PDA

View Full Version : Browns and Bengals Discussion

j05son
09-15-2007, 03:55 AM
Figured we can get this started...

Jsimmsy and I will be sitting in the Dawg Pound for this one...

Let's hope for something better than week one and our performances against Cincy last year...

Man_Of_Steel
09-15-2007, 10:14 AM
For some reason Im taking the points (6.5) and Cleveland. I dont know why.

Man_Of_Steel
09-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Figured we can get this started...

Jsimmsy and I will be sitting in the Dawg Pound for this one...

Let's hope for something better than week one and our performances against Cincy last year...

Youll get a good view of Chad Johnson.

PoopSandwich
09-15-2007, 10:49 AM
I'll be in the Dawg Pound as well, I already predicted the score 31-10 Bengals, I don't really think Anderson will do mch.

PalmerToCJ
09-15-2007, 01:16 PM
Eric Ghiaciuc is likely out, Willie Anderson it seems might play.

Defense will all be back (less Rashad Jeanty who also missed last week), hopefully Johnathan Joseph plays more.

TJ is a little banged up but he'll play.

In the end I'm just hoping for no big injuries, we got killed last year when we played you all week 2 (Rich Braham, Levi Jones, David Pollack and Tab Perry were all lost for the year... That killed us).

I'm hoping we get to see some Brady Quinn.

RoyHall#1
09-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Yeah, this is serious: 27-24 Browns.

Mr. Stiller
09-15-2007, 01:50 PM

I'm Calling 27-10 Bengals.

j05son
09-15-2007, 01:54 PM
It was reported [I don't have a source] that Brady may get some time...

If they want to get Brady's feet wet, this is the week. Not disrespecting your defense Cincy, but Oakland, Baltimore, New England, Miami is what's coming up before our bye....

Smooth Criminal
09-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Yeah I think putting money on Cincy to cover might be the safest bet i've ever seen. Fact is that Clevelands offense will do nothing and there is no way their defense will be able to keep Cincy fro putting up over 30, I dn't care how many of their starting lineman are out.

Cincy 34-13

Shere Khan
09-15-2007, 03:07 PM

If they want to get Brady's feet wet, this is the week. Not disrespecting your defense Cincy, but Oakland, Baltimore, New England, Miami is what's coming up before our bye....

I guess you didn't see that Monday Night Football game then.

Oh, and I guess you forgot that we rolled into Cleveland and shut you all out.

Our defense isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

It's more inconsistency than anything, IMO.

Freddy G
09-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Carson Palmer will be worn out from getting chased all over the field by the end, but that will be the only positive for us.

Last game i tried cocky/positive thinking, that didn't work. I am just hoping we are in this one, but it all comes down to Derek Anderson IMO. If he can have another game like he had against KC then we will be in it, if he is himself, then we get blown out.

Shere Khan
09-15-2007, 04:12 PM
If he can have another game like he had against KC then we will be in it, if he is himself, then we get blown out.

rofl

so you're saying he has to play outside of himself in order to have a chance?

Man_Of_Steel
09-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Please someone convince me to tak the Bengals at a 6 1/2 spread, for some reason I feel like taking the Browns tomorrow.

BrownsTown
09-15-2007, 06:15 PM
I guess you didn't see that Monday Night Football game then.

It's a good defense, but it's definately the worse one in this stretch of tough games.

j05son
09-15-2007, 11:25 PM

If they want to get Brady's feet wet, this is the week. Not disrespecting your defense Cincy, but Oakland, Baltimore, New England, Miami is what's coming up before our bye....I guess you didn't see that Monday Night Football game then.

Ummm, did you read my post. I wasn't disrespecting your defense, but after you we go up against some of the prime defenses EVERY YEAR. A Monday nighter doesn't put Cincy in the same tier as the defenses we play after you. I never said your defense was bad, I said we go up among the leagues best of the best like the next 4 teams defenses usually are...

PalmerToCJ
09-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Please someone convince me to tak the Bengals at a 6 1/2 spread, for some reason I feel like taking the Browns tomorrow.

Since you're a Steeler fan I have no reason to, I would enjoy you losing the coin.

j05son, I see where you're coming from but I think he might be a little worse off this week. Those D's coming up are obviously better than ours but we're hopefully going to play aggressive and your Oline still needs time to gel. Until the Oline plays well as a unit I'd leave him out.

