PDA

View Full Version : Team Needs

Joeyjr09
09-13-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm currently making a 2008 mock even tho it's really early. I'd like a fan point of view on what they think they teams biggest needs are considering nobody knows your team better then you. If y'all could list you team, some top needs and some reasons, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Joeyjr09
09-13-2007, 05:18 PM
oops, accidentally put this on the college board instead of NFL, my bad.

neko4
09-13-2007, 06:27 PM
meh i'll help you out
Packers
1 CB- With Harris and Woodson aging and a lack of depth a CB is a huge need. Fan faves... Cason and Jenkins

2 TE- Bubba, even if he had a comeback year (still got my fingers crossed) is up there in years and isnt that good anymore.

3 SS- Atari Bigby won the job in camp so he did something right, but if he cant do the job this year we'll be looking for a SS. We just drafted Aaron ROuse but he could end up playing LB

4 HB- I dont wanna give up on Jackson but it is a need.

5 OL- Mostly just depth

6 OLB- We'll see if Poppinga can fill the job

7 DE- Kampman, Cullen, and KGB form a great trio, but KGB is up there and his pass rushing abilites arent what they used to be. So a pass rushing DE would be nice.

Tubby
09-13-2007, 10:05 PM
The Seahawks have only two real needs: TE and OG

After that, you could make a case for almost every position. QB, HB, O-Line, DT, and LB.

Scotty D
09-13-2007, 10:05 PM
Lions
DE
MLB
CB

Best value at the position to determine 1st rounder.

Dawg4L21
09-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Browns
1. 34 DE
2. WR (we need a #2 badly behind Braylon)
3. 34 NT/RB

if a real good WR falls to the 2nd then give us him because 34 DE can usually be had in later rounds

Bearsfan123
09-13-2007, 11:12 PM
Bears:

1st: Offensive Tackle-The bears have many O-lineman on the wrong side of thirty and this years draft class is stacked with alot of top senior talent at the position. Left Tackle especially is a need.

2nd:Safety-Mike Brown cannot stay healthy. We have solid depth but Daniel Manning has this year to prove he deserves to start, otherwise we can draft a replacement. (Or Archuleta's eventual replacement for that matter if Manning does well)

T3rd:Wide Receiver- This is a "want" not really a "need." A good possesion receiver to replace Moose would be good.

T3rd:Runningback- Yes it was only the first game, but Benson hasn't looked good. If alot of the young talent comes out this could be a serious want otherwise we might as well wait another year.

5th: Defensive Tackle- Dusty D, Tommie Harris, and Darwin Walker. DD is a ? due to his injuries. Tommie is a stud, and Walker is probably the top backup DT in the league. But behind that theres pretty much nothin. So gettin a guy in the 3rd-5th wouldnt be bad.

6th:Fullback-If a fb like Brian Leanord was available I'd say we should snatch him up, but I dont think there is one in this class.

XFactor: Quarterback-Grossman has not been resigned, and he may not be if he doesn't perform. Again this is a strong senior crop and if a guy we like happens to fall, we may say goodbye to Grossman regardless. This could be our #2 need if Grossman fails, or no need if he plays decently-good.

Don Vito
09-13-2007, 11:21 PM
Patriots

1. Inside LB
A big run stuffer with athleticism who will play in the middle of our 3-4. ILB or CB should what we user our 1st rounder on

2. CB
Little/no depth behind Asante and Hobbs. Meriweather will probably play SS when Rodney leaves too

3. DE/OLB
A guy like Tommy Blake/Bruce Davis/Quentin Groves/Vernon Gholston/Derrick Harvey if one of them falls to round 2/3

4. RB
We could use a guy with speed or power, we have very little depth besides Maroney/Sammy Morris

5. TE
We need another TE outside of Watson. David Thomas is pretty much an H-Back/WR and Kyle Brady has about 2 years left in him and all he can do is block

KCJ58
09-13-2007, 11:58 PM
well it's hard to tell know what team needs cuz it's not even the off-season yet

Don Vito
09-14-2007, 12:02 AM
He's making a mock so just give an idea about what you're team looks like they need based on paper and week 1 performance. I know the Pats certainly need an ILB.

