PDA

View Full Version : Gameday Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Pit Bull #53
09-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Discuss anything related to Sunday's games!

Pit Bull #53
09-16-2007, 11:24 AM
Let's get it started with the inactives for today's game:

TITANS INACTIVES
#11 WR Paul Williams
#21 CB Reynaldo Hill
#42 RB Chris Henry
#48 FB Casey Cramer
#64 G/C Leroy Harris
#82 WR Biren Ealy
#90 DT Randy Starks
#94 DE Bryce Fisher

Starting Lineup Changes
no changes

COLTS INACTIVES
#25 DB Michael Coe
#42 DB Brannon Condren
#54 LB Freddy Keiaho
#74 OT Charlie Johnson
#75 OT Michael Toudouze
#90 DT Dan Klecko
#94 LB Rob Morris
#97 DT Quinn pitcock

Starting Lineup Changes
#50 Rocky Boiman starts at SLB in place of #94 Rob Morris
#56 Tyjuan Hagler starts at WLB in place of #54 Freddy Keiaho

The team must be pleased with the progress of Corey Simon since Starks is now going on the inactive list.

Pit Bull #53
09-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Roydell needs to be starting

Cashmoney
09-16-2007, 10:48 PM
guys i hate to say it but vince cost us this game. he needs to quit taking sacks and play a little bit smarter.

Pit Bull #53
09-16-2007, 11:10 PM
What he needs to do is run more.

There is no one thing or one player that cost us the game. It was an accumulation of mistakes at the wrong time. There were several mistakes. Vince's penalty, Jones' drop, Davis' drop and fumble, the missed 4th down early in the game, the deflected passes that we didn't pick. I can go on and on all day.

We have shown that we can play with teams though. We need to add more playmakers (some may already be on the roster...Griff), but it feels like we are turning the corner.

TitanHope
09-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Out of town due to a death in the family, so I was unable to watch the game. I like the final score, despite losing. In our past 3 games, the Colts haven't beaten us with a margin larger than a field goal. I hope these are the beginnings of classic games between the two franshises. Also, it sounds like Vince threw much better today, and that Roydell played great. I'm looking for toward the next game with the Colts, one that I can hopefully watch.

Also, two amazing statistics: Vince Young had a higher QB rating than Manning yesterday, and holy **** the Texans are 2-0!

TitanHope
09-18-2007, 12:12 AM
Possibly the best picture I could find taken during the game:

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070916/capt.e1c5d7fa00924253ae12b3e2e602491f.colts_titans _football_tnmh106.jpg

I think I saw that on one of the highlights. That when Finnegan made the pick?

smittyjs
09-18-2007, 09:27 PM
VY showed he is heading the right way, but getting sacked on that last drive killed us, one of his biggest problems is rolling and slowing down and then trying to start running again and getting tackled from behind. And as Pitt said Roydell should be starting. We should be able to beat the saints, but there going to be fired up, as should we since this is our first monday night football game since 04, as we lost in a shot out to the chiefs with Volek at QB.

smittyjs
09-21-2007, 05:51 PM
Possibly the best picture I could find taken during the game:

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070916/capt.e1c5d7fa00924253ae12b3e2e602491f.colts_titans _football_tnmh106.jpg

I think I saw that on one of the highlights. That when Finnegan made the pick?Yeah......

TitanHope
09-22-2007, 05:17 PM
Fisher sent out his Friday practice report. (http://www.titansonline.com/news/newsmain_detail.php?PRKey=5078)

I my favorite question/answer:

(on if he felt like he was seeing a glimpse of the future when he watched Vince Young, LenDale White and Reggie Bush in the 2005 BCS National Championship game)

Yeah. We were hopeful to get as many players from that game as we could, and we’ve got three or four of them on our team. I think [New Orleans] has only got one.

Lol! Now if only Vince, LenDale, and Griff can perform as well Monday as they did in the Rose Bowl. We all know how Vince did, but not many know that LenDale had the better day than Reggie, and Griffin had an INT in the redzone. I hope Griff gets more playing time against the Saints.

TitanHope
09-22-2007, 06:05 PM
Double post! Yay!

Here's ESPN's NFL Madden '08 Forecast of the Titans/Saints game. (http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=3029644)

For those of you who don't know, this is basically a simulation using the Madden video game to predict who will win games. And, as anyone who actually plays Madden knows, most of the computer generated games don't really turn out right. Any team can win, though the higher rated team obviously wins most of the time, and any player can have a huge game. Nevertheless, its pretty entertaining.

Some interesting notes:

-The Saints run for 223 yards against a Titans defense that is only allowing 78 rushing YPG and hasn't allowed a 100-yard rusher all season. I mean, those are Titan rushing numbers.
-Vince notches his 3rd game in a row that he's completed 60% or more of his passes.
-The Titans' RB's only run 22 times;White 9 times, and Brown 10. Young ran 8.
-Our secondary shut down Marques Colston and Devery Henderson. Our nickelback apparently sucks, though, and allowed David Patten to have 80+ yards receiving and a TD.
-Brandon Jones had a great day. Roydell Williams did not.
-Its nice to see David Givens has recovered from his injury so fast. Welcome back David!

And yes, I know its just a game. But still...

*Writes angry e-mail to ESPN and Madden*

TitanHope
09-23-2007, 05:37 PM
Boo lack of posting! Hooray triple-posting, post *****-ism!

Anyone know who the starters at WR are? I'm hoping Roydell is at least in the Top 3. I'd prefer:

#1 Eric Moulds (Possession Receiver)
#2 Roydell Williams (Deep Threat/Play Maker Receiver)
#3 Brandon Jones (Reliable, Over The Middle Receiver)

Jones looked winded in the Colts game. He needs to improve his conditioning. If he has the energy he should have had, and catches that 3rd down pass last week, we would have had a chance to win. Plus, Williams looked great last week, and from what I hear, caught EVERYTHING that was thrown to him, including a great catch on the sideline and a great catch in the endzone for a TD. Moulds stays at #1 since he has the experience, and takes the attention of the #1 CB. Williams has the potential to burn Jason David bad.

Pit Bull #53
09-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Haven't heard anything, but I hope it's Jones and Roydell on the outside, with Moulds in the slot.

I'm looking for Albert to be dominant tomorrow night. We need Odom to do something too against their RT.

Scariest thing to me is defending screen passes to Bush.

TitanHope
09-23-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm not that worried. Don't get me wrong, Bush is a good player. But, I liked our D-Line, and Bulluck and Thornton are fast LB's. Not to mention, our safeties are good against the run. He may get one big play, and dissappear for the rest of the game. Thats what he's been doing this season apparently.

Pit Bull #53
09-23-2007, 06:30 PM
We get consistently gashed by screen passes. We haven't been able to stop them in years. Maybe the Saints won't exploit that, but with a guy as fast as Bush, I'm worried.

TitanHope
09-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Well, Sean Payton's play calling has been terrible. So there's a good chance that we won't get exploited, and he'll continue to throw toss-runs and make Bush "dance" between the tackles.

TitanHope
09-24-2007, 05:20 PM
Young seems hell bent and determing to throw the ball successfully against New Orleans...lets hope this is a good thing and not bad...

Cashmoney
09-24-2007, 08:08 PM
so far so good for vince's passing

TitanHope
09-24-2007, 09:09 PM
Yeah, but that INT was horrible. Everyone was worried about him over throwing receivers. But he's actually under throwing receivers. Two of those under throws were for INT's, too. Its halftime, and I think we're all gotten the point that Vince can throw. Now its LenDale and Brown's turn to run the ball and get the #1 running offense in the league running.

Geo
09-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Michael Griffin is a special teams stud, the 1st round rookie continually finds ways to impact the game in that area.

TitanHope
09-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Griffin's special teams abilities were a big part of why he was drafted. He's a special teams ace, plain and simple. He returns kicks, blocks punts, and can play gunner. He does it all, and not to mention he can play CB, FS, and SS.

Also, 31-14 :)

Pit Bull #53
09-24-2007, 10:40 PM
Nice win. Vince came out sharp, but seemed to get a little careless when he threw that INT. He seems to do that from time to time.

You could tell they went into an offensive shell after the forearm issue, but it worked. The big plays on D were great. Bulluck is still my favorite player.

I'm ready to see Griff on the field for the defense.

Can't help but to think what our offense could be with a stud RB. Can Chris Henry be that? Most people would say no. We'll see. But LenDale is what he is, and while effective, we need a dynamic element.

Pit Bull #53
09-24-2007, 10:45 PM
Goin with old faithful for a while. Clover Jeez throwback

smittyjs
09-24-2007, 10:46 PM
I love keith Bulluck.... :), VY looked improve as a passer, only bad throw that stood out to me was the pick. White and CB are doing there part, defense made plays off of bad plays.

TitanHope
09-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Honestly, I do believe Bulluck sealed a spot on the plane to Hawaii tonight. Nothing will help him more than a game like this on primetime television.

smittyjs
09-24-2007, 11:06 PM
I love the attention from the media, and also is anyone laughing at the big deal there making at VY throwing 22 passes. Is this a suprise against weak saint secondary, not really LOL....

TitanHope
09-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Actually, I don't think our offense played to it's full potential tonight. Our defense played great though. Albert Haynesworth should get a big contract if he continues this type of play, and Keith Bullock is doing great. Those two guys are single handedly making our front seven look great, which in turn is helping our secondary since they don't have to cover a player for too long.

TitanHope
09-24-2007, 11:41 PM
I may be reaching a little bit, but Brandon Jones reminded me of Anquan Boldin tonight...

TitanHope
10-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Falcons at Titans this Sunday.

I think it will be closer than most think, but I believe the Titans will come out on top. Especially since we had the bye week to work on everything, and I don't think the players will take the Falcons for granted. Should be a good one.

Also, I hope Griffin plays this game. I want his physicality on the field.

TitanAddict
10-03-2007, 03:34 PM
I think it's time to take the training wheels off our defense and do some creative blitzing against Harrington. It would be good practice, and I don't think Harrington would handle it very well. Blitzing Peyton is one thing, but Joey Harrington is not Peyton Manning.

Pit Bull #53
10-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Well looks like I won't be able to see the game this weekend since I have to ******* work on Sunday because my boss is going to the UT-UGA game for the weekend. Our FOX channel at the store is showing the f'ing Rams.

TitanHope
10-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Well, I'm not exactly expecting this game to be one for the ages. But still, if there's a game, I wanna see it.

TiVo?

Geo
10-05-2007, 07:40 PM
I like the Titans in this game as well.

About blitzing Harrington: I wonder how accurate Harrington would be if the Titans just rushed their four active defensive lineman, which won't be an easy task for the Falcons offensive line, and dropped a linebacker or two in coverage.

Did the Titans keep their safeties deep against the Saints? I can't recall.

Cashmoney
10-05-2007, 11:06 PM
not only am i going to the UT vs. UGA game tomorrow, i also get to go to the titans vs. falcons game. this weekend is going to be the ****. tough break about the rams game pitbull.

TitanHope
10-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Did the Titans keep their safeties deep against the Saints? I can't recall.

I believe so. Chris Hope only had 3 Total Tackles and Calvin Lowry had 4 TOT's. Hope is the SS, and he usually plays closer to the LOS. Last year, when our defense was bad, Hope was in on many plays due to the opponent getting into the secondary. This year, not so much since the D-line has been near dominant. This is Lowry's first year starting, but he's a great tackler and is at least better than LaMont Thompson in coverage.

I'd be very comfortable with blitzing, but its not usually something we do. A rattled Joey Harrington is very nice.

smittyjs
10-07-2007, 02:58 PM
VY has looked TERRIBLE today, WHY don't he RUn the ball and we are trying to run the clock out, instead he thrwos it straight to a falcons player.

Pit Bull #53
10-07-2007, 03:29 PM
What a freakin pathetic performance by Vince, the offense, and special teams. VY looked like a damn high school QB out there today. Special teams were god awful too.

Vince needs to get his head out of his ass and quit worrying about being a pocket passer all the time, cause that's not what he is right now. He needs to use his legs more...there are several times in every game when he could pick up a big chunk of yards by running and he tries to force a pass instead.

I still mantain that we need a dynamic running back. Hopefully it's Chris Henry.

I love our defense this year. They were the only good thing to come out of this game.

I guess if you wanna look on the positive side of things you can say that every year there are a few ugly ugly games. This was one of them, and at least we won. A win is a win to me, but we need to clean it up.

smittyjs
10-07-2007, 04:07 PM
What a freakin pathetic performance by Vince, the offense, and special teams. VY looked like a damn high school QB out there today. Special teams were god awful too.

Vince needs to get his head out of his ass and quit worrying about being a pocket passer all the time, cause that's not what he is right now. He needs to use his legs more...there are several times in every game when he could pick up a big chunk of yards by running and he tries to force a pass instead.

I still mantain that we need a dynamic running back. Hopefully it's Chris Henry.

I love our defense this year. They were the only good thing to come out of this game.

