PDA

View Full Version : Scott, What is your assesment on Tim Tebow?

dregolll
09-17-2007, 01:25 PM
Scott, I just wanted to know what is your opinion on Tebow? The guy has it all, he really does. I thought he was just hype but man does he have tremendous physical skills.

Man_Of_Steel
09-17-2007, 01:27 PM
whoaaa, a direct question.

Turtlepower
09-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Scott, I just wanted to know what is your opinion on Tebow? The guy has it all, he really does. I thought he was just hype but man does he have tremendous physical skills.

Is it more of a question or a validation of your already made assumption?

bored of education
09-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Lol. Don't Direct Your Questions To Scott With Your Own Answer In The Same Post!

Addict
09-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Lol. Don't Direct Your Questions To Scott With Your Own Answer In The Same Post!

that's the DDYQTSWYOAITS-rule isn't it?

Seriously, at first, I thought Tebow was all hype, but... man, does he have amazing physical skills...

bored of education
09-17-2007, 02:49 PM
The guy has it all, he really does. I thought he was just hype but man does he have tremendous physical skills.

zCaddyz
09-17-2007, 02:49 PM
tebow reminds me of elway

Turtlepower
09-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Tebow is as godly as Cutler who is as godly as Elway. And thus the comparisons begins.

Green Bay Scat
09-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Tebow is as godly as Cutler who is as godly as Elway. And thus the comparisons begins.

then u remember hes a lefty.... poor guy

energizerbunny
09-17-2007, 06:52 PM
His stock as a QB will probally grow with the success Alex Smith has for the 49ers.

JK17
09-17-2007, 06:56 PM

Please, he's clearly more then Cutler and Elway.

God himself is the poor man's Tim Tebow.

;)

Green Bay Scat
09-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Please, he's clearly more then Cutler and Elway.

God is the poor man's Tim Tebow.

;)

how can favre be a poor mans Tim Tebow? hes probably one of his children, Favre is just like Henry when it comes to kids....i guess

09-17-2007, 07:00 PM
His stock as a QB will probally grow with the success Alex Smith has for the 49ers.

good comparison. they compare quite similarily.

bearsfan_51
09-17-2007, 07:48 PM

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not. Success? Alex Smith? Who have you been watching?

energizerbunny
09-17-2007, 09:07 PM
I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not. Success? Alex Smith? Who have you been watching?

last time I checked Smith had a pretty solid sophmore year and his team is 2-0.

Tebow will get heavy Smith comparisons around draft time being similar types of QBs playing in the same system.

So in conclusion.... Alex Smith success = Higher Tim Tebow grade come draft time

SenorGato
09-17-2007, 09:08 PM

I think he's implying that they seem like very similar prospects physically.

I agree, Tebow's arm didn't seem in the Cutler range at all.

Plus, Florida's offense is probably the fastest and most athletic in all of college football.

bearsfan_51
09-17-2007, 09:44 PM
last time I checked Smith had a pretty solid sophmore year and his team is 2-0.

Tebow will get heavy Smith comparisons around draft time being similar types of QBs playing in the same system.

So in conclusion.... Alex Smith success = Higher Tim Tebow grade come draft time

If you think Alex Smith is living up to expectations as a #1 pick you've got very low expectations.

Rex Grossman was 13-3 last year, does that make him a good QB too? Should people be out there trying to sign Danny Wuerful?

The Niners are 2-0 in spite of Smith (actually I would argue it's mostly due to cosmic factors beyond their play as they've largely sucked it up the first two games) but it's certainly not their offense, and it's DEFINATELY not their passing game.

d34ng3l021
09-17-2007, 09:49 PM
Tebow takes like 30 seconds to throw a 10 yard pass.

YAYareaRB
09-18-2007, 12:30 AM
I think he closely resembles Steve Young back in the day. Both have good arms and are deadly on the move.

Shiver
09-18-2007, 01:44 AM
A little early for an "evaluation" isn't it?

Turtlepower
09-18-2007, 01:46 AM
Tim Tebow has the arm strength of Elway, the accuracy of Marino, and the mobility of Steve Young. =D

Turtlepower
09-18-2007, 01:47 AM
I think he closely resembles Steve Young back in the day. Both have good arms and are deadly on the move.

