PDA

View Full Version : Its time! THE KBC IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigDawg819
09-14-2007, 01:37 PM
That's right gents, The KBC is back in full swing and finally the football gods have heard our words. Kyle is taking back this franchise! :D

The Dark Side will prevail!

EdReedUnstoppable
09-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Please dear lord and saviour Jesus Christ...please let Kyle start on Sunday so we can win.

Ravens1991
09-14-2007, 01:57 PM
we would win with McNair or Boller probably the Jets arent at a level of New England, Chargers, or Colts

BigDawg819
09-14-2007, 02:01 PM
we would win with McNair or Boller probably the Jets arent at a level of New England, Chargers, or Colts

That right there shows how naive you really are. You have to prepare each and every week for your opponents because when you overlook them you will get beat! The Jets are a playoff caliber team and went last year, not to mention they can beat a New England team like they did last year in NE. Plus they upgraded in the offseason with a Thomas Jones and that kid Clemmens is out to make a name for himself plus has a Coles and Cotchery at WR as weapons.

Ravens1991
09-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Just because I think we are the better team doesnt mean I think we should underestimate them, yea they are good but w/ McNair at QB we can beat them and maybe w/ Boller at QB we could beat them to.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Hopefully Boller starts, I am gonna love our 10-0 loss, enjoy 5 INT's, and 7 Fumbles. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

But somehow I think you guys will make excuses for Kyle Marino. He throws and INT it's Dmase's fault for not jumping high enough, he gets sacked it's cause Heap couldn't get open, he fumbles it's cause Mcgahee couldn't block 3 guys at 1 time, but anyways I'm hoping for a start!!!

Ravens1991
09-15-2007, 09:02 AM
good point Ghetto I could see them making excuses but I think it is natural to think excuses for the players you like and bash the players you dont like

dcarey20
09-15-2007, 12:11 PM
Go Boller!

Geo
09-15-2007, 12:13 PM
The Ravens would win this game with Tony Banks at QB.

trkaline
09-15-2007, 12:31 PM
O how I hate Kyle...The way he fumbles, bumbles, and overall is not..I repeat.. is not the future of this franchise, say what you will about McNair last week. but yes he is my guy for one more season and Kyle is a good backup.... Period

Ravens1991
09-15-2007, 01:35 PM
I agree Geo and Trkaline.

Yes McNair is nothing special but I am not certain Kyle could do better.

If McNair had the same redzone performance that Kyle had the KBC would be bashing him for not pulling out a win and choking when it matters.

bmoreravens5289
09-15-2007, 02:29 PM
I'd rather Kyle Boller start this week so we can keep McNair healthy for the difficult games against the Colts, Chargers, and Patriots...because simply put, we have a better chance of winning with McNair at QB against those teams

Ravens1991
09-15-2007, 11:06 PM
That is a good point, I think we could win with the Kyle Boller playing like his rookie year at QB because I think our defense will make Clemens head explode.

BigDawg819
09-16-2007, 08:29 AM
Hopefully Boller starts, I am gonna love our 10-0 loss, enjoy 5 INT's, and 7 Fumbles. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

But somehow I think you guys will make excuses for Kyle Marino. He throws and INT it's Dmase's fault for not jumping high enough, he gets sacked it's cause Heap couldn't get open, he fumbles it's cause Mcgahee couldn't block 3 guys at 1 time, but anyways I'm hoping for a start!!!

Funny because all this rhetoric basically describes Steve McNair's performance in Cincy..........

Ravens1991
09-16-2007, 09:20 AM
McNair was hurt which led to his high passes and some INTs.

BigDawg819
09-17-2007, 02:26 AM
McNair was hurt which led to his high passes and some INTs.

No the fact that he sucks and his past his prime are better factors.

Regardless, Kyle showed once again why he should be the starting QB and did what McNair couldn't, get the WIN!

trkaline
09-17-2007, 02:41 AM
Yes Boller did finally do his job this week which leads me to believe he finally got that perscription for rittilin. For once I have nothing negative to say about the kid. No I do not want him to start but he did do a great job considerimg no turnovers from him all I will say...

Ravens1991
09-17-2007, 01:54 PM
No the fact that he sucks and his past his prime are better factors.

Regardless, Kyle showed once again why he should be the starting QB and did what McNair couldn't, get the WIN!

McNair faced a better team and if we gave it to Willis on 3rd and 1 when we were up 20-19 instead of passing and having it hit masons hands and then the DE getting a lucky dive to INT the ball the game could have been different.

Ravens1991
09-17-2007, 01:55 PM
Yes Boller did finally do his job this week which leads me to believe he finally got that perscription for rittilin.

lol that was funny he did look better.

BigDawg819
09-17-2007, 01:59 PM
McNair faced a better team and if we gave it to Willis on 3rd and 1 when we were up 20-19 instead of passing and having it hit masons hands and then the DE getting a lucky dive to INT the ball the game could have been different.

