PDA

View Full Version : Mario Manningahm needs another year in the worst way

goblue8888
09-16-2007, 10:51 AM
He has terrible hands and tries about 50% of time. I will be very surprised if he is in this years draft.

bearsfan_51
09-16-2007, 10:52 AM
Why will another year make him try harder?

goblue8888
09-16-2007, 11:03 AM
Why will another year make him try harder?

Well it just isnt try harder, right now he is the third best wr on michigans team. He cant run short routes and cant catch a cold. Not to mention he is also a terrible practice player. Did i also mention that he was caught this summer in a car with pot and has had some troubles at michigan. He definetly needs another year to improve himself because nfl scouts are just going pick him apart.

P-L
09-16-2007, 12:24 PM
I've always thought he overrated, and three games into the season I no longer believe he's the best receiver on the Michigan football team. He's probably not the second best either...

familyguy555
09-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Greg Mathews baby!!!!!!!

mpt117
09-16-2007, 01:01 PM
i thought Adrian Arrington got kicked off the team? but im glad hes back tho...he was decent last year and i think he could be drafted this year

Michigan
09-16-2007, 02:54 PM
i thought Adrian Arrington got kicked off the team? but im glad hes back tho...he was decent last year and i think he could be drafted this year

he's a junior, and he certainly won't have a tough time getting drafted. many think he's a first day guy.

Sniper
09-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Well it just isnt try harder, right now he is the third best wr on michigans team. He cant run short routes and cant catch a cold. Not to mention he is also a terrible practice player. Did i also mention that he was caught this summer in a car with pot and has had some troubles at michigan. He definetly needs another year to improve himself because nfl scouts are just going pick him apart.

He's our best deep threat obviously, but you're right, he's bad in short routes and has average hands. That pass from Mallett vs. Oregon hit him right in the hands and he flubbed it. Hands, route running and injury concerns should make him stick around for another year.

schmiddog
09-16-2007, 03:47 PM
His deep ball skills and tracking ability are something to behold, but yeah, very high bust probability.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Troy Williamson v2?

Sniper
09-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Troy Williamson v2?

No, he's too good on the deep ball to be that. And Teddy Ginn already laid claim to that title.

PoopSandwich
09-16-2007, 07:49 PM
I disagree, I think he should go into the draft fall to the second round to Clevelands spot so we can draft him.

Sniper
09-16-2007, 07:51 PM
I disagree, I think he should go into the draft fall to the second round to Clevelands spot so we can draft him.

Two Michigan wideouts in Ohio? HAHA! Don't see it happening ;) Braylon looked good today

PoopSandwich
09-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Two Michigan wideouts in Ohio? HAHA! Don't see it happening ;) Braylon looked good today

I LOVE Manningham and would welcome him to the Browns any day.

Unless Mike Hart is there, that dude can flat out play.

Apriori
09-16-2007, 08:15 PM
I don't think he'll come out under any circumstances.
Personally I think it probably wasn't all of his fault that he dropped some passes from Mallett. He's still learning to put touch on his passes and could probably break somebody's fingers the way he's been throwing.

Sniper
09-16-2007, 08:30 PM
I don't think he'll come out under any circumstances.
Personally I think it probably wasn't all of his fault that he dropped some passes from Mallett. He's still learning to put touch on his passes and could probably break somebody's fingers the way he's been throwing.

The one that was a pick hit Mario square in the hands on a crossing route...I'm of the "If it hits your hands, you catch it" mentality

Apriori
09-17-2007, 05:27 PM
The one that was a pick hit Mario square in the hands on a crossing route...I'm of the "If it hits your hands, you catch it" mentality

I disagree. Mallett isn't Culpepper or Jam Russell right now but he has a rocket launcher arm and there were a few times in the game against Oregon where he'd hit an open receiver, only to have them drop it. It's not all his fault, but he's not making it easy.

