SchizophrenicBatman
09-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Division Champs with a 7-9 record? I think so

Beans
09-16-2007, 03:23 PM
that would be awesomely sad

SchizophrenicBatman
09-16-2007, 03:26 PM
Also if Shiver could edit the title to "Congratulations" I would appreciate it, I look like a moron with the way it's currently set up

TigerBait45
09-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Man we suck.

Caddy
09-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Boo-Yeah. Division Championship here we come :D

Tampa 2 4 life
09-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Has any division had 4 top 20 picks in the draft?

Chucky
09-16-2007, 05:29 PM
That was a great game, just amazing, im so happy right now

etk
09-16-2007, 06:59 PM
I think we'll end up 2nd in the division if Garcia stays health. Any team that finishes 2nd in their division in the NFC has a good shot at the playoffs, no matter how mediocre they are.

Caddy
09-16-2007, 07:12 PM
That was a great game, just amazing, im so happy right now

Heck yeah it was. I hope we see some more of Garcia to Galloway during this season. Galloway is a machine.

etk
09-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Heck yeah it was. I hope we see some more of Garcia to Galloway during this season. Galloway is a machine.

We'll need to see a lot of it to keep defenses from stacking the box against Cadillac. He didn't have any running lanes or room today.

Congratulations to Arron Sears for proving me right. His suckage emanated when he whiffed at Brian Young, waving his arms like a matador and allowing him a free run at Garcia. Luckily Jeff had his senses about him and delivered a quick one. Another congratulations goes out to Sabby Piscitelli, the biggest pylon on earth. At least he didn't get penalized or bobble any punts inside the 5.

d34ng3l021
09-16-2007, 11:29 PM
Has any division had 4 top 20 picks in the draft?

No. One team in the division HAS to go the the playoffs, no matter how much they suck. And once they are in the playoffs, they automatically get a pick between 20-32.

What a sad division...

Caddy
09-16-2007, 11:55 PM
We'll need to see a lot of it to keep defenses from stacking the box against Cadillac. He didn't have any running lanes or room today.

Congratulations to Arron Sears for proving me right. His suckage emanated when he whiffed at Brian Young, waving his arms like a matador and allowing him a free run at Garcia. Luckily Jeff had his senses about him and delivered a quick one. Another congratulations goes out to Sabby Piscitelli, the biggest pylon on earth. At least he didn't get penalized or bobble any punts inside the 5.

You can't judge a player based on a few isolated events. Give them both a season in the pros before we judge either of them. I didn't think Sears was that bad. As a unit the O-Line didn't give up a sack, but Garcia definitely helps. Sabby on the other hand needs some work. Should we judge Gaines too because he isn't performing at the level that he probably should at the moment.

Shiver
09-18-2007, 02:40 AM
No. One team in the division HAS to go the the playoffs, no matter how much they suck. And once they are in the playoffs, they automatically get a pick between 20-32.

What a sad division...

At least I know Atlanta is one off-season away from being in it again because of that fact.

diabsoule
09-26-2007, 03:32 AM
I don't know what's up with the Saints but it looks like we'll be able to get some talent with where we will be picking.

Shiver
09-26-2007, 03:12 PM
They need Glenn Dorsey or Rey Maluaga in the worst way.

zCaddyz
09-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Boo-Yeah. Division Championship here we come :D BOO-NO lol joking jusr saw the espn tv spot wit chad 'nobody can hold my" johnson GO BUCS!!!!!

etk
09-26-2007, 06:13 PM
They need Glenn Dorsey or Rey Maluaga in the worst way.

Dan Connor can play all 3 LB spots. They love white LBs anyway.

BOO-NO lol joking jusr saw the espn tv spot wit chad 'nobody can hold my" johnson GO BUCS!!!!!

Huh?

zCaddyz
09-26-2007, 07:04 PM
Huh?[/QUOTE] http://youtube.com/watch?v=lgZEpTmSk1U

diabsoule
09-26-2007, 07:33 PM
I'd give up my first born for Dan Conner.

etk
09-27-2007, 06:08 PM
I'd give up my first born for Dan Conner.

When I'm doing mocks for the Saints, it's always between him and Rivers. Obviously there are other needs worth addressing but I think LB will be the most beneficial. I choose Connor over Rivers because of his versatility. Frankly I don't know which LB on the Saints is the worst, they're all pretty mediocre.

SchizophrenicBatman
09-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Looks like I may have been wrong on this prediction. The Bucs could easily end up 9-7 or 10-6 in this garbage division

JPF
10-02-2007, 02:02 PM

What a sad division...

Wrong. The order is strictly off regular season records. Making the playoffs or not making the playoffs have no basis in it.

The only spots determined by playoff results are the Super Bowl winner and Super Bowl loser, or if two playoff teams have the same record the team that makes it the farthest picks after the other one, or if a non-playoff team and a playoff team have the same records the team that didn't go to the playoffs picks first.

All other playoff teams are placed in the selection order based on their regular season record upon losing their playoff game. If a playoff team and a non-playoff team are tied based on regular season record, the non-playoff team will pick first.

http://sportsline.com/nfl/draft/update

diabsoule
10-02-2007, 02:13 PM
When I'm doing mocks for the Saints, it's always between him and Rivers. Obviously there are other needs worth addressing but I think LB will be the most beneficial. I choose Connor over Rivers because of his versatility. Frankly I don't know which LB on the Saints is the worst, they're all pretty mediocre.

