PDA

View Full Version : Difficult question here

SuperKevin
09-16-2007, 10:16 PM
What happens if/when USC, West Virginia, Oklahoma, LSU, and Wisconsin all go undefeated? Who gets in the national championship and who gets the big snub?

if that were the case I'd go with USC and LSU because that's the game everyone wants to see.

Green Bay Scat
09-16-2007, 10:18 PM
What happens if/when USC, West Virginia, Oklahoma, LSU, and Wisconsin all go undefeated? Who gets in the national championship and who gets the big snub?

if that were the case I'd go with USC and LSU because that's the game everyone wants to see.

to ur sig, i dont think hes full black, his blackness got him to the NFL, his non blackness got him out(i guess that extra hammy didnt help him out, hench there are 0 black kickers...lol)

id go off the hardest schedueles would play.

RyanLeaf#1
09-16-2007, 10:20 PM

West Virginia and Wisconsin will not go undefeated.

SuperKevin
09-16-2007, 10:21 PM
West Virginia and Wisconsin will not go undefeated.

Hence why I said IF/when

Man_Of_Steel
09-16-2007, 10:22 PM
USC and West Virginia.

Michigan
09-16-2007, 10:50 PM
USC, LSU, and OU will be undefeated with USC vs. LSU in the title game while OU ends up an angry 14-0 #2 (sounds alot like 2003, doesn't it?). If West Virginia goes undefeated, they don't deserve a spot, and I don't think Wisconsin's chances at going undefeated are significant enough to seriously consider (they'd be in a really pretty #3 vs #4 rose bowl with OU if they somehow did).

BrownsTown
09-16-2007, 10:52 PM
You can't leave out an undefeated SEC team after last year, and USC is #1 now, so those two definately.

HoopsDemon12
09-16-2007, 11:20 PM
USC and West Virginia.

I think thats the game it would end up being... USC would ultimalty win.. but both teams are loved by the mass populations... thus i they would get the nods

SuperKevin
09-16-2007, 11:20 PM
I think thats the game it would end up being... USC would ultimalty win.. but both teams are loved by the mass populations... thus i they would get the nods

USC would win that game 55-14

SuperKevin
09-17-2007, 01:17 AM
Let me throw out Boston College as another team that has a shot to run the table in their conference and shake things up.

soybean
09-17-2007, 01:24 AM
Let me throw out Boston College as another team that has a shot to run the table in their conference and shake things up.

but the acc is horrible this year.

SuperKevin
09-17-2007, 01:31 AM
but the acc is horrible this year.

Granted but it would be another undefeated team from a BCS conference

Turtlepower
09-17-2007, 01:36 AM
USC would win that game 55-14

USC run defense is probably the best in the country. I would give their pass defense second in the country to LSU. USC would dominate WVU.

benchod
09-17-2007, 02:18 AM
Not really a difficult question.

The polls generally always remain the same if the teams continue to win, especially in the top 5 where a lot of pollsters are stubborn and won't move a team up or down based on recent performances.

Regardless, if a SEC team goes undefeated, it should pretty much be a guaranteed trip to the title game. The Pac10 appears to be the 2nd strongest conference this year, so I would give USC the nod above Oklahoma and WVU. It's not worth mentioning Wisconsin or an ACC team this year, chances of them making the title game are slim to none.

Sniper
09-17-2007, 08:19 AM
You can't leave out an undefeated SEC team after last year, and USC is #1 now, so those two definately.

Yes you can, if you truly believe the other team is better. Obviously it's not going to happen because WVU will lose to Louisville and/or Rutgers and/or USF and Wisconsin will lose to Ohio State and/or Penn State and/or Michigan, but I think they'd go LSU/USC because they started at 1 and 2

Scotty D
09-17-2007, 09:28 AM
Florida vs LSU is the real national championship game.

Jughead10
09-17-2007, 10:39 AM

I'd go with LSU and Oklahoma. Buts that just my preference. If they went undefeated they would have to most impressive wins over quality opponents in my opinion.

Turtlepower
09-17-2007, 10:47 AM
I'd go with LSU and Oklahoma. Buts that just my preference. If they went undefeated they would have to most impressive wins over quality opponents in my opinion.

I would disagree by saying that Oklahoma has an easier schedule than WVU. Oklahoma plays Texas, but doesn't have to play the next best Big 12 team in Nebraska. They play an overrated Texas A&M and Missouri and then the Big 12 Championship game, which will probably be Missouri again (or Nebraska).

WVU plays 3 other teams ranked currently in the top-25 and possibly a 4th (Cincinnati, though they are a bit overrated after their Oregon State win).

My point is Oklahoma is a great team, but there is no logical way that USC and WVU get in before them.