Green Bay Scat
09-17-2007, 05:57 PM
I disagree. Mallett isn't Culpepper or Jam Russell right now but he has a rocket launcher arm and there were a few times in the game against Oregon where he'd hit an open receiver, only to have them drop it. It's not all his fault, but he's not making it easy.

also going from henne to mallett is a HUGE difference, from a Matt Hasselbeck arm to a Brett Favre arm, thats huge. Back in the day at the pro bowl, the WR use to ask brett not to throw it as hard as it would sprain their fingers

Sniper
09-17-2007, 07:10 PM
also going from henne to mallett is a HUGE difference, from a Matt Hasselbeck arm to a Brett Favre arm, thats huge. Back in the day at the pro bowl, the WR use to ask brett not to throw it as hard as it would sprain their fingers

Chad Henne isn't exactly Chad Pennington here. He's got one of the strongest arms in the country

Green Bay Scat
09-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Chad Henne isn't exactly Chad Pennington here. He's got one of the strongest arms in the country

but Mallet and Henne are apples and Oranges, however Henne has a great deep ball, but knows how to throw it between coverage at a nice speed, why mallet seems to desperetly throw it in there as a bullet, not saying hes weak armed about Henne, but Mallets arm is special

goblue8888
09-17-2007, 10:52 PM
Malllett has what many consider the best arm ever seen on a high schooler.

Joeyjr09
09-17-2007, 11:48 PM
No, he's too good on the deep ball to be that. And Teddy Ginn already laid claim to that title.

Because you can tell after then entire 2 games he's played right?

Sniper
09-18-2007, 12:22 AM
Because you can tell after then entire 2 games he's played right?

No, by his 3 years in college where he never learned route running and had mediocre hands. But thanks for trying

Joeyjr09
09-18-2007, 12:32 AM
No, by his 3 years in college where he never learned route running and had mediocre hands. But thanks for trying

because college counts in the NFL. I guess you were with Spurrier when he tought Danny Wuerfel could start for the Redskins. Do a little reseach. It takes generally takes 3 years for a WR to make in impact in the NFL. Look at Braylon Edwards. He's just getting to what people expected of him and it's his 3rd year. Ginn has played 2 games and is the number 4 WR on the depth chart for now. How about letting the guy get some game action outside of punt returns before we label him a bust. Either that or we could just go ahead and say that Colt Brennan is gonna be the best QB in the history of the NFL right now because he is tearing up the college level.

save the attitude buddy. You bring up college issues into and NFL discussion. It's apples to oranges. Stop reaching.

Green Bay Scat
09-18-2007, 12:34 AM
because college counts in the NFL. I guess you were with Spurrier when he tought Danny Wuerfel could start for the Redskins. Do a little reseach. It takes generally takes 3 years for a WR to make in impact in the NFL. Look at Braylon Edwards. He's just getting to what people expected of him and it's his 3rd year. Ginn has played 2 games and is the number 4 WR on the depth chart for now. How about letting the guy get some game action outside of punt returns before we label him a bust. Either that or we could just go ahead and say that Colt Brennan is gonna be the best QB in the history of the NFL right now because he is tearing up the college level.

save the attitude buddy. You bring up college issues into and NFL discussion. It's apples to oranges. Stop reaching.

its hard to break out when u have no QB or RB and ur the best thing on the field, since winslow was coming back from an injury. im not saying your wrong, im just sayin Braylon is a bad example cause of his situation

Sniper
09-18-2007, 12:40 AM

It does count when you've had 3 years at a top-notch college football powerhouse and the only route you've ever been good at is a fly route. I didn't label Ginn a bust yet did I? I said he's comparable to Troy Williamson. Williamson is a bust, yes, but he has similar attributes to Ginn. How about I've actually watched Ginn for 3 years and feel like I can make a pretty damn good argument on his pros and cons. He has amazing speed rivaled by few, if any, but is a sloppy route-runner, has mediocre hands and is a marginal receiver right now. The sloppy route-runner, sick wheels and mediocre hands part, it doesn't matter if it's middle school, high school, Big 10 football or the NFL, it's a fact. Sorry I'm talking down on your boy, but he's not exactly the most polished receiver. Please, argue that one with me, I'd love to hear this

Crickett
09-18-2007, 08:33 AM

Yep, how a player did in college has absolutely no bearing on when he gets drafted. Makes perfect sense.

draftguru151
09-18-2007, 09:52 AM

You wanna talk about apples and oranges? How bout comparing QBs who put up big numbers in pass happy offenses to a WR who struggled as a WR in a pro offense. Yea that's the same thing. :/

Joeyjr09
09-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Yep, how a player did in college has absolutely no bearing on when he gets drafted. Makes perfect sense.

