PDA

View Full Version : Demetrius Jones transferring from ND

BUSTKUNTLAWL
09-14-2007, 03:02 PM
That's the word.

He didn't really get a chance hopefully he does somewhere else.

moc182
09-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Northern Illinois is the word on the street.

RyanLeaf#1
09-14-2007, 03:31 PM
I dont blame the kid

princefielder28
09-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Good choice......it's Jimmy's team

CARDIAC CAT 7
09-14-2007, 03:44 PM
He didnt look comfortable in that short amount of time he spent playing. He needs a team that opens the field more, smart choice. Wasnt he one of Ty's recruits, not Weis's.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
09-14-2007, 04:22 PM
No he was a Fat Charlie recruit.

Demetrius wanted to go to Illinois with his teammate Chris James who was also a 4* player at the time. He fell in love with Illinois and wanted to commit, but his father told him to research the schools more & take his time.

Juice Williams at the time who is a good friend of both Chris James & Demetrius pulled the trigger and decided to go to Illinois. Demetrius was torn, because he loved Illinois, but wasn't going to compete against his friend. That's when he decided to go to ND.

ND wasn't his first choice - although delusional Domer fans will deny this.

I saw this coming as soon as Jimmy Clausen committed last year.

RyanLeaf#1
09-14-2007, 04:47 PM
No he was a Fat Charlie recruit.

Demetrius wanted to go to Illinois with his teammate Chris James who was also a 4* player at the time. He fell in love with Illinois and wanted to commit, but his father told him to research the schools more & take his time.

Juice Williams at the time who is a good friend of both Chris James & Demetrius pulled the trigger and decided to go to Illinois. Demetrius was torn, because he loved Illinois, but wasn't going to compete against his friend. That's when he decided to go to ND.

ND wasn't his first choice - although delusional Domer fans will deny this.

I saw this coming as soon as Jimmy Clausen committed last year.

He made his own decision now he has to live with it. If your trying to say Demetrius is anything close to Juice Williams your crazy.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
09-14-2007, 05:28 PM
He made his own decision now he has to live with it. If your trying to say Demetrius is anything close to Juice Williams your crazy.

If you're trying to say there's any way of knowing that, you're the crazy one. Juice has been pretty much overrated to this point, and Demetrius hasn't had a real chance to do anything.

RyanLeaf#1
09-14-2007, 05:32 PM
If you're trying to say there's any way of knowing that, you're the crazy one. Juice has been pretty much overrated to this point, and Demetrius hasn't had a real chance to do anything.

Demetrius is garbage. The only reason he even started the first game is because Clausen was just coming off surgery and he needed more time. I wish him the best of luck at whatever school he goes to.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
09-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Demetrius is garbage. The only reason he even started the first game is because Clausen was just coming off surgery and he needed more time. I wish him the best of luck at whatever school he goes to.

Why is he garbage? Rivals had him ranked as the #2 dual threat QB, behind only Tebow and ahead of Jevan Snead and Jake Locker. What exactly has he done to make you believe he's garbage? I'm dying to know.

Edit - by the way, here's the Illinois top 30 from 2006: http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1363. Enjoy.

RyanLeaf#1
09-14-2007, 05:40 PM
Why is he garbage? Rivals had him ranked as the #2 dual threat QB, behind only Tebow and ahead of Jevan Snead and Jake Locker. What exactly has he done to make you believe he's garbage? I'm dying to know.

Edit - by the way, here's the Illinois top 30 from 2006: http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1363. Enjoy.

Just asking how much of the Notre Dame Georgia Tech game did you watch?

iowatreat54
09-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Just asking how much of the Notre Dame Georgia Tech game did you watch?

just how much of Juice's first game did you watch? I didn't see Demetrius' first start, but I watched Juice's first and it was hilarious...

but then again how someone does in the first start of their career is a great indicator of how good of a player they are

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
09-14-2007, 05:50 PM
just how much of Juice's first game did you watch? I didn't see Demetrius' first start, but I watched Juice's first and it was hilarious...

but then again how someone does in the first start of their career is a great indicator of how good of a player they are

B-I-N-G-O, and Bingo was his name-oh!

