PDA

View Full Version : Worst New York Team?

TimD
09-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Who is it? Bills, Giants, or Jets? They all play each other but as of now (after week 2) who do you think is the worst New York team?

Bills
Offensive Points a Game - 8.5
Yards a Game - 203.5
Time of Possession - 51:21
Defensive Points Allowed a Game - 20.5
Yards Allowed a Game - 445

Giants
Offensive Points a Game - 24
Yards a Game - 381.5
Time of Possession - 57:37
Defensive Points Allowed a Game - 40
Yards Allowed a Game - 423

Jets
Offensive Points a Game - 13.5
Yards a Game - 265.5
Time of Possession - 55:46
Defensive Points Allowed a Game - 29.0
Yards Allowed a Game - 367

Now these are just basic team stats so they don't paint the whole picture but I figured I'd post them. Remember, don't just pick the least talented team, pick the worst team, so take in account for coaching, injuries and therefore team depth, etc.

yodabear
09-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Jets have lost their QB and the Bills has had more important things on their minds, so I gotta say the Giants, that defense is straight up awful.

TimD
09-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Jets have lost their QB and the Bills has had more important things on their minds, so I gotta say the Giants, that defense is straight up awful.

I think that Kellen Clemens will be really good. He probably won't start next week, but if he does expect a good performance considering he will have 1 game under his belt.

Number 10
09-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Bills are currently the worst.

But if the Giants defense is actually this bad, which I don't think is the case, we'll give them a run for their money.

Jets are the best of the three, but again, the margin is tiny.

All three are not playoff teams.

bearsfan_51
09-17-2007, 03:55 PM
All three have no shot at the playoffs. Just thinking about the answer to the question makes my brain hurt. I've gotta go Giants though, the other two teams got blown out by more respectable opponents.

bearsfan_51
09-17-2007, 03:57 PM
I think that Kellen Clemens will be really good. He probably won't start next week, but if he does expect a good performance considering he will have 1 game under his belt.
I really hope that the Jets push forward with Clemens. In part because I think he'll be good, but also I want a healthy and motivated Chad Pennington competing for the QB spot on the Bears next season. A game manager like him would be great for our current situation.

Number 10
09-17-2007, 04:02 PM
I really hope that the Jets push forward with Clemens. In part because I think he'll be good, but also I want a healthy and motivated Chad Pennington competing for the QB spot on the Bears next season. A game manager like him would be great for our current situation.

I don't think you want Pennington throwing in the Windy City. His arm is one of the weakest in the league...

I actually think that will of the QB depth in this year's draft...you could easily get away with drafting one in the 1st and starting him early on.

bearsfan_51
09-17-2007, 04:04 PM
I don't think you want Pennington throwing in the Windy City. His arm is one of the weakest in the league...

I actually think that will of the QB depth in this year's draft...you could easily get away with drafting one in the 1st and starting him early on.
This team considers itself a Superbowl contendor (right or wrong). They won't start a rookie QB in his first year. I honestly have no idea what we'll do, probably just sign Rex to a one year extension and do this stupid dance all over again.

Number 10
09-17-2007, 04:08 PM
This team considers itself a Superbowl contendor (right or wrong). They won't start a rookie QB in his first year. I honestly have no idea what we'll do, probably just sign Rex to a one year extension and do this stupid dance all over again.

True but it's been proven that with a dominant defense, you can start a young/shaky QB. I'm not saying your rookie HAS to start, but you'll have a good crop to pick from in the 1st that would be tough to shy away from. You guys are a QB away man.....

TimD
09-17-2007, 04:08 PM
is there anyway to see who voted for who?

duckseason
09-17-2007, 04:15 PM

You guys need some new receivers. Kellen was penning the story book beginning to his career, and they just kept ripping the pages out. 3 times he put the ball on their hands in the endzone, yet he comes away having "thrown" an interception. Between that, the Browns being granted a first down despite having been stopped a good 2 feet short, and the Vikings choosing to repeatedly put the ball/game in Bollinger's hands during crunch time when they have AD in the backfield, my voice is all messed up today.

Shiver
09-17-2007, 04:35 PM
The Bills are the worst, Jets are the second worst, Giants are third worst. The Giants can at least score so that should be good for six wins.

SuperMcGee
09-17-2007, 04:45 PM
There's no way this should be a runaway without the Bills in front. We have been awful.

Zim3031
09-17-2007, 04:51 PM
You guys need some new receivers. Kellen was penning the story book beginning to his career, and they just kept ripping the pages out. 3 times he put the ball on their hands in the endzone, yet he comes away having "thrown" an interception. Between that, the Browns being granted a first down despite having been stopped a good 2 feet short, and the Vikings choosing to repeatedly put the ball/game in Bollinger's hands during crunch time when they have AD in the backfield, my voice is all messed up today.
You're unfairly criticizing Coles and Cotchery off of the horrid choke job that was Justin McCareins (I never can spell that name). Cotchery and Coles made some ridiculous catches that game and especially in the fourth quarter. I would even say that they are one of the few strengths of this team.

And yes, Clemens is the man ;)

P-L
09-17-2007, 04:53 PM
is there anyway to see who voted for who?
No, it isn't a public poll.

bigbluedefense
09-17-2007, 05:04 PM
The Giants have the worst defense, I know that much.