Way to put words in my mouth. What he did in college has to do with where gets gets drafted, has nothing to do with how will be be as an NFL player. There's many players that are no good in college get drafted low and turn into great NFL players. Look at Preist Holmes.

Joeyjr09
09-18-2007, 06:15 PM
its hard to break out when u have no QB or RB and ur the best thing on the field, since winslow was coming back from an injury. im not saying your wrong, im just sayin Braylon is a bad example cause of his situation

What exactly do the Dolphins have? The line is one of the worst in the NFL. The QB just threw 4 INTs in a game and fumbled another time for 5 turnovers. The RBs are subpar and the WR corp is average at best. It's not like Ginn is coming into a good offense when Braylon came into a bad one. Both those offenses where among the 5 worst in the NFL.

09-18-2007, 06:17 PM
i remember how dominant super mario was in his freshman season and i thought he for sure would come out as soon as he was eligible..now were talkin bout him staying another year but i doubt it once he starts seeing his other teammates leavin (long, hart, henne) i think he will have his mind made up

Joeyjr09
09-18-2007, 06:18 PM
You wanna talk about apples and oranges? How bout comparing QBs who put up big numbers in pass happy offenses to a WR who struggled as a WR in a pro offense. Yea that's the same thing. :/

I wouldn't say Ginn struggled in a Pro Style offense. As a matter of fact, he did pretty well during his time at Ohio State and was one of the most feared weapons. Regardless, Wuerfell had the same style offense in the NFL under the exact same head coach that was playing to his strengths and he still couldn't cut it.

Apriori
09-18-2007, 07:39 PM
i remember how dominant super mario was in his freshman season and i thought he for sure would come out as soon as he was eligible..now were talkin bout him staying another year but i doubt it once he starts seeing his other teammates leavin (long, hart, henne) i think he will have his mind made up

What?
Averaging 2.45 receptions and 39.36 yards isn't what I'd describe as dominant. He was Michigan's #3 or #4 receiver his freshman year behind Avant, Breaston and probably Arrington (and maybe Bass?).

Also, Braylon Edwards saw a top QB and a top RB leave his junior year, and he stuck around.

ironman4579
09-18-2007, 08:24 PM
I'm assuming he meant his sophmore year, but I guess you never know.

JoeMontainya
09-18-2007, 08:49 PM
Malllett has what many consider the best arm ever seen on a high schooler.

LOL because so many people have seen all the QB's in high school history to know this.

09-18-2007, 08:50 PM
I'm assuming he meant his sophmore year, but I guess you never know.

no i did mean his sophomore year my bad..it seems like hes been performing at such a high level for so long

Sniper
09-18-2007, 09:28 PM
LOL because so many people have seen all the QB's in high school history to know this.

Yeah, **** what people at Rivals, Scout etc... have said. Please, do tell, what HS QB that you've seen has a bigger arm than Mallett? LOLZ MALLETT PLAYS FOR MICHIGAN I CAN'T EVER ADMIT HE'S GOT ANYTHING GOING FOR HIM LOLZ ZOMGGGGGGGGGGG Heaven forbid you actually give a Michigan player credit.

Apriori
09-19-2007, 10:42 AM
no i did mean his sophomore year my bad..it seems like hes been performing at such a high level for so long

That makes a lot more sense then.
I've always sort of thought that Michigan has a tradition of not many Juniors leaving. The only two I can think of in the past few years are Ernest Shazor and Allen Branch.

NittanyLion2k7
09-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Ted Ginn wasn't feared by everyone. Penn State never cared for him. I don't think he ever scored a TD against us... and we always held him to less than 100 yards receiving.

As for Mallett having the strongest arm, I highly doubt that. Morelli has a pretty strong arm, so do guys like JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Perilloux. There are lots of guys in the college ranks that can launch the ball. Those recruiting services say that stuff year in and year out, but in reality alot of guys have big arms.

Sniper
09-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Ted Ginn wasn't feared by everyone. Penn State never cared for him. I don't think he ever scored a TD against us... and we always held him to less than 100 yards receiving.

As for Mallett having the strongest arm, I highly doubt that. Morelli has a pretty strong arm, so do guys like JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Perilloux. There are lots of guys in the college ranks that can launch the ball. Those recruiting services say that stuff year in and year out, but in reality alot of guys have big arms.