I guess if you wanna look on the positive side of things you can say that every year there are a few ugly ugly games. This was one of them, and at least we won. A win is a win to me, but we need to clean it up.
I love the defense today, they played good football, but yeah VY needs to get over the fact that people call him a runner over a QB, why does he take it so personal and tries to prove he can pass every down in the pocket, as you stated why not run the ball when you can pick up a first down or a TD(Aka the Jags game). VY has to start running the ball more, it will also open up the passing game for him, and yeah i would like to see what Henry can do.

TitanHope
10-07-2007, 04:34 PM
You end up seeing it after all, Pit Bull?

Young being on the field actually hurt us more than it helped. Young can have games like these, but in the end, he comes through. He did not in this one, and it was quite the opposite. He did everything to give the game away. The Boley INT wasn't a big deal to me, and I credit it more for Boley being a great player and making a great play. The other INT was horrible decision making, and he tried to make a play instead of being wise. The last INT was just a horrible throw. Vince Young is not a pocket passer, and is just not there yet when it comes to passing. He does not have the accuracy, and most of his INT's are because of that.

The RB's were mediocre. White fumbled, and it was returned for a TD. Brown had a TD. I concur with Pit Bull in that we still do not have the future at RB, but I doubt that it's Chris Henry. As for the WR's, they did well considering what opportunities they had. Moulds made a great catch. Brandon Jones dropped a TD pass. There's nothing else rememberable. Also, we need an upgrade at tightend. Bo Scaife isn't as good as we think. There was a Troupe sighting in the 2-minute drill at the end of the second, but it's not like he adds much. The O-Line played well, as usual.

The defense played absolutely amazing. Odom had two unexcusable neutral zone infraction penalties, one of which cost us an INT. KVB and Fat Al are monstrous. Finnegan held Roddy White down, and Fuller returned an INT for a TD. Hope would have had an INT, but as I said, Odom screwed it up. Harper was hitting hard, and I'm convinced that he's not a zone corner trying to play man-coverage. Lowry defended a pass that would have been a big play. Outstanding job by them.

Special teams was bad. We gave up two big returns to Norwood. Chris Davis muffed a punt, but did have a nice return on one. Bironas made his kicks, and Hentrich played well. Craig made a great play on that punt block. Ken Amato allowed the guy to get through untouched, and instead of kicking it and allowing the Falcons to possibly recover it, Hentrich kept it and fell. He kept what was already a bad play from turning into a back breaking one.

I honestly have no idea how we won. 5 turnovers, and we gave Atlanta EVERY chance to come back. They had sooooo many chances, and somehow didn't capitolize. At one point, I was convinced we were going to lose because everything that could go wrong was going wrong. I am currently dumbfounded...

Cashmoney
10-07-2007, 04:35 PM
just got back from the game and all i have to say is thank goodness for our defense. it was like our offense and special teams were trying to find any way they could to give the game away.

Pit Bull #53
10-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Everyone is writing off Henry far far too early. There's no way you can say he's not the answer before he gets his fair shot. I still think he's gonna surprise.

Btw, Roos is a magician. He just made another DE disappear for 60 minutes.

TitanHope
10-09-2007, 12:05 AM
Chris Brown got beat out by a stoned Travis Henry last year. Chris Henry is having chances to play, but he's being declared inactive for every game. He's not outperforming anyone in practice. If we have to release Chris Brown this offseason in order for Henry to be able to be active on gameday, then that is a bad sign.

I'm not completely writing him off, but besides looking like Hercules, he hasn't given me any reason not to besides possibilities and potential.

Pit Bull #53
10-09-2007, 09:36 AM
Chris Brown got beat out by a stoned Travis Henry last year. Chris Henry is having chances to play, but he's being declared inactive for every game. He's not outperforming anyone in practice. If we have to release Chris Brown this offseason in order for Henry to be able to be active on gameday, then that is a bad sign.

I'm not completely writing him off, but besides looking like Hercules, he hasn't given me any reason not to besides possibilities and potential.

Yeah and LaMont Thompson was starting over Lowry and Fuller last year. Sirmon started over Tulloch. Hill started over Finnegan. Piller began the season as the starter and was only benched because of injury.

Come on now. This is the Fish we're talkin about here. I love him as a coach but this is what he does. You know he's not gonna play Henry this year when we have vets on the team.

stephenson86
10-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah and LaMont Thompson was starting over Lowry and Fuller last year. Sirmon started over Tulloch. Hill started over Finnegan. Piller began the season as the starter and was only benched because of injury.

Come on now. This is the Fish we're talkin about here. I love him as a coach but this is what he does. You know he's not gonna play Henry this year when we have vets on the team.

chris henry is mint on madden so that should translate into being good irl

lol

but yeh i reckon he will be good

stephenson86
10-09-2007, 05:07 PM
i REALLY want jonathan stewart, he reminds me of ronnie brown, but with better vision and better overall speed

TitanHope
10-09-2007, 06:09 PM
I know Fisher is overly loyal, but it didn't stop him from benching Brown last year in favor for Henry, who had served a suspension for marijuana, and White, a rookie. Plus, Brown was resigned last minute. It's not like this group of guys have been starters for the past 3 years. We have a 2nd year guy, a last minute option who was benched all last year, and a rookie. You'd think that out of that group, the guys who give us the best chance to win will be playing.

Pit Bull #53
10-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Hey stephenson...you happen to have that Haynesworth sig that you made me last year saved? Just wondering

TitanHope
10-10-2007, 02:23 AM
Anyway, onto the Tampa Bay game. What are ya'lls thoughts?

One thing is for certain, if Vince plays like he did against the Falcons, we lose. But I expect him to have learned from those mistakes, and I think he'll come back strong. Not to mention, his ole buddy Cato June will be trying to contain him, which will help a lot. I just think we're the better team all around.

My Key Matchups:

Kyle Vanden Bosch vs Anthony Davis: KVB has been great this year. Like Albert Haynesworth, he's on pace for over 100 tackles and 40 QB pressures. Luke Petitgout went down for the season earlier this year, so his backup will be playing for him. I'm anxious see see how the left side of the line does in handling Bosch Vader and Big Al. Because so far, no one can.

Vince Young vs Bucs' LBs: I think Vince was exposed last week by Michael Boley. This week it doesn't get much easier. I'm not worried by June, but Barrett Ruud is quietly becoming a force at MLB and Derrick Brooks, the ageless wonder, is always tough. I know Vince will have time to throw, but when he gets out of the pocket, I hope he maintains his cool unlike last week. Chow should prepare him for them.

Titans WR's vs Bucs Secondary: Don't look now, but Tampa Bay has a solid secondary. Lead by Pro Bowler Ronde Barber, they rank 9th against the pass (The Titans rank 10th, by the way). Two good cover corners and two safeties who can lay the wood. I'm not too worried since we've faced great secondaries this year, but with the way or WR's are playing, it's not a matchup we win on paper. But then again, we don't usually win any matchups on paper.

Albert Haynesworth vs All: I'll say it here and now, through 5 games this season, Haynesworth has been the best DT in the NFL. Expect him to eat TB's young OL alive.

This should be a low scoring matchup. Two great defenses and two mediocre offenses. Though, the Titans' defensive is better statisitcally in every area, aside Pass Def., than Tampa Bay's. I'm expecting many field goals. I don't expect turnovers from Jeff Garcia, and few big plays. TB's Top 2 RB's are hurt, and all they have is Earnest Graham and now Zach Crockett, who they just signed. Our Front 7 will make them one dimentional.

I'm giving the edge to Tennessee, since we have the better defense and rushing attack. We win a close one. Titans 19, Bucs 13.

Caddy
10-10-2007, 05:28 AM
Anyway, onto the Tampa Bay game. What are ya'lls thoughts?

One thing is for certain, if Vince plays like he did against the Falcons, we lose. But I expect him to have learned from those mistakes, and I think he'll come back strong. Not to mention, his ole buddy Cato June will be trying to contain him, which will help a lot. I just think we're the better team all around.

My Key Matchups:

Kyle Vanden Bosch vs Anthony Davis: KVB has been great this year. Like Albert Haynesworth, he's on pace for over 100 tackles and 40 QB pressures. Luke Petitgout went down for the season earlier this year, so his backup will be playing for him. I'm anxious see see how the left side of the line does in handling Bosch Vader and Big Al. Because so far, no one can.

Vince Young vs Bucs' LBs: I think Vince was exposed last week by Michael Boley. This week it doesn't get much easier. I'm not worried by June, but Barrett Ruud is quietly becoming a force at MLB and Derrick Brooks, the ageless wonder, is always tough. I know Vince will have time to throw, but when he gets out of the pocket, I hope he maintains his cool unlike last week. Chow should prepare him for them.

Titans WR's vs Bucs Secondary: Don't look now, but Tampa Bay has a solid secondary. Lead by Pro Bowler Ronde Barber, they rank 9th against the pass (The Titans rank 10th, by the way). Two good cover corners and two safeties who can lay the wood. I'm not too worried since we've faced great secondaries this year, but with the way or WR's are playing, it's not a matchup we win on paper. But then again, we don't usually win any matchups on paper.

Albert Haynesworth vs All: I'll say it here and now, through 5 games this season, Haynesworth has been the best DT in the NFL. Expect him to eat TB's young OL alive.

This should be a low scoring matchup. Two great defenses and two mediocre offenses. Though, the Titans' defensive is better statisitcally in every area, aside Pass Def., than Tampa Bay's. I'm expecting many field goals. I don't expect turnovers from Jeff Garcia, and few big plays. TB's Top 2 RB's are hurt, and all they have is Earnest Graham and now Zach Crockett, who they just signed. Our Front 7 will make them one dimentional.

I'm giving the edge to Tennessee, since we have the better defense and rushing attack. We win a close one. Titans 19, Bucs 13.

Just thought I'd point out that Donald Penn, not Anthony Davis will be starting at LT this week barring any unusual circumstances.

I also agree that Haynesworth has been a monster this year but I don't think he will eat our young O-Line alive. He may however push John Wade around. Our guards are quietly becoming a force but John Wade can at times be a liability.

Geo
10-10-2007, 10:24 AM
If Haynesworth keeps playing like he has been playing, then the Bucs are going to have a constant problem on their hands. However, their excellent signing of Jeff Garcia this offseason may help alleviate that, if Garcia can move out of the pocket and accurately deliver the ball for positive gains.

TitanHope
10-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Just thought I'd point out that Donald Penn, not Anthony Davis will be starting at LT this week barring any unusual circumstances.

I also agree that Haynesworth has been a monster this year but I don't think he will eat our young O-Line alive. He may however push John Wade around. Our guards are quietly becoming a force but John Wade can at times be a liability.

My bad. Davis was listed on Yahoo as the starter at LT for ya'll. That's what I get for looking to Yahoo for my NFL info. ;)

Why do you have young italicized? You have Trueblood and Joseph, who are in their second years, and Sears, who is a rookie. Penn is the same age as Trueblood and Joseph, so I'll assume he's in his second year too. Wade is the oldest by far, but apparently is the weaklink. Not that it's a big deal.

I like the Tampa Bay offensive line, but Penn, a backup, Sears, a rookie, and Wade, a liability, will have to contain Kyle Vanden Bosch and Albert Haynesworth. You think they will be able to?

Caddy
10-11-2007, 12:01 AM
My bad. Davis was listed on Yahoo as the starter at LT for ya'll. That's what I get for looking to Yahoo for my NFL info. ;)

Why do you have young italicized? You have Trueblood and Joseph, who are in their second years, and Sears, who is a rookie. Penn is the same age as Trueblood and Joseph, so I'll assume he's in his second year too. Wade is the oldest by far, but apparently is the weaklink. Not that it's a big deal.

I like the Tampa Bay offensive line, but Penn, a backup, Sears, a rookie, and Wade, a liability, will have to contain Kyle Vanden Bosch and Albert Haynesworth. You think they will be able to?

I italicized the young because although they are young, they do not play that way. I think Sears can more than hold his own in the NFL and yes I think he will be able to help contain KVB. The main problem will be Wade containing Haynesworth. Tampa has had very little trouble containing outside rushers this year eg Peppers, Smith, Grant, Kerney, Little, Mathis, Freeney etc although a lot of that has to do with Garcia eluding lineman in the backfield. As long as Garcia keeps his feet moving, the Titans won't get more than 2 sacks on the game.

TitanHope
10-11-2007, 12:57 AM
The Titans only had 2 sacks against the Falcons, 0 against the Saints, 2 against the Colts, and 2 against the Jags. Haynesworth only has one sack the entire season. It's not necessarily that they sack the QB, its the numerous times they pressure him and hit him. Garcia will be moving...a lot.

And for the record, I hope Haynesworth doesn't eat Arron Sears.

Caddy
10-11-2007, 02:52 AM
The Titans only had 2 sacks against the Falcons, 0 against the Saints, 2 against the Colts, and 2 against the Jags. Haynesworth only has one sack the entire season. It's not necessarily that they sack the QB, its the numerous times they pressure him and hit him. Garcia will be moving...a lot.

