PDA

View Full Version : This season's WTFs

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-17-2007, 06:30 AM
Well, already 2 weeks in and there are a LOT of surprises.

First, what happened to the Saints? I thought they'd falter, but I didn't think theyd be 0-2, getting their ass kicked in both games. Not a lot of offense coming from them either.

The Lions and Texans 2-0. Seriously? Two of the most abysmal teams in the league(one of whom made THE BIGGEST MISTAKE EVARRRR) for the past several years, actually look decent? The Texans defense is wrecking people, Okoye and Mario have 4 sacks and a TD combined.

Lee Evans. Had a great year last year, was poised to make a jump into the echelon of the top WRs in the NFL. But now he has 4 catches for 22 yards.

Anyone have anything else to add?

comahan
09-17-2007, 06:42 AM
Schaub has been super impressive in Camp, Pre Season, and now the first 2 games, im excited.

SuperKevin
09-17-2007, 06:50 AM
How about Cleveland scoring 51 points in a game against the Bengals?

comahan
09-17-2007, 07:35 AM
How about Steven Jackson being terribly below average so far. I get Rams games, but havent watched either of the two. But im very surprised at his lack of production. And if I remember correctly, he was better last season without Pace, than when Orlando was healthy, so i dont think that can be used as a reason why.

sodar21
09-17-2007, 07:36 AM
Johnson, Tomlinson and Jackson...

Caddy
09-17-2007, 07:47 AM
Johnson, Tomlinson and Jackson...

Tell me about it. They're killing me in fantasy.

Splat
09-17-2007, 07:49 AM
Derek Anderson.:)

joercky
09-17-2007, 07:49 AM
Lee Evans. Had a great year last year, was poised to make a jump into the echelon of the top WRs in the NFL. But now he has 4 catches for 22 yards.

Bills have had too conservative playcalling with Losman getting less than 30 attempts a game. But even that doesn't explain why he doesn't have a td yet. I would have to say that the emotional loss of Kevin Everett will keep them from playing to their full potential.

Wootylicous
09-17-2007, 07:58 AM
Charles Grant and Will Smith having no sacks.

Crickett
09-17-2007, 08:06 AM
New Orleans starting out 0-2. Weren't they supposed to overtake the Bears and make it to the superbowl? WTF?

The Patriots are the only team in the AFC East with a win? WTF?

The Detroit Lions on top of the NFC North and the Bears at the bottom? WTF?

LaMont Jordan is the #4 rusher so far this season. Wtf?

What happened to the Rams offense? This used to be the greatest show on turf! Wtf?

KILLERSANTA
09-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Tomlinson and Jackson...

there fixed......

Johnson is only a "WTF" if you're a KC fan. All other fans knew he would be that good this year.......

FinChase
09-17-2007, 08:27 AM

First, what happened to the Saints? I thought they'd falter, but I didn't think theyd be 0-2, getting their ass kicked in both games. Not a lot of offense coming from them either.

The Lions and Texans 2-0. Seriously? Two of the most abysmal teams in the league(one of whom made THE BIGGEST MISTAKE EVARRRR) for the past several years, actually look decent? The Texans defense is wrecking people, Okoye and Mario have 4 sacks and a TD combined.

Those two teams could be this year's NO. The Texans have an uphill climb, playing in the AFC, in the same division as the Colts, but the Lions could do some things in the NFC.

Splat
09-17-2007, 08:30 AM
there fixed......

Johnson is only a "WTF" if you're a KC fan. All other fans knew he would be that good this year.......

Because his line and bad play calling not because his work load last year the guy has no were to run.

Addict
09-17-2007, 08:47 AM
WTF?! Teams STILL kick towards Hester?
WTF?! Farewell SuperSaints!
WTF?! With Jamal Lewis, since when can he run 30 yards without falling to the ground dead?
WTF is it with Edge James' reincarnation?

Vikes99ej
09-17-2007, 08:53 AM
Tarvaris Jackson is still employed by an NFL team. WTF?!!

draftguru151
09-17-2007, 08:55 AM
Chris Chambers has 201 yards. Yea, he's actually doing something, I'm shocked too.

trkaline
09-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Pats cheaters wtf.
Ed Reed can return Punt's like he can INT's FTW.
Mark Clayton wanders the field not even to be seen during a game wtf?
Not related to this NFL season but OJ thinking hes untoucable and his sports memorabilia heist, not taking into account Cochrans no longer with us wtf?

Addict
09-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Tarvaris Jackson is still employed by an NFL team. WTF?!!

Yea Brad Childess managed to get his delusional persona HIRED in the NFL.

Scotty D
09-17-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm glad Schaub is working out for Houston. It really was a boom or bust move. Most people questioned giving up the draft picks and the salary to a guy who has seen limited action.

Jvig43
09-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Tomlinson having the lowest rushing % in the league right now, Texans looking like an alright team, oh and on a good wtf note, steve smiths amazing get away from multiple tacklers.

princefielder28
09-17-2007, 09:38 AM
A washed up Randy Moss?????? Anything but that

Man_Of_Steel
09-17-2007, 09:42 AM
1.9 YPC for LT.

Crazy_Chris
09-17-2007, 10:14 AM
Eh IMO tomlinson would be a Big deal... if he hadn't of been going against the Chicago and New England Defense's... However i did still expect him to perform better

Scotty D
09-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Vince Young is outrushing Reggie Bush.
75 to 65. 1 td to 0

bearsfan_51
09-17-2007, 10:31 AM
The Detroit Lions on top of the NFC North and the Bears at the bottom? WTF?

That's really not that suprising. I think most everyone expected us to lose to the Chargers (including me) and while it's mildly suprising that the Lions are 2-0, a lot of people (including me) thought they were a better team than both the Vikings and Raiders.

Now if the Lions are stil ahead of us by week 10, yeah, color me suprised.

LionSmack
09-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Now if the Lions are stil ahead of us by week 10, yeah, color me suprised.

I certainly agree that's unlikely, and frankly it would probably say more about a Bears collapse than a Lions uprising if that were to happen.

I'm content that the Lions are no longer the worst team in the league, probably not even in the bottom 5-10. You can't climb a mountain in one step.

fenikz
09-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Matt Leinart has more 20 yard rushes than Reggie Bush. WTF?

The Cardinals actually won a close game. WTF?

Turtlepower
09-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Right when Eli is playing like a top 5-10 QB in the league, our defense plays as bad as the 1961 NY Mets.

HoopsDemon12
09-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Houston Texans 2-0 ... Buffalo Bills 0-2

WTF!!!!?????

bearsfan_51
09-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Coach Andy Reid said Sunday that L.J. Smith's groin "looks better than he did last week and feels better than he did last week."

WTF!?!?!?!?!?!

Man_Of_Steel
Tony Romo is playing like the mvp.

bearsfan_51
Houston Texans 2-0 ... Buffalo Bills 0-2

WTF!!!!?????
The Bills suck.

Man_Of_Steel
09-17-2007, 10:43 AM
The Bills suck.

An unreal amount of injuries plus Losman dosent bode well.

drowe
09-17-2007, 10:56 AM
David Carr really WAS the problem in Houston.

SFbear
09-17-2007, 11:03 AM
WTF!!zomg dudz teh patriots r a bunch of haxorz!!11

Don Vito
09-17-2007, 11:22 AM
-Mario Williams is amazing
-Randy Moss and Edge James are back
-51-46 Cleveland
-Who the **** is Derrick Ward?
-Adrian Peterson CAN catch afterall
-LaMont Jordan is 4th in the NFL in rushing

bigbluedefense
09-17-2007, 11:39 AM
The Giants defense is one big WTF

So is our annual injury list

Fantasy advice to everyone out there. If you want to light up your opponent, just pick up whichever TE is playing the Giants every week. He's good for 20 points every time.

And dammit Oakland, we needed that win.