And the same people that ranked Russell, Perilloux, Morelli and Henne said Mallett's got the best. What do they know though? Let me know when Morelli can throw 87 yards, as Mallett did this pre-season camp.

NittanyLion2k7
09-19-2007, 01:31 PM
And the same people that ranked Russell, Perilloux, Morelli and Henne said Mallett's got the best. What do they know though? Let me know when Morelli can throw 87 yards, as Mallett did this pre-season camp.

Great. I bet next year, they'll say someone else has the best. It happens every year. And it really doesn't matter. There's only so much of a difference between big arms when you get to a certain level. Ask Kyle Boller how his "Big Arm" is doing. Michael Vick probably had the best arm in all of football for awhile... look how he played QB.

BTW no one ever said Henne had a big arm. They did say he had excellent leadership and intangibles. IF I remember, they criticized him for having a baseball delievery. But if we are talking about big arms in recent college football, Henne is not even in the top 5.

Green Bay Scat
09-19-2007, 01:32 PM

i love homerism...but sadly Chris Nickson doesnt have a good arm, but hey we got EB, the best WR in the Nation

Sniper
09-19-2007, 01:34 PM
i love homerism...but sadly Chris Nickson doesnt have a good arm, but hey we got EB, the best WR in the Nation

http://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/2138-Michigan_Wolverines_Football-College_Football-Michigan-Notre_Dame_Ryan_Mallett_Gets_His_First_Shot

87 yards, I'm not kidding

Sniper
09-19-2007, 01:36 PM
BTW no one ever said Henne had a big arm. They did say he had excellent leadership and intangibles. IF I remember, they criticized him for having a baseball delievery. But if we are talking about big arms in recent college football, Henne is not even in the top 5.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha yeah ok. It's humorous how you completely refuse to acknowledge anyone from Michigan doing anything good. Ever. Man, just because you're riding Paterno's nuts doesn't mean you can't admit someone from a rival school does something well.

Green Bay Scat
09-19-2007, 01:38 PM
http://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/2138-Michigan_Wolverines_Football-College_Football-Michigan-Notre_Dame_Ryan_Mallett_Gets_His_First_Shot

87 yards, I'm not kidding

dude im with you. i think he has the strongest arm, im just sayin the penn state homer, the osu homer and the michigan homer(U) and me the vandy homer, a lot of homerism, thats all

Sniper
09-19-2007, 01:40 PM
dude im with you. i think he has the strongest arm, im just sayin the penn state homer, the osu homer and the michigan homer(U) and me the vandy homer, a lot of homerism, thats all

Oh my bad then. By the way Nit, that bet is off because at the rate you rack up the dumb posts, you'll be banned before the end of the season anyway, so I got nothing to gain.

ironman4579
09-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Great. I bet next year, they'll say someone else has the best. It happens every year.

That's kind of a silly statement. Why couldn't they say it every year? If they said Russell had the strongest arm, then Mallett had the strongest arm, they're simply seeing a guy with an even stronger arm. If a guy runs a 4.22 or something and they say he's the fastest guy, then the next year a guy runs a 4.18, of course they're going to say he's the fastest guy. Because he is. It's only stupid if they start going back in time, not moving forward. It doesn't seem like that complicated of a concept.

Sniper
09-19-2007, 01:49 PM
That's kind of a silly statement. Why couldn't they say it every year? If they said Russell had the strongest arm, then Mallett had the strongest arm, they're simply seeing a guy with an even stronger arm. If a guy runs a 4.22 or something and they say he's the fastest guy, then the next year a guy runs a 4.18, of course they're going to say he's the fastest guy. Because he is. It's only stupid if they start going back in time, not moving forward. It doesn't seem like that complicated of a concept.

Relax man. Nit's got some serious anger issues toward Michigan, I don't know why. He refuses to acknowledge anything good done by Michigan. Maybe it's because PSU's got a tough time beating Michigan ;)

ironman4579
09-19-2007, 02:17 PM
I'm certainly not worked up. I'm just trying to explain a fairly simple concept here.

NittanyLion2k7
09-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Sniper being a wuss and backs off like I thought. Don't worry, no one's going to ban me. I've been here almost 2 years longer than you.