And for the record, I hope Haynesworth doesn't eat Arron Sears.

Garcia moves a lot in every game so I don't expect that to be a major issue. He has been pressured numerous times and has still only been rarely sacked. Garcia is one of the toughest QB's on the league and one of the few who doesn't slide when he runs the ball. He is one tough of the toughest players going around.

stephenson86
10-11-2007, 09:07 AM
Hey stephenson...you happen to have that Haynesworth sig that you made me last year saved? Just wondering

i will look for u

stephenson86
10-11-2007, 09:08 AM
i dont but do u want me to make u one?

Pit Bull #53
10-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Sure if you want to. No rush

stephenson86
10-11-2007, 01:47 PM
will have it later...itll be like my J stew

TitanHope
10-13-2007, 03:14 AM
It's Saturday, and so far only me and the Bucs Team Leader have discussed the game... :P Cha'mon guys!

stephenson86
10-13-2007, 05:45 AM
ok here goes nothing
heres my basic view
tennessees defence will ***** the bucs offence because of the lack of a run game we will be able to focus on the pass more, therefore bucs wont score much
tennessees offence will be able to work long drives and pick up points
tennessee win and big al becomes even more of a god

Caddy
10-13-2007, 07:06 AM
With such a convincing argument, why even bother contemplating a Buccaneer win?

Yes we've already established the Buc's running game is hugely suspect, but there has been little indication that Garcia won't be able to handle extra responsibilities.

The Tennessee offense, like the Buc's will not be able to score off numerous long drives. In my opinion, the teams whose defense plays best will win the game and field position will play a huge role.

Pit Bull #53
10-13-2007, 10:29 AM
The reason I think we'll win (this should be no surprise...all Bucs fans think they will win, and all Titans fans think they will win..that's just the way it's gonna be when two tough teams face each other):

Titans' defense has 7 INT's vs. a league-low 2 TD passes allowed.

They have held opposing QB's to a passer rating of 59.7, which is also the lowest in the league.

They have allowed opponents only 14.8 points per game, which is tied for 5th lowest in the league.

Titans' D has allowed opponents to score only three TD's in 12 trips to the red zone, for a 25% success rate. At this point, the Titans have the best red zone defense in the NFL.

After 4 games, the Titans defense has yet to allow a single point in the 4th quarter, the only team in the league to accomplish this.

Officially, the Titans defense is allowing 72 rushing yards per game and 3.8 YPC. HOWEVER...if you take out a 49 yard fake punt by the Falcons in which our actual defense wasn't on the field, then our allowed rushing yards per game drops to 60, #1 in the NFL, and opponents YPC drops to 3.15, #3 in the NFL.

And, if you want to go a little deeper, according to Football Outsiders, Tennessee's defense is ranked #1 in DVOA, which is their own detailed evaluation system that can be read here: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/methods.php#dvoa

The first few of those were taken from a post by nine over at titanscentral, who I know reads and posts over here a lil bit. And I added the last few myself.

TitanHope
10-13-2007, 05:57 PM
I like Nine's posts. When I see he's made a thread or a post, I make it a priority to see what he says.

Here's one of my better posts from the TB Gameday thread:

Your defense gave up 400 net yards of offense to the Colts, who were without Addai and Harrison. Your "INT picking" (secondary) allowed Manning to complete over 78% of his passes without those weapons (Harrison and Addai). Kenton Keith ran for 121 yards against your super fast LB's. Compare it to the Titans who gave up 381 net yards. We held Joseph Addai to 81 yards (Keith only had 1 rush for 2 yards) and only allowed Manning, who had Harrison, to complete 66.7% of his passes. The only statistic that you guys outperformed the Titans defense was in how many yards you allowed Manning, which was 253 for the Bucs to 312 for the Titans. But given the fact that Manning had to throw because they couldn't run it, I'm not too worried. The Titans defense is also the only unit in the NFL to not allow a single point in the 4th quarter, which is exactly the time a defense shouldn't give them up.

Our lousy corners and suspect safeties aren't quite lousy and suspect, and I'm not expecting Garcia to burn them. He's averaging only 40 more pass yards per game and one more TD pass (this season) than Vince Young, who apparently blows as a passer. The Titans also have beaten better teams, though its not a large difference. The 3 wins ya'll have are against teams who combined are 3-11. Our wins are from teams who combine to go 4-9. Our one loss was to an undefeated team by 2 points. You lost to the same undefeated team by 19 points and to another winning team by 14. An interesting thing is that we both beat New Orleans 31-14.

I'm not expecting Vince to throw much. He only throws around 20 times a game anyway. In our offense, its run, run, pass. I don't care how fast a linebacker is. When he's tired from tackling a RB and trying to figure out if the RB has the ball or the QB is bootlegging it, he won't be very successful. Vince doesn't run much. He runs when he has to, which is usually in the 2nd half.

This will be a defensive battle, and I think the team with the best running game wins. And since I think the Titans have both the better defense and rushing attacks, I'm giving the edge to them.

TitanHope
10-14-2007, 01:14 PM
No way in hell Buchanon caught that in bounds. Way to blow the call ref.

That's two drives that we've moved the ball well and it ended in a turnover.

TitanHope
10-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Vince pulled his quad. Don't expect him to go back him. He could hurt himself even more. Lets hope Kerry can keep us in the game.

KCisaGOD!!!

Pit Bull #53
10-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Time to activate Henry...we have no big play ability on offense.

Our rushing attack is very overrated. We are a middle of the pack running team at the moment.

LenDale is fat and slow and should be a short yardage and goal line back. He is very good at falling forward and getting 2-3. So we should only put him in the game when we need 2-3. If he ever breaks a 30 yard run I would **** my pants.

Finnegan is awesome, but Harper's ball skills are VERY VERY VERY reminiscent of Rey Hill. Not a good thing. I cringe every time a ball hangs in the air for more than 3 seconds going towards him.

Pac is missed so much on special teams it's not even funny.

WR's played decently, but we need some gamebreakers on offense.

Can't win them all. Tampa played well and won the game fair. No excuses about that.

Geo
10-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Was Chris Brown injured? Because I thought he would be the feature back today, Fisher opting for Brown's speed over White's power running against the speedy/light Bucs defense.

stephenson86
10-14-2007, 04:17 PM
now do u see why i want J Stew, lendale is ****

Pit Bull #53
10-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Was Chris Brown injured? Because I thought he would be the feature back today, Fisher opting for Brown's speed over White's power running against the speedy/light Bucs defense.

They never really said anything about it, but Brown did limp off the field once and didn't really do much afterwards.

TitanHope
10-15-2007, 12:57 AM
It sucks that we didn't have Vince at end game, but Collins put is in a position to win and our defense gave it up at the end.

I think the defense played well. Giving up only 13 points on the road is great, and they only allowed 30 yards to Tampa. They forced Garcia to scramble constantly, and if he wasn't the QB he is, then that would have beein their demise. Unfortunately, he was able to complete passes. The DEF only game up 3 successful drives all day, but they only needed 3.

The offense is atrocious. Every skill position can be upgraded. LenWhale had 25 rushes for 64 yards. Thats less than 3 YPC! If he goes for 100, which most good backs would do, then we'd be in a better chance to win. Chris Brown gives us a game breaker, but he's inconsistent. I want to activate Chris Henry just so we know what we have in him, because if he's a dud, then we need to persue another RB in the offseason. Vince did well until we was hurt, and we had 2 good drives that ended in turnovers. In a game like this, its turnovers and mistakes that hurt you. We lost that category, despite winning in almost every other aspect.

This was a tough road game, and we lost at the last second by a FG when our starting QB was injured for most of the second half. I'm not devastated. Houston, Carolina, and Oakland are next uo and we can win all of those games.

smittyjs
10-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Bradon Jones out for atleast 2 - 3 weeks, thats sucks.....

TitanHope
10-16-2007, 03:13 PM
It sucks that we lost Jones for a bit, but Justin Gage really impressed me last week. His height and leaping ability works well with Vince's uncanny knack for throwing the ball somewhere around 5 yards around the general vicinity of the reciever. It's a shame we may be without Vince next week, but this is the chance for the receivers to show what they can do. They'll have a polished passer throwing to them and will be up against a bad secondary. I have faith my brothas!

TitanHope
10-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Andre Johnson isn't playing this weekend against the Titans. (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6339/news) I don't know what his official listing is on the Injury Report is though. Still, good news for us.

stephenson86
10-20-2007, 11:06 AM
we gotsta win

TitanHope
10-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Well, Kerry Collins will be starting soooooo...

TitanHope
10-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Looking good so far. Chris Henry has touched the ball 4 times behind the line of scrimmage and has gotten 20 yards out of it. I love what I'm seeing from him. His acceleration adds another aspect to this offense that Brown and White can't.

Griffin also has 3 tackles solely from playing on special teams. :)

MicktheGreat
10-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Some half-time thoughts from the Titans-Texans game:

OFFENSE:
Collins has looked sharp so far today. Aside from the fumble (which wasn't really his fault), he hasn't shown the poor decision-making that he showed in limited time against the Bucs. A lot of Collins' success so far is because our OL is playing really, really well with keeping the Texans' young, talented DL at bay. Lendale White continues to be master of the 3-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust running style (but Fisher & Co. seem content with that). Chris Henry finally got some playing time and looked good catching the ball out of the backfield (which is what Titans' staff have been saying for some time) -- he had one great reception where he sped up, kinda spun, and fell backwards for the first-down. Justin Gage has already shown more consistency in the past couple of games than he showed in all his time with the Bears (he's looking like a real solid FA acquisition at this point). Roydell Williams continues to show the potential to be a big-play WR and a good #2 WR in the NFL (now all he needs is a STUD WR opposite him to take some of the pressure). Bo Scaife re-appeared this week and Collins is definitely looking to get him the ball -- his fumble was a classic example of trying to do too much on a play.

DEFENSE:
Our defense OWNS Sage Rosenfels -- in just a few plays, we picked off one of his passes and caused a fumble. Of course, Rosenfels is only in the game because the defense is putting Schaub under a TON of pressure. Cortland Finnegan continues to be a good blitzer off of the corner; and Nick Harper has played really well. Our LBs & Safeties have completely shut-out Texans' TE Owen Daniels (whom I thought was our biggest threat in this game). Just like all season, KVB & Haynesworth have been causing a lot of problems for the Texans' OL -- but Haynesworth has somehow got to learn to play with some (marginal) manner of control because if he keeps racking up personal fouls, he's going to get suspended (and we need him in the games to win the games). As great as our defense has been this year, I think this is the most dominant performance by them that I've seen so far...very impressive.

SPECIAL TEAMS:
Michael Griffin has looked PHENOMENAL so far (receiving and in-coverage). It seems like he's in on every single special teams play. I only wish that he got more PT in the secondary. As far as punt returns go, Chris Davis isn't quite on Pacman Jones level, but he's pretty darn good. Rob Bironas has earned his paycheck this week.

Pit Bull #53
10-21-2007, 02:16 PM
TD Chris Henry. Hells yes

TitanHope
10-21-2007, 02:47 PM
We're up by 25, and in true Jim Shwartz fashion, we give them a window back in. Awesome...

TitanHope
10-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Why are there LINEBACKERS trying to receive an onside kick?!?!

TitanHope
10-21-2007, 03:34 PM
Holy Crap!!!

TitanHope
10-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Great day for the rookies:

Griffin:

5 solo tackles on special teams. He was a ST monster today.

Henry:

11 runs for 57 yards, 5.2 YPCarry, Long of 24, and a TD.
2 rec for 12 yards, 6 YPCatch, Long of 12

jayceheathman
10-21-2007, 11:05 PM
Great day for the rookies:

Griffin:

5 solo tackles on special teams. He was a ST monster today.

Henry:

11 runs for 57 yards, 5.2 YPCarry, Long of 24, and a TD.
2 rec for 12 yards, 6 YPCatch, Long of 12

I guess we have to give credit where credit is due. You guys destroyed us for 3 quarters even without VY in under center.

Pit Bull #53
10-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Henry back down. Brown back up. Unfortunately.

Son of a *****, Fisher is bullheaded

TitanHope
10-23-2007, 09:44 PM
Damn...well, at least we had a glimpse of what he can do. And against a solid front 7 too. It's just a matter of time until Brown breaks his pinky and is out for 5 weeks.

Pit Bull #53
10-23-2007, 10:02 PM
In my opinion this is the worst week to deactivate Henry. Raiders are allowing like 5.2 YPC. I'm sure LenDale will do his damndest to ensure they allow about 3.5 this week.

Maybe Brown can be the one to break off some long runs but he's so goddamn streaky and inconsistent it makes me wanna kick somebody. All he has to do is chip a toenail and he automatically goes into "running in quicksand" mode.