A BETTER TEAM?????? The same team that just had Cleveland put up 51 on them!!??? Please, McNair made the Bengals D look like the 86 Giants out there. McNair didn't execute on numerous plays and turned the ball over consistently. Thats not bad play calling, thats bad player performance.

Ravens1991
09-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Yes the Bengals are better then the Jets IMO, things happen. What plays are you talking about when he didnt execute so I know what you are talking about.

BigDawg819
09-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Yes the Bengals are better then the Jets IMO, things happen. What plays are you talking about when he didnt execute so I know what you are talking about.

What plays did McNair didn't execute? Are you kidding me!?!? Any of the fumbles, or the passes that were thrown 3 feet over the receivers heads, do I need to go on?

Ravens1991
09-17-2007, 02:44 PM
o yea those fumbles were messy I will admit. But throwing over their heads could have been because of his hurt groin, he couldnt plant like he usually would because it would hurt his groin and that led to the passes being high.

BigDawg819
09-17-2007, 03:03 PM
o yea those fumbles were messy I will admit. But throwing over their heads could have been because of his hurt groin, he couldnt plant like he usually would because it would hurt his groin and that led to the passes being high.

I'm not accepting that injury garbage. If you're not 100% then you have no business taking the field. Because you're only hindering the team and not helping it.

Ravens1991
09-17-2007, 03:13 PM
good point but McNair has a tuff attitude and he really wanted to play so I guess Billick gave him the go.

bmoreravens5289
09-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Boller played well but when McNair is healthy he will start no question. Can't erase what he did last year leading us to 13 wins.

BigDawg819
09-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Boller played well but when McNair is healthy he will start no question. Can't erase what he did last year leading us to 13 wins.

What exactly did he do last year? We once again rode the defense and had a weaker schedule. McNair wasn't Peyton Manning out there and he never will be. He's on the decline and its becoming more and more apparent that this is likely his last season. Kyle gives us the best option at QB plain and simple. He's more mobile, he makes the offense more vertical and he knows the offense better. Embrace the darkside fellas!

Ravens1991
09-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Boller has rode the defense for his years before McNair, McNair also put up better stats in his 1st year in the system with no running game. Now McNair has a running game, 4 great passing options and more expierence in the system. Plus I liked what I saw with his clutchness against Clevland at Clevland and against San Diego. I am not a fan of a vertical offense I like a strong running game and short to intermediate passes so that is why I am not like "Start Boller because we can run 40 yard bombs every other play"

bmoreravens5289
09-17-2007, 03:56 PM
McNair lead us to 13 wins. And he also stood tough in the pocket unlike Boller and didnt throw costly interceptions. I don't hate Boller, he would be a quality starter, but as long as McNair is on our team he will give us a better chance to win IMO

BigDawg819
09-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Boller has rode the defense for his years before McNair, McNair also put up better stats in his 1st year in the system with no running game. Now McNair has a running game, 4 great passing options and more expierence in the system. Plus I liked what I saw with his clutchness against Clevland at Clevland and against San Diego. I am not a fan of a vertical offense I like a strong running game and short to intermediate passes so that is why I am not like "Start Boller because we can run 40 yard bombs every other play"

Once again let me educate you:

Kyle had to ride his defense because his passing options were Kevin Johnson and Travis Taylor. Why does everyone conveniently forget that?

Of course McNair had better stats in his first year because of his better receiving options and there was a shred of a running game.

As for you not being a fan of the vertical offense, well then you won't like 21st century football because thats the future of the game. A vertical offense will open up holes for the running game, ala the Colts and Patriots. Plus our offensive line is no longer the pound and ground line that can bulldoze defenses and let a bruising back ride them. McGahee isn't that back and Mike Anderson apparently has pissed off the coaches and can't even get active for gameday let alone get a carry. Our offense has to be vertical to have any chance at success and Kyle Boller is the only QB on this team that can make it vertical.

BigDawg819
09-17-2007, 04:07 PM
McNair lead us to 13 wins. And he also stood tough in the pocket unlike Boller and didnt throw costly interceptions. I don't hate Boller, he would be a quality starter, but as long as McNair is on our team he will give us a better chance to win IMO

Kyle has always stood in the pocket and has been pounded for years because of it. As for costly interceptions, I guess you didn't watch McNair last year in Denver, in Cincy, or against the Colts then did you. McNair is once again having health concerns and he's not a better option at QB.

Ravens1991
09-17-2007, 04:25 PM

Kyle had to ride his defense because his passing options were Kevin Johnson and Travis Taylor. Why does everyone conveniently forget that?

Of course McNair had better stats in his first year because of his better receiving options and there was a shred of a running game.

As for you not being a fan of the vertical offense, well then you won't like 21st century football because thats the future of the game. A vertical offense will open up holes for the running game, ala the Colts and Patriots. Plus our offensive line is no longer the pound and ground line that can bulldoze defenses and let a bruising back ride them. McGahee isn't that back and Mike Anderson apparently has pissed off the coaches and can't even get active for gameday let alone get a carry. Our offense has to be vertical to have any chance at success and Kyle Boller is the only QB on this team that can make it vertical.