I'm thinking 30-6 Bengals.

BrownsTown
09-16-2007, 12:02 AM
Since you're a Steeler fan I have no reason to, I would enjoy you losing the coin.

j05son, I see where you're coming from but I think he might be a little worse off this week. Those D's coming up are obviously better than ours but we're hopefully going to play aggressive and your Oline still needs time to gel. Until the Oline plays well as a unit I'd leave him out.

I'm thinking 30-6 Bengals.

I'm thinking the Browns get more garbage points than that...like 38-14 or something like that.

I'm not optimistic.

PalmerToCJ
09-16-2007, 12:10 AM
I'm thinking the Browns get more garbage points than that...like 38-14 or something like that.

I'm not optimistic.

It's a possibility. I'm not sure what kind of showing our offense will have with our Oline so banged up. Granted we only gave up one sack to the #1 defense but the run game might have suffered because of it. I wouldn't be shocked if we only scored in the 20's.

RoyHall#1
09-16-2007, 02:14 PM

Damn, I forgot to mention that was my prediction for halftime. Only 3 points off.

34-24!!!

Mr. Stiller
09-16-2007, 03:11 PM
PalmertoCJ,

You were right, if we can whip the crap out of the Browns, so can you guys!

Smooth Criminal
09-16-2007, 03:35 PM
I can't believe I just rooted for Cleveland.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Embarasing. Cleveland finally did something right.

Mr. Stiller
09-16-2007, 03:36 PM
PalmertoCJ,

You were right, if we can whip the crap out of the Browns, so can you guys!

I add this ...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

34-7, and you lose 51-45!

Smooth Criminal
09-16-2007, 03:53 PM
I know I, like most others, picked Cincy to win but I'm still finding the humor in all of this.

keylime_5
09-16-2007, 04:18 PM
That game was fantasy FB heaven for anyone with any of those offensive players. 51 points, wow. Bring it on, Baltimore!

PoopSandwich
09-16-2007, 04:44 PM
That was the best game I've ever been at (or tied with the Atlanta one at least)

Me and my dad kept looking at each like WHAT THE HELL?

I was jumping around all game on a broken toe I didn't care...

So funny i dont even know what to say... Bengals fans were all like "well you gotta let cleveland win some times." Denial at its best.

The Legend
09-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Hell Of A Game

Man_Of_Steel
09-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Im so glad I took Cleveland, I had a feeling all week.

BrownsTown
09-16-2007, 05:30 PM
That was the best game I've ever been at (or tied with the Atlanta one at least)

Me and my dad kept looking at each like WHAT THE HELL?

I was jumping around all game on a broken toe I didn't care...

So funny i dont even know what to say... Bengals fans were all like "well you gotta let cleveland win some times." Denial at its best.

Same, I was at both and I think this was better.

Jamal Lewis...welcome to Cleveland.

skarocksoi
09-16-2007, 06:07 PM

My friend bet on Cincy thinking it was pretty much a lock. It was his first time betting on a game and he has since vowed to never gamble again. So much for defense in that one.

NFLBOY
09-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Cincy still has a lousy defense. What a joke they are. 51 points from cleveland is hilarious.

BrownsTown
09-17-2007, 01:55 PM
In a survivor league I'm in 5 people picked Cinci.

I love upsets.

BigDawg819
09-17-2007, 02:35 PM
Wow..............just wow! So much for Leon Hall being an upgrade in that secondary.... :D

BrownsTown
09-17-2007, 03:01 PM
Wow..............just wow! So much for Leon Hall being an upgrade in that secondary.... :D

Braylon flat out burned him twice for TDs.

BigDawg819
09-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Braylon flat out burned him twice for TDs.

I hate to say it but I'm actually excited to watch the replay of this game on NFLN.

BrownsTown
09-17-2007, 03:15 PM
I hate to say it but I'm actually excited to watch the replay of this game on NFLN.

Braylon had two amazing catches too, one where he dived and slid into the endzone, another when it was tipped and he picked from right above the ground. It's a fun game to watch no doubt.

j05son
09-17-2007, 05:34 PM

hey MOS, can you write who you like in all of week 3....

>_>
<_<

:-)