But yeah, I guess Chris Henry is a rookie and can't be trusted and still has to earn his time. Whatever the **** that means. I think it's pretty clear that our offense needs someone that can be a threat to take it to the house at any time. But all we wanna do is take the air out of the ball, stall at the 15 and let Bironas set records. Screw the endzone.

TitanHope
10-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Is he going to be inactive?

Pit Bull #53
10-23-2007, 10:32 PM
I'd think so because we always go with 2 active RB's and a FB. I think they are keeping Ganther active for FB/ emergency RB.

Pit Bull #53
10-25-2007, 08:27 AM
Read the Tennessean, looks like Griffin is gonna get some playing time on defense this Sunday. Fish won't say where he's putting him though. My bet is at FS.

TitanHope
10-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Ganther plays FB? I thought he was a scat-back type when we drafted him. Besides, we have Hartsock and Cramer. I thought at least one of them could play FB.

Griffin getting any playing time at any position is great news to hear.

stephenson86
10-26-2007, 06:07 PM
i love mike griffin, i love chris henry, been 100% behind these picks since they were made, gutted the fish is a dick

Pit Bull #53
10-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Reinfeldt said on the radio that Griffin has basically forced them to play him with how much he has excelled on special teams and in practice.

Now the question is gonna be where does he get his work at?

TitanHope
10-27-2007, 11:14 PM
...i love chris henry, been 100% behind these picks since they were made...

Says the man with a Jonathan Stewart signature... ;)

It's great to hear about Griffin doing well. He'll probably be put in for nickelback, which is fine. Special teams and practice are one thing and real game speed is another. I'd prefer for him to get worked in slowly by playing nickelback.

Also, there are rumors about the Titans looking into Grady Jackson after Cory Simon's retirement. He seems to be the top DT available, and we only have 3 DT's currently.

Pit Bull #53
10-27-2007, 11:16 PM
Not sure who else is available at DT, but I bet if Grady doesn't sign with us that we'll bring back Mahelona. Which isn't necessarily a good thing since he never did much.

TitanHope
10-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Yeah. I like Jesse since's he's a Vol Alumni, but he couldn't even make it on the worst team in the NFL's practice squad. Jackson is my preferred option, but we need someone else. Do we have any DT's on the practice squad? Sucks that Antonio Johnson is out...

TitanHope
10-28-2007, 05:37 PM
I'll post my 2nd Half thoughts later. I didn't see the 1st Half, so can somebody fill me in?

MicktheGreat
10-28-2007, 06:02 PM
My notes from today's game vs. Raiders...

1. VY's passing woes continued today, as he had a phenomenally low 42 total passing yards. I'm all about the Titans winning regardless of stats; however, VY looks really hesitant right now. There were a couple of times where he should've run and he didn't. There were also a couple of mis-snaps between he and Mawae. Our offense isn't looking very good right now and, as much as I love VY, he absolutely has to take some of the blame for our recent low-scoring output.

2. Lendale had a couple of nice long runs -- making that two weeks in a row where he's done that. In fact, if I'm remembering correctly, he had another 25-yd. run that was brought back on a penalty (holding on Mawae, I believe). Chris Henry continues to surprise me, as I was a huge critic of the Titans taking him in the 2nd round. There's not doubt in my mind that Henry should remain the #2 RB even when Brown gets healthy. Unfortunately, it seems almost certain that Fisher (who loves his vets) will choose Brown over Henry. If the combo of Lendale/Henry can continue to make strides, then the Titans might be OK next season at RB.

3. Our DL looked incredible today. KVB and Haynesworth were all over the place (as usual). However, Tony Brown also had a good game and was consistently disrupting running plays in the backfield. And Odom had, in my opinion, his best game of the year. He was absolutely relentless today and had someting like 3 deflections.

4. As TitanHope said, rookie Michael Griffin didn't have any huge plays, but he didn't give up any huge plays either. Overall, a good effort in his first start.

5. One bad thing that I noticed today: our CBs (Finnegan & Harper) were getting out-muscled by the Raiders' WR (Porter & Curry). Both Finnegan & Harper are smaller CBs -- and thus far in the season, teams hadn't taken advantage of that. Fortunately for the Titans, Daunte Culpepper is the Raiders' QB -- otherwise, the Raiders' WRs might have had bigger days.

6. The Raiders had something like 12 penalties today. In many ways, they outplayed the Titans for the majority of the game. If the Raiders hadn't played so sloppy (with all those penalties), they probably would've beaten us today since our offense was really struggling.

Pit Bull #53
10-28-2007, 06:11 PM
I agree that VY has pretty much stunk this year, but how about a lil help? Ganther bobbled then dropped an easy TD pass, Roydell had one bounce off his chest in the middle of the endzone, and Troupe missed a semi-difficult TD catch. Wasn't a very easy catch, but I've rewatched it a few times and it was definitely catchable had he given max effort for it.

stephenson86
10-29-2007, 09:20 PM
Says the man with a Jonathan Stewart signature... ;)

It's great to hear about Griffin doing well. He'll probably be put in for nickelback, which is fine. Special teams and practice are one thing and real game speed is another. I'd prefer for him to get worked in slowly by playing nickelback.

Also, there are rumors about the Titans looking into Grady Jackson after Cory Simon's retirement. He seems to be the top DT available, and we only have 3 DT's currently.

wheres the harm in wanting someone who will no doubt be a 1400+ feature back year in year out no problem

combine that wil a runner who could potentially get 1400 year in year out and we have 2800 yards rushing minimum a year, plus VY about 3300 logic is flawless

along with the 4500 season passin we will gain just short of 8000 yards of offense add in some third string runners some WR reverses about 8000 yards rushing

then we have about 1500 return yards and about 500 PR yards

RECORD BREAKING 10000 yard season for the titans, all because we drafted J Stew

and CHisaGOD

TitanHope
10-29-2007, 10:12 PM
I have no comeback to that, except that we'll have 3 backs on the roster who could gain 1400 yds a piece, so it would be 4200 yds from the RB's. Other than that it's completely true. JStew FTW!!!

stephenson86
10-30-2007, 07:35 PM
corrected, a record breaking 14000+ yard season

TitanHope
10-31-2007, 06:35 AM
Huge game this weekend. The Colts, Jaguars, and Texans could all lose their games this week, so if we win, we're automatically one game up on everyone in the division. Either way, we can't afford to lose a game with Jax on our tail. Huge game with them next week too.

stephenson86
10-31-2007, 08:36 AM
i think we can win against them, how are they going to score?

Cashmoney
10-31-2007, 11:58 AM
i think we can win against them, how are they going to score?

steve smith?

better qustion, can we score?

Turtlepower
10-31-2007, 12:02 PM
steve smith?

better qustion, can we score?

Final score will be 3-2.

TitanHope
11-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Great win today. It was sloppy with the turnovers and penalties, but it was decisive. Not quite 3-2.

We're 6-2 now, and Jacksonville, San Diego, Denver, and Kansas City all lost today. I do believe we're now the definite leader for the AFC Wild Card slot now. If any Titans fans would have guessed this start, they would have been roasted in NFL Forum.

TitanHope
11-04-2007, 09:19 PM
My review of the game...

Offense

Vince actually played well today. He completed around 61% of his passes, and had a rushing TD. He led 3 scoring drives of 10+ plays, including a TD on the very first drive which I thought was huge. The bad notes were the 2 INT's. On one INT, Roydell Williams stopped early on his route and Ken Lucas caught it in the end zone. I blame that equally on both players. I forgot when Cooper caught the other INT, so if someone could refresh my memory that would be nice. Young took 3 sacks, which is average, but a few should have been avoided. He threw for 110 yards and ran for 25 yards, which was good against a very underrated defense. He still has a way to go with his passing, but he'll get there. Fortunately, we can win with performances such as this. Just limit the INT's.

The running backs players well, but not as great as usual. Again, this is a solid defense and it boasts a great front seven of Julius Peppers, Kris Jenkins, Mike Rucker, Thomas Davis, and Jon Beason. LenDale had his 3rd consecutive 100-yard game and scored his 5th TD this season. His YPC was a meager 3.2 and he did have a lost fumble, though. Chris Henry had -3 yards on 3 carries, which was horrible. But with his off the field issues and lack of carries, we can't realistically expect too much. He did have a great KO return and a 1st down on a screen pass, and I hope he gets more chances in those areas.

The receivers had an average game. Ben Troupe dropped a 1st down pass which killed a drive, and both Roydell and Brandon Jones stopped short on routes. But there were a few good catches, so we gotta take the good with the bad. The passing game as a whole still has areas where it can improve. Jones did have a great reverse, though. I'm not expecting Givens back this season, and I think a set WR lineup would be nice. I don't like the "WR by committee" approach, and think that it would be best for Vince to create a chemistry and rappaport with only 2-3 WR's.

Defense

The defensive line is playing out of their minds. They notched 7 sacks by 5 different players! Albert Haynesworth stamped his ticket to the Pro Bowl today with 3 sacks, and this guy needs to be resigned. KVB, Brown, and LaBoy had a sack each. Hell, LaBoy even had an INT! Along with their great pass rushing effort, they also stopped the run once again. Carolina only ran for 78 net yards and a YPC avg of 3.5. Thats great, and the best thing is that that is over the average of yards that the Titans give up. I can't say enough about this DLine.

The LB's had to do with the great pass pressure and run stuffing. David Thornton had a sack, and is quietly leading the team in tackles. Bulluck had a quiet day, and so did Fowler. The DLine's dominance made the LB's day very easy.

For the secondary, Michael Griffin played great today. You didn't hear his name much, but I saw him up with the LB's and deep in the secondary. He's so versatile, and made a HUGE TD saving PD. He convered his WR, came to help Finnegan, and timed it perfect. It was great. Harper had 2 PD's, and as usual, Finny was all over the place. Chris Hope had his second game with an INT, and I hope that trend continues. The secondary shut down Steve Smith, and held Carolina to 113 net yards passing, and a sub-56% comp percentage.

Special Teams

Rob Bironas was money. 2/2 FG and 2/2 XP. Hentrich had 5 punts for a 41 Avg, and dropped 2 inside the 20. Not to mention he launched a rocket out of our endzone to prevent Carolina from getting great field position. Henry had a great KR to start things off, and it helped us score early. Chris Davis had a respectable 12 YD AVG of on punt returns, with a long of 39, but he had trouble with one. That Ben Troupe grab was funny. Moral victory for him. Plus, our return coverage was great. Good day for the special teams.

I guess I was at the right place at the right time. I’ve got a technique that works for me now and I’m just going out there using it and having fun. But just credit them (sacks) to the whole D-linemen. If it weren’t for them being right there in their (Panthers’) face, I couldn’t get those sacks. It was a good thing but, we just wanted to stop the run and get after the quarterback. We knew (David) Carr would feel the rush, because he’s always worried about us. And knowing this year that we’re better, we knew he might be kind of extra scared, or worried about our defense. So we wanted to get after him. He held the ball a real long time so it gave us a chance to get there. I appreciate him holding the ball so long to help us out.

Overall it was a good game. We had too many penalties and too many turnovers, but we defeated a winning team by double digits. And I'll take that every time. We have a big game next week against Jax, who lost big to New Orleans today. Currently we're second in the division, and are only 1 game behind Indy. If we win next week, we'll be 7-2 and we'll have a firm grip on the 2nd spot in our division by knocking Jax to 5-4. As for right now, I think we're the odds on favorite for the Wild Card. Friggin awesome...

Pit Bull #53
11-05-2007, 07:16 AM
I gotta disagree on your first point. I thought Vince played bad. The 2nd INT was horrible. Roydell (I think) was running deep down the sideline, Vince stepped up in the pocket to about the LOS and threw it into the end zone where it was tipped and intercepted. Roydell was open. The pass was late and underthrown. And to top that off, no one was within 20 yds of VY when he threw it. He could have ran for 10-15 easily...everyone in the stadium could see that.

I also thought LenDale played well. You can't look at the numbers with him. This is exactly what Fisher wants. LenDale is gonna be our starting RB for a long time because Fish loves him. He's gonna put up numbers similar to what Eddie did, just without the physique. 30 carries for 100 yards...that is Fisher's dream RB. We drafted Henry to be the backup/home run threat/pass catching option/maybe even KOR, but we drafted LenDale to be the workhorse so we better get used to it.

And lastly, I gotta give props to Finnegan. When you are there live and can actually watch him every play, it's pretty awesome. He never backs down from anybody and is always looking to scrap. This kid is borderline dirty and I love it, lol. Not to mention he's turning into one HELL of a corner and most don't even know who he is.

Cashmoney
11-05-2007, 09:35 AM
my dads been saying all season that cortland finnegan is our best player, and im starting to believe him.

TitanHope
11-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Roydell definitely stopped short on his route. If he kept running, he would been in the corner of the endzone where the ball was throw. But he stopped, and the ball went over him and was caught unopposed by Ken Lucas. If Roydell would have kept running, he would have at least been able to knock the ball down or try to keep Lucas from intercepting it.