Xenos
09-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Philip Rivers, the Chargers oline....WTF man. The oline problems in particular is strange because that's the one unit that stayed intact (player wise and coaching wise)

The only thing that hasn't been WTF is Merriman. Now all they need to do is rush him more at the passer instead of dropping him back into coverage. Heck, Ware and Merriman's roles might switch now, with Ware pass rushing more and Merriman in coverage more.

Twiddler
09-17-2007, 12:15 PM

Fantasy advice to everyone out there. If you want to light up your opponent, just pick up whichever TE is playing the Giants every week. He's good for 20 points every time.

Its true, he's not lying. Even Bubba, yes Bubba Franks managed to get a TD catch off of you guys. I thought for sure that it was either time travel or a sign of the apocalypse.

yodabear
09-17-2007, 12:19 PM
Texans are defntly the biggest suprise 2-0 team to me. Looking at the schedule, I saw the Lions going 2-0 or the Vikings going 2-0 because they played each other this week and played **** teams in week 1. San Fran I could see because they played the Cards and Rams, and u never know what kind of teams u see from them. And the Packers are prolly the second most suprising to me. I did not see them beating the Eagles and I didn't see the Giants being this crappy. And yes, I know the Texans beat the Chiefs in week 1, but they just didn't beat the Chiefs, they dominated the Chiefs. And in week 2, I thought the Panthers would beat them, but the Texans didn't just beat them, they dominated them. So I gotta say the Texans are the most suprising to me.

Jensen
09-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Edge is back for the Cardinals.

The Cardinals O-Line didn't give up a sack to the Seahawks.

BrownsTown
09-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Browns score 51 points. Derek Anderson throws 300 yards and 5 TDs. Jamal runs for 200.

WTF?

Jughead10
09-17-2007, 12:29 PM

Haha. Losing Tiki was the least of my worries this year. However the defense was a big one and it turns out it is horrible.

Windy
09-17-2007, 12:29 PM
LaMont Jordan is 2nd in all purpose yards and only 1 yard behind the leader. WTF.

yodabear
09-17-2007, 12:31 PM
The Rams suck, they are 0-2, and I haven't broke anything in my room. WTF?

Windy
09-17-2007, 12:32 PM

trade torry holt for josh brown.

Man_Of_Steel
09-17-2007, 12:32 PM
The Cardinals O-Line didn't give up a sack to the Seahawks.

Whaaaaaaaa?

Man_Of_Steel
09-17-2007, 12:33 PM

Your broken heart is sufficient.

Man_Of_Steel
09-17-2007, 12:35 PM
BTW, WTF was up with the handoff late in the Seahawks/Cardinals game. Hasselbeck and Alexander just stood next to each other talking lol.

yodabear
09-17-2007, 12:35 PM
trade torry holt for josh brown.

If we throw in Alex Barron, Drew Bennett, and Randy McMichael, can we get Walter Jones too?

yodabear
09-17-2007, 12:38 PM
We are the 2nd best 0-2 team......does that get us something?

TitanHope
09-17-2007, 12:39 PM
In the Titans vs Colts game, Vince Young had a higher QB rating than Peyton Manning...

*hears faints cries in background*

Romarville
09-17-2007, 12:41 PM
BTW, WTF was up with the handoff late in the Seahawks/Cardinals game. Hasselbeck and Alexander just stood next to each other talking lol.

No kidding. Killer comeback only to just hand the ball on a silver platter to Dockett w/ less than two minutes.

SuperMcGee
09-17-2007, 12:52 PM

Bills have had too conservative playcalling with Losman getting less than 30 attempts a game. But even that doesn't explain why he doesn't have a td yet. I would have to say that the emotional loss of Kevin Everett will keep them from playing to their full potential.

Outside of Moorman and maybe Crowell, it seems like none of our usual stars are playing near expectations.

Turtlepower
09-17-2007, 12:55 PM
As a Giants fan... WTF!!!

bigbluedefense
09-17-2007, 12:56 PM
-Mario Williams is amazing
-Randy Moss and Edge James are back
-51-46 Cleveland
-Adrian Peterson CAN catch afterall

the numbers that Ward is having is indicative of what we've been telling non Giant fans all along.

While Tiki was great, our system on offense and the nickel defenses we go against helped our running backs produce better than their true value. Which is why none of us really worried about losing Tiki to begin with.

Ward wouldve done even better if the defense didn't give up a million points, forcing us to throw it way too much again.

P-L
09-17-2007, 01:12 PM
What happened to the Rams offense? This used to be the greatest show on turf! Wtf?

It left for Detroit before the 2006 season.

SubNoize
09-17-2007, 01:25 PM

They did win, it just happened that after they hit the game winner a timeout was apparently called before the snap but every player on the field and the refs just happend to go full speed, what a screw job, Goodell should hammer the officials for that mess.

Geo
09-17-2007, 01:30 PM
The Greatest Show on Turf: Detroit only had to wait until Week 2 for the QB to be injured and leave the game. Way to go, Martz.

That said, if Bulger keeps getting hit like he did yesterday, he'll be lucky to see the bye week standing up. Cripes.

In the Titans vs Colts game, Vince Young had a higher QB rating than Peyton Manning...

*hears faints cries in background*
Huh, that's pretty interesting. Manning was great yesterday, although he got too pass happy in the second half. Boo at the no-call against Reggie Wayne on the INT play, but the refs have been sticking it to the Colts so far this season, for whatever reason.

And yes, Oakland was screwed. Mike Shanahan aka The Rat is assuredly smiling.

PoopSandwich
09-17-2007, 01:51 PM
They did win, it just happened that after they hit the game winner a timeout was apparently called before the snap but every player on the field and the refs just happend to go full speed, what a screw job, Goodell should hammer the officials for that mess.

Dude you could hear the whistles going off well before the kick.

SubNoize
09-17-2007, 02:14 PM
Dude you could hear the whistles going off well before the kick.

I heard nothing on the TV broadcast and if they were so audible then why did everyone go full speed on the play, wouldn't somebody on Denver indicate that they had called timeout?

P-L
09-17-2007, 02:19 PM
That was BS. The Raiders should've won that game. I heard no whistles or anything before that kick. I really wish the NFL could do something to prevent that crap from happening on FG's. It pisses me off every time. You shouldn't be able to call a time out after the kicker and holder have been set for four seconds, or something like that. It just isn't fair for these coaches to call a timeout just as the ball is being snapped and get credit for using it. That is why I love when kickers miss on their first attempt and then hit it on their second attempt.

Green Bay Scat
09-17-2007, 02:33 PM
That was BS. The Raiders should've won that game. I heard no whistles or anything before that kick. I really wish the NFL could do something to prevent that crap from happening on FG's. It pisses me off every time. You shouldn't be able to call a time out after the kicker and holder have been set for four seconds, or something like that. It just isn't fair for these coaches to call a timeout just as the ball is being snapped and get credit for using it. That is why I love when kickers miss on their first attempt and then hit it on their second attempt.

they showed Shanny and Lynch giving the Timeout signal before the snap, and they go full speed thinking its the game winner, so its harder the second time. Why would u just wait and then call it, it was a smart move

Addict
09-17-2007, 02:33 PM
yea that's a big WTF for me, wtf was wrong with the refs on that Raiders FG?

TacticaLion
09-17-2007, 02:35 PM
The Greatest Show on Turf: Detroit only had to wait until Week 2 for the QB to be injured and leave the game. Way to go, Martz.Yes... just to come back in the game, using that offense, and win the game in overtime. Huh... the biggest plays in overtime were running plays against one of the top run defenses. Think the passing game had anything to do with that?

Martz is a genius, and Kitna runs his offense to perfection. Don't quite understand the point of your post.

Addict
09-17-2007, 02:38 PM
can I just say the greatest thing ever was Kitna's seven yard pass to himself?

Turtlepower
09-17-2007, 02:39 PM

I was watching on NFL.com gamecenter and that confused the hell out of me when I saw that.

