PDA

View Full Version : The Next USF?

SuperKevin
09-13-2007, 11:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3018315

Students at The University of Texas-San Antonio are lobbying hard and even offering to pay more money in athletics fees per semester in order to get a football program at the school. The school with an enrollment of 29,000 could potentially join programs such as USF and FIU as schools jumping through the divisions up to D1 shortly after starting their programs.

I wouldn't mind seeing another D1 program in Texas. There certainly is enough talent in the state to go around.

Green Bay Scat
09-13-2007, 11:14 PM
Our College was being talked about as moving to D2 from JC. We have some crazy amount of people at this College

TimD
09-13-2007, 11:16 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing another D1 program in Texas. There certainly is enough talent in the state to go around.

either would i... but it'd be tough competing for players with UT, A&M, TCU, OU, Ok St, UofHouston, LSU, etc.... So many big name schools in that region plus schools throughout the country like UofM getting McGuffie... I mean they'd be god awful at first

SuperKevin
09-13-2007, 11:17 PM
either would i... but it'd be tough competing for players with UT, A&M, TCU, OU, Ok St, UofHouston, LSU, etc.... So many big name schools in that region plus schools throughout the country like UofM getting McGuffie... I mean they'd be god awful at first

In all honesty I wouldn't mind seeing a giant merger of D1 and D1-AA like there is in basketball.

neko4
09-13-2007, 11:25 PM
In all honesty I wouldn't mind seeing a giant merger of D1 and D1-AA like there is in basketball.
same here, it would probably create some more bowls too

Green Bay Scat
09-13-2007, 11:35 PM
same here, it would probably create some more bowls too

dont forget that the d-1aa would also get more money, which equals better weight room/nicer things, which equal better scouts, which could equal a building up of a power house. its always good for this to happen. only bad part is have D-1 being 300+ Teams(?)

Jonny
09-14-2007, 02:10 AM
It's not going to happen. Texas already has good mid-majors. There was room for another school in Florida besides the Big 3, and USF jumped ahead of UCF, FIU, and FAU.

If you want a school that could be a BCS team in a few years, I'd bet on UCF, Temple, and ECU, in that order.

diabsoule
09-14-2007, 03:34 AM

I would not like that at all. In fact I would like to see a Division I and Division II in basketball so that the bigger schools would be separated from the smaller schools.

SuperKevin
09-14-2007, 06:20 AM
I would not like that at all. In fact I would like to see a Division I and Division II in basketball so that the bigger schools would be separated from the smaller schools.

There is a division 2 already in basketball

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
09-14-2007, 04:01 PM
If you want a school that could be a BCS team in a few years, I'd bet on UCF, Temple, and ECU, in that order.

Temple? You kiddin' me? Temple?! You mean the team that was 1-11 last year, 0-11 the year before, 2-9 before that, 1-11 before that... you see where I'm going? The team that just got blown completely out the water by the national powerhouse that is Buffalo? You'd bet on that team to take a step UP sometime soon? WHY?

Jonny
09-15-2007, 12:43 AM
Because their recruiting is really good for the MAC. Look at Notre Dame this year, sometimes that takes a few years to show.

They're sort of like a poor man's Rutgers. I will be stunned if they don't get at least 6 wins next year, and are soon dominating the MAC. I'd rather invited an improved Temple into the BE than another southern team.

RyanLeaf#1
09-15-2007, 01:49 AM
It's not going to happen. Texas already has good mid-majors. There was room for another school in Florida besides the Big 3, and USF jumped ahead of UCF, FIU, and FAU.

Im from Philly and we all think Golden is a great coach, but Temple will not be a BCS team anytime soon.

JT Jag
09-15-2007, 12:26 PM
dont forget that the d-1aa would also get more money, which equals better weight room/nicer things, which equal better scouts, which could equal a building up of a power house. its always good for this to happen. only bad part is have D-1 being 300+ Teams(?)If you merged D-IA/D-IAA, you'd pretty much HAVE to do a playoff. And then a sub-playoff for the people who didn't make the playoff.

And each game of each round of the playoffs would be a bowl game! No financial losses!