RyanLeaf#1
09-14-2007, 05:59 PM
B-I-N-G-O, and Bingo was his name-oh!

You might say Bingo but that was exactly what I was looking for. So who would you rather have Juice Williams Demetrius Jones, or Jimmy Clausen starting. BINGO

iowatreat54
09-14-2007, 06:02 PM
You might say Bingo but that was exactly what I was looking for. So who would you rather have Juice Williams Demetrius Jones, or Jimmy Clausen starting. BINGO

Peyton Manning...umm seriously, I would just line up 2 HBs in the backfield, I hate Juice and Jesus, I mean Jimmy

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
09-14-2007, 06:14 PM

Probably Clausen. They're all unproven, what's your point? I'm still waiting for you to tell me how in the hell Demetrius is garbage. Oh wait, you can't.

Here are the numbers on Juice to this point:
Completion percentage: 41%
Yards per passing attempt: 5.7
Yards per rushing attempt: 3.6
Pass TD/Int: 9/10

Now obviously stats don't tell the whole story, but those are pretty doggone awful. Juice has shown flashes, and I know he'll get better, but he's been nothing but overrated to this point. In fact, UNLIKE Demetrius Jones, a case could actually be made for Juice being "garbage."

SuperKevin
09-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Wow, Jimmy Clausen has now forced 2 QBs out of South Bend

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-14-2007, 07:18 PM
Demetrius Jones was awful.He didnt show any sign of being a QB more like a WR playing QB.Sharpley and Clausen both played 100 times better than Jones.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Weis didn't trust him. It's just like when you have an OC, but don't let him call the plays, they leave.

RyanLeaf#1
09-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Probably Clausen. They're all unproven, what's your point? I'm still waiting for you to tell me how in the hell Demetrius is garbage. Oh wait, you can't.

Here are the numbers on Juice to this point:
Completion percentage: 41%
Yards per passing attempt: 5.7
Yards per rushing attempt: 3.6
Pass TD/Int: 9/10

Now obviously stats don't tell the whole story, but those are pretty doggone awful. Juice has shown flashes, and I know he'll get better, but he's been nothing but overrated to this point. In fact, UNLIKE Demetrius Jones, a case could actually be made for Juice being "garbage."

Demetrius = wide receiver

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
09-14-2007, 11:26 PM
Rumor has it people have already seen Demetrius Jones on campus at Northern Illinois.

NittanyLion2k7
09-15-2007, 12:00 AM
Everyone could have seen this coming. In fact I guessed that both Frazer and Jones would eventually leave after Clausen committed. Oh yeah, Dayne Crist will probably never step onto the campus at ND. I don't care how good he is or thinks he is, but he's probably not better than Jimmy Clausen. Expect him to start looking elsewhere...

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-15-2007, 12:01 AM
If Dayne were to redshirt hed still be able to start for two years.

SuperKevin
09-15-2007, 12:16 AM
Rather than transfer Jones should have pulled an Arnaz Battle and moved to WR in order to help the team becausehe's more likely to attract pro attention as a WR at Notre Dame than he will as a QB at Northern Illinois

moc182
09-15-2007, 01:12 AM
ND fans, don't talk **** about D Jones. he got a quarter to prove himself. Yes, he's probably not as good as Clausen but he deserves more than a quarter to show that, good luck at N Illisnois, all the best to him.

RyanLeaf#1
09-15-2007, 01:43 AM
Everyone could have seen this coming. In fact I guessed that both Frazer and Jones would eventually leave after Clausen committed. Oh yeah, Dayne Crist will probably never step onto the campus at ND. I don't care how good he is or thinks he is, but he's probably not better than Jimmy Clausen. Expect him to start looking elsewhere...

Sure Dayne Crist will play. As soon as Clausen leaves.

NittanyLion2k7
09-15-2007, 02:07 AM
Of course it's unfair he only got a quarter to show his stuff. But I mean, come on. We ALL knew that it was Jimmy's show as soon as he stepped on campus. If anything he shouldn't have been so naive to believe he ever truly had a chance at taking the spot away from Clausen.

