PDA

View Full Version : Barrett Ruud is looking like a Pro Bowl ILB

2stepsahead
09-17-2007, 11:34 AM
very proud of him......dang ETK and Caddy, where yall at?

zCaddyz
09-17-2007, 02:52 PM
he was the second best player on the field next too brooks, he made like 3 fumbles messed up there rb eye he was over

Beans
09-17-2007, 06:04 PM
he was the second best player on the field next too brooks, he made like 3 fumbles messed up there rb eye he was over

whaaaaaaaaat

Caddy
09-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Right here man, just haven't been posting very frequently lately as I have a lot of stuff going on at the moment.

I struggle to understand zcaddyz at times as well, but at least he has good intentions. I've always been on the Barrett Ruud bandwagon and am extremely happy to see him perform as well as he has been. Hopefully we see him continue to improve as the year progresses.

Beans
09-17-2007, 07:29 PM
guess who leads the nfl in tackles :D

zCaddyz
09-17-2007, 09:38 PM
hmm did know he was leading in tackles......but yeah did u see deuce eye after his first fumble it was closed shut cant wait till he can jack up jackson

Caddy
09-17-2007, 09:43 PM
hmm did know he was leading in tackles......but yeah did u see deuce eye after his first fumble it was closed shut cant wait till he can jack up jackson

I wouldn't associate injuring someones eye with 'jacking' them up.

etk
09-19-2007, 08:32 PM
I probably won't be on for more than a couple minutes during the weekdays, too busy. Ruud is playing well but Cato June will be more valuable down the road, making Ruud our least important LBer. June is actually splitting time in the nickel spot with the almighty Brooks, so that gives you a sense of his instincts and athleticism in coverage. It appears we have the talent to have an effective "bend but don't break" defense with Haye, Phillips & Jackson stepping up, but it's June's playmaking ability that will make this defense dangerous. Greg Spires is playing reckless too, while Hovan is his usual steady self. The only thing I'm looking for from the defense is for Gaines Adams to step up and make some plays with penetration. I didn't expect him to explode right away but the time is now as he's already 24. Our draft will look very weak if he doesn't pan out.

Sorry to ramble on as this could go in the other yipidee-doo-da thread.

Caddy
09-20-2007, 03:21 AM
June is probably the best coverage linebacker in the league so seeing him split time with DB on passing downs is far from surprising. I'm just curious as too why you think Ruud is less important than our future Sam linebacker (I assume June will slide back to the weakside when Brooks retires).

Beans
09-23-2007, 05:26 PM
Ruud is a beeeeeeeeeeeeeast.

zCaddyz
09-23-2007, 09:05 PM
ruuds going to pro-bowl his year i feel it

Caddy
09-24-2007, 04:56 AM
Don't Jinx Him

2stepsahead
09-24-2007, 12:36 PM
incredible play from he and the defense...barring injury, he will be a Pro Bowler (and finally some young fresh defensive superstars)

Caddy
09-24-2007, 04:48 PM
I would rather him be an All-Pro than a Pro Bowler. Hopefully he can be both.

Go_Eagles77
09-25-2007, 07:39 PM
So whats up with Trotter? Obviously it looks like he doesn't need to be starting but is he getting any PT at all?

etk
09-25-2007, 07:47 PM
So whats up with Trotter? Obviously it looks like he doesn't need to be starting but is he getting any PT at all?

I haven't seen him in any action so far.

Caddy
09-25-2007, 09:58 PM
I haven't seen him in any action so far.

I believe he has been inactive so far and barring an injury I really can't see him making an impact this season or any season for that matter courtesy of Ruud's great play.

Caddy
10-04-2007, 03:38 AM
NFC Defensive Player of the month belongs to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=6040