Boller had Todd Heap and Jamal when he was actually good except for Bollers last year.

McNair running game with Jamal was about equal to Boller with Jamal when Jamal had his worst season.

McNair is the offensive leader no matter how sad it is and how much you dont like it. McGahee gives us the ability to pass it to a RB which McNair likes, we have never really been a vertical team, mainly short to intermediate routes why go to a vertical offense? We can win be being a ball control offense that doesn't go deep every play with short to intermediate routes and dumps and runs to the RB which we have now and McNair can do, we can give our defense and rest. We dont have to have a top 5 offense to win the super bowl just a offense that will put up around 15 points so we can win.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-17-2007, 04:38 PM

How those words taste ghetto? EAT EM!!! KYLE BOLLER!!!

BigDawg819
09-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Boller had Todd Heap and Jamal when he was actually good except for Bollers last year.

McNair running game with Jamal was about equal to Boller with Jamal when Jamal had his worst season.

McNair is the offensive leader no matter how sad it is and how much you dont like it. McGahee gives us the ability to pass it to a RB which McNair likes, we have never really been a vertical team, mainly short to intermediate routes why go to a vertical offense? We can win be being a ball control offense that doesn't go deep every play with short to intermediate routes and dumps and runs to the RB which we have now and McNair can do, we can give our defense and rest. We dont have to have a top 5 offense to win the super bowl just a offense that will put up around 15 points so we can win.

Ok enough of this McNair is the offensive leader nonsense. I don't care what Ray said, the leader of the offense is the guy out there making plays. That said this team needs to be more vertical whether YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. Scoring 15 points a game will not get the job done! That intermediate stuff and check downs will not move the ball effectively and that was proven in Cincy. By constantly going short and checking off, that allows the defense to move into more of a zone coverage and keep the play in front of them thus enabling them to stall drives. Plus the Defensive line can then stay at home and keep their arms up and bat passes down which will also negate drives. This is not hard logic to follow.

This offense needs to strive to put up at minimum 20 points a game and Kyle will give us that chance with his ability to stretch the field and yes throw the deep ball. Plus with him being vertical it will open up holes for Willis and Musa to run the ball effectively and become more of homerun threats. A dink and dunk offense will not win us mainly games and the fact that you prefer that kind of offense is a bit disturbing. Stop living in the past because that smash mouth mentality of this team is gone.

BigDawg819
09-17-2007, 04:59 PM
How those words taste ghetto? EAT EM!!! KYLE BOLLER!!!

Once again Brother we are setting the record straight!

Ravens1991
09-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Ok enough of this McNair is the offensive leader nonsense. I don't care what Ray said, the leader of the offense is the guy out there making plays. That said this team needs to be more vertical whether YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. Scoring 15 points a game will not get the job done! That intermediate stuff and check downs will not move the ball effectively and that was proven in Cincy. By constantly going short and checking off, that allows the defense to move into more of a zone coverage and keep the play in front of them thus enabling them to stall drives. Plus the Defensive line can then stay at home and keep their arms up and bat passes down which will also negate drives. This is not hard logic to follow.

This offense needs to strive to put up at minimum 20 points a game and Kyle will give us that chance with his ability to stretch the field and yes throw the deep ball. Plus with him being vertical it will open up holes for Willis and Musa to run the ball effectively and become more of homerun threats. A dink and dunk offense will not win us mainly games and the fact that you prefer that kind of offense is a bit disturbing. Stop living in the past because that smash mouth mentality of this team is gone.

Yes he is you are just saying that because you dont like McNair, do you honestly think Demetrius Williams and Willis McGahee are the offensive leaders?

It doesnt need to be more vertical just because you want it to, we dont need to throw 75 yard bombs to win. I think we need get some 20 yard deep passes but I dont think it is needed to have 75 yard bombs to win the super bowl. Looking back 15 points will get it done against some teams but not the elite. I think if we do some short to intermediate passes it could tire the defense out with ball control then set up for deep passes to Demetrius, Clayton and Heap.

go_ravens94
09-17-2007, 08:05 PM
I heard McNair is getting the nod on Sunday. I completely disagree with that. We should give Boller 1 more week, because not only was he not BAD, he was better than McNair about hitting his recievers. Sure, McNair got hurt and that may have impacted some of it, but Mr. Kyle Boller was genuinely better! He hit his guys consistently, and it was their fault (or the ref's) that they didn't catch it.

In short, I am now a member of the KBC (temporarily).

Dark SIDE!

BigDawg819
09-17-2007, 08:13 PM
I heard McNair is getting the nod on Sunday. I completely disagree with that. We should give Boller 1 more week, because not only was he not BAD, he was better than McNair about hitting his recievers. Sure, McNair got hurt and that may have impacted some of it, but Mr. Kyle Boller was genuinely better! He hit his guys consistently, and it was their fault (or the ref's) that they didn't catch it.

In short, I am now a member of the KBC (temporarily).

Dark SIDE!