Don Vito
09-17-2007, 10:57 AM
If USC and LSU go undefeated, I am pretty much positive that it will be them in the NC. There are quite a few teams who could go undefeated as well, and that is why the BCS system is so flawed. Even if they goundefeated, someone isn't going to get a shot to play for the title. SuperKevin, the thought of BC going undefeated is a great one. Looking at our schedule, our biggest game could be behind us and we thoroughly beat GT.

fenikz
09-17-2007, 11:03 AM
if Hawaii is the only undefeated team in the country come BCS time do they get in?

Sniper
09-17-2007, 11:05 AM

How would you explain dropping USC two spots for winning all their games?

Jughead10
09-17-2007, 12:11 PM
How would you explain dropping USC two spots for winning all their games?

I guess, I forgot they play Cal. Other than that the Pac-10 isn't impressive in my mind. Especially after UCLA lost. And Notre Dame sucks so that isn't a big win.

RyanLeaf#1
09-17-2007, 12:48 PM
If USC goes undefeated they are in the National Championship. It doesnt matter who else goes undefeated because they are definitely in.

Man_Of_Steel
09-17-2007, 12:51 PM
if Hawaii is the only undefeated team in the country come BCS time do they get in?

Not a chance.

RyanLeaf#1
09-17-2007, 12:53 PM

They have a 0% chance of playing in a BCS bowl.

Sniper
09-17-2007, 12:54 PM
I guess, I forgot they play Cal. Other than that the Pac-10 isn't impressive in my mind. Especially after UCLA lost. And Notre Dame sucks so that isn't a big win.

Still, they would have also beat Nebraska on the road, Oregon too

Jughead10
09-17-2007, 12:56 PM
They have a 0% chance of playing in a BCS bowl.

Yup, they will be staying in that 18-25 range all year. They play no one. Look how much Alabama jumped them from being unranked to 16.

RyanLeaf#1
09-17-2007, 12:57 PM
Yup, they will be staying in that 18-25 range all year. They play no one. Look how much Alabama jumped them from being unranked to 16.

Hawaii couldnt compete with a team like Alabama.

Sniper
09-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Hawaii couldnt compete with a team like Alabama.

Cue Angry D-Unit jumping in and saying how amazing the WAC is....

RyanLeaf#1
09-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Cue Angry D-Unit jumping in and saying how amazing the WAC is....

Yea he will definitely have something to say about it, but truth is Alabama would beat Hawaii.

Jughead10
09-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Yea he will definitely have something to say about it, but truth is Alabama would beat Hawaii.

You would be better off naming the SEC teams that wouldn't be Hawaii. Because that list is definitely the shorter one.

P-L
09-17-2007, 01:36 PM
If Hawaii runs the table, they will make it to a BCS Bowl. They have a 0% chance at the title game, but they will get an at-large bid in one of the other four bowls. Boise State and Utah made it to a a BCS Bowl with schedules that are almost as bad as Hawaii's is this year.

USC is USC. If they go undefeated they will be in the National Championship game. If they have only 1 loss, they'll get in as long as there aren't two undefeated teams from a BCS conference.

Sniper
09-17-2007, 01:36 PM
If Hawaii runs the table, they will make it to a BCS Bowl. They have a 0% chance at the title game, but they will get an at-large bid in one of the other four bowls. Boise State and Utah made it to a a BCS Bowl with schedules that are almost as bad as Hawaii's is this year.

USC is USC. If they go undefeated they will be in the National Championship game. If they have only 1 loss, they'll get in as long as there aren't two undefeated teams from a BCS conference.

HS Draft you're up fyi

kwilk103
09-17-2007, 02:49 PM
i doubt more than three teams go undefeated; the likely scenario would be a combo of: usc, lsu, uf, wisky, ou, wvu(two of those)+ hawaii

we say this every year at this time that there will be 4-5 teams undefeated, and 3-4 of them will lose

so it is very likely it will happen

if it were to happen though, it would likely mean the end of the bcs, and a playoff would be on the horizon

fenikz
09-17-2007, 03:01 PM

I think there are some very underrated teams in the Pac-10, Oregon, Oregon State, ASU are always overlooked but can cause big trouble for a lot of teams.

RyanLeaf#1
09-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Well Vegas thinks its going to be USC vs LSU odds have just been released on the National Championship game. The line is USC -1.5 and the total is 49.

Jughead10
09-18-2007, 12:39 PM
Well Vegas thinks its going to be USC vs LSU odds have just been released on the National Championship game. The line is USC -1.5 and the total is 49.

I'd take LSU and the points if it was played this weekend.

RyanLeaf#1
09-18-2007, 12:41 PM
I'd take LSU and the points if it was played this weekend.