KCJ58
09-14-2007, 12:03 AM
for the rams ethier a LB,DE,DB,OL

P-L
09-14-2007, 12:47 AM
In order...

MLB
CB
DE
RT
OG
SLB
RB

Joeyjr09
09-14-2007, 01:37 AM
well it's hard to tell know what team needs cuz it's not even the off-season yet

Obviously, it's just for now. Like It's pretty obvious that the Dolphins need OL and the Falcons need QB. It's just to get ideas from fans on what they feel their team needs for my mock.

Jonny
09-14-2007, 02:12 AM
Giants:

big need:

1. CB
2. LB
3. S

moderate need:

4. LT

Shiver
09-14-2007, 03:23 AM
In (My) Order:

QB - Joey Harrington is the starter, 'nuff said.

LT - Wayne Gandy is a FA and won't be resigned. No real replacement is on the roster.

DT - Rod Coleman and Grady Jackson are aging and depth is a concern.

MLB - Keith Brooking doesn't really fit well at MLB and he too is aging.

RB - Warrick Dunn is a FA and Jerious Norwood doesn't have the make of a feature RB.

SS - Lawyer Milloy is ancient and Daren Stone may not be the answer.

Caddy
09-14-2007, 03:32 AM
Buccaneers Needs in no particular order:

WR: Behind Joey Galloway there is very little to be excited about. Galloway is approaching the end of his career so something must be done.
CB: Barber and Kelly are getting on in years and someone needs to be brought in soon to be groomed.
C: John Wade is not the answer and Dan Buenning/Matt Lehr haven't shown a great amount.
LT: Luke Petitgout is alright, but if the Bucs had the chance to grab a stud then it would be a wise investment.
DT: Jovan Haye at under tackle is less than ideal.
LE: Greg Spires and Kevin Carter are close to the end of their careers so LE needs to be addressed soon.
QB: Jeff Garcia is a stop gap and McCown/Grads/Simms haven't shown anyone enough recently.
KR: The only team in NFL history never to have returned a kickoff for a TD..

Finsfan79
09-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Fins

1. Offensive Tackle - Carey is a nice player, our center is nice. But we need guards and another tackle
2. Playmakers on offense (possibly RB) - Ronnie Brown is quickly approaching bust label. If we pick top 5 and McFadden is there hard to say no.
3. Free Safety - Bell is a nice kid for a strong safety (if he can ever keep healthy), but free safety we have nothing
4. Tight end - Martin is still a ??? for now
5. WR - Booker will be gone next year, good chance chambers will be too if he keeps dropping everything. So Hagan and Ginn only?

Dont need:
1. QB

HoopsDemon12
09-14-2007, 10:05 AM
Bills

DT
OLB
CB
WR

WE DO NOT NEED A TACKLE IN ROUND ONE!!!

Man_Of_Steel
09-14-2007, 10:20 AM
Steelers

O-Line
Cornerback
D-Line

Turtlepower
09-14-2007, 10:27 AM
Giants:

big need:

1. CB
2. LB
3. S

moderate need:

4. LT

I would agree, except with our injury plagued defensive line and Strahan possibly not returning, I would put it:

1. CB
2. LB
3. DE
4. S (unless Kenny Phillips is available)
5. LT
6. RB
7. Head Coach

Sniper
09-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Eagles

LB: Omar Gaither can either play anywhere on the LB front, but Spikes is getting up there in age and who knows if Gocong can play.

S: Dawkins is getting older as well and Considine, while he looked excellent in week 1, is better suited to take Dawk's role so we probably need a SS.

TE: LJ Smith is probably gonzo after this season, and Celek is more of a #2.

OT: Runyan and Thomas are getting old. One side will be locked up with Winston Justice, and we need another.

CB: Lito's always dinged up and you can never have enough talented corners.