However I will say this :

-It's not entirely his fault, since he did commit the year before Clausen did. He had no way of knowing the second coming of He-Zeus was going to be stepping onto campus right after him.
-As soon as Clausen committed, he should have just left. Everyone else outside of him and Frazer knew right away that they had no shot.
-He's just not that good. I watched that game and he played terribly. It's not even so much about whether Clausen has better mechanics, or an arm or accuracy or anything physical. I can't say any of those things cause he only made 3 passes. But I can say this :the guy doesn't have the intangibles to play QB. He paniced everytime someone got in his face, he had no pocket presence and showed no poise in the pocket. Jimmy Clausen is a much better QB than Demetrius Jones as far as intangibles is concerned, and no one can argue otherwise.

Good luck Demetrius Jones. Although WR isn't out of the question since the ND Depth chart is relatively weak.

CherryGarcia510
09-15-2007, 11:11 AM
its official

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3021106

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-15-2007, 01:32 PM
so much for switching to WR.

09-15-2007, 02:32 PM
no surprise. demetrius jones didnt travel with the team to michigan.

P-L
09-15-2007, 02:33 PM
no surprise. demetrius jones didnt travel with the team to michigan.
Because he enrolled at NIU last night...

09-15-2007, 02:34 PM
yea its official according to sources hes enrolled at northern illinois and intends to play there next season

Bem1
09-15-2007, 05:45 PM
if you are going to leave man up and tell someone. He just bounced in the middle of the night and didnt tell anyone wtf is that about

NittanyLion2k7
09-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Today we salute the former Blue Chip star. You had been forced to transfer from your high profile university due to your talent (lack of) or poor behavior. Today's inductee ... Demetrius Jones! You will join the likes of Rhett Bomar, Fred Rouse and Willie Williams to transfer and become anoynimity, most likely never to be heard from again. Good bye Demetrius Jones.

BrownsTown
09-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Today we salute the former Blue Chip star. You had been forced to transfer from your high profile university due to your talent (lack of) or poor behavior. Today's inductee ... Demetrius Jones! You will join the likes of Rhett Bomar, Fred Rouse and Willie Williams to transfer and become anoynimity, most likely never to be heard from again. Good bye Demetrius Jones.

He's transferring to a high profile MAC school. We'll hear from him again.

NittanyLion2k7
09-15-2007, 06:59 PM
When was the last time you heard from any of the other 3 on that list? And those guys were ranked higher than Jones...

BrownsTown
09-15-2007, 07:00 PM
When was the last time you heard from any of the other 3 on that list? And those guys were ranked higher than Jones...

Isn't Bomar sitting out this year? I thought he started next year, most people still know him.

Northern Illinois is pretty good. He'll get on TV a few times, get noticed, it's not like he's going do vision I-AA or something.

Scotty D
09-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Isn't Bomar sitting out this year? I thought he started next year, most people still know him.

Northern Illinois is pretty good. He'll get on TV a few times, get noticed, it's not like he's going do vision I-AA or something.

I'm swore Bomar went DII meaning he can play this year.

Smokey Joe
09-15-2007, 07:07 PM
he's a ***** anyway. We beat his ass in the playoffs 3 years ago.

Scotty D
09-15-2007, 07:08 PM
So I looked him up.

He's passing at 66% with 4 TDs and 1 INT in two wins.

P-L
09-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Willie Williams is playing at Louisville, a high profile Big East school. Haven't heard too much from him, have you?

NittanyLion2k7
09-15-2007, 07:27 PM
He's not even starting. When he starts making some noise let me know. Rouse at UTEP which isn't s mall bones either, but guess what... he ain't exactly in the headlines is he?

Thanks. Rep me!

mqtirishfan
09-15-2007, 07:57 PM

So you're using a guy at a 1-AA school, and two guys who have played 3 games at most with their new teams as a base for your point?

I don't know how Demetrius will turn out. He had a lot of talent, but that doesn't always translate. I'll give him a total mulligan for his time at ND, though. The O-line might be the worst in D-1 football.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
09-15-2007, 08:06 PM
he's a ***** anyway. We beat his ass in the playoffs 3 years ago.

I'm sure you're a better player than him.

Are you talking about his senior year where he was banged up all year & couldn't even lift his arms, but still played anyway? He didn't even play QB in the playoffs he moved to WR & Chris James played QB. He sure sounds like a *****. LOL. GTFO.