And Chad Henne doesn't have anythign close to the strongest arm in College, none the less all of football. Go and make a poll. I bet Henne doesnt' crack the top 5. As for the "experts" saying he has a strong arm, show me one place where that is. Because I certainly don't see him firing bullets ala Michael Vick style.

NittanyLion2k7
09-19-2007, 02:37 PM
Relax man. Nit's got some serious anger issues toward Michigan, I don't know why. He refuses to acknowledge anything good done by Michigan. Maybe it's because PSU's got a tough time beating Michigan ;)

If that's the truth then take my wager. But you won't, because you know Michigan might lose and you can't stand to be away from your precious little message board.

Sniper
09-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Sniper being a wuss and backs off like I thought. Don't worry, no one's going to ban me. I've been here almost 2 years longer than you.

And Chad Henne doesn't have anythign close to the strongest arm in College, none the less all of football. Go and make a poll. I bet Henne doesnt' crack the top 5. As for the "experts" saying he has a strong arm, show me one place where that is. Because I certainly don't see him firing bullets ala Michael Vick style.

Whatever you say slugger.

Trying to argue with you is like trying to arm wrestle an octopus, only instead of using another tentacle you use another homeristic dumbass response. The only guys that can top Henne in college in terms of arm strength and touch on the deep ball are Andre Woodson and Brian Brohm. Henne's deep balls are friggin rainbows right into wideouts' hands. In pure arm strength, I'd say Woodson, Mallett and Morelli have bigger arms.

Sniper
09-19-2007, 02:57 PM
If that's the truth then take my wager. But you won't, because you know Michigan might lose and you can't stand to be away from your precious little message board.

Every team might lose in a game. Takes a real big man like yourself to propose a wager on a 1-2 team playing a freshman QB :rolleyes:

Michigan
09-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Because I certainly don't see him firing bullets ala Michael Vick style.

Did you miss this one? http://youtube.com/watch?v=ofg5EiHxaX8

Sniper
09-19-2007, 03:07 PM
Did you miss this one? http://youtube.com/watch?v=ofg5EiHxaX8

Two of the greatest words ever heard...TOUCHDOWN MANNINGHAM!

Rainbow example...and demolition of Justin King

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V6jfks3gR3Q&mode=related&search=

Green Bay Scat
09-19-2007, 03:12 PM
since were being homers...

the future is now

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vWncHTRt_ws

P-L
09-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Henne's arm strength is his best attribute. Is he top five? Probably not, but then he's easily in that 6-10 range.

ironman4579
09-19-2007, 06:19 PM
He made a couple of pretty nice throws and showed pretty good arm strength here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hqSpIFrCkU

and here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iPlo0b7yHE

I don't think Henne has the best arm in college football, but it's certainly not weak or even average IMO.

JoeMontainya
09-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Yeah, **** what people at Rivals, Scout etc... have said. Please, do tell, what HS QB that you've seen has a bigger arm than Mallett? LOLZ MALLETT PLAYS FOR MICHIGAN I CAN'T EVER ADMIT HE'S GOT ANYTHING GOING FOR HIM LOLZ ZOMGGGGGGGGGGG Heaven forbid you actually give a Michigan player credit.

WOW im in an argument with a Michigan player who wants to talk up his own product? I heard this so much about a Michigan QB this off season already and those talks have died down. Do I have to go through it prematurely again SNiper? Are you still sour over the first 2 games that you have to give me bad rep over an honest opinion that he DOESNT have the strongest arm. I mean honestly jamarcus Russell just left the college ranks as a Junior and I will put his arm up against this freshman any day of the year, and I think alot of people outside of AnnArbor would agree.

goblue8888
09-21-2007, 11:00 AM
WOW im in an argument with a Michigan player who wants to talk up his own product? I heard this so much about a Michigan QB this off season already and those talks have died down. Do I have to go through it prematurely again SNiper? Are you still sour over the first 2 games that you have to give me bad rep over an honest opinion that he DOESNT have the strongest arm. I mean honestly jamarcus Russell just left the college ranks as a Junior and I will put his arm up against this freshman any day of the year, and I think alot of people outside of AnnArbor would agree.

Well people that have seen both say malletts is even bigger.