PR/KR: No more Reno Mahe.

LionSmack
09-14-2007, 12:33 PM
Lions need freakin' defense. I think they would draft any position on defense, even DT, where they can get a player who fits their scheme and also has the kind of character they are looking for. (edit: I correct myself - they're not going to draft a WLB. But they still could draft a WLB type to play on the other side since they like all their LB's to be quick and athletic and don't mind if they're a little undersized)

It makes it kind of hard to predict who they will draft because the player's personality is extremely important to them. They may very well pass on an otherwise blue-chip prospect if that player's personality doesn't appeal to them.

I suppose they would also potentially take a T, G, or even RB or TE, but it's pretty obvious they have a decent-to-good offense completely assembled right now and need defense much more.

Jonny
09-14-2007, 12:49 PM
I would agree, except with our injury plagued defensive line and Strahan possibly not returning, I would put it:

1. CB
2. LB
3. DE
4. S (unless Kenny Phillips is available)
5. LT
6. RB
7. Head Coach

Kiwi is moving back to DE when Strahan leaves, if not sooner.

We don't need a DE with Osi, Tuck, and Kiwi. That's one of the better groups in the league.

scottyboy
09-14-2007, 02:42 PM
Giants need Courtney Greene.

princefielder28
09-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Green Bay

1. CB
2. TE
3. SS
4. RB
5. DE
6. OL

Wyndham
09-14-2007, 05:33 PM
It is impossible to say at this point. For the Chiefs, will Croyle get an opportunity and if so, does he do enough to warrant postponing the selection of a QB or not? There are other questions with similar implications on next year's draft, but at this stage I would say (in order of importance):

1. QB - Huard sucks and I don't know if Croyle can be the guy. The team needs a franchise QB.
2. OT - McIntosh gets a bad rap and played outstanding in game one, but he's up there in age. Turley/Terry on the right side isn't a good thing. There's no depth.
3. WR - Bowe should be a nice receiver in the future but outside of him and Eddie Kennison who may retire (and if not will at best be a #2 for one more year) the Chiefs have no proven talent and not an awful lot of potential.
WR and OT are almost interchangable, but the Chiefs are slightly better set for the future at WR and OT is a much more important position
4. CB - the starters are elite some games and whack the next. Either way, they're old and the depth just isn't there. I'd place higher importance on this if KC's offense was on a par with its defense, which it isn't.
5. DT - Tank Tyler looks like a nice find for the Chiefs and Alfonso Boone played like a man possessed in week one, but Ron Edwards and James Reed suck and a young, quick, talented player at this position would greatly help the rotation.
6. Interior OL - Wiegmann's not a fit for a physical offense and is getting up there in age, Welbourne is solid but also getting up there and the depth across the board is very thin.

It remains to be seen whether the Chiefs will need to add a kicker next year.

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Raiders in order.
RDE Basically no pressure.Clemons is good but only sees time in Nickel or dime packages.
C Grove sucks.Just abysmal.
OT Mario Henderson looks like he could be a future starter.We need someone else to play opposite of him.
DT depth.
CB depth.
WR

fenikz
09-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Cardinals Needs

1. CB we have 2 Nickle backs starting and Rolle just sucks
2. 3-4 OLB - Pace looked good in his 1st game but I don't him to keep that up
3. FS - Terrence Holt is average at best and Aaron Fransisco should only be a special teamer
4. 3-4 DE - Dockett is great on one side, and Antonio Smith has been above average at the other, but they have absolutely no depth behind them
5. 3-4 ILB - I personally would like to see Dansby moved back to OLB where he will be freed up to blitz more often
6. OT - Gandy is alright at LT but we could most certainly do better

Mr. Stiller
09-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Steelers:

1) DE/OLB ~ We need an elite pass rusher. We lost Porter, Haggans is nearly out of his contract and old. Harrison is solid, but He's not an elite passrusher. Woodley solidified the LOLB spot, but we still don't have a guy that can beat LT's 1on1. (Vernon Gholston, Derrick Harvey)