Welcome to the Dark Side! :D But just so you know, its never temporary.

bmoreravens5289
09-17-2007, 08:47 PM

Boller had Mark Clayton and Derrick Mason in his last year as a starter...we gave him weapons and he still failed to produce...hopefully Boller has turned the corner but I can't really wipe those terrible years he had before from my memory...those awful fumble filled, interception filled, sack filled years of Boller shame.....

EdReedUnstoppable
09-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Boller had Mark Clayton and Derrick Mason in his last year as a starter...we gave him weapons and he still failed to produce...hopefully Boller has turned the corner but I can't really wipe those terrible years he had before from my memory...those awful fumble filled, interception filled, sack filled years of Boller shame.....

Boller missed alot of that season with the broken foot from the Colts game.

BigDawg819
09-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Boller missed alot of that season with the broken foot from the Colts game.

Not to mention Mark was a rookie and adjusting to the NFL. As usual no one wants to remember the actual details.

ccB
09-18-2007, 08:25 AM
Finally Kyle Boller had a decent game. But the thing is, he didnt really go deep, it was mostly check downs and swing passes to the RB. So why is there no hate for him not airing out. I mean McNair had atleast 10 games exactly like this one last year but everyone bitches about him not going deep. I only recall him going deep for a completion one time. So why are people not complaining yet? It was such a big deal when McNair did it. I hope Kyle keeps it up because hes the future of our QB's.

BigDawg819
09-18-2007, 08:41 AM
Finally Kyle Boller had a decent game. But the thing is, he didnt really go deep, it was mostly check downs and swing passes to the RB. So why is there no hate for him not airing out. I mean McNair had atleast 10 games exactly like this one last year but everyone bitches about him not going deep. I only recall him going deep for a completion one time. So why are people not complaining yet? It was such a big deal when McNair did it. I hope Kyle keeps it up because hes the future of our QB's.

Actually Kyle went deep a few times but the problem was on those occasions DWill was either double or triple covered. Its no secret that we want to get the ball to him on that fly route down the sideline and the Jets had it well scouted. DWill needs to institute some double moves or sell a fake better to shed the corner but ideally Coach will get more creative in his scheme with a Heap, Mason, and Clayton to try and draw the extra coverages away for Demetrius. If all the receivers ran more precise routes, the deep ball would open up.

Troj2man
09-20-2007, 12:24 AM
Actually Kyle went deep a few times but the problem was on those occasions DWill was either double or triple covered. Its no secret that we want to get the ball to him on that fly route down the sideline and the Jets had it well scouted. DWill needs to institute some double moves or sell a fake better to shed the corner but ideally Coach will get more creative in his scheme with a Heap, Mason, and Clayton to try and draw the extra coverages away for Demetrius. If all the receivers ran more precise routes, the deep ball would open up.

Or if the QB had more accuracy on the deep ball. Like you said Demetrius Williams was double or triple covered on the deep passes. The ball should have never been thrown his way in those cases. He made every attempt to catch those balls in traffic. I find it funny how you're saying our WR's need to run more precise routes and yet fail to mention that Kyle needs to be more accurate on the deep ball.

I'll admit that Kyle had a very good game. He basically looked like Mcnair out there with the check down passes and intermediate passes. That's what our offense is. He looked poised in the pocket and looked around at his options instead of staying focused on one guy. You can see what's he learned from Mcnair when it comes to pocket awarness and making reads. One thing that really stood out were the passes that were thrown out of bounds. Kyle Boller has never been one to throw the ball away. An example would be the Denver game in Denver a few years back. Now he's willing to throw it away instead of forcing the ball. That's a sign that he's more comfortable out there.

It should make us all feel very good that we have a backup who is capable of getting the start if Mcnair can't go. Of course though I would like to see Kyle put up a similar performance on the road. He's been pretty below average on the road in his career. Mcnair will be back this week and we'll see what he has. Hopefully it's better than what we saw against the Bengals.

ccB
09-23-2007, 03:26 PM
I am so happy we brought Kyle Boller into this game. He came in and won it for us for sure. I mean McNair only had us up by 2 TD's psh.

Ravens1991
09-23-2007, 05:01 PM
The way Boller played made me think he is the future, but he isnt the QB for this season.

Troj2man
09-23-2007, 11:51 PM
Again Kyle looked good after coming in cold off the bench. His first 2 series you could tell that he wasn't warmed up yet. The drive that he led for the game winning FG was a thing of beauty. He was throwing darts out there. He completed every attempted pass during that drive. We all should be feeling very good the 2 capable QB's we have on this team.

Also I want to add that I think Boller should get the start in Cleveland. Obviously Mcnair is not fully healthy. We need to sit him and let him get healthy. We can't have him being taken out of the game after 2 quarters every week.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm still not 100% convinced that Kyle is the absolute answer. However, he has shown huge improvement so far this season compared to other seasons. Hopefully he finally had the light go on though.

BigDawg819
09-25-2007, 01:40 PM
I am so happy we brought Kyle Boller into this game. He came in and won it for us for sure. I mean McNair only had us up by 2 TD's psh.