And lol @ the domer fans bashing this kid. Grow up. He's doing whats best for himself. And score a freaking TD for christ sakes.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
09-15-2007, 10:28 PM
He may be able to help Northern Illinois next year.

This year however for NIU is a wreck. 0-3 with losses to Iowa, Southern Illinois, and Eastern Michigan!

I hope to god they beat Idaho next week.

Scotty D
09-15-2007, 10:30 PM
He may be able to help Northern Illinois next year.

This year however for NIU is a wreck. 0-3 with losses to Iowa, Southern Illinois, and Eastern Michigan!

I hope to god they beat Idaho next week.

Just the whole "I hope to god they beat Idaho" was funny to me.

Sniper
09-17-2007, 08:30 AM
He's not even starting. When he starts making some noise let me know. Rouse at UTEP which isn't s mall bones either, but guess what... he ain't exactly in the headlines is he?

Thanks. Rep me!

Asking for +rep is essentially begging for -rep.

NittanyLion2k7
09-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Asking for +rep is essentially begging for -rep.

Get over yourself.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
09-17-2007, 02:06 PM
"I said after the game I wanted to come back stronger. Those are the words that came out of my mouth, and you can check it. But when I heard Jimmy was the No. 1 all the way through spring and that the only thing that was keeping him out of the lineup was his surgery, well that's not what I was led to believe going into the summer. I thought I was getting a chance because coach Weis believed in me. Then I didn't know what to believe anymore.

Nice one Charlie..

soybean
09-17-2007, 02:51 PM
how is armando allen not replaced yet? whose his backup?

Sniper
09-17-2007, 07:16 PM
how is armando allen not replaced yet? whose his backup?

James Aldridge? Weren't they supposed to be the next Thunder and Lightning combo according to ND fans?

mqtirishfan
09-17-2007, 07:54 PM
"I said after the game I wanted to come back stronger. Those are the words that came out of my mouth, and you can check it. But when I heard Jimmy was the No. 1 all the way through spring and that the only thing that was keeping him out of the lineup was his surgery, well that's not what I was led to believe going into the summer. I thought I was getting a chance because coach Weis believed in me. Then I didn't know what to believe anymore.

Nice one Charlie..

Face it, it's Jimmy Clausen's team right now. Anyone who thought it would be different is fooling themselves.

As for the ND skill positions, they're all insanely young, and it's hard to do a thing when your O-line is as bad as ND's. I like ND's backs.

soybean
09-17-2007, 07:55 PM
James Aldridge? Weren't they supposed to be the next Thunder and Lightning combo according to ND fans?

how the hell can allen have negative yards? he runs a 4.3.

Sniper
09-17-2007, 08:14 PM

If you don't have vision, it doesn't matter. Ask Chris Henry

Green Bay Scat
09-17-2007, 08:21 PM
If you don't have vision, it doesn't matter. Ask Chris Henry

give it time, lets see what he can do in the NFL

Sniper
09-17-2007, 08:41 PM
give it time, lets see what he can do in the NFL

If he can only average 3.3 ypc in the Pac-10, I don't like his odds in the NFL.

NDfootball
09-17-2007, 09:36 PM
I thought Jones would be a solid QB for the Irish, but it just didn't work out. From what I heard he ran into some trouble with some unnamed controlled substance last year, but he obviously got back into Weis' good graces to start the first game, but Jimmy is the guy and I guess Jones couldn't handle that. Best of luck to him at N. Illinois.

Hopefully Weis also learns that this isn't just a business, losing two quarterbacks to transfer in a matter of months is just unacceptable, should have just signed Mustain instead.

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-17-2007, 09:56 PM
And lol @ the domer fans bashing this kid. Grow up. He's doing whats best for himself. And score a freaking TD for christ sakes.
Yes lets go with the low blow because were losing the argument.
Although with Jones as QB thered be no chance of ND scoring a TD all season.He sucks.Doesnt look like he has a serious future at QB.Sharpley was 1000 times better than Jones.
With Clausen theres not only chance but it should have already happened if it werent for WRs dropping passes.

mqtirishfan
09-17-2007, 10:08 PM

Okay, people. ND's offensive line is awful, terrible, horrendous, pitiful, the anti-Christ, a joke, possibly mentally ********, etc.