2) LT ~ Marvel Smith has one more season after this year, he's 31, with injury concerns. He was a very good LT and was a solid player, but we need a future behind him, and Trai Essex isn't it. (Ryan Clady, Tony Hills)

3) RG/RT Swingman ~ Colon won the RT spot, but he's really not built for the position. He would be a stellar RG or C. He's Squat and bull strong. Grabbing a guy like this could give us a future starter and great depth. Starks is leaving after the year. (Jeff Otah, Chad Rinehart)

4) 3-4 DE ~ Kirschke is old, and there's no depth really at DE. Eason isn't anything special, Aaron Smith is aging. McBean is on the PS and needs to bulk up and get stronger to hold the point. No word on Derrick Jones coming Back. We need a young guy ready to contribute decently early. A Kid thats strong enough, may have some experience and is big enough. (Dre Moore, Keilen Dykes)

5) ILB ~ Could use a guy to develop into a future Buck ILB behind Farrior. Or a guy that could give depth at a few LB positions (Jameel McClain, Eric Foster, Jeremy Leman, Bryan Kehl)

6) CB ~ Could use another guy for depth and developmental purposes. (Brandon Carr, Mike Jenkins, Jack Williams)

7) DT/NT ~ could use a young buck for backup NT and DT in their 4 man sets.. We only have Hampton/Hokie and we could use depth. ( Frank Morton, James McClinton)

KILLERSANTA
09-14-2007, 07:14 PM
No OLineman for Dallas in the first!!!(if at all)

Scotty D
09-14-2007, 07:45 PM
No OLineman for Dallas in the first!!!(if at all)

You mean you wouldn't a stud LT? Jake Long?

KILLERSANTA
09-14-2007, 09:13 PM
You mean you wouldn't a stud LT? Jake Long?

We could(Will) win the superbowl, Jake could fall to the 32's pick. Jerry Still would not draft him. Jerry Jones has NEVER EVER drafted a OL in the first.......

Scotty D
09-14-2007, 09:23 PM
We could(Will) win the superbowl, Jake could fall to the 32's pick. Jerry Still would not draft him. Jerry Jones has NEVER EVER drafted a OL in the first.......

I'm talking about Clevelands pick.

Xiomera
09-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Detroit -

1. Cornerback
2. Defensive End
3. Middle Linebacker

bearsfan_51
09-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Detroit -

1. Cornerback
2. Defensive End
3. Middle Linebacker
4. Wide Reciever

BuckNaked
09-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Vikings, in no order:

QB(too early to tell)
WR(too early to tell)
OT
OG
TE
OLB
S

Joeyjr09
09-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Thanks guys, Keep it coming, I'm making a big 7 round round draft if i can, it's gonna be pretty much completely unrealistic after about round 2 but what the hell, it'll spark a nice disscussion. Im on round 3 right now.

TitanHope
09-14-2007, 10:18 PM
For the Titans, in no particular order:

FS- Calvin Lowry is our starting FS, but is more suited for the SS position. We need a starter quality FS to complete our secondary.

DT- Albert Haynesworth is in the last year of his contract, and has character concerns. Aside from him, we have no other run-stuffing DT. Even if we re-sign Haynesworth, another DT would be a need. A run-stuffing DT like Dorsey or Okam, not a pass-rusher like Ellis.

MLB- Fowler and Tulloch are performing the MLB position by a committee. An actual MLB would be a nice pick in the later rounds, but not early considering our MLB doesn't play as much as our nickelback.

WR- We don't need the highest rated WR. We need the most polished WR. We've selected talented guys in rounds 2-3 for a few years, but they were raw and they haven't panned out like we wanted. We need immediate impact and improvement to our WR core.

RB- This is the catalyst, and fully depends on LenDale. If LenDale doesn't produce, then we may be looking for help at the position. Chris Brown has a one year deal. I know we drafted Henry last year, but he's not a sure thing. We've been looking for a big time RB since Eddie George left, narrowly missing Steven Jackson, Larry Johnson, and Caddilac/Brown/Benson. If we're in the position to draft McFadden, I think we take him. He would be deadly with our O-Line.