No Yamon Figurs and Matt Stover gave us a cushion but the defense once again took the 4th quarter off.

Bottomline is that McNair is hurt and it is more then likely the reason for his piss poor play, so Kyle is the answer right now for this team. The KBC is growing by the day.....

ccB
09-25-2007, 01:54 PM
No Yamon Figurs and Matt Stover gave us a cushion but the defense once again took the 4th quarter off.

Bottomline is that McNair is hurt and it is more then likely the reason for his piss poor play, so Kyle is the answer right now for this team. The KBC is growing by the day.....

Wait, where was this piss poor play? Im confused. Since when is 20-27 200 yards and a td piss poor?

Ravens1991
09-25-2007, 01:57 PM
yea he had a very good game there is no way you can call that piss poor play. His injury made him play against Bengals piss poor but he did good on sunday not 100%.

BigDawg819
09-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Wait, where was this piss poor play? Im confused. Since when is 20-27 200 yards and a td piss poor?

I'm calling his overall performance for the year piss poor not only this past Sunday. Against Arizona he was still high on passes, fumbling over his own feet, turning the ball over, etc.. His 20-27 200 yard performance is once again an example of stats being deceiving.

ccB
09-25-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm calling his overall performance for the year piss poor not only this past Sunday. Against Arizona he was still high on passes, fumbling over his own feet, turning the ball over, etc.. His 20-27 200 yard performance is once again an example of stats being deceiving.

It is clear that you would hate McNair regardless what he does. He was in the game, we were moving the ball on offense and most importantly winning. With every post you make you continue to look even more bias than before. Its pitiful almost how you cannot even give the man credit. He fumbled like what, one time last game? Your a Kyle Boller fan and you hav ea problem with a QB fumbling LMAO I didnt think that was possible.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-25-2007, 02:51 PM

Stop it just stop it, Kyle Boller is not Dan Marino, stop treating him like he is, stop trying to come up with BS dumb skeet to bash on McNair.

BigDawg819
09-25-2007, 02:57 PM
What is with all you? McNair is hurt! Its obviously effecting his performance on the field and he wasn't on the field when the game was on the line. That speaks volumes whether you believe it or not. And Ghetto no one said Kyle was Dan Marino, I said he's the best option for this team right now. The proof is based on the game tape of this year!

ccB
09-25-2007, 03:07 PM
What is with all you? McNair is hurt! Its obviously effecting his performance on the field and he wasn't on the field when the game was on the line. That speaks volumes whether you believe it or not. And Ghetto no one said Kyle was Dan Marino, I said he's the best option for this team right now. The proof is based on the game tape of this year!

You are being foolish and misinformed. McNair was fine to start the game, he played great even (minus one fumble). He was connecting his passes, even running for first downs. When he was taken out it was because he started to feel stiffness in his groin, he didnt HAVE to be taken out, it was just the smart thing to do because we were up by 14 so why risk his health any further for the 3rd game of the season when Boller could come in to close the game out. If he was as injured as you think he is, than why on earth would we have started him? You lose any credibility you had on this site with each and every post.

BigDawg819
09-25-2007, 03:12 PM
You are being foolish and misinformed. McNair was fine to start the game, he played great even (minus one fumble). He was connecting his passes, even running for first downs. When he was taken out it was because he started to feel stiffness in his groin, he didnt HAVE to be taken out, it was just the smart thing to do because we were up by 14 so why risk his health any further for the 3rd game of the season when Boller could come in to close the game out. If he was as injured as you think he is, than why on earth would we have started him? You lose any credibility you had on this site with each and every post.

Right I lose credibility when I speak the truth. McNair has been bothered by his injured groin this year and missed a start due to it and was pulled from the last game so as not to injure himself any further. The game was on the line and he wasn't out there and that speaks volumes. Get over your own arrogance and wake up.

ccB
09-25-2007, 03:17 PM
Right I lose credibility when I speak the truth. McNair has been bothered by his injured groin this year and missed a start due to it and was pulled from the last game so as not to injure himself any further. The game was on the line and he wasn't out there and that speaks volumes. Get over your own arrogance and wake up.

Do you not read the paper? Do you not watch the news? McNair was not benched because he couldn't continue Billick gave him a rest. It was the 4th quarter we were up by 17, McNair has been beat up this year so with teh game seemingly wrapped up we brought Kyle in. Not because he needed to, because he was comfortable with the lead and didn't want to risk anything with McNair. Its times like these I wish personally attacking someone wasn't a rule.

Ravens1991
09-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Hey BigDawg, McNair looked preety damn good on sunday, and you complain about how his performance was worse because he just wasnt 100%. Well imagine how good he will be when his groin gets better.

BigDawg819
09-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Do you not read the paper? Do you not watch the news? McNair was not benched because he couldn't continue Billick gave him a rest. It was the 4th quarter we were up by 17, McNair has been beat up this year so with teh game seemingly wrapped up we brought Kyle in. Not because he needed to, because he was comfortable with the lead and didn't want to risk anything with McNair. Its times like these I wish personally attacking someone wasn't a rule.