Darren McFadden would struggle behind this line. Hell, LT would struggle behind this line. They've given up 23 ******* sacks in 3 games, and most of the time, the RB gets hit by two people in the hole. The only way to get positive yards is to throw a swing pass. Unforunately, that's not an effective offense. Armando Allen is a talented player, but it's kind of like a boxer trying to fight with one arm.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
09-18-2007, 12:58 AM
Yes lets go with the low blow because were losing the argument.
Although with Jones as QB thered be no chance of ND scoring a TD all season.He sucks.Doesnt look like he has a serious future at QB.Sharpley was 1000 times better than Jones.
With Clausen theres not only chance but it should have already happened if it werent for WRs dropping passes.

Losing an argument?

The kid was blatantly lied to and was misled all summer. He was upset about it - which he should have been. He is doing what's BEST for him and transferring. What don't you understand about that? ND fans don't like how he went about it, but if his heart wasn't with the team he shouldn't have been there for the game against Michigan.

He doesn't have a serious future at QB? Strong sample size after seeing only a quarter of him. He might not be an NFL QB; but he should be a good college QB & will end up on an NFL team down the road.

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-18-2007, 06:28 PM
who cares if he was supposedly lied to/misled during the summer.He had his chance to do something and did absolutley nothing with it.If he had shone any promise Weiss wouldnt have started Clausen the next week.Clausen hadnt even played against a first string defense and yet he was put ahead of Jones.
He didnt look at all like a QB back there.He looked like he didnt even know how to throw the ball.When Sharpley was put in he had no problem throwing the ball.

Sniper
09-18-2007, 09:30 PM
who cares if he was supposedly lied to/misled during the summer.He had his chance to do something and did absolutley nothing with it.If he had shone any promise Weiss wouldnt have started Clausen the next week..

Yeah, keep trying to convince yourself of that.

RyanLeaf#1
09-18-2007, 09:39 PM
If Notre Dame would have won against G Tech with Jones as QB he would have started against Penn State.

Sniper
09-18-2007, 10:28 PM
If Notre Dame would have won against G Tech with Jones as QB he would have started against Penn State.

Yes, but it's completely impossible for that to happen considering the new 3-4 is ****, Zbikowski and the rest of the DBs are atrocious, the WRs are inexperienced, the OL is in shambles. But of course, let's blame Jones for it :rolleyes: Not you Leaf, I mean general NoDNoO fans.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
09-18-2007, 10:34 PM
who cares if he was supposedly lied to/misled during the summer.He had his chance to do something and did absolutley nothing with it.If he had shone any promise Weiss wouldnt have started Clausen the next week.Clausen hadnt even played against a first string defense and yet he was put ahead of Jones.
He didnt look at all like a QB back there.He looked like he didnt even know how to throw the ball.When Sharpley was put in he had no problem throwing the ball.

I don't even need to respond after reading this. You're ******** & clearly don't get the point.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
09-18-2007, 11:33 PM
Now ND is not releasing him from his scholarship. Classy.

Sniper
09-18-2007, 11:44 PM

Charlie Weis is the epitome of class. How dare you speak out against him! :rolleyes:

RyanLeaf#1
09-19-2007, 12:03 AM

Do you have a link that says they arent releasing him?

NittanyLion2k7
09-19-2007, 12:53 AM
Charlie Weis is a disciple of the Big Cheater aka Bill B. Nothing surprises me anymore. In my opinion, that entire coaching tree is tainted. Romeo Crennel aint exactly setting the roof on fire either.

CherryGarcia510
09-19-2007, 09:03 AM
Do you have a link that says they arent releasing him?

http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070918/SPORTS0302/70918012/-1/SPORTS

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-19-2007, 09:34 AM
I don't even need to respond after reading this. You're ******** & clearly don't get the point.
what point that he was unfairly treated at ND?or why cant you ND fans understand hes doing whats best for him.
First off Charlie Weiss job is to win.And it was quite obvious with Demetrius Jones that wasnt going to happen.As a HC he has to change the QB at some point and he did and both Sharpley and Clausen outplayed Jones.
Your other argument is quite stupid to be honest.You keep on whining at ND fans and saying cant you see hes doing whats best for him.
And then you keep on posting things like this....

