PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper to start, McCown injured

Windy
09-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Adam Schefter reported that Josh McCown cracked a bone in his finger and sprained his foot.

I hate injuries, especially to a player who has played his hardest but we need Daunte.

RaiderNation
09-11-2007, 04:23 PM
good news...

locseti
09-11-2007, 07:27 PM
the best news I've heard all day, although McCown is a warrior and battled back amongst the boo's.

09-11-2007, 08:25 PM
isnt it a coincidence this all happens the day j-roc signs. its time for the mentor to step in.

neko4
09-11-2007, 08:28 PM
I honestly believe that McCown is better than Culpepper. But doesnt matter now that he's hurt

SeanTaylorRIP
09-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Yay for my fantasy team, huge league and start 3 QB's and Pep is my 3rd.

09-11-2007, 08:32 PM
I honestly believe that McCown is better than Culpepper. But doesnt matter now that he's hurt

mccown is a conversative QB that wont do us any good rite now..we need some1 like culpepper who is willing to take chances and make big plays long enough til we turn it over to j-roc

SubNoize
09-12-2007, 05:32 PM
changing QBs will do nothing really, our offense was productive for the most part and it was mental breakdowns by the defense (secondary mostly), the O-Line in the clutch (Grove) and our Special Teams (Seabass). Culpepper does make teams have to plan for the deep ball though and maybe that will open up the run game a bit, which I was very pleased by, Jordan was productive.

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-12-2007, 06:08 PM
I disagree CPep is a much better QB than McClown is.McClown missed alot of people down the field.
As for our secondary I think the big problem was that we were in zone for the most part.The only reason I can guess to why we were in zone was lack of CB depth.

locseti
09-15-2007, 11:44 AM
McCheckDown committed 4 turnovers last game, and threw a costly INT in crunch time. I don't see how C-Pep can do any worse.

LonghornsLegend
09-15-2007, 11:54 AM
I think if Pepp gets back to his old self in some sort, and rhodes comes back to get in the rotation with jordan, i actually see you guys beating alot of division foes, KC and denver mainly...mcnown did look good to me, but i think if you get a healthy daunte somewhere in between his best season in minny, and his worst its an upgrade...

oh and curry is a stud

portermvp84
09-17-2007, 10:07 AM
I don't mind Mckown, he didn't do half bad these past two weeks. First Raider QB to throw for 300 for along time. I kinda want to see what C-pep can do.

Stash
09-17-2007, 05:22 PM
I don't mind Mckown, he didn't do half bad these past two weeks. First Raider QB to throw for 300 for along time. I kinda want to see what C-pep can do.

I guess you missed the game against Denver.......

Windy
09-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Andrew Walter probably would of made that throw to Porter. The one that McCown overthrew.

jerry macdonald's blog

Lane Kiffin said at his Monday press briefing Josh McCown will be the quarterback when the Raiders host the Cleveland Browns.
McCown was wearing a protective boot on his injured right foot in the locker room, but expected to be able to play.
Both men addressed what is sure to be boo-filled reception at McAfee Coliseum.
More to come later . . .