PDA

View Full Version : Now, Seriously

BlindSite
09-17-2007, 03:01 AM
I know I can't talk, since we got our asses kicked too but really.

Cincy, what the hell?

Like did someone kidnap your 11 starters on defense, or replace your HC with a stick?

The Browns, WTH MAN

09-17-2007, 03:28 AM
First off I would like to congradulate the Panthers on watching the Texans win their first two games of the year.

Secondly, everyone knew Cincy has a god awful defense. And I think now is about the time to start asking Marvin Lewis some serious questions, before kicking his ass out.

Caddy
09-17-2007, 04:21 AM
First off I would like to congradulate the Panthers on watching the Texans win their first two games of the year.

Secondly, everyone knew Cincy has a god awful defense. And I think now is about the time to start asking Marvin Lewis some serious questions, before kicking his ass out.

Cincy does have a pretty ordinary defense at the moment, but I don't think anyone thought Cleveland would play that well.

trkaline
09-17-2007, 04:28 AM
Ordinary's not quite the word for it...I believe the word you were looking for was dare I say it? Almost a replica of the Browns....

eaglesalltheway
09-17-2007, 06:06 AM
This game was certainly a surprise, Derek Anderson played much better than anyone would have thought, this might save his starting job a little longer.

Addict
09-17-2007, 08:48 AM
I was suprised until someone (DG or PL) pointed out that Bengals-Browns games are always high-scoring affairs.

Caddy
09-17-2007, 09:01 AM
I was suprised until someone (DG or PL) pointed out that Bengals-Browns games are always high-scoring affairs.

They are generally high, but not that high.

RoyHall#1
09-17-2007, 09:12 AM

They did shut us out last year..

Addict
09-17-2007, 09:16 AM
They did shut us out last year..

my point was that generally (GENERALLY) they're high-scoring affairs. The usually tight games between GB and CHI didn't happen last year either.

Sniper
09-17-2007, 09:17 AM
Brady who? Derek Anderson is the truth ;) jk

draftguru151
09-17-2007, 09:19 AM

58-48 a few years ago.

Man_Of_Steel
09-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Jamal Lewis...I sat him in fantasy.

yodabear
09-17-2007, 12:46 PM
Jamal Lewis...I sat him in fantasy.

Great move on that one, but seriously dude, why wouldn't u start him against the Bengals?

Man_Of_Steel
09-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Great move on that one, but seriously dude, why wouldn't u start him against the Bengals?

I thought Benson would rip the Chiefs apart. It was between Benson and Lewis among others for the 2nd RB starting place.

keylime_5
09-17-2007, 01:15 PM

like guru pointed out, it was even higher scoring in 2004, but that was Kelly Holcomb and Palmer, not Anderson :).

JoeMontainya
09-17-2007, 03:30 PM
and look where it got Holcombe......

bigbluedefense
09-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Why isn't Marvin Lewis getting grilled? He's been getting an unfair pass for his horrible defense.

He is a defensive coach. He was brought in to bring defense to this team. And he's done a horrible job of it. This defense has been a joke for a couple of years now, and it doesn't seem like thats going to change.

Lewis has done a horrible job getting players to fit a system. The problem is, he has no system. He just drafts best available defensive talent, and tries to mix and match it. It doesn't work like that. You have to have a set system, and you have to draft players that fit that system. You can't mix and match. It doesn't work.

Dam8610
09-17-2007, 05:33 PM

Apparently Ohio doesn't believe in defense.

HoopsDemon12
09-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Apparently Ohio doesn't believe in defense.

its actually against the law in the state of ohio to play good defence... its a rank fine you have to pay aswell.. not worth it IMO

Bills2083
09-17-2007, 06:42 PM
What is wrong with the Bengals' D? Is it the run-defense, pass-defense, or both?

09-17-2007, 06:58 PM
What is wrong with the Bengals' D? Is it the run-defense, pass-defense, or both?

....look at the game stats

it is everything

Bills2083
09-17-2007, 07:04 PM
How's Leon Hall doing there? I remember that a lot of Bills fans wanted him.

Green Bay Scat
09-17-2007, 07:08 PM
How's Leon Hall doing there? I remember that a lot of Bills fans wanted him.

i beleive both of Edwards TDs were against him....looked slow

JoeMontainya
09-17-2007, 07:12 PM
"Apparently Ohio doesn't believe in defense."

Maybe at the pro level, but we still have Ohio State who is the definition of defense in college football.

Leon Hall looked to slow to be a CB IMO.

Sniper
09-17-2007, 07:21 PM
"Apparently Ohio doesn't believe in defense."

Maybe at the pro level, but we still have Ohio State who is the definition of defense in college football.

Leon Hall looked to slow to be a CB IMO.

How Leon clocked in at a 4.38 at the combine, I'll never know. Good zone CB, but he plays slow for a CB.

Green Bay Scat
09-17-2007, 07:22 PM
How Leon clocked in at a 4.38 at the combine, I'll never know.

easy, its much easier to run without soulder pads on

GB12
09-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Why isn't Marvin Lewis getting grilled? He's been getting an unfair pass for his horrible defense.
The AFC North is kind of messed up like that. Brian Billick is(was?) supposed to be an offensive genius yet Baltimore's never had close to a great offense. Then you got Lewis and Romeo who were defensive guys, but they get lit up no matter who they play.