Green Bay Scat
09-17-2007, 02:42 PM
i got one, watching the Denver-Raider game, i saw Sam Adams attemting to run, WTF, he looked like Walter Thomas running....hes so fat

Turtlepower
09-17-2007, 02:44 PM
i got one, watching the Denver-Raider game, i saw Sam Adams attemting to run, WTF, he looked like Walter Thomas running....hes so fat

Jared Lorenzen attempting to pick up a first down.

bored of education
09-17-2007, 02:45 PM
WTF@the Chiefs not winning until they play Oak..and that is not a Hart gurantee

Splat
09-17-2007, 02:47 PM
WTF@the Chiefs not winning until they play Oak..and that is not a Hart gurantee

It is not that shocking the Chiefs are 0-2 most saw it coming and I'm a Chiefs fan.

bored of education
09-17-2007, 02:48 PM
No i'm predicting that their 1st win will be against Oakland

Addict
09-17-2007, 02:51 PM
I was watching on NFL.com gamecenter and that confused the hell out of me when I saw that.

same here, PL (actually watching the game) explained it. I wtf'd pretty hard tho

Splat
09-17-2007, 02:52 PM
No i'm predicting that their 1st win will be against Oakland

Your being to nice.

bored of education
09-17-2007, 02:53 PM
I know, I'm such a homer.

Ewing
09-17-2007, 03:01 PM

Who are they playing next week?

fenikz
09-17-2007, 03:08 PM

they were whispering sweet nothings about Josh Brown into each others ear

skinzzfan25
09-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Who are they playing next week?

COOOOOOLEY

Big game :)

bearsfan_51
09-17-2007, 03:12 PM
There were whistles, you could definately hear them. As for the rule, it's a rule, so untill it changes that's part of the game that EVERY coach uses.

DChess
09-17-2007, 03:13 PM
the lions barley beat the two worst teams in football, thats not a wtf. not even close

Scotty D
09-17-2007, 03:14 PM
the lions barley beat the two worst teams in football, thats not a wtf. not even close

Same could be said about the Broncos. What about the Bengals? They lost to the Browns. There is parity in the NFL.

Green Bay Scat
09-17-2007, 03:15 PM

if i remember right, the Vikings and Raiders have very good defenses so isnt that something, i wouldnt say they are the worst, but give it time, they may prove to be.....playoff contenders?

TacticaLion
09-17-2007, 03:15 PM
It was an outstanding play. He could've just caught it and went down to avoid contact, but ran his ass off, took a hit, and got us some positive yards.

Loved it.

SubNoize
09-17-2007, 03:17 PM
if i remember right, the Vikings and Raiders have very good defenses so isnt that something, i wouldnt say they are the worst, but give it time, they may prove to be.....playoff contenders?

If the Raiders have a Defense I'm yet too see it this year, if only we could run the ball 70 times a game...

bearsfan_51
09-17-2007, 03:19 PM
The Lions could make the playoffs, though I'd put them at about 9th most likely at this point (out of a conference of 16 that's better than the Lions have been in years). I think it'll be wildcard or bust though, because even if the Bears tank this year, the Packers look like a much more likely team to win 10 games or so.

About the only team that I think has no chance in the NFC at the playoffs is the Giants, simply becuase of the division they are in and the fact that their defense is absolutely atrocious. Put them in the NFC South and they've got a good chance (or at least as good as the Saints). I'm tempted to completely rule out the Falcons at this point too, but the NFC South is looking so bad that 8 wins could honestly do it.

Green Bay Scat
09-17-2007, 03:20 PM
If the Raiders have a Defense I'm yet too see it this year, if only we could run the ball 70 times a game...

All i know is Jay Richardson is a freak, he shouldve been a first day pick, 6-6 280 with a 4.8? so what he didnt produce big at tOSU but come on, ive always loved that guy, hes gonna be good.

yodabear
09-17-2007, 03:25 PM
The Lions could make the playoffs, though I'd put them at about 9th most likely at this point (out of a conference of 16 that's better than the Lions have been in years). I think it'll be wildcard or bust though, because even if the Bears tank this year, the Packers look like a much more likely team to win 10 games or so.

About the only team that I think has no chance in the NFC at the playoffs is the Giants, simply becuase of the division they are in and the fact that their defense is absolutely atrocious. Put them in the NFC South and they've got a good chance (or at least as good as the Saints). I'm tempted to completely rule out the Falcons at this point too, but the NFC South is looking so bad that 8 wins could honestly do it.

The Rams are out of it.

bearsfan_51
09-17-2007, 03:25 PM
The Rams are out of it.
No they aren't, stop being a drama queen.

yodabear
09-17-2007, 03:28 PM
No they aren't, stop being a drama queen.

I'm not, they suck.

Addict
09-17-2007, 03:30 PM
I'm not, they suck.

hush little girl.

yodabear
09-17-2007, 03:32 PM
hush little girl.

I don't want to

Addict
09-17-2007, 03:33 PM
I don't want to

I'll give you a picture of a teddybear if you stop the waterfall.

bored of education
09-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Chiefs are WORSE.

yodabear
09-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Chiefs are WORSE.

Theres something positive, we are the best team in Missouri. I am better now guys.

bored of education
09-17-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm always here to make you feel better Yoda

yodabear
09-17-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm always here to make you feel better Yoda

I don't even need a teddy bear.

TimD
09-17-2007, 03:39 PM
75 to 65. 1 td to 0

haha that's great... Mario Williams 1 TD Reggie Bush 0 TD

yodabear
09-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Drama Queen is a good song tho.

Green Bay Scat
09-17-2007, 03:48 PM
75 to 65. 1 td to 0

how about LenDale White being a better and more productive RB that Reggie Bush?

MaxV
09-17-2007, 03:57 PM

This one isn't all that surprising.

I've always thought Jordan was a good RB, who was stuck with a TERRIBLE O-Line.

So far this season, they are doing a better job of blocking for him.

Biggest surprises for me:

- Texans are playing well.
- Saints are playing mediocre.
- Reggie Bush is struggling.
- LT is struggling.
- I didn't think Giants' D would be a great unit, but I never thought they'd play this awful.
- Jags' RBs, Taylor and Jones, are struggling.

TacticaLion
09-17-2007, 04:12 PM
the Packers look like a much more likely team to win 10 games or so.
I like the Packers this year. Great defense with a solid offense. One of the rookie RBs has to emerge to call them a contender, but they can still win games.

soybean
09-17-2007, 04:25 PM
everyone needs to stop crediting mario williams with that touchdown. It wasn't some awesome play, the td just fell in his lap. He could have been wearing a blindfold and he still would have scored. I don't know why he was so far away from the play in the first place.

Xiomera
09-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Shaun McDonald is playing great. Who would have thought?

bored of education
09-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Mario actually gave Larry Johnson the razor's edge and in route to hitting the turf, LJ dropped the ball. Once on the turf Mario dropped the people's elbow on him got up snagged the ball and did the Rick Flair walk for 80 yards into the end zone.

comahan
09-17-2007, 04:28 PM
Mario actually gave Larry Johnson the razor's edge and in route to hitting the turf, LJ dropped the ball. Once on the turf Mario dropped the people's elbow on him got up snagged the ball and did the Rick Flair walk for 80 yards into the end zone.

I have to say, i loved this post. Razors Edge is my favorite finisher ever.

awfullyquiet
09-17-2007, 04:30 PM
oh man.

1) The Titans rushing attack looks like the Jags running attack last year. only forty pounds heavier (and one really tall and kinda slippery vince young).
2) The top 3 running backs in the league have been dominated. LJ, LT, SJax all have looked like crap running the ball. They haven't turned the corners, beat linebackers, haven't showed enough elusiveness, vision... and it doesn't help that in LJ's case the box is stacked with 9 guys... and that the best WR for LT to stretch the field is a TE who just lets someone not line up outside and keep them nice and close to still have 7+ in the box... SJax has no excuse, except for maybe missing pace... and it will probably continue. and if it does. i told you so sarf.
3) Packers beat the Eagles?
4) I don't remember last year, nor the year before looking so funny as it did this week... i mean. the lions are 2-0, i imagined they would be. but oakland almost winning? i'm shocked! kinda scared and elated too.
5) jamal lewis might have about 13 dollars left in his tank. but he was going 120 against the bengals for sure...
6) Charlie Frye and David Carr were both problematic.
7) Jake Delhomme is the current fantasy leader after two weeks, with something ridiculous like 85 points.
8) The Colts are 2-0. Yeah, that's a WTF to me. and the fact they don't look horrible on defense is weird.