Either way, I think his play yesterday was an improvement. If Vince can get just one TD, and a RB scores of we score some other way, I think we'll be able to win any game. With our defense, 20 points can beat any team.

TitanHope
11-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Jaguars DT Marcus Stroud's 4 game suspension was activated today. Which means he won't play in our game this Sunday with Jax. Great news, but they just signed Grady Jackson so it's not like some cupcake backup will be starting instead. We played Jackson already once this year when we played Atlanta, and Vince didn't have his best game that time and the Jags always give Vince trouble. Lets hope this is not the case this week.

Cashmoney
11-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Jaguars DT Marcus Stroud's 4 game suspension was activated today. Which means he won't play in our game this Sunday with Jax. Great news, but they just signed Grady Jackson so it's not like some cupcake backup will be starting instead. We played Jackson already once this year when we played Atlanta, and Vince didn't have his best game that time and the Jags always give Vince trouble. Lets hope this is not the case this week.

are you sure jackson played that game? i was at that game and i seem to remember him not being in uniform. i could be mistaken however.

TitanHope
11-06-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm pretty sure. It says that Grady tallied 5 tackles in the Falcons/Titans game in the box score on Yahoo.

Cashmoney
11-06-2007, 11:34 PM
damn i couldve swore i saw him in a tshirt and sweats on the sideline. the falcons must have someone else on their team pushing 400

stephenson86
11-07-2007, 08:50 AM
we will top the jags, indy will lose then we will be in second tied with indy, we will keep tied with them until we beat them in the last game of the season, then we will go on to butt ram the pats and win a superbowl...finally

TitanHope
11-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Mark Schlereth just predicted that the Titans will beat the Jaguars 13-12... I dunno if I should be happy or disappointed...

TitanHope
11-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Looks like the only winner of this game will be Albert Haynesworth. With him on the DLine, we're a Top 3 defense. Without him, we're bottom feeders.

TitanHope
11-11-2007, 03:07 PM
David Stewart got raped today. Vince played one good quarter, and sucked the rest. Haynesworth didn't play, and our defense was average at best. LenDale probably got around 10 carries, and left the game due to injury or since we were forced to pass from then on. Reynaldo Hill had to go in for Harper, and they targeted his side when he was in. Just wasn't our day, and I can't really point the finger at one person. Just an all around poor showing.

The Unseen
11-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Good game y'all. The game probably would have been different if Fat Albert were playing, as he is a beast.

TitanHope
11-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Good game. Haynesworth would have helped with the running game, but you guys were missing Stroud. You GM also prepared by getting Grady Jackson. Ours went after Demetri Veal. You guys deserved it. I don't think Haynesworth's addition would have meant a Titans win today. It may have been closer, but it was a matter of execution moreso than personnel.

Pit Bull #53
11-12-2007, 11:10 AM
So uhhh that got ugly quick.

Basically a carbon copy of the 1st game with the roles reversed. We got our asses whipped on both sides of the LOS.

Stewart had his worst game as a pro. Finny finally had an off game. Griffin didn't do too hot.

Vince was bad again despite the good yardage numbers passing and running. I really really really hate our offensive gameplan going into games. We play it so close to the vest and conservative that it forces the QB to be perfect to sustain any offense.

We ALWAYS start off the game running and throwing short. Well guess what? When your RB is slow and you rely on short passes, you have to put together 10+ play drives to score TD's. Can't do that with an inefficient QB. Despite the INT's, he looked alot better when we went no huddle, spread the field out more, and put him in the gun some. He threw downfield more, and he ran more successfully.

We need to get Justin Gage on the field more. God....typing that made me realize how sad our offense is. We need Justin freaking Gage on the field more. Let that sink in.

TitanHope
11-19-2007, 05:06 PM
We may not have Haynesworth or Harper tonight...

Also, I hate Merril Hodge...

Pit Bull #53
11-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Fat Ass strikes again

TitanHope
11-19-2007, 09:10 PM
1st QTR Negatives:

Brandon Jones - Drops a perfect pass that would have definitely been a big play.

Justin Gage - Drops a pass that would have been a 1st Down. We then punt, and its returned for a TD.

Offensive Line - Played bad. Their run blocking was bad. Eugene Amano sucked, and allowed pressure on almost every play. The OT's have done well. The Inside guys not so much.

2nd QTR Negatives:

Eugene Amano - Called for a holding penalty.

Leroy Harris - Called for a holding penalty on a kickoff.

LenDale White - Fumbled in Denver territory, which would have led to points. Then, Denver marches down the field and scores a field goal. That is on LenDale and the coaching staff, since they replaced Chris Brown who was playing very well with LenDale and then he fumbled on his 1st run back.

Cortland Finnegan - Called for a pass interference penalty on a throw that may not have been catchable and allowed Denver to have a 1st Down in the Red Zone.

Roydell Williams - Dropped a pass that would have allowed us to have a 1st and Goal with only seconds left, or maybe even a touchdown.

Its odd. Vince Young is playing great, but the rest of the team is mediocre or worse. Jones made a good catch for a TD, and Scaife had that catch but got screwed over by the officials. Chris Brown did well in the limited time he had. Its time to bench LenWhale for Chris Brown cause he is too slow and can't cut it against this defense, which is a defense that is poor against the run!

aNYtitan
11-19-2007, 10:21 PM
I think Lendale has actually been pounding the ball well, except for that one fumble. Vince hasn't looked better this season. We just really need Haynesworth back on that line. Also, my god have we killed ourselves with dropped balls. The Scaife play was excusable because the officials blew the call even though it was close just looking at it in real time. However, players like Roydell Williams, Justin Gage and Brandon Jones have shot us in the foot with dropped passes for big gains. That is what has really hurt us. The pass defense has been awful as well, as Reynaldo Hill is getting beaten by Marshall

TitanHope
11-19-2007, 11:06 PM
3rd QTR Negatives

Calvin Lowry - Gave up a TD by going for the PD instead of the tackle.

Bo Scaife - Dropped pass that would have been a big gain.

Officials - Sucked major ass this game.

Chris Davis - Muffed another punt! Luckily we recovered it, but still. He shouldn't return another punt again.

Safeties - Injuries to both Hope and Griffin. Thankfully, they weren't serious.

Brandon Jones - Fumble, but even though Amano recovered it, we lost the 5+ yard game Jones would have had and we went back to the LOS.

4th QTR Negatives

Michael Griffin - Slipped and fell on his butt, which is why Andre Hall was able to run for the TD. Reynaldo Hill also whiffed on the tackle.

Justin Gage - Dropped a pass for a 1st Down.

Ben Troupe - Caught a kick return for whatever reason and tried to return it, and didn't do sqaut with it.

Daniel Loper - Personal foul on a kick off/return.

Donnie Nickey - Personal foul on a kick off/return.

Michael Roos - Gave up a sack, which ended in a loss of 17 YDS.

Eric Moulds - Dropped pass.

Vince Young - INT in Denver territory.

Vince Young - INT in Denver territory.

Ewing
11-19-2007, 11:06 PM
That was the single worst prefromance by a group of receivers I've seen in my entire football viewing life. I counted at least five drops and at least two of them would have resulted in points. That is inex-****ing-cusable. All of them, even Bo Scaife, should be running laps around the stadium.

Pit Bull #53
11-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Michael Roos - Gave up a sack, which ended in a loss of 17 YDS.

I didn't get to rewatch that play, but when it happened I was almost positive that was supposed to be a screen pass to Scaife.

TitanHope
11-19-2007, 11:16 PM
I counted 6 total drops.

Brandon Jones dropped a perfect deep ball, and probably would have gone all the way or at least get downed in field goal range. That cost us points.

Justin Gage dropped a 1st Down pass, and though it was thrown at bit behing him, he had his hands on it. That would have continued a drive, but instead we punted and it was returned for a TD.

Roydell Williams dropped a pass at the end of the 1st Half, and it would have at least given us a 1st and Goal. That cost us points.

Bo Scaife dropped a wide open pass that would have likely been a 30+ yard gain.

Justin Gage dropped another pass that would have given us a 1st Down.

And Eric Mould also dropped a pass, but I forget how critical it was.

6 Total drops, and 2 cost us points and would have been game changers. Pathetic.

Pit Bull #53
11-19-2007, 11:18 PM
On the Jones drop, he was about to get creamed by the safety. The only way he scores is if he makes that guy miss, and since he was in a vulnerable position, I think he would have gotten smashed.

TitanHope
11-19-2007, 11:18 PM
I didn't get to rewatch that play, but when it happened I was almost positive that was supposed to be a screen pass to Scaife.

I don't think so. Roos definitely got beat inside by Dumerville, and if it was a screen pass it took a long time to develop. I saw it live, then a replay of it and thats what I gathered from it. If you can rewatch it, I'd like to know what exactly happened.

TitanHope
11-19-2007, 11:21 PM
On the Jones drop, he was about to get creamed by the safety. The only way he scores is if he makes that guy miss, and since he was in a vulnerable position, I think he would have gotten smashed.

That makes little difference. If thats the case, he's either a soft wussy and didn't want to get hit, or he lacked concentration and simply dropped it. He may have gotten hit by a safety, but thats his job and why he gets paid hundred of thousands of dollars. It may not have ended in a touchdown, but it would have been a huge gain, a confidence booster, and a momentum changer.

Pit Bull #53
11-19-2007, 11:26 PM
I thought the biggest play in the game was LardAss's fumble.

TitanHope
11-19-2007, 11:32 PM
It was definitely huge. You just can't fumble in the opposing team's territory. That cost us points too. I feel so bad for Vince...

Ewing
11-20-2007, 12:23 AM
I counted 6 total drops.

Brandon Jones dropped a perfect deep ball, and probably would have gone all the way or at least get downed in field goal range. That cost us points.

Justin Gage dropped a 1st Down pass, and though it was thrown at bit behing him, he had his hands on it. That would have continued a drive, but instead we punted and it was returned for a TD.

Roydell Williams dropped a pass at the end of the 1st Half, and it would have at least given us a 1st and Goal. That cost us points.

Bo Scaife dropped a wide open pass that would have likely been a 30+ yard gain.

Justin Gage dropped another pass that would have given us a 1st Down.

And Eric Mould also dropped a pass, but I forget how critical it was.

6 Total drops, and 2 cost us points and would have been game changers. Pathetic.

1st Round: DeSean Jackson
2nd Round: Limas Sweed/James Hardy
3rd Round: Earl Bennett

How's that sound?

TitanHope
11-20-2007, 08:48 AM
Well, we'll finish well enough to not be able to draft Jackson (Unless we bomb and lose out). Hardy won't be there in the 2nd, but Sweed might. I dunno if Earl Bennett will declare, and if he does he's at least a 2nd RD pick.

1st RD: Malcolm Kelly/James Hardy
2nd RD: Martin Rucker
3rd RD: Dre Moore/Red Bryant (Trade up possibly for these 1 of these 2, so we can stop the ******* run.)

Cashmoney
11-20-2007, 01:00 PM
its obvious WR and DT are our two biggest needs, DT is still a major need even if we re-sign haynesworth because he's gonna get hurt every year guaranteed. Im thinking at this point it's more like:

1) Malcolm Kelly, Mario Manningham, or James Hardy
2) Dre Moore, Frank Okam, or Fili Moala, Earl Bennett
3) Martin Rucker, John Carlson, Fred Davis, Best CB available or maybe even Jonathan Goff
3)

TitanHope
11-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Not to mention, Tony Brown is great in rotation and is a solid starter...when he's beside Albert Haynesworth. Brown is probably borderline 300 lbs, and is a pass rushing DT. Team him up with Randy Starks and Demetri Veal, two other DT's in the pass rushing mold, and we'll get run on. Veal was a DE in Denver, and is probably around 290. Starks is probably the biggest of the 3. Reinfeldt really, really screwed up by not getting Grady Jackson. Demetri Veal over Grady Jackson when its apparent we need a run stuffer? C'mon...

This loss started at the top, and ended at the bottom. It's a shame.

Geo
11-20-2007, 04:45 PM
I was very impressed with Vince Young last night, in his progression as a passer. He was crisp for most of the night, delivering perfect spirals to tight windows where only his receivers could catch them, and he was using his legs to move around and deliver the ball. In addition, he used his legs and speed to carry the ball and move the chains when there wasn't anything there. As I said, I was quite impressed.

Obviously, the receiving staff let him down something fierce by the many drops. It's a tough pickle to be in, as you want to draft a young stud receiver to pair with Young for the next ten years or so, but wide receiver is a position that takes a few years to develop and fully contribute at your talent. The Titans need a veteran really, but how hard is it to find and how much does it cost to find a legit veteran #1 to lead a young receiving core like the Titans have. We haven't seen the best the current Titans receivers have to offer, these guys are all so young other than Eric Moulds whose best days are behind him.

TitanHope
11-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the words, Geo.