Green Bay Scat
09-17-2007, 07:32 PM
The AFC North is kind of messed up like that. Brian Billick is(was?) supposed to be an offensive genius yet Baltimore's never had close to a great offense. Then you got Lewis and Romeo who were defensive guys, but they get lit up no matter who they play.

maybe its cause the talent on the "weak" side isnt as good as the talent on the "strong side"

PoopSandwich
09-17-2007, 07:33 PM
If Cleo Lemon was starting for Miami they would tear the league up for 80 points a game off of screen passes.

Green Bay Scat
09-17-2007, 07:34 PM
If Cleo Lemon was starting for Miami they would tear the league up for 80 points a game off of screen passes.

Cleo Lemon is a better and more productive QB than Jim Sorgi

GB12
09-17-2007, 07:35 PM
maybe its cause the talent on the "weak" side isnt as good as the talent on the "strong side"
Well no ****. You'd think that they'd make their side a lot stonger than they are though.

Sniper
09-17-2007, 07:49 PM
Cleo Lemon is a better and more productive QB than Jim Sorgi

BLASPHEMY! Thou shalt not speak ill of the greatest QB ever!

PoopSandwich
09-17-2007, 09:07 PM
BLASPHEMY! Thou shalt not speak ill of the greatest QB ever!

Cleo Lemon is the greatest, second is Jared Lorenzen followed closely by Sorgi Couch and Vick.

Sniper
09-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Cleo Lemon is the greatest, second is Jared Lorenzen followed closely by Sorgi Couch and Vick.

No way.

1) Sorgi
2) Sorgi
3) Sorgi
4) Lorenzen
5) Lemon
6) Couch

PoopSandwich
09-17-2007, 09:24 PM
What about Trent Dilfer? He lead the Ravens to the super-bowl, they didn't have anything around him.

BrownsTown
09-17-2007, 09:25 PM
No way.

1) Sorgi
2) Sorgi
3) Sorgi
4) Lorenzen
5) Lemon
6) Couch

I think Sorgi should be ranked higher.

BlindSite
09-18-2007, 03:54 AM
easy, its much easier to run without soulder pads on

Or when you train for months and months and months with thousands of dollars worth of trainers for one 40 yard stretch, game film's where its at and its where it'll always be at.

BigDawg819
09-18-2007, 08:22 AM
What about Trent Dilfer? He lead the Ravens to the super-bowl, they didn't have anything around him.

Except a young Jamal Lewis who rushed for over 1300 yards in the regular season and a 100+ yards in the Super Bowl, Matt "Automatic" Stover kicking field goals, and arguably the greatest defense ever assembled. But besides that yeah they didn't have anything. :rolleyes:

Kudos to BBD's summary on Marvin Lewis and his lack of assembling a decent defense in Cincinatti. He has been given too much of a free pass for the faults in Cincy and I still can't figure out why. Part of his lack of production on the defensive side is not hiring a core group of coaches to help instruct the players on his style of defense. The fact that Donnie Henderson has been available and not got a call from Marvin is mindboggling. Marvin had a lot of good solid coaches with him in Baltimore and yet the same can't be said for his tenure in Cincinatti. The other part of the equation is the poor drafting on the defensive side of the ball. Marvin's defenses in Baltimore started up front on the defensive line to cause penetration but mainly to eat up blockers and allow the talent in the linebacking core to shine. In Cincinatti he doesn't have the star quality linebackers he needs for this set up, there is no holy trinity of linebackers that remotely resemble a Ray Lewis, Peter Boulware, or Jamie Sharper. Not to mention the horrid talent in the secondary. Marvin was great in his tenure here in Baltimore, but maybe its just the scheme here that makes players and coaches look great.

draftguru151
09-18-2007, 09:01 AM
Or when you train for months and months and months with thousands of dollars worth of trainers for one 40 yard stretch, game film's where its at and its where it'll always be at.

Yea because Hall didn't shut down people all year. >_<

It's hard to run a 4.3 when you're not moving. Hall got beat, he's a rookie, not that shocking.

BigDawg819
09-18-2007, 09:18 AM
Yea because Hall didn't shut down people all year. >_<

It's hard to run a 4.3 when you're not moving. Hall got beat, he's a rookie, not that shocking.

Hall had a tendency to get lit up in college against top competition and he showed that tendency once again on Sunday. Darrelle Revis was the first corner chosen for a reason.

draftguru151
09-18-2007, 09:25 AM
If by top competition you mean Ted Ginn burnt him on a play fake, then yes.

BigDawg819
09-18-2007, 09:27 AM
If by top competition you mean Ted Ginn burnt him on a play fake, then yes.

Plus the USC game.......

draftguru151
09-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Because they didn't throw away from him most of that game?

Mr. Stiller
09-18-2007, 10:45 AM
That was my comment before the season.

Cincy's front 7 is among the worst in the league. When did they address the front 7 in this draft?

6th round. After a #2 RB, and a 3rd string QB(4th round) In their whole draft. They spent 4 picks on defense. 1 on day 1, 3 on day 2. And only 1 on the front 7.

They grabbed Jeff Rowe over Antonio Johnson, Clifton Ryan, Tim Shaw and Derek Landri.

Not saying they would've been hits. But for such a bad defense they made almost no effort to improve it.

Not to mention, they took Rowe and then traded for Fitzgerald.

Mr. Stiller
09-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Because they didn't throw away from him most of that game?

The second half Dwayne Jarrett ran rampant on Leon Hall.

draftguru151
09-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Jarrett had once catch on a zone play where the safety blew it and then Hall couldn't make the tackle, he had a few other small catches on Hall but most of the 200 yards was on Trent. Nice try though.

themaninblack
09-18-2007, 05:12 PM
our best two defensive players were also out almost the entire game and it was a short week. but hey.