PDA

View Full Version : Intersting stuff from Killer over the radio

Bootland27
09-13-2007, 10:51 PM
Killer was talking about some of our players over the last year or 2 who are no longer here. Basically said how they were a bad influence.

Marcus Bell & James Hall: Especially after they went on IR last season, they would make fun of other defensive players for trying so hard - during the games while they were on the sidelines in street clothes.

Bly: Would often state to younger players that their goal shouldn't be wins, but it should be the pro-bowl.

Wilkinson: Was a very influential player in the locker room, in a bad way. Always wanted to take short cuts, and convinced other players to do so. Killer said Wilkinson was instrumental in pressuring the players that complained and filed a grievance at the beginning of last season, even though he was no longer on the team. Killer called Millen signing Wilkinson "the worst move Millen has made".

Rogers: Was very close to falling in that trap, but Marinelli had confidence that he could correct him.

take it fwiw, slight paraphrasing. Found it to be quite interesting.

TacticaLion
09-14-2007, 04:18 PM
Interesting read. I'm glad that Marinelli has changed the mindset here... or we'd be 0-1 with absolutely no hope.

Addict
09-15-2007, 05:04 AM
Interesting read. I'm glad that Marinelli has changed the mindset here... or we'd be 0-1 with absolutely no hope.

now we're 1-0 with absolutely no hope

TacticaLion
09-15-2007, 06:12 AM
now we're 1-0 with absolutely no hope
It took me a second (a LONG second), but I get it and that's some funny ****.

How fast do you think other "fans" will turn on the Lions if they lose tomorrow?

Addict
09-15-2007, 11:02 AM
It took me a second (a LONG second), but I get it and that's some funny ****.

How fast do you think other "fans" will turn on the Lions if they lose tomorrow?

faster than you can say 'top 10 draft pick'

TheMadLionsFan
09-15-2007, 11:57 AM

remember when we had a debate about the Shaun Rogers situation....well I'm as liberal as the next person...but if all this sh!t is true....then it was essential to get rid of those players no matter how good or average they might have been....I mean really....how are you going to corrupt the young players with this nonsense and try to turn them into spoiled, selfish type players....this officially puts me on the marinelli bandwagon....and even if they get a top ten pick....I still have jope for the future...

WMD
09-15-2007, 03:36 PM
Whether we win tomorrow or not.. I still think we're going to have a Top 10 pick...

P-L
09-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Whether we win tomorrow or not.. I still think we're going to have a Top 10 pick...

If we win tomorrow, I think we'll be able to get into that 11-15 range.

TacticaLion
09-15-2007, 08:46 PM
This is what I've been thinking about...

Although many will call me crazy/stupid for making this comparison, the 2007 Lions are much like the 2006 Saints. And, the real "turning point" for the Saints last year was that MNF game against the Falcons... a game where I thought the Saints had absolutely no chance and they DOMINATED the Falcons.

Our "turning point" will be week 4 against the Bears. If we can put together a good showing and pull off a win, that'll speak volumes of the team we are and if we're ready to make a push. That win could push us forward and even into the playoffs... but losing a game before that match up and losing that game would put us back to the beginning.

Just my thoughts. Although this game scares me, I think we'll beat the Vikes. But, the big one is the Bears in week 4.