View Full Version : Nfc North Week Two

Scotty D
09-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Current Standings

1. Minnesota Vikings 1-0
2. Green Bay Packers 1-0
3. Detroit Lions 1-0
4. Chicago Bears 0-1

*Vikings and Packers are above Lions because of Conference wins and the the Vikings are above the Packers due to points scored.

Week 2 Matchups

Green Bay @ New York Giants - 1 EST

Kansas City @ Chicago - 4:15 EST

Minnesota @ Detroit - 4:15 EST

TheMadLionsFan
09-12-2007, 09:04 PM
I like Green Bay over New York
Chicago over Kansas City
Detroit over Minnesota

Notredameleo
09-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Prediction: Packers win because of the loss of Eli and Jacobs.

Chicago Win b/c well, you know

Detroit wins in a close game.

Standings-
Green Bay--- 2-0
Detroit------2-0
Chicago-----1-1
Minnesota---1-1

Boston
09-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Uh-oh. Chicago's not doing so hot. Is this a sign of things to come?

PackerLegend
09-12-2007, 09:30 PM
No matter what either the Vikings or Lions are going to be 2-0. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAHHAHAHAHHA HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAH AHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHHA I JUST PEED MYSELF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

princefielder28
09-12-2007, 09:32 PM

Depends if Rex is QB :)

neko4
09-12-2007, 09:55 PM
No matter what either the Vikings or Lions are going to be 2-0. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAHHAHAHAHHA HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAH AHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHHA I JUST PEED MYSELF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they could tie!
I think Minny wins this one, but detroit in the rematch
GB over NY
CHI over KC
I feel bad for LJ, behind no line and going against the bears D

bearfan
09-12-2007, 10:14 PM
they could tie!
I think Minny wins this one, but detroit in the rematch
GB over NY
CHI over KC
I feel bad for LJ, behind no line and going against the bears D

Lol, yeah. Look at how LT did...and look at his line

bearsfan_51
09-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Or maybe because we played the Chargers?

Don't worry...you all will get to lose to them too.

bearfan
09-13-2007, 06:13 AM

I think he was joking ;)

TitleTown088
09-13-2007, 08:02 AM

Just like our 10 point underdogs to Philly der BF....?
But ya, well lose to SD.

The Bears and Packers played good teams, with the bears playign the better of the two. The VIkings and Lions played the two worst teams in football IMO.

sweetness34
09-13-2007, 01:53 PM
We played like crap against arguably the most talented team in football and lost by 11 points, this after turning the ball over 4 times and giving them the ball at the 20 twice which resulted in points I believe.

I thought GB had an impressive win over Philly (who is a solid team). Detroit beat the lowly Raiders at the last second and Minny beat the Joey Harrington lead Falcons. Good showing for the North (besides the Bears stumble out West).

Must win game for the Bears against the Chiefs. We lose I think we're sunk, we win we're in good shape.

P-L
09-14-2007, 11:35 AM
I thought GB had an impressive win over Philly (who is a solid team). Detroit beat the lowly Raiders at the last second
There was almost five minutes to go in the game when Detroit took the final lead. The Lions were in control almost the entire game until the end of the 3rd quarter when the Raiders made some drives. It was Green Bay who won at the last second.

VoteLynnSwan
09-14-2007, 11:37 AM
i don't think Philly is going to be anywhere near as good as some people think they might be... probably bottom 5-7 in the league in my opinion.

bearsfan_51
09-14-2007, 01:09 PM
i don't think Philly is going to be anywhere near as good as some people think they might be... probably bottom 5-7 in the league in my opinion.
The only way Philly picks in the top 5 is if all of McNabb's limbs fall off. There are far too many horrible teams for that to happen.