In my opinion everyone would think the way you are so if it were in the case of being played this weekend and that was the line. I would take USC. Just because everyone else would bet LSU. Obviously LSU has looked like the better team, but all betters know sometimes it doesnt matter who has looked good and who hasnt.

scottyboy
09-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Well. what if Rutgers goes undefeated? Lousiville has no D, it'll come down really to WVA and RU, thoughts?

Jughead10
09-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Well. what if Rutgers goes undefeated? Lousiville has no D, it'll come down really to WVA and RU, thoughts?

I really wish Rutgers had one other opponent from a BCS conference besides Maryland. They are a legit team to be considered but their schedule is just so bad.

RyanLeaf#1
09-18-2007, 03:34 PM
I really wish Rutgers had one other opponent from a BCS conference besides Maryland. They are a legit team to be considered but their schedule is just so bad.

Exactly if teams like Rutgers and Hawaii want to make some noise then start playing a real schedule. Im not comparing Rutgers schedule at all to Hawaiis because I know Rutgers has to play WVU and Louisville, but other then them 2 teams their schedule sucks.

scottyboy
09-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Exactly if teams like Rutgers and Hawaii want to make some noise then start playing a real schedule. Im not comparing Rutgers schedule at all to Hawaiis because I know Rutgers has to play WVU and Louisville, but other then them 2 teams their schedule sucks.

true, but USF is ranked, Cincinatti has a chance to be ranked as well. Maryland is no scrub either. but we need some stronger out of conference games than Buffalo, Navy and Army. (Norfolk state is homecoming, you need at least one easy game for that.) yea and uconn, cuse and pitt are bad.

adschofield
09-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Hey, Justin Medlock still has a shot, he's on the practice squad

RyanLeaf#1
09-18-2007, 09:49 PM
true, but USF is ranked, Cincinatti has a chance to be ranked as well. Maryland is no scrub either. but we need some stronger out of conference games than Buffalo, Navy and Army. (Norfolk state is homecoming, you need at least one easy game for that.) yea and uconn, cuse and pitt are bad.

But we are talking National Championship here being ranked doesnt mean nothing. USF or Cincy could run the table and they wouldnt have a shot to play in the NC if USC, Oklahoma, and LSU ran the table.

Namy
09-19-2007, 12:59 AM
Realistically, it will probably be USC vs. LSU. However, I could easily see Oklahoma going undefeated... which would cause a problem similar to the year where USC, Oklahoma, and Auburn went undefeated. I really wish there would be an elite 8 team playoff...

By the way, regardless of the NC game, I think the LSU vs. Florida game will be THE game of the year.

Turtlepower
09-19-2007, 01:37 AM
You realize this argument happens EVERY YEAR and each year NO ONE except 1 or 2 teams runs the table. At the most it was like 2004 where 3 teams run the table and I could bet money that the SEC team will never be left out of the NC after that year.

Green Bay Scat
09-19-2007, 02:31 AM
i dont get why Auburn didnt get a share of the Title when they went undefeated and when Oklahoma wins it, USC gets a share? how the **** do u get a share?(also i dont remember if it was the Oklahoma/USC share, but u know what i mean)

Turtlepower
09-19-2007, 02:34 AM
i dont get why Auburn didnt get a share of the Title when they went undefeated and when Oklahoma wins it, USC gets a share? how the **** do u get a share?(also i dont remember if it was the Oklahoma/USC share, but u know what i mean)

USC was #1 in the coaches' poll, but because of the horrible BCS formula, Miami and LSU played for the NC in LSU's backyard.

Green Bay Scat
09-19-2007, 02:35 AM
USC was #1 in the coaches' poll, but because of the horrible BCS formula, Miami and LSU played for the NC in LSU's backyard.

so then why didnt Auburn get a share?

Namy
09-20-2007, 02:04 AM

Yeah i think you meant the LSU/USC share. Not Oklahoma/USC.

And Turtlepower, if Oklahoma gets past Texas, they will run the table.
USC will run the table.
Winner of LSU/Florida will run the table.

LonghornsLegend
09-20-2007, 12:53 PM
it would be USC and LSU without question, and it wouldnt even be a consideration for anyone else...of OU went undefeated they would be left out and upset, but USC is #1, how many #1 preseason ranked teams have you guys every heard of that went undefeated and got left out?

also LSU would have to beat Florida, alabama, and the SEC championship game, alot more quality wins then OU would have, and LSU is arguably the most talented team in the nation, so if they win out no one is gonna leapfrom them...

its laughable that anyone would put a big east team in over LSU

Basileus777
09-20-2007, 01:33 PM

Because Auburn was crushed by USC the previous year. No one thought Auburn was a better team than USC.

draftguru151
09-20-2007, 01:46 PM

One reason was pointed out, USC was #1 in both polls but didn't go to the NC and LSU won by 7 points. The next year USC STOMPED Oklahoma. When a team puts up 50 in the NC and completely dominates a game you can't have a team jump them.