And just to clarify, we have little need at DE and CB. We drafted Griffin last year to play CB and we just traded for Bryce Fisher. Though, if there is a great value, taking them may be a good pick, and could really depend if PacMan comes back or not. Also, we're big on BPA.

09-14-2007, 10:57 PM
raiders

1. K
2. OL
3. RB
4. WR

Vikes99ej
09-14-2007, 11:00 PM
1) Qb
2) Rt
3) Dt
4) Rg
5) S

RedLionAle
09-14-2007, 11:39 PM
My opinion on the Texans...

1. OT - Been the major position of need for quite a while, now.
2. RB - Ahman Green is only filling the spot for a year or two at most, and the franchise needs a young back to take over for him.
3. DB - Previously, I would have just said safety, and this would have been right up there with OT, but after the Boulware trade it's not as big a need. We still need a solid corner to play opposite Dunta, though. Another safety wouldn't hurt, either.
4. WR - Jacoby Jones is looking nice so far, but it'd still be nice to have a reciever opposite AJ that can actually help to draw coverage away from him.

That's what comes to mind right this minute.

Yung Flippa
09-14-2007, 11:40 PM
1. Cornerback
2. Defensive End
3. Linebacker
4. Wideout
5. BPA
6. BPA
7. BPA

Addict
09-15-2007, 05:24 AM
Lions
DE
MLB
CB

Best value at the position to determine 1st rounder.

we could do with some fresh O-linemen as well, but the positions you named are definately our main concerns, you did leave out Safety.

P-L
09-15-2007, 08:47 AM
we could do with some fresh O-linemen as well, but the positions you named are definately our main concerns, you did leave out Safety.
I think you have to assume that Gerald Alexander was drafted to be the future at safety. Assuming Daniel Bullocks looks like he will come back healthy, I can't see us drafting a Safety unless it's in day two and just for depth.

TimD
09-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Jets

3-4 DE
OG
CB
WR
Receiving TE

the jets draft picks in '08 are kinda weird... a bunch of picks like changed with trades to chicago and washington

MURPHMAN
09-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Panthers

1) Safety
2) DT (both back-ups FA's and starter Jenkins could still be trade bait after this season)
3) OT (both starters are UFA's, although Gross is a priorty to get re-signed before March, and no decent back-ups)
4) ILB (can Morgan make it through a season? Even if he does he is still one big hit away from serious injury and retirement).
5) Fullback (starter is a UFA although he could easly be re-signed and the OC seems to find a good use for him in the new system).
6) Dime CB - Gamble could be lost to free agency after '08 so why not bring in someone decent to groom into the nickel position.
7) QB - too early to tell if Carr is the answer at backup
8) WR - Carter and Colbert are UFA's and even though Jarrett and Ryne Robinson are waiting in the wings, another one would be nice.

Remember Carolina has no 5th rounder in '08, traded to Chicago.

OSUGiants17
09-15-2007, 10:22 AM
Giants
RB
DB
LB
OT
DL

21ST
09-15-2007, 10:44 AM
1.cb/wr
2.wr/cb
3.ot
4.de
5.og

skinzzfan25
09-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Redskins:
De
Cb
Dt
Ot
Wr

Crow
09-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Raiders in order.
RDE Basically no pressure.Clemons is good but only sees time in Nickel or dime packages.
C Grove sucks.Just abysmal.
OT Mario Henderson looks like he could be a future starter.We need someone else to play opposite of him.
DT depth.
CB depth.
WR
Close to my list, but I would still rate things a little differently...especially since I have a hard time ranking our most glaring needs vs our probable needs next year.

1. RDE: Easily our most pressing need, IMO. Our pass rush is just sad.

2. C: Agreed about Grove. The guy just isn't NFL caliber. I realize that Shaun Rogers punks a lot of interior OLs, but he just embarrassed Grove last week. Horrible.