The problem with the WR's in their consistency. And its the same thing with Young. You can't really guage how well the WR's are playing when Vince is playing bad, and he has been bad this season. They are young, so they have more time, but they had a chance to prove people wrong that Vince needs better weapons and in the end justified that claim.

I agree with you on the vet, but I also believe a WR early is needed. A very polished WR who won't take terribly long to develop. And by the time a WR is drafted, Vince Young will be going into his third year and should have improved more. Hopefully he'll be a polished enough passer to help an inexperienced receiver out. Then the vet will also be there to help out, and our current WR's can play Slot.

Who's my #1 FA WR on my wishlist? D.J. Hackett.

Pit Bull #53
11-20-2007, 10:05 PM
You can cross off any giant DT off your wishlist unless he has quickness and really good movement skills. We're not gonna get a fat immovable DT. Washburn doesn't want that at all...we're not a 2 gap team.

And I want Kelly because he has great hands.

Ewing
11-21-2007, 12:33 AM
Maybe we could try and trade our first round pick for a stud receiver.

stephenson86
11-21-2007, 02:49 PM
randy moss pleaseeeeeeeeee

TitanHope
11-25-2007, 03:25 PM
That was absolutely horrific. Jim Schwartz should be on the hot seat.

Geo
11-25-2007, 03:33 PM
I know Haynesworth was playing at a Pro Bowl/All-Pro level, but wow. The Titans defense really dropped off for these two games, granted they had to play two road games in the span of 7 games, but the defense played far better than this.

The Titans now play two consecutive home games, against the Houston Texans (5-6) and the San Diego Chargers (6-5 or 5-6 after today). They need to win both and work from there to get back near the front of the playoff race.

TitanHope
11-25-2007, 04:09 PM
I think its a known fact among Titans fans that this really isn't supposed to be our year to make a playoff run. Frankly, we're just along for the ride. Next season is when we're supposed to make noise.

Nevertheless, the past 3 games have been pathetic for the defense. Jim Schwartz should be worried. His defense was ranked 32nd last season, and without Haynesworth, his DEF looks just as bad. To my knowledge, his scheme is to get the 4 DLinemen to get pressure on their own and for the LB's and DB's to cover. Well, without Haynesworth, the front 4 can't get pressure so the QB just picks us apart. Does he blitz? Nope. He'll occasionally send in a CB blitz, but thats really it. So our secondary gets carved up, but its their fault too. Finnegan is a bit overrated by Titans fans, and Harper gives too much of a cushion. Hope's been injured twice in the past two games, and Griffin is a rookie and it shows.

Then, our DLine can't stop the run and gets pushed around by the opposing team's OLine. I still think Reinfeldt screwed us when he didn't sign Grady Jackson. I know Pit Bull says a "big body" doesn't fit our scheme, but our scheme isn't working. 2 pass rushing DT's are not going to stop the run, but unfortunately, they're all we have to put out there.

If Haynesworth isn't made the highest paid defensive player this offseason, I'll be ticked. Contract season or not. If Haynesworth is in the line up, we're one of the best defenses in the league. If he's not, we're back at the bottom.

Ewing
11-25-2007, 04:15 PM
God damn son of a ***** that ****ing sucked. Time to can Jim Schwartz. No way does the abscence of one guy make your defense that bad. And that one guy better get a massive deal from us.

TitanHope
11-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Not to mention, the only receiver worth retaining is Justin Gage. It seems that him and Young are confortable with each other. Roydell Williams can't run routes well, and Brandon Jones is injury prone and unreliable. Moulds will be gone after this season anyway. Chris Davis could be a solid slot guy, and Paul Williams needs more work. Scaife is a good #2 TE and can play the H-Back role, but thats it and he's not reliable either. Troupe is amazing...on Madden.

Lets be real. The defense sucked today, but the offense was only able to put up 6 points against one of the worst defenses in the league.

Cashmoney
11-26-2007, 02:48 AM
pur defense is offensive. and me, titanhope, pitbull, ewing, and stephonson couldve gone out there and put up 6 points on the bengals defense.

Pit Bull #53
11-26-2007, 11:16 AM
I think if Fisher would have challenged the Gage would-be TD catch, it would have been overturned. He got one foot down easily, would have had the other down, but was knocked out of bounds and clearly had control of the ball. It was a great catch.

Wouldn't have changed the outcome I don't think (can't really remember what point of the game it happened to be honest), but I think it would have been a TD.

Cashmoney
11-26-2007, 12:16 PM
i dont think you can challenge a push out if thats the play youre talkin bout

TitanHope
12-01-2007, 12:27 AM
It appears that Albert Haynesworth is gonna play Sunday. Thats gonna be a big boost to our DEF.

stephenson86
12-01-2007, 02:32 AM
if we win...he has to be resigned

TitanHope
12-02-2007, 04:57 PM
Great win today. Kevin Vickerson looks to be a good signing.

smittyjs
12-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Haven't posted in awhile, so i'm back. I was at the game today and had a great time, VY looked good, his only mistake was the pick, White looked pretty good and i'm starting to like the Gage pickup alot. Defense was making some play and Fat Albert really helped us today, and Griffin got his first pick today :).

Pit Bull #53
12-02-2007, 06:34 PM
LenDale's hand looked naaaasty.

The defense still doesn't look the same to me, but hopefully this was a step back in the right direction.

stephenson86
12-02-2007, 06:52 PM
coz big al wasnt at full steam

TitanHope
12-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Well, we were missing Chris Hope, Travis LaBoy, and had a 70% Albert Haynesworth out there. LaBoy should be back by next Sunday, and Fat Al should be healthier. Don't know about Hope though...

Cleveland lost today, and so did Jacksonville, so we're back in the Wild Card race. We have SD, at KC, NYJ, and at IND for the next 4 games. I think we have the ability to go 3-1 in that span, or at least 2-2. 10-6 or 9-7 sounds really good.

stephenson86
12-04-2007, 06:10 PM
we should make the playoffs

Pit Bull #53
12-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Albert is starting today. And Biren Ealy is on our active gameday roster...maybe we'll get to see him out there at WR. I'm interested to see what he's got.

Pit Bull #53
12-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Finnegan, Albert, and Stewart are our enforcers. They play mean and I love it. Pretty funny to watch.

Did anyone see in the game last week the shot of Albert pacing back and forth in front of the HOU OL. He looked like he was about to snap. It was pretty awesome.

TitanHope
12-09-2007, 04:35 PM
This one really stings. Really stings...

But, do not forget that San Diego is still an excellent football team, despite their record, and has so much talent. And we took it to them. They won in the end, and only because our DL was exhausted. That shows that we definitely need DL depth in the Draft. But I think we showed that we are one of the most physical teams in the league.

Anyway, I think Merriman's late hit on Vince was deliberate, and that Chamber's 4th Down catch hit the ground. But, we gotta take it like a man and our team needs to win out. We can do that with the Chiefs, Jets, and Colts coming up. I hope the team gets mad about this one, and goes out with authority in KC.

Pit Bull #53
12-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Playcalling really baffled me today. Backed up in our own endzone, in OT mind you, we run up the gut twice in a row with the slowest RB in the league for a grand total of 2 yards. All the while knowing full well that if we go 3 and out they will only need to gain about 15 yards to be in FG range against an exhausted defense. It was so predictable it made me sick to my stomach. I put that on Fish.

I was also STUNNED that on one of the most critical plays of the game, the catch by Chambers, under 2 minutes left in regulation, with one of the supposed "top CBS crews", that they could only muster ONE camera angle for the replay. And just for kicks, that camera angle happened to be BEHIND THE RECEIVER. That was pretty unbelievable.

Geo
12-09-2007, 04:51 PM
One camera? That's puzzling/disappointing.

I was wondering why that play stood, but I flipped the channel to another game and didn't stay to find out.

TitanHope
12-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Yeah, I believe there were two separate shots, but they were from practically the same angle; Behind the receiver, so you could not clearly see if he caught it cleanly or used to the ground. But! After Chambers is rolling over, you can clearly see the ball being in contact with the ground. To me, it looked like the typical trap catch, but the Ref stated that there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call. Had the play been overturned, we would have won.

There's a Titans fan on TitansCentral that has a conspiracy theory against Carrollo, so that will be a fun read. No way in hizzell I'm going over there now. Those guys go crazy after a loss.

Pit Bull #53
12-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Yeah, I believe there were two separate shots, but they were from practically the same angle; Behind the receiver, so you could not clearly see if he caught it cleanly or used to the ground. But! After Chambers is rolling over, you can clearly see the ball being in contact with the ground. To me, it looked like the typical trap catch, but the Ref stated that there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call. Had the play been overturned, we would have won.

There's a Titans fan on TitansCentral that has a conspiracy theory against Carrollo, so that will be a fun read. No way in hizzell I'm going over there now. Those guys go crazy after a loss.

There was definitely only 1 shot. The only other thing they gave was a zoomed in version of the same angle. There was just no way it could be overturned, because you literally could see nothing. If it would have been called incomplete on the field, it would have stood after review also. It sucks major ass, and should never happen like that with all the camera's the have at an NFL football game with the top early game crew, but them's the breaks sometimes.

TitanHope
12-09-2007, 05:24 PM
I thought I saw two slightly different angles, but you're likely right. It would be stupid to have two cameras at the exact same spot. Either way, I agree with you. That was pathetic on CBS's part.

Cashmoney
12-09-2007, 09:33 PM
I dont understand with 2:34 or whatever it was left on third and four we throw the ball and stop the clock for the chargers when if we ran the ball and didnt get the first down they wouldve either had to burn their last timeout or let it run down to the two minute warning. bad playcalling + VY + no receivers = frustrating season.

stephenson86
12-11-2007, 12:47 PM
we wont get to the superbowl, maybe not the playoffs, but we HAVE to have a good FA and draft, IMO we are one of the WORST teams for picking players and picking them up

Cashmoney
12-11-2007, 01:35 PM
we wont get to the superbowl, maybe not the playoffs, but we HAVE to have a good FA and draft, IMO we are one of the WORST teams for picking players and picking them up

I dont know who a lot of the FA's this year will be but if we can get asante samuel and a DT in FA, that would be excellent so we could use our high picks on offensive players that hopefully have some speed.

Pit Bull #53
12-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Any of yall read Barking Carnival?

Cashmoney
12-11-2007, 08:55 PM
no, do explain...

Pit Bull #53
12-11-2007, 09:21 PM
It's a blog a Titans fan writes up every week after the games. He's hilarious, I've been reading since the start of the season...here's this weeks entry

http://www.barkingcarnival.com/doperbo/titans-week-14

TitanHope
12-16-2007, 10:42 PM
We needed that win today.

Vince played well, as did the WR's. The DEF looked beaten up by their sloppy play. Haynesworth barely played. Griff had his 3rd INT in as many games. First win at Arrowhead in 17 years.

Also, if we win out and Cleveland or Pittsburgh loses, we move into the 6th Seed of the Playoffs. :)

Cashmoney
12-17-2007, 12:23 AM
i think cleveland has to lose its last two games for us to make the playoffs since they have the tiebraker on us. im not a pessimest but i think its very unlikely we make it.

TitanHope
12-17-2007, 11:08 AM
If everyone wins out or we lost one more game, we miss the Playoffs. But...

Titans have 4 ways to reach the playoffs. They have to win out and have one of the following happen...

1. Browns lose to Bengals.
2. Jags lose to Raiders AND @Texans
3. Steelers lose @Rams and @Ravens
4. Steelers lose @Ravens and Titans win SOV (very possible).

Right now, the Steeler's victims had 53 wins and the Titans victims had 48 wins. The Titans still play an 11 win Indy team (assuming they win today) and a 3 win Jets team. The Steelers only win in this scenario would be over a 3 win Rams team, which gives us a 6 game edge at this time.

1. The Browns should be favored over Cincy, but thats a rivalry game. It should be close no matter what, especially Cincy still has the offense to move on a poor Cleveland DEF.

2. I think this is least likely to happen, but you never know. The Raiders gave Indy trouble, but Jax will be at home. Then, they're @Houston which is very loseable and Jax has always struggled with Houston. The Raiders game is the definition of "Trap Game," being after the big win @Pitt and before the division game @Houston. It could happen.

3. The Steelers have been struggling. They should handle the Rams, but SJax is rolling and Fred Taylor just ran over Pitt. Then they play Baltimore, a division rival. Not to mention, Brian Billick may be coaching for his job and the Ravens were embarrassed by the Steelers on MNF a few weeks back. Two teams with horrible records, but they're not gimme wins.

4. As I said, they could lose to the Ravens. If they do, we'll hold the harder schedule with a 12+ win team in Indy still left to play.

Last year, it looked near impossible to make the Playoffs, yet everything happened that needed to. This year we have a better chance. We don't control our own destiny, but we're not out of it by any means. Here (http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/titanscentral/vpost?id=2364334&trail=15) is the rest of the thread on TitansCentral.

stephenson86
12-18-2007, 04:17 AM
also indy will not risk starters before the playoffs against us, they NEVER play manning etc if they have secured the top seed they can

TitanHope
12-23-2007, 07:01 PM
I just wanna say...