Out of our linebackers Fujita is about the only one that is consistent. Simoneau is a waste of a roster space and Shanle sucks in coverage. There's a lot that needs to be done on the Saints D and I'm sure if the front office really wanted to get it done then they could but they won't.

iloxygenil
10-02-2007, 02:39 PM
If I were a Saints fan I'd be screaming for #72...Local boy and a monster to build your D around. He's not as solid as people want him to be...yet...but he will be. The kid is a killer.

dbtb135
10-18-2007, 03:20 AM

Arron Sears just made SI.com Top 10 rookies, at #6, and held his own against Albert Haynesworth. His "suckage" is definitely in question.

SchizophrenicBatman
11-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Well I was sadly lured into the Saints bandwagon when they reeled off a few wins in a row. I don't know how or why I let it happen since I thought they would be bad before the year started but oh well

Should have stuck to my guns. Bucs = 4 seed at 7-9

etk
11-11-2007, 05:03 PM
Saints & Panthers lose with Bucs on a bye week...hmm

Auron
11-11-2007, 07:01 PM
We dug ourselves out of a huge hole, only to put ourselves in another one. With 1 game under .500 it's not time to give up, but with critical injuries to Jammal Brown, and Reggie Bush.. hope is quickly fading. The Bucs have been more consistent through out the season.

Tampa 2 4 life
11-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Wait, Bush got injured?

Auron
11-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Wait, Bush got injured?

Sprained knee, he played through it but his carries were limited.

etk
11-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Well I was sadly lured into the Saints bandwagon when they reeled off a few wins in a row. I don't know how or why I let it happen since I thought they would be bad before the year started but oh well

Should have stuck to my guns. Bucs = 4 seed at 7-9

@ATL
VS WAS
@NO
@HOU
VS ATL
@SF
VS CAR

We're 5-4 right now, tough to see us finishing below 8-8.

d34ng3l021
11-12-2007, 09:00 PM
ATL will sweep you.

Caddy
11-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Pretty bold statement for a fan of a team with twice as many losses as wins :)

etk
11-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Pretty bold statement for a fan of a team with twice as many losses as wins :)

I thought this was a bow down to "the class of the NFC South" thread, not the smack talk thread. Ignore the dirtybird, I'd be mad too if I had my wings clipped.

Caddy
11-13-2007, 07:38 AM
I thought this was a bow down to "the class of the NFC South" thread, not the smack talk thread. Ignore the dirtybird, I'd be mad too if I had my wings clipped.

You're right. There isn't much to be happy about as a falcon fan at the moment. But at least they are somewhat optimistic. :D

d34ng3l021
11-13-2007, 04:38 PM
lol. But in all honesty though, thats a ridiculously easy schedule. I could see you guys struggling with WAS, but even that could come out as a win. Everyone else you could easily beat, but there are alot of division opponents there, so games could be close.

I think the Falcons have the 2nd easiest schedule left, next to you guys?

Caddy
11-13-2007, 09:37 PM
All the teams in the NFC South have pretty weak schedules, which is partly due to the fact that we all have to face each other and we are all pretty mediocre.

Shiver
11-13-2007, 11:24 PM
The Bucs got a bad break by not getting the Falcons earlier in the season. The team is finally winning those close games instead of losing them. I predict a split.

Caddy
11-14-2007, 02:34 AM
Why the sudden optimism from all the Falcons fans?

d34ng3l021
11-14-2007, 02:39 AM
2 game win streak baby. Defense allowing 11 points a game (in our streak). Getting turnovers. Our offense getting it done. Not turning the ball over too much. Running game is picking up.

Granted...it was against...the Niners and Panthers...

But winning just makes you optimistic.

Caddy
11-14-2007, 03:11 AM
2 game win streak baby. Defense allowing 11 points a game (in our streak). Getting turnovers. Our offense getting it done. Not turning the ball over too much. Running game is picking up.

Granted...it was against...the Niners and Panthers...

But winning just makes you optimistic.

Fair enough I suppose..

diabsoule
11-14-2007, 12:03 PM
I don't know what to say about the Saints. Their too unpredictable. Congrats, Bucs.

iloxygenil
11-14-2007, 01:18 PM
the Falcons have been in every single game this season for the most part...now instead of choking at the end, they are starting to win these games. It points back to coaching, which we finally have a coach that wants to win. We did win without our biggest offensive homerun threat as well. Our defense is leading the NFC in turnover ratio now, and that's going to start translating into more wins as the offense starts to gel like the defense. Defense allowed SIX points last week...I know the Panthers suck REALLY bad...but 6 points to ANY NFL team...that's serious defense right there.

We have plenty of poor teams down the stretch, and winning is contagious. So as the players learn what it takes to win, they'll be the ones who are craving it, and now they are starting to trust that the coaches are going to get them in the positions to win the game and make plays. Algernon getting that game winning touchdown may very well be the thing that sparks the offense, because you could see it sparked his interest. He wasn't trusting the coaching staff before, cause he didn't get the #1 look all the time anymore, but he knows now they trust him in the clutch...even coming off injury.