Boller relieved an ailing Steve McNair, who sat after three quarters to rest an injured groin, and went a perfect 5-of-5 for 32 yards on the final scoring march. When he was in the game, McNair orchestrated a solid performance, finishing 20-of-27 for 198 yards and one touchdown, good for a 106.7 passer rating.

But, head coach Brian Billick was concerned that McNair could re-aggravate an injury that kept him out of the Ravens’ Week 2 matchup with the New York Jets.

“I could tell [McNair] was favoring a little bit, like last week,” said Billick. “Rather than push it over the edge, and not turn it into a two- or three-week [thing, we made the change].”

All from the Ravens official website. I eagerly await your apology.

ccB
09-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Hey BigDawg, McNair looked preety damn good on sunday, and you complain about how his performance was worse because he just wasnt 100%. Well imagine how good he will be when his groin gets better.

He is just nit picking trying to find a reason to hate on him. I think when McNair moved to Baltimore he stole BigDawgs girlfriend.

ccB
09-25-2007, 03:23 PM
Boller relieved an ailing Steve McNair, who sat after three quarters to rest an injured groin, and went a perfect 5-of-5 for 32 yards on the final scoring march. When he was in the game, McNair orchestrated a solid performance, finishing 20-of-27 for 198 yards and one touchdown, good for a 106.7 passer rating.

But, head coach Brian Billick was concerned that McNair could re-aggravate an injury that kept him out of the Ravens’ Week 2 matchup with the New York Jets.

“I could tell [McNair] was favoring a little bit, like last week,” said Billick. “Rather than push it over the edge, and not turn it into a two- or three-week [thing, we made the change].”

All from the Ravens official website. I eagerly await your apology.
For the record, McNair said that he felt fine, that he could have finished the game, that he's good to go next week, but that he agreed with his coach's choice: "We were trying to be smart with it today." He and Billick had talked about it in the third quarter: "I didn't want to put myself in harm's way, especially since we felt we were in control of the game."

Good enough, except that's not exactly how Billick remembered it.

"I could tell he was favoring it [his injured groin] a little bit," he said, adding that he saw something when McNair came away from center.

(True, the third was not one of McNair's better quarters, and the Ravens got a break when replay upheld a ruling that his arm had been moving forward when he'd been hit and lost the ball, negating what would have been his second fumble of the quarter.)

Billick said he didn't want to "push it over the edge and turn it into a two- or three-week thing" and was worried about "fatiguing" McNair and setting him up to get hurt.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The same article also addresses it as a "Preseason" type move. QB is not 100%( but still playing good) so with teh game in hand he is able to goto the bench and prepare for next week. You aint getting no apology from me.

Ravens1991
09-25-2007, 03:23 PM
He started McNair because he is better, we were beating Arizona by a decent amount and you dont want your starting QB injured when he is already injured and he doesnt need to play. That is what Billick did IMO.

ccB
09-25-2007, 03:28 PM
He started McNair because he is better, we were beating Arizona by a decent amount and you dont want your starting QB injured when he is already injured and he doesnt need to play. That is what Billick did IMO.

EXACTLY!!! I dont understand how it makes so much sense to most of us yet some of us fail to get what was going on.

trkaline
09-25-2007, 03:29 PM
Thats exactly why he did it. McNair managed the game great when he was in and it seemed like the life was sucked out of the team when Boller came in, the defense didn't play well near the end Kyle did what a backup qb does. No way he should start McNair will be healthy, this KBC shiz is getting more nonsensical as the season goes on and I can't believe it's still goin on...

Ravens1991
09-25-2007, 03:31 PM
And just with basically every other player if you can jog you want to be playing on Sunday so of course McNair is going to claim he was fine whether he was fine or not.

ccB
09-25-2007, 03:32 PM
And just with basically every other player if you can jog you want to be playing on Sunday so of course McNair is going to claim he was fine whether he was fine or not.

It is clear hes not 100% but its not like his play is having a negative effect on our team. We were clearly better with him in there Sunday. A smart move sitting him to be cautious almost turned into a stupid move when we almost gave up the game.

trkaline
I've got one question...BigDawg...are you by any chance Kyle Boller? That must be it......

BigDawg819
I'm sorry that you guys keep contradicting yourselves and can't stop. First you contend McNair's fine, then he's hurt but we were ahead, then its he was ok enough to come back into the game but the coach didn't let him. How about you 2 come to a final decision on your thoughts and then try to argue effectively. Bottomline if McNair was healthy then none of this controversy would be here, but he's not and Kyle Boller is winning more and more support every time he gets into the game.

trkaline
09-25-2007, 03:34 PM
Yup he gotta be Kyle Boller.....Caughtcha....You just wanna be the starter tell Billick maybe he will understand....

Ravens1991
09-25-2007, 03:37 PM
well you dont understand what we are trying to say.

