PDA

View Full Version : Which Non-BCS team could win the BCS Bowl Bid?

D-Unit
09-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Now that there is a fifth BCS Bowl game and one school from a Non-BCS Conference has the chance to be awarded that game. If qualified, who do you think will end up getting it?

Turtlepower
09-17-2007, 02:58 PM
Now that there is a fifth BCS Bowl game and one school from a Non-BCS Conference has to be awarded that game, who do you think will end up getting it?

Notre Dame will finish 6-6 and get it. =D

fenikz
09-17-2007, 02:59 PM
Hawaii has to be the favorite

BrownsTown
09-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Since I know it's the answer you want to hear, Hawaii. Them, Tulsa, and Air Force are the only Non-BCS teams that are undefeated. If not them, if TCU runs the table with the only loss to Texas than maybe them.

I didn't think it was automatic, I thought it was just if they were ranked higher than one of the teams that won the conference. Like last year it was Wake Forest.

D-Unit
09-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Since I know it's the answer you want to hear, Hawaii. Them, Tulsa, and Air Force are the only Non-BCS teams that are undefeated. If not them, if TCU runs the table with the only loss to Texas than maybe them.

I didn't think it was automatic, I thought it was just if they were ranked higher than one of the teams that won the conference. Like last year it was Wake Forest.
No last year it was Boise St.

Im_a_Romosexual
09-17-2007, 03:10 PM
if TCU runs the table with the only loss to Texas than maybe them.

TCU has 2 losses. they lost to Air Force Friday

BrownsTown
09-17-2007, 03:13 PM
TCU has 2 losses. they lost to Air Force Friday

Thanks. Didn't see that.

BrownsTown
09-17-2007, 03:13 PM
No last year it was Boise St.

I meant Wake Forest was the conference champ that was ranked lower than Boise, which got them in.

D-Unit
09-17-2007, 03:18 PM
I meant Wake Forest was the conference champ that was ranked lower than Boise, which got them in.
Say what again? I'm confused. Wake was the ACC champ and they get an automatic bid. What did they have to do with Boise getting in?

BrownsTown
09-17-2007, 03:19 PM
Say what again? I'm confused. Wake was the ACC champ and they get an automatic bid. What did they have to do with Boise getting in?

Because Boise was ranked higher than one of the conference champs (Wake) they got in, that's what I thought the rule was. Let me check.

BrownsTown
09-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Here are the rules

With this format, the champions of the Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pacific-10 and Southeastern Conferences will continue to play annually in one of the BCS bowls through the post-season following the regular season. In addition, one conference champion from among Conference USA, Mid-American, Mountain West, Sun Belt, and Western Athletic Conferences will automatically qualify to play in a BCS bowl if it is:

(1) ranked among the top 14 teams in the final BCS standings; or

(2) ranked among the top 16 teams in the final BCS standings and ranked higher than the champion of one of the conferences whose champion has an annual automatic berth in a BCS bowl.

This is what I was thinking of.

bearsfan_51
09-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Yeah there is no non BCS-automatic birth, but nice try at creating another thread about Hawaii D-Unit. ;)

D-Unit
09-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Here are the rules

With this format, the champions of the Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pacific-10 and Southeastern Conferences will continue to play annually in one of the BCS bowls through the post-season following the regular season. In addition, one conference champion from among Conference USA, Mid-American, Mountain West, Sun Belt, and Western Athletic Conferences will automatically qualify to play in a BCS bowl if it is:

(1) ranked among the top 14 teams in the final BCS standings; or

(2) ranked among the top 16 teams in the final BCS standings and ranked higher than the champion of one of the conferences whose champion has an annual automatic berth in a BCS bowl.

This is what I was thinking of.
Oh very good research!

I'd say if Hawaii goes undefeated, they have to be the team to get it. They are ranked #18 in the USA Today poll right now. 14 is not far away.

If they lose a game, they are out though. No doubt about that.

D-Unit
09-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Yeah there is no non BCS-automatic birth, but nice try at creating another thread about Hawaii D-Unit. ;)
Sorry, I thought there was. My mistake, but at least I learned something new. :D

My purpose wasn't to create "another" Hawaii thread (as if there is one)... but it was to stir discussion on who could be in the race for it.

...and I edited the post title and original post.

neko4
09-17-2007, 05:38 PM
Hawaii if they go 12-0 and win most every game commandingly

Vikes99ej
09-17-2007, 06:08 PM
I'd say Hawaii. I don't see any team on their schedule that they should lose to, except for maybe Washington.

princefielder28
09-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Colt Brennan

awfullyquiet
09-18-2007, 07:59 PM
Colt Brennan

Man with two right hands throws balls better.