09-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Same could be said about the Broncos. What about the Bengals? They lost to the Browns. There is parity in the NFL.

Yeah, right now I would not be shocked if the Lions are better than us. We barely BARELY beat two bad teams. We could SO easily be 0-2. If that TO came one second later(and there were DEFINITELY presnap whistles, watch it again if you ont believe me), or if the kicking team took one more second to get on the field against Buffalo, we are 0-2. The entire AFC West is sucking right now.

JCutlery
09-17-2007, 04:50 PM

You're telling me... this bum is on my fantasy team.

yourfavestoner
09-17-2007, 05:09 PM
everyone needs to stop crediting mario williams with that touchdown. It wasn't some awesome play, the td just fell in his lap. He could have been wearing a blindfold and he still would have scored. I don't know why he was so far away from the play in the first place.

So when Reggie Bush gets around to scoring a touchdown, if it's because of a huge hole where he gets untouched, should we not credit him for it?

Dam8610
09-17-2007, 05:16 PM
8) The Colts are 2-0. Yeah, that's a WTF to me. and the fact they don't look horrible on defense is weird.

Why is the fact that a team that opened 13-0 in 2005 and 9-0 in 2006 has opened the 2007 season at 2-0 shocking?

Addict
09-17-2007, 05:19 PM
basically the general wtf is that the favourites are dissapointing and the expected bottom feeders are doing well.

ShutDwn
09-17-2007, 05:21 PM
7) Jake Delhomme is the current fantasy leader after two weeks, with something ridiculous like 85 points.

Are you sure Brady isn't ahead of him? But Jake has looked so much better than he ever has.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: Julius Peppers: 2 total tackles.

Half because the coaching staff is moving him around too much and dropping him back. Half because the coaching staff sucks and doesn't know how to utilize one of the leagues most talented. You could also say Peppers lacks some tenacity.

When Peppers is going, he dominates, when he isn't. He is average. I am just glad is good against the run. But then again teams don't need to run at him when they can run at Kemoeatu and get 5 per.

bigbluedefense
09-17-2007, 05:25 PM
Are you sure Brady isn't ahead of him? But Jake has looked so much better than he ever has.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: Julius Peppers: 2 total tackles.

Half because the coaching staff is moving him around too much and dropping him back. Half because the coaching staff sucks and doesn't know how to utilize one of the leagues most talented. You could also say Peppers lacks some tenacity.

When Peppers is going, he dominates, when he isn't. He is average. I am just glad is good against the run. But then again teams don't need to run at him when they can run at Kemoeatu and get 5 per.

I think Peppers isn't the problem. I think the other members of the dline is. He needs more help. Let's face it, Jenkins isn't the player he used to be, and Rucker is only getting older. Kemoeatu is a JAG. The coaching staff is probably moving him around to try to get some favorable matchups his way.

As for my personal critique of Peppers, Ive always felt he relies on athleticism a little too much. He's never worked on his arsenal of pass rush moves. And thats why he's inconsistent during the year. He could be a weekly monster if he just works on his craft.

But its way too early to panic. Watch him get 2 sacks next week lol. He's painfully inconsistent at times. He'll disappear and reappear for stretches. Peppers is fine.

Addict
09-17-2007, 05:28 PM
I think Peppers isn't the problem. I think the other members of the dline is. He needs more help. Let's face it, Jenkins isn't the player he used to be, and Rucker is only getting older. Kemoeatu is a JAG. The coaching staff is probably moving him around to try to get some favorable matchups his way.

As for my personal critique of Peppers, Ive always felt he relies on athleticism a little too much. He's never worked on his arsenal of pass rush moves. And thats why he's inconsistent during the year. He could be a weekly monster if he just works on his craft.

But its way too early to panic. Watch him get 2 sacks next week lol. He's painfully inconsistent at times. He'll disappear and reappear for stretches. Peppers is fine.

that's the problem with the physically gifted: they tend to rely too much on talent.

Mike Vick would have been the greatest QB in the history of the NFL had he put some effort into actually throwing the ball (and not in having canines kill each other)

bigbluedefense
09-17-2007, 05:32 PM
that's the problem with the physically gifted: they tend to rely too much on talent.

Mike Vick would have been the greatest QB in the history of the NFL had he put some effort into actually throwing the ball (and not in having canines kill each other)

Yup, DeMarcus Ware is another example of this. He could be so much better if he just worked on his pass rushing technique.

So far, Mario Williams is doing a good job. Ive seen him use a variety of techniques, and he has the physicality to match it. Don't be surprised if he's the best DE in football in 2 years. I think he can be better than Peppers.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-17-2007, 06:26 PM
Maurice Jones Drew and Jerious Norwood are looking like huge fantasy busts.

Shiver
09-17-2007, 06:30 PM
Yup, DeMarcus Ware is another example of this. He could be so much better if he just worked on his pass rushing technique.

So far, Mario Williams is doing a good job. Ive seen him use a variety of techniques, and he has the physicality to match it. Don't be surprised if he's the best DE in football in 2 years. I think he can be better than Peppers.

Peppers vanishes too much for my taste and isn't as good against the run as he should be. I think Mario Williams can be better than him at all facets of the game except for dropping back into coverage.

Green Bay Scat
09-17-2007, 06:37 PM
how about 10 DL with picks this year

yourfavestoner
09-17-2007, 06:57 PM
oh man.

1) The Titans rushing attack looks like the Jags running attack last year. only forty pounds heavier (and one really tall and kinda slippery vince young).
2) The top 3 running backs in the league have been dominated. LJ, LT, SJax all have looked like crap running the ball. They haven't turned the corners, beat linebackers, haven't showed enough elusiveness, vision... and it doesn't help that in LJ's case the box is stacked with 9 guys... and that the best WR for LT to stretch the field is a TE who just lets someone not line up outside and keep them nice and close to still have 7+ in the box... SJax has no excuse, except for maybe missing pace... and it will probably continue. and if it does. i told you so sarf.
3) Packers beat the Eagles?
4) I don't remember last year, nor the year before looking so funny as it did this week... i mean. the lions are 2-0, i imagined they would be. but oakland almost winning? i'm shocked! kinda scared and elated too.
5) jamal lewis might have about 13 dollars left in his tank. but he was going 120 against the bengals for sure...
6) Charlie Frye and David Carr were both problematic.

Definitely not a "wtf" if you're an AFC South fan. We all knew he sucked. Texans fans especially knew he sucked. Nobody else wanted to listen cause they liked him too much (for whatever reason). I swear, David Carr has more apologists than any other player in football.

ShutDwn
09-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Peppers vanishes too much for my taste and isn't as good against the run as he should be. I think Mario Williams can be better than him at all facets of the game except for dropping back into coverage.

Mario has a ways to go to get to Peppers level, and a lot more to surpass him.

Peppers is a bit over rated because he disappears, but this is due to coaching and him doing what he is told. But, if he was on a team like the Patriots, he would put up unbelievable statistics.

Shiver
09-17-2007, 07:18 PM
are you suggesting that reggie bush might score this year?

next you'll be telling me he might actually average over 3 yards per carry at some point.

Quiet you blasphemer! He's better than Gale Sayers and Marshall Faulk combined! You're just jealous of his hall-of-fame skills, good looks, women and money.

PoopSandwich
09-17-2007, 07:23 PM
I heard nothing on the TV broadcast and if they were so audible then why did everyone go full speed on the play, wouldn't somebody on Denver indicate that they had called timeout?