McNair wasnt 100%

McNair was good enough to start so we started him

McNair had a very good game

McNair and the team were up by a decent amount going into the 4th

Billick didn't want McNair to hurt his groin again so he put Boller in thinking we had the game in the bag. There is no reason at all to risk a injured QB when we have a decent lead.

ccB
09-25-2007, 03:40 PM
I'm sorry that you guys keep contradicting yourselves and can't stop. First you contend McNair's fine, then he's hurt but we were ahead, then its he was ok enough to come back into the game but the coach didn't let him. How about you 2 come to a final decision on your thoughts and then try to argue effectively. Bottomline if McNair was healthy then none of this controversy would be here, but he's not and Kyle Boller is winning more and more support every time he gets into the game.

He's not 100% true. But hes not seriously injured to where he cant play or shouldnt be playing. Its football, not ballet, you're never 100%. 99% of the players in the league are banged up and thats what McNair is, banged up. Meaning he can play but if a game is in garbage time (so we thought) why risk him doing serious damage to himself when hes not needed any more. I think us starting him in the first place should show you how much support Kyle Boller has.

BigDawg819
09-25-2007, 03:45 PM
well you dont understand what we are trying to say.

McNair wasnt 100%

McNair was good enough to start so we started him

McNair had a very good game

McNair and the team were up by a decent amount going into the 4th

Billick didn't want McNair to hurt his groin again so he put Boller in thinking we had the game in the bag. There is no reason at all to risk a injured QB when we have a decent lead.

I'm basing this argument on sitting McNair on the fact that he's injured and you all are agreeing with me. Wow.............just wow...........

Not to mention every post you guys make in contrary of mine you all fail to respond to the fact that with the game on the line, Kyle was in the shotgun marching us down the field not McNair. Oh well keep on thinking Steve is the better option right now, Kyle has lead us to 2 victories and as long as he keeps coming in we'll continue to win.

Ravens1991
09-25-2007, 03:52 PM
OK now you are acting as if McNair sucked and Boller comes in out of no were and leads us to victory. McNair led us up by 17 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! McNair was also 20-27 a % of 74% and a TD. The defense blew it so Boller had to pass. We also only ran it 10 times out of our 22 plays in the 4th when we really should have just ran the clock down.

Hey BigDawg I have a question, I know you are a Billick fan so here it is...

Why doesn't Billick put Boller in full-time over McNair?

ccB
09-25-2007, 03:54 PM
I'm basing this argument on sitting McNair on the fact that he's injured and you all are agreeing with me. Wow.............just wow...........

Not to mention every post you guys make in contrary of mine you all fail to respond to the fact that with the game on the line, Kyle was in the shotgun marching us down the field not McNair. Oh well keep on thinking Steve is the better option right now, Kyle has lead us to 2 victories and as long as he keeps coming in we'll continue to win.

LMAO he lead us to a victory when we already had the game wrapped up. He came in and did what? Had 2 three and outs that lead the Cardinals to 2 scores right off the bat. So it was partially his fault the game got close any way. Im glad he came in and saved the game we almost lost partially due to him. No one was arguing that McNair wasn't injured. He came into the game probable meaning theres an injury. We are saying he wasnt benched because the injury was effecting his play and he wasnt benched because he got injured more. He got benched to preserve him for next weeks and the weeks that follow. I do not see what your not getting here.

Ravens1991
09-25-2007, 04:00 PM
BigDawg got banned or suspended again were did he get that infraction?

trkaline
09-25-2007, 05:28 PM
Where are the rest of the ''KBC'' anyway in all this? I thought to have a Coalition you needed more then one person?

Ravens1991
09-25-2007, 07:28 PM
I know ERU is on it, and Dcarey said he is on it as well after the cinncy game, I dont know if he is still on it or what.

Troj2man
09-25-2007, 09:21 PM
I wouldn't say it was partialy Boller's fault that the game got so close. You can blame that on our all-world defense. For some reason they seem to back off other teams in the 4th quarter. It should have never gotten to the point it did.

MOD EDIT: My bad dude, I thought I quoted you and I hit edit by accident and deleted half your post. + rep for my mistake.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-25-2007, 09:53 PM

I guess we aren't allowed to disagree with mods anymore.

ccB
09-26-2007, 08:08 AM
I guess we aren't allowed to disagree with mods anymore.
And you would be ignorant to think that. Big Dawg got suspended because he has a high amount of infraction points and was caught trolling the thread he got suspended in for in the first place. I disagree with someone on NFLDC everyday and they are all suspended right? No. Not that I have to explain myself or my actions to you anyway. I consulted with another moderator and an admin about the infraction and neither disagreed with my judgment.

12. Do not question the authority/decisions of mods.

a) If we locked your thread and you want to know why, PM a Mod.
b) If you don't like how a rule is enforced, PM an Admin.
c) If you don't like the answer you get from them, PM or e-mail Scott. Every single one of these rules is either created to protect him, or to keep his site profitable. It's his site. If you disagree with something, he is the end-all, be-all authority.

Live it, Learn it, Love it.

ccB
09-26-2007, 08:19 AM
I wouldn't say it was partialy Boller's fault that the game got so close. You can blame that on our all-world defense. For some reason they seem to back off other teams in the 4th quarter. It should have never gotten to the point it did.