Nice one Charlie..

Your really just asking to keep on argueing about it.
Im sorry that you have yet to understand that football is a competitive sport and that especially in college football if your not performing well enough that your job can be taken away from you.

jdcdam1
09-19-2007, 09:45 AM

what has clausen or sharpley done? last time I checked, 0 offensive TDS. At least Jones gave ND a running threat....His main problem was the fumbles...ND wouldv'e score by now, because Michigan sucks vs. running QBs.....Weis spoke too soon

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-19-2007, 07:32 PM
doingthisinsteadofwork, your fooling urself if you think Jones got a fair chance. They ran the ball like more than half the plays he was in and wouldn't let him pass at all. I don't care if he's labled a "Dual-Threat", you have to use him in a way that he's gonna be effective as that, not use him as sa running back. We'll never know what Jones will would've become at ND now because Charlie never gave him a chance.

LonghornsLegend
09-19-2007, 09:12 PM
what has sharpley or clausen done at qb to show they are better then ANYONE else in the world at qb?

and regardless if he wasnt the most talented, it is supposed to be a respect factor with coaches about keeping it real and letting you know the situation...if weiss led him to believe he had a realistic shot at qb, that was reason for him to stay when weiss may of known all along he didnt want him to start, telling him the situation could of helped him get somewhere else sooner with a transfer and have him proceed with his future...

and i dont get how everyone says he wont turn into or amount to anything, he hasnt even gotten a shot to show what he can do...he got a scholarship to ND so the talent and potential is there, and he really wasnt given a fair chance...and i concur that it was a classless move by ND in what they did to him, and what their are continually doing right now...they will get what they deserve when they dont score an offensive TD until november

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-19-2007, 10:36 PM
doingthisinsteadofwork, your fooling urself if you think Jones got a fair chance. They ran the ball like more than half the plays he was in and wouldn't let him pass at all. I don't care if he's labled a "Dual-Threat", you have to use him in a way that he's gonna be effective as that, not use him as sa running back. We'll never know what Jones will would've become at ND now because Charlie never gave him a chance.
No not really true we used him in alot of running plays.But when asked to throw the ball he looked more like a deer in the headlights than a QB.

Sniper
09-19-2007, 11:24 PM
No not really true we used him in alot of running plays.But when asked to throw the ball he looked more like a deer in the headlights than a QB.

Well he had so much time to pick his receivers too....

NOBLE
09-19-2007, 11:46 PM
No not really true we used him in alot of running plays.But when asked to throw the ball he looked more like a deer in the headlights than a QB.He only threw it 3 times. Three. And had one completion. How can you honestly say what you're saying about him when he was only allowed to throw the ball THREE times?? Sharpley threw it 13 times and Clausen six. Hell, DJ ran four times as much as he did pass and you're telling me that he's garbage? FOH with that.

Weis screwed him out his job by benching him for following his orders - help establish the run against the Georgia Tech defense. He never got a chance to air it out like the other two because they were still in the game at the time. When Sharpley and Clausen were in they had to throw out of necessity.

DJ is dejected and feels like transferring and rightly so, and Weis wants to throw him a bone by installing "Tebow-like" packages? What is the point when you benched him for doing the same thing two weeks ago? Had I been in his shoes I would have left, too.

Notre Shame is being classless by not releasing his scholarship. You lie to the kid all year long and instead of cutting ties, they deny him an opportunity to play.

And to those wanting Jones to move to wideout, if you actually watched him play when he was given a chance, you'd see that he is a QB first - he just happens to be athletic. Every athletic (or black) college QB does not have to automatically turn into a receiver to garner attention from you or the pros.

Bottom line, Demetrius is/was the best QB on that roster, but was never given a shot. A damn shame.

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-21-2007, 06:40 PM
honestly actually watch the game instead of looking at the stats.Demetrius only threw the ball 3 times because he only chose to throw it 3 times.There was alot more plays where he completely stood there like a deer in front of the headlights and instead of throwing the ball which he could have done he was either sacked or he fumbled the ball.When he was asked to pass he didnt look at all like a QB.
Bottom Line: Demetrius was the worse QB at ND had his chance and did nothing with it.

roidrunner
09-21-2007, 07:04 PM
is it me or does it seem that ND is angry at jones. i mean they will not let him go to the school that he wants to transfer to. they said that he can go to any school that they do not play. but NIU does not play ND. so is it me or does it seem that ND is sore losers. just my thought on what i have read.