I heard the whistles before the snap ON tv as I was watching live and was wondering why they let them even snap the ball, as they celebrated and the announcers talked as if the Raiders won I was waiting for them to say there was a timeout called, so I wasn't shocked when they said it happened.

Beans
09-17-2007, 07:26 PM
The Bucs' leading offensive players (Garcia, Galloway, Hilliard) are all like 80.

Bills2083
09-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Everything about the Bills. (besides Lynch and Moorman)

neko4
09-17-2007, 07:39 PM
I like the Packers this year. Great defense with a solid offense. One of the rookie RBs has to emerge to call them a contender, but they can still win games.
Hopefully things will get going when Morency is healthy

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Tomlinson killing my fantasy team... Stupid Norv Turner! What happened to the easiest #1 pick ever????

Ronnie Brown WTF???? Jesse Chatman's been playing better than you son.

MJD and Fred Taylor.... What's goin on in Jax Dirk Koetter?

San Diego Chicken
09-17-2007, 07:52 PM
The Saints offense has been a definite WTF. I think they may have played over their heads last year and they're too pass happy. Brees's arm looks tired.

The Steelers have been a very good WTF. They look like they're returning to 04 and 05 form.

VY10
09-17-2007, 08:00 PM

Sorry I'm getting back late to you....

1 The Aints are back to their old ways ever since the NFL stopped rigging games for them... just kidding. Their secondary is terrible and Reggie Bush isn't that good.

2. We did not make the biggest mistake ever. The Aints throw the ball or hand it off to Reggie Bush waaaayyy too much.... Of course he is going to score sometime. If we had drafted Reggie we would have a worthless wide receiver trying to play running back. He would be god awful in our zone blocking scheme. And did you really think Mario would be bad forever? The guy played injured most of last season. Amobi is awesome. We also have a better QB that has better pocket poise and he has helped our O-Line out by getting rid of the ball.

Stop listening to ESPIN and watching 20 highlights every time Reggie Bush makes somebody miss. He isn't that good. He is talented but he certainly isn't a pro style back. My suggestion to him is to line up at WR every time.

HoopsDemon12
09-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Tomlinson killing my fantasy team... Stupid Norv Turner! What happened to the easiest #1 pick ever????

Ronnie Brown WTF???? Jesse Chatman's been playing better than you son.

MJD and Fred Taylor.... What's goin on in Jax Dirk Koetter?

The Saints offense has been a definite WTF. I think they may have played over their heads last year and they're too pass happy. Brees's arm looks tired.

The Steelers have been a very good WTF. They look like they're returning to 04 and 05 form.

sad thing is i have MJD and Bush as my runningbacks... thank god for peterson

09-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Sorry I'm getting back late to you....

1 The Aints are back to their old ways ever since the NFL stopped rigging games for them... just kidding. Their secondary is terrible and Reggie Bush isn't that good.

2. We did not make the biggest mistake ever. The Aints throw the ball or hand it off to Reggie Bush waaaayyy too much.... Of course he is going to score sometime. If we had drafted Reggie we would have a worthless wide receiver trying to play running back. He would be god awful in our zone blocking scheme. And did you really think Mario would be bad forever? The guy played injured most of last season. Amobi is awesome. We also have a better QB that has better pocket poise and he has helped our O-Line out by getting rid of the ball.

Stop listening to ESPIN and watching 20 highlights every time Reggie Bush makes somebody miss. He isn't that good. He is talented but he certainly isn't a pro style back. My suggestion to him is to line up at WR every time.

I was being sarcastic about the Bush thing. I just like rubbing it in through sarcasm that Mario has more TDs than Bush.

wiscbadgerfootball
09-17-2007, 08:18 PM
Ronnie Brown is killing my fantasy team.

soybean
09-17-2007, 08:21 PM
the saints should trade reggie bush as soon as possible while his value is still high. They can probably get a stud d-lineman or corner for him.

yodabear
09-17-2007, 08:22 PM
Ronnie Brown is killing my fantasy team.

Your football team is 2-0, I don't wanna hear about your fantasy team.

wiscbadgerfootball
09-17-2007, 09:01 PM
so is my fantasy team but he still is blowing it up

locseti
09-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Norv Turner is a mediocre head coach. The Raiders are [still] getting screwed by the refs. Oh, wait..

San Diego Chicken
09-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Another WTF - The older QB's in the league, Kitna, Favre and Garcia, have all gotten off to surprisingly good starts, and their teams have too for that matter. On the other hand, the younger 1st round QB's, Young, Leinart, Rivers, Cutler, Losman, haven't been playing particularly well.

PoopSandwich
09-17-2007, 10:24 PM
My WTF's

1. The top 5 Rushers are Travis Henry, Jamal Lewis, Willie Parker, LaMont Jordan, and Edge James... Only one of those (Willie) I could have seen before the season... WTF!

2. 51-45... WTF?

3. Adalius Thomas can outrun WR's... WTF?

4. Houston Texans 2-0? Not a WTF for me... I guess if anything I'm surprised the line is holding up offensively (if it is i haven't seen their games but I assume it is.)

5. Video tape scandal?

6. The Falcons really are THAT BAD.

7. St. Louis ISNT that bad.

8. WTF Minnesotta I picked you guys to win, same with Seattle and St. Louis, all 3 of you guys lost close games :(

9. Green Bay and Detroit are 2-0? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09-17-2007, 10:25 PM
Brady finally has receivers WTF??

niel89
09-17-2007, 10:28 PM
My WTF's

i knew that. he is a beast;)

PoopSandwich
09-17-2007, 10:30 PM
i knew that. he is a beast;)

I really like and respect his game, but DAMN is he fast!

fenikz
09-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Another WTF - The older QB's in the league, Kitna, Favre and Garcia, have all gotten off to surprisingly good starts, and their teams have too for that matter. On the other hand, the younger 1st round QB's, Young, Leinart, Rivers, Cutler, Losman, haven't been playing particularly well.

Leinart did extremely well his 2nd game

Green Bay Scat
09-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Cutler did good too. one pick was defflected by Richardson and it went for a TD, i forgot what happened on the 1st one, but i dont think it was his fault. Cutler also led them down the field for the game winning fg

San Diego Chicken
09-17-2007, 10:40 PM
Cutler did good too. one pick was defflected by Richardson and it went for a TD, i forgot what happened on the 1st one, but i dont think it was his fault. Cutler also led them down the field for the game winning fg

That last drive was all Travis Henry, Cutler doesn't deserve credit for that.

San Diego Chicken
09-17-2007, 10:46 PM
yeah... the game-tying drive, with a 23 yard 3rd down conversion to stokely, the 12 yard pass putting us into field goal range... the 22 yard pass to marshall to set up the chip shot in overtime to marshall... he didn't do anything.

He said game winning drive and I assume that's what he meant.

Green Bay Scat
09-17-2007, 10:50 PM
He said game winning drive and I assume that's what he meant.

i ment, both, i just forgot what he did exactly, im a cutler fan, not a denver fan(go vandy of course) but he is the reason they won that game, and in the end, stats dont matter all that does is that W

09-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Little known fact, Cutler actually willed Travis Henry for all those yards. And he willed Shanahan to the timeout, and Janikowski to miss. All Cutler does is win games. He is a super winner.

Green Bay Scat
09-17-2007, 10:52 PM
Little known fact, Cutler actually willed Travis Henry for all those yards. And he willed Shanahan to the timeout, and Janikowski to miss. All Cutler does is win games. He is a super winner.

its Karma from his vandy days, hes destend to win 2/3 superbowls thanks to those vandy days

JK17
09-17-2007, 10:52 PM

Wait, wait, wait...as big of a game winner as Vince Young. I mean, Cutler may be god and all...but just watch ESPN they all agree, Vince Young just wins games. Cutler's not as super of a winner as Young, clearly.