VoteLynnSwan
09-14-2007, 02:07 PM
The only way Philly picks in the top 5 is if all of McNabb's limbs fall off. There are far too many horrible teams for that to happen.

i really didn't like what i saw from McNabb... he looked bad, i guess it would be more accurate to say they'll be in the 10-15 range.

awfullyquiet
09-14-2007, 05:38 PM
We played like crap against arguably the most talented team in football and lost by 11 points, this after turning the ball over 4 times and giving them the ball at the 20 twice which resulted in points I believe.

I thought GB had an impressive win over Philly (who is a solid team). Detroit beat the lowly Raiders at the last second and Minny beat the Joey Harrington lead Falcons. Good showing for the North (besides the Bears stumble out West).

Must win game for the Bears against the Chiefs. We lose I think we're sunk, we win we're in good shape.

its a must win in week two. hahaha.
oh man.
i think it's almost like being spoiled.

BcLion
09-15-2007, 02:16 PM
Week 2 Matchups

GB gets anouther gift win because Eli and Jacobs are hurt.

Chitown destroys KC but rex still trys to lose the game 2 picks 2 fumbles.

Lions win in good game between two weak teams.Lions need to prove alot to me before I call them anything near good.Vikes are weakest in our division with their QB/WR duo and their run D will be #1 in league but pass D will be dead last.

NFC North is unproven at this pint and none of the games this week will change that.Only possable change to whos good and whos not is if chitown loses then they suck.

Oh and lets hear how great the packers are after that gift from the eagles and how after you beat the giants minus eli and jacobs how great you are.But OMG if the pack loses that game we are gunna eat you alive.

BcLion

Boston
09-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Week 2 Matchups

GB gets anouther gift win because Eli and Jacobs are hurt.

Chitown destroys KC but rex still trys to lose the game 2 picks 2 fumbles.

Lions win in good game between two weak teams.Lions need to prove alot to me before I call them anything near good.Vikes are weakest in our division with their QB/WR duo and their run D will be #1 in league but pass D will be dead last.

NFC North is unproven at this pint and none of the games this week will change that.Only possable change to whos good and whos not is if chitown loses then they suck.

Oh and lets hear how great the packers are after that gift from the eagles and how after you beat the giants minus eli and jacobs how great you are.But OMG if the pack loses that game we are gunna eat you alive.

BcLion

I'm sorry, I couldn't help but notice you trying to express what could be deemed a rational thought.

TacticaLion
09-15-2007, 02:22 PM
There was almost five minutes to go in the game when Detroit took the final lead. The Lions were in control almost the entire game until the end of the 3rd quarter when the Raiders made some drives. It was Green Bay who won at the last second.

Was thinking the exact same thing.

BuckNaked
09-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Can we all agree that the NFC South has taken over the worst division in football award?

Shiver
09-17-2007, 01:33 AM
Can we all agree that the NFC South has taken over the worst division in football award?

That could be considered fair; although the NFC North does have Detroit sitting on top...

bearsfan_51
09-17-2007, 10:50 AM
That could be considered fair; although the NFC North does have Detroit sitting on top...
And the Bucs are that much better?

Bears > Saints
Packers > Panthers
Lions = Bucs
Vikings > Falcons

This isn't even close. I called it in May, the Bucs will take the NFC South with a 9-7 record.

Addict
09-17-2007, 03:06 PM
And the Bucs are that much better?

Bears > Saints
Packers > Panthers
Lions > Bucs
Vikings > Falcons

This isn't even close. I called it in May, the Bucs will take the NFC South with a 9-7 record.

Lions are 2-0, they'll pwn the Bucs. have you seen their secondary compared to our receivers?

bearsfan_51
09-17-2007, 03:09 PM
The Lions were 2-0 in 2004 as well. They finished 6-10. The Vikings were 2-0 last year, they also finished 6-10.

Try to get a grip.

Scotty D
09-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Ironically I think the Lions then played the Eagles and TO and got destroyed.

Addict
09-17-2007, 03:38 PM
The Lions were 2-0 in 2004 as well. They finished 6-10. The Vikings were 2-0 last year, they also finished 6-10.

Try to get a grip.

6-10... that's still an improvement.