I would definitely say it was atleast partially his fault. Just like it was partially(a larger part) McNairs fault when we lost to Cinci. There was a lot of factors that contributed to it but at least part of the reason was because the offense couldn't string a drive together with Kyle at the helm. This may have been partially due to him being cold and coming in after sitting on the bench for 3 quarters but whatever it was They didn't seem to have a problem moving the ball when McNair was in the game. I think our defense got tired from being on the field a long time, and we were beat up to begin with. The major reason I think we almost loss the game was Samari Rolle being out, he would have been the DB covering Boldin, who along with Warner essentially picked our defense apart. Also the loss of Pryce is showing big time as well.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-26-2007, 11:27 PM
And you would be ignorant to think that. Big Dawg got suspended because he has a high amount of infraction points and was caught trolling the thread he got suspended in for in the first place. I disagree with someone on NFLDC everyday and they are all suspended right? No. Not that I have to explain myself or my actions to you anyway. I consulted with another moderator and an admin about the infraction and neither disagreed with my judgment.

12. Do not question the authority/decisions of mods.

a) If we locked your thread and you want to know why, PM a Mod.
b) If you don't like how a rule is enforced, PM an Admin.
c) If you don't like the answer you get from them, PM or e-mail Scott. Every single one of these rules is either created to protect him, or to keep his site profitable. It's his site. If you disagree with something, he is the end-all, be-all authority.

Live it, Learn it, Love it.

Nah ill be aight, i do what i please.

ccB
09-27-2007, 07:36 AM
Nah ill be aight, i do what i please.

And thats up to your judgment. If I went after everyone I disagree with why have I never went after you? I disagree with you just as much if not more than Big Dawg. Also I have been disagreeing with Big Dawg for about 8 months now and haven't given him one infraction until yesterday (to the best of my recollection) So if him disagreeing with me had anything to do with his infraction he would have many many many more from me.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-27-2007, 08:43 AM
And thats up to your judgment. If I went after everyone I disagree with why have I never went after you? I disagree with you just as much if not more than Big Dawg. Also I have been disagreeing with Big Dawg for about 8 months now and haven't given him one infraction until yesterday (to the best of my recollection) So if him disagreeing with me had anything to do with his infraction he would have many many many more from me.

You find me charming and irresistable like everyone else does?

Ravens1991
09-27-2007, 02:03 PM
did BigDawg get suspended again or is he gone for life?

ccB
09-27-2007, 03:10 PM
did BigDawg get suspended again or is he gone for life?

I think its just another 7 day.

BigDawg819
10-02-2007, 04:00 PM

In another thread that was In My Opinion a questionable infraction but that will happen with judgment calls. Any way whats done is done and the past is the past. I'm back and I'm still here calling for the benching of McNair. If nothing else maybe a QB change would provide a spark to this team which it desperately needs.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-03-2007, 03:03 AM
It would provide a spark and it would put the better QB on the field!!!

Ravens1991
10-03-2007, 02:20 PM
McNair better then Boller when McNair is healthy IMO.

BigDawg819
10-03-2007, 02:59 PM
McNair better then Boller when McNair is healthy IMO.

Right now its not even about who is or not better, its about shaking things up and regrouping to try and salvage our season. Scoring 17 or so points isn't going to cut it anymore and right now we can't score in the red zone. Maybe if Kyle were playing the play calls would be different and hence for our production would improve. Something needs to be done because based on what I'm seeing after 4 games, this type of play isn't getting us to the Playoffs.

Ravens1991
10-03-2007, 03:09 PM
the thing is when Boller was in against the Jets he didnt come in and go real vertical like some people predicted, I am not sure if Boller is in the play calling will change.

BigDawg819
10-03-2007, 03:14 PM
the thing is when Boller was in against the Jets he didnt come in and go real vertical like some people predicted, I am not sure if Boller is in the play calling will change.

Kyle took some chances downfield, but DWill was either double or triple covered. Most important in that Jets game was that he had 2 TD scoring drives in the red zone and thats where McNair had huge problems in the Browns game.

Ravens1991
10-03-2007, 04:00 PM
It isnt the best idea to throw into double and triple coverage deep.

BigDawg819
10-03-2007, 04:02 PM
It isnt the best idea to throw into double and triple coverage deep.

When he's running a sideline route and the QB throws it out of bounds it doesn't really kill you.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-18-2007, 11:11 PM
Well since 1/2 of the founding members of the KBC was banned for no aparent reason, I guess its up to me to keep the Coalition going!!!

2-0 BABY!!!!

Ravens1991
10-19-2007, 06:57 AM
you do realize he wasnt banned because of a argument about Boller, he got the infraction because he was trolling in WFFL and the time before he got suspended was because trolling in the other football league.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-19-2007, 08:56 PM
you do realize he wasnt banned because of a argument about Boller, he got the infraction because he was trolling in WFFL and the time before he got suspended was because trolling in the other football league.

I am aware of the "reason" he was banned.