PDA

View Full Version : Earl Bennett WR

Green Bay Scat
09-17-2007, 03:25 PM
i know hes a junior, and i think he will stay for his Sr. year, but if he comes out, why is it that people dont even think he will be a 2nd rounder, he has the one thing that matters, he makes the big play consistently and make the normal catches, plus he can PR, his speed isnt great, but its still probably high 4.4 low 4.5 and he can adjust well to the ball, so why isnt there any love? is it cause he plays for "lowly" vanderbilt? I could see him going to Denver to be reunited with Jay, and be a slot for Stokley as he isnt really great, but solid, and would be perfect. Just why doesnt he get any love is my question?

fenikz
09-17-2007, 03:28 PM
I had him going late 1st round in my mock draft, even compared him to Marvin Harrison, besides not having elite speed its hard finding anything wrong with him.

bored of education
09-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Lee Evans/Steve Smithesqueish

Green Bay Scat
09-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Lee Evans/Steve Smithesqueish

EB is 6'1" 200lbs, hes not as explosive, but i think he runs the best routes out of anyone in this class, of course im a homer so people wont listen, but when u dont have elite speed, u have to make it up with something, i think EB is more of a Marty Booker type, but i dont really know what to say, hes like Harrison in his catching abilities, but he can actually slant and maybe break a tackle, while harrison falls do to being "Frail" its really hard to see who he compares to, Id really like to know what scott thinks on the subject, as i havent seen a player like him, and hes been doin this for so long.

PACKmanN
09-17-2007, 04:12 PM
He reminds me alot like Greg Jennings. He will be a solid 2nd round pick.

bored of education
09-17-2007, 04:15 PM
Oh he is bigger than I thought.

draftguru151
09-17-2007, 07:25 PM
As far as a pure receiver, I really think he is the best in the country. Amazing hands, his body control and adjusting to the ball is great. Not amazing size or speed but enough of each to get by. He reminds me of Reggie Wayne. Jackson is more explosive, Malcolm Kelly has the better physical tools, Doucet is bit more athletic but those guys don't have the receiving skills of Bennett (Doucet is the closest one).

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-17-2007, 07:38 PM
This guy has potential to be a #1 WR in the league. He has everything you look for in size, speed, hands, and most importantly, discipline and route running. He's a CJ type playmaker(although CJ was more gifted physically) that has that killer instinct to win ball games.

Don Vito
09-17-2007, 08:05 PM
What I love about EB is consistency. He puts up great numbers and has a huge impact almost every game. Great hands, great routes, he always knows where the ball is and will adjust to it, and he plays a lot faster than he (probably) will time. He is definitely the best WR in college today, maybe not the best prospect, but he certainly has the physical skills to make it in the NFL. He reminds me a lot of Troy Brown while he was in his prime.

Sniper
09-17-2007, 08:48 PM
He reminds me alot like Greg Jennings. He will be a solid 2nd round pick.

I think EB is a first rounder. If it said , Earl Bennett WR Florida or USC or Michigan etc...i.e a big name school everyone would be all over the guy. His timed speed isn't great, but timed speed is vastly overrated anyway.

JC the Savior
09-17-2007, 08:53 PM
I would love to see him in Denver... but I doubt it would because I see him going 1st or 2nd round

Staubach12
09-18-2007, 04:30 PM
I actually met him this summer at my football camp. It was pretty sweet.

09-18-2007, 04:34 PM
I would love to see him in Denver... but I doubt it would because I see him going 1st or 2nd round

me too i would like to see him reunite with cutler and im sure he would be able to put up solid numbers there even in a more limited role for the first couple of years with javon walker and brandon marshall there. 2nd-3rd round maybe??

Green Bay Scat
09-18-2007, 04:42 PM
I actually met him this summer at my football camp. It was pretty sweet.

How tall is Earl Bennett, it goes from 5'11" to 6'1" what do u think he is?

Mr. Stiller
09-18-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm sorry I see EB as a Hines Ward/ Larry Fitzgerald type without the hype.

Physical great route running receiver that is reliable.

I would love to get him to be the future behind Hines and in so I'm hoping he stays for his senior year.

draftguru151
09-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Smaller Fitz makes sense just because of the hands and body control.

Staubach12
09-18-2007, 07:48 PM
He was a big guy. 6'1" seems about right. He's a beast, too. I told him I was looking forward to seeing him shatter the SEC reveiving record, and he just laughed.

Green Bay Scat
09-18-2007, 08:31 PM
Id have to say im the #1 Earl Bennett fan on this forum

BYAAAWWWW

smittyjs
09-18-2007, 09:36 PM
As stated by DG, as a pure WR he is the best in the NCAA right now, Great hands, one of the best route runner i have ever seen in the last 10 years of CF, Body Control is also great, his abilty to locate the ball and the way he goes up for the ball is amazing, makes you think he is 6'5 or something. I have watched him for the last three seasons(Season ticket holder), and every week he takes you to the next level with how he plays WR in the SEC, EB +JC = the next "Big thing".

Hawk
09-18-2007, 09:40 PM
I think he sneaks in the 1st Round. Very early second could also be a possibility. Anywhere after that I would consider a steal.

Smokey Joe
09-18-2007, 10:01 PM
This has nothing to do with Bennett, but rather a different Vandy guy... Chris Williams, can he play LT in the NFL?

smittyjs
09-18-2007, 10:03 PM
This has nothing to do with Bennett, but rather a different Vandy guy... Chris Williams, can he play LT in the NFL?
Yes, but i think RT could be a better choice at the next level.

Green Bay Scat
09-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Yes, but i think RT could be a better choice at the next level.

i think Chris Williams compares to Tony Ugoh and can and should play LT in the NFL

Woody56
09-19-2007, 02:26 AM
Earl Bennett is IMO the best WR in college and I see an almost clone of Reggie Wayne. 16-25 overall.

Hines
09-19-2007, 12:03 PM

now thats a player that i want the steelers to get

fenikz
09-19-2007, 02:06 PM
do you think he will get the Dwayne Jarret treatment, all production but only an average combine making him drop to the 2nd?

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-19-2007, 02:16 PM
do you think he will get the Dwayne Jarret treatment, all production but only an average combine making him drop to the 2nd?

He's faster than Jarrett, and will probably have amuch better combine. No, I don't think that the "Dwayne Jarrett" treatment will happen.

Oh yeah, I forgot that he reminds me of Keenan McCardell.

Cashmoney
09-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Tennessee would be a lot better with him. The titans or the vols.

Smokey Joe
09-30-2007, 08:22 PM
Well, I think he is first round talent, but I hope he enters the draft and drops to the second so my Bears can get him... either him or Malcolm Kelly.

eazyb81
10-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Bennett is a monster, I can't wait to see what he does against UGA in a few weeks.