PDA

View Full Version : Eric Crouch headlines tryout for AAFL

SuperKevin
09-13-2007, 11:52 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/news/story?id=3018260

The new All-American Football League held a tryout today in Detroit. Eric Crouch was among those who tried out. i for one am looking forward to this new league but am upset by the lack of a west coast program. It seems to be centralized in the south with teams in Florida, Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, Detroit, and an undetermined city in Texas

Don Vito
09-13-2007, 11:54 PM
I heard about this and it sounds like a good idea. It seems like it will be a great place for guys like Crouch who can't make it in the NFL.

SuperKevin
09-13-2007, 11:55 PM
I'm a huge fan of the rule that all players must have a college degree. It gives the guys who worked just as hard in the classroom a chance to play pro football

Don Vito
09-13-2007, 11:59 PM
Does the season start this year or next? I thought it was early 2008

Chris Leak seems interested too

Windy
09-14-2007, 12:07 AM
I can't believe Vladimir Quanker is still playing. Even Matrio LaCasse.

San Diego Chicken
09-14-2007, 12:20 AM
I'm a huge fan of the rule that all players must have a college degree. It gives the guys who worked just as hard in the classroom a chance to play pro football

It doesn't have to be a league rule, but I'd love to see an NFL team adopt that policy.

Turtlepower
09-14-2007, 12:22 AM

I would prefer college to adopt the NFL policy first.

SuperKevin
09-14-2007, 01:04 AM
Does the season start this year or next? I thought it was early 2008

Chris Leak seems interested too

Season starts Sprin 2008. The draft is in January

SuperKevin
09-14-2007, 01:10 AM
Shane Matthews will be the head coach of the Gainesville, Florida team. So far the following players have been named to that team

Travis McGriff, Ran Carthon, Judd Davis, Chris Doering, Tony George, Willie Jackson, Steve Rissler, Fred Weary and Eli Williams.

diabsoule
09-14-2007, 01:11 AM
Sounds like a good idea. Should give fans of the NFL something to get excited about before the actual football season kicks off.

SuperKevin
09-14-2007, 01:13 AM
http://www.allamericanfootballleague.com/Arkansas.html

Heres a list of the key names at the Arkansas tryout

http://www.allamericanfootballleague.com/Alabama.html

Here's a list of the Alabama players

SuperKevin
09-14-2007, 01:14 AM
http://www.allamericanfootballleague.com/teams.html

Here you can participate in a poll to determine which other university should get a team

YAYareaRB
09-14-2007, 01:28 AM
How would you guys put together teams? Make up your own roster.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-14-2007, 01:49 AM
How would you guys put together teams? Make up your own roster.

I don't know about the rest of my team, but my quarterback would definitely be Scott McBrien, and my WR's would be Latrez Harrison, Steve Suter, and Jo Jo Walker.

swordman
09-14-2007, 07:17 AM
can NFL players play in this league during summer to stay in shape?

Of course I am not talking about starters of nfl team but can a practice squad player play there to showcase his ability and prove that he can play?

I am thinking bobby sippio he has nothing left to prove in the AFL and barely missed the 53 roster in KC. Imagine he passes the whole year on PS never dressing up, is that conceivable? Or will it be too much stress on his body?

I really don't know I am just wondering

yodabear
09-14-2007, 07:29 AM
He will be my #1 pick in the first AAFL fantasy draft I am in.

Splat
09-14-2007, 09:02 AM
I am thinking bobby sippio he has nothing left to prove in the AFL and barely missed the 53 roster in KC. Imagine he passes the whole year on PS never dressing up, is that conceivable? Or will it be too much stress on his body?

"Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Tuesday that the club has agreed to terms of a two-two year contract with WR Bobby Sippio, adding him to the club’s 53-man roster. As per Chiefs policy, no other terms of the agreement was made available."

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/09/11/chiefs_add_wr_bobby_sippio_to_53man_roster/

LonghornsLegend
09-15-2007, 09:46 AM
I don't know about the rest of my team, but my quarterback would definitely be Scott McBrien, and my WR's would be Latrez Harrison, Steve Suter, and Jo Jo Walker.

you know about jo jo? i heard he got picked up by the NFL this off season, guys so small and has tremendous heart, I really want to see him make it...

but ive been hearing about this league im excited, and I think the college scholarship idea is awesome, is this the same league Mark Cuban is running?

Ward
09-15-2007, 02:02 PM
can NFL players play in this league during summer to stay in shape?

I can't imagine that NFL owners would be keen on letting their stars risk injury in another league without some sort of serious compensation. Perhaps using it as a minor league for some lesser players, but that's it.

neko4
09-15-2007, 02:39 PM
I cant wait for this to startup. I think Jarrett Payton will be playing and he could be really good. He was good in NFLE

awfullyquiet
09-15-2007, 02:44 PM
"Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Tuesday that the club has agreed to terms of a two-two year contract with WR Bobby Sippio, adding him to the club’s 53-man roster. As per Chiefs policy, no other terms of the agreement was made available."

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/09/11/chiefs_add_wr_bobby_sippio_to_53man_roster/

whoa.
that's awesome. i had no idea, but am ridiculously happy for bobby sippio. he's a great player...

as i've always said, watching the AAFL can't be any worse than watching a browns/oakland game (or a majority of college games)... :-p and there's plenty of people to cheer for... like eric crouch... i wonder if ryan leaf might attempt to make an appearance...

and no, this is not the league mark cuban is involved in.

ATLDirtyBirds
09-15-2007, 02:51 PM
Calling Ernest Shazor.

neko4
09-15-2007, 03:19 PM
whoa.
that's awesome. i had no idea, but am ridiculously happy for bobby sippio. he's a great player...

as i've always said, watching the AAFL can't be any worse than watching a browns/oakland game (or a majority of college games)... :-p and there's plenty of people to cheer for... like eric crouch... i wonder if ryan leaf might attempt to make an appearance...

and no, this is not the league mark cuban is involved in.
i doubt leaf does, he's been coaching for 2 years and i think thats a fairly good job for him

JoeMontainya
09-16-2007, 09:27 AM
Calling Ernest Shazor.

did he graduate?

Airborne
09-16-2007, 10:12 AM
I understand Jeff George wants to be involved as well...

SuperKevin
09-16-2007, 01:13 PM
What sucks is there is no West Coast team and since these teams will look to feature players from the area, we won't see too many former Pac 10 players.

jballa838
09-16-2007, 07:43 PM
i hope one of these teams ends up in Utah.

gbpackers0065
09-16-2007, 07:44 PM
They should pick up Yao Ming as a Field Goal Blocker

jballa838
09-16-2007, 07:48 PM
after reading more utah would be a perfect place for this.
it is family friendly, all games on saturdays, and west coasters could go to a utah team to fill talent.

Canadian_kid16
09-16-2007, 07:58 PM
I cant wait for this to startup. I think Jarrett Payton will be playing and he could be really good. He was good in NFLE

Jarrett Payton is still playign the CFL as far as I can tell

SuperKevin
09-16-2007, 08:25 PM
They should pick up Yao Ming as a Field Goal Blocker

What part of all players need a college degree does he fall under?

YAYareaRB
09-17-2007, 10:19 AM
The Westcoast team based in Utah would be pretty bad ass