PackerLegend
09-17-2007, 04:54 PM
The Lions will lose next week againist the Eagles and then we wont have to hear about o man the Lions are 2-0! Wow they only barely beat probably the 2 worst teams in the NFL!

familyguy555
09-17-2007, 04:58 PM
If the Packers can beat the Eagles we can too.

neko4
09-17-2007, 05:47 PM
That could be considered fair; although the NFC North does have Green Bay sitting on top...
Fixed it 4u

princefielder28
09-17-2007, 06:09 PM
If the Packers can beat the Eagles we can too.

think again.........your defense isn't quite at the level of the Pack's; your offense may be better but Philly's D has the personnel to stop you

TacticaLion
09-17-2007, 06:21 PM
think again.........your defense isn't quite at the level of the Pack's; your offense may be better but Philly's D has the personnel to stop you
Yeah... if they're healthy. It was said that Lito could be out for a month with his injury.

Regardless, we passed (with ease) against the Raiders, who had a solid pass defense in 2006. Whatever excuses you'd like to make for that statement, they still have solid players in the secondary.

Teams know that we're going to pass. They know our roster and know our O Coordinator... so they know what our game plan is. That being said, we've still passed well through the first 2 games. Either coaches are blind to our strategy, or the strategy is working... and I'm betting on the second one.

Our defense has also played well... which is, of course, what it will come down to. If Kitna can stay alive, we have a good shot at beating the Eagles.

bearsfan_51
09-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Fixed it 4u

Detroit is in the lead because they have a divisional win.

As for them having a "good" chance of beating Philly. That's probably a bit strong, but it's not out of the realm of possibility given how Philly looked against Green Bay.

P-L
09-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Yeah, our chances go up a lot if Lito Sheppard is out with an injury. Very few teams on our schedule have the combination of pass rush and depth in the secondary to stop the Lions offense (unfortunately, the Bears and Packers do and we play them twice each). The Eagles are not one of those teams, unless J.T. O'Sullivan sees any significant time. We'll be able to put up some points on them. Unfortunately, we'll probably give up quite a few points. I'm expecting a loss, but I don't think a W is completely out of the question.

neko4
09-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Detroit is in the lead because they have a divisional win.

As for them having a "good" chance of beating Philly. That's probably a bit strong, but it's not out of the realm of possibility given how Philly looked against Green Bay.
oh that makes sense then, i was basing it on strength of sched

bearsfan_51
09-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Scratch that, Philly looks terrible. Good news for the Lions, bad news for the Packers.

TacticaLion
09-17-2007, 10:57 PM
Scratch that, Philly looks terrible. Good news for the Lions, bad news for the Packers.
Yes they did... great news for the Lions. Considine AND Dawkins injured? I've got no clue how severe the injuries are, but add those injuries with the Lito injury and that'll just make things easier next week.

McNabb looked hesitant the entire game and made quite a few bad throws.

We'll see what happens.

princefielder28
09-18-2007, 09:11 AM
Take back what I said about the Lions, I think they have a strong chance of winning in Week 3

awfullyquiet
09-19-2007, 02:14 AM
Take back what I said about the Lions, I think they have a strong chance of winning in Week 3

yay for fantasy leagues this week.

The iggles look like crap... and with dawkins gone. mcnabb going to racism. i can scarly see the lions advancing to 3-0..
but 3-1 doesn't seem out of the question after four weeks.
who'da thunkin?

TacticaLion
09-19-2007, 10:52 AM
yay for fantasy leagues this week.

The iggles look like crap... and with dawkins gone. mcnabb going to racism. i can scarly see the lions advancing to 3-0..
but 3-1 doesn't seem out of the question after four weeks.
who'da thunkin?

Starting 3-1 means we won either the Eagles or the Bears game... and I'll take either. The Eagles look like a better chance at this point, but, as the Texans have shown us, anything is possible.

If the Packers start off 3-0, I wont know what to think. Eagles... Giants... CHARGERS?!

Holy ****.