3. WR: Curry is a beast. Porter is gone at the end of the year, and there's really no one in line to take his spot as the #2 WR. Higgins, BMW, etc look like 3s at this point.

4. DT: Jumps to #1 if Dorsey is on the board. Sapp (34yo) can't play forever. Terd is solid, but we have nothing behind them to get excited about. I could even see us taking Okam if he has a consistent/productive season.

5. OT: Henderson looked like he might be alright..albeit his play came during the trash time of preseason. Cornell Green isn't the answer at RT, and Barry Sims' job security is annually in question. Like my man said, Mario may lock down one side. The future of the other side is somewhat more questionable.

6. SAM backer: Another position that jumps sky high in the rankings if the right player falls to us. Sam Williams is nothing special. Robert Thomas is best as a reserve. Someone with size who can shed blocks and blitz effectively would be a huge upgrade for the defense.

7. DB: We may lose Aso after this season. Washington is fine, but we have nothing but garbage behind him. Huff could potentially move to RCB if Nnamdi bolts, but then we're left with a gaping hole at SS. Even if we retain our starting 4, depth is absolutely awful. Teams with legit 3 & 4 WRs can really burn us.

8. RB: Could be our 1st round pick if McFadden is there. Otherwise, we may address the position anywhere from 2-4 or even via FA. Jordan and Rhodes are essentially on 1 year deals, though Jordan does appear to realize he's playing for his job. Bush is a wild card at this point. He should prove to be a gamer, but he's not a bellcow. He'll need someone to share the load with. Kiffin wants versatility from his RBs. The vision to find the cutback lanes in this ZBS scheme and the hands to make plays out of the backfield. Preferably someone with the size and ability to handle blitz pickup.

9. QB: We need a developmental guy behind Russell's punk ass.

10: A new owner would be nice too.

pickles
09-15-2007, 04:25 PM
49ers (3-4 Defense)
DE - BY will probably retire soon, Douglas is getting up there in age.
FS - Roman is playing out of position at FS, he's more of a SS.
OG - Smiley is in a contract year, Larry Allen is going to retire at some time, David Baas has shown he's ready, but they still need someone to take over for Allen when he retires.
RB - They need a RB to back up Gore, and maybe take some pressure off his shoulders in the back field.

mpt117
09-16-2007, 01:01 AM
Eagles needs in no order:

TE-Smith is a good TE but is injury prone and sometimes has the case of the drops and the Eagles havent talked contract extension with him. The backups, Schobel and Celek, are not starter quality.

OT-Thomas and Runyan are getting up there in age. While we have Justice for one side the other side is occupied by UDFA Pat McCoy, that needs to be upgraded.

Return Specialist-Just look at the 1st game of the season as the reason we need one and we brought back Reno Mahe. Oh God. The Eagles havent had a KR or PR for a TD since 2002.

S-Dawkins is getting up there in age and we cut CJ Gaddis, who we just drafted this year to be a possible replacement!!! Also, we only have 3 safeties on the roster I believe.

LB-The jury is out on Gocong. Spikes is coming off of a serious injury. McCoy is looking like a bust. Bradley is a rookie. Gaither is the only consistent LB and can play anywhere. So, this area is a weak spot in my opinion.

CB-While Lito is a great CB, he gets dinged up a bit. There was talk of William James overtaking Sheldon Brown for the starting CB spot. James is only signed to a 1 yr. deal. Joselio Hanson is one of the worst CBs in the league in my opinion, I dont know how he made it in th first place.