Green Bay Scat
09-17-2007, 10:53 PM
fair enough, i'd assumed he'd meant the end of the game even though he didn't say anything to indicate that.

you read my mind, thats what i meant

09-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Wait, wait, wait...as big of a game winner as Vince Young. I mean, Cutler may be god and all...but just watch ESPN they all agree, Vince Young just wins games. Cutler's not as super of a winner as Young, clearly.

I think you are just jealous because we are 2-0 and you are 1-1. And Vince Young is also 1-1, meaning Cutler has now won more games this year than Vince. He has also willed other players to more yards than Vince has so far.

JK17
09-17-2007, 10:58 PM
I think you are just jealous because we are 2-0 and you are 1-1. And Vince Young is also 1-1, meaning Cutler has now won more games this year than Vince. He has also willed other players to more yards than Vince has so far.

Nah man, that loss couldn't have been Vince Young's fault, he's too much of a winner for taht. There must have been a mistake in the score-keeping. And c'mon man, don't you know Vince Young wills his entire team all the time.

I mean he willed Chris Brown and LenDale White for over 200 yards rushing against Jax! That was all him, he's a winner.

09-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Pffft. He willed Champ Bailey into making the tackle on the KR that woulda been a TD. He willed Selvin Young into knocking the ball out of bounds after he threw it backwards. He willed the kicking team onto the field at the end against Buffalo. He willed the Raiders to making a close game out of it, he has a sick sense of humour that way.

JK17
09-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Pffft. He willed Champ Bailey into making the tackle on the KR that woulda been a TD. He willed Selvin Young into knocking the ball out of bounds after he threw it backwards. He willed the kicking team onto the field at the end against Buffalo. He willed the Raiders to making a close game out of it, he has a sick sense of humour that way.

Well rumor has it, that although everyone in the media was baffled as to why AJ Smith would hire Norv Turner, it turns out Jay Cutler actually willed AJ into doing it, thus giving the Broncos the AFC West....this new revelation solves that offseason mystery.

Windy
09-17-2007, 11:07 PM
http://www.jezner.com/images/blog/01-2006/plummer.jpg

The Curse Of Jake Plummer 2007

Jvig43
09-17-2007, 11:23 PM
Dude vince young is a lot better then Jay cutler, Vince lost a tough one to the colts, and pulled out a win against the jags, when everyone said the titans would suck. Now denver on the other hand, everyone had them picked to be a top five team, but is anyone besides the bronco fans really believe that after barely managing to slip by the fing bills and raiders?

Green Bay Scat
09-17-2007, 11:25 PM
Dude vince young is a lot better then Jay cutler, Vince lost a tough one to the colts, and pulled out a win against the jags, when everyone said the titans would suck. Now denver on the other hand, everyone had them picked to be a top five team, but is anyone besides the bronco fans really believe that after barely managing to slip by the fing bills and raiders?

a wins a win, eh?

TacticaLion
09-17-2007, 11:38 PM
a wins a win, eh?

But a close win is a close win and a blowout is a blowout. Each can tell you something about the team and how that team plays against different competition.

litlharsh
09-17-2007, 11:55 PM
WTF!!zomg dudz teh patriots r a bunch of haxorz!!11

ahahhaha SIG QUOTE

KCJ58
09-18-2007, 12:00 AM
Steven Jackson

TitanHope
09-18-2007, 12:03 AM
Huh, that's pretty interesting. Manning was great yesterday, although he got too pass happy in the second half. Boo at the no-call against Reggie Wayne on the INT play, but the refs have been sticking it to the Colts so far this season, for whatever reason.

Yup, both had "ok" days statistically. Peyton had a QB rating of 86.6, with a 66.7% comp. percentage, 312 yards, and 1 TD and 1 INT. Young had a 95.3 QB rating, 63% comp. percentage, 184 yards passing/53 yards rushing, and 1 TD and 0 INT. Young is also completing over 60% of his passes this season, and against talented secondaries as well. Thats great to see as a Titans fan, though I still like it when he runs. :) I didn't see the no call on Wayne (Or any part of the game during the 2nd half, for that matter). What happened?

Also, I'm really looking forward to the Titans vs Broncos game. A battle of the wills, if you will. :P

bored of education
09-18-2007, 06:38 AM
Jay Cutler being Godly

09-18-2007, 06:39 AM

Umm... I don't even think the Broncos are a top 5 team. I haven't all year. I know njx doesn't think so either, and I'm pretty sure most Broncos fans on here don't believe we're a top 5 team. As far as Cutler vs. VY...

Cutler has TWICE the yardage of VY. Passing, and if you wanna bring in total yards, it's still 589 to 337. He's throwing over 30 passes per game(10th in the NFL), when Young is 31st in attempts(And that includes guys who got injured and didn't finish their game). It's clear Cutler is being showcased more, and we all know 30 is the benchmark(Look at Roethlisberger last year. Now he appears to be getting the hang of it, but last year throwing 30+ he did not look good). Vince Young has the much better line as well. The only thing VY has on Cutler right now is the TD:INT ratio, since he's at 1:1 and Cutlers at 2:3. Every single other passing statistic you can point to shows Cutler ahead. He also is 2-0, and I thought all the VY supporters said that they didn't care how VY looked as long as he won... well, Cutler's the one who's 2-0 right now, with 2 game winning drives in the last 2 minutes or OT.

bored of education
09-18-2007, 06:41 AM
Cutler is a quarterback. A very godly quarterback.

09-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Well, a serious WTF I just noticed, Denver is #1 in total Offense, and #2 in total defense.

SubNoize
09-18-2007, 11:22 AM
oakland fans are whining because the rules were properly enforced... oh, wait...

yeah just like last year when Vincent Jackson spiked the ball in the middle of the field which should have been a fumble, but was called a forward pass, yeah the officials are always spot on and us fans are just whiners. Give me a break, you would have flipped you sad disgruntled lid if that TO was awarded to Oak and cost Den the game, so spare me.

TacticaLion
09-18-2007, 12:06 PM
unless you've actually watched that team for the last few years and realized that this is about par for the course early in the season. but something tells me you haven't done that and really aren't qualified to express an opinion here.
Wow... I'm not "qualified" to express an opinion here? What qualification do I need to respond to someone's comment on an internet forum? www.internetqualifications.com? Gotchya. I'll be sure to pick one up.

He simply stated that a win was a win, but a win can tell you a lot about the two teams. My response fit the comment.

islandboy843
09-18-2007, 12:11 PM
Titans Secondary without PacMan

Hines
09-18-2007, 12:17 PM
the steelers team without cowher and porter

islandboy843
09-18-2007, 12:20 PM
the steelers team without cowher and porter

Whats up man......

Hines
09-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Whats up man......

ah nm man...hit me up sometime

islandboy843
09-18-2007, 12:24 PM
ah nm man...hit me up sometime

College is taking up so much of my time. Cant talk on here like I used to.

Oh Yeah

Madden Curse on Vince

TitanHope
09-18-2007, 02:35 PM
why? our linebackers can't tackle anyone. it will either look like the cleveland/cinci game, or we'll get crushed and i'll get to spend a week listening to how elusive vince is, despite the fact that ian gold would make my dead dog look elusive.

Um...I'm sorry to hear about your doggy...

Cutler has TWICE the yardage of VY. Passing, and if you wanna bring in total yards, it's still 589 to 337. He's throwing over 30 passes per game(10th in the NFL), when Young is 31st in attempts(And that includes guys who got injured and didn't finish their game). It's clear Cutler is being showcased more, and we all know 30 is the benchmark(Look at Roethlisberger last year. Now he appears to be getting the hang of it, but last year throwing 30+ he did not look good). Vince Young has the much better line as well. The only thing VY has on Cutler right now is the TD:INT ratio, since he's at 1:1 and Cutlers at 2:3. Every single other passing statistic you can point to shows Cutler ahead. He also is 2-0, and I thought all the VY supporters said that they didn't care how VY looked as long as he won... well, Cutler's the one who's 2-0 right now, with 2 game winning drives in the last 2 minutes or OT.