The Jets have the brightest future, simply because they have the best coach out of the 3.

The Giants are in a state of flux. I don't blame Coughlin that much for it honestly. Right here right now, its hard to blame Coughlin for the defense. But regardless, at this pace he'll be fired and we'll have a new coach, and with new coaches comes turnover.

Buffalo is in a rebuilding mode, they need 2 to 3 more years.

Stash
09-17-2007, 05:10 PM
I think the Bills are the worst. I was expecting them to take a step forward this year, but Losman and that offense have just looked bad.

The Giants D is pretty ugly, but like someone already said their offense can score so they should win some games.

I think that the Jets are the best out of the 3 because they are better all around than the other 2. Their D is probably just average, but I would expect their offense to pick it up especially with the way Clemons played. They might be 0-2, but remember those losses were against the Pats and Ravens.

Addict
09-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Giants edge out the Bills for second place of the NY teams. But if things go like they go now, it's going to be the Jets #1, Bills #2 and Giants #3.

DMWSackMachine
09-17-2007, 06:33 PM
I would honestly say the Giants are the best of these three, and the Jets are the worst.

At least the Giants have stability on offense, with above average (and maybe even legitimately good) QB play, and a fairly experienced/stable O-line. Their D is horrid right now, but they have a young CB coming up to help with that area, a solid group of pass rushers and a key cog in the middle of their defense. Their corners are still horrible, and they have inconsistent play at Safety--though Wilson seems to be a solid player most of the time--not to mention the annual hole in the middle of the D-line. They seem like the kind of team that could hire a new coach, draft a key guy or two on defense and have the new coach come in and suddenly make a playoff run. Right now its just not happening, though.

The Jets seem to be a mess. They just don't have any offensive playmakers, really. They need a legitimate superstar that can be the bread winner for that side of the ball, and they need their young O-lineman to keep developing. With a couple of years and at least one dynamic young offensive player added, they could vault into contention.

Buffalo is a whole different story, to me. They just don't seem to know wtf they are doing. Losman looks good one day and horrible the next. Their O-line is improving, but still not as good as I expected it to be. Their defensive secondary has looked awful. I just don't even know what to say about them anymore.

Bills2083
09-17-2007, 06:34 PM
The Bills. I chose them not only because we are bad, but we are the only team that plays in New York (where's the new Giants/Jets stadium? In NJ or NY?).

But, our team is pretty much terrible. Lynch has been impressive, as has Moorman. The line hasn't played too bad, and neither has McCargo. But everyone else has just been pitiful.

I'm not sure about the Jets/Giants though, because I only watch the Bills. I just think that we're the worst, because you cant get any worse than what we're playing like right now.

bearsfan_51
09-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Oh also, Dick Jauron is a terrible head coach. Great coordinator, totally unqualified to be a head coach.

Bills2083
09-17-2007, 06:38 PM
Oh also, Dick Jauron is a terrible head coach. Great coordinator, totally unqualified to be a head coach.

People on the Bills Message board are already calling for Jauron's and Fairchild's heads. We want Schottenheimer in here.

cordscords
09-17-2007, 06:42 PM
The Bills by a mile.

TimD
09-17-2007, 06:43 PM
haha good point... the bills are the only team that play in new york (and the only one of the 3 without new york in their team name)

RaiderNation
09-17-2007, 06:44 PM
no doubt giants or bills.

Bills2083
09-17-2007, 06:45 PM
haha good point... the bills are the only team that play in new york (and the only one of the 3 without new york in their team name)

Isn't Buffalo in New York?...

yourfavestoner
09-17-2007, 06:46 PM
The Bills need to stop being so ******* conservative and get the ball in Lee Evans' hands. He's the best player on any of these three teams and so far only has five receptions for 22 yards.

bearfan
09-17-2007, 06:47 PM
I said Giants. The offense has been playing very well, but the defense is horibble. After that, I would go Bills. Then Jets, based on the fact that I think that they have a good core group (better than the other 2)

San Diego Chicken
09-17-2007, 06:49 PM
The Giants defense is a disaster. Even a Chargers apologist like myself feels sorry for Eli, because he is actually playing good football, but they're constantly having to play from behind. Talent wise they are by far the best of the three teams, but performance wise they look like the worst.

bearsfan_51
09-17-2007, 06:50 PM
The Bills need to stop being so ******* conservative and get the ball in Lee Evans' hands. He's the best player on any of these three teams and so far only has five receptions for 22 yards.
Part of their strategy is that they know their extremely banged up secondary can't stop anyone. So if they go to airing it out then they are stuck in a shootout with inferior weaponry.

The Bills are playing extremely conservative because their talent sucks. They know it. Everyone else knows it.

Bills2083
09-17-2007, 06:50 PM

He has 4 receptions. Even worse. We need better playcalling

Bills2083
09-17-2007, 06:57 PM

Part of their strategy is that they know their extremely banged up secondary can't stop anyone. So if they go to airing it out then they are stuck in a shootout with inferior weaponry.

The Bills are playing extremely conservative because their talent sucks. They know it. Everyone else knows it.

We had more talent before all of our injuries (Ellison, Webster, Simpson, Denney, and I think there's more.