broncos nearly tripled the yardage of Buffalo... only a lack of some minor execution made the score close... I'll credit some of it to jitters and jumpiness of the first game of the season. I expect them to play much better this upcoming week against the Raiders.

Yeah, loooking at that game, Buffalo was lucky to be in it. Our ST nearly cost us the game, with the PR TD and the near KR TD. They had one drive where they really did anything. We had a whole bunch of drives that got some solid yrdage. We need to finish and cover kicks/punts, and we'll be golden. The D is good, the O is good.

Windy
09-16-2007, 04:08 PM
come on weather. let's play some foozball.

RaiderNation
09-16-2007, 05:07 PM
why is mccown still in the game? 7 yards passing

09-16-2007, 06:49 PM
WAY too close for comfort. Cutler's stats looked okay, and he looked good from what I saw in OT, but I was working 12:30-7:30, so how did he look overall? Were the 2 INTs his fault? Just looking for some more opinions.

Windy
09-16-2007, 06:50 PM
WAY too close for comfort. Cutler's stats looked okay, and he looked good from what I saw in OT, but I was working 12:30-7:30, so how did he look overall? Were the 2 INTs his fault? Just looking for some more opinions.

his int's were horrible imo. josh mccown-like.

09-16-2007, 06:51 PM

i only saw his 2nd INT and it was a tipped ball that thomas howard intercepted and took to the house

Stash
09-16-2007, 06:54 PM
Cutlers 1st INT was pretty bad, he threw it right to Morrison and I couldn't even see the receiver.

Windy
09-16-2007, 06:55 PM
this loss is going to hurt for awhile. sims needs to be replaced but we have no one else it seems.

09-16-2007, 07:00 PM
my simple observation of the raiders this year..they have a defense ready to contend and on offense they have a workhorse RB but the QB position is killin em and is gonna prevent this team from takin the next step

Windy
09-16-2007, 07:03 PM
i want culpepper in next game. we cannot afford to have a qb who will throw multiple int's each game.

09-16-2007, 07:06 PM
I think Culpepper would do well too, he looked good enough in preseason.

Windy
09-16-2007, 07:09 PM
I think Culpepper would do well too, he looked good enough in preseason.

mccown and kiffin must have a secret relationship or something. there is no reason he should be playing especially with a broken finger and sprained ankle haha.

09-16-2007, 07:15 PM
mccown and kiffin must have a secret relationship or something. there is no reason he should be playing especially with a broken finger and sprained ankle haha.

lol i was wonderin the same thing

Stash
09-16-2007, 07:16 PM
McCown looked pretty good last week, but he was terrible today. He only went downfield a couple times through the first 3 quarters. He should have been doing more of that because Denver was giving single coverage for most of the game and the WR's were getting open on Bly's side. A starting QB needs to make those throws in order to win.