And? It seems silly that a Denver fan can make fun of the "Vince Young fans" and other attention he gets when on ESPN, the so called experts who love Vince Young, are also talking about how great Cutler is, and that he has "it." Seriously, its been two games and Cutler hasn't even looked well against bad opponents, both of whom are 0-2, while Vince has looked at least ok against two teams who have at least a .500 record with a 2:1 TD:INT ratio. Game winning drives? Nice! 3 more and he just may be on the same level of accomplishment as Young at the end of last season. The only thing Cutler has on Vince is one more win. The two's statistics can't be compared since the QB's themselves and the roles they are asked to fulfill aren't even remotely similar. But lets just wait until a few more games until the Young vs Cutler wars begin, which is the why, njx, that I'm looking forward to the Titans/Broncos game.

09-18-2007, 03:56 PM

And? It seems silly that a Denver fan can make fun of the "Vince Young fans" and other attention he gets when on ESPN, the so called experts who love Vince Young, are also talking about how great Cutler is, and that he has "it." Seriously, its been two games and Cutler hasn't even looked well against bad opponents, both of whom are 0-2, while Vince has looked at least ok against two teams who have at least a .500 record with a 2:1 TD:INT ratio. Game winning drives? Nice! 3 more and he just may be on the same level of accomplishment as Young at the end of last season. The only thing Cutler has on Vince is one more win. The two's statistics can't be compared since the QB's themselves and the roles they are asked to fulfill aren't even remotely similar. But lets just wait until a few more games until the Young vs Cutler wars begin, which is the why, njx, that I'm looking forward to the Titans/Broncos game.

And yeah, Cutler's getting his recognition now, which is good. I was mocking the way some VY fans were looking at it before. Now, you say Cutler hasn't even looked good.. Well, he is beating VY in everything but TD:INT ratio, which comes with throwing the ball a whole lot more(not to mention further down the field) and having a worse offensive line. It does have a bit to do with the offense, but maybe there is a reason why Cutler throws the ball more? Like, he's better at it or something? I dunno. Oh, and it's difficult to gauge the Bills and Raiders accurately right now. They're both 0-2, yes, but they both played two undefeated teams, the Bills the Steelers(who look dominant), and the Raiders the Lions(who look like they might not suck this year), as well as playing us.

Let me just say something though: I think Young will be great. I think he's already really improved over last season, as well. I think he and Cutler will both be among the league's top QBs in a few years. I see a lot of good stuff from both these guys, and some bad stuff too. I think you'll beat us if we keep playing this way though, no way we stop your running game the way we've played.

SubNoize
09-18-2007, 04:09 PM
because it was a clear timeout. are you deaf or blind? you could both clearly HEAR the whistles blowing before the snap as well as SEE the officials waving their hands. it was bloody obvious to everyone on earth EXCEPT a certain subset of whining raiders fans who were too busy celebrating to pay any attention whatsoever to what was going on on the field. but hey, tell me about how they mis-interpreted the rules back in the playoffs against the pats again. i love hearing you people whine about that correct call, too.

Amazing how on a high def. TV with an HDMI hookup and a full surround sound both myself and my father (who is a Dallas fan) did not see officials waiving off the play or hear any whistles until after the ball was already sailing through the uprights. But amazingly somehow you being a Denver fan were able to accomplish seeing and hearing the refs, you must have superhuman abilities, njx the arrogant self-loving disgruntled poster boy-wonder...Nice job bringing up the Pats as well, a game in where they had mics placed on their defensive lineman so they could record our audibles and offensive calls, so I guess they cheated on many levels that day, especially in convincing the refs that you could be throwing a forward pass with ball tucked into your body below the waist.

Green Bay Scat
09-18-2007, 04:13 PM
Amazing how on a high def. TV with an HDMI hookup and a full surround sound both myself and my father (who is a Dallas fan) did not see officials waiving off the play or hear any whistles until after the ball was already sailing through the uprights. But amazingly somehow you being a Denver fan were able to accomplish seeing and hearing the refs, you must have superhuman abilities, njx the arrogant self-loving disgruntled poster boy-wonder...Nice job bringing up the Pats as well, a game in where they had mics placed on their defensive lineman so they could record our audibles and offensive calls, so I guess they cheated on many levels that day, especially in convincing the refs that you could be throwing a forward pass with ball tucked into your body below the waist.

the problem with the pats tuck, was the fact they never use that rule and then just randomly used it at the pats home place? if ur under 50 years old, u probably didnt even know it existed. however in the Denver game, it doesnt matter if u heard it or not, just know that they did get it off in time, u can see the ref on the right, wave his arms before the ball is hiked. It was a smart move by denver, and insted of bitchin at denver for callin a TO, ***** at Janikowski for missin it, if u make it once, make it again? shame on you

Windy
09-18-2007, 04:20 PM
the tuck rule was terrible. as for the denver game, there wasnt anything illegal it just blows.

LonghornsLegend
09-18-2007, 04:22 PM
And yeah, Cutler's getting his recognition now, which is good. I was mocking the way some VY fans were looking at it before. Now, you say Cutler hasn't even looked good.. Well, he is beating VY in everything but TD:INT ratio, which comes with throwing the ball a whole lot more(not to mention further down the field) and having a worse offensive line. It does have a bit to do with the offense, but maybe there is a reason why Cutler throws the ball more? Like, he's better at it or something? I dunno. Oh, and it's difficult to gauge the Bills and Raiders accurately right now. They're both 0-2, yes, but they both played two undefeated teams, the Bills the Steelers(who look dominant), and the Raiders the Lions(who look like they might not suck this year), as well as playing us.

Let me just say something though: I think Young will be great. I think he's already really improved over last season, as well. I think he and Cutler will both be among the league's top QBs in a few years. I see a lot of good stuff from both these guys, and some bad stuff too. I think you'll beat us if we keep playing this way though, no way we stop your running game the way we've played.

as much as "you guys" talk about espn slobbering over vince and etc etc, it sounds like thats all you guys do here except the opposite...is it really that important to prove whose the better qb at this point? its both very early in their careers, both qb's havent started a full season yet, both offensives are run differently, both are two different types of qb's....im sure if u broke down comparisons both would rate higher in certain areas

but being that its this early, it just kills me people try to go overboard to prove how much better this pick was then that pick and both players are still developing...now if were talking about big ben, eli and rivers, that argument holds a little more weight, but as far as qbs who havent even started 16 games its pointless

i agree with you as well both will be very good, just a tad premature to discuss whose further along when both will make alot of mistakes

Green Bay Scat
09-18-2007, 04:24 PM

you know what i love about this? all the talk about VY and Cutler, nothing about Leinart, i wish Arizona drafted Cutler, thats what i was hoping for.

TacticaLion
09-18-2007, 04:34 PM
your response indicated that THESE wins could tell you something, and suggested that it was more than a vague possibility. given that you likely have not watched more than 2 broncos games in the recent past, you are not qualified to have an opinion on whether or not the broncos wins tell you anything about the team.
Not at all. My response had nothing to do with the Broncos or the 2007 season, but wins in general.

a wins a win, eh?But a close win is a close win and a blowout is a blowout. Each can tell you something about the team and how that team plays against different competition.My response "indicated" nothing. If you assumed, that's on you.

awfullyquiet
09-18-2007, 06:56 PM

Y'know. The man is crazy.
I heard vaguely that he covered chad johnson once after playing nose tackle the previous play. johnson says, get your fat ass back in there before i embarrass you...
Adalius puts on the press, ocho doesn't move.
And this is chad johnson, who's not small by any means and has a knack for beating the jam.

if i knew of any videos existing, i would show it.
but i don't.

Bills2083
09-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Y'know. The man is crazy.
I heard vaguely that he covered chad johnson once after playing nose tackle the previous play. johnson says, get your fat ass back in there before i embarrass you...
Adalius puts on the press, ocho doesn't move.
And this is chad johnson, who's not small by any means and has a knack for beating the jam.

if i knew of any videos existing, i would show it.
but i don't.