A little early for an "evaluation" isn't it?

The post above says it all.

bigrich88
09-18-2007, 12:10 PM
slow down with the comparisons, he only a true sophmore in college and is not even close to reaching the peak of his game.

Bostonsportlova
09-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Time Tebow is a fantastic runner. Hes not only fast but he runs like a fullback. So far this year he shows he can lead a team quite well. Also he can throw the ball but takes to long to do it. I no with the whole mike vick no panning out is a kill on running qbs. But with the way vince young is playing and tebow in college. I think its slowy during the nfl to a more of a running quarterbacks. But i will never turn around intill the top qbs are pocket (manning and brady)

Staubach12
09-25-2007, 06:06 PM
It's too early to truly evaluate a prospect at this point, however, I will say this. The guy has it all, he really does. I thought he was just hype but man does he have tremendous physical skills.

neko4
09-25-2007, 06:07 PM
There's two reasons why Tim Tebow is good,
1-He is a descendent of the favre Tree
2-Percy
JK,
I think Tebow will be a first

no love
09-26-2007, 06:48 PM
If you think Alex Smith is living up to expectations as a #1 pick you've got very low expectations.

Rex Grossman was 13-3 last year, does that make him a good QB too? Should people be out there trying to sign Danny Wuerful?

The Niners are 2-0 in spite of Smith (actually I would argue it's mostly due to cosmic factors beyond their play as they've largely sucked it up the first two games) but it's certainly not their offense, and it's DEFINATELY not their passing game.

Yah but Alex Smith's success (or lack thereof) is based largely on the mentality of the offense. In the first game Smith lead the game winning drive. Plus Smith is NOTHING like Grossman, he hardly ever throws boneheaded interceptions and is a game manager. Which is exactly what Mike Nolan wants him to be, the Trent Dilfer to his 49ers (er... you know what I mean)

Obviously you aren't watching 49ers games. Because those cosmic factors of which you speak have been a lights out defense that hasn't allowed many tds. Even in the Pittsburgh game it was 19-7 going into the 4th with one td coming from special teams. Yeah they fell apart in the end when the game was over but they were extremely solid through 3 quarters.

Freddy G
09-26-2007, 07:18 PM
Actually, i really like him as a potential top prospect. Way to early to really get technical, but so far he seems to display what it takes...especially that moxy and "it" that QBs need.

Sniper
09-26-2007, 07:27 PM
My crow is tasting pretty good right now. I didn't think Tebow was as an accomplished passer as he is, but wow. He can throw, run, probably throw a 60 yard bomb and run under and catch it, stiffarm two defenders and score. He's incredible.

geaux tigers
10-07-2007, 07:40 PM
after watching a couple more games, he looks to be a good college qb.

a great runner, but his passing skills is still very average.

Sniper
10-07-2007, 08:17 PM
after watching a couple more games, he looks to be a good college qb.

a great runner, but his passing skills is still very average.

You could say that about a lot of true sophomores.

soybean
10-07-2007, 08:54 PM
he's a monster. I think more teams should do that. Just spike it to the fullback on a shotgun and have him run straight through the middle.

Moses
10-07-2007, 08:59 PM
My Analysis of Tim Tebow:

http://www.aolcdn.com/aolpolltool/tim-tebow-girl

mqtirishfan
10-07-2007, 09:17 PM
My Analysis of Tim Tebow:

http://www.aolcdn.com/aolpolltool/tim-tebow-girl

Tim Tebow wins?

wvfan14
10-08-2007, 12:58 AM
Tebow is a great athlete, but I believe he will make a good pro as well. He can play great without having to run, and he can do that in the NFL, but the addition is that he can run if needed and run well.

He's got a great arm and he's a great leader already.

Scott Wright
10-08-2007, 01:39 AM
Sorry for taking so long to reply in here, I thought I already had.

Anyway, I like Tebow and as I've said in the past I remember watching some of his high school clips and thinking he was the closest thing I'd seen to Steve Young. He still has a ways to go as a passer but in my opinion I wouldn't rule out the first round being a possibility down the line. I still think he's going to win a Heisman Trophy as well. Tebow and Urban Meyer's offense are a match made in football heaven.