LonghornsLegend
09-23-2007, 09:37 AM
I love how some people are defending ND and saying clausen gives them the best chance to win, he's the best qb and this was his team...he was pulled today in the 4th and looked terrible, and you cant blame it on the O line or rb today because both played pretty solid...i think he was 7-13 with 53 yds all game long, he hasnt completed a deep pass downfield and looks i dont know like "a deer in front of headlights"

SMH if you think clausen this year was so much better then demetrius jones would have been...im still waiting for those flashes of brilliance from clausen

ltisno1#2
09-23-2007, 10:06 AM
is it me or does it seem that ND is angry at jones. i mean they will not let him go to the school that he wants to transfer to. they said that he can go to any school that they do not play. but NIU does not play ND. so is it me or does it seem that ND is sore losers. just my thought on what i have read.

They were angry at jones because of the way he decided to leave. He just did not show up for the team bus and did not let anyone know about it. So they were waiting expecting him to show for the bus and he wasnt there. They talked about it on the game yesterday. Now it seems like they have worked out there differences and he is starting to look for schools to go to.

ltisno1#2
09-23-2007, 10:14 AM
I love how some people are defending ND and saying clausen gives them the best chance to win, he's the best qb and this was his team...he was pulled today in the 4th and looked terrible, and you cant blame it on the O line or rb today because both played pretty solid...i think he was 7-13 with 53 yds all game long, he hasnt completed a deep pass downfield and looks i dont know like "a deer in front of headlights"

SMH if you think clausen this year was so much better then demetrius jones would have been...im still waiting for those flashes of brilliance from clausen

How can you say the oline played pretty well, at times the did especially in the run blocking, but a lot of times the pass blocking was still really bad. He still had pressure on him all the time, and cant wait for longer routes to develop. Also the WR's do not get any seration for the DBs so its kind of hard to throw to them when they are not open. That being said sometimes clausen does hold the ball to long waiting for something to happpen or open up downfield and it results in a sack, but that I think is just what happens when a freshman is at QB he has to learn when to throw the ball away. And clausen is in there cause he is the QB of the future, and since this was going to be a rough season might as well get his lumps out of the way now, it worked for quinn.

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-23-2007, 10:27 AM

I love it how the people who are defending Demetrius Jones have never seen him or Clausen play.The posts are quite funny.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-23-2007, 11:47 AM
With that pourous OL, Jones definently gave them the best chanceto win, and Charlie didn't give him that chance.

RyanLeaf#1
09-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Looks like hes going to be a Bearcat

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3039526

diabsoule
09-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Jones intent on enrolling at Cincinnati.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3039526

Sniper
09-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Hey is Jones transferring to Cincinnati by any chance? ;)

RyanLeaf#1
09-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Hey is Jones transferring to Cincinnati by any chance? ;)

hahahaha I was just laughing at that post 10 minutes after mine. I guess he didnt see it.

09-27-2007, 04:44 PM
if the guy thinks its a perfect fit then i support his decision of goin to cincinatti...still think its better then goin to northern illinois

LonghornsLegend
09-27-2007, 04:56 PM
it just doesnt make any sense for guys saying Jones didnt look like anything out there, yet what has clausen shown that made it obvious he was the better qb?

thats all i hear is he is so much better, and he is 10x the qb jones was, but has ANYONE here seen what Clausen has done that proves that, or is it just assumption

09-27-2007, 05:01 PM
i just dont know if either jimmy clausen or demetrius jones are the real deal...maybe the supporting cast on notre dame is that poor because i havent seen many freshman QBs hyped up as much as clausen but hes a true freshman so ill cut him some slack..jones on the other hand is an athletic QB who could be very useful in the right system. according to what hes saying that right system is in cincinatti. so i guess well see.

SuperKevin
09-27-2007, 06:03 PM
I thought he had already enrolled at Nothern Illinois?