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!! !

Cashmoney
12-23-2007, 11:42 PM
One down, an even bigger one to go....

TitanHope
12-28-2007, 03:06 AM
We should be able to win at Indy. If we can't, then we don't deserve to be in the Playoffs anyway.

Kinda odd that last year we had to play New England, and this year we have to beat Indy... Ima assault the scheduler...

Cashmoney
12-28-2007, 11:27 AM
yea hopefully this years final regular season game outcome will be better.

Pit Bull #53
01-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Scaife is out for the rest of the year with a lacerated liver. Troupe or Cramer will start at TE. If Troupe doesn't start, then you know for a fact that he is finished here.

Also Roydell hurt his ankle in practice today. No word on the seriousness or if he will play or not Sunday.

TitanHope
01-03-2008, 01:42 PM
If Troupe doesn't start over Hartsock, I'd be very surprised. But I think it was a foregone conclusion that Troupe is done here anyway. He's better than Hartsock, so if he doesn't start, that just really shows that he doesn't fit our system at all. I'm guessing they'll 60/40 for plays, though. Even when all were healthy, 'Sock played.

I hope Roydell can still go, but the only injury I'm concerned about is Young's...

Cashmoney
01-03-2008, 01:49 PM
We are such an injured team, id say it would take our absolute best plus some luck to win this weekend.

aNYtitan
01-03-2008, 02:44 PM
It may look like one and done for us, but if there is one inconsistent QB besides Eli Manning, it is Philip Rivers. Enough pressure on him to make them completely a one sided offense and we might have a shot. We really do need Vince to carry this team in the playoffs, and I hope he is healthy enough to fo it.

Pit Bull #53
01-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Roydell has a fractured ankle and is out.

TitanHope
01-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Props to Fisher for keeping the team in winning shape this season despite all the injuries. Honestly, I don't see why people dislike him as a HC.

As for Roydell, that sucks. But, it will give Moulds more playing time, and I like his experience in the Playoffs. Not to mention, if there's a catch we need to have, it seems Moulds is the one to make it. His tight-rope catches are awesome.

stephenson86
01-05-2008, 03:12 AM
is jones back in the team?

Geo
01-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Congrats about the Titans getting into the playoffs, guys. If they can find a way to score 24 points, they can win imo.

TitanHope
01-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the words, Geo. Congrats to the Colts as well, and good luck to ya'll against the Chargers/Jaguars.

yourfavestoner
01-06-2008, 11:46 PM
I was rooting for you guys today. VY still needs work, but I think getting him a big time target will do him a lot of good.

Pit Bull #53
01-06-2008, 11:56 PM
He needs alot of work. A lot. So does the whole offense.

Troupe looked like a damn idiot out there trying to block Shaun Phillips (the fact that we had Troupe on Phillips is maddening in itself) several times.

Christina Brown is still the same RB he been the last few years. He shouldn't be back with the team next year.

Chris Henry is a terrible KR. Way too early to tell as a RB. Should have had Griff back there.

Olson probably gonna retire. Mawae has about 1 year left in him. I think Amano can play either RG or C well enough. They seem to like Harris as a replacement also. We'll see how they pan out as full time players though.

The WR's we put out on the field today were god awful. Eric Moulds and Chris Davis are really good............at running 5 yard routes. That is about it, they are both slow. At least Moulds is big, Davis is small and slow. Gage played well all year but he is a complementary player and his hands can be suspect at times. With no other threat on the field, he can be neutralized easily. Roydell seems to be the only guy we have that can get a little separation downfield and make tough grabs. We could have used him today.

Cashmoney
01-07-2008, 12:03 AM
MY See ya later list
-Randy Starks
-Bryce Fisher(How do I never see him on the field?)
-Any LB not named bulluck, tulloch, Fowler, or Thronton
-All the backup CBs
-Any WR not named roydell williams or justin Gage
-Ben troupe
-Benji Olsen, Kevin Mawae
-Chris Brown

Pit Bull #53
01-07-2008, 12:07 AM
Randy Starks is so bad it's not funny. I remember when we drafted him people were saying he was the steal of the draft. And he had a really good first season. Since then he has been a complete turd. He's listed at like 312 but he looks tiny out there and gets pushed around like a damn girl.

Pit Bull #53
01-07-2008, 12:15 AM
By the way, I hope Tulloch is the starter at MLB next year. The last few games he's played have been very good. He needs to work on his drops in coverage, but from what I've seen, I think he plays the run better than Fowler. He is quicker to the ball and seems to have really good instincts.

Cashmoney
01-07-2008, 12:33 AM
By the way, I hope Tulloch is the starter at MLB next year. The last few games he's played have been very good. He needs to work on his drops in coverage, but from what I've seen, I think he plays the run better than Fowler. He is quicker to the ball and seems to have really good instincts.

I definitely agree with you there.

TitanHope
09-09-2009, 08:22 PM
IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!!!

...er, well, technically it'll be in Pittsburgh, but still!

Here's the injury report:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/167714/Capture1_medium.jpg

Hopefully Mouton and Washington will be good to go. Cook not participating at all in practice probably means he'll be inactive tomorrow. :(

Looks like Pittsburgh will be without Timmons though, so that's good for us.

I've got an avy bet riding on this with HinesWardJr, and I don't play on losing Sophia Bush!! <333

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Come On Titans!!!!! You Have To Win This Game. The Ravens Are Rooting For You!!!!!

TitanHope
09-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Come On Titans!!!!! You Have To Win This Game. The Ravens Are Rooting For You!!!!!

Lol, thanks R/W/O! Good luck to ya'll in your game too. Who're ya'll playing? The Browns, right? That'd be an easy win. ;)

NFL Capsule - NFL - Yahoo! (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-thursdaysnflcapsule&prov=ap&type=lgns)

TENNESSEE (13-3) At PITTSBURGH (12-4)

8:30 p.m. ET, NBC

OPENING LINE— Steelers by 5 1/2 .

RECORD VS. SPREAD— Tennessee 12-4-1, Pittsburgh 11-8.

SERIES RECORD— Steelers lead 41-30.

LAST MEETING— Titans beat Steelers 31-14, Dec. 21, 2008.

TITANS OFFENSE— OVERALL (21), RUSH (7), PASS (27)

TITANS DEFENSE— OVERALL (7), RUSH (6), PASS (9)

STEELERS OFFENSE— OVERALL (22), RUSH (23), PASS (17)

STEELERS DEFENSE— OVERALL (1), RUSH (2), PASS (1)

STREAKS, STATS AND NOTES— Teams also met in 2005 opener, with Steelers winning 34-7 as Willie Parker(notes) ran for 161 yards in first career start. Steelers would go on to win Super Bowl. … Over the last 10 seasons, the Steelers (100-59-1) owned NFL’s third-best record and the Titans were fifth (96-64). Each made playoffs six times. … Tennessee has won four of last five in series. … Titans QB Kerry Collins(notes) (37,393 yards passing) ranks behind only Brett Favre(notes) (65,127) and Peyton Manning(notes) (45,628) among active QBs. … K Rob Bironas(notes) was cut by Steelers in 2004 before hooking on with Titans in 2005. Since then, Bironas is 109 of 129 (84.5 percent) on field goals to Steelers K Jeff Reed’s(notes) 94 of 112 (83.9 percent). … First regular-season game for Titans since star DT Albert Haynesworth(notes) signed with Redskins. … WR Nate Washington(notes), Steelers’ No. 3 receiver a season ago, signed with Tennessee. He has been plagued by injured left hamstring. … Parker averages 97.2 yards in September, with nine 100-yard games. … Steelers return all but three starters from team that won second Super Bowl in four seasons. New starters are RG Trai Essex(notes) (replaces injured Darnell Stapleton(notes)), LB Lawrence Timmons(notes) (replaces Larry Foote(notes), now with Lions) and CB William ***(notes) (replaces Bryant McFadden(notes), now with Cardinals). Timmons (high ankle sprain) isn’t expected to play and would be replaced by Keyaron Fox(notes). … Steelers have won last six openers and their 38 wins in home openers lead the AFC. … Steelers won nine of final 10 last season, counting playoffs, with only loss to Titans during next-to-last week. … Steelers are 16-3, including playoffs, when S Troy Polamalu(notes) makes an interception. … Steelers LB James Harrison(notes), 2008 Defensive Player of the Year, is second in AFC with 24 1/2 sacks since 2007. Texans’ Mario Williams(notes) has 26.

^END CAPSULE

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-09-2009, 10:20 PM
We actually play the Chiefs so we will be ok

CashmoneyDrew
09-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Game starts like right when I'm getting out of class, so I'll have to hustle home. Usually I'm too cool to run when I'm on campus, even when I'm late for class. But, I'll probably make an exception here.

stephenson86
09-10-2009, 04:31 AM
its my girlfriends 21st birthday today......:( lol

aNYtitan
09-10-2009, 10:26 AM
its my girlfriends 21st birthday today......:( lol

Sucks for you my friend. But maybe you can take her to a sports bar

Ha

TitanHope
09-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Cook and Mouton are officially out for tonight's game. Washington will be active, though.

Slightly apprehensive about whoever the returner will be for tonight's game. Normally, it wouldn't bother me, but ST's play could be a deciding factor in a close game against the Steelers.

TitanHope
09-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Helluva game so far. 2 missed FG's sucks, but aside from that, I'm pleased cosidering the situation.

I'd like to see a few more blitzes with Tulloch/Bulluck. The way Big Ben holds the ball, a delayed blitz would be successful. Also want CJ to get more touches.

Polamalu out for the rest of the game. That's HUGE!

TitansCJftw
09-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Also want CJ to get more touches.

X2 X3 X21309812039 :)

TitanHope
09-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Brutally obvious that this was Cecil's first game. *shakes head*

Bye bye Sophia... :(

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/7654/sophiabush1.gif

aNYtitan
09-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Disappointment right there. The missed FG was huge, the blocked FG was huge, but it was the horrible defensive playcalling that cost us the game. Constant sending 4 and dropping 7 into coverage was horrible. I hope Cecil can get this worked out before the next game

TitansCJftw
09-10-2009, 11:14 PM
agreed letting rothburger have all day was total BS, as always for me too more touches for cj please i mean he does not touch the ball enough period

CashmoneyDrew
09-10-2009, 11:15 PM
:( :( :( :( :(

TitanHope
09-10-2009, 11:21 PM
Disappointment right there. The missed FG was huge, the blocked FG was huge, but it was the horrible defensive playcalling that cost us the game. Constant sending 4 and dropping 7 into coverage was horrible. I hope Cecil can get this worked out before the next game

Overall it was bad. In the grand scheme of things, Cecil and the DEF only help the Steelers to 13 points. Offense only scored 10 points, and that's not enough to win games.

This game was all about missed opportunities. 2 missed FG's (1 blocked), freak fumble by Scaife (Why are we haunted by random fumbles?!), special teams were outta whack... Just wasn't meant to be.

Lets look on the bright side. We just took the Super Bowl Champs to overtime on their homefield. Our 1st RD rookie WR looked awesome. The DL and Jason Jones looked great (until they got gassed from Pitt's no-huddle). The Titans proved that they're still a legit team to be reckoned with.

Home-opener against Houston is next. I'm looking forward to seein' 'em take out their frustration on them.

DoughBoy
09-10-2009, 11:57 PM
It was a good game. CJ def should have been used more and the offense needs to stop with the stupid turnovers and mistakes when we are driving the ball. Cecil and Bironas lost this for us but we still looked good and we still are a playoff team. Jason Jones and William Hayes need more snaps IMO.

TitansCJftw
09-11-2009, 12:38 AM
wtf is up with your steeler avatar things did i miss an interesting bet? haha

Diehard
09-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Disappointment right there. The missed FG was huge, the blocked FG was huge, but it was the horrible defensive playcalling that cost us the game. Constant sending 4 and dropping 7 into coverage was horrible.

I was really surprised by that, as the Steeler's OL looked pretty shaky against the blitz. Big Ben's tendency to hold on to the ball means he'll find that guy who comes free when the coverage breaks down... or take the sack if you can get there. If I'm Fisher, I'm bringing the heat.

As a long time Broncos fan, I've suffered watching miserable special teams for quite a while now (though maybe things will be different this year?). It was unfortunate to see your boys struggling with that last night. Hopefully it was just an aberration and Bironas will get back to his usual form next game.

CashmoneyDrew
09-11-2009, 01:53 PM
I'm not sure we can really lay all the blame on Bironas for the missed FGs. The first one was a horrible snap that Craig Hentrich had to do an excellent job just to catch and put on the ground. But, I think the bad snap didn't allow Hentrich to cleanly set the ball up in the proper position which probably caused the first miss. For the second one, it was a block and I haven't seen any good replays of it so I can't really tell if the block was because the kick was too low, or if it had something to do with the o-line's blocking or Pittsburgh just made a great play.
What was most concerning to me about last night was how little we ran the ball and how little our defense adjusted in the second half....