Thomas is a freak of nature. Why did the Ravens let him leave? Was it money, or did he not want to play for Baltimore anymore?

SubNoize
09-18-2007, 07:33 PM
yes, self-loving... disgruntled... ok. go find some replays sweetheart, it's fairly obvious. even other raiders fans realize it was the right call. but yeah, you and your dad are expert NFL officials. that's why everyone on earth is agreeing with you and screaming in outrage right now.

well considering that my father in law is an NFL official I like to fancy myself somewhat of an expert or at least a tad bit more familiar with the rules than an average fan. In addition to that, one of my best friends since high school is Donald Suggs, his brother plays in the NFL you may know him, Terrell Suggs of the Ravens... So yes I think it's ridiculous that the FG was not awarded, the play was not blown dead and should have stood. Even if the timeout was called correctly, that means that Denver should have been penalized for a personal foul for making contact resulting in a first down, so yeah the Raiders got pretty screwed.

TacticaLion
09-18-2007, 09:17 PM
well considering that my father in law is an NFL official I like to fancy myself somewhat of an expert or at least a tad bit more familiar with the rules than an average fan. In addition to that, one of my best friends since high school is Donald Suggs, his brother plays in the NFL you may know him, Terrell Suggs of the Ravens... So yes I think it's ridiculous that the FG was not awarded, the play was not blown dead and should have stood. Even if the timeout was called correctly, that means that Denver should have been penalized for a personal foul for making contact resulting in a first down, so yeah the Raiders got pretty screwed.
Not taking sides (and I agree that the whole FG thing, although legal, is slight ********), but your father-in-law and your high school friend do not necessarily have anything to do with your knowledge of football or the rules of the game. Your father-in-law could've spent the last 10 years training you on the rules, or Terrell Suggs himself could've taken you under his wing and taught you everything about football, but you didn't mention a scenario like that... you just mentioned them. They don't really mean anything without further clarification.

Just a side note...

Green Bay Scat
09-18-2007, 09:39 PM
Not taking sides (and I agree that the whole FG thing, although legal, is slight ********), but your father-in-law and your high school friend do not necessarily have anything to do with your knowledge of football or the rules of the game. Your father-in-law could've spent the last 10 years training you on the rules, or Terrell Suggs himself could've taken you under his wing and taught you everything about football, but you didn't mention a scenario like that... you just mentioned them. They don't really mean anything without further clarification.

Just a side note...

i like ur new added sig lol

smittyjs
09-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Drew Brees FTW!!!!!!

TitanHope
09-18-2007, 11:12 PM

Tis true. I shouldn't have put "hasn't looked good." My point was that I didn't think that his play was head and shoulders above Young's. Pass attempts and yards don't matter much on my opinion. I base my opinion off of comp. percentage, QB rating, and TD:INT. All of which Young and Cutler are similar in. But then again, I would bear Vince Young's children, so I am slightly biased. I will agree that Cutler is a better passer than Young, though. And I still maintain the opinion that the Bills and Raiders are bad teams.

My sentiments exactly. But its a long time between now and the week we play. You never know how well either team will be looking.

why? based on the above statement it still won't be a relevant arena for comparison/criticism.

Them playing against each other will be a relevant comparison, in my view. Just because they aren't easily compared doesn't mean that it'll stop, though. So at least after that game it can be said that one beat the other in an actual game.

you know what i love about this? all the talk about VY and Cutler, nothing about Leinart, i wish Arizona drafted Cutler, thats what i was hoping for.

I thought about adding in Leinart's name, until I looked at his situation. He's 1-1 with a 66.3 QB rating, despite having a good supporting cast. He played horrible against San Fran, but well against Seattle. *Shrug* He'll be fine. Besides, Matty is getting enough attention from Archie Manning and Mrs. Manning to sustain himself.

jayceheathman
09-19-2007, 01:01 AM
The Texans upsetting the Colts to go 3-0

Dam8610
09-19-2007, 02:03 AM

Was it for a TD? If not, Brad Johnson's is still better.

Dam8610
09-19-2007, 02:04 AM

You might want to wait for things to happen before you talk about them as though they're certainties.

BlindSite
09-19-2007, 02:15 AM
. And I still maintain the opinion that the Bills and Raiders are bad teams.

Raiders had what the 4th overall defense last year? Not that bad.

MaxV
09-19-2007, 08:06 AM
How about, WTF is happenning to McNabb?

Jughead10
09-19-2007, 08:12 AM

I had a sarcastic remark. But better judgement prevailed.

21ST
09-19-2007, 08:12 AM

He is injured

SubNoize
09-19-2007, 02:28 PM
were any of those invented people on the field? then who the **** cares what their uneducated, sideline opinion was? either way, the raiders offensive line would've been called for the SAME penalty, given that the timeout was called on the sideline, apparently unbeknownst to the players on the field. that's still a ridiculous opinion coming from a sore loser. get over it. jesus.

but hey, my sister's best friend's fiance's dog's kennel owner thinks the raiders should be pulled out of the league. just in case, you know, you still think it's relevant to randomly list people you know as if they have any impact whatsoever on anything.

Yeah you're right, I so made those people up, because NFL refs and players have no family whatsoever and it's not at all possible that someone involved with these people could actually be on the internet, that's just impossible. I'm not being a sore loser and in my opinion the Raiders didn't deserve to be in position to win, but they were and should have. Cutler and Henry absolutely dominated Oak. and if Denver could just run defend it would have been like 40-0. I didn't list them as an impact to my argument, I was just defending myself because you pretty much said i know jack **** about football, when that couldn't be further from the truth, I've had an NFL official explain rules to me, and I hear about the game a lot through working out with Terrell and Donald in the offseason when he comes back home.

EvilMonkey
09-19-2007, 03:47 PM

gonna be pretty tough without andre johnson...

awfullyquiet
09-19-2007, 03:52 PM
He is injured

injured in the braaaaaain.

Green Bay Scat
09-19-2007, 03:59 PM
He is injured

i love the sig, but maybe pwned?

TitanHope
09-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Raiders had what the 4th overall defense last year? Not that bad.

That was last season, though they should still be good on defense this year (I haven't seen them play, so I dunno how they look). But as a team, which includes their offense, they're in the bottom of the AFC, until they prove otherwise. And I think that any team who has questions at QB will struggle against any opponent. So if McCown or Culpepper step up, they should be much better. Too bad Jamarcus will be starting eventually, no matter what.

awfullyquiet
09-19-2007, 05:23 PM
That was last season, though they should still be good on defense this year (I haven't seen them play, so I dunno how they look). But as a team, which includes their offense, they're in the bottom of the AFC, until they prove otherwise. And I think that any team who has questions at QB will struggle against any opponent. So if McCown or Culpepper step up, they should be much better. Too bad Jamarcus will be starting eventually, no matter what.

I think they've already stepped up.
If they beat the brownies it'll be pretty clear they're actually above the bottom of the AFC.
And they had the fourth best defense... with an offense that could barely stay on the field. that say something... if their offense stays on the field, the defense hasn't been dismantled and will remain constant.

SubNoize
09-19-2007, 06:40 PM
I think they've already stepped up.
If they beat the brownies it'll be pretty clear they're actually above the bottom of the AFC.
And they had the fourth best defense... with an offense that could barely stay on the field. that say something... if their offense stays on the field, the defense hasn't been dismantled and will remain constant.

Raiders D is pretty awful this year IMO... They're really weak in the defensive backfield, and teams are forcing them to play zone and we're getting shredded. Also for some reason Ryan will not blitz more than the front 4, the few times we've done this they've had success, but they put too much faith in the front 4. Stanford Routt is just a disaster and we need a fix at some point because he's like a Fred Thomas liability in coverage. My solution is to play Huff at NB in those packages and play BJ Ward on the line and let him blitz or make the RB pay because he's a ferocious hitter. The offensive has def. stepped it up and have gotten consistency from the run game, but McCown is killing us by holding the ball for waaay too long. Just my two cents, even if we beat the Browns, we're still in the cellar for another year.