WR- Greg Lewis blows, enough said. Reggie is more suited as a #2 WR to me. Avant will be a great 3rd WR, in my opinion. Baskett is inconsistent. Im still not so sure on Curtis. So, this is a possible position that needs an upgrade.

bearsfan_51
09-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Bears

1)OT
2)WR

3)QB

4)S
5)OLB

adschofield
09-16-2007, 02:59 PM
Chiefs:
1. Offensive Tackle
2. Speedy playmaking Wide Receiver
3. Cornerback
4. Outside Lineback

JETS5128
09-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Jets

D-line
OLB's
RT
LG

Turtlepower
09-16-2007, 06:31 PM
After today's Vikings game, I say QB is Vikings #1 need. =D

AkiliSmith
09-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Bengals
1.) Weakside OLB - Most of the linebacking corps are free agents, and they all suck anyways.
2.) DE - Justin Smith is a FA, and lack of a pass rush has been an issue for decades.
3.) DT - A lot of age, not a lot of talent. Could use a penetrating under tackle.

4.) S - Free or strong, preferably someone who has a little bit of coverage skills.

5.)WR - Henry is one arrest away from working the counter at McDonalds.

NYGIANTSFAN_UK
09-17-2007, 03:03 PM
Giants:

S
OLB
CB
DT

Crickett
09-18-2007, 08:29 AM
Jets

1. 3-4 NT. If DeWayne Robertson has been a bust the past few years, it is because he is a 4-3 UT playing 3-4 NT.

2. LG. The Jets opened up a hole in their offensive line when they traded Pete Kendall that they had nothing to fill with.

3. RT. Anthony Clement will be 32 and is not very good.

4. 3-4 DE. The Jets woes stopping the run is not entirely the fault of DeWayne Robertson. The entire defensive line has been struggling meekly. Kind of sad when you think of the money they've invested in those three. *sigh*

5. RG. Brandon Moore regressed after his first year and despite what other Jets fans say, every time I see him, he is struggling.

6. Pass rushing OLB. Remember they long term extension they gave Bryan Thomas? Remember all of the DE/OLB's they signed during the offseason? Well then, remember through two weeks, the Jets are only of only 2-3 teams who have yet to sack a QB.

gang_green03
09-18-2007, 10:27 AM
Jets:

1a. NT
1b. 3-4 OLB
2. RT
3. OG
4. S
5. TE

Oaktown1981
09-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Oakland Raiders

WR - Porter and Curry are good #2 WR's Raiders need a true #1 that can be a deep threat.

DE - Burgess is the Raiders only good pass rusher they need someone on the other side.

DT - Sapp won't play much longer a replacement is needed.

C - Jake Grove is terrible, Jeremy Newberry can't stay healthy

OT - Sims and Green won't be the OT's for too long. Rookie Mario Henderson looked good in preseason so the Raiders will need at least one OT.

SS - Raiders need a true SS Mike Huff should play FS. Stu Schweigert is decent but he can be replaced.

SLB - Sam Williams is playing pretty good so far this season but depth at OLB is needed.

EtrnlDarkness
09-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Titans
Needs
1. DT
2. WR
3. RB
4. ILB

Positions to stay away from (that seem to be common)

OL
CB

LionSmack
09-24-2007, 10:27 AM
ATTENTION ALL MOCK DRAFT MAKERS:

You sure as hell better make the Detroit Lions pick a DEFENSIVE PLAYER.

Let me say that again: DEFENSE. Preferably a cornerback. But if you wanna go with any player who's known to be good in pass coverage OR a good tackler, that's OK too.

What is NOT OK: Any skill position player. Tight end. Left tackle, though they could use an upgrade, but not as bad as they need DEFENSE. AND FOR GODS SAKE NOT QB.

We clear on this? OK thanks.

Sniper
09-24-2007, 11:15 AM
ATTENTION ALL MOCK DRAFT MAKERS:

You sure as hell better make the Detroit Lions pick a DEFENSIVE PLAYER.

Let me say that again: DEFENSE. Preferably a cornerback. But if you wanna go with any player who's known to be good in pass coverage OR a good tackler, that's OK too.

What is NOT OK: Any skill position player. Tight end. Left tackle, though they could use an upgrade, but not as bad as they need DEFENSE. AND FOR GODS SAKE NOT QB.

We clear on this? OK thanks.

You sure about that? I think Kevin Curtis just scored again ;) Just kidding.