TitanHope
09-11-2009, 02:39 PM
wtf is up with your steeler avatar things did i miss an interesting bet? haha

I lost one with HinesWardJr. DoughBoy lost one with himself. ;)

TitanHope
09-13-2009, 03:22 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090909/capt.9e7e25776d61449ba5f2e0e640521acc.titans_steel ers_football_ny182.jpg

Teehee...

TitanHope
09-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Titans should be completely 100% healthy this Sunday against the Texans, aside from Bo Scaife who'd be held out as a precaution if his swelling hasn't diminished. Nate Washington, who played around 25 snaps against the Steelers (basically half of what a starting WR typically sees), will see much more action. Ryan Mouton will be back and will compete with Cortland Finnegan for the starting Punt Returner position. And possibly most exciting, this'll be the first game ATH Jared Cook will play in. Cook outproduced Kenny Britt in the preseason, and Britt saw a ton of action against Pittsburgh. With Bo Scaife's knee banged up, Cook may very well be our #1 receiving TE.

For Houston, they're hoping for CB Jacques Reeves and FS Eugene Wilson to be back for Sunday's game. Reeves broke his leg in training camp, but participated in practice Wednesday. Wilson, as you all know, was the receiver of Brett Favre's illegal crack-back block during the preseason. Wilson hasn't played since, but he also practiced Wednesday.

So it looks like both teams will be at full strength. Should be a good game. I hope the DT's come through big this game. Haynesworth always ate the Texans OL up, and would even tease about injuring Matt Schaub since Fat Al has sent him to the sidelines multiple times. Now, I'm not looking for JJ to break Schaub in half, but him, Tony Brown, Jovan Haye, and Kevin Vickerson against the Texans' inside OL is something the Titans need to win in order to win the game. If they don't, winning becomes a more difficult task.

aNYtitan
09-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Jason Jones is going to break Schaub in half. Mark it down.

And what is Cook going to be, 2nd TE, or 3rd string behind both Crumpler and Stevens?

TitanHope
09-17-2009, 01:52 AM
And what is Cook going to be, 2nd TE, or 3rd string behind both Crumpler and Stevens?

I label Cook as more of an ATH, than anything. That means that he doesn't have a set depth chart. He goes in when they need him to create mismatches, and comes out when they don't. So he'll even be on the field while the other TE's are, and I bet Crumpler and Cook see the most time out of the 4 TE's this Sunday.

We'll see how he does though.

TitansCJftw
09-18-2009, 05:08 PM
i wouldnt be shocked at all to see cook in the slot or maybe even split out some, i mean he is one of the most if not the most athletic pass catcher(s) on the team i loved what i saw from this guy in preseason(besides blocking but he can work on that) cook reminds me more of errr like a vincent jackson(i know cook doesnt quite have the wheels jackson does) than your standard tight end

TitanHope
09-18-2009, 08:17 PM
i wouldnt be shocked at all to see cook in the slot or maybe even split out some, i mean he is one of the most if not the most athletic pass catcher(s) on the team i loved what i saw from this guy in preseason(besides blocking but he can work on that) cook reminds me more of errr like a vincent jackson(i know cook doesnt quite have the wheels jackson does) than your standard tight end

Definitely. He kinda reminds me of Ben Troupe. He doesn't have the overall athleticism of Troupe, but Cook seems to be more polished receiving and possesses an IQ over 70.

I don't really consider Cook as a TE either, and I like your example of Vincent Jackson. Cook really is more like a big WR than he is a TE, so I expect him to be used that way.

Thornton has missed practice this week, so there's a chance he may miss Sunday's game. That'd mean either Gerald McRath, Stanford Keglar, or Colin Allred would get the start.

TitansCJftw
09-18-2009, 08:57 PM
and possesses an IQ over 70.

i was following and agreeing with you all the way but i didnt get or maybe understand the iq thing? btw i dont know much about troupe if it had something to do with him

CashmoneyDrew
09-19-2009, 12:33 AM
i was following and agreeing with you all the way but i didnt get or maybe understand the iq thing? btw i dont know much about troupe if it had something to do with him

He's just referring to how Ben Troupe was a bust because of the mental side of the game and not the physical side. Ben Troupe just could not grasp a playbook and had to be brought in on certain packages because he couldn't handle learning all of the plays.

TitansCJftw
09-19-2009, 01:12 AM
ah i see thanks for clarifying

TitanHope
09-19-2009, 02:30 AM
Yup, Voodoo nailed it. Also, if someone has an IQ of 70 or below it means that the person is legally ret*rded. Troupe had all the talent in the world, but the guy's head was as thick as a brick. You don't have to be a genius to play football, but a player has to make up for it with instincts, effort, and talent. Troupe had the talent, but not the instincts or intellect to succeed in the sport. He was an "athlete" and not a "football player," as scouts would put in. Hopefully Cook is more of a "football player."

Sorry about confusing ya on that CJftw! :)

TitansCJftw
09-19-2009, 12:24 PM
come on man give me a little more credit than that my iq isnt 70! i just didnt understand who you were trying to call stupid or what that was all about haha :)

TitanHope
09-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Lol, I wasn't calling you stupid, CJftw! I guess I can get overly explanatory, lol.

Also, PUT IN VY!!!

CashmoneyDrew
09-20-2009, 01:45 PM
This game has been super duper crazy so far. At least the guys on the Texans that are scoring are on my fantasy team.

TitansCJftw
09-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Holy Sh!t At Cj Today!!!! :):):):):)

TitanHope
09-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Gettin DirectTV installed right now, so I'm missing the end of the 3rd and beginning of the 4th. :(

TitansCJftw
09-20-2009, 02:56 PM
i got dish but i live on the coast in north carolina and dont pay for the extra packages so i dont get to see it, stinkin redskins all the time! :(

CashmoneyDrew
09-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Looks like we might have a shot at Eric Berry now............

TitansCJftw
09-20-2009, 03:36 PM
ouch... :\

TitanHope
09-20-2009, 03:41 PM
I need objective analysis. All I had to go one was one post of reality by Pit Bull, and the rest filled in by TitansCentral chat.

What happened guys?

CashmoneyDrew
09-20-2009, 03:46 PM
I need objective analysis. All I had to go one was one post of reality by Pit Bull, and the rest filled in by TitansCentral chat.

What happened guys?

Just, too much.

First of all the defense played like complete crap today. We hardly got any pressure and I'm pretty sure we didn't get one sack. We also forced zero turnovers. Our front four can't get any push up the middle without extra blitzers.

Our offense looked pitiful in the second half. Our run blocking looked jumbled and despite CJ's numbers, I don't think our line blocked as well as they could have today. Play-calling seemed out of whack as well and it didn't seem like we ever really got into a rhythm.

Once again I feel as if we lost this game more than the other team won it. But maybe I'm just in denial and we're coming crashing back down to earth without Fat Al and Schwartz.

DoughBoy
09-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Breaking it down-

Chris Johnson
http://bugehoobs.com/img/upload/cache/480x647_1097150770478e8aadd06d7.jpg

Kerry Collins
http://www.uberpix.net/wp-content/main/2009_05/running-fail.jpg

Pass Rush/Defense
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2lqbky-cSgg/SVC-SoiotII/AAAAAAAABi8/ISc9cX5EbEE/s400/man%2Bbra-fail.jpg

TitanHope
09-20-2009, 05:55 PM
WTF was up with Jason Jones being ejected? What happened there?

CashmoneyDrew
09-20-2009, 06:50 PM
WTF was up with Jason Jones being ejected? What happened there?

There was a skirmish that broke out on the Texans sidelines in which all of the Texans decided to start ganging up on Nick Harper, so Jason Jones ran in to defend him, apparently threw some punches and therefore was ejected. If you watch the replay though there was at least one Texan that threw a punch. It was ********. Jason Jones got a standing ovation on his way out from the crowd though, which I thought was cool.

DoughBoy
09-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Just was looking at who we could lose next year...Kevin Mawae, Eugene Amano, Keith Bulluck,Stephen Tulloch, Kyle Vanden Bosch,Nick Harper,LenDale White,Crumpler, Scaife, Tony Brown

DoughBoy
09-20-2009, 09:00 PM
We need to atleast sign back Keith, Tully, KVB and Kevin.

CashmoneyDrew
09-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Just was looking at who we could lose next year...Kevin Mawae, Eugene Amano, Keith Bulluck,Stephen Tulloch, Kyle Vanden Bosch,Nick Harper,LenDale White,Crumpler, Scaife, Tony Brown

Players that will for sure be done as Titans after this season from that list:
Kevin Mawae, Nick Harper, Crumpler

All of the rest I'm questionable about us making a whole lot of effort to keep.
I'm questionable about T.Brown because we've invested so much into some other DTs lately. Same for Scaife at TE.
Lendale probably won't be resigned because he's already seen his workload diminished, plus the staff likes Ringer and apparently Chris Henry. (bleh)
KVB is a decent chance because Kearse is for sure done after this year and Jacob Ford and William Hayes aren't really full-time DEs IMO.
Tulloch has a solid chance at being re-signed because of our lack of LB depth. Especially at MLB.
Eugene Amano is a maybe as well. It really depends on if they like how Kropog or maybe even Otto develop over the year. Plus Amano is probably our most easily replaced o-lineman.
And most importantly is Keith Bulluck. I'd like to think we re-sign him, but Gerald McRath looked good in the preseason and I wouldn't be surprised if we low ball Keith if they like how McRath continues to develop this season. So unless Keith takes a hometown discount, I think this could be his last year as a Titan.

RufusMcDaniel
09-20-2009, 10:32 PM
Looks like we might have a shot at Eric Berry now............

Would he play safety or corner?

CashmoneyDrew
09-20-2009, 10:42 PM
Would he play safety or corner?

Hmmm, while I still think in the end we won't be anywhere near being able to draft Eric Berry, I guess it would depend on whether or not we re-sign Chris Hope after this season. If so, I'd make him a lock down cornerback to take over Nick Harper's spot. If we didn't, put him back there to replace Hope and our secondary might actually be upgraded still. (Sorry TH!) :D

RufusMcDaniel
09-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Hmmm, while I still think in the end we won't be anywhere near being able to draft Eric Berry, I guess it would depend on whether or not we re-sign Chris Hope after this season. If so, I'd make him a lock down cornerback to take over Nick Harper's spot. If we didn't, put him back there to replace Hope and our secondary might actually be upgraded still. (Sorry TH!) :D

We can dream tho :D

aNYtitan
09-20-2009, 11:37 PM

Mawae should retire. Amano could resign. Bulluck i hope wants the hometown discount, Tulloch has been good, KVB will be interesting, cause they should resign him, but I would be looking to get younger on the outside as well (Julius Peppers anyone?). Crumpler is gone, Scaife has a good chance to be resigned, White is more then likely gone unless he has 15+ td's this season. Brown I would like back, I think he is quite underrated.

But yeah, from the stats I saw while I was away, it looked like a repetition of last weeks game. Let me guess, lots of send 4, drop 7 into coverage? No blitzing? This should have been rectified by now, cause our pass defense really isn't that bad (well Harper is, but Finnegan and Hope/Griffin are great). The defense is definitely feeling the loss of Fat Al, but I still think Jason Jones can produce, we just need to blitz a bit more often, stop having our line get mauled play after play.

TitanHope
09-21-2009, 12:24 AM

:p

Hope isn't a FA though, and I'd like Berry at CB if we landed him. They tried Griffin at CB for a while before he moved to FS. Berry is even more versatile than Griffin, and those two could be moved around all over the place on DEF. I <3 Chris Hope, but if we did replace him, I'd want it to be Berry. BUT! Berry at CB over Harper and keeping Hope at SS would be much better than Berry at SS over Hope and Mouton at CB.

I've watched the highlights from the 2nd half and have seen the post game interviews. All I have to say is that something was wrong today. It seriously felt like Houston had a copy of our defensive playbook, and studied it all week. It was surreal. Then, throw in the officiating which I think was atrocious. It was like the perfect storm, and credit to the Texans for stepping up. But, this is a fluke game if I ever saw one. This isn't an accurate representation of this team, and that something like this can be a blessing in disguise.

All I know is that the Titans' backs are against the wall, and we'll see how they respone against Rex Ryan and the Jets.

CashmoneyDrew
09-21-2009, 01:03 AM
Damn, I could've swore that I read Chris Hope was a FA after this season. **** me blue.

Anyways, just an interesting little hypothetical question here.....

What would our record be if we still had Haynesworth? Me thinks 2-0. But I'm not crying over spilled milk or anything.....

TitansCJftw
09-21-2009, 01:52 PM
did jared cook even get on the field?(didnt see the game just highlights and box score)

CashmoneyDrew
09-21-2009, 02:53 PM
did jared cook even get on the field?(didnt see the game just highlights and box score)

He played. I'm pretty sure he didn't make any plays though. :(