PDA

View Full Version : Sigh Of Relief!

EdReedUnstoppable
09-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Ray Lewis says he will play this weekend, thank God his injury isnt more serious because if Ray is lost for an extended period of time, the Ravens are lost for an extended period of time.

Ravens1991
09-12-2007, 03:59 PM
yes that is good Ray is the man, I say we name a street in Bmore after him, retire his #, and offer him a coaching job within the hour he retires.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-12-2007, 08:09 PM
yes that is good Ray is the man, I say we name a street in Bmore after him, retire his #, and offer him a coaching job within the hour he retires.

We should actually name the city after him!

Ravens1991
09-13-2007, 11:23 AM
I like that idea, what the hell is a baltimore BTW?

Bal·ti·more /ˈbɔltəˌmɔr, -ˌmoʊr/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[bawl-tuh-mawr, -mohr] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun a black nymphalid butterfly, Melitaea phaeton, characterized by orange-red, yellow, and white markings, common in those areas of the northeastern U.S. where turtlehead, the food plant of its larvae, is found.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Baltimore

we have a city named after a butterfly, it is time for a change.

trkaline
09-13-2007, 11:25 AM
Welcome to Lewisville, Maryland the only place in America you can find a 2 digit zipcode city wide....52...

BigDawg819
09-13-2007, 07:56 PM

Bal·ti·more /ˈbɔltəˌmɔr, -ˌmoʊr/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[bawl-tuh-mawr, -mohr] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun a black nymphalid butterfly, Melitaea phaeton, characterized by orange-red, yellow, and white markings, common in those areas of the northeastern U.S. where turtlehead, the food plant of its larvae, is found.

The city was named after Lord Baltimore not a butterfly! Do you not pay attention in class?

SuperKevin
09-13-2007, 07:59 PM

Actually the city is named after a person.

The city is named after the founding proprietor of the Maryland Colony, Lord Baltimore in the Irish House of Lords. Baltimore himself took his title from a place named Baltimore in Ireland, which is the English transliteration of the Irish language Baile an Tí Mhoir, or "Home of The Big House".[7] It is not clear whether this Baltimore was the town of Baltimore in County Cork, or a place in the county of Longford which was called Baltimore at the time.

From wikipedia

Ravens1991
09-13-2007, 08:47 PM
OK I now feel like a dunce, but still I say Lewismore > Baltimore and I am Irish.

ChefMike
09-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Did you seriously look that up and only found info on a Butterfly ?????????

Where did you look Dipshit-opedia.com ???

Ravens1991
09-14-2007, 06:41 PM
sorry funny man I just searched Baltimore on dictionary.com